This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
    Full tilt down, or just me? Could someone check please!
    fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      Full tilt down, or just me? Could someone check please!
      Just you. I'm playing away fine although I've been logged in all day. If there's login problems I wouldn't have noticed.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Posted before, but its class so...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY[/ame]

Comment

Thanls lads, it won't open for me and it's a pretty bad time for it to happen!
          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cewQSy66n6A[/ame]

Solid
            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Down in Galway for the poker festival in the Eglinton.
              Played the 25 rebut at 4.30.
              32 runners, came 6th - out on bubble.

Then played the 100 FO. Played well, down to 32 runners when I went out.
              Go crippled when I ran KK into AA. Had 7k left after that. Blinds were 400,800 and I had AQ suited UTG.
              I pushed and was called with JJ. A J on the flop sealed my fate.

Playing 1/2 cash now. Hit quad 4s for an early double up and then hit a set of 7s to further increase the stack.
              Some very very soft money floating around

Comment

One thing I have never gotten used to is people doing comedy who have no innate comedic talent. Was at a gig tonight with 8 "comics". Now I'm a comedy snob, and had spent the weekend watching a few of the greats of the art form at the Carlseberg Comedy Festival, but I literally don't understand how painfully unfunny people can get up on stage and perform comedy to no laughter...and then do it again.

At least 5 of the people I saw tonight if you took their best gag if I had done any of them when I used to do stand up I would have gone straight home and blown my brains out with a shotgun for crimes against comedy. Bizarre.

I've always wanted to ask them is it just a hard neck, delusion, or they enjoy so so they do it irrespective of ability to do so. But you can't exactly ask.

Meh, these are the quality of mysteries that atheists are left to wrestle with.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                  One thing I have never gotten used to is people doing comedy who have no innate comedic talent. Was at a gig tonight with 8 "comics". Now I'm a comedy snob, and had spent the weekend watching a few of the greats of the art form at the Carlseberg Comedy Festival, but I literally don't understand how painfully unfunny people can get up on stage and perform comedy to no laughter...and then do it again.

At least 5 of the people I saw tonight if you took their best gag if I had done any of them when I used to do stand up I would have gone straight home and blown my brains out with a shotgun for crimes against comedy. Bizarre.

I've always wanted to ask them is it just a hard neck, delusion, or they enjoy so so they do it irrespective of ability to do so. But you can't exactly ask.

They tend to be Failed actors
                  SPOILER
                  and/or social retards
                  imo

got stage confidence, reading a book on timing (yes apparently timing is a subject now) and learning how to raise and/or lower their voices at points in the story

these people are coming to a TV near you soon!

of course the economy going bust has robbed them of hours of material about such things as hating when you order a skinny mocca latte with cream but you get served a full fat mocca latte with cream and the counter staff doesn't understand that the lowfat milk was to balance the cream in your micro diet plan etc etc... :meh:

ps we need a :meh: smiley

Comment

What gig were you at?

Comment

ship the 2k speed, slighty eased the pain for the shit i got into earlier. Cue doomswitch for aldazar, bbv will get you!

Comment

ipoker down for anyone?
                        . .

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                          ipoker down for anyone?
                          Boyles down but ppp working fine. Someone I know was deep in a tourney but it looks like he's gonna get blinded out on the bubble now.
                          It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                            What gig were you at?
                            New comedy gig that a friend started running tonight in Pacinos in Suffolk Street.

On the brighter side Glen Wool on Sunday was sublime.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                              I never get the Tom Cruise hate, always seems a pretty cool guy to me.

Super charismatic and looks like he really likes life, and why wouldn't you when you are Tom fucking Cruise.
                              He seems like a creep and a nutter to me.

Trip report? Would it be fun for a 4 and a 6 year old? More importantly, would it be fun for me (huge Darby O'Gill fan)?
                              Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                              For adults its poor enough, and much too pricey. A few staged bits and a guy telling stories (irish folklore stories - nice and all but nothing you haven't heard before - Salmon of Knowledge that sort of thing).
                              It's ok, better than I expected but my expectations were rock bottom, mild entertainment.
                              I brought my English friend who was in town for the day and we had a laugh.
                              Got some good photos in the room with oversized furniture (so you can feel the size of a leprechaun).

At the start, some ginger lad who works there talked a bit of blurb about Irish sh1te, said his name was Seamus, I rolled my eyes and thought 'yea, shure'.
                              But at the end I overheard an employee there telling the tourists that 'there is a lad who works here, red hair, his name is Seamus O'Reilly'.

Must be how he got the job.

On the way out there was a stand with cards for discounts in various places.
                              Free fries (I went for the cheese fries, saving: 4 quid or so) in Eddie Rockets.

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                              24 hour Tesco while making life easier is still not perfect.

Like you can't go between ten pm and 11-30pm as they have the self-service check-outs closed and you have to queue like an animal and be served by some gormless seriously depressed dude.
                              Self service check outs are for drones, I'm not doing Tesco's job for them.
                              Might have to start a thread in CT forum.

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                              Haven't been loving Top Gear as much in the last while but as people have mentioned they did a great piece about Ayrton Senna last night, if you have a few minutes to spare you should have a look at the piece.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_SQ1TI9A4A
                              Tbh, having watched that, he seemed like a talented driver but a humongously dangerous prick (shouldn't have been permitted to get away with the sh1t he did) whose actions were always going to result in the loss of life, fortunately his own rather than other people's.
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

shippity ship my way back into it

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 75/150 Blinds 20 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (MP1) (t1990)
                                MP2 (t9660)
                                MP3 (t11405)
                                CO (t5365)
                                Button (t1580)
                                SB (t7900)
                                BB (t6035)
                                UTG (t1375)
                                UTG+1 (t12005)

Hero's M: 4.91

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A
                                1 fold, UTG+1 calls t150, Hero bets t1970 (All-In), MP2 raises to t9640 (All-In), 3 folds, SB calls t7805 (All-In), 2 folds

Flop: (t18210) 7, Q, J (3 players, 3 all-in)

Turn: (t18210) 10 (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: (t18210) Q (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: t18210

Results:
                                SB had K, A (straight, Ace high).
                                Hero had K, A (royal flush).
                                MP2 had K, J (two pair, Queens and Jacks).
                                Outcome: SB won t11820, Hero won t6390

Comment

I've always liked Tom Cruise, don't get the hate at all. He has made so many great movies.
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGuZY6NVXqU[/ame]

Comment

That guitar just reminded me of Peter Green for some reason. One of my all time favourites and a nutter to boot. The second one was the last song he wrote before he left Fleetwood Mac. One of the greatest guitarists ever.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxux5LdmjQU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYBQdXv0BhM&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoasUjXBkm8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQ8AcEYTEFY[/ame]
                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Just on the whole guitar thing. My eldest girl got an acoustic guitar for her christmas and will be taking lessons from a neighbour of ours

http://www.markblackmusic.com/

Handy man to have a couple of doors away!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKlucE-5nIM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

lol good stuff. What was the criteria for getting them getting the chance to get up on stage though?. Was it an open mike thing or were they schedueled and had to do a 5 minute bit beforehand or something to prove they were worth letting up?.
                                            What nites is this on and whats the cover charge if any and approx start time?

Did you ever do a bit at the international bar?. I was there recently and really enjoyed it. What/where was the best gig you ever killed and what does it feel like if you bomb up there?. Is there a plan b for comedians for when it starts to slide?.

Comment

Originally posted by big_iain View Post
                                              Plus who the fuck is gonna be shopping in the middle of the night on a tuesday.
                                              unfortunate fuckers sent out in the middle of a blizzard for emergency nappy supplies

plus rounders123, he's always there
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                deffo standard practice in most hotels.

Wont poison you or anything. Once the food from the previous day is cooled properly and stored properly it's still perfect...

But Monday is the day for the chef to walk into the fridge and come up with a good lunch from whatever is there. Sign of a good chef actually if he can make something from nothing .... although todays menu didn't have lot of imagination... but the bacon chops with pepper sauce were a big hit as was the braised steak
                                                well there ya go.
                                                Does recycling bread and butter still happen?
                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                  27th July.... every calender I have has a circle around the 27th of July.... every gadget with a calender or reminder has just started beeping...

Any ideas why? I've been waiting 10 years for this date.... hint (gaming)
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Alright Messers I want my anonimity back. Abuse of powers imo

Comment

Originally posted by Richie Lawlor View Post
                                                      Alright Messers I want my anonimity back. Abuse of powers imo
                                                      Should be Richie_LawlorWexford or Richie_LawlorCork imo as it is dead confusing figuring out which one you are lol

Comment

RichieLawlor is HowardFinkel?

I'm shocked so I am, shocked

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                          Should be Richie_LawlorWexford or Richie_LawlorCork imo as it is dead confusing figuring out which one you are lol
                                                          I'm the original, think I'm 4 months older aswell. But still I was under cover here, how can They out me like that.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                            http://freemanireland.ning.com/forum...h-with-my-loan

how is there such a large movement of weirdos that believe in this stuff?
                                                            Those Videos and the threads on boards are the strongest arguments there are against decriminalisation.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                              http://freemanireland.ning.com/forum...h-with-my-loan

how is there such a large movement of weirdos that believe in this stuff?
                                                              Bored at Work, started reading some of their stuff.

Its very amusing

LOL
                                                              Each of the others was hired back; I was not. I learned later that I had scored
                                                              too high on the aptitude test. Some hotshot executive had discovered that I was not within the ‘hiring range’
                                                              for that particular job. Its not so much that I am brilliant as much as apparently I am equally left and rightbrained,
                                                              which is somewhat uncommon. Most people do well in either the Math or the English part of an
                                                              aptitude test, but not both, as I had done, and so my score was off the charts.
                                                              Last edited by Emmet; 27-07-10, 09:36.

Comment

Map your surname globally

pretty cool

strangely enough, there are many Murphys in Ireland. There's also quite a few in Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

pretty cool

strangely enough, there are many Murphys in Ireland. There's also quite a few in Argentina.
                                                                  That's very interesting.
                                                                  My crowd are most frequently found between Donegal and somewhere called the Grey District in New Zealand. (i know which I'd prefer)

Don't look for us in France though.

Comment

pretty cool

SPOILER
                                                                    most Irish names should come up with the same map

Comment

pretty cool

UNITED KINGDOM 108.85
                                                                      AUSTRALIA 56.18
                                                                      CANADA 30.94

Ireland not even in the top 10 for my surname.
                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

pretty cool

Not an O'Connor to be seen in Ireland apparently

Edit: They do it without the apostrophe...that tilts me, along with O'Conner and O'connor.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                          UNITED KINGDOM 108.85
                                                                          AUSTRALIA 56.18
                                                                          CANADA 30.94

Ireland not even in the top 10 for my surname.
                                                                          there's not many Rastfarians in Ireland tbf

praise be to the mighty lord Jah (as Sinead O'Connor might say)

Comment

there's not many Rastfarians in Ireland tbf

praise be to the mighty lord Jah (as Sinead O'Connor might say)
                                                                            It's the same as an airport, you have three attempts

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                              ps we need a :meh: smiley

Comment

1. Is your name Charles de Gaulle?

Comment

O'Hare?

Comment

Heathrow?
                                                                                    Gatwick
                                                                                    Knock

Comment

Zuutroy wins.

Comment

...
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Pretty low % of my name around
                                                                                          41.48 FPM is the largest spread of my name

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            ooh heaven forfend; no

can't be having my good made up interweb name linked to any sort of disparaging head movement such as the palmface

Comment

pretty cool

Plenty of Corbetts in Australia. Obviously my family have a dubious past.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                                Plenty of Corbetts in Australia. Obviously my family have a are dubious past.
                                                                                                YPF

Comment

I didn't know there was anything Hungarian about my name, although the area with most concentration is on the money. Pretty unusual name though.

Country FPM
                                                                                                  HUNGARY 91.97
                                                                                                  IRELAND 19.54
                                                                                                  SERBIA 11.15
                                                                                                  UNITED KINGDOM 3.24
                                                                                                  SWEDEN 1.26

Area Name FPM
                                                                                                  NORTH WEST , IRELAND 605.18
                                                                                                  PEST , HUNGARY 162.77
                                                                                                  TASMAN DISTRICT , NEW-ZEALAND 87.98
                                                                                                  VOJVODINA , SERBIA 48.02
                                                                                                  EAST , IRELAND 16.76

Comment

All this talk of Australia reminds me of this book I just finished. It's worth a read [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/True-History-Kelly-Peter-Carey/dp/0571209874/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1280224528&sr=8-1[/ame]

Comment

...

Comment

Zuutroy wins.
                                                                                                        Take out the apostrophe and you get up to an more sensible 300 per Million
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

B.O.D prefers his midnight shopping in tesco. Its also convenient for shift workers and people dont come like to come into contact with people if it can be helped. Shops say its a good dating option too but i dont believe in it.

I nearly got into trouble yesterday in tescos just for tipping off someone who was going to fall foul of the €2.50 meal deal(sandwich,tropicana, and tayto). There was an ex hard chaw and his bird obv buying a meal deal for someone else but you have to get the tropicana original otherwise it doesnt scan in any you pay full whack. Hes an ex hard chaw because he's 40 ish now and a Micky Rourke type look and his bird is hard with a short fuse. Shes hovering around the tuna melt fridge door and im hoping she gets lost as i want the tuna melt but theres a reverence at the fridges that means you cant just bust your way past someone else who is perousing quite like you can at the non refrigerated shelves.

Micky Rourke makes a bad play for the tropicana mango, i spot the move and i tell him that if its the meal deal he's going for its best he goes for the original as its the only version that counts in the meal deal. He looks a bit startled that someone has addressed him to help him and not to ask him to leave or tackle him in some way but nods and mutters a suspicious thanks but then ruins it by saying he knew that there was a particular tropicana but just didnt know which(he didnt use the word particular btw). I didnt really buy it that he knew that but nodded and chuckled something to the effect "Ah yeah i suppose if your not getting them as regular as me its easy to forget" but not forgetting he most probably just lied to me.

I knew early they were fishing for the meal deal because his bird was already holding the tayto and speculating does such and such like tuna. They decided on the tuna sandwich ans as he was wheeling away to the till it occured to me that i put him wrong and sent him away with a 'smooth' and not the 'original'. They were almost at the 15m cut off for calling out but i let out a call anyway that didnt alert the punch drunk Mickey but alerted his bird and she shot me a look as if to say "what is it now?". WTF im trying to help a fellow shopper here and shes getting narked. Mickey hasnt stalled yet but looks back now and realises im flagging him down for another headsup. He comes back and i fill him in on the error i made but this time he's looking at me and actually says "Are you sure now?" like im some temp stand in duty manager. 100% sure i say. I meet him a minute later at the express checkout and im just hoping he has no glitches at the scanning in of the meal deal because even though im 100% sure its the original tropicana the reduction isnt apparant until you press 'pay now' but it all went off smoothly in the end.
                                                                                                          Last edited by rounders123; 27-07-10, 12:02. Reason: chaw ftw!

Comment

...

Comment

lol mindyourownbusiness-aments
                                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                Pretty low % of my name around
                                                                                                                41.48 FPM is the largest spread of my name
                                                                                                                I wonder can anyone get lower than mine, even though it's of Celtic origin and is traced back to the Orkney Islands off Scotland, here's my spread. Those Canadians must have been like rabbits!

CANADA 19.71
                                                                                                                IRELAND 2.74
                                                                                                                SWEDEN 1.26
                                                                                                                FRANCE 0.99
                                                                                                                UNITED KINGDOM 0.44

Comment

I can't stand tuna.
                                                                                                                  Cold, brown, mushy, fish.
                                                                                                                  Granted I'll eat it in a decent sushi place or will try a tuna steak
                                                                                                                  it's just the idea of tinned processed gooey ground up chicken of the sea has absolutley no appeal to me.
                                                                                                                  Tuna Sweetcorn rolls and sambos have the appearance to me of another brown mushy substance that sometimes has corn in it.
                                                                                                                  Horrible stuff altogether

Comment

Originally posted by ste05 View Post
                                                                                                                    i wonder can anyone get lower than mine, even though it's of celtic origin and is traced back to the orkney islands off scotland, here's my spread. Those canadians must have been like rabbits!

Canada 19.71
                                                                                                                    ireland 2.74
                                                                                                                    sweden 1.26
                                                                                                                    france 0.99
                                                                                                                    united kingdom 0.44

luxembourg 8.5
                                                                                                                    united kingdom 6.31
                                                                                                                    new-zealand 0.71
                                                                                                                    spain 0.63
                                                                                                                    netherlands 0.43
                                                                                                                    germany 0.16

Comment

Girl I was seeing for a while..

GERMANY 0.16
                                                                                                                      FRANCE 0.05
                                                                                                                      UNITED STATES 0.04

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEdFxjje7dI&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

LOL Rounders, I actually LOL'd at that!!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X