This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Jaysus Tom Humphries is an utterly horrendous journalist. To think there was a time that I would have considered him essential reading too. His article on the Down / Kildare match today is face palm bad.
    look on the bright side, at least he's not talking about his daughter's camogie team for the 1,794th time
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      Baseball isn't a sport. It is rounders with attitude and drugged up mexicans

FYP.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        Jaysus Tom Humphries is an utterly horrendous journalist. To think there was a time that I would have considered him essential reading too. His article on the Down / Kildare match today is face palm bad.
        'lyrical football' i think i'll be using this from now on

Comment

I love the way that rounders' arm is draped over El Tren's shoulder in that pic

something very human about it all

Comment

It was great to get a picture with someone as elusive as the Jackal.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
              It was great to get a picture with someone as elusive as the Jackal.

Had he just been knocked out there?
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                Had he just been knocked out there?
                Yeah just that very minute but i didnt know it then though!. I dont think that would have stopped me anyway

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                  Yeah just that very minute but i didnt know it then though!. I dont think that would have stopped me anyway
                  And the fact that he didn't have a clue what you were saying either didn't help the situation I'd say.

Always the gent though is our beloved El Tren.

Comment

FYP.
                    Good man Icarus, that was post of the year. I got looks from the other Gerbils in here I laughed so loud.
                    (I see Rounders pic bethrays more than a tinge of gingerness)

Caption Competition for the IPB Devilfish books IMO. Get on it Mods/admins/countrymen

My stab: Surely chef knows the ingrediants of a Waldorf Salad.

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                      Bertie on TV3 in an hour interview.

Description is.... 'Ursula Halligan uses her inimitable interview style to find the real person behind former Taoiseach bertie Ahern's public image'....... suuuurrre
                      Bertie was wandering around Killarney races last week smiling and engaging with all his adoring public I.e. he was being largely ignored by people too embarrassed to make eye contact with him in case they were seen with him.
                      The most remarkable thing about him though was the extraordinary black velvet jacket he was wearing and the way it shone in the sun.

Originally posted by jackyback;141345 re: 'the Secret'
                      What can i say i am into the whole PMA and it took my fancy, may not suit everyone.
                      So are you cool now with the thinking that people who get cancer or fail to recover from it fail because they weren't positive enough. Nice
                      Seriously there is no form of torture awful enough for the scumbag who wrote that drivel. Ugh.

Originally posted by reilly110 View Post
                      what about the kildare goal -should have been called for over-carrying

ref didnt have his best game today -but he is generally a super fair referee
                      Not even close, he took eight steps including riding a tackle.
                      As I said the huge problem wasn't the ref it was the Ulster Umpires he brought with him.

Only saw now how close the last shot was I didn't realise at the time it hit the bar that was so sick.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                        My stab: Surely chef knows the ingrediants of a Waldorf Salad.
                        My one.

El Tren: This iz comedy gold, I need to write eet down. So you say to man in tesco, "thez are not the ones on special" and what he say again.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                          if there was interest in an IPB trip for a game at Old Trafford I might be able to get up to 8/10 tickets and accommodation sorted.
                          do it imo

Comment

Originally posted by JackBurton View Post
                            wayne riley on sky sports 3 is comedy gold trying to predict montys picks, quite a colourful character
                            Saw him cheating at the Irish Open a few years ago if it's the guy I'm thinking of - heavy Aussie guy?

On the greens he was putting his marker down in front of his ball, then replacing his ball in front of his marker a few minutes later.

Comment

Centurion wasn't that bad,didn't it get a few dodgy reviews here?
                              Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                              Also i watched a good few DVD's and Unthinkable and to a lesser extent Under Hill 60 are pretty good views.
                              I watched both of these yesterday, I also quite enjoyed Unthinkable, Centurion wasn't as crap as I expected but wasn't great either IMO. I never really gave a shit if any of them were killed, but I did think it looked like a load of shite so it came in above my expectations. I'd go 7/10 Unthinkable and 6/10 for Centurion.

Comment

Went to the range twice last wk and hit about 300 balls and didnt feel much pain in the ole back . So im heading today for my first 18 holes in nearly 2 yrs . Hopefully i come back in good health.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                  Also i watched a good few DVD's and Unthinkable and to a lesser extent Under Hill 60 are pretty good views.
                                  I was on Hill 60 on Friday

they heard the bang in Dublin allegedly

Comment

Moved house on the weekend, NTL surpassed my expectations by

a) being on time
                                    b) being knowledgeable
                                    and c) giving me a free USB wireless adapter.

I guess it was a little too much to be expecting the broadband to be working as well, but hopefully that will be fixed today.

So, what's the odds on me tearing my hair out in frustration before everything is working properly?
                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Got the aptitude test for the ATC job in an hour. Time to try and beat 4100 other applicants so I can earn 18k for the first 2 years....Wait...wtf am I doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Seriously there is no form of torture awful enough for the scumbag who wrote that drivel. Ugh.
                                        Ex-scientologist. Explains alot.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                          Got the aptitude test for the ATC job in an hour. Time to try and beat 4100 other applicants so I can earn 18k for the first 2 years....Wait...wtf am I doing?
                                          Good luck with it. I was going to apply for that but then realised that:

1. I didn't want to live in Shannon for 2 years.
                                          2. I didn't want to earn 18k for 2 years.
                                          3. I didn't want to go into a salary of 50k afterwards, owing 50k in training costs.
                                          4. I probably wouldn't like the job either.

Comment

Three-peat for Mad Men

P.S.: If that cnut Bertie becomes president I'm either going to find a nice grassy knoll near the Park or leave the country. Probably leave the country as it would prove we are a nation of gobsheens.
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                              P.S.: If that cnut Bertie becomes president I'm either going to find a nice grassy knoll near the Park or leave the country.
                                              think big ffs

both!! both!!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Too sick to even read back at what BBV's opinion of the game is.
                                                Fucking disgrace that you can have all Ulster officials allowing Goals that are clearly illegal I have not heard not a single person claiming it was even close, disallowing a point that sailed in plumb in the middle and well under the height of the posts. Then the McEnenaney bottles giving an absolutely clear penalty in the last minute when a Down player dived on the ball on the ground. I'll grant that the penalty incident may have been a difficult for him to see but on the other hand if he had been close enough to the action he could have and also those fucking imbeciles in the white Jackets could have brought it to his attention as they were right there.

Mickey Mouse game that allows two of its biggest events of the year to be stolen from teams that earned good wins because of utterly incompetent fools who aren't able to do the fairly trivial job they were given.
                                                Not so sure you can blame the bad decisions on the fact the officials were from Ulster, as you say both goals should've been disallowed.
                                                They probably got it wrong on the point but it was a tight call, to claim it was in the middle and well under post height is laughable, as is the attempt to equate this with the Leinster final where Louth were genuinely robbed.
                                                Kildare didn't play well yesterday, and didn't have any luck either but there was no great injustice in them being beaten.

Comment

Help Please

HI all,

I need a bit of advice on buying a new laptop. Mine crashed on Saturday morning when I tried to turn it on. So I'm going to go and buy a new one today. Can anyone tell me which brand or laptop would be best to buy. All I will be using it for is playing poker and surfing t'interweb. I would be fairly clueless when it comes to computers so any advice would be much appreciated, please and thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                    Not so sure you can blame the bad decisions on the fact the officials were from Ulster, as you say both goals should've been disallowed.
                                                    They probably got it wrong on the point but it was a tight call, to claim it was in the middle and well under post height is laughable, as is the attempt to equate this with the Leinster final where Louth were genuinely robbed.
                                                    Kildare didn't play well yesterday, and didn't have any luck either but there was no great injustice in them being beaten.
                                                    Good post.

There's no doubt that Down were the better team tbf.

The refereeing system in football is atrocious however.

Comment

Anyone been to Canada? Recommendations on places to visit over there? Hope to go over for two weeks or more in November.
                                                      "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk[/ame]

Good man Harry!

stolen from the soccer forum.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk

Good man Harry!

stolen from the soccer forum.
                                                          lolz

He is a scumbag. Look at the state of his previous clubs, Spurs will bust if he splashes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                            HI all,

I need a bit of advice on buying a new laptop. Mine crashed on Saturday morning when I tried to turn it on. So I'm going to go and buy a new one today. Can anyone tell me which brand or laptop would be best to buy. All I will be using it for is playing poker and surfing t'interweb. I would be fairly clueless when it comes to computers so any advice would be much appreciated, please and thanks.
                                                            If that is solely what you are just gonna use it for you probably wont go wrong with nearly anything you would pick up in the likes of PC World, what you could do is when you are in the shop take like 2 or 3 that you are interested in and throw up the list here if you could and you should be able to get a quick reply about what would be the best.

Something along the lines of this, might be a bit over kill for what you want but would give you a general idea http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-x...95304-pdt.html just click the technical details to view it.

How much you looking to spend? Dont buy some of the BS the sales assistants try to sell.
                                                            Last edited by tylerdurden94; 30-08-10, 12:03.
                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Don't think Spurs have to spend to stay in around the top 4. Once they stay injury free they are going to be a force. Never liked Harry as a person, good manager in fairness.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                Anyone been to Canada? Recommendations on places to visit over there? Hope to go over for two weeks or more in November.
                                                                fuck you werewolf

Comment

Ronnie at the best he has been in years.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIqgz4_48M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIqgz4_48M[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by JackKingOff View Post
                                                                    Don't think Spurs have to spend to stay in around the top 4. Once they stay injury free they are going to be a force. Never liked Harry as a person, good manager in fairness.
                                                                    Decent manager, Spurs will never be a force

Comment

Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                                                                      do it imo
                                                                      well if there's the interest I can do it.

Take Blackburn as an example (27th November)

- Flights into East Midlands on Friday night, returning to Dublin on Sunday afternoon
                                                                      - Minibus from/to the airport to a B&B in Worksop
                                                                      - Supporters club Coach from Worksop to Manchester on Saturday
                                                                      - 2 nights accommodation (2 to a room)
                                                                      - Breakfast included on the Saturday & Sunday
                                                                      - Match Ticket

would probably come in at around €200 a head or so if we booked it fairly quickly.

The B&B is about 90 minutes from both the airport & manchester. The supporters coach is great craic heading down to the game, they sell stella & strongbow on the coach for £1.50 each. Time flies in to be honest.

Worksop itself is relatively quiet, but it has a decent snooker hall where you can have a pint and something to eat while playing, so we'll be able to engage in some degenerate killers betting. There are 2 nightclubs, and a dozen pubs within stumbling distance of the B&B and at least 2 really good eateries, one Indian & one Thai. There's also the option of getting a mini-bus to Sheffield which isn't a million miles away if you want a more adventurous night out.

As far as drinking goes, the B&B doesn't have a liquor licence so he can't sell alcohol but he'll happily sort you with beer, cider or wine for the weekend and we normally leave an envelope behind with a contribution by way of thanks.

I can also arrange something in Manchester itself but both the flights & accommodation would be far more costly when United are at home.
                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

well if there's the interest I can do it.

Take Blackburn as an example (27th November)

- Flights into East Midlands on Friday night, returning to Dublin on Sunday afternoon
                                                                        - Minibus from/to the airport to a B&B in Worksop
                                                                        - Supporters club Coach from Worksop to Manchester on Saturday
                                                                        - 2 nights accommodation (2 to a room)
                                                                        - Breakfast included on the Saturday & Sunday
                                                                        - Match Ticket

would probably come in at around €200 a head or so if we booked it fairly quickly.

The B&B is about 90 minutes from both the airport & manchester. The supporters coach is great craic heading down to the game, they sell stella & strongbow on the coach for £1.50 each. Time flies in to be honest.

Worksop itself is relatively quiet, but it has a decent snooker hall where you can have a pint and something to eat while playing, so we'll be able to engage in some degenerate killers betting. There are 2 nightclubs, and a dozen pubs within stumbling distance of the B&B and at least 2 really good eateries, one Indian & one Thai. There's also the option of getting a mini-bus to Sheffield which isn't a million miles away if you want a more adventurous night out.

As far as drinking goes, the B&B doesn't have a liquor licence so he can't sell alcohol but he'll happily sort you with beer, cider or wine for the weekend and we normally leave an envelope behind with a contribution by way of thanks.

I can also arrange something in Manchester itself but both the flights & accommodation would be far more costly when United are at home.
                                                                        I'd love to do that tbh, sounds like an epic weekend.

I assume ye're sounder in real life than ye are on here... dickheads

Comment

We can play Werewolf on the bus to Old Trafford

Comment

I'm a prick

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                              Ronnie at the best he has been in years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRIqgz4_48M
                                                                              Watched that match on Setanta Ireland (nice bonus that they have Serie A) and the commentators were tilting me so much. Milan were so on top right from the off in that match. Zlatan and maybe Robinho to add to Pato, Borriello, Ronaldinho... things looking up for Milan for the first time in a while.

Comment

HI all,

when you say "crashed" what happened to it? is it starting up at all? It may still be repairable.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                  If that is solely what you are just gonna use it for you probably wont go wrong with nearly anything you would pick up in the likes of PC World, what you could do is when you are in the shop take like 2 or 3 that you are interested in and throw up the list here if you could and you should be able to get a quick reply about what would be the best.

Something along the lines of this, might be a bit over kill for what you want but would give you a general idea http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/asus-x...95304-pdt.html just click the technical details to view it.

How much you looking to spend? Dont buy some of the BS the sales assistants try to sell.
                                                                                  Thanks. The problem with picking 2 or 3 in the shop and posting them up would be that I wouldn't be interested in any of them! I just want something quick and cheap but wouldn't have a clue which to pick. I think if I go to the shop now I would just buy the cheapest and hope for the best but I don't want to be buying another in 6 months time after buying a piece of rubbish!

Probably E450 max I would like to spend but would go to E550 if needs be. How would I know if the sales assistants are selling me BS?

Comment

We know
                                                                                    FYP

Comment

And for the Blackburn game ye might be able to persuade Eagle Eye to go, and then he could give a lecture on such things as Manatees, the prison system, and a multitude of other topics. Who'd need nightclubs with that at your disposal? Ye'd have a blast. It'd be more like a seminar than a football trip.

Comment

I'm a prick
                                                                                        I doubt you're invited anyway tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                          FYP
                                                                                          I know you know. Chimp

Comment

I doubt you're invited anyway tbh.
                                                                                            lolers, me! Go to Old Trafford? As a home fan? lolwut!

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                              when you say "crashed" what happened to it? is it starting up at all? It may still be repairable.
                                                                                              It turned off normally on Fri night, I went to turn it on Sat morning and it wouldn't load up. I can get up some menus but they are no help to me. I had a friend look at it and he couldn't work out what the problem was. It was on it's last legs anyway I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                And for the Blackburn game ye might be able to persuade Eagle Eye to go, and then he could give a lecture on such things as Manatees, the prison system, and a multitude of other topics. Who'd need nightclubs with that at your disposal? Ye'd have a blast. It'd be more like a seminar than a football trip.
                                                                                                In.

Comment

Thanks. The problem with picking 2 or 3 in the shop and posting them up would be that I wouldn't be interested in any of them! I just want something quick and cheap but wouldn't have a clue which to pick. I think if I go to the shop now I would just buy the cheapest and hope for the best but I don't want to be buying another in 6 months time after buying a piece of rubbish!

Probably E450 max I would like to spend but would go to E550 if needs be. How would I know if the sales assistants are selling me BS?
                                                                                                  Rule 1 of buying a computer

Don't get it in a shop

Buy online, where your € is worth much more.

Comment

you could stay on the coach. stella for 1.50, you must have missed that bit

Comment

Also, can someone explain the tren thing to me? I approve of the smiley on an aesthetic level, but am concerned about it from a moral POV due to CHD's obvious affection for it.

Comment

You'd be lynched on the bus before we even got out of Worksop
                                                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Gamble it up so and just pick the firs one you see ah you know them "buy this buy that" extra add on that you dont even need.

Happy shopping!

Comment

It turned off normally on Fri night, I went to turn it on Sat morning and it wouldn't load up. I can get up some menus but they are no help to me. I had a friend look at it and he couldn't work out what the problem was. It was on it's last legs anyway I would think.
                                                                                                            How many tables do you normally play? What size screen do you want, as there is a correlation between the 2. The smaller the monitor, generally the less the resolution available, especially on a bidget one.

This one is a decent laptop by all accounts. No DVD drive though, although that's not as big a deal as it used to be I'd say.

Comment

I'm in for the old trafford trip if we're playing WW on the bus. And if I can bring my cat.
                                                                                                              "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Anybody get into watching Rubicon?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                                  Rule 1 of buying a computer

Don't get it in a shop

Buy online, where your € is worth much more.
                                                                                                                  I would rather buy it today in a shop and have it for this evening than wait a few days. I could be making money while waiting on it so my euro might be worth more if I have it now.

Comment

stay away from anything with a celeron processor. they're not referred to as "sell and run" for nothing.

You do not need more than 2gb (3 at a push).

Hard disk size isn't that important if you're not going to store a load of music on it.

Don't buy anti-virus from the PC salesman. the software they sell is usually pants and you can get better software for free on the internet.

And if you live anywhere near the city centre I can take a look at the old one for you, free of charge.

Comment

You'd be lynched on the bus before we even got out of Worksop
                                                                                                                      I'd be lynched in Dublin tbh

Comment

Also, can someone explain the tren thing to me? I approve of the smiley on an aesthetic level, but am concerned about it from a moral POV due to CHD's obvious affection for it.
                                                                                                                        I created it. Do not question it ever again.

Comment

I'm on for this trip but only if CHD is coming. He doesn't have to go to the footie as I expect he'll be under the table from the drink. We can leave him in a skip and collect him after the game. Eagle Eye would also be an excellent attendee as I need some help with me golf swing and rather than pay a top pro the monies, I can get free tuition from EE for the price of a pint of Tetleys. Bubbleking needed also as I don't take shite from the English and he can help me batter them (as Alex would say)
                                                                                                                          So we get to drink CHD under the table (and log him into IPB), get lessons from EE, fight the English with Bubbleking and then go to see a footie game. IN.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X