haven't read the material yet but I'll take C as it's the preachiest option
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
      Lol - right on cue to prove my point!
      He is easily owned, I believe in you Keano

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
        @ hotspur: You might get four or five like that per section but they'll usually add in a lot of two parters to make you think.

The worst part for me is the accounting as it's boring. For example, learning about the treatment of deferred tax liabilities and assets. Then having to know the difference between US GAAP treatment and IFRS treatment for both and be able to compare them.

Here's a good example of an ethics exam question (last one I promise ):

Quan Yang has terminated her professional relationship with Ten Peller Investments
        (TPI) and has started her own hedge fund . Ms. Yang clearly served as an
        independent contractor for TPI (working from her home) and had no agreement with
        the firm with regard to solicitation of TPI clients or retention of client information.
        After leaving TPI, Ms. Yang called several TPI clients using the contact information
        sent to her by TPI and saved on her home computer. According to the Standards and
        Practice, which of the following statements best summarized Ms. Yang’s duties to
        TPI?

A. Since Ms. Yang was an independent contractor, not an employee, she is not
        subject to the “Duties to Employers” section of the Standards of Practice.
        B. Ms. Yang is subject to all of the provisions of the “Duties to Employers” but like
        an employee is free to use the client contact information after leaving the firm.
        C. Ms. Yang violated the standards by not erasing all client contact information from
        her home computer when the relationship was terminated.
        D. Ms. Yang got sacked becuase she didn't put out.
        One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Originally posted by 40something View Post
          D. Ms. Yang got sacked becuase she didn't put out.
          E - Yang changed gender, became a fervent Christian and won the WSOP

true story
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            haven't read the material yet but I'll take C as it's the preachiest option
            Even after reading the material I would've thought C too but it's A. I robbed that one from that forum I linked you too and there was plenty of LvII candidates getting that one wrong.

It's a good example of a question with more than one plausible answer.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
              Not too sure about that tbh. Fair enough it has happened this year with Fennell (?) in Dublin but there are loads of examples of it happening over the years.

Paul Curran made a big money family based move at one stage and I doubt his club wanted him to go.
              I wasn't particularly talking about big name senior inter county stars. This happens all the time at lower levels too. If the club blocks your transfer there is basically fook all you can do with it. Usually you here if you play one more year, then you can move no problem. I'm from Tallaght and there was generally no movement allowed between the local clubs on the pretence of players should play for thier parish team. Never mind if your parish team was a Junior club and you wanted to play Intermediate/Senior level

Comment

ALL HAIL

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anyone for a 6max cash game. Sign up Here
                  http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=6045

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                      I wasn't particularly talking about big name senior inter county stars. This happens all the time at lower levels too. If the club blocks your transfer there is basically fook all you can do with it. Usually you here if you play one more year, then you can move no problem. I'm from Tallaght and there was generally no movement allowed between the local clubs on the pretence of players should play for thier parish team. Never mind if your parish team was a Junior club and you wanted to play Intermediate/Senior level
                      Just on the last point - I hate when players want to leave for a senior club. It's that kind of mentality that has them there in the first place. It's just so damaging too smaller clubs

Comment

€7 feeder in 6 minutes into the €82.50 feeder tonight which has 4 tickets guaranteed on PPP

Only 2 players reg,d. Needs 6 to run. Surely a few of you want in!

Edit : 2 mins to go, still only 2 players in sigh
                        Double Edit : Fuck it, jumped ship into the €16.50 rebuy with 1 x €275 ticket gtd
                        Last edited by Flushdraw; 19-10-10, 15:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          €7 feeder in 6 minutes into the €82.50 feeder tonight which has 4 tickets guaranteed on PPP

Only 2 players reg,d. Needs 6 to run. Surely a few of you want in!

2 mins to go, still only 2 players in sigh
                          Im in, dont think its gona run tho

Comment

Tech guys help..

Obviously with Mr FD full time and both of playing the pokers etc we have the conflict of not being able to play some things like the old BCOOP and any big tourneys like the stakes one he was staking people for as he was playing himself as well as we both on the same connection.

Is there something we can do that would allow us to play on the same site safely? I never fire up boyles if he playing on it and the same with stars. Even though we don't play the same stakes I get paranoid about two laptops getting used on the same address.

Years ago I used to have a trial of a program called adwatch, I think it masked my ip address. I don't think the exact product is there now.

Would something like this help us? I don't really play as much poker these days because of the internet problem.

Comment

should have thought of that before ye shacked up together IMO
                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                don't forget that Rooney has been playing non-stop since the age of 16, has serious character issues, doesn't have the ideal physiology for an athlete and is on a downward trajectory in form that has lasted a lot longer than the usual definition of a 'blip'

United should be delighted if they can get 70m for him, I doubt if he'll be playing football in 3 years
                                Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                Lucky to get 40M after today, he wants out his price goes down.
                                Try 10-15m tbh
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                  Just on the last point - I hate when players want to leave for a senior club. It's that kind of mentality that has them there in the first place. It's just so damaging too smaller clubs
                                  What now???? So Play Junior 9 in Dublin for your entire career or go play senior football to better yourself? 1-2 players will not get a junior club to Inter standard in Dublin

Comment

Mrs FD, what about using a net dongle, or dial up for the secondary connection?
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                      Try 10-15m tbh
                                      I thought it was interesting Fergie mentioning Saturday's game when the fans started chanting Rooney and claiming it had an affect on the players?

I'm guessing we won't see him in a United shirt again.
                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

LCS grand final could do with more feeders!.. theyre are only two 16e feeder with only 1hr spaced in between them 5/6pm. Also what is the invitational sat does anyone know?.

Comment

Great.Just plugged an extra stick of RAM into the desktop and now its bleeping like crazy and my monitors wont start.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                            Great.Just plugged an extra stick of RAM into the desktop and now its bleeping like crazy and my monitors wont start.
                                            you didnt put in in right.
                                            Or, have completley fucked your machine but putting in the wrong type.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                              LCS grand final could do with more feeders!.. theyre are only two 16e feeder with only 1hr spaced in between them 5/6pm. Also what is the invitational sat does anyone know?.
                                              I jumped into the €16.5 game when i saw 6 runners. Just the 7 of us now with 1 ticket. Shame for me that 1 of the other 6 includes 72over

2 guys are complete fish tho but 72over getting the better of them and minding my chips

Edit 3 guys are fish after a crazy A7 hand!

Comment

Couple of upcoming movies

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwv7kT9P0mg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DybE_cNHJP8[/ame]

But WTF to this???

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2-hiHUh4UQ[/ame]
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                  Tech guys help..

Obviously with Mr FD full time and both of playing the pokers etc we have the conflict of not being able to play some things like the old BCOOP and any big tourneys like the stakes one he was staking people for as he was playing himself as well as we both on the same connection.

Is there something we can do that would allow us to play on the same site safely? I never fire up boyles if he playing on it and the same with stars. Even though we don't play the same stakes I get paranoid about two laptops getting used on the same address.

Years ago I used to have a trial of a program called adwatch, I think it masked my ip address. I don't think the exact product is there now.

Would something like this help us? I don't really play as much poker these days because of the internet problem.

while IP masking programs are available, or VPN connections to a remote machine (better option), you'd be better off using a €20 a month dongle for ease of mind.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                    I thought it was interesting Fergie mentioning Saturday's game when the fans started chanting Rooney and claiming it had an affect on the players?

I'm guessing we won't see him in a United shirt again.
                                                    Yeah was interesting alright, that + the story of him being stretchered from training this morning leads me to think that the players knew all about what was going on and aren't happy about it.

On the other side I think most players would understand where he's coming from. I've always said that a football career is a very short and fragile thing, and I don't see why it's any different to any other job. If the main competitor to my company offered me twice as much money to move there I'd be gone in a shot. In fact I've done it 3 times so far

Keane is right in saying that if the club was done with you, you'd be gone without too much fanfare. Players have to look out for number 1, and while it may not be the best idea to go around stating that you want to "be here for life" etc etc, we've all had moments where we've spoken in haste and repented at leisure.

It's obviously hugely disappointing as a fan, but more because what it represents for the club rather than losing a player as such. If he goes I genuinely hope he does well wherever he ends up, as long as it's not at Uniteds expense.
                                                    Last edited by Iago; 19-10-10, 16:45.
                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Is there something we can do that would allow us to play on the same site safely? I never fire up boyles if he playing on it and the same with stars. Even though we don't play the same stakes I get paranoid about two laptops getting used on the same address..
                                                      I don't think the both of you playing on Stars is a problem, is it? I often play at the same time as one of my housemates, we both log onto Stars and on occasion has been at the same table in the same tournament (cue frantically moving our laptops around so neither of us can see what the other player is holding!) and have never been contacted by Stars. Obviously if we were colluding we'd get caught but I don't think they care if you're both on the same connection and it is not affecting your play.

Comment

What a strike from Zhirkov.

Comment

Screamer from Zhirkov!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            while IP masking programs are available, or VPN connections to a remote machine (better option), you'd be better off using a €20 a month dongle for ease of mind.
                                                            Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                            I don't think the both of you playing on Stars is a problem, is it? I often play at the same time as one of my housemates, we both log onto Stars and on occasion has been at the same table in the same tournament (cue frantically moving our laptops around so neither of us can see what the other player is holding!) and have never been contacted by Stars. Obviously if we were colluding we'd get caught but I don't think they care if you're both on the same connection and it is not affecting your play.
                                                            We don't play the same stakes or games so it shouldn't be a problem. The only foreseeable problem is if theres an IPBCOOP on stars, then we've be playing the same games but these are MTTs so i don't think that bothers stars too much. We'd never be in the same cash games or STTs on ipoker

Comment

We don't play the same stakes or games so it shouldn't be a problem. The only foreseeable problem is if theres an IPBCOOP on stars, then we've be playing the same games but these are MTTs so i don't think that bothers stars too much. We'd never be in the same cash games or STTs on ipoker
                                                              Id say seeing as ye are avoiding playing at the same time get in touch with them and tell them
                                                              Christ even tell them ye met through cards and the Mrs is playing less now because of the IP thing

lots of players live in same houses/play the same sites with little or no problem
                                                              tell them, id imagine Stars would be well cool for a start and the lads at PP and Boyles would know ye through here so that should help

as for colluding, id imagine they cannot check up on the misses screaming "fold that hand or GTFO" from the next room
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 19-10-10, 17:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                Mrs FD, what about using a net dongle, or dial up for the secondary connection?
                                                                We had a trial for an O2 dongle. Where we are doesn't get a great signal from any internet provider tbh. And the position of the main eircom point for dial up is in the other sitting room and I would be stuck in a corner playing unless I got a huge wire and brought it through which isn't ideal with 3 kids running about.

As explained to Zuroph...

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                As Tony said, it is only the BCOOP type games that would affect us on stars. We don't play much on stars really and most of my $$$ are on boyles which is where he plays a lot.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Comment

A certain mobile/home broadband provider are using Femtocells to boost carrier signal in areas such as yours. It creates a bubble of signal strength for subscribers numbers
                                                                  It's being trialled at the minute.
                                                                  Or so I've heard.....

Comment

A certain mobile/home broadband provider are using Femtocells to boost carrier signal in areas such as yours. It creates a bubble of signal strength for subscribers numbers
                                                                    It's being trialled at the minute.
                                                                    Or so I've heard.....
                                                                    Care to be a little less mysterious?
                                                                    Maybe by PM?
                                                                    My own signal is driving me crackers out here in the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                      Couple of upcoming movies

For more info on 'The Fighter' visit: http://www.hollywood.com

If you want some background into Christian Bale's character then watch this doc (he's one of the three addicts followed in the film). Pretty grim for the most part but also has some lol moments.

Comment

This is pretty awesome!

Some guys built a Formula One racing simulator that’s like a lower-cost, home version of the CyberMotion Simulator. To more closely simulate driving a real F1 car, the seat tilts far back when accelerating (to mimic G-forces), tips forward when decelerating and braking, and bucks when shifting gears in the game.
                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5qMPPJUipE[/ame]
                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Tech guys help..

So long as you are both playing different stakes/tables/tourneys and not attempting to clear the same promotions there should be no problems.
                                                                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I jumped into the €16.5 game when i saw 6 runners. Just the 7 of us now with 1 ticket. Shame for me that 1 of the other 6 includes 72over

2 guys are complete fish tho but 72over getting the better of them and minding my chips

Edit 3 guys are fish after a crazy A7 hand!
                                                                            You weren't lying. GG, gl in the final. Will have another few spins at it and hope that you're not on my immediate left if I do get in!
                                                                            It's all an illusion

Comment

On my way to the first student game this year...gonna crush some souls
                                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by 72over View Post
                                                                                You weren't lying. GG, gl in the final. Will have another few spins at it and hope that you're not on my immediate left if I do get in!
                                                                                I've appeared at your table quite a few times over the last couple of weeks and i think it's the first time i've managed to have direct position on you! Knew 1 of us should get the ticket because it was worth putting the €50 in because the other lads were pretty poor. Just incase you wondering about these 2 hands we played together

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 80/160 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t7340)
                                                                                SB (t8060)
                                                                                BB (t3230)
                                                                                UTG (t11186)
                                                                                Hero (MP) (t14969)
                                                                                CO (t3215)

Hero's M: 62.37

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5, 6
                                                                                UTG bets t400, Hero raises t995, 4 folds, UTG calls t595

Flop: (t2230) K, 4, A (2 players)
                                                                                UTG checks, Hero bets t1320, UTG calls t1320

Turn: (t4870) 10 (2 players)
                                                                                UTG checks, Hero bets t3330, 1 fold

Total pot: t4870

Results:
                                                                                Hero had 5, 6.
                                                                                Outcome: Hero won t4870

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 125/250 Blinds (4 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t4660)
                                                                                SB (t4511)
                                                                                BB (t12355)
                                                                                Hero (UTG) (t26474)

Hero's M: 70.60

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7, 7
                                                                                Hero bets t605, 1 fold, SB calls t480, BB calls t355

Flop: (t1815) 7, 10, 3 (3 players)
                                                                                SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets t795, 1 fold, BB raises t2100, Hero calls t1305

Turn: (t6015) 10 (2 players)
                                                                                BB bets t2880, Hero raises t11250, 1 fold

Total pot: t11775

Results:
                                                                                Hero had 7, 7.
                                                                                Outcome: Hero won t11875

Comment

Off to my mates house for a monster session of PES. Just got the option file sorted too.

There's gonna be about 6 of us and I know that half of them have taken tomorrow off work. Could be a long long night. Obligatory World Cup attempt with Ireland guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                    On my way to the first student game this year...gonna crush some souls
                                                                                    are you in DCU?? Id actually forgotten this was on might head over now

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                      The movements of the simulator bare little or no relation to the game he is playing. I mean it is tilting up to 30 degrees or so because he is accelerating...

It's more like trying to play a computer game while riding a rodeo bull.
                                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 19-10-10, 18:37.
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

On the rooney thing, I wouldn't necessarily feel sorry for him. He is set for life. He probably hasn't handled his personal problems very well which has affected him on the pitch. In his current form he's not worth very much at all. This could all blow over if he gets some form back and a nice run of goals. I wouldn't panic over it just yet.

Comment

you didnt put in in right.
                                                                                          Or, have completley fucked your machine but putting in the wrong type.
                                                                                          nah it was in there before. Now the beeping has stopped, the fan is going mental, but still no sign of life from the monitors.

Edit: had 1.5 gigs in there. Took one out when the machine was blue screening like crazy. Put it back in there today. The above happened. Took out the other 500mb there now and its booting up with 1gb in it. Weird. Are the slots with black clips the same as those with white?
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 19-10-10, 18:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                            The movements of simulator bare little or no relation to the game he is playing. I mean it is tilting up to 30 degrees or so because he is accelerating...

It's more like trying to play a computer game while riding a rodeo bull.
                                                                                            its tiltiing up to simulate gforce, and down to simulate braking. when the eyes are fixed on the screen, which is moving too, this is a fairly good way of faking those sensations for the human body, and its how most simulators work.
                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

its tiltiing up to simulate gforce, and down to simulate braking. when the eyes are fixed on the screen, which is moving too, this is a fairly good way of faking those sensations for the human body, and its how most simulators work.
                                                                                              Ok, I see. But a car wouldn't actually lift to a 30 degree angle so I find it kind of stupid, it would just annoy the fuck out of me. It's not simulating fuck all imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                                Care to be a little less mysterious?
                                                                                                Maybe by PM?
                                                                                                My own signal is driving me crackers out here in the sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  nah it was in there before. Now the beeping has stopped, the fan is going mental, but still no sign of life from the monitors.

Edit: had 1.5 gigs in there. Took one out when the machine was blue screening like crazy. Put it back in there today. The above happened. Took out the other 500mb there now and its booting up with 1gb in it. Weird. Are the slots with black clips the same as those with white?

try this
                                                                                                  Upgrade your system storage with our range of solid state drives. Find prices, specs and customer reviews to help choose the best device for you.

it'll let you know what your system can handle.
                                                                                                  It's possible that the black and white clips are one for onboard memory???
                                                                                                  I'd kinda need to see it to be sure.
                                                                                                  the BIOS beeps are generally a bad thing, frying your mobo is a possibility

Comment

Arsenal will score 4 tonight

Comment

Ok, I see. But a car wouldn't actually lift to a 30 degree angle so I find it kind of stupid, it would just annoy the fuck out of me. It's not simulating fuck all imo.
                                                                                                      when you hit accelerate, what happens to your balance? the balance system in your ears, the liquid or whatever, gets pushed back and that is the sensation you feel. If you're tilted back, the liquid hits the exact same spot, same sensation. It's fairly accurate. It should be played in a pitch black room really to make it more realistic for you, focus all your attention on the screen etc.
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

how do you delete temporary internet files?
                                                                                                          and will this delete the notes that i have made on players

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

What about Rooney going to Bayern Munich?

They're a club in the up, he should fit in there, and the press and fans won't give him any hassle compared to being in Italy, England or Spain. A few years where he just plays soccer and has less of the distractions off the pitch would do him wonders. Plus there is none of the politics involved that there could be if he goes to Madrid or city.

Comment

Whats this liquid they speak of

Comment

Gerry Armstrong on Ronaldo goal - Sometimes you need someone to take a shot in the face....

lol 2-0!

Comment

when you hit accelerate, what happens to your balance? the balance system in your ears, the liquid or whatever, gets pushed back and that is the sensation you feel. If you're tilted back, the liquid hits the exact same spot, same sensation. It's fairly accurate. It should be played in a pitch black room really to make it more realistic for you, focus all your attention on the screen etc.
                                                                                                                  You don't tilt to 30 - 45 degrees though.
                                                                                                                  It's like sticking your hands in the freezer because it simulates touching an iceberg, actually, it's worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                    how do you delete temporary internet files?
                                                                                                                    and will this delete the notes that i have made on players
                                                                                                                    ccleaner.com will cover a multitude of sins
                                                                                                                    and no it wont delete your player notes

Comment

its not about the tilting. its about tricking your ears into experiencing the same sensation.
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Lottie is taking the simulator thing too seriously imo.

Comment

Just heard from a reliable source that Rooney is desperate to join Juventus in January, after hearing that the "old lady" was keen on making him an "offer".

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X