• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Heat imo

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
      The Heat is a fucking hero, dont you dare speak ill of him
      Why is that? What's he done to tickle your fancy?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Why is that? What's he done to tickle your fancy?
        He is up there alongside Johnny Archer in the 'best sporting nicknames ever' category

Comment

Dolan has shown up.

Comment

jesus I cant believe thats Andy Fordham

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              I know what you mean, and there will definitely be the odd upset.

But when Dennis Ovens against a qualifier is the last game of the night then I think theres a case for saying that the tournament quality is being diluted by having a 72 player tv stage.
              The Heat is a hero, cult following similar to this guy.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Dolan has shown up.
                I remember owning him in a team event years ago

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  Yes have capt in FF for form and not value, should ship double points on Cahill
                  who else do you have that played and costed more than cahill and has worse form

Comment

Takes years of practice to pwn the Wexford boys. I'l be running a school soon and i'll book you in. $600 for the class and guranteed you'll make at least double that over 12 months
                    I learned my trade on the Northside.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    Usually has the best of it and holds from what I have seen on here.
                    60-40 arent meant to hold 100% of the time though imo.
                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                      maybe someone might know how much practice is needed to get good at darts? years?

like if you took someone who had never played before how long would it take, assumin they have no innate talent for the game,

also why are the majority of darts players overweight? due to the nature of the practice and is a sport based around being in the pub and slamming back pints
                      I dunno but I played at home a lot when I was a kid because my dad used to be very into the game. My overriding impression is that it's an easy game the standard of which should be way higher than it is.

I could be talking crap but I think the game should be possible to play close to flawlessly, but that it isn't because the people who play it are depressed, overweight, alcoholic wife beaters with the discipline of a puppy with ADHD.

The board doesn't move, the targets aren't that small. When you consider what those pistol shooting type people in the Olympics do where they keep their hand completely steady and slow their heart rate down hugely to hit a tiny target.

I remember in the 80s when these slobs used to skull pints while playing. That says it all to me. The game should be unplayable imo.

Comment

Dennis Ovens was in Wexford once obv. Starstruck lads?

Comment

Check out Savages snood

http://plixi.com/p/64251762
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Currently involved in a staredown with the ucd website waiting for them to cancel exams, meant to have one at 9am tomorrow. I will win this game of chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                              I dunno but I played at home a lot when I was a kid because my dad used to be very into the game. My overriding impression is that it's an easy game the standard of which should be way higher than it is.

I could be talking crap but I think the game should be possible to play close to flawlessly, but that it isn't because the people who play it are depressed, overweight, alcoholic wife beaters with the discipline of a puppy with ADHD.

The board doesn't move, the targets aren't that small. When you consider what those pistol shooting type people in the Olympics do where they keep their hand completely steady and slow their heart rate down hugely to hit a tiny target.

I remember in the 80s when these slobs used to skull pints while playing. That says it all to me. The game should be unplayable imo.
                              What a load of waffle , youve no idea how much practise or dedication these guy's have to put in to play at this level .

Comment

Wanker

Comment

Yep, you are.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                    What a load of waffle , youve no idea how much practise or dedication these guy's have to put in to play at this level .
                                    I also imagine that the average IQ of a darts player is around 90, and there is a correlation between intelligence and hand-eye co-ordination. They are little more than dogs.

Comment

I also imagine that the average IQ of a darts player is around 90, and there is a correlation between intelligence and hand-eye co-ordination. They are little more than dogs.
                                      hotspur i hope you're on a gigantic level here because this, and your other darts post is complete and utter tripe.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                        Sorted.

Flushmaid

Comment

Don't start you cnuts ^^^!

Comment

IPBDC ... IPB darts Championship ... 1st June 2011 obv ... 6 months practice ...

Comment

Hotspur is on a level obv or something happened involving darts when he was a kid.

Comment

LOL,

I once scored 501 with one throw

SPOILER
                                                porcupines FTW

Comment

And let's not forget that there's a correlation between being overweight and fine motor control so no darts player who is overweight can be considered to have the right kind of dedication. No-one is disputing that they spend several hours a day throwing spikes into a board in their local pub.

Comment

2.45 hours journey home Tallaght to Sandford. I do it in 15 mins on a Sunday - least I had newstalk to keep me somewhat sane

Comment

I don't get the Denis Ovens love. Fantastic nickname alright, but one of the most boring matches i ever had the misfortune of tuning in to watch was Denis Ovens v Dennis Smyth. It was worse than getting a tooth pulled!

Comment

Shiraz,photoshoppery and dart player denegration.Does it get ant better then this?

Carry on please.
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

And let's not forget that there's a correlation between being overweight and fine motor control so no darts player who is overweight can be considered to have the right kind of dedication. No-one is disputing that they spend several hours a day throwing spikes into a board in their local pub.
                                                          Ah, have you now. You've been watching the BDO version

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                            Shiraz,photoshoppery and dart player denegration.Does it get ant better then this?

Carry on please.

Comment

I don't get the Denis Ovens love. Fantastic nickname alright, but one of the most boring matches i ever had the misfortune of tuning in to watch was Denis Ovens v Dennis Smyth. It was worse than getting a tooth pulled!
                                                              You'll see in an hour or so imo

Comment

BBV has hit a new low. Darts.

Icarus 3k music post please.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Darts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cricket

Comment

lol love this ref just turns a blind eye to all city's handball appeals

Comment

I think Darts are a lot like poker as in you don't really need to have any natural talent to be great (obv it helps) but I think time spent practicing is probably the number 1 determinant

Comment

Very different in fairness.

Comment

Darts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Cricket
                                                                          Darts isnt a sport though. Thats like comparing Trival Pursuit to Rugby

Comment

great Now the toilets wont flush! 5 yr old pipes up "mam i need to make a poo"
                                                                            Life sucks and no sign of that other fucker!
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Hotspur is being very unfair as for a lot of the players the dartboard is actually moving.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                I think Darts are a lot like poker as in you don't really need to have any natural talent to be great (obv it helps) but I think time spent practicing is probably the number 1 determinant
                                                                                Talent is overrated imo

Comment

Sigh

Comment

3K.Discovered these seventy year old Jamaican dudes today.Hope ye like them as much as I do.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3UhHXPNwGY&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzXn8C2eg0&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                      Lol, Ive got Cahill, Howard and Jagielka. Im with you
                                                                                      Jagielka own goal - you run good

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                        great Now the toilets wont flush! 5 yr old pipes up "mam i need to make a poo"
                                                                                        Life sucks and no sign of that other fucker!

Comment

Could they not have subbed Coleman 6 minutes earlier?

Comment

Hotspur is being very unfair as for a lot of the players the dartboard is actually moving.
                                                                                            And on the rare occasions when they're not drunk half of them start chucking their darts while they are still walking up the the ocky anyway. No setting themselves for these dogs.

Come on Everton, hold ffs.

Comment

Comment

Lads the GFs grandfather seems to be on deaths door. We are stuck in Toronto and as you can imagine the price of flights home in the next 3 days are mental. Will the insurance cover it do ye think?

She is covered up to 2k for curtailment.

I assume this would come under there terms. Is grandfather close enough relation?
                                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                                  Trivial Pursuit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rugby

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                      who else do you have that played and costed more than cahill and has worse form
                                                                                                      Tevez has less points than Cahill

Balls to Jags
                                                                                                      Last edited by ghostface; 20-12-10, 21:48.

Comment

Slanky Wan Kenobi.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIMF View Post
                                                                                                          Can we get a 24 hour ban here, ty.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                            Tevez has less points than Cahill

Balls to Jags

Think it goes to Tevez, i hope not - but think it does

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                              Can we get a 24 hour ban here, ty.
                                                                                                              He's untouchable

Comment

just took down one of the $75 45 mans on Full Tilt for $1170.90..decent christmas pressies to be bought

High 5!!

Comment

3-2 down in the FF cup this week was dreading tonights game being called off - had 2 Everton players (cahill/coleman) against 1 city defender (toure - lol) and 1 Everton player on subs bench (coleman) ... would have been sick to go out on a 3-2 ff score in the 1st round of the cup

Comment

wp'ed everton

Comment

lol citeh

Comment

I remember stumbling across this back when I was doing my access course.

Now I wonder if the professor was Hitchhiker?

Comment

LOL I was 6-5 up in the cup with two players playing tonight. My opponent had none playing. My two players were Toure and Jagielka- puke
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X