X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Carter had the peanut farm

but you're correct, Gerry Ford fought in WW2 (Navy)
    proof i didnt cheat anyhow with google

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      one wrong

two missing
      Which one is wrong?

Teddy: Spanish American War
      Truman: WW1
      Eisenhower: WW2
      Kennedy: WW2
      LBJ WW2
      Nixon: WW2
      GHW Bush: WW2

So I assume Carter is wrong.

Taft and Harding never served AFAIK, George Bush Jr was a military reserve and I omitted him on purpose, I doubt Coolidge served and FDR obviously not so that leaves Ford (possible), Wilson (doubt it) and Regan (highly doubtful).

Also technically (see the sig) as they are Commander-in-Chief they all served.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        Which one is wrong?

Teddy: Spanish American War
        Truman: WW1
        Eisenhower: WW2
        Kennedy: WW2
        LBJ WW2
        Nixon: WW2
        GHW Bush: WW2

So I assume Carter is wrong.

Taft and Harding never served AFAIK, George Bush Jr was a military reserve and I omitted him on purpose, I doubt Coolidge served and FDR obviously not so that leaves Ford (possible), Wilson (doubt it) and Regan (highly doubtful).

Also technically (see the sig) as they are Commander-in-Chief they all served.
        Carter is wrong (never saw action)

SICKPUPPY got Ford

so just one left. It's not Reagan who was in uniform during WW2 but never saw action.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

have to run

it was McKinley (Civil War)
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
            Did u ask her to marry you?
            im not saying its correct but they did not declare war
            They haven't declared war since WW2, their constitution makes no requirement that they do. Still war though.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

anybody have a rough idea how long withdrawls take from FT since black friday?

Comment

The live stream figures for the PaddyPowerPoker.com Irish Open are in, and the results are pretty monumental. The Open, which attracted 615 players to the main event, never mind those who turned up for the side events and to just generally lap up the atmosphere, was also viewed in 158 countries across the globe. The stream which went out live for 13 hours each day for the four days of the main event had more than 100,000 unique viewers and made a new record for Ireland as it served over 3.5 million viewer minutes of live coverage. Plus EV Media worked with Paddy Power PLC to provide a TV quality broadcast across multiple streams around the world, and viewers could get a great feel for the event with interaction via live chat plus Twitter and Facebook features. Not only that, the event could be watched on multiple devices such as the iPhone with Paddy Power’s iPhone app. The Irish Open was filmed for TV and will be shown on RTE and Sky in the coming weeks, with a full replay ...

Think IPB should have gotten a mention for providing much of the activity in the chat.
                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Anyone know what The Jackpot game 2nite is like. Does it get many runners?

Have an itchin to get outta the house with the wife away.

Any other decent games on in dublin or is this the best one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    Anyone know what The Jackpot game 2nite is like. Does it get many runners?

Have an itchin to get outta the house with the wife away.

Any other decent games on in dublin or is this the best one?
                    They normally get c. 30-40 Ciaran, not many decent games on around on a Wed. Was gonna head in but decided to hit cinema instead.

Comment

Ste, Explosions in the Sky are playing on monday in vicar street.

Comment

Quinn is getting destroyed by Hook and Hobbs on Newstalk atm
                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

According to Leanne Moore, The eurovision juries vote on the Dress rehearsal tonight instead of the show tomorrow.. Kind of weird situation, someone could fuck up the dress rehearsal and storm the live event, or vice versa..
                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            http://www.cardplayer.com/poker-news...-breaks-record

Think IPB should have gotten a mention for providing much of the activity in the chat.
                            New Approach is in the pic representing. Is that IonaPaul on the left or an impersonator?

Edit: Re the chat, don't think we should be getting any mention for most of the BS that went on in it. I ended up moving the screen so I couldn't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                              Good thing that Terminal 1 and 2 at Dublin Airport are so close, you wouldn't want to make that mistake in many other airports.

Where are you off to Danny?
                              Slovenia, yeah true about the terminals here remember had to walk from terminal 2 to terminal 3 in Heathrow twice pretty long trek!

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                              Have you flown before Danny?
                              Once when I was very young like 4/5 and then back in 09 when I went to LA & Las Vegas going over I was grand smiling like a dope but on the way back I felt a little anxious but same again today but when I got out I was grand on the flight.
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                New Approach is in the pic representing. Is that IonaPaul on the left or an impersonator?

Edit: Re the chat, don't think we should be getting any mention for most of the BS that went on in it. I ended up moving the screen so I couldn't see it.
                                Impersonator, makes big bucks

Comment

cliffs on chat box?

Comment

Is facebook acting up for anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubble King Nine View Post
                                      cliffs on chat box?
                                      Hard to keep up with the amount of abuse your friend Mahony was getting. Who knows, maybe he was giving it to himself! I didn't look at it long anyway, saw a few moans about it here over the week.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                        Is facebook acting up for anyone?
                                        Seems to be ok for me, I have noticed a little glitch in the chat thou when you get to the side of the chat box and if the word doesn't move onto a new line it wont let you insert a break and the words come out with no space between them, kinda weird.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                          Seems to be ok for me, I have noticed a little glitch in the chat thou when you get to the side of the chat box and if the word doesn't move onto a new line it wont let you insert a break and the words come out with no space between them, kinda weird.
                                          Just checked there and its working fine on internet explorer. wierd.

Ya that happens me aswell with the chat.

Comment

cliffs on chat box?
                                            You'll not profit one little bit from hearing 99% of the shite that went on in it.
                                            I did like Caf and hit full screen so I didn't have to look at it after a while.

Been said before but the chatbox adds a big fat ZERO to the excellent livestream coverage and could easily be done without next year leaving more time for Bex to get constantly interupted and talked across by that Emmet bloke (don't get me started on him).

Zod was very funny though...'til they banned him.
                                            Last edited by Bless You; 11-05-11, 18:13. Reason: wrong name

Comment

It's been too long old friend

SPOILER
                                              Last edited by MegaSin; 11-05-11, 17:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                You'll not profit on little bit from hearing 99% of the shite that went on in it.
                                                I did like Caf and hit full screen so I didn't have to look at it after a while.

Been said before but the chatbox adds a big fat ZERO to the excellent livestream coverage and could easily be done without next year leaving more time for Bex to get constantly interupted and talked across by that Emmet bloke (don't get me started on him).

Zod was very funny though...'til they banned him.
                                                Nice edit Lucky, because I was very confused!
                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I was reading a piece by Channing where he was saying he was pretty disheartened with all the shite that was going on n the chatbox - I suppose in some ways it helps the views interact with the show though

Comment

Have got 1 spare (possibly 2) tickets for the Rush concert @ the O2 in Dublin tomorrow night. If anyone's interested PM me.

TY

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeUWJbs9Q5E[/ame]

Comment

I was reading a piece by Channing where he was saying he was pretty disheartened with all the shite that was going on n the chatbox - I suppose in some ways it helps the views interact with the show though
                                                      Meh if anyone really wants to get in contact they can email in. Chatbox moves too fast and any interesting stuff gets lost among the noise. Have you a link to that piece? Would be interested in reading it.
                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

It gives people a voice who shouldn't have one. I'd love to hear how many people Iain(I think he had the power) banned. I agree with Bless You that it took away from the excellence of the stream, good to see it breaking records all the same. It was made worse, imo, by the fact that the commentators were interacting with the stream, ie people thinking the more they type, the more chance they have of getting a mention.

Comment

Think Danny just made this site's first mod edit from a different timezone.

Beat that Deadparrot et al.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            Slovenia, yeah true about the terminals here remember had to walk from terminal 2 to terminal 3 in Heathrow twice pretty long trek!

Once when I was very young like 4/5 and then back in 09 when I went to LA & Las Vegas going over I was grand smiling like a dope but on the way back I felt a little anxious but same again today but when I got out I was grand on the flight.
                                                            Ah not so bad. I think after about 3/4 trips abroad the whole airport buzz becomes 2nd nature: check in online if possible, print itinerary + boarding passes and keep them in the pocket with your passport. Then just be on time and follow the signs basically. I always lol at how panic-stricken some people are for travelling and running around like headless chickens.

My first couple of times flying were nervous enough tbf. I can only describe it as being like the fright I had as a nipper when I got a few spins on my Dad's bikes. Equally as exciting as it was scary.

Oh and enjoy the trip or holiday.

Comment

It was made worse, imo, by the fact that the commentators were interacting with the stream, ie people thinking the more they type, the more chance they have of getting a mention.
                                                              +1, its a dangerous system to operate. perhaps a #tag system from twitter would be better next year, let people put their face to their comments, and still be able to delete the shite.
                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9LaY92-Zvg&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Rurai Quinn on George Hook.

Essentially ends up admitting that savings are a revenue stream. Last one out turn out the lights

Comment

Hard to keep up with the amount of abuse your friend Mahony was getting. Who knows, maybe he was giving it to himself! I didn't look at it long anyway, saw a few moans about it here over the week.
                                                                    Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                    Most of the Mahony thing was in good jest. I had it on for a while before i had to switch it, but Channing got a ton of shit from the railtards and he was reading and commented on it. Marrow also got dogs abuse while commentating but think he was oblivious to it all

Comment

Looks a lot like Sammy from the old Merrion, Jackpot and Fitz

Comment

Positive cricket WC news for us

Ireland's hopes of playing in the 2015 World Cup appear to have received a major boost following an ICC meeting on Wednesday.

Ireland's hopes of playing in the 2015 World Cup appear to have received a major boost.

Ex-Ireland captain Trent Johnston told BBC Sport on Wednesday that the ICC's Cricket Committee had "unanimously" recommended that there should be a qualifying process for the 2015 event.

Last month, the ICC announced a move to restrict the 2015 competition to the sport's 10 full members.

This led to a major outcry and the ICC later said it would revisit the issue.

Former Ireland captain Johnston was attending Wednesday's meeting as a players' representative of the associate nations.

Johnston wrote on his Twitter page: "Unanimous decision by ICC Cricket Committee to recommend to the Chief Exec Committee there be a qualifier for CWC 2015. A great result!"

A final decision on the issue is expected to be taken at the ICC's Annual Conference in Hong Kong in June.

Two weeks after the initial decision, ICC president Sharad Pawar responded to vociferous dissatisfaction among the associate and affiliate nations by requesting the executive board look again at the structure of the tournament.

Apart from Ireland, who beat England in 2011 and Pakistan at the 2007 World Cup, the other nations outside the ICC's full members to take part in the 2011 event were Kenya, Canada and the Netherlands.

Scotland, who were at the 1999 and 2007 tournaments, did not dispute the decision to limit the World Cup to 10 teams but argued there should be a qualification event.

Former England captain Michael Vaughan also called for a qualification tournament.

Cricket Ireland chief executive Warren Deutrom has insisted that the associate and affiliate nations will "keep up the pressure" on the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                          Most of the Mahony thing was in good jest. I had it on for a while before i had to switch it, but Channing got a ton of shit from the railtards and he was reading and commented on it. Marrow also got dogs abuse while commentating but think he was oblivious to it all
                                                                          Marrow deserved it. In fact, he probably deserved a shed load more. Abysmal performance.
                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

can anyone send me $300 on stars for the same on FT please? I'll ship first

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                              Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                              Marrow deserved it. In fact, he probably deserved a shed load more. Abysmal performance.
                                                                              I heard Channing talking about it alright but I had long tuned out by then. Marrow was lolbad tbf.

Don't know if anyone deserves anything like that though, they are giving up their free time for commentary to make the stream better(obv Marrow didn't make it better). But in the end I think the chat box should just be done away with altogether. Any requests/questions can be asked on the PPP blog.

Comment

Cliffs on yesterdays first episode of The Apprentice?
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Cliffs on yesterdays first episode of The Apprentice?
                                                                                  Prize this year isnt a job with Sugar, he's giving £250K to the winner for them to set up their own business and he'll have a 50% stake
                                                                                  Girls win task
                                                                                  Boys Project Manager gets the boot ldo

Not much else to report - on again tonight for ep 2

Comment

Also WTF is this Jedward Eurovision gamble all about. Into as short as 7/2 now
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Just back from Priest 3d, watchable popcorn flick.

We were the only two people in the cinema as well which was kind of cool, should have pretended i was balla and rented out the whole place to impress a bird.
                                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Ship. Brother who I haven't seen in 7 years is coming home from the States in September. Great news!
                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                          It's been too long old friend

SPOILER
                                                                                          Yes it has been my trusty friend!

It gives people a voice who shouldn't have one. I'd love to hear how many people Iain(I think he had the power) banned.
                                                                                          Just like the Internet in general, Also anyone wana set a line and bet the over/unders with someone else not me as i don't gamble

Comment

Anyone got any good tutorials for how to make a Mojito?
                                                                                            Lazare perhaps......
                                                                                            Really enjoying your youtube channel!

Or perhaps a good Vuvuzela clip?
                                                                                            Last edited by Emmet; 11-05-11, 19:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                              Anyone got any good tutorials for how to make a Mojito?
                                                                                              Lazare perhaps......
                                                                                              O look who came (s)trolling back into town like nothing ever happened! Well well Well.... don't they all come crawling back in the end!!
                                                                                              Last edited by pgodkin; 11-05-11, 19:58.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_R6YpLpV90[/ame]
                                                                                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

come dine with me, coronation street special on tv 3 now lol
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Maybe not overrated after all.........

[NSFW="Alison Brie"][/NSFW]
                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                      Prize this year isnt a job with Sugar, he's giving £250K to the winner for them to set up their own business and he'll have a 50% stake
                                                                                                      Girls win task
                                                                                                      Boys Project Manager gets the boot ldo

Not much else to report - on again tonight for ep 2
                                                                                                      Nice one, didn't know it was on now. Recording it so will have to avoid the BBV til i catch up. No fucking around with the BBV title now dya here!

Comment

What's the current BBV title reference?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          Tonight's Apprentice
                                                                                                          I too would like to know
                                                                                                          Last edited by sligoboi; 11-05-11, 20:12.
                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

It's about me and Lottie. The SCHD connection.

Comment

Jedward I think.

Comment

Jesus the girls manager today is fuc*ing obnoxious.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Ampiapp sounds like some form of female's medication

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                                    Just like the Internet in general, Also anyone wana set a line and bet the over/unders with someone else not me as i don't gamble
                                                                                                                    Not really the same as the internet although I get what you're saying. I mean there is no need for people to have a voice because the feed is good enough without the chatbox. The only people I would be tuning in to hear(or who should have a voice imo) are the commentators and whoever comes along to help, like Doke. I don't see the point of the chat box and as I said I think it takes away from the stream. Lucky for me I don't have to read it.

Comment

The future of Music
                                                                                                                      The Wlyd Stallions of our Generation
                                                                                                                      The soul of a nation who had it all and are not quite sure where it went
                                                                                                                      Two men who will scream into the German night and demand we as a people rise together
                                                                                                                      Of course, I mean...
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Both these apps are dreadful, like seriously seriously bad.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

what are you doing for the rest of the night?
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X