Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really want to get involved in one over there but I've had that drooler Eagle Eye on my ignore list for ages then I go to see Kayroos thread and I'm not logged in so I get to see this :
    Originally posted by eagle eye
    How come they are still showing up as mods here then if they have quit?

I hope this isn't another one of these situations where they are trying to resolve an issue and return.
    and even better still this:
    Originally posted by eagle eye
    I'd agree that Lloyd has been a good mod and more importantly an excellent contributor to the many forums he frequents on boards.

I have to be honest though, I thought LL's account had been hacked or something. It was not just what happened in the soccer forum but in another forum that I frequent that led me to think this. In all fairness he should never have did what he did in the soccer forum, while it might be funny to some of us, it was disrespecting soccer forum members. He has two choices, close the thread or leave it. He went thread spoiling which is against the rules of that forum and imo deserves to be removed as a mod from that forum for those actions, otherwise you are saying its one rule for mods and another for everybody else. I don't understand though why he was removed as mod of the poker forum. Thats just wrong.
    I mean to say, seriously there isn't enough facepalm pics on the internet for this guy.
    I hope the ignore button is working for when he drags his knuckles over here.
    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-01-10, 15:11.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

i tried to type DeVore into the member referral box

Comment

Strange story breaking at the moment.

Looks like Salvador Cabañas, Paraguayan striker and likely partner for Santa Cruz up front in the World Cup this year has been shot dead in Mexico City in the last few hours.

Edit :
        Still alive but doesn't sound too promising.

Was reportedly a target of Sunderland in this transfer window.
        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 25-01-10, 15:15.

Comment

Clearly if somebody doesn't have the exact same point of view as Strewelpeter they are just wrong
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Looks like they got their man

Comment

Hellooooooo

Good luck with this,

Comment

Originally posted by Hyzepher View Post
                Looks like they got their man
                Anymore jokes about people who have been shot in the head. They are hilarious afterall.

Comment

For whoever was asking about the stars under usernames (can't be arsed to find it)

2 stars 150 posts
                  3 stars 1000 posts
                  4 stars 5000 posts
                  5 stars 10000 posts

I think it'll be a while before more than that are needed anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    Anymore jokes about people who have been shot in the head. They are hilarious afterall.
                    Thats pretty sick. But if you want, I'm sure sickipedia is the place to go to.
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Strange story breaking at the moment.

Looks like Salvador Cabañas, Paraguayan striker and likely partner for Santa Cruz up front in the World Cup this year has been shot dead in Mexico City in the last few hours.

Edit :
                      Still alive but doesn't sound too promising.

Yeah, from his Wiki: Cabanas was shot in the head at a bar in Mexico City the night of 24-25 January, 2010. His condition is listed as "grave".[7] According to his wife, he tried to react against a robbery.[8]
                      Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                        Clearly if somebody doesn't have the exact same point of view as Strewelpeter they are just wrong
                        Are you not just a level account, I honestly thought you were. On ignore again you go if I can

Comment

We (BCB, robinblinds and myself) are thinking of setting up a PPP account here to post all of our promotions and Irish Open stuff, rather than us managing it using our 'regular' accounts. Good / bad idea? It will mean that the work stuff posted will become a little less personalised but maybe using a faceless corporate account would be fun; you'd be able to guess which one of us was using it by our writing styles!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                            Are you not just a level account, I honestly thought you were. On ignore again you go if I can
                            I don't think I've ever seen you post anything on the other forum, nothing of any consequence anyways. Ignore for you too.
                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                              We (BCB, robinblinds and myself) are thinking of setting up a PPP account here to post all of our promotions and Irish Open stuff, rather than us managing it using our 'regular' accounts. Good / bad idea? It will mean that the work stuff posted will become a little less personalised but maybe using a faceless corporate account would be fun; you'd be able to guess which one of us was using it by our writing styles!
                              Its fine by us anyway, as long as it keeps generating IO tickets for us obv...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                For whoever was asking about the stars under usernames (can't be arsed to find it)

2 stars 150 posts
                                3 stars 1000 posts
                                4 stars 5000 posts
                                5 stars 10000 posts

I think it'll be a while before more than that are needed anyhow.
                                just aswell bayviewclose/spiritoftheseventies doesnt post here then he has something like 6000 posts in 5 months mostly in soccer ye would need new stars every year

Comment

I don't get a lot of the hostility towards eagle_eye. I get a wee bit of it, but I have never added anyone to my ignore list so maybe I have a higer tolerance for it.

To answer your question on boards eagle eye, we are still listed because they are trying to get others in and we have agreed to stay in place for a few days in case of spm cleanup or some such. If we do go back there full time it will be as regular users after this place fails.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                    No objection here. I know you all know this anyways, but similar rules/spam tolerance exists here as on boards.

Comment

Thanks Dom for the reply and for the support. It was a genuine question, the last time this happened I backed it and I just wanted to know as I'd hate the same thing to happen again.

Comment

If we do go back there full time it will be as regular users after this place fails.
                                        nice optimism!

Comment

Afternoon everyone, finally found you

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Another one with a new name, but I can guess who that used to be.

MrsFlushdraw, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                Anyone want to have a bash at making a logo?
                                                Ive asked a friend of mine to do me a favour and try and knock one up, he wrote back with a few questions

"do you know what size they need?? pixel dimensions?? and format?? jpg, bitmap etc... and if there is a size limit on the file?? from experience normally all these matter.

what ideas do you have??? do you want just fancy text?? picture background, text overlay?? if there is a site u like or a pic copy and paste it onto me so i can get an idea.

off the top of my head, logo wise, poker stars has a red club as the O in poker, looks cool. and party poker use a chip for the O. these ideas are easy. colour wise will i stick to the blue theme it has?? or will i look into the traditional reds, greens etc... "

So let me know and i will relay it back to him.
                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Comment

On that logo thing. Just a suggestion lads, I wouldn't rush into it. Take your time, let the board develop a bit first, figure out exactly where you are going and then decide on a logo.

Just my 2c.

Comment

hmmm, John Gormley is being interviewed outside my window

suggestions please on what I should roar at him?
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Its just that I'm a crochety 'oul bollix who will only suffer fools to a certain point anymore.

Comment

Just watched the first three episodes of Dexter.

Going to take the rest of the month off and get it out the way. Man it's ridiculously awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            hmmm, John Gormley is being interviewed outside my window

suggestions please on what I should roar at him?
                                                            How about mooning out the window while making farting noises and screaming 'incinerate this'

Comment

Comment

To answer your question on boards eagle eye, we are still listed because they are trying to get others in and we have agreed to stay in place for a few days in case of spm cleanup or some such. If we do go back there full time it will be as regular users after this place fails.
                                                                exactly the same here, this is our place, we've already put our own money into it so this isn't like the last time, there are no further discussions going on behind closed doors about us going back. The only reason we're still listed as mods is as Dom and Kev say, to just delete spam and stuff for a day or so, but we're expecting to be de-modded ASAP.

Also, +1 on the eagle eye stuff, I don't get all the hate either...

On that logo thing. Just a suggestion lads, I wouldn't rush into it. Take your time, let the board develop a bit first, figure out exactly where you are going and then decide on a logo.

Just my 2c.
                                                                Meh, competition thread posted, I've found those kinds of thread can bring out some great work from the creative people among us, we're not gonna be getting into corporate branding and worrying about direction and all that lark to begin with, so just a cool little competition to see what the creative peeps can come up with.

Comment

Any views on 24 season 8 so far?

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                    addictive as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Going to take the rest of the month off and get it out the way. Man it's ridiculously awesome.
                                                                      Yep, quality show. Have seen the full 4 seasons. Think John Lithgow is class in the last one and the English chick is savage in the 2nd one. Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        I'm a bollix
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

the timing of this is pretty much perfect for me. havent been able to log onto boards at all since moving to dallas so this is a nice way to get my degen fix. Thinking of doing a trip report accompanied with pics and all of the last 2 months here as its been "awesome" to say the least

Comment

addictive as usual.
                                                                            I have only watched E01 but have 2,3 and 4 waiting for me.

I would add them to cousinslist if i knew how

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                              Ah i just seen you last post on this i will hang off for a bit thou till you have seen all 4, but in general its off to a good start for me, looks slick.

Comment

Really hope this works out. I said it the last time I felt this community had outgrown boards. Best of luck guys
                                                                                pandapower99.blogspot.com

Comment

Ughhh Migraine's in work, anything else get blurred vision for about an hour before they hit?
                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                    Afternoon everyone, finally found you
                                                                                    As someone say previously, i wish people would just use the usernames they had on the other site. I have an inkling who this is, but then i need to figure out who is posting under the name solskjaer

Comment

Greetings

It's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Welcome to my December

Comment

And once again, thank you Kayroo!

Hello Emmet,

Thanks for getting in contact with us about rakeback.

Although Full Tilt Poker does not offer rakeback directly to players, our preferred affiliate partner RakeBackPros.com offers rakeback to players who sign up through their website with Full Tilt Poker.

We?ve sent your player details to RakeBackPros.com and they will be in direct contact with you.

To withdraw funds from Full Tilt Poker using your Moneybookers account, you must first make a deposit using that account. For the security of our players, we can only process withdrawals to payment processor accounts that have been used to make a successful deposit on our site.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            Ah i just seen you last post on this i will hang off for a bit thou till you have seen all 4, but in general its off to a good start for me, looks slick.
                                                                                            Seeing as how I'm outing myself as a bollix and seeing as how we are having a new start here , how about we start with this ;

Its Though not thou.

Comment

Thanks to Hyzepher providing me with a useful link, we have found the url mistake that was breaking the links, so cheers for all the help/suggestions from people. We have enabled email verification for new accounts now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                It's my very good honoUr to meet you and you may call me V.

Hey V you forgot the U

Comment

I got the first two seasons of Dexter out of the way in a week. Now I'm in the middle of getting the rest, but its been too long of a break and I've been all fidgety!
                                                                                                  Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

need a fix of blue dress girl pls

Memories
                                                                                                    I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.. Tom Waits

I have been told if i see some trouble to call 911, I think it's quicker to call 3 Fifty 7 .....RL Burnside

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Seeing as how I'm outing myself as a bollix and seeing as how we are having a new start here , how about we start with this ;

Its Though not thou.
                                                                                                      Piss Off

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsvAj6qfmFQ[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
                                                                                                          need a fix of blue dress girl pls

Memories
                                                                                                          NSFW

Edit: one moment.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 25-01-10, 16:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyzepher View Post
                                                                                                            This may be a bit cynical but did anyone else get the feeling that the recent "hacking" was a staged media event?
                                                                                                            I said this on the twitter, and that I was looking forward to reading about it in CT.
                                                                                                            http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Comment

^ funny f*cker arent ya.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs[/ame]

Comment

bah humbug link not operational

thanks thats better
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 25-01-10, 16:56.
                                                                                                                    I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.. Tom Waits

I have been told if i see some trouble to call 911, I think it's quicker to call 3 Fifty 7 .....RL Burnside

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      ^ funny f*cker arent ya.
                                                                                                                      That gif works so well for the original post and the updated one

Comment

Jesus that Jeremy Kyle show is tilting, daytime tv FTL

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                                          That gif works so well for the original post and the updated one
                                                                                                                          Lol, yea. It works both ways.

I'm such a saddo with a collection of animated gifs, refreshing every 5mins, looking for an opportunity to 'pwn' someone who makes a mistake in posting.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X