This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
    Sick move by dangerous right wing tits in the US.

Source

Glenn Beck Insane-O-Matic Quote Generator
    Glenn Beck is just a crazy man. I've watched his show a few times while in the states, and he is just loopers.

iirc, The Daily Show get plenty of material from him.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      Anyone going to Guns n' Roses tomorrow night?
      David Dougan is def heading along

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Glenn Beck is just a crazy man. I've watched his show a few times while in the states, and he is just loopers.

sure he's a Mormon isn't he?

they're off the charts as regards loopyism - do they even count as Christians?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
          Driving to work on the M50 each morning is pretty tilting, the amount of drivers who don't know how to drive on a motorway is just shocking. The slow lane is the fastest lane to travel in a lot of the time.

Also can't wait for the the new N3/M50 junction to fully open tomorrow. It's gonna be great for my commute to Leopardstown each day.
          Also couldn't agree more!
          I know us northerners don't exactly have the best reputation for dirving down here but I can assure you we aren't half as bad as the stuff I witness daily in Dublin and in particular on the M50.
          I think the gardai could do a lot more with regards to pulling people on constant mistakes, like everyone cruising in the overtaking lane - well below the speed limit, people turning right on a round about (270° & beyond) yet staying in the LHS lane the whole way round. You rarely see someone indicating down here & everyone is in too much of a hurry to race up to a red light rather than let you out!

Poker never really tilts me, the M50 tilts me everytime
          Belfast, even with all it's hostility & conflict, is a much more courteous place to drive!
          . .

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

He was born to be on Fox, whatever his religion is.

Comment

Yeah, the Daily Show and Colbert report have been ripping him apart for years, and they've given this a fair old crack the last few weeks too.

Madness.

Comment

I have an interior design dilemma, and need some advice.

Moved into new apartment, and they have positioned the TV connections in one of the worst spots imaginable, it's in a corner beside a jutting out wall with one of those wall mounted fireplaces. My 60" Samsung now pretty much touches the edge of the fireplace which isn't ideal and does look a bit cramped.

It kind of damages the aesthetics of the room slightly, and I have a 40" new Sony Bravia that came with the apartment that is probably the optimal size for the space in that corner. I've always been of the opinion that you can never have a big enough TV but should I change this, and go for the smaller one to enhance the overall look of the room or just say f*ck that and stick with the bigger one?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  WTF are the Emmys about?
                  I went to see how many Treme won and it turns out that it only got two low profile nominations
                  But it turns out that that is as many nominations as the Wire got in five years and it won none. LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M1Iagf3GSs
                  Bryan Craston and Aaron Paul got one each, well deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Moved into new apartment, and they have positioned the TV connections in one of the worst spots imaginable, it's in a corner beside a jutting out wall with one of those wall mounted fireplaces. My 60" Samsung now pretty much touches the edge of the fireplace which isn't ideal and does look a bit cramped.

It kind of damages the aesthetics of the room slightly, and I have a 40" new Sony Bravia that came with the apartment that is probably the optimal size for the space in that corner. I've always been of the opinion that you can never have a big enough TV but should I change this, and go for the smaller one to enhance the overall look of the room or just say f*ck that and stick with the bigger one?
                    Can you not move the TV somewhere else and run a lead across?

Mans law states you need the biggest TV possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      i missed out on a UKIPT seat because Doke is a Jammy Luckbox donkey

bah

ijfhuoerhongwejrgwherughlqe;rfowemmnnevntjrm'ewe'r ,l
                      LOL, didn't realise this was you. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.
                      My poker blog - Doking around in cyberspace

Comment

Hang the 60" on the wall .
                        Simples

Comment

Dual TV setup imo. 40" in one corner. 60" in the other corner.

God knows you watch enough sport on TV, it will be useful!

Comment

I'm going - big gang of us, can't wait!

Supposed to have a flying lesson in the early evening and I managed to pull a muscle in my neck yesterday during a gym session, I can't turn my head around to the left as far as usual, really hope it doesn't adversely affect the experience.

Comment

Use the 40'' I will look after the 60'' for you

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                Sick move by dangerous right wing tits in the US.

Source

Glenn Beck Insane-O-Matic Quote Generator
                                Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                Yeah, the Daily Show and Colbert report have been ripping him apart for years, and they've given this a fair old crack the last few weeks too.

Madness.

Hah, that's scary how many people turned up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3J_QLtYqlk[/ame]
                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

All that Ultimate Warrior talk earlier on reminded me of his match against HHH at Wrestlemania XII. What an absolute squash job! His reaction to the pedigree is hilarious. Pretty funny when you think about HHH's position in the company these days.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x22...hhh-wres_sport

I've been out of the wrestling loop for about 2 years now. Watch the odd episode of TNA. With regards to that, AJ Styles is such an outstanding talent. He wrestled over here for Irish Whip Wrestling against Christopher Daniels a good few years ago and it was the best live match i've ever seen. Actually, Sheamus was on that card too. Back then he was known as Sheamus O'Shaunessy (SOS) and tbh, except for his size, he was totally forgettable. He's improved so much since then.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                    Hang the 60" on the wall .
                                    Simples
                                    Is this hard to do? Are there any companies that do this?

Am I alright to do this in rented accommodation or do I need to get the landlords permission? Is it a big job?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm completely clueless about DIY and stuff like this.

Comment

Is this hard to do? Are there any companies that do this?

Am I alright to do this in rented accommodation or do I need to get the landlords permission? Is it a big job?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm completely clueless about DIY and stuff like this.
                                      Just go into any shop that sells tv's, they will have the correct brackets/fittings needed. Drill a few holes, simples. I would ask the landlord first but tbh he shouldn't have any prob with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                        Bryan Craston and Aaron Paul got one each, well deserved.
                                        Yo!
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Fuck You. There's some advice.
                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                            Just go into any shop that sells tv's, they will have the correct brackets/fittings needed. Drill a few holes, simples. I would ask the landlord first but tbh he shouldn't have any prob with it.
                                            Just be careful if it's a partition wall obv.
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

This guy has serious mental issues!
                                              Also, Amanda Leatherman is sooo fuckin hot.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etS5PIlW6Uw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etS5PIlW6Uw&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Looks like they ae giving away 2 pairs of tickets to see Guns n Roses! They have put up a new link which will be open until 4pm so anyone who hasn't voted for me heres the link http://www.facebook.com/spin1038?v=w...50417441643186 and if you could get your mates to pass it on it would be great!

Thanks everyone

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                  Supposed to have a flying lesson in the early evening and I managed to pull a muscle in my neck yesterday during a gym session, I can't turn my head around to the left as far as usual, really hope it doesn't adversely affect the experience.
                                                  as long as you don't engage in any WW2 style dogfights, you should be OK

Comment

1st take down the 100" picture of Tiger, this will take the eye away from any showpiece TV. If you have to downsize the TV, move the sofa much nearer to it to reduce the effect. Also a decent electricain can put up a socket for you if needs be. I'm sure el Landlordio won't mind that addition. For me it would the the Electrician and the 60incher.

PS. I strongly recommend A Prophet. Very good movie. *Think I got the recommendation from here.

Comment

Anglo only lost 8.2 billion for the first half of this year

outstanding performance chaps
                                                      TL;DR
                                                      I still don't understand what is the point of Nama in all this?

Say for instance:
                                                      A wannabee property developer borrows 100 Milion to build a town centre.
                                                      Anglo raise money from a mixture of banks like JP Morgan, Central banks like UK and the ECB and smaller depositers with money to invest like credit unions and the dude who got 10 Million for the bit of bog that is now to become a new town centre.
                                                      Now theree years later instead of generating the 250 Mil the biz plan said it would the whole lot is valued at 50Mil and whatever rents and cash it has generated so far has been sucked up by interest and the cost of keeping the doors opened.
                                                      Nama come in and say we will take it off you for 50 Mil and Anglo write off the other 50 Mil
                                                      Anglo still owe the 100 Mil to JP Morgan and we the taxpayer have decided to underwrite all the bondholders and if Anglo close their doors or if the Bondholders ask for their money back then you and me are going to have to hand it over. But Anglo have given away any assets they had that could ever have hoped to generate revenue to Nama at a knockdown price and we have created this whole new institution with all the attendant costs to manage those assets. At the same time the Government own Anglo ... So what is the point of Nama again
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                                                        Looks like they ae giving away 2 pairs of tickets to see Guns n Roses! They have put up a new link which will be open until 4pm so anyone who hasn't voted for me heres the link http://www.facebook.com/spin1038?v=w...50417441643186 and if you could get your mates to pass it on it would be great!

Thanks everyone
                                                        lol not again

Comment

Speaking of Loopy, I remember when I was making my 1st communion and I was told if you bite the communion you are biting into the body of Jesus Christ. Well being 6 I couldn't resist snapping the choppers into it and I'd be chewing it like gum (sheer boldness I guess) Anyway this upset blinky (the nun) she would nearly collapse with shock as I chewed up her husband and stuck my tongue out with his mangled body on it. She used to slap me with a wooden ruler calling me a vexation. I guess us Catholics are in no position to point the finger at other loopys. A wooden ruler on the kiddie fingers and I couldn't even tell my mother why, as she was more religeous than the pope himself.
                                                          Who else was a biter?

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post

Thanks everyone
                                                            whats your name?

Comment

Is facebook down for anybody else?
                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                Speaking of Loopy, I remember when I was making my 1st communion and I was told if you bite the communion you are biting into the body of Jesus Christ. Well being 6 I couldn't resist snapping the choppers into it and I'd be chewing it like gum (sheer boldness I guess) Anyway this upset blinky (the nun) she would nearly collapse with shock as I chewed up her husband and stuck my tongue out with his mangled body on it. She used to slap me with a wooden ruler calling me a vexation. I guess us Catholics are in no position to point the finger at other loopys. A wooden ruler on the kiddie fingers and I couldn't even tell my mother why, as she was more religeous than the pope himself.
                                                                Who else was a biter?
                                                                I remember when I made my first communion, I thought you were supposed to say 'Amen' after you had eat it. So the priest was there saying 'Body of Christ', and then we just looked at each other for about 10/15 seconds (felt like an eternity) before he just gave me the thing and moved along the line.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                  On and off for me.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Yep

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                      Not very involved with the local club anymore. played up to u16 but was shite so gave it up. Im not a member or anything.

tbf, I was at the Cork, Offaly and Waterford games. Tickets were so widely available I never went through the club once.
                                                                      Been fair u prob deserve a ticket but as i mentioned there is a season ticket scheme for the likes of you.

I couldnt go to the Galway game but bought a ticket regardless to ensure my all ireland spot. When you come from a county which are in the running you have to be wise and think of that day in September.

Look you will get a ticket on the morning if you travel if your really still stuck come a day or two before pm me with your number and i can keep my ears open for a ticket the night before above there.

Its a bit like women been able to smell desperation if you really want one up there you will never find a ticket.
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        I remember when I made my first communion, I thought you were supposed to say 'Amen' after you had eat it. So the priest was there saying 'Body of Christ', and then we just looked at each other for about 10/15 seconds (felt like an eternity) before he just gave me the thing and moved along the line.
                                                                        The correct answer was-> LOL Yeah right.

Comment

Sky sports news if anyone is interested in watching the deadline day

Comment

Say for instance:

A wannabee property developer borrows 100 Milion to build a town centre.
                                                                            Anglo raise money from a mixture of banks like JP Morgan, Central banks like UK and the ECB and smaller depositers with money to invest like credit unions and the dude who got 10 Million for the bit of bog that is now to become a new town centre.
                                                                            Point of order; they never would have borrowed from the ECB or CB back in the days when they were considered to be a 'star performer' . CB borrowing is intended to be a backstop only for when you can't access the credit markets in the normal way.

Anyway Anglo raise funds (for the purposes of this example, it doesn't really matter how, issuing bonds, interbank borrowing, syndications, deposits etc). They lend 100m to Mickey Joe McDeveloper. This is secured against the asset that is the new town centre. Mickey may or may not have given a personal guarantee as well.

(Mickey may or may not have a brother\drinking buddy who happens to be a local councillor. Mickey may or may not happen to attend the Galway races in a certain tent.)

Mickey owes Anglo 100m, repayable over x years at a rate of y% (probably rolling over every 6\12 months aka revolving credit)

Now theree years later instead of generating the 250 Mil the biz plan said it would the whole lot is valued at 50Mil and whatever rents and cash it has generated so far has been sucked up by interest and the cost of keeping the doors opened.
                                                                            Nama come in and say we will take it off you for 50 Mil and Anglo write off the other 50 Mil
                                                                            Anglo still owe the 100 Mil to JP Morgan and we the taxpayer have decided to underwrite all the bondholders and if Anglo close their doors or if the Bondholders ask for their money back then you and me are going to have to hand it over. But Anglo have given away any assets they had that could ever have hoped to generate revenue to Nama at a knockdown price and we have created this whole new institution with all the attendant costs to manage those assets. At the same time the Government own Anglo ... So what is the point of Nama again
                                                                            50m? LOL, you're some optimist. Try 10, 15 at a pinch.

but yeah, your point in relation to Anglo is somewhat valid as it is nationalised - it doesn't really matter whether you take the losses in Anglo or in NAMA. We've chosen to take them in Anglo (so that Lenihan can point at NAMA as being 'a success' ). Therefore Anglo keeps racking up horrendous losses as their dodgy crap transfers to NAMA at huge haircuts (i.e. discounts from nominal).

In the cases of AIB and BoI, NAMA makes a bit more sense as it in theory 'cleanses' them of the worst effects of the bubble years and thus allows them to go forth and provide something resembling a normal banking sector which will provide credit to hard-pressed individuals and businesses. Except they're not doing that. And non-NAMA loan losses will sink them anyway and they'll require a NAMA II.

In the case of Anglo, your point is valid - they're really just shifting the stuff around in the pretence that Anglo can somehow reincarnate itself as a 'good bank'. Which it can't, won't and shouldn't. You also have the fact that FF at all costs want to keep the lid on what went on in this country for the last 15 years and Anglo is systemic to that.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                              Been fair u prob deserve a ticket but as i mentioned there is a season ticket scheme for the likes of you.

I couldnt go to the Galway game but bought a ticket regardless to ensure my all ireland spot. When you come from a county which are in the running you have to be wise and think of that day in September.

Look you will get a ticket on the morning if you travel if your really still stuck come a day or two before pm me with your number and i can keep my ears open for a ticket the night before above there.

Its a bit like women been able to smell desperation if you really want one up there you will never find a ticket.
                                                                              Ah il probably get a ticket before i go up. Its just frustrating trying to get them when im pretty sure it wont sell out. Next year Im probably going to go through the season ticket scheme just to be sure.

Thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it if im really stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                lol not again
                                                                                Get your finger out!

Comment

Who else was a biter?
                                                                                  seems reasonable: what are you supposed to do, just swallow a dry wafer?

the CoI are more upper class, they use real bread, none of this wafer crap. Cromwell stole all the bread from yer ma.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodybuilder View Post
                                                                                    This guy has serious mental issues!
                                                                                    Also, Amanda Leatherman is sooo fuckin hot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etS5P...eature=related
                                                                                    I watched that show last night, it's actually pretty good. There was a much better fight in a few minutes between Ansky and Phil about that J9 v Q10 hand.

I'm not sure if Phil is genuinely that tilty or if it's all for show, I kinda had a theory last night watching the show that he was trying to get another big fight going with Ansky so he could actually take him up on a HU challenge. He must be annoyed at this stage that he didn't take Durrr up on his challenge, and TBH Ansky is alot more comfortable in front of the camera so an Ansky v Hellmuth fight could be good for his image.

But he really is absolutely terrible, he's just so far behind in his knowledge of how the game is played nowadays.

Comment

For me it would the the Electrician and the 60incher.
                                                                                      Bad, 1970's porn movie imo

Comment

the CoI are more upper class, they use real bread, none of this wafer crap. Cromwell stole all the bread from yer ma.
                                                                                        I was in a COI church once at a baptism, and I was amazed to hear the priest say a prayer (I think it was that profession of faith thing) and it included the line "I believe in the holy catholic church" which surprised me.

On another note, it's amazing how much of those prayer things are just drilled in, as on Weddings or other very rare church occasions, I can still remember almost word for word the whole lot. It's nearly brainwashing, tbh.

Comment

Any one ever heard of JPC lesuire in Magherafelt.
                                                                                          Meant to be heading there tonight for a tournament and not heard much about it really.

Comment

Upper crust?
                                                                                            I've been to a few proddy services and I must say I enjoyed singing out the ol hymns loud and clear just for the sheer sing songiness of it. Hymn no.23 Into the night we go dear jesus and hopfully the ripper will spare us. There was less onus on ya to belt out a song in the Catholic church. How could we compete agianst Cliff Richard.

Comment

I was in a COI church once at a baptism, and I was amazed to hear the priest say a prayer (I think it was that profession of faith thing) and it included the line "I believe in the holy catholic church" which surprised me.
                                                                                              You're correct - that is the wording but it's a bit more subtle than your understandable interpretation; it means 'catholic' (i.e. universal) as opposed to 'Catholic' (i.e. Roman Catholic).

I'm no expert but I think that's the meaning of the term 'catholic church' which is included in the Nicene Creed which would be used by all Christian churches, orthodox, eastern and protestant.

this is a new one; theology being discussed in the BBV.

Comment

Upper crust?
                                                                                                I've been to a few proddy services and I must say I enjoyed singing out the ol hymns loud and clear just for the sheer sing songiness of it. Hymn no.23 Into the night we go dear jesus and hopfully the ripper will spare us. There was less onus on ya to belt out a song in the Catholic church. How could we compete agianst Cliff Richard.
                                                                                                did the blood hounds at the door not sniff you out?

yeah, I aways wondered that; why is there so little music in Catholic services? there's stuff like Pi Jesu but not much for the congregation to bate out

Comment

On another note, it's amazing how much of those prayer things are just drilled in, as on Weddings or other very rare church occasions, I can still remember almost word for word the whole lot. It's nearly brainwashing, tbh.
                                                                                                  I'm COI and actually asked my Dad years ago why we said that in the prayers, and IIRC it's something to do with "Catholic" just meaning the whole Christian church, it's not relating to the Roman Catholic church, AFAIK.

Comment

jaysus Ste, we could set up our own Loyal Orange Lodge on IPB!

we could call it the BBV LOL

Comment

You're correct - that is the wording but it's a bit more subtle than your understandable interpretation; it means 'catholic' (i.e. universal) as opposed to 'Catholic' (i.e. Roman Catholic).
                                                                                                      Yep, that's what i was told I think. It rings a bell anyway.

Also, agreed on the Theology discussion (without it being accompanied with LOLReligion), that has to be a first for the BBV.

Comment

Just keep the patience, the talk will return to bed-wetting and other bodily functions soon.

Comment

I'm no expert but I think that's the meaning of the term 'catholic church' which is included in the Nicene Creed which would be used by all Christian churches, orthodox, eastern and protestant.

this is a new one; theology being discussed in the BBV.

Anytime I hear the word creed, even in a church, I always think of this.

Comment

Scannal documentary on the blowing up of Nelson's Pillar was very good. Its up on Player and is worth a look.

Ronnie Drew is even on it, just for Solskjaer.

Comment

I'm COI and actually asked my Dad years ago why we said that in the prayers, and IIRC it's something to do with "Catholic" just meaning the whole Christian church, it's not relating to the Roman Catholic church, AFAIK.
                                                                                                              Knew it.
                                                                                                              I can sniff out these COI merchants. I'm guessing Strewelpeter is one also. My Proddy radar tingles whenever he posts.
                                                                                                              Kayroo is another suspect. If it weren't for their damn fine Hymns I'd take a flamethrower to the place.
                                                                                                              Although Harry Seycome singing on a Sunday made me crave death. My ol wan was a sadist at times.

*surprised we havn't got Fr Jack on here yet, THAT WOULD BE AN.....

Comment

jaysus Ste, we could set up our own Loyal Orange Lodge on IPB!

we could call it the BBV LOL
                                                                                                                LOL, you can be the leader (or whatever they have)... I've been getting slagged about the Orange Order my whole life so it feels like I've already been a member since birth.

Comment

I've been getting slagged about the Orange Order my whole life so it feels like I've already been a member since birth.
                                                                                                                  that's because you have orange hair, not because you're a proddy bastard

Comment

missus smiley-ball(formly missus eight-ball) and myself are going to go, looked a bit dodgy at the weekend but she rang there an hour ago and we are good to go.
                                                                                                                    but must come home again tomorrow night after it which wasn't part of the plan, had intended on staying the night but no can do.
                                                                                                                    ahh well 1/2 a loaf an all that
                                                                                                                    hope they do better tomorrow night than they did in reading last weekend

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

this is a new low; theology being discussed in the BBV.
                                                                                                                      FYP. Also I think I may very well have to track down and kill the evil bitch who was throwing the puppies in the river, why the fuck did I click that link.
                                                                                                                      "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

stick with the big one imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

that's because you have orange hair, not because you're a proddy bastardE
                                                                                                                          Ehhhh, it's Strawberry Blonde!! That's what my Mum says anyway, and I believe her!!! Na Naaa Na Naaaa

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X