X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mary Horney View Post
    Don't read the Sun.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
      Does £150m for 15 years seem like a shit deal to anyone else?
      Arsenal also not getting good deals for their shirts imo, Nike (£8m/pa), Emirates (£6m/pa). Compare these with other teams and they are pretty laughable. Also don't they not even get the full cut from their stores?

Liverpool - Adidas (£12m/pa) rising to £15m when the deal ends supposedly and Standard Charter (£20m/pa).

United - Nike (£25m/pa) and Aon (£20m/pa).

Chelsea - Adidas (was £10m/pa) and Samsung (was £11m/pa) but both have been renewed and the current values aren't known but I guess they've increased.

Spurs - Autonomy (£20m/pa), Investect (£5m/pa plus bonuses), Puma (£5m/pa). Spurs changing to Under Armour worth £10m/pa next season.
      Yeah it's not the best deal in the world when compared to the other big teams. The shirt deal doesn't run as long as the stadium deal so that's up for renewal soon. I think the fact that we got all the money up front rather than a portion per year was a huge deal for us and not something we could knock back. In hindsight, it's worked great for Arsenal and we wouldn't be in this position if we've had signed a £250m deal where we only get £18-£20m per year

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Speaking of football shirts...whats the worst premier league one ever?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
          Speaking of football shirts...whats the worst premier league one ever?
          Chelsea had a truly disgusting grey jersey with an orange streak in the mid ninties. Either that or Liverpools beige reebok jersey around the same time. Can't link on phone, prob a good thing considering how bad they are.
          Profit before people.

Comment

I actually remember loving the look of the Cameroon jersey at the WC in 2002 with the black t-shirt inside them..something different!

Comment

For the people who have read The Malazan books and the Game of Thrones books:

Is it worth taking a break from Eriksson to get the Game of Thrones read, considering that I won't want to watch the show until I've read the books?

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlusgU-MUZ4&[/ame]
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  For the people who have read The Malazan books and the Game of Thrones books:

Is it worth taking a break from Eriksson to get the Game of Thrones read, considering that I won't want to watch the show until I've read the books?
                  I'd read them both side by side like I did, if you want literary orgasms.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                    Chelsea had a truly disgusting grey jersey with an orange streak in the mid ninties. Either that or Liverpools beige reebok jersey around the same time. Can't link on phone, prob a good thing considering how bad they are.
                    This thing

Comment

Top 3..

Millwall

Crystal Palace

Caribous of Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                        This thing

Yep- it's hideous. Umbro were never the best designers tbh. Although I did like their yellow and blue jersey.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Rugby too has some classics

Comment

One of my staff handed me a wallet a lady left behind at the Till as she was paying. In it was 870 euro and 9 cred cards,there was also a work id so i rang them and they said they would let her know. she just came in with the hubby,i handed it to her and not only did we not get a thank you but the husband told to count all the cash to make sure its all Still there.
                            So pissed off,rude pricks. I shud have put it on the fav in the next and that would have been my IO ticket

Comment

Im guessing there might be an overlay in the Emporium tonight? They need 40 runners to hit it and with the BH weekend and The Irish Open on they might not get that.

I left my fooking bank card at home today though. Any of the regulars heading in?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                Yep- it's hideous. Umbro were never the best designers tbh. Although I did like their yellow and blue jersey.
                                Umbro get it very right or very wrong. Adidas ftw. Nike are lolbad.

Umbro getting it wrong. New Ireland kit.

Umbro getting it right - New New York Cosmos kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  I'd read them both side by side like I did, if you want literary orgasms.

Comment

Always thought this thing was disgusting and had a manky feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                      One of my staff handed me a wallet a lady left behind at the Till as she was paying. In it was 870 euro and 9 cred cards,there was also a work id so i rang them and they said they would let her know. she just came in with the hubby,i handed it to her and not only did we not get a thank you but the husband told to count all the cash to make sure its all Still there.
                                      So pissed off,rude pricks. I shud have put it on the fav in the next and that would have been my IO ticket
                                      what a grade A cunt

Actually interesting question - if the roles were reversed and when you got to the car you realised you were a deuce short would you go back in?

Comment

A lad in the footie forum did a mock up of an Ireland jersey based on Umbros new designs.
                                        It's not real but ironically the nicest Ireland shirt i've seen.

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                          A lad in the footie forum did a mock up of an Ireland jersey based on Umbros new designs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=152
                                          It is beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                            Don't read the Sun.
                                            Couldn't help myself .
                                            Originally posted by DJKendo View Post
                                            I actually remember loving the look of the Cameroon jersey at the WC in 2002 with the black t-shirt inside them..something different!
                                            Yeah i remember they had a tank top/wife beater version of it too.
                                            Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                            Always thought this thing was disgusting and had a manky feel.

lol remember my ma buying me that jersey and telling her to get me the home jersey instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                              Looking forward to reading the updates and visiting the Burlo - hope the weather outside doesn't get too nice to drive those inside crazy!
                                              See Rebecca McAdam posted on Facebook that Tatjana Pasalic is going to be working the IO for PP nice

SPOILER

Seems like PP have put together a good crew for this, just a shame you had to get a real job and can't work this

Seems like you might have some good karma coming your way imo but as for those people fuck em!
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=152
                                                Quality, he better trademark that

Comment

ugghhh
                                                  Really want to get to the Burlo this weekend as I need some time to blow off steam,
                                                  probably not the best idea to play cards but a few pints would be nice.

I more than likley wont make it up due to other commitments but have a blast all and I'll be railing Dannys blog.
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                    See Rebecca McAdam posted on Facebook that Tatjana Pasalic is going to be working the IO for PP nice
                                                    Holy crap!

Comment

hawt

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                        ugghhh
                                                        Really want to get to the Burlo this weekend as I need some time to blow off steam,

I more than likley wont make it up due to other commitments but have a blast all and I'll be railing Dannys blog.
                                                        Can we try to get a list of IPBers playing before the event, would be nice for railage...

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                          It is beautiful.
                                                          I'd love one of those, that lad needs a job with Umbro.
                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

You are so sacked

Comment

Can we try to get a list of IPBers playing before the event, would be nice for railage...

The Boyles market has a good list. We'll be concentrating mostly on the IPB lads for our blogging. And of course other characters as well. We will try to adopt another El Tren a like

If there's half as much laughs as last year it will be a right blast.

I encourage anyone in the area to drop in and say hi and have pints.

The big question is what lucky person will be the subject of this years 'Rounders meets' segment

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                You are so sacked
                                                                you cant fire me, i'm famous
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

ugghhh

I'm working for "The Enemy" try and read both should be good fun, hey Kev you gonna be helping that dude out from Blonde Poker again with any updates like last year?

Have a look in the LL thread and you will get an idea.

Comment

I wonder has qualified for the event does anybody know?

Comment

Is there something else on next weekend that ye're covering as well or is that a few weeks away?

Comment

Is there something else on next weekend that ye're covering as well or is that a few weeks away?
                                                                        JP Masters in a few weeks with Danny and myself
                                                                        slovenia Deepstack - Danny
                                                                        More to be confirmed

Comment

JP Masters from the 5th of May and then the D4 Events Deepstack in Slovenia the following week and then maybe the UKIPT in Cork the following week.

Comment

I am a fucking spanner, my RS account ran out this morning and wont really need it been away for the weekend and will probably be Tuesday minimum before I get back to downloading stuff and I go and activate it today there is a waste of 4 days

Comment

Ah
                                                                              Of course my loyalties will be on the IPB blog
                                                                              I forgot you were whoring yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                I play a lot of Online Footy manager games, and been a nice start to the season in this game. Arsenal could learn a thing or 2

At the halfway point now. Next season will be all change i'd imagine

Comment

I am a fucking spanner, my RS account ran out this morning and wont really need it been away for the weekend and will probably be Tuesday minimum before I get back to downloading stuff and I go and activate it today there is a waste of 4 days
                                                                                  Turn on home PC
                                                                                  teamview connection from laptop in burlo
                                                                                  download away
                                                                                  or RSS feed onedll.com to scrap shows you want

Comment

Ah
                                                                                    Of course my loyalties will be on the IPB blog
                                                                                    I forgot you were whoring yourself out.
                                                                                    Woah dude that hurts + cuts deep

Comment

Have a look in the LL thread and you will get an idea.
                                                                                      Who does Rees Brennan & Eoin Olin post as on here?

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Turn on home PC
                                                                                          teamview connection from laptop in burlo
                                                                                          download away
                                                                                          or RSS feed onedll.com to scrap shows you want
                                                                                          No biggie I suppose but just bugs me a little the second I hit the extend for 30 days I was

Not a big of automating downloads like to see what links I am importing as don't wanna end up with some bogey copy and then have to get a proper.

Plus Treme Season 2 is starting Sunday night gonna suck not been able to watch it straight away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                            Who does Rees Brennan & Eoin Olin post as on here?
                                                                                            Rory Reese Brennan use to post in the old place as Skint Reesy not sure if he made the move over here and Eoin Olin is Mr Pillowtalk.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                              Im guessing there might be an overlay in the Emporium tonight? They need 40 runners to hit it and with the BH weekend and The Irish Open on they might not get that.

I left my fooking bank card at home today though. Any of the regulars heading in?
                                                                                              Not sure if i am playing there or supersat,if u want to pm me yur number i will let u know by 7 and if i am playing se i will lend u the buy in.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                Could anyone recommend me a good book on Nike, i.e. the company? I'm interested in something that offers a history of how it grew from Phil Knight selling runners he made at home out of the boot of his car into a behemoth corporation, while discussing the social implications of its rise in popularity.

Bit of an obscure one I know, but nothing the BBV can't handle.
                                                                                                [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Breaks-Game-David-Halberstam/dp/1401309720/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1303397772&sr=1-1-spell[/ame]

Great book, deals a little with how Magic/Bird/Jordan made both ESPN and Nike into the companies they are today. Possibly not in the depth you want though for Nike.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm3ttZhmFTQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

haven't time to raed todays BBV so apologies if this was alraedy posted

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Not sure if i am playing there or supersat,if u want to pm me yur number i will let u know by 7 and if i am playing se i will lend u the buy in.
                                                                                                      Thanks Kev,

I have enough for the tourney but don't like going in without a few quid for cash when I bust before the break.

I might just head in and play the tournament anyway for a bit of craic.

Appreciate the offer. Good luck in the super sat if you play.

Comment

Playstation network down .. hacked again

While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running. Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this [...]

Comment

Just walked up to the Citywest Shopping Centre and 3 little knackers decided to throw stones at me from across the road, obviously not fans of the Philly Eagles jersey. Thankfully they were shit at throwing the cunts. Bottle of vodka, litre of milk and 2 limes counts as shopping I suppose?

Comment

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...rvice-outages/
                                                                                                            You realise its sunny out?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                              Just walked up to the Citywest Shopping Centre and 3 little knackers decided to throw stones at me from across the road, obviously not fans of the Philly Eagles jersey. Thankfully they were shit at throwing the cunts. Bottle of vodka, litre of milk and 2 limes counts as shopping I suppose?
                                                                                                              You forgot the Kahlua dude...

Comment

You forgot the Kahlua dude...
                                                                                                                FUCK.... off to run the gaunlet again so

Comment

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/...rvice-outages/
                                                                                                                  Yup, Anon have been threatening an attack for a while now. Probably them.

Comment

You realise its sunny out?
                                                                                                                    Sun? it's Ireland.. your bluffing is terrible
                                                                                                                    Here's your problem. I hope you called them names .

Comment

thought this was good

Comment

OMGgoalposts FB page here.. show your appreciation.

Last edited by IPB Champ; 21-04-11, 15:46. Reason: im retartted

Comment

^^^
                                                                                                                          Even the LOTR gifs are too fckn long

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X