This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just saw this ad. It's the nuts.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiskWM1hzL8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiskWM1hzL8[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      I suppose I should have expected calls for Sexton off the back of yesterday's performance. Anything short of a win with an exceptional O'Gara performance was going to produce the same. Seriously, the outhalf thing is a side issue. People need to accept that the pair of them will be sharing game time between now and the next world cup. Both have strengths and weaknesses and both play the position well enough for the team around them to win the big games. Sexton will be the full time starter when O'Gara retires. Until then, ye have to get used to the current situation. O'Gara had a decent enough game actually, and Sexton did as well as could be expected during garbage time when the game was over.

What is vital now is an acceptance that the rest of the championship is irrelevant from a competitive perspective. We should not want to grind out another triple crown if the price is the sacrifice of any world cup potential.

Doesn't this sum up exactly why Sexton should start for the remainder of the 6N? As you say, the two OH's will be sharing game time so I think it's only fair Sexton get his share game time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowless View Post
        So I just drunkenly bet I could drink 1 US gallon of milk in an hour next friday.
        That's like 3.8 litres. I'm allowed eat during the hour, take whatever drugs I want and I only have to hold down the gallon for 1 minute when I'm finished.

I've been looking it up on the web and it seems like I'm pretty screwed.
        Surely the BBV in its infinite wisdom can help me out?
        I thought about joey doin it in 10 seconds

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Qz-MXhgKw&feature=related[/ame]

and then found this clip of a guy doin it in 41 seconds -

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxoVPrXEebY[/ame]

and you have an hour - loads of time

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Managed to get the gf the same Valentines card as last year. DOH!
          I hope you mean a similar one and that you didn't put it away last year and pull it out again

Met a friend in the supermarket this morning, frantically searching for a nice card. His missus had said they wouldn't get anything for each other this year and he foolishly believed her. Such a novice mistake.

Comment

Anybody goin to the game in santry today??

Comment

Athletico v Barca today could be one of the biggest matches this season if people are wondering what to do with themselves with only the cup on today. This match averages a pretty amazing 5 goals a game and pretty much is always a goal fest as you can gather from that, add to that the fact that Barca are basically missing two entire backlines worth of players (Abidal, Alves, Pique, Marquez, Chygrynskiy, Toure all out, Puyol is a doubt) and this one will be quite a goalfest, Athletico are the most inconsistent team in Europe but they still have quite an attack and tend to turn it on in this fixture.

If Barca win this I think it'll go a huge way to helping them retain the league but most likely the gap will be reduced from the 5 points it was at the start of the weekend, Barca have yet to actually be behind in a league game this season never mind lose one but this is probably the toughest test so far given the injuries/suspensions
              "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

So I just drunkenly bet I could drink 1 US gallon of milk in an hour next friday.
                That's like 3.8 litres. I'm allowed eat during the hour, take whatever drugs I want and I only have to hold down the gallon for 1 minute when I'm finished.

I remember they did this on jackass a few years ago. If you're eating dinner or have a weak stomach, it's probably best not to watch!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8BA-79nYKM[/ame]

Comment

First losing cash session of the new year last night, my god i played pretty dreadful got a good bit back out of the hole which is the only positive i can take away from it.
                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Good cup tie Spur V Bolton on the box
                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                      Athletico v Barca today could be one of the biggest matches this season if people are wondering what to do with themselves with only the cup on today. This match averages a pretty amazing 5 goals a game and pretty much is always a goal fest as you can gather from that, add to that the fact that Barca are basically missing two entire backlines worth of players (Abidal, Alves, Pique, Marquez, Chygrynskiy, Toure all out, Puyol is a doubt) and this one will be quite a goalfest, Athletico are the most inconsistent team in Europe but they still have quite an attack and tend to turn it on in this fixture.

If Barca win this I think it'll go a huge way to helping them retain the league but most likely the gap will be reduced from the 5 points it was at the start of the weekend, Barca have yet to actually be behind in a league game this season never mind lose one but this is probably the toughest test so far given the injuries/suspensions
                      How come this is on Sunday night giving champions league during the week?

This is where I find the premier league teams always have an advantage because they go out of they're way to accomadate teams like Chelsea having an early Saturday game.

Burlesconi must be still pulling the strings in Italy because Milan had a Friday game and Inter are only playing tonight too.
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Athletico had a cup game on Thursday, assume that's why. Although given it was the second leg of a game they were winning 4-0, they probably could have played it this morning for all the difference it would have made...

EDIT - Actually Barca aren't playing in the CL this week, seems there's only four fixtures this week? Why's that!?
                        Last edited by Sledgejammer; 14-02-10, 15:03.
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post
                          Good cup tie Spur V Bolton on the box
                          why didn't defoe take it?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                            why didn't defoe take it?
                            Missed three all ready this season.

Comment

EDIT - Actually Barca aren't playing in the CL this week, seems there's only four fixtures this week? Why's that!?
                              Didnt notice that, that's new, it's got to be just to pump up the tv revenue money by making extra match days. I don't like it.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Last 16 matches split over 8 match days this year instead of 4 as in previous years.
                                I thinks it great myself, means we have a better chance of seeing all the games.

Comment

Yeah I didn't know they were doing that and I also don't like it, I like the CL nights when there's loads of good matches on. Probably better for those without Sky though I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                    How come this is on Sunday night giving champions league during the week?

This is where I find the premier league teams always have an advantage because they go out of they're way to accomadate teams like Chelsea having an early Saturday game.
                                    Regardless of the fact that that Barca/Chelsea etc aren't playing the CL this week I don't think its a case that the EPL accomadates their teams and La Liga doesn't.

Playing late night games on Sundays is just the Spanish way, whereas Saturday lunchtime kickoffs would be laughed at.
                                    But the English police have a huge say over kickoff times so the equivalent of Athletic Madrid v Bacelona (say Tottenham v MUFC) would never be allowed kick off at 8.30PM on a Sunday night, even if SKY wanted to show it at that time.

It just happens that the kickoff times in England that are acceptable to the the authorities actually work out quite well for the teams in Europe.

Comment

Yeah if they allowed important premiership matches to take place at night it would quickly herald a return to 80's style hooligan violence. Most of the fans would be totally pissed!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSnapper View Post
                                        Was it your first visit to DTD? its a super impressive cardroom
                                        Yeah. It's only about an hour down the road from me, but I never made the trip. I'm definitely going again. What a place.

And now for a brag - Got some quarter and semi final tickets for the crucible.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                          Regardless of the fact that that Barca/Chelsea etc aren't playing the CL this week I don't think its a case that the EPL accomadates their teams and La Liga doesn't.

Playing late night games on Sundays is just the Spanish way, whereas Saturday lunchtime kickoffs would be laughed at.
                                          But the English police have a huge say over kickoff times so the equivalent of Athletic Madrid v Bacelona (say Tottenham v MUFC) would never be allowed kick off at 8.30PM on a Sunday night, even if SKY wanted to show it at that time.

It just happens that the kickoff times in England that are acceptable to the the authorities actually work out quite well for the teams in Europe.
                                          Yeah but Chelsea Cardiff is hardly a high risk game in terms of fan trouble. It was also on unconievianlty early for travelling fans given the distance of the clubs. So the only reason it was on that early was to accomadate Chelsea in
                                          Europe.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah but Chelsea Cardiff is hardly a high risk game in terms of fan trouble. It was also on unconievianlty early for travelling fans given the distance of the clubs. So the only reason it was on that early was to accomadate Chelsea in
                                            Europe.
                                            I'd say Chelsea v Cardiff would be a Category A (highest level of police presence) game to be honest.
                                            Cardiff traditionally amongst the most thuggish fans in the English league (its a Welsh identity thing for them apparently).

Comment

Europe.

What?

Comment

Booked a table for myself an herself this evening.Should be good.
                                                She might not be happy though because shes crap at snooker
                                                "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

emergency help bbv

laptop charger melted down in middle of ftops omaha last night :-( one time i don't have desktop at hand as i was at the gf's place...

heading to vegas on wednesday and need the laptop back working - one of my nerdy mates was able to ascertain that it was definitely the little power pack thing that's gone

what are my options to get a charger asap for it - it's a little netbook the asus 1005HA seashell and i've only had it about 7/8 months...

i know i can buy one on ebay and i may still be under warranty? but i wanted to know is there a shop that i can buy like pcworld or the like or is there a universal type charger thing i could buy?

cheers for the help in advance

ps sickened bcb i lumped on the chilli rose, when he jumped the last i thought we were all set but it just shows how good AP is - don't think you'd ever want to be against him in a HU drive.... ul anyway, could have layed off in running @ around 1.48

Comment

I'd say Chelsea v Cardiff would be a Category A (highest level of police presence) game to be honest.
                                                    Cardiff traditionally amongst the most thuggish fans in the English league (its a Welsh identity thing for them apparently).
                                                    I stand corrected. I'm going to stop arguing
                                                    on a subject I'm clearly ignorant too. I fold
                                                    like origami
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Barca have yet to actually be behind in a league game this season never mind lose one but this is probably the toughest test so far given the injuries/suspensions
                                                      Jaysus. They really are something else.

Comment

England wtf?

Comment

Game on in the rugby

14-12 to England with 8 mins left

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                            Booked a table for myself an herself this evening.Should be good.
                                                            She might not be happy though because shes crap at snooker
                                                            You did well to get a table, at least three people from this thread will be there, and about seven of my mates.

Should be a good atmosphere.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

love to see england gettin beat here

a fcuk wilkinson

italy need a try now

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

hey hey ihave made two stars

wonder whens the next milestone

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                  Yeah. It's only about an hour down the road from me, but I never made the trip. I'm definitely going again. What a place.

And now for a brag - Got some quarter and semi final tickets for the crucible.
                                                                  lucky you, in both cases
                                                                  "Being wrong is erroneously associated with failure, when, in fact, to be proven wrong should be celebrated, for it elevates someone to a new level of understanding."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                    You did well to get a table, at least three people from this thread will be there, and about seven of my mates.

Should be a good atmosphere.
                                                                    Going by his article in todays Sunday Tribune, Neil Francis will be there too

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                      Doesn't this sum up exactly why Sexton should start for the remainder of the 6N? As you say, the two OH's will be sharing game time so I think it's only fair Sexton get his share game time now.
                                                                      The outhalf position is sorted for the world cup. They will both get enough game time between now and then. Options need to be tested / developed with more of a priority elsewhere in the 15. Seriously, you are focusing on a problem that doesn't exist.
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Oh Italy. Sick.
                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Lol.

AFAIK, don't starve yourself beforehand. Contracts your stomach and reduces its ability to expand. Eat moderately beforehand. Obv not much though. Your body just can't be starving.

If you only have to hold it in for a minute, I'd suggest trying to drink as much of it as possible in the last 5 minutes. Have a solid enough pace for the first 50 or so minutes, and then ramp it up in the last 5-10 minutes.

I have no idea what I'm talking about though tbh, but starving yourself is defo a bad idea!

But seriously, lol
                                                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

might as well ask bbv about this too. is it possible to double up on your degree? my course shares a bunch of modules with an approved law degree, and i'd be really tempted to take on the additional modules they do if it meant i could qualify with both degrees. is that doable?
                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 14-02-10, 16:40.

Comment

Originally posted by loosecannon View Post
                                                                              emergency help bbv

laptop charger melted down in middle of ftops omaha last night :-( one time i don't have desktop at hand as i was at the gf's place...

heading to vegas on wednesday and need the laptop back working - one of my nerdy mates was able to ascertain that it was definitely the little power pack thing that's gone

what are my options to get a charger asap for it - it's a little netbook the asus 1005HA seashell and i've only had it about 7/8 months...

i know i can buy one on ebay and i may still be under warranty? but i wanted to know is there a shop that i can buy like pcworld or the like or is there a universal type charger thing i could buy?

cheers for the help in advance

Same happened to me, your warranty will cover you for a new one but thats a long haul process, if you need it quick Maplins / Peats etc. will have universal ones, bring your old charger with you so the connection socket is the correct size. Cost about €70 - €90

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                The outhalf position is sorted for the world cup. They will both get enough game time between now and then. Options need to be tested / developed with more of a priority elsewhere in the 15. Seriously, you are focusing on a problem that doesn't exist.

We'll agree to disagree. We have one OH who coming to the end of his career and who had an absolute shocker in his last WC and has been having a poorish last few years by his standards, then we have Sexton who has two caps to his name. I think we should be looking at having a 3rd OH with some caps as well just in case either one gets an injury. If Sexton doesnt start at Twickenham he'll have had no experience playing away from home at the top test match level before the World cup. He'll only have one summer tour abroad to play in as well. Considering the OH position is one of the most important on the pitch it is far from sorted.
                                                                                Last edited by Teddie; 14-02-10, 16:37.

Comment

O'gara is a real problem for us, we need cover for Sexton now.

AM I the only one who did actually book a snooker table ?

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                    might as well as bbv about this. is it possible to double up on your degree? my course shares a bunch of modules with an approved law degree, and i'd be really tempted to take on the additional modules they do if it meant i could qualify with both degrees. is that doable?
                                                                                    I'd say it'd depend on the university, just give the programme office a bell and they should sort you out, the UCD one is great anyway. They even organised Chinese grinds for a girl in BnL that wanted to switch into my course.

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                                                                      Same happened to me, your warranty will cover you for a new one but thats a long haul process, if you need it quick Maplins / Peats etc. will have universal ones, bring your old charger with you so the connection socket is the correct size. Cost about €70 - €90
                                                                                      sick sick - only paid €290 for the thing!

thanks for the help - will get onto elara about the warranty...like you say long haul process the bastards!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                        We'll agree to disagree. We have one OH who coming to the end of his career and who had an absolute shocker in his last WC and has been having a poorish last few years by his standards, then we have Sexton who has two caps to his name. I think we should be looking at having a 3rd OH with some caps as well just in case either one gets an injury. If Sexton doesnt start at Twickenham he'll have had no experience playing away from home at the top test match level before the World cup. He'll only have one summer tour abroad to play in as well. Considering the OH position is one of the most important on the pitch it is far from sorted.
                                                                                        I think Sexton should be getting much more gametime than he has up to now but it's way too early to be putting ROG out to pasture, he's a competant experienced outhalf and has a few good years left in him yet.

No need to find a 3rd outhalf, Paddy Wallace is solid cover imo, I'm a big fan of his.

Comment

Every fcking snooker table in Dublin booked out tonight. FML.

Comment

I think he needs a bigger stick

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Question for the many many people who know more about rugby than I do.

6 Nations and Bonus Points.... It seems to me that 6N is the only major rugby competition that doesn't use the normal bonus point system (1 for 4 tries, 1 for being beaten by less than 8).

Why is this and is it something that has ever been explained/discussed by whoever runs the 6N?

A friend pointed out to me that there was an instance in the 90s when the result of the 6N would have been changed with the presence of bonus points, e.g. a team won the Grand Slam but would not have won the Championship had the identical match scores happened (unlikely as the presence of bonus points would have influenced various matches).

TLDR, Why no bonus points in 6N?
                                                                                              Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 14-02-10, 17:18.

Comment

I think it would be a good idea. It would take away the lame duck element from a lot of the matches.

Comment

Question for the many many people who know more about rugby than I do.

6 Nations and Bonus Points.... It seems to me that 6N is the only major rugby competition that doesn't use the normal bonus point system (1 for 4 tries, 1 for being beaten by less than 8).

Why is this and is it something that has ever been explained/discussed by whoever runs the 6N?

A friend pointed out to me that there was an instance in the 90s when the result of the 6N would have been changed with the presence of bonus points, e.g. a team won the Grand Slam but would not have won the Championship had the identical match scores happened (unlikely as the presence of bonus points would have influenced various matches).

TLDR, Why no bonus points in 6N?
                                                                                                  Well as you said above a team could do a Grand Slam and not win the tournament. The other factor is the the 6N is not played on a home/away or nuetral venues, bonus points would be put the teams with 3 home games in a season at a huge advantage. All competitions (to my knowledge) that have bonus points are either home/away leagues or competitions with neutral .
                                                                                                  venues like the World Cup.

Finally the bonus point system isnt standard 4 tries/less than 7 point defeat for example the Super 14's use a different bonus point system

Comment

Had a 42 hour day followed by a 15 hour sleep that I got up from a few hours ago thinking I'd never want to sleep again and maybe I'd play the million tonight.

I feel like going back to bed already. Sigh.

Comment

Well as you said above a team could do a Grand Slam and not win the tournament. The other factor is the the 6N is not played on a home/away or nuetral venues, bonus points would be put the teams with 3 home games in a season at a huge advantage. All competitions (to my knowledge) that have bonus points are either home/away leagues or competitions with neutral .
                                                                                                      venues like the World Cup.

Finally the bonus point system isnt standard 4 tries/less than 7 point defeat for example the Super 14's use a different bonus point system
                                                                                                      I sort of see the logic of what you are saying, but there is already an inherent advantage in playing 3 home 2 away which all the teams seem to accept. I don't see that a bonus system would make it that much worse.

Comment

I sort of see the logic of what you are saying, but there is already an inherent advantage in playing 3 home 2 away which all the teams seem to accept. I don't see that a bonus system would make it that much worse.
                                                                                                        There is indeed already an advantage, but this would make that advantage even bigger, teams are a lot more likely to secure a BP at home.

Comment

A followup question on my 'learn about rugby hour'.

Why is it that Ireland always plays England/France and Italy/Scotland/Wales on a home/away rotation? And the other 5 teams have their own fixed rotations as well.

Has there ever been a call to change the rotation, maybe reset it randomly every 2 years whilst maintaining the concept of playing everyone home and away in that 2 years?

At the moment Ireland (and I assume the other teams) have what they see as an 'easy' year, then a 'difficult' year.

Comment

A followup question on my 'learn about rugby hour'.

Why is it that Ireland always plays England/France and Italy/Scotland/Wales on a home/away rotation? And the other 5 teams have their own fixed rotations as well.

Has there ever been a call to change the rotation, maybe reset it randomly every 2 years whilst maintaining the concept of playing everyone home and away in that 2 years?

At the moment Ireland (and I assume the other teams) have what they see as an 'easy' year, then a 'difficult' year.
                                                                                                            The way it is at the moment guarantees that every team plays every team home and away over the two year cylce.

If it was changed we could concievably be playing say France in Paris two years in a row!
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Managed to get the gf the same Valentines card as last year. DOH!
                                                                                                              Not as bad as a friend of mine, for the last 4 years he has given the same card back to his wife, he says she is still none the wiser...tight ? Thats only the tip of it, he also pulls out the winder on his watch when he goes to bed to save the battery !
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Dick Francis Died today, his books were dross but he did have a great career in the saddle.

As a kid when I saw this, which should have been Francis's greatest moment in the saddle, is the nearest I have ever come to believing in divine intervention. I would always imagine some desperate punters prayers being listened to and God sending down the miracle of all miracles to stop him in his tracks.
                                                                                                                Can you imagine the amounts that would have been done @1.01 if it happened these days.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiY7WVdcp3Y"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiY7WVdcp3Y[/ame]

Comment

So hilarious when you're playing mixed game and it goes from razz to stud and you bluff someone by firing with a lo bag of spanners thinking you've the nuts

Comment

FA Cup Q-Final draw

Portsmouth v Birmingham

Reading/West Brom v Crystal Palace/Aston Villa

Fulham v Bolton/Spurs

Chelsea v Man City/Stoke

Comment

Good draw from a Villa point of view. Would of been great if it was at home but mneh. We were lucky to get a replay today.
                                                                                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

aaaaarrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Brag: got me rock and roll last night

Beat: was so locked fell asleep during the blowie

lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X