• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, busted within an hour. Result.

Goodnight
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Seattle is a bit of a shithole. Quite the feeling of menace when walking the streets here.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Seattle is a bit of a shithole. Quite the feeling of menace when walking the streets here.
        Sleepless?

Comment

Went to bed early last night due to early start this morning. WTF happened to McIlroy? He was cruising when I turned the telly off.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
            Went to bed early last night due to early start this morning. WTF happened to McIlroy? He was cruising when I turned the telly off.
            He hit a tree with his drive on 10 and it basically landed in someone's front garden. Even the commentators said they had never seen a ball in there before. Hit another tree along the way and ran up a triple bogey.

They three putted 11 from 12 feet and foot putted 12. Found the stream on the left of 13.

We didn't get to see anymore of him then

Was really sad to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
              What's the story with flash based websites and the iPad, do they work at all yet?
              The best attempt I've seen for playing flash with an Apple device is this Skyfire app, which is basically a browser that somehow plays flash on certain sites, although it doesn't work universally.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Do the underground tour. I really enjoyed it.
                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                  He hit a tree with his drive on 10 and it basically landed in someone's front garden. Even the commentators said they had never seen a ball in there before. Hit another tree along the way and ran up a triple bogey.

They three putted 11 from 12 feet and foot putted 12. Found the stream on the left of 13.

We didn't get to see anymore of him then

Was really sad to see.
                  It was like watching a man drown.

And yet it was only sport and the kid will bounce back. He's already a bigger name in golf than lots of pros playing years.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    It was like watching a man drown.

And yet it was only sport and the kid will bounce back. He's already a bigger name in golf than lots of pros playing years.
                    he's a 21 year old multi-millionaire

I think he'll get over it
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                      I used to use IE before the interweb existed!
                      Do you remember Trumpet Winsock? the very old days on the WWW

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        Do you remember Trumpet Winsock? the very old days on the WWW

Having to restart Trumpet Winsock to get netscape navigator to connect to the internet. oldschool world wide web.

No doubt some greybeard will be along shortly to tell us about playing poker on some dodgy BBS at 9.6 baud.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

the free money offers have started

personally, I would treat this as the first stage of negotiations and counter-offer with 50%.

Comment

Some of you peeps are really showing your age. My earliest memories of the interweb are my dad shouting at me to turn it off because "the telephone is making that strange noise again"....

Dial-up FTL!
                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

@V for Vendatta

Good call on Sat for the rugby. Unfortunately I done most of the loots that afternoon so didn't have a bet. Enjoyed the game, stadium is v nice. Paid for it yesterday though, too old for that drinking shit.

Comment

So i share a flat with 2 others, myself and one other have been here from the beginning, (7 months) and in between we have had 3 different housemates, anyway myself and the other original had taken the responsibility of paying the electricity, however the bill comes every 3 months, so for housemates coming and going, we deducted an estimate on how much we think they owe for their stay judging by the other bills from their deposits.

So we were a good bit behind on our bill, we set up a direct debit in my name, which would last for 6 weeks, (65 euro deducted each week) from my account, some time passed and we thought that we had paid off in full, apparantly not.

Anyway i got paid the other day, paid my rent etc, i tried to withdraw money earlier this morning and was rejected (insufficient funds) i log on to my internet banking and my blanace is (640 DR)

The statement states the money has gone out to ESB.

So what do i do now? i dont get paid again until the beginning of next month, and when i do, will the 640 be deducted as soon as i lodge my wages?

Cheers.
                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                  @V for Vendatta

Good call on Sat for the rugby. Unfortunately I done most of the loots that afternoon so didn't have a bet. Enjoyed the game, stadium is v nice. Paid for it yesterday though, too old for that drinking shit.
                                  me too

God Leicster were one-dimensional. "If at first we can't run through you, we'll, errrr, try running through you". Leinster were quite happy to defend and if we'd held our passes in the first half, would have put 30 on them. Some decent banter with their supporters (sweating mightily in their tiger suits).

roll on the 30th, tickets on sale Friday 10am.

Comment

^^^ move back in with mammy Byrne obv.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Massive LOL at the media and general public reaction to McIlroy's Chernobyl-esque meltdown compared to Watney and Johnson last year.

Was glorious watching Sky's "great white hype" implode before their fawning eyes. Beautiful TV. Can't wait to watch it again in 15 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        the free money offers have started

personally, I would treat this as the first stage of negotiations and counter-offer with 50%.
                                        If I paid tax i'd be pretty pissed it's going towards subsidising degens mortgages.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                          Anyway i got paid the other day, paid my rent etc, i tried to withdraw money earlier this morning and was rejected (insufficient funds) i log on to my internet banking and my blanace is (640 DR)

So what do i do now? i dont get paid again until the beginning of next month, and when i do, will the 640 be deducted as soon as i lodge my wages?

Cheers.
                                          Yep it'll instantly disappear, + quite likely a penalty fee for going overdrawn.

Putting a bill in your own name in a house share is not a good idea by the way.

Comment

Morning all. I had a great weekend, hope everyone has a cracking week.

Paying 3.50 for a cone in marley park yesterday could not even dampen my high.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                              If I paid tax i'd be pretty pissed it's going towards subsidising degens mortgages.
                                              There was a semi-interesting thread on boards.ie/economics about how people on tracker mortgages are being subsidised by those on variable rate, the latter having to pay punitive margins. And whether this is a 'fair' situation or not.

I'm on a tracker myself but I can see how its a bit of an anomaly.
                                              €250 yearly levy for all trackers maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                There was a semi-interesting thread on boards.ie/economics about how people on tracker mortgages are being subsidised by those on variable rate, the latter having to pay punitive margins. And whether this is a 'fair' situation or not.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l74083zafAM[/ame]

Comment

Looking at getting a new bbq.

The brother has picked out this one, http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/pro...&catid=100.2.0 any suggestions/recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

I'm on fixed, reverting to variable in November

It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. Trackers were only widely available during the boom so the people who availed of them were the ones most likely to have taken out jumbo mortgages on silly valuations. They're quite likely to be looking at 70-80% capital losses when all this is over.

Whereas the variable mortgages tend to be older, i.e. taken out at more sensible valuations.

So the headline interest saving has to be balanced against the fact that the vast majority of trackers are deep in NE (and heading further in by the day).

No winners here I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                      Looking at getting a new bbq.

The brother has picked out this one, http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/pro...&catid=100.2.0 any suggestions/recommendations?
                                                      A Gas BBQ???

Comment

Or, to put the 'tracker vs variable' debate another way:

news comes out that the ECB is raising base rates to 1.25%.

Mick and Mary are drinking in the pub.

Mary: FFS, I'm getting ridden solid here. My variable rate is now up to 5% after the banks hiking rates massively last year.

Mick: LOL, loser. My tracker is ECB+1%.

Mary: Ah well, at least I only owe 100k on mine. What's yours btw?

Mick:

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                          Some of you peeps are really showing your age. My earliest memories of the interweb are my dad shouting at me to turn it off because "the telephone is making that strange noise again"....

Dial-up FTL!
                                                          Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                          A Gas BBQ???
                                                          Gas BBQ ~= Alcohol free Whiskey
                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's gotta be gas i'm afraid. The ol' fella wouldn't have the patience to have it any other way.

Comment

doubt you could call all holders of tracker mortgages degens. when it came to choosing our mortgage it was a no-brainer to pick a tracker, tbh iam surprised that more people havn't got them

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

yeah exactly the same for me. Was just watching PAD on pokercast.tv and it crashed. had it buffered up and all but had to start the buffer again after it crashed.

Has to be something to do with Chrome though. Might uninstall and reinstall to see if that does anything.
                                                                I would try watch it on PokerTube before PokerCast as the former seems to be better for streaming and YouTube as well if you can find it.

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                Youtubes also been acting buggy as hell for a while for me, also a Chrome issue?
                                                                Mine has been acting spazzy the last while sometimes takes ages to load vidoes, can't figure out if its my side or theirs.

i've had no issues with youtube apart from chrome crashing once every while. It could well be another bug with chrome though.

Maybe do what Danny suggested above and use the dinosaur IE browser
                                                                You should

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                As much as sickens me to say it, FIFA is better then PES now.
                                                                Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                I know, and it took me years to finally accept that. And I still pretend I'm playing PES by having the controller set up to be exactly like PES so I don't have to admit to myself that I'm a FIFA player now.
                                                                Finally some PES people that can admit that Fifa has been superior to PES the last while, I have one mate who just has blind allegiance to PES and wont hear anything said wrong about it he be just a drooler

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                Speaking of Patrick Bateman, at the moment in work we are doing a few bits on pieces on the company's image/marketing etc. Such as the website and business cards. In passign I mentioned the "business card scene in american psycho". I was a little idssappointed that only one person got the reference.
                                                                American Psycho's business card scene. My favorite scene in this classic movie.Cho$en Link

What's the story with flash based websites and the iPad, do they work at all yet?
                                                                No sign of it happening anytime soon, you thinking about buying one?
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                  So i share a flat with 2 others, myself and one other have been here from the beginning, (7 months) and in between we have had 3 different housemates, anyway myself and the other original had taken the responsibility of paying the electricity, however the bill comes every 3 months, so for housemates coming and going, we deducted an estimate on how much we think they owe for their stay judging by the other bills from their deposits.

So we were a good bit behind on our bill, we set up a direct debit in my name, which would last for 6 weeks, (65 euro deducted each week) from my account, some time passed and we thought that we had paid off in full, apparantly not.

Cheers.
                                                                  Get a pen, some paper, a copy of all your correspondence with ESB and previous bills, and call them.

Find out where the 65 quid you were paying went to, and how much is currently on your bill.

make sure everything you are told by the Representative is written down and ask for a copy of what you are told to be emailed to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                    Get a pen, some paper, a copy of all your correspondence with ESB and previous bills, and call them.

Find out where the 65 quid you were paying went to, and how much is currently on your bill.

make sure everything you are told by the Representative is written down and ask for a copy of what you are told to be emailed to you.
                                                                    I foresee 'your call is important to us, please hold' hell

Comment

better that than no electricity and dodging a bailiff who's trying to steal your stuff.

Comment

better that than no electricity and dodging a bailiff who's trying to steal your stuff.
                                                                        just steal your electricity from your neighbours imo

I actually have half a suspicion that oil was stolen from our tank recently

Comment

French burqa ban comes into force.

Not sure where I stand on this. People should be allowed to wear whatever they want I guess so the French laws are as bad as the Islamic ones. Not sure how pure French motives are either. Shit stirring methinks.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Tell them you're a free man of Ireland, and that they're using legislation, not law.

etc
                                                                            etc

Comment

I've got golf fever, any good par 3 courses left around Dublin? I'll hate the game again if I play on a normal course.
                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                the French laws are as bad as the Islamic ones.
                                                                                not unless they've implemented the death penalty for homosexuality, preaching other religious doctrines or having sex outside marriage (can't see the frogs going for that one)

but yeah, if you want to wander round in a tent looking like a creature from another planet, be my guest. Just don't explode at the same time.
                                                                                Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 11-04-11, 11:30. Reason: spelling gone to pot, Kayroo about

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                  I've got golf fever, any good par 3 courses left around Dublin? I'll hate the game again if I play on a normal course.
                                                                                  I can save you time and effort.

Golf is shit. go play Pitch and Putt.

Comment

Stackstown isn't a par 3, but its a fairly decent course to get out on for rusties / beginners / students.

Comment

Golf is shit.
                                                                                      amen brother

Comment

I actually have half a suspicion that oil was stolen from our tank recently
                                                                                        it is getting common with the price of the fucking stuff. but before you go shouting stop thief, first question the missus a bit more about how much she uses the heating, if she is anything like mine she will deny turning on the heating but if you persivere pretty soon you will realise that they turn on the heating at every little oppurtunity.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Think Deer Park is still on the go.
                                                                                          Haven't been there in years but used to like their par 3 course.
                                                                                          Cheap too.

Edit: Yep, Short course is a fiver before 1pm and €6 after it.
                                                                                          Last edited by Bless You; 11-04-11, 11:40.

Comment

the one opposite johnnie fox is a really nice par 3

Comment

Not sure where I stand on this. People should be allowed to wear whatever they want I guess so the French laws are as bad as the Islamic ones. Not sure how pure French motives are either. Shit stirring methinks.

Being in Grenoble, I fully expect to be caught in the middle of a march/protest on the way home... that said, at least once a week I have been (and this is not a word of a lie!)

In other islamic related french news, I was recently befriended on facebook by a Moroccan lad who was doing a line with a rather lovely young canadian girl who i'm hanging around with. The day I leave this place i am unfriending him fully anticipating being pulled aside at some international airport someday and interrogated as to how I know him and if I know of his whereabouts/terrorist activity.

The guys facebook messages are extreme, including rants against people who eat pork.

Comment

The Dcu equality officer is a headscarf wearing muslim, bizarre imo. Can't really imagine her looking after someone that got knocked up or some homosexual's problems, well, maybe in an Al Pacino way rather than the Julie Andrews way she is meant to be.

Comment

I'm on fixed, reverting to variable in November

It's a bit of a chicken and egg situation. Trackers were only widely available during the boom so the people who availed of them were the ones most likely to have taken out jumbo mortgages on silly valuations. They're quite likely to be looking at 70-80% capital losses when all this is over.

Whereas the variable mortgages tend to be older, i.e. taken out at more sensible valuations.

So the headline interest saving has to be balanced against the fact that the vast majority of trackers are deep in NE (and heading further in by the day).

No winners here I'm afraid.
                                                                                                  Yes,Yes,Yes & Yes

Comment

The Dcu equality officer is a headscarf wearing muslim, bizarre imo. Can't really imagine her looking after someone that got knocked up or some homosexual's problems, well, maybe in an Al Pacino way rather than the Julie Andrews way she is meant to be.
                                                                                                    Should test her out, invent some problem to do with your promiscuous homosexuality and see how she handles it. Possibly be eating a centra sausage roll whilst explaining.

Comment

What about all the catholics who have held the office previously?

Comment

The Dcu equality officer is a headscarf wearing muslim, bizarre imo. Can\\\'t really imagine her looking after someone that got knocked up or some homosexual\\\'s problems, well, maybe in an Al Pacino way rather than the Julie Andrews way she is meant to be.
                                                                                                        Im saying just in this case, where they are trying to control what people wear, the French regulations are as bad as the Islamic ones that have the women dressed like ninjas.
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Im saying just in this case, where they are trying to control what people wear, the French regulations are as bad as the Islamic ones that have the women dressed like ninjas.
                                                                                                          some women could benifit from having something over their heads imo

Comment

What about all the catholics who have held the office previously?
                                                                                                            The average Catholic is barely Catholic at all.

The same cannot be said of Muslims, and they'd take great offence if you did say it.

Comment

think we should have a referendum on getting this thread title changed

Comment

balaclavas are banned as well. All it really is, is a law stating that people need to be identifiable at all times in public places in normal situations.

Comment

The average Catholic is barely Catholic at all.

The same cannot be said of Muslims, and they'd take great offence if you did say it.

The job is for equality officer, if she weren't capable of fulfilling the duties involved they wouldn't run for it.

I'm making that assumption based on what I assume of everyone who puts themselves forward for elected office, that they think themselves capable of doing the job.

Comment

The job is for equality officer, if she weren't capable of fulfilling the duties involved they wouldn't run for it.

I'm making that assumption based on what I assume of everyone who puts themselves forward for elected office, that they think themselves capable of doing the job.
                                                                                                                    In my (limited enough) experience of Student Unions.

They're all just hack clones of each other anyway.

Comment

In my (limited enough) experience of Student Unions.

They're all just hack clones of each other anyway.
                                                                                                                      true.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        balaclavas are banned as well. All it really is, is a law stating that people need to be identifiable at all times in public places in normal situations.
                                                                                                                        well, there goes my holiday plans.

Comment

Horribly quiet in here today, something amiss?

Weather here is fucking unreal for April. Someone left the heating on far too long. Living right beside the meadows is making studying tough though. So many people just lounging with cans and instant barbeques.

I essentially live in the middle of the "Phoenix Park" of Edinburgh, except there's no knackers, hookers or serial killers.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X