Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL yeah Manchester is the misery-just pipped by Bray in my most hated places on Earth!

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      Finally got 'round to watching Bruno. Really surprised to see Bono at the end, never thought he'd get involved in something humorous
      What's humorous about Bruno??
      http://mobro.co/zuroph
      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

woah. whats goin on.yeah

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
          LOL yeah Manchester is the misery-just pipped by Bray in my most hated places on Earth!
          Bray, what a kip.

says it all.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
            How hard is it to get a job these days? I have a friend who needs some cash to pay back student loans, the banks have started threatening her! She works in a bar two days a week, and has a Drama Degree. I can vouch for her reliablilty and ability to pour a good pint. Does anyone know of any suitable jobs? A waitressing job would be fine too.
            Might be your problem!

If she's attractive and outgoing I could probably click her towards a few extra hours of mindless promotions type work. I know a couple of people who are always involved in such gigs. It is unfortunate, but looking well and having a solid fake smile are pre requisites. Fire us out a PM if you think it's a runner.

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
            As far as i know you can survive longer from a lack of water than you can from a lack of sleep
            One of the more academic distinctions I've come across!!
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Brilliant finish to the Super 14's game just now. 3 tries in the last 10 mins.

Warratahs win in Queensland 30-28

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                Brilliant finish to the Super 14's game just now. 3 tries in the last 10 mins.

Warratahs win in Queensland 30-28
                Ship the win for me too, layed the Reds at 1.09 on Betfair, true to form they mess it up.

Great game, the Reds are so exciting to watch but they always run out of gas at the end.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Anyone see theres been a death already in the winter olympics in the luge. It was the guys final training run. Pretty shocking stuff.

When you see them do the luge tho its very dangerous looking. WOuldnt want to be doing it myself.

Comment

more LO'LEARY
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

so is worth getting one of these?

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HF3463-Light-Radio-Alarm/dp/B001P81T9W/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=lighting&qid=1266059336&sr=8-2[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                        Does Fugly not mean mingbot??

I would lick her bum hole for many hours gladly.

On a seperate note Blue Aftershock is rank and will no doubt end up in me having an awful hangover in the morning.
                        Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                        quoted to prevent editing!

funny mix of what you'd do gladly and whats rank!
                        Hank is a serial drunk crazy poster. Quoted again so he will surely see it

Comment

http://www.commandandconquer.com/classic Released by EA as freeware. Awesome games, my first introduction to RTS. Hope they'll run OK in Windows 7.

Opr

Comment

Unless it comes with something that prevents you pulling the quilt over your head, it certainly wouldn't work for me.

Comment

Many a day stolen by these games.

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                Many a day stolen by these games.
                                Big time, looking forward to giving it a bash as I haven't played one of them in ages.

Opr

Comment

Anyone getting mega turned on by the ad on soccer am where the girls are mud wrestling?

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                    Big time, looking forward to giving it a bash as I haven't played one of them in ages.

Opr
                                    Only problem is once you start playing you wont stop till you complete both sides.

Goodbye weekend

Comment

They won't ship those lights to Ireland PL. Their was a thread in BA a while back in relation to that exact item.

Edit little searching - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...hlight=philips

Opr

Comment

Get em from argos or somewhere oop north. Unless you actually sleep with the duvet over your head then they will work. I 100% guarantee they made a massive difference to me, not even waking up beside a ginger cud have got me out of bed a few years ago!
                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Such a pity they don't ship to Ireland. This one looks like a super deal

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-Wake-Up-Light-HF3475-01/dp/B002BA5FB6/ref=pd_sim_d_2[/ame]

Same item with someone who ships to Ireland.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                            I actually like Manchester,

Although two years ago i got river danced on by a english thug (akin to football factory) which slightly changed my view for a short period!
                                            GAA News Website

Comment

BRAG; Been off the drink for 6 weeks

BEAT; Been off the drink for 6 weeks

Variance; Im probably fitter and healthier than Iv ever been in my life

Comment

Why all the hate for Bray

been there a few times as a kid and i enjoyed it. Has it changed or something?

Also an update on the fitness thing i was trying. Apart from that kebab the other night ive been going well since i said i would start. Got on the scales this morning and was gutted when id only lost 5 pounds. Seriously the way i felt and the further ive been able to run i thought i had lost about 10 pounds-1stone. I possibly had tho because last night i went on the lash so the boozin might have put a few back on.

This weekend is pretty much going to be carvery meals what with rugby, football in the pub and then outness afterwards so if i can manage to lose a stone in total in the next 2 weeks ill be happy. I realise now my 2 stone in 2 weeks idea was absurd lol!

Im still covinced it could be done but your whole day would have to be devoted to training and a very specific diet would have to be followed.

Comment

That picture of your wan from the Saturdays on page 3 of the sun today is unreal hot, jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                    First and only time I am doing this....

Why is she on Fugly.com

SPOILER
                                                    I came

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                      Why all the hate for Bray

been there a few times as a kid and i enjoyed it. Has it changed or something?

Also an update on the fitness thing i was trying. Apart from that kebab the other night ive been going well since i said i would start. Got on the scales this morning and was gutted when id only lost 5 pounds. Seriously the way i felt and the further ive been able to run i thought i had lost about 10 pounds-1stone. I possibly had tho because last night i went on the lash so the boozin might have put a few back on.

This weekend is pretty much going to be carvery meals what with rugby, football in the pub and then outness afterwards so if i can manage to lose a stone in total in the next 2 weeks ill be happy. I realise now my 2 stone in 2 weeks idea was absurd lol!

Im still covinced it could be done but your whole day would have to be devoted to training and a very specific diet would have to be followed.
                                                      incredi-level?
                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I thought I successfully argued that losing 2 stone of fat in 2 weeks was impossible for 99.99% of the population

Comment

If the pictures from dubai are true and she has taken Terry back yet again then thats just unbelieveable. Seriously, she is hot, could get any man she wanted and yet she decides to stay with a guy like Terry. Why doesnt she just divorce him for a huge payday and get a decent bloke. He may be the father of her kids but thats hardly a reason to stay with him.

As a footballer i think hes fantastic. As a bloke hes a complete scumbag.

Guys like him don't deserve to be so successfull in life imo.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                            incredi-level?
                                                            What part?

If your talking about Bray then how could you not like it as a kid. Seaside, amusements. What more could you want.

I thought I successfully argued that losing 2 stone of fat in 2 weeks was impossible for 99.99% of the population
                                                            So what about the other 0.01%? Did you even read what i wrote? I never said it would be easy. If you were 18, 20 stone or whatever you culd easily do it BUT you would bassically have to put your body through hell to do it.

Comment

So what about the other 0.01%? Did you even read what i wrote?

Yeah you are trying to lose weight whilst boozing, eating late night Kebab's and shall be par-taking in carvery's over the weekend. Best of luck with that ye fat bastard.
                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

So what about the other 0.01%? Did you even read what i wrote? I never said it would be easy. If you were 18, 20 stone or whatever you culd easily do it BUT you would bassically have to put your body through hell to do it.
                                                                you obviously didnt read what i wrote. To burn 1lb of fat you need to burn 3500 cals. To stop your body going into starvation mode and retaining fat the average male needs to consume 2200 cals. To lose 2 stone of fat in 2 weeks you need to burn 2lb a day

thats 2 x 3500 + 2200 = 9200 cals a day that need to be burned

So basically you need to train to burn off the excess 7000 cals. 1 hour of hard training will burn 800 cals. So youd pretty much have to train for 9 hours a day as well as eating a squeaky clean diet.

The only person I know that did this (not by choice) was an Irish rower who was racing across the Atlantic. It was a 2 man team. they would row for 2 hours, eat for a half an hour and sleep for 90 mins and then swap over. They did this solidly for 2 weeks solid -24 hours a day and burned 2.5 stone in fat - so i guess thats the 0.01% you were looking for

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                  Yeah you are trying to lose weight whilst boozing, eating late night Kebab's and shall be par-taking in carvery's over the weekend. Best of luck with that ye fat bastard.
                                                                  Excuse me for being sociable and having friends to go out with. hmm i wonder would a night in front of the tv be more fun!? 1 kebab i had all week and a carvery is a normal meal. Considering i went for a run this morning and did 20mins of situps, crunches etc (which i do every morning) im pretty sure a carvery wont kill me.

Plus im not fat, im 6ft 2inches. My weight which is about 15 and a half stone is only a touch overweight. In the long run this is what i want to weigh but in muscle. I intend to lose a stone of fat then switch to weights and put the stone back on in muscle for when the rugby season starts back up.

That awnser your question? Ya skinny basterd

Comment

Excuse me for being sociable and having friends to go out with. hmm i wonder would a night in front of the tv be more fun!? 1 kebab i had all week and a carvery is a normal meal. Considering i went for a run this morning and did 20mins of situps, crunches etc (which i do every morning) im pretty sure a carvery wont kill me.

Plus im not fat, im 6ft 2inches. My weight which is about 15 and a half stone is only a touch overweight. In the long run this is what i want to weigh but in muscle. I intend to lose a stone of fat then switch to weights and put the stone back on in muscle for when the rugby season starts back up.

That awnser your question? Ya skinny basterd
                                                                    hmmm where to start here.....I think you should check out the fitness forum on boards because some of your ideas are way off!!!

doing weights - especially full body exercises such as the Squat, Deadlift and Bench press is a far quicker way to burn fat than going for a run or doing sit ups. While im on it sit ups are the biggest waste of time when it comes to trying to get fit. they only target the abdominals which in relative terms is a small muscle and you wont start to see a 6 pack unless you get your body fat percentage into single digits

Comment

To burn 1lb of fat you need to burn 3500 cals. To stop your body going into starvation mode and retaining fat the average male needs to consume 2200 cals. To lose 2 stone of fat in 2 weeks you need to burn 2lb a day

thats 2 x 3500 + 2200 = 9200 cals a day that need to be burned

So basically you need to train to burn off the excess 7000 cals. 1 hour of hard training will burn 800 cals. So youd pretty much have to train for 9 hours a day as well as eating a squeaky clean diet.

The only person I know that did this (not by choice) was an Irish rower who was racing across the Atlantic. It was a 2 man team. they would row for 2 hours, eat for a half an hour and sleep for 90 mins and then swap over. They did this solidly for 2 weeks solid -24 hours a day and burned 2.5 stone in fat - so i guess thats the 0.01% you were looking for

you obviously didnt read what i wrote.
                                                                      I did. You obviously didn't have to write it tho as i never said it was something that could be done by anyone who was a normal weight. Im of to the pub anyway if i can get my fat ass of this chair so was nice arguing with you over nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                        Such a pity they don't ship to Ireland. This one looks like a super deal

Same item with someone who ships to Ireland.

Opr
                                                                        This thread might be helpful:

Comment

I did. You obviously didn't have to write it tho as i never said it was something that could be done by anyone who was a normal weight. Im of to the pub anyway if i can get my fat ass of this chair so was nice arguing with you over nothing
                                                                          it cant be done by anyone no matter what weight they are.

Does this new place have an ignore option?

Comment

Is it possible to transfer to just a boyles betting account and not a poker one?

Comment

Thats pretty out of order after bubbleking goes to the effort of making an interesting post on the science involved.

Comment

Ireland make 151-6 off their 20 overs today against Holland. Could be tight.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Thats pretty out of order after bubbleking goes to the effort of making an interesting post on the science involved.
                                                                                  dunno why I bothered

Comment

dunno why I bothered
                                                                                    It's impossible to reason with trolls after all especially those that are never wrong.

FWIW as a chap who is getting increasingly portly, I found your post very interesting

Comment

I have to say, I'm impressed with how Eddie has made himself to be the most hated cunt here in such a short space of time considering there is a fair bit of competition for that prize.

Comment

Ehh you just said 2 rowers or something did it so what does that say for the above statement?

You remind me of Ross from friends. He has to be right about everything and is so naive that whatever he says HAS to be true and theres no small possibility of anyone ever proving him wrong. Are you telling me that it's impossible and that you have followed every person in the world who has went on a diet?

In fact don't even awnser. Just link me to that ignore thing if they have it. Thanks

EDIT. Just seen kev's post. Hes the one who has to be right. Im not the one saying its impossible so not quite sure how you can say im in the wrong here. Also please link a post to where i have trolled since this forum began. I was just updating on how my fitness thing was going. Hardly trolling.
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 13-02-10, 13:35.

Comment

It's impossible to reason with trolls after all especially those that are never wrong.

FWIW as a chap who is getting increasingly portly, I found your post very interesting
                                                                                          Yeah, between this fat debate and the Portsmouth thing the other day I think we can just accept that Eddie is not worth listening to.
                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

replying to Bubblekings post with a sarky picture is the very definition of trolling

Comment

yeah i was getting that way myself so made a new years resolution to lose weight - in 6 weeks iv lost roughly 1.5 stone mainly by just cleaning up my diet - dont get me wrong i still try and train 4-5 times a week but i think losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise

Comment

Ireland make 151-6 off their 20 overs today against Holland. Could be tight.
                                                                                                2 Dutch wickets in the first over. Dream start for the Irish bowlers

Comment

Are you telling me that it's impossible and that you have followed every person in the world who has went on a diet?
                                                                                                  No.

I also dont have to go all around the world to test if the speed of gravity is 9.81m/s - its just science man the same holds true no matter where in the world you are

Comment

No.

I also dont have to go all around the world to test if the speed of gravity is 9.81m/s - its just science man the same holds true no matter where in the world you are
                                                                                                    So its scientifically proven? Well if thats the case then a link would be appreciated and ill be humble in admitting you were right

Comment

replying to Bubblekings post with a sarky picture is the very definition of trolling
                                                                                                      I disagree. In that case quite alot of people have trolled in this bbv.

IMO trolling is someone who literally posts the opposite of what everyone else thinks every day looking for a reaction and an argument. A good troll wont go over the line and insult anyone that way he wont be banned (eagle eye in the old bbv is a good example).

My posts about Portsmouth were my opinion (which i took back once i took away the football side of it and thought about families not having income from the job losses etc).

My comments on the weight thing also are completly justified. Theres no way bubbleking can be so arrogant as to say this its impossible. You just cant for something like that. Ill do some googleing tomorrow and try and find a story about someone who has did it.

Comment

hmmm where to start here.....I think you should check out the fitness forum on boards because some of your ideas are way off!!!

doing weights - especially full body exercises such as the Squat, Deadlift and Bench press is a far quicker way to burn fat than going for a run or doing sit ups. While im on it sit ups are the biggest waste of time when it comes to trying to get fit. they only target the abdominals which in relative terms is a small muscle and you wont start to see a 6 pack unless you get your body fat percentage into single digits
                                                                                                        Fitness forum is a little unwelcoming at the start and especially with a posting style like his.

Although lifts like the squat, bench and dl are important at the start i still think that a certain amount of interval training (HIT, LIT, HIIT, HITT) mixed with alot of assistance work is necessary. If you have a look at the IP site you'll see the programs set for the guys every month. Squats, Bench and DL can become boring so a bit of variety can go a long way.

At the moment i do three rower interval session, two strength session and two conditioning (dedicated or mixed) sessions a week along with my on the mat training.

Sorting out your diet is the priority because no matter how hard you train, you cannot outtrain a bad diet. You dont even have to be a food nazi (if anyone has the soup nazi episode of seinfeild, could they please cousinify it), just make small changes and you'll see results.

+1m on the situps. For a strong stomach, even if it is covered in fat, i recommend the plank.

For a bit of perversion, you should check out this persons videos on youtube. getting past the amamzing looking girl, the excercises and routines she posts are fantastic.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGUt94VrLI"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COGUt94VrLI[/ame]

Does this new place have an ignore option?
                                                                                                        +1 on both counts

I dont have much time at the moment so I'll try to post more later

Comment

yeah i was getting that way myself so made a new years resolution to lose weight - in 6 weeks iv lost roughly 1.5 stone mainly by just cleaning up my diet - dont get me wrong i still try and train 4-5 times a week but i think losing weight is 80% diet and 20% exercise
                                                                                                          I didnt see this before i posted but i'd like to say well done, keep it up and you are totally right about the 80:20 split at the beginning. As you get fitter and leaner the emphasis will change.

Comment

COME ON IRELAND, let's show those French how to really handle a ball.

Comment

So its scientifically proven? Well if thats the case then a link would be appreciated and ill be humble in admitting you were right
                                                                                                              Here is a link that convinces me.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                                I didnt see this before i posted but i'd like to say well done, keep it up and you are totally right about the 80:20 split at the beginning. As you get fitter and leaner the emphasis will change.
                                                                                                                Thanks man - I try to post over there a bit myself although i wouldnt have the same knowledge as some of the posters and mods over there. I have a training log myself - I know you can do lots of compound exercises I was just using the Squat, Bench and DL as examples

Comment

I just booked a table for two for Valentines Night,don't think the Mr's will be too impressed though as she's shi t at snooker.
                                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

thanks Bubbleking and Tomd, I'm off to rejoin the gym on Sunday. My target is not really weight loss , it's fitness. So the bike, some runs and some medium weights.
                                                                                                                    the diet aspect is the hardest for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      Here is a link that convinces me.
                                                                                                                      Yes and in that post he says the following...

He then goes on to say 2 rowers did it. He has contradicted himself so many times its hilarious.

Yes or no bubbleking is it possible? And if you say it's not then why did you post the the piece of info above and the stuff about the rowers if it's not true. Thats why i posted the cool stroy bro thing. Because obviously if he was right about it being impossible then the story about the rowers and the above is a complete and utter useless piece of information!

Jesus surely someone agrees with me as its all down in black and white that ITS NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO DO IT.

Comment

.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                          thanks Bubbleking and Tomd, I'm off to rejoin the gym on Sunday. My target is not really weight loss , it's fitness. So the bike, some runs and some medium weights.
                                                                                                                          the diet aspect is the hardest for me though.
                                                                                                                          Diet is the hardest part for everyone. Make small changes. For example for the first two weeks dont eat unhealthy snacks between meals. Have some almonds instead.

Baby steps

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X