Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
      Re Last night:
      It kinda cuts both ways, giving out that the rock and roll act is late and you have to get up in the morning is nearly as bad as said rock band flouncing off due to plastic bottles.
      As an aside, what did anyone think would happen if you threw a bottle at a band like GnR?
      Idiots all round imo
      Fuck that, I've been to dozens of bigger gigs with bigger bands and never had to put up with that sort of shite from an artist; they fully deserved the constant booing, if not the plastic bottles. We all know that Axl is a cock but after last night G'n'R are dead to me, fuck 'em. The people who started cheering when the band finally decided to grace us with their presence deserve a plastic bottling too!

Comment

A song one of the lads wrote about another one of the lads so funny worth a listen

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG35bIy6j14[/ame]
        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

90 mins late on my second last day, reeking of booze again.

Still managed to have my entire day's work finished before lunch

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
            Fuck that, I've been to dozens of bigger gigs with bigger bands and never had to put up with that sort of shite from an artist; they fully deserved the constant booing, if not the plastic bottles. We all know that Axl is a cock but after last night G'n'R are dead to me, fuck 'em. The people who started cheering when the band finally decided to grace us with their presence deserve a plastic bottling too!
            I was pissed off that it took them so long to come on, but as soon as they were on I forgot about it.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
              Thanks lads.

I didn't mean it to sound like a bleeding heart post at all(no pun intended)

It's all a bit weird is all.

By the time we headed out to the doctors she was feeling 100%, the whole episode lasted no longer than 20 minutes.

My initial response because of the symptoms was a heart attack but after it dissapated so quicky I was relaxed again. The docs leading questions had me a little freaked though.

I'm hoping/presuming it's a precautionary thing. She's feeling fine now, just waiting on the blood test results.
              To put your mind at ease this sounds like angina - chest pains resulting from a tightening of the hearts capillaries and can be caused by something as simple as over exertion or stress. (It is possible that it can be caused by other things but its unlikely given your wifes age and lifestyle - thats why the docs are checking her out just to make sure)

If it happens again just get her to sit down and give her some Aspirin (disprin) and the pain should go away

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                A song one of the lads wrote about another one of the lads so funny worth a listen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG35bIy6j14
                Gonna be serious egg on their faces when he tops himself...
                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Ah the boards.ie changing of publishing rules becomes clear.

At least our BBV ramblings are safe here!
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG35bIy6j14
                    Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                    Gonna be serious egg on their faces when he tops himself...
                    Maybe you need to know the people involved but on the surface there's a really deep ugliness and nastiness to that. If that was someone I cared about they were taunting and it was even possible they were bothered by it that immature prick would in deep shit.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley-Ball View Post
                      stolen from that other place but it seems we are unlikely to recieve a fefund which is hardly surprising.

GUNS N ROSES: STATEMENT ISSUED BY PROMOTERS MCD AND THE MANAGEMENT OF THE O2
                      News last updated: 02-09-2010

back to news

Statement issued by Promoters MCD & the management of The O2 regarding the Guns N' Roses concert at The 02, Dublin, Wednesday 1st September 2010.

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

During the second song Axl requested members of crowd who were throwing plastic glass's containing unknown substances to immediately stop or he would have no option but to leave the stage. He confirmed band's wish to perform stating "we want to stay..one more bottle and we go home". Despite his continued appeals, having tried to continue performing for 22 minutes,
                      people continued throwing unknown substances leaving artist with no choice but to leave the stage.

From the stage MCD Promoter Denis Desmond again appealed to audience to refrain from throwing items and stated that the band would be back on stage shortly.

The artist was prevented from leaving the venue by the Promoter and following backstage discussions Guns N' Roses went back on stage at 23.20 hrs and performed their full set until 00.53 hrs.

While the artist has a long history for being late on stage (Slane 1992 - crowd waiting 2 hours and last weekend's UK Reading festival), NO artist should be subjected to missiles and unknown substances being thrown at them. However, despite this the band went back on stage after people stopped throwing items performing their full set of songs in full.

MCD and The 02 wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to late running of the show.
                      Are O2 licensed to run that late? I really doubt it so might be worth an idea to email and threaten to kick up a fuss over it. Chances are it won't do much good though.

P.S this is how you bottle a band

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL1dvdGoOvk[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWvvF95ju9k&feature=related[/ame]
                      Last edited by Teddie; 02-09-10, 12:31.

Comment

On the religion front. Girl that I know here in dallas, perfectly sane nd very level headed and rational. She posted a link to a blog on her facebook. every single post on it is similar to this one this is just the most recent one. Religion and god play such a huge part in life here,everyone from guys on the rugby team doing coke nd hookers during the week to the girls that go to christian/baptist college its all about god and missing church is not an option.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010
                        When I have it all figured out...
                        The reason why I named this blog "Give Me a Revelation" was two-fold: 1) after the song by Third Day and 2) because God gives us revelations to help us live our lives in a more Godly way and I feel we must share with one another. I had a revelation today...

I was talking to a sweet friend of mine and she made the comment "when I have it all figured out". For some reason that phrase just stuck with me and made me think. Are we really going to have it all figured out? If so, how in the world will that ever happen?

Honestly, though, I don't think anyone of us will have it all figured out. We weren't created for that to be the case. We were created to worship our Heavenly Father and be dependent on Him. Yes, we have free will and we live "independent" lives, but when people stray from the Lord, from the examples I have seen, they don't experience the same joy in life that followers do.

The moment we think we have it all figured out (and I am speaking from experience) something changes. Whether it is a life transition, a shift in a relationship, switching of environments. God has a great sense of humor and He challenges us in many ways so that we may grow in our relationship with Him. I am guilty of the thought, "oh well when ____ happens, I will be happy" Yet time and time again, I am so wrong. The times I have been the happiest are when I am in our Heavenly Father's will living the life He has called me to, focusing on the present and not worrying about what will happen in the future. This is a lot easier said than done, but it something I strive to do everyday. To keep everything in perspective, and to remember why I am here, to love my neighbors (whether they love me or not).

"Now listen, you who say, 'Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money' Why, do you not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:13-14

We are a mist that appears...talk about cutting to the core of human pride. We want to be important, we want to be the ones to have it all figured out, we want to compare ourselves to others. That is not the life we are suppose to live...Satan wants to have that hold over us. To make us feel that we are incompetent, unable to be "successful" when really, worldly success doesn't even hold a candle to the life God wants us to live.

Just a thought...and believe me, I definitely don't have it all figured out at all. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          To put your mind at ease this sounds like angina - chest pains resulting from a tightening of the hearts capillaries and can be caused by something as simple as over exertion or stress. (It is possible that it can be caused by other things but its unlikely given your wifes age and lifestyle - thats why the docs are checking her out just to make sure)

If it happens again just get her to sit down and give her some Aspirin (disprin) and the pain should go away

She's still in hospital now. She's been through loads of various tests through the night, thankfully all clear.

They won't let her out until they've done a 'stress test', think it involves monitoring her heart while on a treadmill?

The doc told me this morning that if she passes that then she probably had some sort of a muscle spasm.

Will have to wait until later before the heart stuff can be ruled out. The poor thing's wrecked she just wants to come home and got to bed!

Fingers crossed!
                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

It's not exactly rock n roll if it goes smoothly
                            Throwing shit at the stage is puerile and was the cause of the band walking off.
                            He gave warnings, played on, then left as shit was still being thrown.
                            As I earlier said, complaining about a rock star appearing late as you have to get up early in the morning seems rather redundent to me.
                            You are at a rock gig, worries about the next morning shouldnt apply. Then behaving like medivial peasents at the village stocks when the band arrives makes it worse.
                            I'm not sticking up for GnR btw (I was a big fan but no Slash, no GnR for me)
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You Could Be Mine, from my vantage point last night:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpuvl1xycRE[/ame]

Comment

I didn't throw anything but I can honestly sympathise with those who threw empty plastic bottles up on stage to show their anger - it wasn't as though people started throwing knives at the band! The fact that no-one, not Axl, not his new band of mercenaries, not anyone from the O2, not anyone from MCD, acknowledged the delays or paused to say 'we're sorry, but we're here now and we're gonna rock!' sent the right-thinking people in the crowd over the edge when the band finally took to the stage. I can't understand how some people didn't boo in the circumstances we found ourselves in last night, I honestly can't! Most people in the crowd (again, due to lack of any info coming from those in authority) assumed that the usual gig curfew was in effect so we'd only hear half a set from the band due to the late start, that is what upset people, not the thought of staying up past their bedtimes. MCD only thought to address the crowd AFTER the band had walked off and after the crowd had fully turned on Axl; Dermot Desmond was probably too busy counting the pennies in the back to give a shit until it became clear what a farce the gig had turned into.

Anyhow, I heard that MCD are not going to refund us so I guess I have to look into the small claims court, I didn't get what I paid for IMHO.

Comment

Lol
                                  "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                    Are O2 licensed to run that late? I really doubt it so might be worth an idea to email and threaten to kick up a fuss over it. Chances are it won't do much good though.

P.S this is how you bottle a band

50 Cent getting bottled off at Reading Festival in 2004.For the record; Some people seem to be under the illusion that 50 Cent being bottled off was some sor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWvvF...eature=related
                                    What did Fiddy do to deserve the bottling?

Comment

It's not exactly rock n roll if it goes smoothly
                                      Throwing shit at the stage is puerile and was the cause of the band walking off.
                                      He gave warnings, played on, then left as shit was still being thrown.
                                      As I earlier said, complaining about a rock star appearing late as you have to get up early in the morning seems rather redundent to me.
                                      You are at a rock gig, worries about the next morning shouldnt apply. Then behaving like medivial peasents at the village stocks when the band arrives makes it worse.
                                      I'm not sticking up for GnR btw (I was a big fan but no Slash, no GnR for me)
                                      Have to disagree with you DP. GNR are a retro band at this stage, most of their fans follwed them in the late 80s early 90s, so the attendees at this gig were hardly hard core rockers. They were people in their 30s with probably a babysitter at home or relying on the Luas to get them back to a car park that might close at midnight, etc etc. The fact is these gigs usually end at 11ish. If people knew in advance they might have made other plans. Personally I'd prefer gigs to go on later but I'm not the demographic at these gigs. It's narrow sighted of you to simply say, it's rock n roll people.
                                      Also the 80 or so quid people payed and probably more from the poor ol culchies who travelled to see the gig is now gone. If I was 90 minutes late for anything I wouldn't have the cheek to turn up at all. I say he is a prick and people are justified in calling him so or even fecking plastic bottles at him . Give em their money back. Anyway everyone knew he was an egotistical asshole so I guess it was to be expected. Heard the guitarist was wearing a top hat. LOL get over it Axl.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                        She's still in hospital now. She's been through loads of various tests through the night, thankfully all clear.

They won't let her out until they've done a 'stress test', think it involves monitoring her heart while on a treadmill?

The doc told me this morning that if she passes that then she probably had some sort of a muscle spasm.

Will have to wait until later before the heart stuff can be ruled out. The poor thing's wrecked she just wants to come home and got to bed!

Fingers crossed!
                                        The fact that shes got that far is a good sign - my girlfriend has to do them now and again. Its just covering all the bases (they couldnt find anything wrong when the heart was relaxed so they are going to put it under a bit of stress (running) to see if anything shows up) so dont be worrying

Hope she gets a good sleep after all this - tiring experience

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                          Hes black?

Comment

At last , the Irish version of Hitch.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDzdHZ5RheE[/ame]

Comment

Danny,
                                              Didn't wanna say it last night Danny, but I had a muscle spasm before (playing sonic the hedgehog for hours) and the mother called an ambulance. I was hooked up to the ECG (no blood tests) I sat in the OP very embarassed but it was deffo just muscular. Happened me again a few years later. Hopefully it's that, it's quite painful but it's more the fear that hits you than the spasm. Once I knew what it was I wasn't too bothered nexct time it happened.

Hopefully yer doc is correct.

Comment

I didn't throw anything but I can honestly sympathise with those who threw empty plastic bottles up on stage to show their anger - it wasn't as though people started throwing knives at the band! The fact that no-one, not Axl, not his new band of mercenaries, not anyone from the O2, not anyone from MCD, acknowledged the delays or paused to say 'we're sorry, but we're here now and we're gonna rock!' sent the right-thinking people in the crowd over the edge when the band finally took to the stage. I can't understand how some people didn't boo in the circumstances we found ourselves in last night, I honestly can't! Most people in the crowd (again, due to lack of any info coming from those in authority) assumed that the usual gig curfew was in effect so we'd only hear half a set from the band due to the late start, that is what upset people, not the thought of staying up past their bedtimes. MCD only thought to address the crowd AFTER the band had walked off and after the crowd had fully turned on Axl; Dermot Desmond was probably too busy counting the pennies in the back to give a shit until it became clear what a farce the gig had turned into.

Anyhow, I heard that MCD are not going to refund us so I guess I have to look into the small claims court, I didn't get what I paid for IMHO.
                                                definitely do it, it'll only cost you a tenner and they will almost certainly refund you the dough rather than go through the pain\expense of the hearing

I did this with Aer Lingus one time, had a written letter promising to refund fees on a flight they delayed for two days - I waited 6 months, then popped a SC claim in. Lo and behold, I got a letter from the CEO apologising profusely and a refund to my credit card within the week.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

lol, I just got an email from a new colleague

her name is Cheri Cocks

Comment

Up until that year Reading was pretty much a rock festival so having commercial rap on was always going to end in tears.

Comment

From the ESA Plankton bloom off the west coast last May

Bigger Image:
                                                      SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

her name is Cheri Cocks
                                                        Was it along the lines of checkout my live cam or sexy pics?
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                          Was it along the lines of checkout my live cam or sexy pics?
                                                          unfortunately not

Comment

I didn't throw anything
                                                            and you call yourself a rocker
                                                            i wasn't even drinking and was chucking whatever i coud get my hands on( wifes half full pint of beer)

anyhow who do i bang off an e-mail to to complain and get a refund

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

21 on Raoul's mood disorder test. Chance of a disorder low. Have to do it another 37 times within the next hour though, interspersed with washing my hands after each one, to make sure though.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

her name is Cheri Cocks
                                                                I'd love to earwig when she is booking something.

Yes Cock C.O.C.K.S , uuhmm 1st name Cheri. Yes Cheri Cocks, YES. Fk you too I'll get me nails done elsewhere.
                                                                Thank god her mother didn't call her Amanda.

Comment

Keeping with the religious theme of the last few days, Dawkins is currently doing a live webchat here, started about 30 mins ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                    Keeping with the religious theme of the last few days, Dawkins is currently doing a live webchat here, started about 30 mins ago.
                                                                    Good man Richard Dawkins:
                                                                    BUT, infuriatingly, although the link above is not behind the paywall, the debate itself is! This means that you can take part only by paying £1 to swell Rupert Murdoch's coffers. Sorry, but it's too late for me to back out now, and there's nothing I can do about it.

Richard

LATEST UPDATE: We've embeded the CoverItLive chat widget on our site here. You can also follow updates via RSS.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      From the ESA Plankton bloom off the west coast last May
                                                                      just saw your location there, you actually in austin? probably going to float the river in a few days i think

Comment

Re Last night:
                                                                        It kinda cuts both ways, giving out that the rock and roll act is late and you have to get up in the morning is nearly as bad as said rock band flouncing off due to plastic bottles.
                                                                        As an aside, what did anyone think would happen if you threw a bottle at a band like GnR?
                                                                        Idiots all round imo

You know, the first part of the above is quite interesting. Someone who lives and breathes their music shouldn't really notice the clock at such a gig. If going to see GnR is a religious experience (don't laugh - I'm sure there were loads of people there last night who would class seeing them live as a seminal life experience) then who cares when they come on stage once they're awesome when they start to play. And obviously, if they only come on when they're good and ready to go then surely the chances of them being awesome are much improved.

But such people are going to be an absolute minority of a modern audience that large when the ticket price is that high. Particularly when so many tickets for such gigs are given away on radio competitions / etc these days. They want the show to start promptly (late enough that they can get there comfortably after work and early enough that it won't be too late a night with work the next morning), there not to be too long a waiting period between acts, and for the whole thing to be wrapped up before regular public transport is done for the night. None of that is particularly "Rock and Roll", but it is line with the costs of these gigs. And yes, there are people who are probably up for interacting with a Rock Band in attendance as stated above, but when you have literally a couple of thousand people bored and looking at their watches the atmosphere is hostile from a band perspective right from the off.

And before anyone thinks it - this phenomenon is not just limited to giant acts in large venues like the O2. About six years ago I went to a gig where the Vodoo is now (don't remember what it was called at the time) to see a punk band that had been playing and making albums for years but remained at the level where they set up / pack away their own equipment. Anyway, they were clearly expecting an unruly crowd of people off their tits ready to beat the shit out of each other. Instead they found a bunch of normal people waiting to be entertained. I confess that towards the end of the gig when the lead singer asked "what should we play next?", I roared back: "play something please". The gig was awful, but the crowd didn't help matters.

The solution? Think long and hard about what the venue you're planning to see someone is like; what their reputation is; what stage of their tour they're at; etc, etc. Note that I'm not attempting to claim for one second that the performance of GnR was professional - merely noting that professional is never going to be the default setting for such an act.
                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Maybe you need to know the people involved but on the surface there's a really deep ugliness and nastiness to that. If that was someone I cared about they were taunting and it was even possible they were bothered by it that immature prick would in deep shit.
                                                                          it is one of those where you need to know the guy involved, he has wrote countless songs slagging people including himself,

he is a person who is mentally unstable but is writes the songs for the craic and there no malice involved,

he is such a waste of music talent, and has no confidence in himself and is insecure and all that, hence he writes songs taking the piss,

he has never wrote one about me and i am fearing i'm next
                                                                          http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

stole this link from the other place
                                                                            so if its a level blame that shower of retards over there

Taken a few minutes ago OK, it could be a tribute act. But we’d recognise that chip on Axl’s shoulder anywhere. (more as we get it)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Thought this was funny

A mother passing by her son's bedroom was astonished to see the bed was nicely made, and everything was picked up. Then, she saw an envelope, propped up prominently on the pillow. It was addressed, 'Mum' With the worst premonition, she opened the envelope and read the letter, with trembling hands.

Dear, Mum.
                                                                              It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I had to elope with my new girlfriend, because I wanted to avoid a scene with Dad and you. I've been finding real passion with Stacy, and she is so nice, but I knew you would not approve of her, because of all her piercing's, tattoos,her tight Motorcycle clothes, and because she is so much older than I am. But it's not only the passion, Mum. She's pregnant. Stacy said that we will be very happy. She owns a trailer in the woods, and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter.We share a dream of having many more children.

Stacy has opened my eyes to the fact that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone. We'll be growing it for ourselves, and trading it with the other people in the commune, for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want.

In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS,so Stacy can get better. She sure deserves it!!

Don't worry Mum, I'm 15, and I know how to take care of myself. Someday, I'm sure we'll be back to visit, so you can get to know your many grandchildren.

Love, your son, Nicholas.

P.S. Mum, none of the above is true. I'm over at Jason's house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than the school report that's on my desk. I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home

Comment

Who'd be an auditor. Goin around searching the bins fs. I'd hate your life ms auditor

Comment

Anyone having serious ipoker lag?
                                                                                  .
                                                                                  . .

Comment

Re: GnR again.

I'm not a fanboy. I've always liked them but don't go watching every leg of their tour on youtube or anything. I knew they'd be late on so only arrived at the O2 about 9:15 and shuffled towards where we wanted to stand about 9:45. By the time 10:15 came I was pretty pissed off as I always am when standing in a queue, stuck in traffic, or in any environment where I don't want to be but I knew that would lift as soon as the lights went down and it did. I knew it was going to be on late, I knew I wouldn't be able to get a bus home, I knew I'd be tired in work today but I'd made allowances for that.
                                                                                    The first couple of tracks were ruined for me, not by the lateness of the band, but by people booing furiously as the intro to WTTJ was played, causing the song to be stopped right after the first pyro and then forcing Axl to be true to his word of walking off. Obv he's a whiny bitch, but if you wait around a bit and let him do his thing he puts on a great show. Instead, due to people who decided to jump on the mob-rule bandwagon and boo-along because everyone else was we were forced to watch him stand as if he was waiting for a bus and put no effort in.
                                                                                    I don't really agree that just because its on in the O2 the 'nostalgia, I like rock music, where's slash' contingent should have been able to ruin the night for people who knew what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

I'm not a fanboy. I've always liked them but don't go watching every leg of their tour on youtube or anything. I knew they'd be late on so only arrived at the O2 about 9:15 and shuffled towards where we wanted to stand about 9:45. By the time 10:15 came I was pretty pissed off as I always am when standing in a queue, stuck in traffic, or in any environment where I don't want to be but I knew that would lift as soon as the lights went down and it did. I knew it was going to be on late, I knew I wouldn't be able to get a bus home, I knew I'd be tired in work today but I'd made allowances for that.
                                                                                      The first couple of tracks were ruined for me, not by the lateness of the band, but by people booing furiously as the intro to WTTJ was played, causing the song to be stopped right after the first pyro and then forcing Axl to be true to his word of walking off. Obv he's a whiny bitch, but if you wait around a bit and let him do his thing he puts on a great show. Instead, due to people who decided to jump on the mob-rule bandwagon and boo-along because everyone else was we were forced to watch him stand as if he was waiting for a bus and put no effort in.
                                                                                      I don't really agree that just because its on in the O2 the 'nostalgia, I like rock music, where's slash' contingent should have been able to ruin the night for people who knew what to expect.
                                                                                      main thing is you had a good night

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                        just saw your location there, you actually in austin? probably going to float the river in a few days i think
                                                                                        Nah, just wish I was.

Austins been shit since the best TexMex restaurant in the World, Las Manitas was closed down

You should get your dancing boots on and get out to the Broken Spoke to see Dale Watson or Slim Jim Hand. If Junior Browne is in town do not miss him wherever he is playing
                                                                                        Best of the regular gigs is the Continental club on a Sunday night featuring bona fide country legends Redd Volkarth and Earle Poole Ball and if Dale or Chuck Mead are in town then there is guaranteed to be a party.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_wLVCLPx0M[/ame]
                                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25g3-f-knhs[/ame]
                                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YN7M9Y-sgVA[/ame]
                                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC4qxQotEQ0[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                          Who'd be an auditor. Goin around searching the bins fs. I'd hate your life ms auditor
                                                                                          BSI ?
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

LOL we've just established that one of the lads was talking to this girl outside the gig last night when we were waiting to see would they come back on!

He came over to us and said she was a playmate blah blah and we were like 'yeah gtfo'

Comment

been to austin 3 times and enjoyed it loads each time but after spending time in nashville it just doesnt compare imo. literally if i could i would jump in the car and go back there as much as possible.

Comment

That's crazy, wtf is she looking for?

Comment

<-----insert cardshark broke vid Here
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                                                                                                    Anyone having serious ipoker lag?
                                                                                                    Just got an email saying there are network issues at the moment.

The have restarted the cash tables , not sure how the tournaments are effected though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                                      That's crazy, wtf is she looking for?
                                                                                                      At a quess, waste seperation procedures. This is important to get ISO 14001, along with many other factors of course.
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

The have restarted the cash tables , not sure how the tournaments are effected though.
                                                                                                        Cheers Ciaran

The lag was pretty severe, still didn't stop me winning the 2 HU super turbos I played though
                                                                                                        .
                                                                                                        . .

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                          been to austin 3 times and enjoyed it loads each time but after spending time in nashville it just doesnt compare imo. literally if i could i would jump in the car and go back there as much as possible.
                                                                                                          Nashville is great and there are lots of great stuff happening there but you will find it easier to locate real quality contemporary country in Austin.

Comment

Are hotels in Ireland going very soft i stayed in Clonakilty the last 2 nights. I checked in very late and all they had was my name which was spelt incorrectly. The guy just gave me a key no mention of a laser card etc...

Essentially i could have just left the building today and they would have had absolutely no trace of who i was or anyway of getting there money back.

Its the first time ive ever experienced such a casual attitude.
                                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Those people didn't ruin the gig for you Axl Rose did. They boo'd because like most people it's not easy to switch emotions like that. The other half (like myself) is very much a zealous concert goer, she text'd me, oh I forgive him just after they started playing. Other people however were too wound up, their enjoyment was ruined when the success of the show is all about if the feckin performer turns up or not. WTF? A gig is for unwinding at not getting even more wound up. You even admitted yourself you were getting a bit peeved, you payed for that gig, and you were getting peeved? Imagine if you weren't clued into the dickheadedness of Axl Rose and got there much earlier. I reckon you'd have gotten a little bit more wound up than you did and might have found your mood a little more difficult to shift. The basis of your point is that you knew he would be a tardy fckr and people should be more clued in and just accept it. It's a gig, it finishes at 11. 99.999% of gigs are like this in the O2.
                                                                                                              To me this is common sense and I don't see why people are bashing the irate concert goers , it's redic imo. I'm glad some of us Irish are growing a pair and not putting up with this shite . Next time someone of his ilk gigs in this country they might show us a bit more respect, because that's what it boils down to , a complete lack of respect.

Comment

Nashville is great and there are lots of great stuff happening there but you will find it easier to locate real quality contemporary country in Austin.
                                                                                                                lol its not country music i like it for, women, booze and food, the music is just a bonus

Comment

New York Times have been reading Raoul Dule III in the BBV obv

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                    Imagine if you weren't clued into the dickheadedness of Axl Rose and got there much earlier. I reckon you'd have gotten a little bit more wound up than you did and might have found your mood a little more difficult to shift.
                                                                                                                    Fair point.

Comment

Nearly just died logged in to my account and say the balance and wondered what the hell was going on then realised i was in coillcams account ! Honestly that feeling for 3 or 4 seconds is so sick.
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                                        Nearly just died logged in to my account and say the balance and wondered what the hell was going on then realised i was in coillcams account ! Honestly that feeling for 3 or 4 seconds is so sick.
                                                                                                                        coillcams balance was $64,309.54?
                                                                                                                        You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

First time in ages I've had a day at the donkeys and they were fine for me tbf.
                                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X