This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
    I never get the Tom Cruise hate, always seems a pretty cool guy to me.

Super charismatic and looks like he really likes life, and why wouldn't you when you are Tom fucking Cruise.
    I think you might be mixing the real Tom up with his Frank Mackey character in Magnolia.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Garth Marenghi's Darkplace

Has anyone else seen Garth Marenghi's Darkplace?

A friend of mine gave me the box set a while ago and said to watch it. It's deadly IMO. I think it's the first DVD I watched the whole way through with Commentary On (they're in character) after I watched it. If you haven't seen it I'd recommend it.

Dr. Lucien Sanchez is the stone cold nuts!! I just love the character, it's the same actor and character as Douglas (the boss lad) from The I.T. Crowd.

11 second example: (there's no better ones on YT for some reason ???)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozY0E8ETdvU&NR=1[/ame]
        Last edited by Ste05; 26-07-10, 14:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
          slowly realize you may/would not have hit if you were in hand
          still face with a touch of
          This is the awful thing about live poker that you can sit there all night looking at all the runner runners you woulda coulda ouhgta ...
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Can you post hands from HEM? If so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              This is the awful thing about live poker that you can sit there all night looking at all the runner runners you woulda coulda ouhgta ...
              Reality is a bitch alright

/
              ???
              best place for making Ipoker hands post-able?
              tried it before, not a clue what i was at
              Last edited by Guest; 26-07-10, 14:56.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                Can you post hands from HEM? If so, how?
                Yes, right click on a hand in HEM then click "View selected hand histories" the paste the text from the box that opens into:

Last edited by BrianByrne; 26-07-10, 14:56.
                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                  just on the whiole tesco thing
                  i normally do the shopping in our household
                  tiger days: the shopping reguraly hit the 230+ mark
                  reccession days: i have cut this to 140-160
                  last week i decided to try tesco online shopping it came to 93E+4E delivery and we had loads of stuff. gotta admit when you don't have 3kids throwing stuff into the trolley it helps and also you don't buy crap that you don't want.

lol at the polish delivery guy when he rang
                  polish guy: hi where in youghal is your estate
                  me: YOUGHAL!! god no, you have to drive out of youghal towards dungarvan for 15miles, then left for 3miles, then left again for 2miles and iam the house on the right.
                  polish guy: sir i don't think we deliver that far
                  me: well it didn't say that on the internet
                  polish guy: ok....how will i know its your house
                  me: there is no other fucking house out here

after 20mins he arrived and brought the whole thing in and landed it on the kitchen table
                  for fuck sake i honestly don't know how they can deliver for 4 euros when a taxi from youghal is over 30
                  Ha that really made me LOL. The delivery guys in the Chinese in Youghal find it hard to find Piltown never mind where you are from and they charge between €7-10. Is that next day delivery with tesco

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                  ts a $2.20 180 man and there are about 20 players remaining

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 400/800 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t6335)
                  Hero (BB) (t8380)
                  UTG (t2995)
                  MP1 (t7505)
                  MP2 (t4420)
                  CO (t8750)
                  Button (t13980)

Hero's M: 6.98

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 6
                  UTG bets t2920, MP1 raises t7430, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero ?????

UTG stats 17/9
                  MP1 stats 18/15
                  Hero stats 19/14
                  Easy fold would be worried if you are thinking about these decisions.

Another tough spot with 6 players remaining, with 2 players to act behind do we go all in here or fold?

My main concerns were the stack sizes of the Sb/BB, would it be a correct ICM fold here?

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t64916)
                  MP1 (t60718)
                  Hero (MP2) (t47976)
                  SB (t1955)
                  BB (t10791)

Hero's M: 8.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8, 8
                  1 fold, MP1 bets t60318, HERO???
                  Fold only because of the blinds stacks. If stacks are more even i think i may consider a call here.
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

click on previous in the top left hand corner
                    then copy the text in here http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Make sure you click "SHOW RESULTS"

then paste the outcome on here
                    Cheers, had it up it theory section as text but all fixed now

Comment

" the paste the text from the box that opens into:

brian just can't stress this enough

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                        Ha that really made me LOL. The delivery guys in the Chinese in Youghal find it hard to find Piltown never mind where you are from and they charge between €7-10. Is that next day delivery with tesco

Easy fold would be worried if you are thinking about these decisions.

Fold only because of the blinds stacks. If stacks are more even i think i may consider a call here.
                        Was just going through my hand histories from last nights sessions and it was one of the hands where i was unsure if i should be getting it in there.

i folded of course as you can see from the follow up post.
                        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                          Ha that really made me LOL. The delivery guys in the Chinese in Youghal find it hard to find Piltown never mind where you are from and they charge between €7-10. Is that next day delivery with tesco.
                          well you can pick the day and time you want it delivered
                          the 4euros is only on a wendesday it is 7.50euros any other day no way am i paying that kinda crazy money

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Super charismatic and looks like he really likes life, and why wouldn't you when you are Tom fucking Cruise.
                            I myself don't hate him but I have 0 respect for him because of his Scientology bs. He is some mental case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                              it's the same actor and character as Douglas (the boss lad) from The I.T. Crowd.
                              I really like the IT Crowd but his character ruins it a bit. Not in the least bit funny imo.

Comment

Level? the guy's a complete flake.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_wjp262RY[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFBZ_uAbxS0&feature=related[/ame]
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                  Went to the National Leprechaun Museum yesterday
                                  Trip report? Would it be fun for a 4 and a 6 year old? More importantly, would it be fun for me (huge Darby O'Gill fan)?

Comment

Eh? Seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      I really like the IT Crowd but his character ruins it a bit. Not in the least bit funny imo.

Wha!!! He's the best character in the show!!

Comment

I agree with Zuutroy - complete cringe, seriously puts me on tilt.

Comment

Yeah I'd say its just a personal thing. Eccentric shouting nonsense doesn't really do it for me, I prefer more subtle humour.

Comment

He's meant to make you cringe! It's what makes him funny. Maybe I just have a weird sense of humour or something??

Originally posted by zuutroy
                                            Yeah I'd say its just a personal thing. Eccentric shouting nonsense doesn't really do it for me, I prefer more subtle humour.
                                            It's not really just eccentric shouting though, IMO it's genius.

Comment

The opening race of the Galway festival is such a painful memory for me.

Lost basically my entire net worth at the time on Serve Time, as did many others who live around here!

edit: LOL bankroll management FTL!

Comment

Anyone get a statement from BOI today with a wrong balance? Apparently they sent out loads.

Comment

One of my favourite lines

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6iJRNHUOT4&feature=related[/ame]
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

plo lucksacks!

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                      The search continues Tony .Small world though.

This is her BTW,missing from the Saleens/Tramore area of County Waterford.

Comment

Yes, right click on a hand in HEM then click "View selected hand histories" the paste the text from the box that opens into:

Just looking at Brian's screenshot there. The font on my HEM is huge and it tilts me big time! Thought it might just be a Beta version or something, but does anyone know how i can change the font size so that i can read it properly. Hate being tilted by something so small!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

That's a bit ruff.
                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY6escQAfFk[/ame]
                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

ts a $2.20 180 man and there are about 20 players remaining

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 400/800 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t6335)
                                                              Hero (BB) (t8380)
                                                              UTG (t2995)
                                                              MP1 (t7505)
                                                              MP2 (t4420)
                                                              CO (t8750)
                                                              Button (t13980)

UTG bets t2920, MP1 raises t7430, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero ?????

UTG stats 17/9
                                                              MP1 stats 18/15
                                                              Hero stats 19/14
                                                              I did fold and it was the correct fold at the time.

Results based thinking aside, what hands are we calling off with here? i thought 66 was pretty close.

SB (t6335)
                                                              Hero (BB) (t8380)
                                                              UTG (t2995)
                                                              MP1 (t7505)
                                                              MP2 (t4420)
                                                              CO (t8750)
                                                              Button (t13980)

UTG bets t2920, MP1 raises t7430, 5 folds

Flop: (t7040) A, J, 5 (2 players)

Turn: (t7040) Q (2 players)

River: (t7040) A (2 players)

Total pot: t7040

Results:
                                                              UTG had A, 6 (three of a kind, Aces).
                                                              MP1 had 7, 7 (two pair, Aces and sevens).
                                                              Outcome: UTG won t7565

That was the outcome anyway, i am just finding it tough in certain situations deep in these turbo 180s, ive played 90 of them so far with $92 profit and an ROI of 48% i am just finding the stack sizes quite awkward especially around the bubble. So ill probs end up posting similar hands more often.
                                                              You really have to fold in these spots, but more importanly seeing these spots

Another tough spot with 6 players remaining, with 2 players to act behind do we go all in here or fold?

My main concerns were the stack sizes of the Sb/BB, would it be a correct ICM fold here?

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t64916)
                                                              MP1 (t60718)
                                                              Hero (MP2) (t47976)
                                                              SB (t1955)
                                                              BB (t10791)

Hero's M: 8.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8, 8
                                                              1 fold, MP1 bets t60318, HERO???
                                                              Yet again another spot which you have to look out for

Opening up my shoving range has been something invaluable to my success at these so far, shoving is unexploitable and with the level of play in these 3x/2.5x raise preflop is highly unlikely to get through resulting in you losing 2-3bb when you miss.

Ive started open shoving any decent hands regardless of position/blinds, i got to a final table yday and my stats were 14/14 lol. you will find more times than not you are getting called off by a hell of a lot worse, sure the variance increases but i find that Jamming premium hands preflop is optimal.

The bubble is where you can really start to inflate your stack, around the bubble im shoving suited connectors, small pocket pairs in position and same applies around the final table bubble, and who cares if you bust out, just open another table

anyway cheers for the sound advise, best of luck when you start doing these again
                                                              this is wrong and not what i taught you outside the voodoo having a smoke, read and take in what emmet is saying

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                              I think you've gotten the wrong message completely.

Play normal poker with premium hands when you have a solid >50bb stack.

Begin loosening as table dynamics and effective stacks start getting towards 25bbs.

Open shoving premium hands regardless of position and stack sizes is exploitable. People will just fold.

Start reading more, and try and forget the way you've played them so far, it doesn't sounds unexploitable to me.
                                                              quoted for truth

I find when i shove people are calling off with worse each time, they may suck out but in the long term im taking their chips.

Playing normal poker in these evn with a 50bb stack is close to impossible, i put in a standard 2.5/3bb raise preflop and im getting like 4 callers, so i upped my preflop raise to 4/5x and im still getting multiple callers, so when i miss a flop im down so many bb's.

i honestly believe shoving the majority of premium hands in these is optimal but im still learning, been reading a lot on 2+2 and trying to improve.
                                                              do not starting raising more to get less people to call you want as many people calling when there behind, cut out hands out of your opening range in early position and add a few in later position, plus as you build up more of info on players starting 3betting early in these tournies!

Comment

Keep poker strategy talk out of BBV!
                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  Trip report? Would it be fun for a 4 and a 6 year old? More importantly, would it be fun for me (huge Darby O'Gill fan)?
                                                                  For adults its poor enough, and much too pricey. A few staged bits and a guy telling stories (irish folklore stories - nice and all but nothing you haven't heard before - Salmon of Knowledge that sort of thing).
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Hey guys, anyone know where I can get a cheap rate on a taxi from Blackrock (smurfit school) to Dublin Airport via Sandyford?? at 4.45am

Thanks lads.

Comment

pgodkin plays in the voodoo... value town

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                        Hey guys, anyone know where I can get a cheap rate on a taxi from Blackrock (smurfit school) to Dublin Airport via Sandyford?? at 4.45am

Thanks lads.
                                                                        Get person from Sandyford to stay in yours tonight and take the aircoach from Blackrock at 4:46am

Aircoach: Coach services to and from Dublin Airport and Dublin city centre. Bus travel in Ireland. Coach operator of the year 2020 - Airport Services

Comment

looking for a taxi rate.

ty

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                            Get person from Sandyford to stay in yours tonight and take the aircoach from Blackrock at 4:46am

www.aircoach.ie
                                                                            Balla's don't take the bus

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                              Balla's don't take the bus
                                                                              Balla's get limos not taxis

Taxi from Blackrock to airport is probably €35~ (http://www.worldtaximeter.com/dublin)

01 8202020 had 20% off the metered fare the last time I checked.

Not sure it'll get much cheaper than that

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Does not Compute

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                    (typed in from: UCD Smurfit School, and to: Dublin Airport)
                                                                                    yeah I tried that, but it has Smurfit in city centre for some reason or other. Just typed Blackrock and it was €35

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

Thanks lads.
                                                                                      I remember we got a minibus from Ballinteer to the Airport for €30/€35 (no matter how many people) the number is back in my parents house, but I think it might be this crowd:

They say there they'll do it for €30, IIRC the other place charged a fiver per stop or something, so these might be the same.

When we got it there was 7 of us in the Taxi (minibus) to the airport for €30/€35 (can't remember exactly how much it was, but it was mad cheap IMO.

Comment

I've gotten a taxi from Blackrock to the airport before and it cost over 50 (don't remember exactly how much, but was enough to ensure that i probably won't do it again)

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa
                                                                                          I think I'm going to try and write a piss take article to see if it will get published in the Independent.

This is the same idiot who write this piece about buying a house for €525k in 08.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/an...t-2106182.html
                                                                                          The was a huge thread in after hours making fun of her before, I think she did some small edits on the second story and got a second run out of it.

I think a weekly side by side comparison of her spending vs henry17's would make for an interesting column

Comment

17.30, at last!
                                                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Just looking at Brian's screenshot there. The font on my HEM is huge and it tilts me big time! Thought it might just be a Beta version or something, but does anyone know how i can change the font size so that i can read it properly. Hate being tilted by something so small!

display properties, appearance, font size normal?
                                                                                              may vary by os

you need to reboot after

Comment

DKW kicks off with a 5/1 winner in Galway

Comment

Ugh, just cracked the screen on the my I Phone, a hairline crack that seems to be on the inside cause I can't feel it!

Anybody have any experience of this? The touch screen is still working fine but does anyone know if this will cause problems in the short term apart from a retarded looking screen??
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                    Ugh, just cracked the screen on the my I Phone, a hairline crack that seems to be on the inside cause I can't feel it!

Anybody have any experience of this? The touch screen is still working fine but does anyone know if this will cause problems in the short term apart from a retarded looking screen??
                                                                                                    you can get a new screen for like a 10er and fix it yourself if your worried about it.
                                                                                                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Just ate 1 and a half slices of brown bread before noticing a few tiny bits of mould on the remaining pieces, its in date till the 28th the cunts!!!!
                                                                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                        Just ate 1 and a half slices of brown bread before noticing a few tiny bits of mould on the remaining pieces, its in date till the 28th the cunts!!!!
                                                                                                        Iminent death imo, RIP

Comment

you can get a new screen for like a 10er and fix it yourself if your worried about it.
                                                                                                          Where and how??
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

So I was bored just now and I was doing a little reading about Inception and came across this page listing the highest grossing film of all time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...grossing_films

I noticed that Titanic would obviously be higher if the takings were adjusted for inflation so I tried to find out how much more it would have made.

I came across a page that has already done the Maths and Titanic was only #6 on the highest grossing film after adjusting for inflation.

Here's the list I found: http://www.filmsite.org/boxoffice.html [EDIT: Found a better list: http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

It's a pity they don't say how much they took in after adjusting for inflation.

Anyway, I found it interesting so I thought I'd share.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Ste05; 26-07-10, 16:58.

Comment

Thats the poxy heat doing that, bring back the rain imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post

My brother got a screen off ebay for £8 and proceeding to fck his phone up trying to change it himself, so good luck if you go down that road!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                                                  display properties, appearance, font size normal?
                                                                                                                  may vary by os

you need to reboot after
                                                                                                                  It's not the laptop. I'm running at 1920 x 1080 resolution and the smallest writing. It's only HEM i have a problem with

Comment

My brother got a screen off ebay for £8 and proceeding to fck his phone up trying to change it himself, so good luck if you go down that road!
                                                                                                                    I was thinking that it would be extremely difficult to do alright.

Funny thing is Ive fucked the Phone against the wall a few times after a close betting loss or something causing no damages and it only fell out of my pocket there from 2 feet on a soft carpet and cracks!
                                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 26-07-10, 16:58.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

So I was bored just now and I was doing a little reading about Inception and came across this page listing the highest grossing film of all time: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...grossing_films

I noticed that Titanic would obviously be higher if the takings were adjusted for inflation so I tried to find out how much more it would have made.

I came across a page that has already done the Maths and Titanic was only #6 on the highest grossing film after adjusting for inflation.

Here's the list I found: http://www.filmsite.org/boxoffice.html [EDIT: Found a better list: http://boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm]

It's a pity they don't say how much they took in after adjusting for inflation.

Anyway, I found it interesting so I thought I'd share.
                                                                                                                      I did a quick guess at the top 3 before I clicked, got 1 and 2 right, had what ended up at no.4 as my no.3. Stunned by whats at no.5 on that list and very surprised at no.9 too, never thought it would be so high.
                                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Bread should have a bb date of 4 days from when you buy it, the stuff that got delivered fresh this morning will have 30/07 on it.
                                                                                                                        Your loaf was Saturdays and has been sitting on the shelf for 48 hours.

Comment

It's not the laptop. I'm running at 1920 x 1080 resolution and the smallest writing. It's only HEM i have a problem with
                                                                                                                          whats ur dpi size?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X