Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like everything's going to be grand danny but as mentioned above fair play for getting on to the doc so quickly..better safe than sorry.
    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

El tren smileys work on boards.ie

Comment

Hope everything is ok with the missus Danny. Hopefully it was just a dodgy bit of food or something, but way better to be safe than sorry.

Comment

Ugh.

Hopefully all works out Danny.
          Last edited by CHDad; 02-09-10, 01:12.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Hope everything is ok with the missus Danny. Hopefully it was just a dodgy bit of food or something, but way better to be safe than sorry.
            Cheers Dom, that'd be a great result! Although I cooked dinner this evening so maybe not so much.
            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I left the G'n'R gig just before they came back on stage; had enough of giving out to various idiots in the O2 by then. I maintain I am definitely getting my money back; any thoughts? I was ready and happy to riot by the time Axl the prick walked off stage for the 1st time. Am raging writing this. I want my money back. Absolute disgrace.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                I left the G'n'R gig just before they came back on stage; had enough of giving out to various idiots in the O2 by then. I maintain I am definitely getting my money back; any thoughts? I was ready and happy to riot by the time Axl the prick walked off stage for the 1st time. Am raging writing this. I want my money back. Absolute disgrace.

Chances are slim I'd say. They honoured their contract so it's up to MCD to decide if they want to give money back out of the goodness of their hearts, I wouldn't count on that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                  i Have a player at my table on ipoker and when i put his name into sharkscope and pokerprolabs nothing comes up .
                  Is there any reason he shouldnt show up ???
                  Anyone??

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                    Chances are slim I'd say. They honoured their contract so it's up to MCD to decide if they want to give money back out of the goodness of their hearts, I wouldn't count on that happening.
                    FUCK THAT SHIT - I want my money back! They kept us waiting for 50 minutes, played 20 then fucked off. I am going to sue if possible (via the small claims court). I am RAGING. AC / DC, Iron Maiden, whoever wouldn't try this shit will real fans

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                      Cheers Dom, that'd be a great result! Although I cooked dinner this evening so maybe not so much.
                      That would be a double result as it would be a perfect excuse not to cook again, unless she is a terrible cook
                      Anyone??
                      Perhaps it is a new sn, or else the player hasn't played on that site in ages so only has results outside the cutoff date that sharkscope looks at? I don't know that there is a cutoff date as I don't use it, but I am assuming it only does recent ones for relevance.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                        FUCK THAT SHIT - I want my money back! They kept us waiting for 50 minutes, played 20 then fucked off. I am going to sue if possible (via the small claims court). I am RAGING. AC / DC, Iron Maiden, whoever wouldn't try this shit will real fans
                        I'm so incredibley angry right now, I'm actually looking forward to calling MCD in the morning, been told on boards.ie that I won't get anything back. Those pieces of shit

Comment

All this religion talk, phew.
                          Let's talk about aliens instead.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            and idiots like u and kayroo
                            Easy Donal, there's no need to get personal. Pick your battles mate.

Also LOL at you calling me an idiot.
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxLUUQdqA0I[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                That would be a double result as it would be a perfect excuse not to cook again, unless she is a terrible cook

Perhaps it is a new sn, or else the player hasn't played on that site in ages so only has results outside the cutoff date that sharkscope looks at? I don't know that there is a cutoff date as I don't use it, but I am assuming it only does recent ones for relevance.
                                Cheers Dom , I got him on PTR .
                                Apparently the others dont track omaha.

Comment

Guns n gobshites.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                    All this religion talk, phew.
                                    Let's talk about aliens instead.

See UFO's every 3rd night or so over Wicklow mountains myself.

Comment

Saw one in Tallaght before.

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                                        Saw one in Tallaght before.
                                        Prob would have taken your shoes to its leader.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                          Prob would have taken your shoes to its leader.
                                          Now thats funny
                                          ''Any change is resisted because bureaucrats have a vested interest in the chaos in which they exist.'' - Richard Nixon

Comment

The internet has peaked, it's all downhill from here.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjZqZWbmXK4[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                                                Now thats funny
                                                Obv, tis CHD, get on board or jog on.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoXfiSU_wqE[/ame]
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

3,006th post.

Hot girl but let this be a lesson. Hot tubs can give you rashes. I am just looking after yous.

Comment

losing a 1/10 in running tennis shot cant get much worse than realising you just got SCREWED UP THE ASS by betfair in premium charges

FU YOU CNUTS

such bs
                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Fack awff you nawty cahnt

Comment

Jesus, the Cat Stevens concert was super compared to this.

At least Joe has his show sorted this afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            5 songs and he band walk after Axl gets a bottle skilled at him.
                                                            I went to see Oasis in Glasgow SECC about 10 years ago when something similar happened. Liam was acting the twat and Paul was singing, someone threw an empty plastic bottle towards stage and they walked off. They let us think they coming back for about a half hour while they got into their helicopter and fukked off! was nearly a riot that night. Vowed never to go see them again after that.

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                                                            Ok so me and the missus arvive at half 6 at the O2.. standing in line and waiting to get in to get our seats.. the young security lads start shouting "no bottles chains etc etc" and there is metal detector searches etc fairly strict stuff.

We get in and take our seats, then 2 little townie scumbags sit down beside us and start making sounds like they are dying.. tapping girls on the shoulder shouting at them, flicking beer at them etc etc.. bit obvious it was only a matter of time before they were fcuked out.

So then the Support band comes on and nobody really takes to them, more sympothy applause than anything. They play until about 9:20 and everyones really glad to see the back of them. Time starts moving by and everyones talking about how they have work etc and cant stay around too long. People start getting fustrated and start boo'in. Then some genius comes up with the idea to start a mexican wave lol , that was all well and good for 5 mins.

Eventually Guns come on stage over a hour later and are met with boo's. From the off there are bottles being hurled up on stage. Axl stops in the middle of the 2nd song and says "If this shit happens again we're off". I think they made it to the 4th song and hes storms off. Everyone knew it was going to happen, so que the weird riot buzz and course's of boos and general madness.

I go for a smoke with the missus and as we are making our way back to our seats, there was 2 fights and it Seemed fairly serious. Seemed the 2 scumbags were involved, they eventually get dragged out kicking and screaming. Theres a lad there with his daughter, she is 6 years old max, the look on her face said it all.

Everything calms down a little where we are, we are just waiting now on an announcement to be made as to wtf is going to happen. There is a big lad sitting directly in front of me, when i mean big i mean HUGE! The 2 lads have their t-shirts changed and make a b line for the guy in front of us. The little scumbags get 1 punch in max and he literally wipes the floor with them. GF is holding me back as if they got the better of him i was def jumping in. Then the dust settles again after people are really getting distressed up the front and attempting to riot. Security barely managing to defuse the situation at the front.

Guns come back on stage, empty seats everywhere! Met with boos obviously. Axl just stands there singing while the other lads in fairness are giving it socks and sound pretty fcuking good. I had a pain in my hole with it all and just left.

My question is.. Why the fcuk are organisers selling glass bottles of beer at rock concerts? Surely there has to be a huge chance that something could happen. They are so strict outside but dont give a fcuk inside? once they get 6.50 a bottle lol??!?!??! nuts if you ask me!
                                                            Bet you are glad you never bought them tickets!
                                                            Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                            My wife had some sudden chest pains earlier this evening, which suddenly became very painful, and got a little frightening. I got on the phone to the doc in a bit of a panic, and after whisking her down there, he sent her to the hospital for blood tests that have to be done within 4 hours of the initial 'discomfort'.

It all eased off and she's feeling fine again and an ECG at the docs said she had a regular heartbeat but he sent her to the hospital for blood tests.

Apparently these tests have to be one within four hours of the original incident so as to detect cardiac enzymes (I think).

Basically she's waiting on the results now to find out if she had a heart attack.

Thankfully she feels fine now and just want's to come home but there's talks of keeping her in depending on the results of the blood test.

I'm happy enough that she's ok at the mo but talks of a heart attack seem absurd.

My wife is 31 years old, hasn't had a drink in over 3 years, eats well,non smoker, clean living, etc etc.

We'll find out shortly one way or another.
                                                            Hope your wife is ok Danny. It's very scary when you think there is something wrong with your heart. I have a hole in mine and had caused problems when pregnant there. My dad had a heart attack at 44 so its a major concern for me that mine isn't fixed yet. I am waiting heart surgery and will be glad to be fixed.

I really hope it's not her heart and something else caused it. Fingers crossed your dodgy cooking caused indigestion!

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                              FWIW BubbleKing-on some level I consider anyone who doesnt work themselves up into a furious state of anxiety re never ending nothingness and impending doom to be in some way flawed and cant fathom how people dont spend a huge proportion of the time thinking about it.
                                                              I knew you'd have a good take on it!
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

the O2 does not sell glass bottles, they do sell hard plastic ones.
                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Rose is widely regarded as a tool and pulls this shit all the time,why are people surprised when it happens again?
                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Me
                                                                    Dear Pokerstars,

I played your Lamborghini freEroll today but I got very unlucky and busted the first hand, i think i actually busted first in the whole tournament.
                                                                    Obviously it would be quite ridiculous for me to ask for a Lamborghini in
                                                                    return, but a car of some sort would be nice to have as a run around.
                                                                    My suggestion is that you send me a Russian Lada, newer than 1990 model. I
                                                                    can forward you shipping details if this is suitable.

HornswaggleU

Originally posted by Pokerstars Support
                                                                    Hello <my name>,

Thanks for your email!

I am sorry to hear you got unlucky in the tournament, well, it happens!
                                                                    I wish I could convince our promotions manager to buy loads of Lada cars or any similar cool cars and hand them out to our unlucky freeroll players.
                                                                    Very long shot, as you may imagine.

Actually, I myself used to have 1990 Zaporozhets back when I got my provisional driving license. It was the best car I have ever had, at least I
                                                                    got loads of attention. It looked something like that (YES, they still
                                                                    produced that model in 1990):

Above picture embedded by me:
                                                                    SPOILER

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

Tarvi
                                                                    PokerStars Support Team
                                                                    wp.

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                                                      Anyone selling a Electric picnic ticket?
                                                                      easy enough to get on the EP forum
                                                                      You and Byrner going again?
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                        Pretty poor stuff from EP. The soul of the festival has been destroyed bit by bit in recent years. Another nail in the coffin imo

http://forum.electricpicnic.ie/viewt...hp?f=3&t=15398

bit of a climb down.
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

The first and last concert i went to was Gerry Fish on new years eve some years ago and he came on late about 23:30 and nobody seemed to give a sh!t. No booing no nothing. I hate that name whenever i hear it the smarmy little bastard.

Comment

Re Last night:
                                                                            It kinda cuts both ways, giving out that the rock and roll act is late and you have to get up in the morning is nearly as bad as said rock band flouncing off due to plastic bottles.
                                                                            As an aside, what did anyone think would happen if you threw a bottle at a band like GnR?
                                                                            Idiots all round imo

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                              Support band are called Danko Jones and rumoured to be no great shakes.
                                                                              i thanked this post zuutroy cos i can confirm after last night that indeed they are no great shakes.

gun n' roses
                                                                              lol

it was interesting, kinda enjoyable, bit dissapointing, axel was crap, sound was crap, couldn't recognise hardly any song due to bad sound and being unable to hear the lyrics, crowd booing was cool and well justified imo, crowd throwing beer even cooler, axel acting like a spoilt kid and walking off stage was lol.

would i go and see them again...... meeeaaahhh hardly

all in all i still enjoyed the night

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Managed to crack the top 20!

I think I have hit my peak at 16th.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                  Managed to crack the top 20!

I think I have hit my peak at 16th.

How can we help you in your quest?

Comment

so what time is the daily religious ceremony at today?

I think we should go for a Hindu celebration this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                      How can we help you in your quest?
                                                                                      I think the quest could be over . It would take too much to time to get to number 1 . I am quite happy to settle for mediocrity on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                        Scott Pilgrim - fuck me that was a good film. Very funny and some cracking scenes. Michael Cera's comedy timing is gold
                                                                                        Fully agree. Laughed from start to finish. It's weird and all over the place, but funny enough to get away with it.
                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

OH YES!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-9dHTicsBk[/ame]

Cool little app from someone over on boards for EP for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                            Fully agree. Laughed from start to finish. It's weird and all over the place, but funny enough to get away with it.
                                                                                            I love the new sort of cinematic language they came up with for the film. My girlfriend didn't get half the videogame references (the Zelda/seeing her in a dream/called to a quest of 7 thing went right over her head) but she still enjoyed it.
                                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                              I think the quest could be over . It would take too much to time to get to number 1 . I am quite happy to settle for mediocrity on this one.
                                                                                              Who is that Mark Hanna guy with the 1200+ hits??

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Hen do you say?

Comment

strict hindus shouldn't really be eating chicken or eggs (according to vedic principles anyway)

please remove that picture as it may be offensive to some user's religious beliefs

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                    I love the new sort of cinematic language they came up with for the film. My girlfriend didn't get half the videogame references (the Zelda/seeing her in a dream/called to a quest of 7 thing went right over her head) but she still enjoyed it.
                                                                                                    Yeah, if you didn't waste a portion of your youth playing video games, you simply won't enjoy the film as much. Thankfully (unfortunately?) I did, so it was all win on my end!
                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWQRjH-Ibbc&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Let's do some greek/roman gods, I vote for a feast, piss-up and orgy in celebration of Dionysus.
                                                                                                        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

new toy

I tried it and my result was "you are not suffering from a significant mood or anxiety disorder at the present time"

whoo-hoo, I feel like Homer did when they stamped 'Not insane' on his hand!

Comment

Who is that Mark Hanna guy with the 1200+ hits??
                                                                                                            I haven't heard of him before but heres a link to his bio on his website

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                                              Let's do some greek/roman gods, I vote for a feast, piss-up and orgy in celebration of Dionysus.
                                                                                                              meh, I'm sticking with Hinduism for now

looks like hard work though, all that rising at dawn to chant a few sutras, light some incencse, make a few offerings. Then the not hurting a living thing all day.

I see there is still quite a problem with suttee in remoter parts of India, feckin' mad altogether Ted.

Comment

Technical difficulties last night you say? Would they be that Axl Rose is technically a cunt?
                                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

We shall never understand mankind, as it is made up of two words , 'mank' and 'ind', nobody known what these words mean so the mystery goes on.

what difference is there between a duck.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                  The answer : None. He has both legs of the same length. Especially the left one.

Comment

new toy

I tried it and my result was "you are not suffering from a significant mood or anxiety disorder at the present time"

whoo-hoo, I feel like Homer did when they stamped 'Not insane' on his hand!
                                                                                                                    Great, I'm red-flagged, 90% chance of depression and "Your M3 Score is in the high range as compared to individuals already known to be suffering from a mood or anxiety disorder. This is cause for real concern, as it indicates your symptoms are impacting your life and general health". Funny thing is that in general I've never been happier!
                                                                                                                    "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                                                      Great, I'm red-flagged, 90% chance of depression and "Your M3 Score is in the high range as compared to individuals already known to be suffering from a mood or anxiety disorder. This is cause for real concern, as it indicates your symptoms are impacting your life and general health". Funny thing is that in general I've never been happier!
                                                                                                                      you're a frickin' nutjob imo

Comment

stolen from that other place but it seems we are unlikely to recieve a fefund which is hardly surprising.

GUNS N ROSES: STATEMENT ISSUED BY PROMOTERS MCD AND THE MANAGEMENT OF THE O2
                                                                                                                        News last updated: 02-09-2010

back to news

Statement issued by Promoters MCD & the management of The O2 regarding the Guns N' Roses concert at The 02, Dublin, Wednesday 1st September 2010.

Despite every effort being made by promoters to ensure Guns N' Roses would go on stage on time, they went on at 22.26hrs having been due to be on stage at 21.45hrs, support artist finished at 21:00hrs.

During the second song Axl requested members of crowd who were throwing plastic glass's containing unknown substances to immediately stop or he would have no option but to leave the stage. He confirmed band's wish to perform stating "we want to stay..one more bottle and we go home". Despite his continued appeals, having tried to continue performing for 22 minutes,
                                                                                                                        people continued throwing unknown substances leaving artist with no choice but to leave the stage.

From the stage MCD Promoter Denis Desmond again appealed to audience to refrain from throwing items and stated that the band would be back on stage shortly.

The artist was prevented from leaving the venue by the Promoter and following backstage discussions Guns N' Roses went back on stage at 23.20 hrs and performed their full set until 00.53 hrs.

While the artist has a long history for being late on stage (Slane 1992 - crowd waiting 2 hours and last weekend's UK Reading festival), NO artist should be subjected to missiles and unknown substances being thrown at them. However, despite this the band went back on stage after people stopped throwing items performing their full set of songs in full.

MCD and The 02 wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused due to late running of the show.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

in other news

missus smiley-ball has anounced that despite lastnight's disaster she would like to become a bona-fide concert goer and return to the 02 again soon and has requested to find out who is playing there over the next few weeks............ all this after i gave 2 1/2 hours listening to her drunken ramblings and giving out about "what a heap of shit it was, and we should get our money back, and that they shouldn't be allowed to do that" while driving home last night.

women i will never understand them only ever pretend to understand them for the sake of an easier life

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X