Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just came 2nd in my favourite tournie, the $22 NL Omaha on Stars for a tasty $505 and am 18/18 in the $11 Daily Forty Grand, almost seven hours in (7118 runners); I'm at push and fold stage but want to use my one time over the next hour, then maybe again in the UKIPT later this week

Lol, the BBV curse is stronger than ever, get KK first hand after I posted, called an all-in from a player whose 95s beat my TT earlier and this time his AT hit a straight on the turn when I hit trips! $177.95 more in the kitty at least...
    Last edited by ionapaul; 07-09-10, 01:03.

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
      Lucky the longest running weekly episodic television show is still on LIVE in 3 minutes.
      Forgot all about it until I read that post!

Comment

Fed looking very good so far, but a few occasional lapses on serve he needs to cut out

Comment

One day I will win HU in a online tourny.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
            Fed looking very good so far, but a few occasional lapses on serve he needs to cut out
            Yeah. I think we are going to get the dream Nadal Federer final.
            I think Soderling is the biggest threat to it. Fed owns Djokovic.

Comment

just watching the first episode of mad men again. lol at salvatore's introduction

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Funkymonk View Post
                Labour Day in the states
                Guess this means we can't wear white now.

------

ffs, you think you've finally caught a break - only to have it cruelly snatched away right under your nose...

(Back story: I started a thread a few years ago called I like cake! in an all but abandoned forum called 'Cake & Pie' which was re-homed recently and is no longer abandoned.
                The thread had pictures of cool and unusual cakes.)

Yesterday, I got a pm:

Originally posted by Wedding person
                I've seen your posts and pictures of your cakes and I wonder would you be willing to make
                a wedding cake? Have you any experience?
                Originally posted by Rigger
                Flour, milk, eggs, sugar, butter - it can't be brain surgery.

I've mostly stuck to those packet mixes - add water and an egg type - brownies mostly - always turn out very well truth be told.

It'd be madness to turn down a bit of work with things how they are at the moment, I'll give it a lash, when's the big day?
                Originally posted by Wedding Person
                Hi Rigger,
                It turns out we've found someone to do it professionally for a very reasonable price. Sorry about that.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Barcelona Hotel

Any recommendations for a decent hotel in Barcelona? Just staying a few days, doing the usual tourist things, so anything central would be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                    Guess this means we can't wear white now.

------

ffs, you think you've finally caught a break - only to have it cruelly snatched away right under your nose...

(Back story: I started a thread a few years ago called I like cake! in an all but abandoned forum called 'Cake & Pie' which was re-homed recently and is no longer abandoned.
                    The thread had pictures of cool and unusual cakes.)

Yesterday, I got a pm:

This xkcd one would have been good
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Irish person's genetic code sequenced for the first time

Anybody else think this is just a publicity stunt based on bad science (just three generations) and a modicum of racism?
                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

The RTE website's sport section regularly has some funny headlines and I am now 100% sure that there is someone in there doing them on purpose.

Yesterday: "Rooney available to play away from home"
                        Today: "Djokovic batters Fish in Flushing Meadows"

I really love the rte website.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

BBV help needed please! I'm helping to organise a charity sports day and was wondering if anyone has any contacts with the likes of Lucozade/Powerade/Volvic etc? Basically looking for someone to provide a hundred bottles or so of drink for some goodie bags and maybe have a stand selling stuff on the day. Also any other suggestions for stuff to stick in the goodie bags would be great.

Actually if anyone has ever organised an event like this could you let me know as I'd like to bounce some ideas of people who know what they are talking about. Thanks guys.
                          "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Did the poker study group forum go ahead in the end? If so who do I need to talk to about access? I'm starting back playing from next week and will need all the help I can get!
                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              Irish person's genetic code sequenced for the first time

Anybody else think this is just a publicity stunt based on bad science (just three generations) and a modicum of racism?
                              Urm, no. I don't think you quite realise just how vast the amount of data in a single person's genome is.

It's definitely a young field and these guys really don't have a clue what the vast majority of the information they're collecting actually means. However, every little piece of consistency and inconsistency they can identify as they gather and analyse the ridiculous amounts of data involved moves us closer to truly understanding human genetics.

As for racism, if someone's a good example of an Irish person then they are someone who is likely to have lots of genes in common with the rest of the population. It's fact. How can facts be racist?
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                Now that is indeed awesome. I always thought that red M&M came across like a prag.
                                Took me a second to cop on but well played
                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                  Play MW2 online like the guys said, it's savage but prepare to put almost everybody on mute and leave your brain at the door.

If you are going to play xbox live, fifa and left 4 dead 2 are my other faves. L4D2 playing as the zombies is about as much fun as you can have on the xbox imo.
                                  I might DL Left4dead2 today on xbox,are you around? Or anyone around for Reddead Redemption?
                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                    Urm, no. I don't think you quite realise just how vast the amount of data in a single person's genome is.

It's definitely a young field and these guys really don't have a clue what the vast majority of the information they're collecting actually means. However, every little piece of consistency and inconsistency they can identify as they gather and analyse the ridiculous amounts of data involved moves us closer to truly understanding human genetics.

As for racism, if someone's a good example of an Irish person then they are someone who is likely to have lots of genes in common with the rest of the population. It's fact. How can facts be racist?
                                    It's all about how you define an Irish person. The 'Irish' who consider themselves Irish today are a mix of English, Scottish, Spanish, French etc who in turn are a mix of German, Italian, North African etc etc.

I would guess that if you picked two ramndom Irish people who can trace their 'Irishness' back three generations and identified the differences in their genetic map you would probably find as many genetic variants as they did comparing the so called 'Irish genome' with the reference genome.

Couching the story as they do reinforces a nationalistic perspective.

Comment

News just in Higgins & manager admitted to match fixing

Comment

Higgins admits he is guilty.
                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                          Higgins admits he is guilty.
                                          Have you a link?

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                            Have you a link?
                                            Link

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                              Exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Comment

here
                                                  Beware that its a Murdoch owned source.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Over-reaction maybe.
                                                    They've admitted that the NOTW story is true, but have not admitted match fixing. Ipso facto, I think its the 'we were in fear of our lives' defence.

Getting this from a variety of bulletin boards, so tis hard to piece together exactly whats happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                      The RTE website's sport section regularly has some funny headlines and I am now 100% sure that there is someone in there doing them on purpose.

Yesterday: "Rooney available to play away from home"
                                                      Today: "Djokovic batters Fish in Flushing Meadows"

I really love the rte website.
                                                      It is someone doing it on purpose.

Comment

David Haye to fight Audley Harrison. Press conference is just finished, it was pretty funny. Haye: 'He's gonna get twatted'.

Comment

Yeah I heard the news breaking on the Pat Kenny show. No one else is going with it yet it seems.

Comment

Sky Sports News have taken down that story now.

Possibly another branch of the Murdoch empire that Higgins can sue if he turns out to be clean, unlikely as it seems.

Comment

What's the IPB rule/consensus on mp3 peer to peer sharing?

Comment

Bah. Jumped on the train to Cork and fired up the laptop only to discover tethering isn't enabled on my iPhone 4. 3" Internet for the next few hours!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                  Bah. Jumped on the train to Cork and fired up the laptop only to discover tethering isn't enabled on my iPhone 4. 3" Internet for the next few hours!
                                                                  Can't you just enable it?

Comment

so when it comes to house insurance where else would you go only to the bbv

house insurance up this year to 650 sobs compared to 450 last year
                                                                    anyone renew their house insurance lately and get a good deal??
                                                                    or anyone find one company better than another?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

do they not have internet on the train?

if anyone was sharp enough last sunday you would have seen that J.J. Kavanagh's bus dropping of the killkenny hurling team at croke park was advertising free wireless internet on board.

thought this was pretty cool tbh, and am surprised that they do not offer a similar service on the trains

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Houll let the clarets out.... Houll......Houll.................Houll..Houll

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                          I might DL Left4dead2 today on xbox,are you around? Or anyone around for Reddead Redemption?
                                                                          I gave a lend of red dead to my cousin a couple of weeks back so I'll be getting it back soon. I wouldn't bother dl'ing l4d2 tbh, head in to game/gamestop and you might pick up a cheaper used copy. It is a quality game. If you are up for a game of it fifa/mw2 or RDR add me - gamertag: coillcam.

Comment

Get a proper phone

Comment

I gave a lend of red dead to my cousin a couple of weeks back so I'll be getting it back soon. I wouldn't bother dl'ing l4d2 tbh, head in to game/gamestop and you might pick up a cheaper used copy. It is a quality game. If you are up for a game of it fifa/mw2 or RDR add me - gamertag: coillcam.
                                                                              It's not available to DL so will have to go to Gamestop,I played the demo just now and it's pretty good.Multiplayer co-op would be a good craic I'd say.

I have to renew my membership but thats no problem,I'll send you a friend thingy.

EDIT:Sent.
                                                                              Last edited by Icarus152; 07-09-10, 11:54.

Comment

What's the IPB rule/consensus on mp3 peer to peer sharing?
                                                                                Ok I'll just ask:

Anybody got any working links to either Fight Like Apes album?

Comment

I have to tell this story to the bbv while I think of it...

A couple of weeks the girlfriend was in Cork visiting relatives.
                                                                                  Her Aunt tells her a story about a guy who is a friend of one her cousins.

This friend is a door to door salesperson, I dunno what he sells - take your pick.
                                                                                  He was in a guy's house closing a sale, the man was leafing through the contract prior to signing it.

Our hero the sales guy notices a picture on the mantelpiece of the man with his arm slung around Rory McIlroy so he makes some idle chit chat...

Sales guy: I see you've met McIlroy.

Man (confused): What?

Sales guy: Rory McIlroy, the golfer (pointing at photo), I see you've met him.

Man (angry, bewildered): ...That's my wife.

Turns out it was some photo of them from donkey's years ago.
                                                                                  I don't think the sale was finalised.
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Advice needed:

I never turned up for work yesterday and never called in sick. I have work today and i really have no excuse for not turning up.

I need a good excuse. I was going to go with I didn't think i had work yesterday and thats why i didn't turn up or ring in sick. thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                      Advice needed:

I never turned up for work yesterday and never called in sick. I have work today and i really have no excuse for not turning up.

I need a good excuse. I was going to go with I didn't think i had work yesterday and thats why i didn't turn up or ring in sick. thoughts?
                                                                                      Say you were celebrating a great victory, and you assumed the office/shop/site was closed for the day.

(you are from tipp, right? If not this might not work...)

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                                                                        A couple of weeks the girlfriend was in Cork visiting relatives.
                                                                                        Her Aunt tells her a story about a guy who is a friend of one her cousins.

This friend is a door to door salesperson, I dunno what he sells - take your pick.
                                                                                        He was in a guy's house closing a sale, the man was leafing through the contract prior to signing it.

Our hero the sales guy notices a picture on the mantelpiece of the man with his arm slung around Rory McIlroy so he makes some idle chit chat...

Sales guy: I see you've met McIlroy.

Man (confused): What?

Sales guy: Rory McIlroy, the golfer (pointing at photo), I see you've met him.

Man (angry, bewildered): ...That's my wife.

Turns out it was some photo of them from donkey's years ago.
                                                                                        I don't think the sale was finalised.
                                                                                        reminded me of this story

A man answers his door late at night to see it is the Police.

The policeman holds up a photo and says "Excuse me sir, is this your wife?"

"Why yes it is" said the man

"I'm afraid it looks like she has been in a very bad car accident" said the policeman

"I know" the man replied, "but she has a lovely personality...."

Comment

Advice needed:

Pretend like you were in and challenge anyone who says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                            Pretend like you were in and challenge anyone who says otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                              Say you were celebrating a great victory, and you assumed the office/shop/site was closed for the day.

(you are from tipp, right? If not this might not work...)
                                                                                              I am from tipp but im working in Limerick so that def wont work!

Comment

Advice needed:

Tell them you were the test subject for the Irish genome project.

Comment

Advice needed:

Tell them you lost your father yesterday morning and the last thing on your mind was ringing in sick.

Then when they ask why your in today tell them you found him last night

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                    It's not available to DL so will have to go to Gamestop,I played the demo just now and it's pretty good.Multiplayer co-op would be a good craic I'd say.

I have to renew my membership but thats no problem,I'll send you a friend thingy.

EDIT:Sent.
                                                                                                    Sound, what's your gamertag? The brother shares the account and may have already accepted and I may miss it.

Comment

Ask them "What you gunna do bout it?!"

Comment

In that case, depending on what your boss is like I would just apologise and say it won't happen again. I'd say that is better than fabricating some bullshit excuse, as it's obvious you were boozing after the all Ireland win.

Comment

Ok I'll just ask:

Anybody got any working links to either Fight Like Apes album?
                                                                                                          There are mythical spawn of the aunts and uncles of the omnipotent powers that be who may be able to elaborate.

Comment

I am from tipp but im working in Limerick so that def wont work!
                                                                                                            just tell them your sorry and got a little carried away that your county won the All Ireland.

honesty and all that

Comment

There are mythical spawn of the aunts and uncles of the omnipotent powers that be who may be able to elaborate.
                                                                                                              That'a about as helpful as my link from earlier

Comment

For anyone like me who couldnt make EP, The National are playing the Olympia on December 2nd with extra dates for the 3rd and 4th when that sells out :-) Ticket on sale Friday

Music news, reviews, interviews and more from the definitive brand of quality journalism. Read The Irish Times.

Comment

Eamon O Brien given the boot as Meath manager. On the face it may seem harsh but I think it was the correct decision

Comment

That'a about as helpful as my link from earlier
                                                                                                                    Just dl soulseek and you'll get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                      just tell them your sorry and got a little carried away that your county won the All Ireland.

honesty and all that
                                                                                                                      no no no don't go with the honesty route it will back fire

say you and your mate were walking home from the pub early sunday evening after the match as ye were worried about work on monday, when suddenly an alien spaceship appeared overhead and beamed the two of ye up...... and you spent most of yesterday being forced to have sex with beautifull women while the aliens observed and they relentlessly probed your mate in another room and he is not quite the same after it , but you felt ok to come to work today

Comment

Sound, what's your gamertag? The brother shares the account and may have already accepted and I may miss it.
                                                                                                                        The same,Icarus152.I'm off to buy it now,damn,I have an addictive personality.

Comment

gonna go with the honest approach. Really not looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X