• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lads regarding this religion debate.
    There is no god. End of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
      But that's the crux of what I was talking about earlier on. If you were a devout catholic you would believe that, it's the foundation of your religion, just has gotten a bit tainted over the years. But...if you do believe that...then you wouldn't be a catholic, you'd choose something that made more sense. At least imo anyway.
      lol lol religion and sense

Comment

God is real. LOL JK there is no such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
          Lads regarding this religion debate.
          There is no god. End of discussion.
          It's strange. When I lived with that guy I argued with him tirelessly about this. And any time new dinosaur fossils would be found I'd needle him.

But when I'm talking to people on the other side of the debate I always kinda defend his side. I guess it's because I think it's a bit misrepresented or something, I guess if you're only exposure was hap hazard catholicism then lol religion is the reaction you would ever have.

I reckon it just a big game of ww modded by chd anyway.
          Last edited by Denny Crane; 31-08-10, 18:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
            maybe you should just admit what you're looking for!
            I told someone at work I would find an episode they can't get, but no luck so far and I stand to be humbled after laughing at their inability to find it.

It is The Biggest Loser (US), Season 6, Episode 13.

Anyone find a link then please PM me.

Comment

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj9o[/ame]

Someone has to post it...

Comment

Anyone know if the latest WSOP episodes are up yet?

Comment

The 4chan website is credited with creating some of the web's biggest phenomena, but it is blamed for wreaking havoc across cyberspace.

Article about 4chan. I have to say I didn't realise how many internet memes originated from that place.
                    It was set up, originally, by a 15 year old. Surprised I am not.

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                      Anyone know if the latest WSOP episodes are up yet?
                      Shown tonight in the states and available tomorrow.
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

inserting a virtual giant swastika constructed from avatars into a children's online computer game.
                        what's that about?

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                          Watched the A-team for a second time cause it was desh! <-- desh is a wexford word for the nuts, dont know where that came out of me, more than likely my ass!

also anyone ever see the Glenn beck interview where he asked the new muslin sentor prove to me your not a teriost! God bless the daily show and the colber report for just calling him on this shit, but sad for the state of the world i am when comdey's shows become the voice of reason

also lol @eight-ball for not being able to see the smilies, dude get a mirror in your house!
                          You cant blame apple auto correct for all your post's

Comment

Season four of Oz is really just a weekly game of who's going to turn up from out of the wire isn't it?

Comment

what's that about?
                              Felt compelled to further investigate

"4chan users revel in causing controversy -- and there's nothing like race or religion to get tempers flaring. Just yesterday the group staged a "raid" on the popular online childrens' game Habbo Hotel, flooding the game's world with avatars made to look like black men wearing Armani suits. Among 4chan's favorite raid flourishes, it turns out, is the 'swastiget' -- where invaders line up in the shape of a swastika. All for the lulz, of course."

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                You cant blame apple auto correct for all your post's
                                O sorry gardai, i was taking a shit doing something and said feck it while im sitting here i said i would be productive and check out the BBV and read some posts i flicked over in my rush to post about the A-Team,

FYI i Flushed & Washed my hands!

Comment

It's strange. When I lived with that guy I argued with him tirelessly about this. And any time new dinosaur fossils would be found I'd needle him.

But when I'm talking to people on the other side of the debate I always kinda defend his side. I guess it's because I think it's a bit misrepresented or something, I guess if you're only exposure was hap hazard catholicism then lol religion is the reaction you would ever have.

I reckon it just a big game of ww modded by chd anyway.
                                  Well I think snidely lolling at religion is quite appropriate. When you spend even a second to think about what its all about, it's just ridiculous. Absolute insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Still no go for the episode I am looking for.
                                    PM sent

Comment

Season four of Oz is really just a weekly game of who's going to turn up from out of the wire isn't it?
                                      Not for those of us who saw it before The Wire was made.

Comment

sick shot

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTl3U6aSd2w[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                          http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-10520487

Article about 4chan. I have to say I didn't realise how many internet memes originated from that place.
                                          It was set up, originally, by a 15 year old. Surprised I am not.
                                          Serious business that place. I seen in another thread that within a couple of hours of that video being posted of the girl firing the puppies in the river they were already hunting her down and had posted the following info to get people started. I think it was Hotspur who said I wouldn't want to fuck with them!

She is 5ft 6in-5ft 8in, blonde, eye color unknown, Caucasian

Youtube account owners name is Martin
                                          They live in Bugojno, use googlemaps.
                                          http://www.youtube.com/user/harmunikas22This ****** commented their youtube account and is a possible friend.

Possible facebook account of the youtube accounts owner
                                          - his mother:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...393951&ref=sgm
                                          possible facebook of that bitch:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1063353133
                                          if not, second suspect:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1634112135
                                          one of their friends:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1609024709
                                          possible camera man:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000190085342
                                          This is the Vrbas river the one from the video.
                                          (Googleearth it)
                                          Opr

Comment

http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                              Not for those of us who saw it before The Wire was made.
                                              Glad I saw the wire first though! would have tainted it a tad.

Comment

I'm going travelling for a while and looking to get some lightweight netbook. Anyone have suggestions for any models as not really up to date with what's good or not. I don't need a powerful machine, just need it for browsing primarily. As light as possible and cheap so I don't mind too much if it gets lost or stolen. I'm fine with a 2nd hand model if anyone is selling!

Comment

what's that about?
                                                  Habbo Hotel
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Right, who wants to win Ireland Vs Andorra Tickets??
                                                    Celtic Horizon Tours, Maynooth. 33,344 likes · 96 talking about this · 11 were here. Celtic Horizon Tours are one of Irelands leading tour operators. Visit the Quality Travel Experts at

click like under Mike McLoughlin, If I win them, I'll raffle them off or poker them off between everyone who's clicked like, as I cant go. Lets win one of these things!
                                                    bump.
                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

just finished series 3 of the wire

SPOILER
                                                      holy shit they killed stringer!!!!!
                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by GOD View Post
                                                        What if God was one of us?
                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                          I forgive you for you know not what you say.

Comment

"Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni has been dealt another blow ahead of Friday's Euro 2012 qualifier in Armenia following the withdrawal of defender Paul McShane."

Losing McShane is a blow????? Lol, just lol.

Comment

Was away for last 10days, cliff notes on BBV shenanigans?
                                                              ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                              I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

its hard enough convincing people on here that your a normal villager, Good luck to anyone who is going to come out with that revelation

Comment

where is good to stay in dublin tomorrow night, for getting to the port thurs morning, with a car park that will fit a van?
                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

bump.
                                                                    Just done that and stuck it up on my page also so that should get you a few more. GL

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                      its hard enough convincing people on here that your a normal villager, Good luck to anyone who is going to come out with that revelation
                                                                      No,I mean like a stranger on a bus.

Comment

just trying to make his way home?

Comment

You're all a bunch of slobs

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                                                            Was away for last 10days, cliff notes on BBV shenanigans?
                                                                            Pgodkin spends all his time shiting and typing and blames all his illiteracy on apple correct.
                                                                            And this forum is plagued with proddys and athiest's .
                                                                            Brian Byrnes mum is hawt and takes no shit.

Comment

No,I mean like a stranger on a bus.
                                                                              just trying to make his way home?

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                Brian Byrnes mum is hawt and takes no shit.
                                                                                was there a pic posted that i missed??

Comment

I think it's the opposite. I don't understand the"a la carte" christians at all. Now I think Christianity is crackers but if I actually believed, than god/jesus died for my sins and his salvation is the only way to heaven etc, than how could you not just dedicate your life to it?
                                                                                  70 years of slight annoyance followed by eternity in perfection. It's a snap call.

I'm pretty convinced that most people of this nature are not really Christians at all as they haven't got a clue what the religion really states and, sadly, the default position for those who don't know better in this country is Catholic.
                                                                                  (This is not to say all Christians are stupid btw)

In terms of atheism. It doesn't require any thought whatsoever.
                                                                                  Do I think god exists? No, ok then. So what's for lunch.
                                                                                  You can be the stupidest person alive or a noble prize winner and it requires the same amount of thought. Practically none.
                                                                                  The bolded bit is so completely wrong that I suddenly understand what Kayroo means.
                                                                                  OK there are people who never think about anything or question anything they are told by authority - that's not who we are talking about here they will behave the same whether its Archbishop McQuaid, Adolf Hitler or the daily Star telling them what to think.

The point of organised religion is that people can absolve themselves of the need to have to figure stuff out for themselves. It doesn't matter what the situation is you have your opinion ready formed and handed to you on a plate. 12 year old raped and pregnant - abortion is a mortaller no need to think about it. Someone dying slowly in agony wants to go to check out - let them suffer suicide is always wrong.
                                                                                  I am loathe to call people out about it but I have yet to meet a single Catholic who actually really believes the dogma, the wise ones understand they are following it for the good of the institution, the rest are just hypocrites in deep denial.
                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                    Reminds of this pic I took out near Ballyscanlon with the dog yesterday.

I should probably stop finding things like this funny.

Comment

Just a word of warning for anyone around the D3 area. Two traveller lads (aged about 50 and 18) are after trying to break into the house. Messing with the lock on the back door (the back door is a good 40 yards off the road) My brother was making sandwiches in the kitchen and stuck his head out the window and asked what they were doing, I think he was stunnned more then anything. They asked if there was a party in the house tonight and when he said know they left. He rang the gards and they said that they've been doing the rounds.
                                                                                      Bear in mind that there were two cars in the driveway so it wasn't as if most likely no one was at home.
                                                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                        Just a word of warning for anyone around the D3 area. Two traveller lads (aged about 50 and 18) are after trying to break into the house. Messing with the lock on the back door (the back door is a good 40 yards off the road) My brother was making sandwiches in the kitchen and stuck his head out the window and asked what they were doing, I think he was stunnned more then anything. They asked if there was a party in the house tonight and when he said know they left. He rang the gards and they said that they've been doing the rounds.
                                                                                        Bear in mind that there were two cars in the driveway so it wasn't as if most likely no one was at home.
                                                                                        Cheeky cnuts.

That'll make a good thread title though imo: BBV preventing Pikey break ins since 2010.

Comment

Any Economics? bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                            Felt what i think was something snapping in the front of my thigh after 1 min of football tonight.

Had to stop playing and now its painful to walk or bend my leg.

Should i go to the hospital to get it checked out or just put some ice on it and see how it is in the morning??
                                                                                            Update on this is not good.

Did what BK and the rest said re ice and elevation etc, if was improving all week and felt much better by today so went to football and tried taking a shot before we started and it was just severe pain again so couldnt play.

Whats the usual recovery time for a pulled quad and can i go to a sports physio to speed up recovery time or anything??
                                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Did what BK and the rest said re ice and elevation etc, if was improving all week and felt much better by today so went to football and tried taking a shot before we started and it was just severe pain again so couldnt play.

Whats the usual recovery time for a pulled quad and can i go to a sports physio to speed up recovery time or anything??
                                                                                              Itll heal up fine itself with rest, but may take a while.

Getting to a physio for proper advice, a decent massage to clear the scar tissue and use that ultrasound (I think) machine is a very very very good idea.
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I think a lot of other people have touched on what my original post re: religion was intended to convey.

First off, there are hard and fast facts about religions, all religions, that really do put things into perspective. Why Christmas day is the 25th of December, why Catholics say the Nicean Creed, why the Church of England was founded, why the Muslim faith spread so quickly across north Africa, the conflicting arguments over where the successor of St. Peter should be located, etc. All of these reveal that religion is a political force, not a spiritual one, that uses fear of death as a control over people.

Secondly, any actual average atheist will almost always have spent far more time thinking about religion and their connection and interaction with it than an average person of a particular religious faith. Particularly christian sects such as Catholicism.

Thirdly, as other posters have so brilliantly put it, a la carte Catholics are a joke. When I play football I can't choose to ignore the offside rule because it doesn't fit with my own personal feelings as to the rules of the game. Either you are Catholic or you aren't. My favourite example of this is the debate that kicked up on Joe Duffy before the summer about priests requiring couples to take marriage courses with the PP before they could use the local church and what right did a priest have to lecture me on marriage etc. Joe listened and whined as sympathetically as ever and I felt like punching the wall. If you want to use their church you have to abide by their rules. Same with the Communion fiasco. Just cause little Johnny isn't Catholic doesn't mean he shouldn't be able to have his first communion with his friends. YES IT DOES!!!

Lastly; I would wager a sizeable sum that if you stopped and asked any random 15 people under the age of 40, as they came out of Church on a Saturday night or Sunday morning, to explain what happens when the priest blesses the host and what exactly they put in their mouth, you would not find 3 that genuinely and wholeheartedly believe they put the actual flesh of Jesus Christ in their mouths.

Religion is the largest cop out from reason that exists in the world.
                                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  The bolded bit is so completely wrong that I suddenly understand what Kayroo means.
                                                                                                  OK there are people who never think about anything or question anything they are told by authority - that's not who we are talking about here they will behave the same whether its Archbishop McQuaid, Adolf Hitler or the daily Star telling them what to think.

The point of organised religion is that people can absolve themselves of the need to have to figure stuff out for themselves. It doesn't matter what the situation is you have your opinion ready formed and handed to you on a plate. 12 year old raped and pregnant - abortion is a mortaller no need to think about it. Someone dying slowly in agony wants to go to check out - let them suffer suicide is always wrong.
                                                                                                  I am loathe to call people out about it but I have yet to meet a single Catholic who actually really believes the dogma, the wise ones understand they are following it for the good of the institution, the rest are just hypocrites in deep denial.
                                                                                                  How is it completely wrong? I am not saying atheists don't think. Hell I'm a atheist who likes lurking the A&A forum as I can find some of th debates rather interesting but you don't have to ever give God a second thought, can just view it the same as fairies etc. Just not something that ever registers with you.

Comment

This is a music by a real band who are popular in the US

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs[/ame]

Just goes to show what type of person believes in this shit.

Listen to the whole song very lol worthy.

Spoofs are great

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGbdomlBnJM[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaeN0iEd5f8[/ame]
                                                                                                    Last edited by MegaSin; 31-08-10, 20:53.

Comment

Non Head Gasket car advice please tl/dr

Ok here is the story

Took the car down to get the ignition barrel changed as it was fukked. When Tony and I were in Scotland we were told by my dads friend who is a mechanic that we needed the rocker cover gasket done as the head was leaking oil. Grand, not that big a deal etc.

I mentioned this at the garage the other day along with the fact the brake pads needed done as I was borderline for passing the NCT.

I was told the car would be ready at lunchtime. I gave an extra couple of hours and rang them and they said call back as they were steam cleaning engine to look for oil leak. Fine, did that and was told to come get car.

He said he didnt do rocker cover gasket as he couldn't find a leak and thought the oil that was on engine was from a spill. He commented the car not running that great and another mechanic mentioned he thought I needed my Coil Packs changed (They need done every couple of years on Renault Scenics) I said I had them all changed there end of Feb and nothing wrong with them as the car was fine other than the ignition thing.

Drove the car home, sounded like it was miss firing all the time and would not go over 40mph. There was a vibration when I did get to 40mph.

I called garage and he said it was like that, I said it was not and I had not long drove it back from Scotland and it was running like a fkn tractor now.

He told me to bring it in tomorrow morning and they stick on diagnostic machine. He had mentioned a few probs earlier that would require putting on machine and I said I would get it done soon.

I KNOW the car was not running like this. My question all mighty BBV is..

Is there a chance them steam cleaning the engine has fukked something and caused my coil leads/packs to short in some way? I don't think it is a coincidence at all and not paying for them to be replaced at €80 a shot (there are 4 of them) when they were changed in Scotland with proper Renault ones.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on something like this? want to be armed in them morning!

Comment

So my fucking landlord wants to take €300 out of our deposit to steam clean a corner sofa and a carpet. Its obviously bullshit and an extortionate amount but whats my next move?

Comment

Definitely go an see a physio. I had a very mild quad strain and I did similiar to you and went back training and first time I went to jump I felt it straight away. After that I took two weeks off then did some light jogging on the 3rd week and in the 4th week did some non-weighted exercises along with jogging(pushed the pace up a bit more) and was grand by the 5th week. I'd say a proper physio will get you back a lot quicker though.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                            Lastly; I would wager a sizeable sum that if you stopped and asked any random 15 people under the age of 40, as they came out of Church on a Saturday night or Sunday morning, to explain what happens when the priest blesses the host and what exactly they put in their mouth, you would not find 3 that genuinely and wholeheartedly believe they put the actual flesh of Jesus Christ in their mouths.
                                                                                                            Lol this reminded me of my dad, a life long (78 year old) practicing Catholic, sudden moment of clarity last Christmas, that Mary was a virgin.
                                                                                                            Can't remember his exact words, it was something along the lines of; 'wtf was Joseph doing staying with her, and herself knocked up by some 'mysterious spirit''.
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              Ok here is the story

Took the car down to get the ignition barrel changed as it was fukked. When Tony and I were in Scotland we were told by my dads friend who is a mechanic that we needed the rocker cover gasket done as the head was leaking oil. Grand, not that big a deal etc.

I mentioned this at the garage the other day along with the fact the brake pads needed done as I was borderline for passing the NCT.

I was told the car would be ready at lunchtime. I gave an extra couple of hours and rang them and they said call back as they were steam cleaning engine to look for oil leak. Fine, did that and was told to come get car.

He said he didnt do rocker cover gasket as he couldn't find a leak and thought the oil that was on engine was from a spill. He commented the car not running that great and another mechanic mentioned he thought I needed my Coil Packs changed (They need done every couple of years on Renault Scenics) I said I had them all changed there end of Feb and nothing wrong with them as the car was fine other than the ignition thing.

Drove the car home, sounded like it was miss firing all the time and would not go over 40mph. There was a vibration when I did get to 40mph.

I called garage and he said it was like that, I said it was not and I had not long drove it back from Scotland and it was running like a fkn tractor now.

He told me to bring it in tomorrow morning and they stick on diagnostic machine. He had mentioned a few probs earlier that would require putting on machine and I said I would get it done soon.

Is there a chance them steam cleaning the engine has fukked something and caused my coil leads/packs to short in some way? I don't think it is a coincidence at all and not paying for them to be replaced at €80 a shot (there are 4 of them) when they were changed in Scotland with proper Renault ones.

Anyone have any experience or knowledge on something like this? want to be armed in them morning!
                                                                                                              Cowboys imo

Comment

Ok here is the story

Renaults always have had trouble with coil packs. The AA carry them around in the back of their vans all the time. Used to fix them on a regualr basis, i think they are the pencil type. No option but to get it done Gill i'm afraid. A mechanic can check each one individually and tell you how many you need.

Comment

Hell I'm a atheist who likes lurking the A&A forum
                                                                                                                  tut tut

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                    Definitely go an see a physio. I had a very mild quad strain and I did similiar to you and went back training and first time I went to jump I felt it straight away. After that I took two weeks off then did some light jogging on the 3rd week and in the 4th week did some non-weighted exercises along with jogging(pushed the pace up a bit more) and was grand by the 5th week. I'd say a proper physio will get you back a lot quicker though.
                                                                                                                    Yeah i think i will go see one, id go insane if it took 5 weeks to get back to 100%.

Thanks for the advice.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Is there a chance them steam cleaning the engine has fukked something and caused my coil leads/packs to short in some way?
                                                                                                                      Yeah I would think so, though to be honest I know nothing about cars, purely a bike man me. Of the 30 or so mechanics/garages I've used over the years, I trust about 1.45 of them with anything.
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Anyone for a game of Chinese poker on Paddy Power 10cent a point 5$ minimum buy in?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X