Van Morrison and The Caledonia Soul Orchestra c.1974
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxjMyFB_QXw[/ame]
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwDTAIXC9nA[/ame]
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0DIYsZ3bOE[/ame]

Ian Dury and the Blockheads featuring Wilko Johnson c.1980
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlZ1KLkKh0g[/ame]

Robert Johnson c.1936
        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd60nI4sa9A[/ame]
        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 10-09-10, 14:15.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Headline: Bruce Springsteen.

He has never needed support acts before, so I'm not gonna tell him he needs them now!

Comment

2nd support.- Flaming Lips
            1st support. - White Stripes
            Headline. - Radiohead

Comment

Headline: Outkast
              1st Support : Explosions in the Sky
              2nd Support : Sammy Davis Junior

Be a weird crowd as that

Comment

Also wouldn't mind seeing this guy warm up the crowd.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3hBYTkI-sE[/ame]
                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

1st Support :- Europe
                  2nd Support :- Queen

Main Act :- Elvis

Hopefully with Freddie and Elvis dueting at some stage

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                    Ship the interview for a junior risk analyst position next Thursday! ONE TIME!!

Any of you guys in the know got any tips for me?
                    Is that credit risk? I worked as a risk analyst for a while. PM me if you want.

Comment

Looking for Leather recline/Lazy boy type chair

I'm on the look out for a comfortable recliner or lazy boy type chair, preferably black leather.

Something similiar to this one in the Dublin area for about the same price.

Anyone got one/know of any?
                      You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

I'm flying Virgin premium economy to China next week which apparently features 'laptop power' in the seat, but they say you need to buy some sort of inverter to get it to work with your laptop, and the one they try to flog costs £55! Can anyone point me to a non rip off version that would work?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          I'm flying Virgin premium economy to China next week which apparently features 'laptop power' in the seat, but they say you need to buy some sort of inverter to get it to work with your laptop, and the one they try to flog costs £55! Can anyone point me to a non rip off version that would work?
                          It depends what type of power is running on the flight

Once you find out what type Virgin runs, I'm sure there are cheaper options out there
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                            well if there's the interest I can do it.

Take Blackburn as an example (27th November)

- Flights into East Midlands on Friday night, returning to Dublin on Sunday afternoon
                            - Minibus from/to the airport to a B&B in Worksop
                            - Supporters club Coach from Worksop to Manchester on Saturday
                            - 2 nights accommodation (2 to a room)
                            - Breakfast included on the Saturday & Sunday
                            - Match Ticket

would probably come in at around €200 a head or so if we booked it fairly quickly.

The B&B is about 90 minutes from both the airport & manchester. The supporters coach is great craic heading down to the game, they sell stella & strongbow on the coach for £1.50 each. Time flies in to be honest.

Worksop itself is relatively quiet, but it has a decent snooker hall where you can have a pint and something to eat while playing, so we'll be able to engage in some degenerate killers betting. There are 2 nightclubs, and a dozen pubs within stumbling distance of the B&B and at least 2 really good eateries, one Indian & one Thai. There's also the option of getting a mini-bus to Sheffield which isn't a million miles away if you want a more adventurous night out.

As far as drinking goes, the B&B doesn't have a liquor licence so he can't sell alcohol but he'll happily sort you with beer, cider or wine for the weekend and we normally leave an envelope behind with a contribution by way of thanks.

I can also arrange something in Manchester itself but both the flights & accommodation would be far more costly when United are at home.
                            Just checking if there's interest in this? I'm going anyway but if there's a group here that wants to go I can get extra tickets/accommodation as posted above.

I'm looking to book flights for it next week at some stage, and will need a deposit from anyone interested at that point (to cover flights) so if you're interested thank this post and I'll send a PM out before moving forward with it.
                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Almighty BBV

If one was looking to start out on a road of medium - long term investment choices for a relatively significant amount of money, where would be the best place to begin to educate oneself before making any decisions?

If anyone with ongoing experience would like to drop me a PM with even a rough outline I'd be grateful!
                              bump!!!

outside of taking the lazy route of just copying Pocketdooz has anyone any suggestions on the above?

Comment

Bit of a pain. Even Aer Lingus can manage a system where you just plug the damn thing in!

Comment

All Knowing BBV, Chamakh or Berbatov for the weekend?

Comment

10 Places for My Money - 2010 - up 25.1%

Still hammering the DJIA / S&P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Places for my money, starting now for the full year 2010 (Figures in Bold were the prices at the beginning of 2010)

1. Fresenius Medical Care (FME) - 37.50 - up 18.7% to 44.53

2. Aegis Group (AGS) - 1.17 - up 0.9% to 1.18

3. Virgin Media (VMED) - 17.12 - up 26.8% to 21.71

4. Harris and Harris (TINY) - 4.52 - down 7.5% to 4.18

5. MDC Partners (MDCA) - 8.35 - up 55.2% to 12.96

6. Publicis Groupe (PUB) - 28.67 - up 22.6% to 35.16

7. Liberty Global International (LBTYA) - 22.02 - up 32.4% to 29.16

8. Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) - 4.19 - up 16.9% to 4.90

9. Marriott International (MAR) - 27.71 - up 27.8% to 35.41

10. British Sky Broadcasting (BSY) - 5.66 - up 26.6% to 7.17

Total Portfolio increase from January 1st 2010 to September 9th 2010 was 25.1% (up 15% to June 1st)

Compares to a change of 0.0% for the DJIA and a drop of 2.6% for the S&P.

€10,000 invested at the start of 2009 in the ten stocks picked then and transferred into the ten picked at the start of 2010 would now be worth €17,518.

Vs. €11,980 for an investment in the DJIA and €12,019.

No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                      do you have either at the moment?

If not then Chamakh is the way to go

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

do you have either at the moment?

If not then Chamakh is the way to go
                                          umm, disastrous start. Wildcard has been waved angrily in the face of the FPL

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                            Do you mind me asking where? Pm me if guys rather not say out loud and tell me to gtfo if you'd rather not say at all!!
                                            PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                              Chamakh for me. Arsenal have an easier run of fixtures and RVP is injured yet again so is a defo starter.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                Where can I buy a US=> Ireland plug adaptor in Town/Southside?
                                                Argus.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO5ysmjLlaw[/ame]
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    Sent her a nomination anyway, suppose we may as well all send her an email?

EDIT: she just got back and said 'got that, thanks'; which presume means emailing her is the way forward.
                                                    Nice one, I think it is free to enter for that category.
                                                    The eircom Spiders 2010 are looking for your favourite online community website which has maintained your interest, enhanced your knowledge, opened up new communication avenues and had the biggest impact on your life.

This category is based on nominations from the online community. Nominations can be made free of charge.
                                                    It also says:
                                                    A shortlist will be compiled by the judges and announced in October.

The winner will be decided by the highest number of votes in the poll in November.
                                                    So I'd say the more nominations we put in the more chance we have of getting nominated. That'd be pretty amazing to be nominated. Then buy about 5 tables and have a right auld IPB piss up!!

as posted above, here's the how to nominate someone, so get going people!!
                                                    Then send in your nomination to orla@eircomspiders.ie *

Comment

Comment

2nd Support - Spice Girls
                                                        1st Support - Boyzone
                                                        Headline - Jedward

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                          2nd Support - Spice Girls
                                                          1st Support - Boyzone
                                                          Headline - Jedward
                                                          Ban please

Comment

^^^ 150,000 posts since January has got to make us one of the bigger Irish forums surely?

Do you have the ability on this vbulletin to put a community message in each subforum like they do on boards.ie when they want goldenspider nominations? Just because not everyone will read the BBV.
                                                            Yeah, but it's there for the PPP thing ATM. I was thinking we'd be better to use that for getting votes once we get the nomination and hope that the BBV regs can get us enough nominations to get on the list...

I highly doubt we'll get nominated, but fup it, might as well try... what a year it'd be if we were nominated. It'd be class to be at the event and get a table near the boards one

They'll obviously win it, but the nomination itself would be pretty amazing I must say!!

Comment

Just put a message on my Facebook page about this.
                                                              How about you put one on the IPB page too?

Comment

Some spanner posting like his life depended on it - scorpio771

Comment

See somebody's trying to do a CHD and get his name on all the recent posts on the front page. Mmmeeeehhh!

Imitation... Still the sincerest form of flattery imo.

(he hadn't counted on WW by the looks of it)
                                                                  Last edited by Bless You; 10-09-10, 16:23. Reason: Hyzepher- fastest finger first.

Comment

Comment

Yeah, it would be fairly amazing!

I was just thinking in my email to Orla this morning that should have given a reason for the nomination as she probably won't be aware of the forum. Something along the lines of 1,300 members, 150,000 posts, 3,300 threads, and all since January with a strong upward trend.

Maybe also something about how the forum came about, and real-life community involvement i.e. football tournaments, poker tournaments, etc etc. Just to give her a bit of background really.

But maybe yourself or someone else could give her that info if you think it would be useful.
                                                                      I asked her in my email should I do just that. A quick paragraph or something.
                                                                      She hasn't replied yet.

Comment

we just need 4chan to support us imo

Comment

Mods : Any chance of stopping this scorpio fool

Comment

sent in my request to Orla.
                                                                            I also included a picture of LLoyd to get her juices running and increase out chances
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                              Mods : Any chance of stopping this scorpio fool
                                                                              Done.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                sent in my request to Orla.
                                                                                I also included a picture of LLoyd to get her juices running and increase out chances
                                                                                I think a picture of Dom would have worked better , LLoyd's pic would be more inclined to frighten her.

Comment

I think a picture of Dom would have worked better , LLoyd's pic would be more inclined to frighten her.
                                                                                  how did you get on in the Tourney?

Comment

You could be the face of IPB Damo.

What a thought that is.

Comment

Just checking if there's interest in this? I'm going anyway but if there's a group here that wants to go I can get extra tickets/accommodation as posted above.

I'm looking to book flights for it next week at some stage, and will need a deposit from anyone interested at that point (to cover flights) so if you're interested thank this post and I'll send a PM out before moving forward with it.
                                                                                      If there was a crowd going I'd be well up for this...

Comment

Yeah, it would be fairly amazing!

I was just thinking in my email to Orla this morning that should have given a reason for the nomination as she probably won't be aware of the forum. Something along the lines of 1,300 members, 150,000 posts, 3,300 threads, and all since January with a strong upward trend.

Maybe also something about how the forum came about, and real-life community involvement i.e. football tournaments, poker tournaments, etc etc. Just to give her a bit of background really.

But maybe yourself or someone else could give her that info if you think it would be useful.
                                                                                        Yeah, I nominated the site too and asked her if she'd like an explanation for it and she hasn't come back to me yet...

But yeah those are the kinds of stats to tell her about alright, but also mention the View count on the BBV, 1.2m is savage! The Boards.ie #5 all time viewed thread has 1.27m so it just shows how amazing this thread is. The old BBV is also 2m views ahead of anything else on boards...

Comment

I never realised that; that means in a few months we'll have a thread with more views than any of the threads on boards other than the old bbv. Pretty impressive for a new site imo.

Comment

Just reading the Wiki page on Kay Burley and it mentioned an incident she was involved in.

Article by the daily mail:

TV presenter Kay Burley pinned a rival against a wall after tensions exploded when photographers clamoured to get a shot of supermodel Naomi arriving at court.

Article by the sun:

Comment

Submitted final forms in order to extend my visa. One time and all that

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                how did you get on in the Tourney?
                                                                                                Busted last nite Tony . Couple of sick coolers early on .
                                                                                                9T in the BB with 4 limpers, flop is AT9 vs villains A9
                                                                                                77 on a flop of T97, villain has 99
                                                                                                AQ on a Q73 flop , villain has 33.

That put me back to 7k , Im suprised i didnt go bust on any of them hands . i got back up to 16k by the dinner break and climbed up to 20k just after the break . Then this strange hand happen's.
                                                                                                I raise utg with KK and get raised from the btn so i rr and he flats , flop 668 bet/call , turn 2 bet/raise/ i call , river 3 , i chk and villain shoves i tank call , villain has 33. Nice hand sir

My exit hand was in keeping with how i was running . 150/300 Im sb (4k) with AhTh , the raise comes from the cut off so i flat , flop Ts Jh 2h . I chk shove and he snaps with KK , turn is a Q and the river misses all 10 million of my outs .

Bit dissapointing but i still enjoyed it all the same . I might give the ss a go nxt wed for the short handed event. Apart from that im looking forward to the IPO and i will try 1 or 2 live sats for killarney.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  You could be the face of IPB Damo.

What a thought that is.
                                                                                                  Thank you , I accept your kind offer .
                                                                                                  Just let me know the time and place for the photo shoot .

Comment

Thank you , I accept your kind offer .
                                                                                                    Just let me know the time and place for the photo shoot .
                                                                                                    Don't forget the well too. UL man they are some sick coolers.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRjY6x0YuQY[/ame]

Comment

Just to keep Ldog happy (in more ways than one!)

SPOILER

Comment

Someone seriously injured in the Edinburgh munster rugby match. I think it's their argentinian prop. Hope he is ok.

Comment

i emailed orla just now to nominate this place

i also attached a note informing her of my intriging underpants and that she was welcome to come and inspect them any time

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                              Someone seriously injured in the Edinburgh munster rugby match. I think it's their argentinian prop. Hope he is ok.
                                                                                                              pity its as gaelige
                                                                                                              i haven't a clue what they are saying

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Ship - just got hold of a HTC DESIRE

Comment

The 46a is the busiest bus route in Dublin or Ireland. You won't be able to forget that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Bus_(No._46A)

Comment

Busted out of the UKIPT with about 120 left,10 mins before the dinner break with the blinds at 1000-2000.
                                                                                                                    Started day2 with just over 14K after gettin my Aces cracked late last night.

Played really solid all day,and grafted my way backup to 70K at one stage around 3pm.(taking 3/4's of Tony Cas's stack on the way!)

Then for reasons still unknown to myself i had a fucking donkey-spazzattack and donated my 50K stack to a greatfull recipient in a Munster top.

Im too tilted to go into the detais right now but it was an utterly retarted play when all i had to do was sit tight and wait for a better spot.

It was my first big live tourney and ordinarily id be happy enough to have made it that far but to self destruct in the way i did is driving me crazy

FML i am going on the beer.

-Pretty sure there was at least one other IPBer on the table too add to my shame!!

Comment

Kinda weird that on the PokerStars blog they say last night that there was 601 runners and now today there is only 590?
                                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        Kinda weird that on the PokerStars blog they say last night that there was 601 runners and now today there is only 590?
                                                                                                                        It said 608 on the screens yday im fairly sure

Comment

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                                                                                          Still hammering the DJIA / S&P

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10 Places for my money, starting now for the full year 2010 (Figures in Bold were the prices at the beginning of 2010)

1. Fresenius Medical Care (FME) - 37.50 - up 18.7% to 44.53

2. Aegis Group (AGS) - 1.17 - up 0.9% to 1.18

3. Virgin Media (VMED) - 17.12 - up 26.8% to 21.71

4. Harris and Harris (TINY) - 4.52 - down 7.5% to 4.18

5. MDC Partners (MDCA) - 8.35 - up 55.2% to 12.96

6. Publicis Groupe (PUB) - 28.67 - up 22.6% to 35.16

7. Liberty Global International (LBTYA) - 22.02 - up 32.4% to 29.16

8. Daily Mail and General Trust (DMGT) - 4.19 - up 16.9% to 4.90

9. Marriott International (MAR) - 27.71 - up 27.8% to 35.41

10. British Sky Broadcasting (BSY) - 5.66 - up 26.6% to 7.17

Total Portfolio increase from January 1st 2010 to September 9th 2010 was 25.1% (up 15% to June 1st)

Compares to a change of 0.0% for the DJIA and a drop of 2.6% for the S&P.

€10,000 invested at the start of 2009 in the ten stocks picked then and transferred into the ten picked at the start of 2010 would now be worth €17,518.

Vs. €11,980 for an investment in the DJIA and €12,019.

.
                                                                                                                          How do I get you to manage my pension Eoin?
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X