Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oul one on Joe Duffy on about buying black market cigs.

Tilting for the most part but she made a couple of interesting points.

Prime time last night claimed scientific tests proved counterfeit cigarettes have three times the carcinogen levels.

That would be enough to frighten me off buying them in fairness.

The oul'one reckons it's made up/spin to dissuade people due to the enormous loss to the exchequer.

Makes sense tbh. Why wouldn't a govt put that out there, who would blame them.

A weird one really, a situation where dishonesty is the best policy.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      This chick Emmet, turns out she likes Dexter and Californication

little NSFW

http://twitter.com/sandeewestgate
      Popular lady. Popular enough for product endorsements. X-Mas sorted.

[NSFW="NSWF"][/NSFW]
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        Yep. If you really want to improve the lives of kids and teenagers, you need to completely change what they see around them marked as 'desirable' by the society as a whole.
        Taking money from pointless college courses, spending it on teaching all under 8's to read/write/count therefore giving said kids some self confidence, would solve (some random number pulled from thin air)% of problems within a generation

No votes in that though as takes more than 4 years to achieve anything

pointless college courses:
        SPOILER
        lot of jobs nowadays you need a piece of paper for that really could be done with on the job training
        ooh and history of art

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
          Can You Please Settle A Bet For Me Please - How Many Goals Would A Career All-Time Peak Strength Emile Heskey Get In A Single Season Playing For Celtic In The Scottish Premiership?
          35+
          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Prime time last night claimed scientific tests proved counterfeit cigarettes have three times the carcinogen levels.

The oul'one reckons it's made up/spin to dissuade people due to the enormous loss to the exchequer.

Those counterfeit cigs would kill ya.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Can You Please Settle A Bet For Me Please - How Many Goals Would A Career All-Time Peak Strength Emile Heskey Get In A Single Season Playing For Celtic In The Scottish Premiership?
              Probably 50. I would score at least 25 playing there.

Scottish football lol

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                LOL, PMSL , LMAO, I just fell off my chair u cunt

Comment

Definitely~ 20 league goals. I'd draw a lot of parallels with John Hartson, never that prolific in the premiership but got 18+ goals in 4/5 seasons in Scotland. Similar build to Heskey which caused a lot of problem to inferior SPL defenses. Heskey had pace back in the day too so he'd have definitely racked up the goals.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Are most black market cigarettes not counter fit though? Most have just been smuggled in.

Comment

The C Kid, I assume you are talking the whole season? i.e. Europe / Scottish Cup / etc?

If you just mean league games, I'd say 20+.
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                        I don't know how many of you were, have seen the Joe Dolan statue in Mullingar, well here is a pick of me nearly 2 years ago with it:

Since then it has been pretty much rocked off it's foundations and got taken away for reinforcement recently.

Today Joe returned to his rightful place at the heart of mullingar:

SPOILER
                        I had a photo of the Joe statue in a blog post I did for a game I played in Mullingar back in April 09, rather strangely the photo disappeared from the blog around the same time as the statue http://nicnicnicnic.blogspot.com/200...mullingar.html

Comment

That Amy21 has to be someone on here winding you up Zod.

Far too clever/witty for your average boards drooler.

12 year old boy comment was top class.

Comment

whats with the spice girls causing anti social behaviour. When I was young the most anti social thing they made me do was spend long periods alone with the internet and a chronic case of dehydration. I think the Spice Girls retirment seems to have increased problems

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                              Those counterfeit cigs would kill ya.
                              I remember running out of cigs years ago and no shop for miles and I smoked some tea leaves.. Needless to say but it was the first and last time i tried that:-)

Comment

Try banana skins, get you off your face I hear(d as a kid).

Comment

That Amy21 has to be someone on here winding you up Zod.

Far too clever/witty for your average boards drooler.

12 year old boy comment was top class.
                                  at the speed denny crane came up with the pic suspicions are rising.....

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                    Are most black market cigarettes not counter fit though? Most have just been smuggled in.
                                    There's a lot smuggled in from Eastern Europe too, genuine cigarettes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                      at the speed denny crane came up with the pic suspicions are rising.....

tinyeye imo
                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Most smokers I know have a contraband (i.e, genuine cigarette) source - usually an Eastern European who brings back a few thousand each trip. Going rate is €45 or €50 for a pack.

Anyone paying €35 or €40 to a traveller family in Balbriggan market must know at some level they are buying counterfeit and have accepted the situation.
                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 30-11-10, 14:36.

Comment

Originally posted by amy21
                                          Originally posted by phantom_lord
                                          Originally posted by amy21
                                          Can you verify me on msn please
                                          sure thing love
                                          amy_21@live.ie

Comment

I'll ask him, he knew the Solsks family alright, not so much Willie as he moved out of Drimnagh in 75.

My dad was Lissadell drive.
                                            I think I remember you saying before Conor your Dad was from Drimnagh not too sure I dont think ive heard Tony's was and obviously I know Willie is from here.

Was gonna ask my Dad would he of known any of you's but we moved here in 81/82 and my Dad is generally terrible with names, still years later he doesnt know some of my mates names have to describe them of what they do for a living.

As for the days when you could have a scrap between Drimnagh/Crumlin long gone as somebody will just get shot, havent really heard/seen anything in the news the last while but as always only a matter of time before something kicks off again.
                                            My dad would have moved out in about 1975 i'd say. He lived a couple of doors up from Paul McGrath's folks

0 outside the box
                                            33 inside the box (17 bundled over the line)

14 with his right foot
                                            12 with his head
                                            4 with his left foot
                                            2 OGs given to him
                                            1 in off his arse

Comment

Sick!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93RkWNK3BZc[/ame]
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                2 minutes
                                                well played
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                  My dad would have moved out in about 1975 i'd say. He lived a couple of doors up from Paul McGrath's folks

0 outside the box
                                                  33 inside the box (17 bundled over the line)

14 with his right foot
                                                  12 with his head
                                                  4 with his left foot
                                                  2 OGs given to him
                                                  1 in off his arse
                                                  My mates nan lived right around there, I think her surname was Pepper/Pepperpot something like that.

Comment

What's going on here?

Comment

Spending next year in China and will probably be sending a few cartons a week home for the brother to sell at a 500% markup, ez game. Will prob throw in a few fake handbags too for good measure. Looking forward to life as a triad smuggler

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7JYw5kQg_Y[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                          What's going on here?
                                                          "she's" sending me pms on boards to add her on msn.

Because people are saying im a fake and i ****en hate being called that, i want you to go on msn and ill go on cam and prove who i am

Comment

I rarely watch the news but last night I caught the headlines:

bong.. economy fuked

bong.. The exchequer is suffering because of smokers who buy contraband fags..

What kind of idiots do they take us for?

Comment

"she's" sending me pms on boards to add her on msn.
                                                              How did she get talking to you? She was onto zod first no?

Comment

Speaking of Opus Dei, it's the favorite in the 3 o'clock @ Southwell.

Comment

Who's the girl that you can see before you hit play there? She's been in something else I've seen I think...

Comment

How did she get talking to you? She was onto zod first no?
                                                                    They are both Lloyd.

Comment

I've recieved a pic, dated today (by file name) which seems to come from a webcam, and looks similar to the other one, but I still don't think it's not a level.

Comment

I've recieved a pic, dated today (by file name) which seems to come from a webcam, and looks similar to the other one, but I still don't think it's not a level.
                                                                        We really need to establish a rule here with these kind of posts
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

My mates nan lived right around there, I think her surname was Pepper/Pepperpot something like that.
                                                                          Saw Mcgrath walking up Brickfields drive (technically Crumlin I believe but in Drimnagh ) with a wee pregnant young girlie in the 80s. Wasn't his missus. We were at the doorstep chatting and roared oh ah Paul Mcgrath, over to him. He just said a gentle 'thanks lads' Often wondered who the chick was. An ex St Pats man so he was, legend. Mates brother played up front. Paddy Dillon (anyone remember him) Keeper road is where the boxing club is where our Olympic medals winners Sutcliffe and Carruth learned their trade.

Comment

Surely she can just go on a webcam live stream to prove its her?
                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              We really need to establish a rule here with these kind of posts
                                                                              +1

Mod ban him if he doesn't post the pic in the next 5 minutes imo.

Comment

+1

Mod ban him if he doesn't post the pic in the next 5 minutes imo.
                                                                                I'll happily share the pic if I can verify it's been posted publically elsewhere.

Comment

I'll happily share the pic if I can verify it's been posted publically elsewhere.
                                                                                  Why in the world would you need to verify that

Comment

you know we could probably find that evidence quicker than you

Comment

post it up. i'll delete it if it's not public already.

Comment

post it up. I will not be able to verify it but I am feeling very nosy and just fancy a look.

Comment

Unlimited space to host images, easy to use image uploader, albums, photo hosting, sharing, dynamic image resizing on web and mobile.

Comment

can't find anything.

Comment

It's DEFINITELY a level unless "she" posts a pic with something with today's date on it or a page with a specific phrase on it.
                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                It's DEFINITELY a level unless "she" posts a pic with something with today's date on it or a page with a specific phrase on it.
                                                                                                which I asked for but has not been supplied.

Comment

This.

Should be trivially easy to sort out tbh.

Fingers crossed it's legit - tell her to forget about the Ladies Lounge and get posting over here!

Comment

Have a moot court coming up soon. Any tips?

Comment

You need to get a pic of her holding some random everyday object to be sure.

I suggest a bunch of bananas

Comment

Have a moot court coming up soon. Any tips?
                                                                                                        Loads. I'm judging one this Friday as it happens
                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Anyone got this book laying around:

Ill prepared sister needs it asap.
                                                                                                          List of places that don't have it in stock is growing.
                                                                                                          freshwap.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, freshwap.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Casarett & Doull's Essentials of Toxicology (Casarett and Doull's Essentials of Toxicology)
                                                                                                          http://rapidshare.com/files/235050283/0071389148.

I don't have/use/have knowledge of rapidshare. Is it possible to tell if that is genuine?
                                                                                                          Could someone grab and ship the file to me? Winning streak scratch card in it ya.

Comment

I've better software at home to prove this but imo, those are two different people.
                                                                                                            I'll get to the bottom of this eventually

Comment

my first reaction last night when i saw the prime time show was GTFO, definetly a govt. set up @7euros a pack going into the govt. coffers it is a major loss of revenue. if this revenue was of no interest to the govt and was costing more in healthcare( which they clearly don't give a fuck about anyhow) than it nets in revenue then they could anytime up the price of a pack of cigs by 10euros to make them just 2 bloody expensive. instead they put them up by 10 and 20p at a time and when we had the good years and the populas could afford a bit more they jumped by 50cents a time.

also @daire be carefull sending home ciggies as the customs are just 2 well aware of whats going on with internet shopping of ciggs. the scam atm is to open the carton and sandwich the ciggs between 2 sheets of cardboard and put books down as the description.
                                                                                                              however if i were you i would just fill five 20ft containers and ship to different ports around the country at least 3or 4 will get through. you have to stop thinking small and with the current shipping rate of containers you would be mad not to go this route

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

http://www.freshwap.net/forums/e-boo...oxicology.html

http://rapidshare.com/files/235050283/0071389148.

I don't have/use/have knowledge of rapidshare. Is it possible to tell if that is genuine?
                                                                                                                Could someone grab and ship the file to me? Winning streak scratch card in it ya.
                                                                                                                The RS link is dead I'm afraid.

Comment

Thanks Keano.

Comment

'FU Gods' list:
                                                                                                                    1. Poker gods
                                                                                                                    2. Weather gods
                                                                                                                    3. TBC
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Thanks Keano.
                                                                                                                      If you find it anywhere else I'll get it for you anyway...

Comment

But they've got Ahmad Smith.

Comment

If you find it anywhere else I'll get it for you anyway...
                                                                                                                          Seems all the links are dead.
                                                                                                                          Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X