This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    If Spurs paid the £17m that Bayern offered before the deal fell though i'd be laughing. At £8m it would be ridiculous not to take him because there's no doubting his quality when he turns up in games.
    I'm worried that Mourinho wanted rid of him. There are managers like Mourinho and Wenger who if they want to let a player leave I would be wary about them.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      I'm worried that Mourinho wanted rid of him. There are managers like Mourinho and Wenger who if they want to let a player leave I would be wary about them.
      They have just signed Ozil and Sergio Canales (next big thing). Throw in Kaka and they havn't any room for him. VDV has to go if a bid comes in.

Comment

Q for Kev/Ste. Will we stay away from creating new accounts or is it something we can run with? Seems like there always a hit list of players that will bite the bullet first.
        Personally I'd prefer if this didn't happen, I'd like to see how many/ if any new members we get through the PPP promotion and this would skew the numbers.

Comment

That new accounts thing seriously sucked anyway. Logging in and out was annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
            Personally I'd prefer if this didn't happen, I'd like to see how many/ if any new members we get through the PPP promotion and this would skew the numbers.
            How does anon posting work? Be great to have like a private forum for WW where we can play unreg'd and anon.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
              How does anon posting work? Be great to have like a private forum for WW where we can play unreg'd and anon.
              Hard to pick who to lynch if everyone is unreg'd surely? Hard to mod and monitor too.
              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                you could just subtract the ww numbers!

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  Hard to pick who to lynch if everyone is unreg'd surely? Hard to mod and monitor too.
                  Can you not name your unregd self?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                    can you get proper ebooks from the cousins or it mostly just all that make money from ebay nonsense?
                    There was a site i posted a few months ago where you could get 1000's of ebooks for free, not sure if you could download them, i'll have a look for the post.

Comment

WSOP up on the tube

Comment

Open a discussion thread flushy,the same players will always be munched early and that needs to be addressed.

If there was a way to do it where participants would only be judged on content rather then history,that would be best IMO.
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                          Fuck you Windows XP, and bye bye to 4 years of my laptop.

"Windows NT could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

Winnt_root\System32\Ntoskrnl.exe

Please re-install a copy of the above file."

CD drive is broken, so seems like I'll have to reload the whole shaggin yoke again
                          nah you can fix that.
                          just d/l a recovery disc/console/ and load from a usb key..u need to edit your Bios options for this
                          Alternativley, maybe easier, usb a Linux boot disc and get a copy of the missing file and repair from there.

actually, are u using a multi boot setup?
                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-09-10, 18:03.
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                            you could just subtract the ww numbers!
                            That's work and hassle though.

Comment

Any1 in ££ on boyle, need £50 for a £50 paysafe voucher or can deposit it on stars and ship there, either or.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                nah you can fix that.
                                just d/l a recovery disc/console/ and load from a usb key..u need to edit your Bios options for this
                                Alternativley, maybe easier, usb a Linux boot disc and get a copy of the missing file and repair from there.

actually, are u using a multi boot setup?
                                nope, posting of ubuntu netbook now, but use the laptop for everything poker and film related so its a bit of a blow not to have it.

Any guides you could link to? I am mostly computer literate, so should be able to sort it, I'm just feeling moany and lazy at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                  It was done before and i think its better for the game as people don't say O look Kayroo became friends with so and so, therefore they are both WW

Comment

I have a fine collection of academic ebooks in the psychology and psychotherapy fields.

Here is a good site for direct downloads http://www.book123.net/

Just to talk you through it. Search for a book and click the result obv. When the book page comes up scroll past lots of stuff until you get to the links under "Ebook Download", ignore the 1st 2 as they are ad links for Usenet, choose one of other direct download site links, then on the following page scroll past stuff down to the link "Regular Download " under "If you have more time to wait..." Tbis then brings you to the direct download site with the file you chose. And hopefully the file hasn't been taken down.

Also Filestube is something I have tended to search in first, but I don't know if they index anything bookwise that ebooks.net doesn't.

If the book you're looking for is anyway recent there's a decent chance you get it. At least that's been my experience.
                                    Cool thanks. Getting a kindle would pay for itself then, mean i don't have worry about storage and that i'll finally get around to reading all the ebooks i already have.

slamdunk imo.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                      nope, posting of ubuntu netbook now, but use the laptop for everything poker and film related so its a bit of a blow not to have it.

Any guides you could link to? I am mostly computer literate, so should be able to sort it, I'm just feeling moany and lazy at the moment.

easy peasy
                                      Bootdisk, Boot Disk, Windows Boot disk, XP Bootdisk, 98 Boot Disk, Setup Disk, Startup Disk, NTFS Bootdisk
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

That new accounts thing seriously sucked anyway. Logging in and out was annoying.
                                        You're letting me down hotspur. You just log into 1 account on your usual browser and then another on Explorer. Change the colour scheme to something poxy on the ww one and you shouldn't post from that account.

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                        Open a discussion thread flushy,the same players will always be munched early and that needs to be addressed.

If there was a way to do it where participants would only be judged on content rather then history,that would be best IMO.
                                        No matter what is agreed, it's always going to be the same. With nothing much to go on, the werewolves will just lynch some of the stronger players whether anything is agreed beforehand or not.

Comment

You're letting me down hotspur. You just log into 1 account on your usual browser and then another on Explorer. Change the colour scheme to something poxy on the ww one and you shouldn't post from that account.

No matter what is agreed, it's always going to be the same. With nothing much to go on, the werewolves will just lynch some of the stronger players whether anything is agreed beforehand or not.
                                          How will the ww's know who's who if there's an anonymous element?

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                            WSOP up on the tube
                                            One of the strangest rulings ive ever seen in Ep 7

Comment

Anonymous is essential for the next one imo

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                                                Really? I took a photo.If i could figure out how to stick it up here i would show u.Looks identical to Axel
                                                Yeah but Axel looks nothing like Axel now Did anyone see the clips from Reading? He looked awful, like a south park character - sounded like one too. I think I would rather see Slash and his new band - it is most of the original guns and roses line up. His new album is much better than the crap that is chinese democracy.
                                                sigpic
                                                www.d4events.com

Comment

discovery building in hostage situation

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                    Up to 45th now
                                                    I should really do some work!
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

How will the ww's know who's who if there's an anonymous element?
                                                      Anonymous is essential for the next one imo
                                                      Ste doesn't want new accounts setup for another game, and i've no idea what way annonymous works. If you don't have to reg and you can post under any username, whats to stop me loggin in under someone else's name and posting some nonsense?

Comment

Ste doesn't want new accounts setup for another game, and i've no idea what way annonymous works. If you don't have to reg and you can post under any username, whats to stop me loggin in under someone else's name and posting some nonsense?
                                                        You give people the names they must use, like Icarus did. People can only have one name I think.

@Ste

Just minus the WW numbers from the new reg'd people. If people sign up for the PP promo they will be posting in the thread anyway too.

It shouldn't be too much hassle but if the Admins don't want us doing it then thats that I suppose.

Comment

You give people the names they must use, like Icarus did. People can only have one name I think.

@Ste

Just minus the WW numbers from the new reg'd people. If people sign up for the PP promo they will be posting in the thread anyway too.

It shouldn't be too much hassle but if the Admins don't want us doing it then thats that I suppose.
                                                          Well i was going to use colours, poker players or famous wrestlers as the new signups. It would be quite easy to identify and delete these accounts from the other sign ups and delete them if necessasry.

@ CHD, i get what you're saying, but if it's annonymous, can everyone not use the same name as there's no activation required? So if ballsup posts to say i think we should lynch MrPink, then what's to stop me loggin in as ballsup and saying, "scratch that, i'm the seer"

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                            The WSOP gets better every year.

Some twat is actually barking this year.

Darvin Moon: "I wasn't on my game this year"
                                                            Ah, yes you were Darvin, you just didn't run like GOD/Superman (delete where applicable)
                                                            I played that day 2 and was glad that i wasnt on the table with the chap barking. It was irritating enough from across the room

Comment

Well i was going to use colours, poker players or famous wrestlers as the new signups. It would be quite easy to identify and delete these accounts from the other sign ups and delete them if necessasry.

@ CHD, i get what you're saying, but if it's annonymous, can everyone not use the same name as there's no activation required? So if ballsup posts to say i think we should lynch MrPink, then what's to stop me loggin in as ballsup and saying, "scratch that, i'm the seer"
                                                              I am not sure how anon posting works or if its even possible here but I think once you pick your name you are stuck with it.

It will be easier for new accounts to be set up prob but would be great if there was a forum like PI on Boards.

Lets see what 5star says, we all know he is the real boss. He can delete the accounts after.

Comment

The new ad is cool. IPB up in lights.

Comment

Bit of a long shot but - what if we took all the previous ww biblical accounts and reassigned them. All it would take would be for an admin to give the current password to the game mod and we then change the password when we get the new account.

Comment

Bit of a long shot but - what if we took all the previous ww biblical accounts and reassigned them. All it would take would be for an admin to give the current password to the game mod and we then change the password when we get the new account.
                                                                    Admins dont know passwords. Shouldn't really be getting involved in passwords that people use.

Comment

Admins dont know passwords. Shouldn't really be getting involved in passwords that people use.
                                                                      Wingnut,admins could just reset the password to the same as the username,then the person receiving the account can change it to whatever they like.

Comment

The new ad is cool. IPB up in lights.

Didn't read anything about this league. Is this going to be our annual league? Is there a thread (had a quick look in sub-fora I don't usually venture)?

Comment

Didn't read anything about this league. Is this going to be our annual league? Is there a thread (had a quick look in sub-fora I don't usually venture)?
                                                                          Thread here

I think it would be a good idea to run a IBPCOOP during this too.

Use the tournaments with a different scroring system to the overall league

Comment

Wingnut,admins could just reset the password to the same as the username,then the person receiving the account can change it to whatever they like.
                                                                            Stop being clever Icky Sticky.

Comment

It's stickied in here for the minute... we'll prob be making a dedicated sub-forum for it that only registered users can see with passwords and the likes in it. But the majority of it will be in this forum.

We'll be putting an announcement up too.
                                                                              Last edited by Ste05; 01-09-10, 19:11.

Comment

Lads, I've been getting bombarded with emails to my hotmail account claiming to be HSBC regarding my account and recent transactions etc.

I doubt anyone here would be foolish enough to click any of the links but just a heads up as I don't usually get this sort of crap into my hotmail acc, yahoo well that's a different story.
                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                  Lads, I've been getting bombarded with emails to my hotmail account claiming to be HSBC regarding my account and recent transactions etc.

I doubt anyone here would be foolish enough to click any of the links but just a heads up as I don't usually get this sort of crap into my hotmail acc, yahoo well that's a different story.

I got similar from Anglo offering me a loan. I just LOL'ed

Comment

I get those emails too. The addresses are always funny. boi@hotmail..com bankofireland@hotmail..com etc etc

Comment

Can you not name your unregd self?
                                                                                      As said, what it to stop someone else using your unregged name for that.
                                                                                      That is what I was going to suggest as well. Reuse the accounts. They aren't really proper accounts anyways, so us resetting the password isn't a breach of privacy or anything.
                                                                                      Last edited by 6starpool; 01-09-10, 19:34.

Comment

They'd be told not too by the mod running the game, we would be given names. If thats not what you mean then I dunno what you are asking.

Comment

They'd be told not too by the mod running the game, we would be given names. If thats not what you mean then I dunno what you are asking.
                                                                                          Do you need different themed names for each game or something? Would the biblical names not do?

Would WWUser1, WWUser2 etc be any better or still no good for the same reason?

Comment

names would be easier to follow. old names would be grand though, assuming you can reset the passwords.

Comment

Whichever option is easier,they should both work.

With the unreged accounts idea,as CHD says you just ban anyone that opens an unauthorised account.Simples.

You would need to be able to make the forum private though or lock it somehow to stop non-players opening accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                Do you need different themed names for each game or something? Would the biblical names not do?

Would WWUser1, WWUser2 etc be any better or still no good for the same reason?
                                                                                                The names need to be different and distinguishable,a complaint about the biblical names was that similar sounding names were confusing.

I would suggest Mr Blonde,Mr Blue,Mr Pink etc or the phonetic alphabet alpha,bravo,charlie etc

EDIT: or just use the old names is probably the easiest.
                                                                                                Last edited by Icarus152; 01-09-10, 19:44.

Comment

Anyone selling a Electric picnic ticket?
                                                                                                  ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                                  I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

The names need to be different and distinguishable,a complaint about the biblical names was that similar sounding names were confusing.

I would suggest Mr Blonde,Mr Blue,Mr Pink etc or the phonetic alphabet alpha,bravo,charlie etc

EDIT: or just use the old names is probably the easiest.
                                                                                                    Lynch Mr. Pink
                                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                      Lynch Mr. Red
                                                                                                      Better

Comment

Several players on verge of brain seizures over in WW eleven.

Comment

Several players on verge of brain seizures over in WW eleven.
                                                                                                          Am i as tilting as that lot, if so, im officially retiring from it

Comment

Be gone from this place with your werewolf waffle.
                                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                              Am i as tilting as that lot, if so, im officially retiring from it
                                                                                                              Don't retire, the game needs special people too.

Comment

Dont knock it till youve tried it.

Comment

I told 'em to start a discussion thread but they never listen.

Comment

Don't retire, the game needs special people too.
                                                                                                                    and idiots like u and kayroo

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                                      and idiots like u and kayroo
                                                                                                                      Oh dear.

Comment

can't believe i put raoul in my fww team. not sure who to transfer in during the break.

Comment

I am a making sushi noob. In fact I haven't acquired noob status yet. Does anyone know where in Dublin a chap might get sushi grade fish? I asked in the most expensive place in Howth in the harbour but no luck.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X