Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

full tank is approx 60 euro, so that leaves 80 for the BBQ, not bad value, about what i paid for my lidl one with 2 burners and a side pot.
    http://mobro.co/zuroph
    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      4 burner gas BBQ with side burner, 140 with a full gas cannister thrown in. New, still in the box

good value? I agreed to buy it last night but I'm a garden appliances fish and am doubting myself now. Seemed like a good deal at the time.
      sounds like a bargain

Comment

4 burner gas BBQ with side burner, 140 with a full gas cannister thrown in. New, still in the box

good value? I agreed to buy it last night but I'm a garden appliances fish and am doubting myself now. Seemed like a good deal at the time.
        Gas BBQ... you might as well cook the food on your cooker.

Charcoal is the only way for a BBQ
        Last edited by Macspower; 06-08-10, 14:19.
        Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

where did you go last night Danny, you left just as the valooo arrived?
          I left about 3 dont really put in ridiculous hours anymore.

I have no recollection of 'now that's money', refresh my memory plz

Can't remember throwing away a chopped hand either. Did recover somewhat - flopped two more sets and stacked lads both times, also pulled off some ridic bluff with 82o to finish up about 400 but should really have been more like a grand as I kept spewing back the loots. Standard really.
          Wow you must of been alot worse than i gave you credit for Scarface was on the tv and it was one of the scenes with mountains of coke and bundles and bundles of cash and you just pipe up with "now thats money" while you were betting a hand.

Yeah the chopped hand was the hand between yourself and Jane when you both turned a pair and went check check on the river, she declared one pair thinking you had the bigger pair and you said no ive an 8 and she turns over 108 and you mucked 68, hand would of been AKJ88 chop that up. Well it did take the dealer about half an hour to tell us later about it.

All them other drunks come over from the other table i take it? What time did you leave at?
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I have no recollection of 'now that's money', refresh my memory plz

Can't remember throwing away a chopped hand either. Did recover somewhat - flopped two more sets and stacked lads both times, also pulled off some ridic bluff with 82o to finish up about 400 but should really have been more like a grand as I kept spewing back the loots. Standard really.
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhmcJ7Zg5ko&feature=related[/ame]
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
              Gas BBQ... you might as well cook the food on your cooker.

Charcoal is the only was for a BBQ
              we have a charcoal one already but Mrs Duke III has been making noises about getting a gas one
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
                While we appreciate your disquiet White Knight, we would appreciate if you would forward further queries or concerns you may have to customer.services@lottery.ie

Dia duit.
                Would you consider doing a Well?

Dia'is Mhuire duit

Comment

we have a charcoal one already but Mrs Duke III has been making noises about getting a gas one
                  The wimmen run the indoor kitchen, the men do the BBQ.

Is that not a rule of some "Man's code"?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    Wow you must of been alot worse than i gave you credit for Scarface was on the tv and it was one of the scenes with mountains of coke and bundles and bundles of cash and you just pipe up with "now thats money" while you were betting a hand.
                    I remember Scarface alright, know that scene well. In my defence, that really is 'money' smartarse!

Yeah the chopped hand was the hand between yourself and Jane when you both turned a pair and went check check on the river, she declared one pair thinking you had the bigger pair and you said no ive an 8 and she turns over 108 and you mucked 68, hand would of been AKJ88 chop that up. Well it did take the dealer about half an hour to tell us later about it.
                    no memory of that whatsover, can't have been much of a pot though

All them other drunks come over from the other table i take it? What time did you leave at?
                    yeah, just after you left. I left about 4.30 and it was still going strong

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                      The wimmen run the indoor kitchen, the men do the BBQ.

Is that not a rule of some "Man's code"?
                      Man's Code = shut the fuck up and do what you're told

Comment

I remember Scarface alright, know that scene well. In my defence, that really is 'money' smartarse!

I can't play beyond 2.00am on a school night anymore. Fair play to you!
                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Married Man's Code = shut the fuck up and do what you're told
                          fyp

Comment

Pot was probably like €40 or so. You do remember your first hand? Blind raise to 7 and pick up the aul AA.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                              Anybody know anything about cars?

Im hearing this low rumbling (kind of like the sound of a worn bearing) when Im in 3rd-5th gear but it seems fine in 1st and 2nd. FWIW it only seems to come on in the upper gears when I go above 2000 rpm - anybody have any ideas? Should I get it checked or hope it just goes away?
                              Either
                              1) Loose change in the door side pocket
                              2) Driveshaft unwell

p.s. I know nothing about cars.

Comment

Pot was probably like €40 or so. You do remember your first hand? Blind raise to 7 and pick up the aul AA.
                                Can you post in the study group forum how you obtained that skill please?
                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Speaking of clothes shopping this may or may not be of use to the collective

Factory warehouse selling suits to the public

This place is little more then a warehouse. Huge choice and selection. Run by no nonsense german dudes and pretty quiet mid week if you can get out there.

I bought two suits for €175 each (100% pure wool, good quality), two shirts for €25 each and three silk ties for €15 each. I felt I got value.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                    Anybody know anything about cars?

Im hearing this low rumbling (kind of like the sound of a worn bearing) when Im in 3rd-5th gear but it seems fine in 1st and 2nd. FWIW it only seems to come on in the upper gears when I go above 2000 rpm - anybody have any ideas? Should I get it checked or hope it just goes away?
                                    Vaguest description ever!

Also... when are you not above 2k rpm? Your poor engine
                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Ah classic ElS - back on the old SE run good!

Comment

gas BBQ's are absolute shite.
                                        My dad has one and I havent the heart to tell him it's absolutley pointless.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                          Vaguest description ever!

Also... when are you not above 2k rpm? Your poor engine
                                          Im above it the whole time its just the noise only becomes noticeable when Im in 3rd-5th

Comment

Wine Vending Machines

I know you can get cans of beer in vending machines in a lot of French cities and towns, but this is kind of cool!

EDIT: - no its not

Also Shit-Powered Car
                                            Last edited by Emmet; 06-08-10, 10:22.

Comment

so 68 vs 108 on a AKJ8x board?
                                              and it was a €40 pot?
                                              Am i alone in thinking that is a little weird?
                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                and it was a €40 pot?
                                                In fairness its pretty standard for live cash
                                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

and it was a €40 pot?
                                                  Yeah... pot is a bit small alright...

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                                    In fairness its pretty standard for live cash
                                                    sigh....I never find games like that.

Comment

OK BBV, I need your help.
                                                      Going to Florida Tuesday for 2 weeks and as of yet have not got any dollars changed.
                                                      Where is a good place to change ma money?
                                                      The GF works out in the Airport and as such wont be changed a fee but has been quoted $1020 for €800 which is a shite rate compared to xe.com's $1020 for €774.86

Am I better off changing in the states?

Comment

Saw alabma 3 last night. One of the best life acts i have seen. Iwas sober but could only imagition what they would be like to see with a few drinks they are crazy on stage.

Comment

a fee but has been quoted $1020 for €800 which is a shite rate compared to xe.com's $1020 for €774.86
                                                          You will never get the XE quoted rate though.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                            Saw alabma 3 last night. One of the best life acts i have seen. Iwas sober but could only imagition what they would be like to see with a few drinks they are crazy on stage.
                                                            Are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                              Ah classic ElS - back on the old SE run good!
                                                              hit more sets last night than I have all year

once I detached my head from my ass, 'twas all plain sailing!

Comment

You will never get the XE quoted rate though.
                                                                but obviously the rate in the airport is awful, am I better off using my bank card (cirrus) in the states?

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                                                  Can you post in the study group forum how you obtained that skill please?
                                                                  animal sacrifices obv.

Comment

but obviously the rate in the airport is awful, am I better off using my bank card (cirrus) in the states?
                                                                    I suspect the bank charges will be awful internationally.

Can you not get to a bank near you?

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                      Are you sure?
                                                                      Yeah i just cant spell lol. Maybe i should use spell check before posting.

Comment

I suspect the bank charges will be awful internationally.

Can you not get to a bank near you?
                                                                        not before I go.
                                                                        I could probably get to a Bureau de Exhange Saturday in town but
                                                                        just looking for a good deal.
                                                                        Preloading a Visa is what I'm mostly doing but just want some walking around money

Comment

speaking of 'run good', I had a BCB sized punt on a horse last night. I took the 13/8 in the afternoon with PP (in a shop) and the noble beast duly obliged. SP was 2/1.

collected just now and the bird behind the counter paid out at 2/1. Obviously I said nothing and walked out with the loots in my grubby little paw (feck them, they can afford to pay BCB's wages)

Are PP now doing guaranteed 'best of SP or early price' in their shops or did I just run good?

Comment

OK BBV, I need your help.
                                                                            Going to Florida Tuesday for 2 weeks and as of yet have not got any dollars changed.
                                                                            Where is a good place to change ma money?
                                                                            The GF works out in the Airport and as such wont be changed a fee but has been quoted $1020 for €800 which is a shite rate compared to xe.com's $1020 for €774.86

Am I better off changing in the states?
                                                                            Fairly sure taking it out of machines when you get there is the way to go.
                                                                            Use actual bank machines though - i.e., machines at banks, not machines in shops/hotels/bars/airports/train-stations etc.

And take out a decent amount each time as there is a small flat fee each time you take out.

Comment

impressive pizza oven there Brian, I take it you concocted this yoke yourself?

Comment

1/2 with a straddle would explain it, no?

Comment

@Raoul, yea they give you the better price.

Comment

What a cunt

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScvG0r6Z2Ac[/ame]
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

you bastard careca, that's my line!
                                                                                      You snooze, you lose

If its any consolation, I was thinking of you when I typed it.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                        You snooze, you lose

If its any consolation, I was thinking of you when I typed it.
                                                                                        if it's any consolation, I was thinking of you when Down whipped ye last weekend

Comment

You gotta give action to get it. Clearly you are an Ionapaul style life nit.

Comment

Nice oven Brian. Until the second picture, I thought it was just something from the internet you found.

Comment

Champions League draw. CKid should be happy, it looks the easiest draw Spurs could have got.

Young Boys (SUI) v Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
                                                                                              Sporting Braga (POR) v Sevilla (ESP)
                                                                                              Werder Bremen (GER) v Sampdoria (ITA)
                                                                                              Zenit St Petersburg (RUS) v Auxerre (FRA)
                                                                                              Dynamo Kiev (UKR) v Ajax (NED)
                                                                                              Salzburg (AUT) v Hapoel Tel-Aviv (ISR)
                                                                                              Rosenborg (NOR) v Copenhagen (DEN)
                                                                                              Basel (SUI) v FC Sheriff (MDA)
                                                                                              Sparta Prague (CZE) v MSK Zilina (SVK)
                                                                                              Partizan Belgrade (SRB) v Anderlecht (BEL)

I'm going to be disciplined and not make any jokes about how Sol Campbell might rejoin just for this tie etc etc.

Comment

speaking of 'run good', I had a BCB sized punt on a horse last night. I took the 13/8 in the afternoon with PP (in a shop) and the noble beast duly obliged. SP was 2/1.

collected just now and the bird behind the counter paid out at 2/1. Obviously I said nothing and walked out with the loots in my grubby little paw (feck them, they can afford to pay BCB's wages)

Are PP now doing guaranteed 'best of SP or early price' in their shops or did I just run good?
                                                                                                SP guaranteed but singles only in most shops. Think its online as well.

Comment

if it's any consolation, I was thinking of you when Down whipped ye last weekend
                                                                                                  Touche !! No complaints, had a great run and it was fun while it lasted.

Comment

and it was a €40 pot?
                                                                                                    No its not weird at all i seen stranger.

Comment

quality double rubdown there V

Comment

have exam and flights booked for London next month - now just to study eh....stuff

Comment

impressive pizza oven there Brian, I take it you concocted this yoke yourself?
                                                                                                          Thanks. Yep. I imagined it up from scratch. I finished dinner one Saturday evening and in an unusual moment of imagination the pizza oven was conceived from a vague memory of a pile of bricks behind the shed in the garden. No clue where the idea came from. We were eating stir fry and talking about work.

An hour and a half later and my brother and I had it built. It was weird. It was as though we had specifically sourced just enough of all of the required materials but the truth was it was all stuff that was left over from renovations on the house a few years ago.

We ran a trial with a frozen pizza that night and way overcooked it in 10 minutes. The box said 14-16 minutes. So since we were so chuffed with ourselves we decided that the oven shouldn't really be sullied with cheap frozen food and we spent the next day making our own pizza dough and pizzas.

Results as above.

We were impressed! I'm maybe a little too proud of it. We've fired it up on 3 occasions so far. It's good craic when you've a group around because once you've made the pizza bases, people can do their own toppings. They cook in about 5 minutes once the oven is hot enough.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                            You gotta give action to get it. Clearly you are an Ionapaul style life nit.
                                                                                                            It has its advantages! :-) Even this week, I was planning to invest in Unliver or Proctor & Gamble but in the end convinced myself that a ETF focusing on high dividend paying equities worldwide (probably including both companies TBH) would be a smarter move and pulled the trigger on Tuesday...on Wednesday P&G announced poor results and slipped 4% and then yesterday Uniliver did the same! When I first started investing during the dotcom boom without any clue (now I've very little clue) I was a real risk taker, now I'm much more nit-like!

Going HERE again tomorrow night for a big joint birthday party; it's the business!

Comment

ridiculously impressed by brianmc's pizza oven

I want one

Comment

Originally posted by brianmc View Post
                                                                                                                Thanks. Yep. I imagined it up from scratch. I finished dinner one Saturday evening and in an unusual moment of imagination the pizza oven was conceived from a vague memory of a pile of bricks behind the shed in the garden. No clue where the idea came from. We were eating stir fry and talking about work.

An hour and a half later and my brother and I had it built. It was weird. It was as though we had specifically sourced just enough of all of the required materials but the truth was it was all stuff that was left over from renovations on the house a few years ago.

We ran a trial with a frozen pizza that night and way overcooked it in 10 minutes. The box said 14-16 minutes. So since we were so chuffed with ourselves we decided that the oven shouldn't really be sullied with cheap frozen food and we spent the next day making our own pizza dough and pizzas.

Results as above.

We were impressed! I'm maybe a little too proud of it. We've fired it up on 3 occasions so far. It's good craic when you've a group around because once you've made the pizza bases, people can do their own toppings. They cook in about 5 minutes once the oven is hot enough.
                                                                                                                Thats excellent. But why do you go and spoil it all by putting pineapple on the Pizza

Is there a paving slab between the fire and the oven part, or what do you use?
                                                                                                                Are the rest of the bricks just sitting loose?
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 06-08-10, 11:45.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

ridiculously impressed by brianmc's pizza oven

I want one
                                                                                                                  I've already startes making mine ... Well I just sent an idle teenager out to survey what spare blocks we have lying around
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Anyone know where that Wedding Clown Prank thread went to on boards? Can't find it anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafortezza View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone know where that Wedding Clown Prank thread went to on boards? Can't find it anywhere.
                                                                                                                      I think he requested it to be deleted in case the fella saw it

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
                                                                                                                        BBV advice plz. Was acting the idiot earlier while on the razz. Went to jump over a wall, all good on the way up, when I landed, I landed on my right foot, in slip-ons. Right foot gave way and I heard a crack. Now ankle has swollen and I have a pain above my ankle about 3-4 inches up.

Thoughts? I can put weight on it but it hurts like a bitch. Pretty sure its just torn ligaments fwiw. I am a girl
                                                                                                                        I break my ankle or do the ligaments every ~5 months or so because I didn't get it treated properly when I messed it up the first time. Make sure you take all the recovery time before going back to using it properly, might feel ok but will do you damage in the long term.

Oh yeah, you are a girl. Slip ons, pffft.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X