Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets say i back serbia to win world cup at 69/1 what is there likely price to win if they get through the group stage?
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
      Lets say i back serbia to win world cup at 69/1 what is there likely price to win if they get through the group stage?
      around 33s to 40s imo

Comment

Leinster match was best game of rugby in the Magner's League this season.

Had it all

Full Time

Leinster 37 Edinburgh 28

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
          running good for a change in the ftoops
          got blinded down to about 20 bbs and pushed over an utg raiser and bttn caller obviously my 1010 was no good against the utg raisers 77

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

around 33s to 40s imo
            I'll back at 40's please.
            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
              I'll back at 40's please.

no thanks tommy, im afaid of laying such a big price in case they luckbox their way to the trophy ala greece
              Last edited by Hornswaggl; 09-05-10, 19:25.

Comment

Anyone see any value on the USA at 75/1 doing it each way with about a tenner. Normally I'd laugh myself at them. But with a good show at the conf.cup and not to much of a tricky draw I think them getting to the finals is doable?

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                  got blinded down to about 20 bbs and pushed over an utg raiser and bttn caller obviously my 1010 was no good against the utg raisers 77
                  im up to nearly 30k in ftoop 7

Comment

Anyone got a link or any ideas when it comes to home coffee making machines? Looking to spend about 200-300 euro?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                      Anyone got a link or any ideas when it comes to home coffee making machines? Looking to spend about 200-300 euro?
                      Pretty sure one of the Z's is a coffee expert, Zuroph or zuutroy. Spoke about thoughts of opening their own place up before. I'm sure they'll be able to sort you.

Comment

Yea Zuutroy is. I rooted a link up to Ebay Machine that he once told me he was getting but thats ages ago. The page is German ebay so I'm not sure what i'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                          For home use you really don't need to spend that much. You'd get something very decent for ~100 in Power City. I bought one for my parents for Christmas and it makes excellent coffee.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 09-05-10, 19:50.
                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                Are you from Athboy? Used to live there when I was younger. Gl giving up the pokies-if you feel it is infringing upon what you really want to do then prob a good way to go. Saying that if you enjoy it on some level defo allow yourself to indulge-be it a once a week freezeout or whatever. It may not have to be all or nothing. Your post was very well written-wp!
                                yeah Iv lived on Athboy most of my life - Im renting in dublin now but I still come home 3 times a week for GAA

I generally like writing - although I find it difficult to find a medium to express it through so I just choose self loathing and pity - I think its an area where most poker players can relate to

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                  yeah Iv lived on Athboy most of my life - Im renting in dublin now but I still come home 3 times a week for GAA

I generally like writing - although I find it difficult to find a medium to express it through so I just choose self loathing and pity - I think its an area where most poker players can relate to
                                  scoop the fitz eom this year and your a winning poker player over the last 5 years

On a serious note though will be hard going to the events around the country without playing - but wish ya luck - if only we could go back to the dcu days

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                    That basket tree is cool!

Was going to suggest this aswell. Also the modern classics like Life of Pi and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night. These latter two just couldn't fail to reignite an interest in reading. Probably Curious Incident as the first one to read imo....
                                    I didn't see the big deal with Life of Pi, thought it was pretty dull and the twist was clichéd and obvious. There was a bit of a discussion in the boards literature forum about it where some much more articulate posters than myself argued about it after I expressed this view.The plot of the book was stolen off a Brazilian author too, supposedly. Major +1 for the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo books though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                      scoop the fitz eom this year and your a winning poker player over the last 5 years

On a serious note though will be hard going to the events around the country without playing - but wish ya luck - if only we could go back to the dcu days
                                      ah they were the days - or making the big trip down to DIT to take on Llyod and the lads

ah to be honest the poker is probably the least enjoyable bit of the festivals - Im going to wreck waterford and Kilarney this year - Im just going down under the pretence of doing updates . however if someone wants to starts up a game of mythical or Big 2 for pints I may be interested...

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                        Yeah I was looking at that thread yesterday. It's just i've gone through so many i don't want to pay a ridic mark up. Kinda looking at something like this, or this.
                                        Got aviators, first thing I do with them is leave them behind in someone's house.

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                          Major +1 for the Girl with the Dragon Tatoo books though.
                                          The first 50 pages of the first book are bad, dreadfully bad, ridiculously bad. Cannot emphasize enough how turgid they are.
                                          But the rest of the first book and the second are fantastic (i'm saving the 3rd for the beach).

But I know a few people who stop after a few chapters of the first book and decide its not for them.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            The first 50 pages of the first book are bad, dreadfully bad, ridiculously bad. Cannot emphasize enough how turgid they are.
                                            But the rest of the first book and the second are fantastic (i'm saving the 3rd for the beach).

But I know a few people who stop after a few chapters of the first book and decide its not for them.
                                            I wouldn't be as harsh as that, but yeah the first one doesn't get off to a great start. I'm only halfway through the second at the minute so I can't comment on the third either but so far they're just really enjoyable books with no pretension about them at all.

If your gf likes romancey kinda books then she might enjoy The Great Gatsby too, to add to the list of recommendations .

Comment

sighaments

Full Tilt, $5 + $1 NL Hold'em Tournament, 20/40 Blinds, 9 Players
                                              LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

SB: 2,115
                                              BB: 1,580
                                              UTG: 645
                                              Hero (UTG+1): 2,610
                                              UTG+2: 2,260
                                              MP1: 1,805
                                              MP2: 1,420
                                              CO: 2,395
                                              BTN: 2,660

Pre-Flop: (60) 4 4 dealt to Hero (UTG+1)
                                              UTG raises to 120, Hero calls 120, 6 folds, BB calls 80

Flop: (380) 8 T 4 (3 Players)
                                              BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

Turn: (380) 9 (3 Players)
                                              BB bets 380, UTG folds, Hero calls 380

River: (1,140) 9 (2 Players)
                                              BB bets 600, Hero raises to 1,200, BB calls 480 and is All-In

Results: 3,300 Pot
                                              BB showed 8 8 and WON 3,300 (+1,760 NET)
                                              Hero showed 4 4 and LOST (-1,580 NET)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                This would be a good bet imo, Serbia are value.

Comment

Keep it goin to fook Westwood! I backed him at 22/1 on Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                    Keep it goin to fook Westwood! I backed him at 22/1 on Thursday
                                                    Cue the westwood blowup
                                                    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Wow, Kick Ass http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1250777/, kicked ass

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhB6I_fKhGY[/ame]
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Black Hawk Down on RTE 2. Really good film....

Comment

abuse the bubble time in the ftsoop 7

Comment

If your gf likes romancey kinda books then she might enjoy The Great Gatsby too, to add to the list of recommendations .
                                                            Anyone who can read should enjoy The Great Gatsby, it's a fantastic novel.
                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                              Black Hawk Down on RTE 2. Really good film....
                                                              The cast alone is insane.

Great film too.

Comment

Westwood is past the post. It's one thing to expect him to falter against the likes of Tiger and Phil, but against the likes of Allenby and Clark he is a proper force. This final round is like the final round of all those Euro events he beats up on.
                                                                Last edited by The C Kid; 09-05-10, 20:56.

Comment

God iam so good at poker

Full Tilt, NL Hold'em Tournament, 500/1,000 Blinds, 125 Ante, 9 Players
                                                                  LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

MP2: 24,385
                                                                  CO: 8,254
                                                                  BTN: 26,688
                                                                  SB: 74,729
                                                                  Hero (BB): 12,925
                                                                  UTG: 64,955
                                                                  UTG+1: 38,394
                                                                  UTG+2: 40,549
                                                                  MP1: 35,771

Pre-Flop: (2,625) A Q dealt to Hero (BB)
                                                                  6 folds, BTN raises to 3,850, SB folds, Hero raises to 12,800 and is All-In, BTN calls 8,950

Flop: (27,225) 9 J Q (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Turn: (27,225) 6 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (27,225) 2 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 27,225 Pot
                                                                  BTN showed K A and LOST (-12,800 NET)
                                                                  Hero showed A Q and WON 27,225 (+15,425 NET)

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                    Westwood is past the post. It's one thing to expect him to falter against the likes of Tiger and Phil, but against the likes of Allenby and Clark he is a proper force. This final round is like the final round of all those Euro events he beats up on.
                                                                    Clark loves the finish stretch though. Westwood needs to sink some putts

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                      Clark loves the finish stretch though. Westwood needs to sink some putts

Clark will find a way to lay up on 17, don't worry.

Comment

Three well known bad finishers in front, I'm expecting Crane or Glover to get their groove on. Something mad is going to happen. I'd love if Timmy Clark held on, would be epic.
                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Oh and an epic finish to the night in WW/Mafia
                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

eagle_eye your gonna look a bit silly if i have recieved most votes and die a civilian..after saying your "certain"
                                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

does strewel peter have enough fingers and toes for an accurate count lol

any links for the golf
                                                                              I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.. Tom Waits

I have been told if i see some trouble to call 911, I think it's quicker to call 3 Fifty 7 .....RL Burnside

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                Anyone see any value on the USA at 75/1 doing it each way with about a tenner. Normally I'd laugh myself at them. But with a good show at the conf.cup and not to much of a tricky draw I think them getting to the finals is doable?
                                                                                Definitely worth a tenner each way imo...
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What does E/W mean? Semi-finals?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                                    eagle_eye your gonna look a bit silly if i have recieved most votes and die a civilian..after saying your "certain"
                                                                                    Some basic rules of the game brian, 1) don't edit posts in the thread. You did again today 2) don't carry on posting after the thread is locked in another thread ffs
                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Thanks.

I mean crazier things have happened

Comment

TommyGunne: just get her some good classic novels. The Great Gatsby is a good shout for sure, but stuff like:

will surely appeal to a presumably bright 22 year old female looking for something to enjoy now that exams are over.
                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                                          What does E/W mean? Semi-finals?
                                                                                          Yup

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                            He'd be better off to use it as toilet paper, at least he'd get some use out of it that way.

Comment

no thanks tommy, im afaid of laying such a big price in case they luckbox their way to the trophy ala greece
                                                                                              Was more making the point that 40s were too big. It should be more along the lines of 34/1, to be a little precise.

I wouldn't be as harsh as that, but yeah the first one doesn't get off to a great start. I'm only halfway through the second at the minute so I can't comment on the third either but so far they're just really enjoyable books with no pretension about them at all.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Really like The Life of Pi, and have it at home so EZ game. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo sounds like its along the right lines too. I'll give her The Great Gatsby too, but it won't be one of the first ones.

EDIT: And thanks Lloyd
                                                                                              Last edited by TommyGunne; 09-05-10, 21:57.
                                                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

There's a guy from portugal at one of my tables on stars and his avatar is a pic of a child that's the spitting image of my son.I mean it's freaky, they could be twins.

So I call my wife over to have a look and I get the response "Ask him his name, I might know him".

Perhaps you had to be there, but it was funny at the time anyway.
                                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                  He'd be better off to use it as toilet paper, at least he'd get some use out of it that way.
                                                                                                  US have a very well organised, fit, tactically astute and disciplined squad. They have no drama within the set up and everyone is pulling in the same direction going into the tournament.

Look at the favourites: Spain have injuries all over the place, Brazil are very very beatable (the US would have beaten them in the ConFed only for a choke I doubt you'll see again), Italy have a complete moron in charge, France could barely beat us, Argentina are managed by a total lunatic, Germany are a spent force (insert never write them off cliche) and England have all sorts of headaches in their squad selection, not one of them positive really. (Ledley "One game a fortnight max" King has played more games this season than Rio Ferdinand).

This is a scenario very similar to the one that saw Greece win the Euros a few years back. I don't think you should be so quick to write the US off.
                                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I just bubbled the IPO on boyles. Won 1/3 of the entry back.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                      US have a very well organised, fit, tactically astute and disciplined squad. They have no drama within the set up and everyone is pulling in the same direction going into the tournament.

Look at the favourites: Spain have injuries all over the place, Brazil are very very beatable (the US would have beaten them in the ConFed only for a choke I doubt you'll see again), Italy have a complete moron in charge, France could barely beat us, Argentina are managed by a total lunatic, Germany are a spent force (insert never write them off cliche) and England have all sorts of headaches in their squad selection, not one of them positive really. (Ledley "One game a fortnight max" King has played more games this season than Rio Ferdinand).

This is a scenario very similar to the one that saw Greece win the Euros a few years back. I don't think you should be so quick to write the US off.
                                                                                                      Exactly what I was thinking but you were just far less lazy then me to type it up.

And I did say E/W

Comment

I just bubbled the IPO on boyles. Won 1/3 of the entry back.

I was the dope who finished 4th.

Comment

I presume this is a typo and you mean France?

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking but you were just far less lazy then me to type it up.

And I did say E/W
                                                                                                            Plus we are talking about the nation that gave us Eddie Pope and Brian McBride, 2 of my all time favourite football players.

Comment

Clark looking a lock now....

Comment

Four games in 14 days, and he's also better than Ferdinand and Terry. Capello is getting really lucky with Terry and Ferdinand's form. King is a truly world-world class defender.

Comment

Bookies are paying top 6 places for an each way bet. I know wht happens if a few tie for 6th. But does it matter if a good few tie for 4th. does its affect the place?? I have a friend sweating on Davis Love @ 125/1

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                                                                    I was the dope who finished 4th.
                                                                                                                    Some of the play was so bad. I just went card dead in the end.

Ah well I will give it another crack soon.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                      lol

Comment

This is horrendous from Westwood, jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                                          I presume this is a typo and you mean France?
                                                                                                                          Nope, I mean Marcello Lippi. I know he has won a World Cup but his selection criteria seems to be 1) Did you play for me in the last world cup? 2) Are you over 30? 3) Can I exclude a great younger player for you? If answer to all 3 is yes then you're in the Italian squad.

Italy will get a right kicking at this World Cup if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X