This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
    FYP. Also I think I may very well have to track down and kill the evil bitch who was throwing the puppies in the river, why the fuck did I click that link.

was it Cruella de Ville?????
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
      FYP. Also I think I may very well have to track down and kill the evil bitch who was throwing the puppies in the river, why the fuck did I click that link.
      You mean she wasnt teaching them how to swim ?
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
        This guy has serious mental issues!
        Also, Amanda Leatherman is sooo fuckin hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etS5P...eature=related
        WTF ? Knee socks....
        This too shall pass.

Comment

<-- Another member of the BBV Orange LOL Order.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Proddys should be banned surely

Comment

Traders of BBV, what on earth are Forex signals and how would one make money by selling them?
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Proddys should be banned surely
                We'll hold a special mass for them this weekend to pray for their eternally damned souls.

Obviously none of us will go to it, but still, it's the thought that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  We'll hold a special mass for them this weekend to pray for their eternally damned souls.

Obviously none of us will go to it, but still, it's the thought that counts.
                  The great IPB civil war of 2010 led to much wanton destruction and many innocent casualties. At the end, the Protestants won, which was to be expected really.

Comment

Time for a Counter-Reformation imo

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                      Time for a Counter-Reformation imo
                      only if we can have an Inquisition, we could even get El Tren to be chief inquisitor

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        only if we can have an Inquisition, we could even get El Tren to be chief inquisitor
                        I didn't expect a Spanish inquisitor ......
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Last ever episode of THE BILL on tonight folks. A sad occasion.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                            Traders of BBV, what on earth are Forex signals and how would one make money by selling them?
                            Explination here

It's not for someone inexperienced as you use leverage and could potentially lose more money than you have on deposit.

Also with a constant news flow affecting these markets on a daily basis you would need to be paying attention all the time. It’s not something you can bet on and forget about, it requires a good deal of effort.

In saying that the leverage does allow you to build huge positions and if things go your way there is potential to make serious money.

I use IG Index. They are probably the best around.
                            You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Andronicus is another word that crops up. One time at a wedding i nudged my brother as the priest said Andronicus and i whispered "Titus Andronicus"(after the horse!).

Comment

I don't know if many of you remember Dave Allen. Brilliant story teller. He told a great one of how he learned to bless himself when aged 4 or so. He was at a funeral and he heard what he thought the priest was saying as they were lowering the coffin. In the name of the Father and of the Son, and into the hole he goes. This was how he remembered to bless himself for years until he got a clip around the ears. Some mothers on our road wouldn't allow their kids to watch Dave Allen but despite my mothers staunch religeous views, she has a wicked sense of humour and let us watch it every time often laughing louder than any of us. The humour was basic but it's still highly amusing today. (well to me)
                                Signed off every show, good night and may your god go with you. Shocking in it's day.

In fact in my Will, I'm going to request that EVERYBODY at the funeral join in and say , INTO THE HOLE HE GOES
                                Just as the priest is finished. One last LOL IMO.
                                Last edited by Solskjaer; 31-08-10, 14:42.

Comment

ok had to run out and buy rossary beads there
                                  and i now have them wrapped around the laptop to see can i convert some of the pagan heedon hordes that have sought shelter here.
                                  if i cannot be reached for a while it is because iam in the middle of a rossary for yere poor souls and splashing holy water at the screen and burning incense and other such religous smelly things.

if all other catholics on bbv join me in this makeshift ceremony/sham maybe we could convert some of these pagans to jesus.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

lol Religion, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                      Explination here

It's not for someone inexperienced as you use leverage and could potentially lose more money than you have on deposit.

Also with a constant news flow affecting these markets on a daily basis you would need to be paying attention all the time. It’s not something you can bet on and forget about, it requires a good deal of effort.

In saying that the leverage does allow you to build huge positions and if things go your way there is potential to make serious money.

I use IG Index. They are probably the best around.
                                      am i right in assuming you are trading currencies?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley-Ball View Post
                                        and i now have them wrapped around the laptop to see can i convert some of the pagan heedon hordes that have sought shelter here.
                                        if i cannot be reached for a while it is because iam in the middle of a rossary for yere poor souls and splashing holy water at the screen and burning incense and other such religous smelly things.

if all other catholics on bbv join me in this makeshift ceremony/sham maybe we could convert some of these pagans to jesus.
                                        Fuck Jesus. And fuck you.

It's good to be a proddy bastard.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley-Ball View Post

I'm feeling an urge to light some candles all right

also a strange desire to perform an exorcism

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxo81Ok9Urk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              The great IPB civil war of 2010 led to much wanton destruction and many innocent casualties. At the end, the Protestants won, which was to be expected really.

Comment

OMG. Nobody saw this one coming.

Comment

Something I've come to realise having had a lot of discussions about religion is that when most people talk about religion; be they atheist, agnostic, catholic or whatever your tipple is, they really have no idea what they are talking about.

This goes x 1,000 for anyone under the age of 21 who says they are an atheist.
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Check out this great gag by Emo Philips relating to divisions of Christianity, starts at 2:40

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBKIyCbppfs[/ame]

How about some Buddhism? Many don't consider it as a religion (including me), but I've become interested in it over the past 6 months due to the fact that recent developments in psychotherapy and psychology have both borrowed from it and corroborated some of its essential teachings through science. Mindfulness, for example, is huge atm in psychotherapy.

I thoroughly recommend getting from the cousins Jack Kornfield - Collection of AudioBooks. Kornfield is an American clinical psychologist who is also a Buddhist monk. He has a great voice to listen to as well, and he quotes widely with great quotes. I get a lot from listening to his stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                      Something I've come to realise having had a lot of discussions about religion is that when most people talk about religion; be they atheist, agnostic, catholic or whatever your tipple is, they really have no idea what they are talking about.

Wow trilogies, theology, you know it all Kayroo.

Pray tell (pardon the pun) what you know about the Catholic religeon that we 'the drooling masses' (oops another pun) don't know.

Have you seen him?

Comment

+1.

I havent a notion. Not a clue about religion. I just dont "get it". I'd say this is true for ~90%, if not more of people my age.

I don't even understand how Religion can play such a big role in peoples lives. For example, heard of a guy stopping his car on the M50 to pray there last week, I know its during Ramadan but really, on the M50? A motorway.

Similarly, My Granny, I'd say she spends more time in the church than at home. Batshit crazy imo.

I suspect though that someday I'll be much more understanding towards this type of nutty behaviour. Til then though, I'll stick to Goals on Sunday with a ridiculous hangover rather than sitting in a cold lifeless church with 500 other similarly confused homies.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                          Wow trilogies, theology, you know it all Kayroo.

Pray tell (pardon the pun) what you know about the Catholic religeon that we 'the drooling masses' (oops another pun) don't know.

Have you seen him?
                                                          I wasn't speaking about anyone here in particular Willie. RDIII seemed to know his stuff and most Irish people over roughly 40 have a very solid knowledge of Catholicism due to the nature of their education.

In fact this forum would be a poor sample given the analytical nature of most poker players lending them towards a less emotional reaction to religion for the most part.

I also was not speaking about Catholicism, I was speaking about religion as a general concept.

Comment

What about a 17 year old Nihilist. What do you mean by the atheist statement?
                                                            Last edited by RasTa; 31-08-10, 15:19.

Comment

What about a 17 year old Nihilists
                                                              They don't care what anyone thinks about them so there's no need to have an opinion.

Comment

RDIII seemed to know his stuff
                                                                I've built a career on this misconception

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                  Log out and have a look. If you still can't see Smilies, its nothing to do with your account settings, and would seem to be something to do with your browser.

Have you tried clearing your cache, or even try a CTRL+F5, which will force a cache refresh, although i can't see that doing much as the smilies should be in your cache I'd have thought.

Also, will you answer this question: Do you expect a smilie to appear when you type :angry face:?

just screengrab the smile control panel in admin settings or put a hyperlink on on the posting screen to the list of smilies, its a java pop out that should be packed with your bb release.
                                                                  it'll have all the codes for him.
                                                                  as an aside, I only ever use the posting screen when quoting or posting a new thread and use the codes anyway
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                    OMG. Nobody saw this one coming.

Worst. Photoshop. Ever.

He looks like he'd topple over there from the top heavy head in that mock up.

Comment

i have to say after much discussion with my learnered born again christian friend devout catholics are something i don't understand.

once a week type stuff i understand. but if you actually believe/understand/study the subject i findit hard to believe that catholicism is the route you would take.
                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 31-08-10, 15:32.

Comment

My Dad was a prodestant but he converted to catholic when i was 7 , infact he made his first communion the same day i did .

I have 2 older brothers and when we were younger we were dragged to bible studies, charismatic meetings, rosaries . Every night it was something religious.
                                                                        Now today my eldest brother is a total waste of space time and energy after spending most of his adult life lying, thieving, and causing harm to anything that he ever came into contact with ,ie: a scumbag of the highest order.

The middle lad is now a baptised bishop into the jehovas witness after he married one and got brainwashed to convert . Incidently he used to be a eucharistic minister , which was funny as i always made sure i went to him for communion and made faces as i approached him and watched him try to keep a straight face.

And then you have me Nuff said.

So what good has all my mothers insistance of drilling religion into us done .

Ok im still a catholic but not one that goes to mass every wk . I have tried to teach my kids the essential things in life like being curteous and polite and respecting others and themselves which i have to say i am very proud of the 2 of them . I think i was blessed with them as they are nothing like i was ( Thank God ).

The eldest lad is a lost cause and is reminisent of the Anti-Christ and the other lad has found the need to turn his back on the catholic religion alltogether.

I just think if kids are taught right from wrong and have respect for themselves they will grow up ok and be able to choose whatever religion they want without having it drilled into them.

Comment

Ship the tickets to guns n roses!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for your help really appreciate it!!
                                                                          Especially Gill for going out of your way to get lots of votes!!
                                                                          And Downtown for the legendary comments!

Thanks again lads and lassies

yours sincerly

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                            Knew it.
                                                                            I can sniff out these COI merchants. I'm guessing Strewelpeter is one also. My Proddy radar tingles whenever he posts.
                                                                            Kayroo is another suspect. If it weren't for their damn fine Hymns I'd take a flamethrower to the place.
                                                                            Although Harry Seycome singing on a Sunday made me crave death. My ol wan was a sadist at times.

*surprised we havn't got Fr Jack on here yet, THAT WOULD BE AN.....
                                                                            I saw an 'oul lad out in Ballyfermot pasting up posters advertising a protest against the proposed royal visit.
                                                                            I was inmagining you out with an armful of them

I was Laughing my arse off at him and calling him a fucking imbecile when I read it, it reads something along the lines of:

Public Protest
                                                                            No royal visit
                                                                            Sunday the nth of September
                                                                            O'Connell Street

All Welcome

www. fascist-scumbags.ie

All welcome WTF just how stupid are these people?
                                                                            I'd have stopped and taken a picture but yer man looked a bit confused by being shouted at and called a fucking imbecile and I think he might have wanted to hit me
                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-08-10, 15:35.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I know enough about religion to know that I don't like it.

Comment

Catholicism seems pretty cool - but only if you can become a priest, or better still a bishop. Ideally pope.

lots of perks for them on the inside

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                  Driving to work on the M50 each morning is pretty tilting, the amount of drivers who don't know how to drive on a motorway is just shocking. The slow lane is the fastest lane to travel in a lot of the time.

Also can't wait for the the new N3/M50 junction to fully open tomorrow. It's gonna be great for my commute to Leopardstown each day.
                                                                                  leopardstown you say?
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I also was not speaking about Catholicism, I was speaking about religion as a general concept.
                                                                                    Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or a set of beliefs concerning the origin and purpose of the universe. (Wiki)

So how is one persons knowledge of such a subjective concept more valuable or valid than another's?

Is my belief that human beings are the result of a breeding program conducted by a race of reptilians called Anunnaki from the Draco constellation, and that what we call reality is nothing but a "five-sense illusion," or holographic experience less valuable than belief in Jebus?

Comment

Speaking of the droolers who go around polluting the country with half assed moronic political litter, the one guy I would love to catch in the act is the utter cretin who goes around sticking the little stickers with 'Gealgaie' on any construction or temporary sign that doesn't have Irish on it.
                                                                                      No one, not even you, speaks your language you fucking moron now fuck off and die.

Comment

I wasn't speaking about anyone here in particular Willie. RDIII seemed to know his stuff and most Irish people over roughly 40 have a very solid knowledge of Catholicism due to the nature of their education.

In fact this forum would be a poor sample given the analytical nature of most poker players lending them towards a less emotional reaction to religion for the most part.

Are you saying people don't understand religeon itself? Why we are driven to our belief systems? In the context of a debate you might have had on the subject, tell me what in your experience did they not understand about the concept?
                                                                                        It seems pretty straightforward to me and from listening to youngsters nowadys they seems to understand and question religeon way more than anyone over 40 did when they were younger. If you are talking philosophy I'm sure the verabage around the concept when removed will ultimately arrive at the same conclusion that a normal intelligent person will arrive at. IE The cul de sac all theologists/philosphers arrive at . We don't know the answer we just fight over the question.

Comment

Religion Shmeligion

Comment

Sick move by dangerous right wing tits in the US.

Source

Glenn Beck Insane-O-Matic Quote Generator
                                                                                            With a mix of moral lessons, frequent outrage and a dark view of the future, his programs draw millions of followers.
                                                                                            Raoul?

Becky Benson, 56, traveled from Orlando, Florida, because, she said, “we believe in Jesus Christ,” and Jesus, she said, would not have agreed with the economic stimulus package, bank bailouts and welfare.
                                                                                            Jesus says no to handouts

Comment

Where in town are the Scientologists, I wana sign up tomorrow. Nothing else to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                I saw an 'oul lad out in Ballyfermot pasting up posters advertising a protest against the proposed royal visit.
                                                                                                I was inmagining you out with an armful of them

I was Laughing my arse off at him and calling him a fucking imbecile when I read it, it reads something along the lines of:

Public Protest
                                                                                                No royal visit
                                                                                                Sunday the nth of September
                                                                                                O'Connell Street

All Welcome

www. fascist-scumbags.ie

All welcome WTF just how stupid are these people?
                                                                                                I'd have stopped and taken a picture but yer man looked a bit confused by being shouted at and called a fucking imbecile and I think he might have wanted to hit me
                                                                                                I've no qualms with the Queen visiting O'Connell street. I'd neither protest nor welcome her.

But fuck you very much anyway.

Comment

Why is the Queen visiting, why would she want to come here and why would we be bothered with the Queen visiting?

Comment

Reminded of a quote from the Simpsons where Bart converts to Catholicism.
                                                                                                    Lisa says something about being a Bhuddist and the priest (voiced by Liam Neeson) says,'' Bhuddist?!! Ha ha ha, I suppose every child has an imaginary friend"

Comment

Finally got round to putting a picture on my hendon mob profile.

I asked for this

How it ended up looking like this I'll never know

Comment

Religion is the belief in and worship of a god or gods, or a set of beliefs concerning the origin and purpose of the universe. (Wiki)

So how is one persons knowledge of such a subjective concept more valuable or valid than another's?

Is my belief that human beings are the result of a breeding program conducted by a race of reptilians called Anunnaki from the Draco constellation, and that what we call reality is nothing but a "five-sense illusion," or holographic experience less valuable than belief in Jebus?
                                                                                                        By any chance have you been out with Hitchiker ??

Comment

I went to school in one of the first multidenominational schools in Ireland. Just looking at their mission statement

To help children appreciate and value the natural beauty of the world, care for the environment and encourage aesthetic awareness.
                                                                                                          To develop a questioning approach to the world by observing and examining the systems and structures of communities and societies.

Comment

so they just give them acid?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              Why is the Queen visiting, why would she want to come here and why would we be bothered with the Queen visiting?
                                                                                                              There are a lot of old people who were brought up in a religion that taught them that everything that was wrong in the world was because of Cromwell and the Black and Tans. These old people liked to murder and maim people who were of a different religion to them.
                                                                                                              There are still plenty of these old fools around and there are plenty of young fools whose heads are just waiting to be filled up with drivel by the old fools.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                so they just give them acid?
                                                                                                                Nah just the teachers took it, was fun times. We even called them by their first names, none of this sir crap. We also had no uniforms and lovely girls.

Comment

Carlton Cole lol Liverpool fans....

Oh wait......SHIT!!!

Comment

What about a 17 year old Nihilist.
                                                                                                                    I was going to say it, but seeing your avatar its too obvious.

Comment

Nah just the teachers took it, was fun times. We even called them by their first names, none of this sir crap. We also had no uniforms and lovely girls.
                                                                                                                      Was this Mount Mental by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        There are a lot of old people who were brought up in a religion that taught them that everything that was wrong in the world was because of Cromwell and the Black and Tans. These old people liked to murder and maim people who were of a different religion to them.
                                                                                                                        There are still plenty of these old fools around and there are plenty of young fools whose heads are just waiting to be filled up with drivel by the old fools.
                                                                                                                        I think they were rhetorical questions

Comment

anyone know if anywhere in Dublin does Twizzlers?
                                                                                                                          Meant to geta load in the US and Forgot

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X