This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Also, I actually think the idea of a 4th - 7th playoff for the final CL spot is a great idea on the part of the FA. Hopefully it can be put in place from next season on.
    It prop seems more of a good idea this year because the race for 4th is quite close but there has been years where this gap has been over 15 points and it would seem very unfair to settle the champions league place on a one off match where injuries or a bad refereing decision could settle a game. The reason leagues work so well is because they're marathons where teams finish where they deserve.

I wouldn't try fix something that isn't really broken for what would undoubtably be an exciting week at the end of the season but ultimately extremely harsh on the 4th place finishers and I can't look beyond that and hope the FA see sense..
    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
      Before

After

Women are nuts
      She got liposuction?

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
      i've never watched that show, but i was told he'd be my hero if i did.
      Completely unintellectual, absurdly confident, upsettingly arrogant, supremely irritating communicator, and self consciously done up in terms of clothes, etc to look like a rich brat.

Yeah, now that I think about it - you would like him for sure!

Joke obv
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Nicely put together promo. This fight will be epic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsRUGsqfEXw
        I've never looked forward to a fight as much as this one - Hoping Shogun will destroy him, again, but become the champ this time. If that happens we have a good chance of seeing anderson silva v shogun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
          It prop seems more of a good idea this year because the race for 4th is quite close but there has been years where this gap has been over 15 points and it would seem very unfair to settle the champions league place on a one off match where injuries or a bad refereing decision could settle a game. The reason leagues work so well is because they're marathons where teams finish where they deserve.

I wouldn't try fix something that isn't really broken for what would undoubtably be an exciting week at the end of the season but ultimately extremely harsh on the 4th place finishers and I can't look beyond that and hope the FA see sense..

Unmmoved by the "fairness" argument. The precedent exists all around football, and in plenty of other sports. Particularly when the 4th CL spot for the Premiership isn't exactly seeped in tradition.
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              I failed to win the Lotto
              Yea - I was pretty cut up about losing the Euromillions, the numbers I got weren't even that bad, they had a chance.
              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Anywhere reliable and, more importantly, cheap to buy jeans online? Thinking along the lines of g-star.

Last pair cost me €110 which is way too much imo, but they are excellent jeans.

You're welcome.

Comment

Unmmoved by the "fairness" argument. The precedent exists all around football, and in plenty of other sports. Particularly when the 4th CL spot for the Premiership isn't exactly seeped in tradition.
                  Meh I already have problems with four teams qualifying for what let's not forget is called the champions league and I think a team finishing slightly above half way in a league getting in would be a complete piss take tbh.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Why stop here though, why not have the top four play off for the league title? Bottom nine play off to see which three teams go down? Think of how many awesome and tense play off finals we could create...

Putting the CL spot down to essentially a 'variance fest', where running good over a tiny sample or teams picking up key injuriues/suspensions outweighs 38 games and what potentially could be a large difference in points to me seems unfair and against the spirit of sport, even if I see their reasons for doing it.

Also a team who finishes 7th qualifying may not even make it past the play off anyway, remember Everton? A very unfortunate draw obviously but still.
                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Got alot of abuse after this one!
                        Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($52.25)
                        UTG ($83)
                        Hero (Button) ($50)
                        SB ($54.75)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, K
                        1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 7, 10, K (2 players)
                        SB checks, Hero bets $2, SB raises to $6, Hero calls $4

Turn: ($15.50) Q (2 players)
                        SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($15.50) 6 (2 players)
                        SB bets $7, Hero calls $7

Total pot: $29.50 | Rake: $1.45

Results:
                        Hero had J, K (one pair, Kings).
                        SB had 7, 9 (one pair, sevens).
                        Outcome: Hero won $28.05

Comment

[B]

Completely unintellectual, absurdly confident, upsettingly arrogant, supremely irritating communicator, and self consciously done up in terms of clothes, etc to look like a rich brat.

Yeah, now that I think about it - you would like him for sure!
                          He's absolutely hilarious, 90% of it is an act, and he's done very well for himself out of the show.

He's like a younger Henry17 imo.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            Well meeting went largely as expected, I aired my grievences to a point and got it all noted down. I had a list of 57 questions which kinda threw them a bit and most of the Q's are in the 'we'll get back to you' stage. Absolute farce though that 18 days after the announcement they still dont have job descriptions and salaries for the 2 roles I might possibly be able to go for.
                            Sounds to me like they are slowroling you kev. The longer they leave you hanging the more chance there is that you'll take the sh1t package they are offering. Pr1cks imo
                            "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                              Yea - I was pretty cut up about losing the Euromillions, the numbers I got weren't even that bad, they had a chance.
                              Select the same numbers for this fridays draw man and they must have a better chance this time round.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                He's absolutely hilarious, 90% of it is an act, and he's done very well for himself out of the show.

He's like a younger Henry17 imo.
                                sold

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                  I remembered that this was posted over in the old place

Now number 4 looks like this

Does the order change or stay the same?
                                  2,3,2,3,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,3,2,3,2,2,1,4,2 (thats my order - interesting night!)

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                  I often thought that was the real reason we broke up, she was aolt crazier after she met you so maybe she was trying to force me to break up with her so as she could persue you, maybe.........
                                  id an experience in america this summer with a bunny boiler. god she gave the crazys a bad time. really really cant empathize enough with people who have to put up with these psychos, they actually exist!

you got out on time eoghan!!

it would be very interesting to see there be another culmination to the league except for the league top 2/cup finals. BUT imagine the financial implications, teams who are spending within their means would now gamble more, especially during the xmas period if they were close to 6th/7th . . . So as entertaining as it would be, i cant imagine it being in the best reason for the clubs

PS - villa are a very good bet for the FA Cup. Back them at 6s with laddies . . . and if they get lucky enough to avoid chelsea in semi's then you should get to trade out on them alot lower, or let it ride. O'Neill a cup expert (leicester,celtic)

PPS fundraiser for UCDVO in coppers tomorow night, the charity gets the door for haiti. So spread the word BBV, bringing the bbv all the way to haiti - now thats an achievement!!
                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                    Select the same numbers for this fridays draw man and they must have a better chance this time round.
                                    Interesting theory whyno - I hadn't thought of that. It would be pretty unlikely they'd repeat.

However, I make a point of never picking my own numbers .
                                    I only do Quickpicks.

If you pick your own numbers and they came up some other when you weren't in a draw, you'd have to kill yourself.

Of course, you'd avoid the occasional ridiculous unfeasable waste of a quickpick combination that they sometimes give to you, but I guess it's better than death, until they ge their act together.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                      Don't have a plan to double up and leave its just stupid and your missin out.
                                      in for a score up to 40, didnt leave and she done me good for a little over half of it. then i had a set of aces and they were destroyed by her flush. down to $5 now. desperado time. 9987 raise pre push on flop she goes allin to stack the rest of my few shillins. shes on a draw my 9s hold up. 30 min r so later i leave with $70 after bustin her out. i flop a set turn a straight, she is drawing again i fill up on river. she had 71c left when i said good bye and thanks to her.
                                      http://www.sitnpoker.com/?amigosid=18

Comment

Say you have a thesis, and its really good, and may be published. It goes through a process where you go up in front of committees and you debate with them about it. There is a certain word used for that that I can't think of and its wrecking my head! Its not 'proving' but something similar.
                                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                          Say you have a thesis, and its really good, and may be published. It goes through a process where you go up in front of committees and you debate with them about it. There is a certain word used for that that I can't think of and its wrecking my head! Its not 'proving' but something similar.
                                          Do you have to do a thesis for ur course?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                            Do you have to do a thesis for ur course?
                                            Nope but my housemate is and we can't think of that word and it wrecking collective heads!
                                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post

She nearly died durin the operation but said that it was worth it

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                Before

After

Women are nuts
                                                I am happily ignorant of who this burd is however:
                                                Second pic looks like a Milf-ish mother of the first, which would be fine if she was tipping 40, not so good for a girl who is in her early 20's

Women are indeed nuts!

Comment

Sounds like a nerds wet dream

Comment

I think the idea of a play off for the CL is an atrocious idea. Just let the best 4 teams qualify like normal.

Comment

Substantiate??
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

"Defending"

Comment

Lads, going to book a few tickets for the Dublin Film Festival tomorrow. We're definitely going to see:

"Meeting Room"
                                                          "City of Life and Death"
                                                          "The Best of Youth"
                                                          "Shutter Island"

What other films would you guys recommend as must sees from the program?
                                                          Thanks for the reminder going to organise to go to a few of these.

My suggestion - Enter the Void from Gaspar Noé

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mooCXnTMJUQ[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Lads, going to book a few tickets for the Dublin Film Festival tomorrow. We're definitely going to see:

"Meeting Room"
                                                            "City of Life and Death"
                                                            "The Best of Youth"
                                                            "Shutter Island"

What other films would you guys recommend as must sees from the program?
                                                            Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                            Thanks Lloyd, for the festival reminder.

'Meeting Room' I'll see for sure. Think I may do a Cineworld double-header that day, I just noticed one of the lead characters in 'Between The Canals' is a pal.
                                                            Can't beat day time cinema double headers imo!!

Anyone got any must see recommendations?
                                                            Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 15-02-10, 20:24. Reason: Cheers OPR, was literally typing this up when you replied!!

Comment

Interesting theory whyno - I hadn't thought of that. It would be pretty unlikely they'd repeat.

However, I make a point of never picking my own numbers .
                                                              I only do Quickpicks.

If you pick your own numbers and they came up some other when you weren't in a draw, you'd have to kill yourself.

Of course, you'd avoid the occasional ridiculous unfeasable waste of a quickpick combination that they sometimes give to you, but I guess it's better than death, until they ge their act together.
                                                              Quickpicks are the devil

Comment

Comment

'viva voce' or just 'viva'

essentially means 'vocal defense'
                                                                  up YOUR Viva

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHr9O30Q0nY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHr9O30Q0nY[/ame]
                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Comment

Alice In Wonderland is in 3D ? wtf ?

Opr

Comment

Playoff for 4th place
                                                                        Pro
                                                                        so every season we have teams in the relegation places playing teams with virtually nothing to play for so it can be a lottery for teams in those places as to who they meet. With a play off for 4th place there will be more teams with a real target and thus the integrity of those matches more likely.

Con
                                                                        Liverpool can still qualify just when we thought they were slipping out of contention () ah no really we'll miss them.

i think the FACUP winners should get it, it's just not the competition it once was.

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                          Quickpicks are the devil

Bit harsh. How come?

Comment

Comment

Defend isn't it
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ward No. 6 is one of my favourite short stories and there's an adaptation showing on friday, I'll defo be going. No idea what it'll be like cinematically but it's an amazing bitta writing if you fancy a gander.

Comment

Bit harsh. How come?
                                                                                  you reduce your chances by using quick pick because you're changing your numbers. if you use the same numbers you're using up one draw each time so you're more likely to win it the next time.

Comment

Bit harsh. How come?
                                                                                    Cos every time i do one my numbers never match. Jasus even the time delores mcwhatshername got a quickpick win. pfffftttt anyway

Comment

you reduce your chances by using quick pick because you're changing your numbers. if you use the same numbers you're using up one draw each time so you're more likely to win it the next time.
                                                                                      what???

Comment

I luv the way ye are both leveling each other waiting for some passing chimp to bite.

Edit BOOM. LOL Ace

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post

Disagree totally.

The Premier League needs this. Places 1,2 and 3 are almost completely sewn up these days. The money advantage bestowed by Champions League football is massively divisive within the league as it means United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool (well...) can grow without some random Sheikh coming in to give them an enormous cash injection.

However, it may create some problems. Right now the top 4 budget their seasons with Champions League football included. By making 4th spot a play-off victory it may actually create an odd situation where only the top 3 can make such budgetary allowances and may allow them to pull away even further from the chasing pack who have to plan for the possibility that they won't have the massive cash bonus that CL football brings.

That said, it may allow teams on the fringes to build and grow and break the stranglehold that the "Big 4" seem to hold over European football places.

Surely it's better than there being 3 leagues in England? The 3 or 4 at the top. Alternately the "chase for 4th" and the relegation battle. I'd much prefer there being a big playoff with a HUGE payoff.
                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

"The Best of Youth"
                                                                                            Cheers for suggestions, at 358 minutes will give this one a miss though, no matter how good it is!

Comment

well maybe not if this boycott goes ahead:

A dispute with Disney over the release window could see Alice in Wonderland barred from Odeon, Vue and Cineworld screens

presumably the same cinema groups will also block it in Ireland as well as uk
                                                                                              Wonder will they show it at the IFF, its sold out in any case.

Few of the films seem to be sold out already Lloyd. Shutter Island being the main one that caught my eye

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

might save ye few bobs.

Comment

you figure it out yet?
                                                                                                    wat about justify

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                        Still win's at life due to the complete legend that is her husband.
                                                                                                        I used to laugh at people who watched the hills. Im now totally addicted to it and the city and would compare it to friends ie that i could watch re-runs for the rest of my life. Spencer is brilliant but i can see why some people would hate him. Brody is a pretty cool bloke also. I detest Justin but havent quite worked out why.

As for the girls. Kristin i can't stand. She thinks she is great. Audrina is a pure drama queen and doesn't know whats going on in the real world. Lauren is a cool girl and so is heidi.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                          I used to laugh at people who watched the hills.
                                                                                                          We can't all be debonair sophisticates eating kebabs and watching Jackass.

I agree with the 4th place playoff idea. The playoff certainly adds to the lower leagues. I would love to see some system whereby higher league place conferred an advantage though, like +1 goal over 2 legs if you finished higher. Or one of the players on the lower team has to play on a pogo stick, you know, clever ideas like that.

As for Bray, a friend of mine who used to work there and regale me with stories of teems of single mothers said that if he ever got some money together he would open a shop in Bray called "Prams & Hoopy Earrings Emporium".

Comment

Man some threads in Personal Issues tilt me so bad

this one for example has to be a level nobody could be that much of a spa

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055828335

Comment

I keep seeing this pop up on the bottom of the fifa screen about playing Tiger Woods online for free in your browser im not really into golf and now some of yous are so hopefully its decent check it out.

"you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...

Comment

Surely the 'Champions' League is no longer a suitable name if a club finishing a minor step above mid-table can jump in through a play-off?

Will be another blow to the 'prestige' of the FA Cup when Fulham/Everton field weakened teams in it when prioritising the race for 6th/7th.

Comment

The Champions League hasn't been an apt name for a long time, maybe never.

Comment

...

Comment

Wouldnt say must see but very good movie, Youth in Revolt.
                                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                          Man some threads in Personal Issues tilt me so bad

this one for example has to be a level nobody could be that much of a spa

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055828335
                                                                                                                          Oh dear.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X