X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
    Interesting session there Paul.

Where and what way were you fishing to get such a diverse bag?

I haven't been able to have an enjoyable session in about 2 years anywhere around Mullingar due to the FN's and their antics.
    Was an interesting day.started off coarse fishing in the morning. Had a nice bag of roach and 2 great bream, 4lb and 7lb , fishing the feeder and a pole.

Finished at about 6pm and went and got the boat out on lough o Flynn to do some fly fishing. Had 5 trout and then had the sport of the day. I lost my fly rig in some reeds and instead of setting up again I decided to pike fish. At the moment the lake is full of small jacks and they are no fun catching them on big pike gear. But catching them with a pike fly on a trout rod is real sport. Had 12 in total. Biggest was about 4 lb but great craic from them on light gear.
    Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Another weird BBV Coincidence this weekend.
      When I got to my sisters place in Tramore on Thursday she showed me a flyer she had been given by a friend of hers who had lost a dog they were trying to rehabilitate for the dog pound and was in a state over losing it. As we were out walking in that direction a few times we all the time looking out for it and my Daughter spent all weekend looking closely at every dog in town and pointing out every other dog for me to check it out to see if it was the one.

Chatting to Icarus152 at the pokah on Saturday night and he is telling me how his wife is in a terrible state after losing a a dog they were trying to rehabilitate for the dog rescue center !

Any sign of it turning up Icarus?
      The search continues Tony .Small world though.

This is her BTW,missing from the Saleens/Tramore area of County Waterford.

Last edited by Icarus152; 26-07-10, 11:44.
      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
        polish guy: hi where in youghal is your estate
        me: YOUGHAL!! god no, you have to drive out of youghal towards dungarvan for 15miles, then left for 3miles, then left again for 2miles and iam the house on the right.
        polish guy: sir i don't think we deliver that far
        me: well it didn't say that on the internet
        polish guy: ok....how will i know its your house
        me: there is no other fucking house out here
        You should have given him the Ricky Roma "The Fcuk you care".
        And if he proved troublesome say "Jaroslaw can i call you Jaroslaw, take the drive out, all that beautiful beautiful rolling land.

Comment

What a retard..Its because of guys like him i'd have to take out a small mortgage to get car insurance at my age

Oh and nice to put some names to faces at he masters. J10 Spades, Strewelpeter and Howard finkle. I was a J10s table for ages in the side event eventually going out in 13th when my 8BB button shove was called by the small blind card rack wit QQ. No miracle 2 and im gone from the crapshoot
          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
            http://soundcloud.com/italk/skilled-...out-the-window

What a retard..Its because of guys like him i'd have to take out a small mortgage to get car insurance at my age

Oh and nice to put some names to faces at he masters. J10 Spades, Strewelpeter and Howard finkle. I was a J10s table for ages in the side event eventually going out in 13th when my 8BB button shove was called by the small blind card rack wit QQ. No miracle 2 and im gone from the crapshoot
            Wasn't it you dealt the bizzare 66 hand to me or did you arrive after that?
            Was freerolling after that and thought I was a cert to take it down but as usual I couldn't win a race when I had to
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
              What is really sad is that the Indo is happy to run this article as it knows that a fair amount of its readership will sympathise
              Wait....people still read newspapers?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Wasn't it you dealt the bizzare 66 hand to me or did you arrive after that?
                Was freerolling after that and thought I was a cert to take it down but as usual I couldn't win a race when I had to
                Yep that would be me!! sicko dealer. I ran awful in the 100 game. No cards and was taking spots to shove my 10 BB stack with anyhing. Sucked out a couple of times though

edit: im bad but im not that bad
                Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 26-07-10, 12:48. Reason: oops
                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Yep that would be me!! sicko dealer. I ran awful in the 100 game. No cards and was taking spots to shove my 100 BB stack with anyhing. Sucked out a couple of times though
                  Dont shove 100bb stacks with anything, might help in future

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                    Charity tourney on Stars?
                    On immature reflection I think this is the job
                    and get the Irish Times to sponsor it!

Comment

ts a $2.20 180 man and there are about 20 players remaining

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 400/800 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t6335)
                      Hero (BB) (t8380)
                      UTG (t2995)
                      MP1 (t7505)
                      MP2 (t4420)
                      CO (t8750)
                      Button (t13980)

Hero's M: 6.98

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6, 6
                      UTG bets t2920, MP1 raises t7430, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero ?????

UTG stats 17/9
                      MP1 stats 18/15
                      Hero stats 19/14
                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

folds

Comment

I did fold and it was the correct fold at the time.

Results based thinking aside, what hands are we calling off with here? i thought 66 was pretty close.
                          Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Currently writing a lecture on the Jabulani football for the sports science class. Interesting stuff!

Comment

fold with a smile on your face that one other player is probably gone

even against two under pairs your only about 66% fav (jammed 44 and 33 into stove ) but your not against two underpairs

best case 4 overcards
                              fold!!!

call hand has to be way way better than a shove hand

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 400/800 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t6335)
                                Hero (BB) (t8380)
                                UTG (t2995)
                                MP1 (t7505)
                                MP2 (t4420)
                                CO (t8750)
                                Button (t13980)

UTG stats 17/9
                                MP1 stats 18/15
                                Hero stats 19/14

simple fold

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

http://soundcloud.com/italk/skilled-...out-the-window

i lol'd at that guy

obviously a very low IQ and never finished school imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    Currently writing a lecture on the Jabulani football for the sports science class. Interesting stuff!
                                    dig out the interview Maradona did giving out about not being able to spin(cut) the ball when hitting a long pass due to the ball being too light

ooh and one of dunphy's rants is always value

Comment

SB (t6335)
                                      Hero (BB) (t8380)
                                      UTG (t2995)
                                      MP1 (t7505)
                                      MP2 (t4420)
                                      CO (t8750)
                                      Button (t13980)

UTG bets t2920, MP1 raises t7430, 5 folds

Flop: (t7040) A, J, 5 (2 players)

Turn: (t7040) Q (2 players)

River: (t7040) A (2 players)

Total pot: t7040

Results:
                                      UTG had A, 6 (three of a kind, Aces).
                                      MP1 had 7, 7 (two pair, Aces and sevens).
                                      Outcome: UTG won t7565

That was the outcome anyway, i am just finding it tough in certain situations deep in these turbo 180s, ive played 90 of them so far with $92 profit and an ROI of 48% i am just finding the stack sizes quite awkward especially around the bubble. So ill probs end up posting similar hands more often.
                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

TT is close
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

SB (t6335)
                                          Hero (BB) (t8380)
                                          UTG (t2995)
                                          MP1 (t7505)
                                          MP2 (t4420)
                                          CO (t8750)
                                          Button (t13980)

UTG stats 17/9
                                          MP1 stats 18/15
                                          Hero stats 19/14
                                          I fold here . UTG range is pretty wide Q9/j10/ A7 . And either way MP has an overpair or two overs . Your likely dodgin 4 overs or are cruched by overpair
                                          You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Yeah the basic conclusions are the surface of the ball is such that it flies faster and farther than expected and the speed profile of a free kick or shot from 20-30 yards is such that its out of the sweet spot for the Magnus force (which causes swerve) and in the sweet spot for knuckling, which causes it to drift unpredictably in flight.
                                            Last edited by Guest; 26-07-10, 13:38.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                              Yeah the basic conclusions are the surface of the ball is such that it flies faster and farther than expected and the speed profile of a free kick or shot from 20-30 years is such that its out of the sweet spot for the Magnus force (which causes swerve) and in the sweet spot for knuckling, which causes it to drift unpredictably in flight.
                                              you do realize that if LL reads this you're facing a site ban for slagging off the greatest ball ever

Comment

Another tough spot with 6 players remaining, with 2 players to act behind do we go all in here or fold?

My main concerns were the stack sizes of the Sb/BB, would it be a correct ICM fold here?

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t64916)
                                                MP1 (t60718)
                                                Hero (MP2) (t47976)
                                                SB (t1955)
                                                BB (t10791)

Hero's M: 8.00

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 8, 8
                                                1 fold, MP1 bets t60318, HERO???
                                                Last edited by BrianByrne; 26-07-10, 13:31.
                                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

That was the outcome anyway, i am just finding it tough in certain situations deep in these turbo 180s, ive played 90 of them so far with $92 profit and an ROI of 48% i am just finding the stack sizes quite awkward especially around the bubble. So ill probs end up posting similar hands more often.
                                                  This is when the game gets interesting. There's not a whole lot of play in these games until you get down to the final 30 or so, its very easy to just play straightforward and nit-like and build up a stack without playing too many hands.

Opening up your shoving ranges and realising the table dynamics change as the effective stacks get smaller is the "difficult" part of beating these games.

Start reading up about the "M" concept, and see how much of it you understand, and actively do at the moment.

I may start playing these again this weekend, cash has been less than interesting/profitable this month.

Comment

Another tough spot with 6 players remaining, with 2 players to act behind do we go all in here or fold?

My main concerns were the stack sizes of the Sb/BB, would it be a correct ICM fold here?

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t64916)
                                                    MP1 (t60718)
                                                    Hero (MP2) (t47976)
                                                    SB (t1955)
                                                    BB (t10791)

EDIT: didn't see the stack sizes properly, its probably a call, but would need more info
                                                    RE-EDIT: Fold, the SB is all in
                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 26-07-10, 13:34.

Comment

UTG (t64916)
                                                      MP1 (t60718)
                                                      Hero (MP2) (t47976)
                                                      SB (t1955)
                                                      BB (t10791)

closer than 66 but still a fold

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                        closer than 66 but still a fold
                                                        'it depends'
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          'it depends'
                                                          meh villain is open shoving and there is a guy with less than 1 SB - I think this is a time to move up the pay ladder - gutless I know

Comment

UTG (t64916)
                                                            MP1 (t60718)
                                                            Hero (MP2) (t47976)
                                                            SB (t1955)
                                                            BB (t10791)

What you think of villain?

In general Id be happy (well happy with gritted teeth and shouting bastard at the screen ) to fold this as well
                                                            you have an M of 8 so are not in a panic and at least one of the blinds must be calling him

Comment

UTG (t64916)
                                                              MP1 (t60718)
                                                              Hero (MP2) (t47976)
                                                              SB (t1955)
                                                              BB (t10791)

fold
                                                              unless mp1 has been very aggressive
                                                              also SB is gonna be gone soon so you move up the ladder, BB will not be far behind.
                                                              middle pairs like these are great for open shoving, even though you will find that if they are going to be called they are very rarely ahead.
                                                              tbh unless you are under extreme pressure or facing someone that is blatantly abusing the table they don't fare well when calling

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                This is when the game gets interesting. There's not a whole lot of play in these games until you get down to the final 30 or so, its very easy to just play straightforward and nit-like and build up a stack without playing too many hands.

Opening up your shoving ranges and realising the table dynamics change as the effective stacks get smaller is the "difficult" part of beating these games.

Start reading up about the "M" concept, and see how much of it you understand, and actively do at the moment.

I may start playing these again this weekend, cash has been less than interesting/profitable this month.
                                                                Opening up my shoving range has been something invaluable to my success at these so far, shoving is unexploitable and with the level of play in these 3x/2.5x raise preflop is highly unlikely to get through resulting in you losing 2-3bb when you miss.

Ive started open shoving any decent hands regardless of position/blinds, i got to a final table yday and my stats were 14/14 lol. you will find more times than not you are getting called off by a hell of a lot worse, sure the variance increases but i find that Jamming premium hands preflop is optimal.

The bubble is where you can really start to inflate your stack, around the bubble im shoving suited connectors, small pocket pairs in position and same applies around the final table bubble, and who cares if you bust out, just open another table

anyway cheers for the sound advise, best of luck when you start doing these again
                                                                Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Thinking of learning to play the acoustic guitar.

Any recommendations on what I should be looking for for a total beginner?

Some good bargains on adverts.ie, is buying second hand a good/bad idea?
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Grrrrrrrrr
                                                                    guitar is for woosses
                                                                    stick with the pokers

Comment

Outcome of hand 2

No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds (7 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG (t64916)
                                                                      MP1 (t60718)
                                                                      Hero (MP2) (t47976)
                                                                      CO (t59010)
                                                                      Button (t24634)
                                                                      SB (t1955)
                                                                      BB (t10791)

1 fold, MP1 bets t60318, 3 folds, BB calls t6391

Flop: (t22337) 3, 9, 10 (3 players)

Turn: (t22337) 7 (3 players)

River: (t22337) 5 (3 players)

Total pot: t22337

Results:
                                                                      SB had 3, 7 (two pair, sevens and threes).
                                                                      BB had A, Q (high card, Ace).
                                                                      MP1 had Q, A (high card, Ace).
                                                                      Outcome: SB won t7465

Yes i would of won the hand but my fold here is the correct play i think.
                                                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

never played but a couple of people I know who do always say don't buy a cheap guitar to learn on, sound rubbish and put you off

buy a decent one ,no need to get one of Hendrix's old cast off's or anything like that but a decent one

as for second hand, I don't have a clue tbh

Comment

Opening up my shoving range has been something invaluable to my success at these so far, shoving is unexploitable and with the level of play in these 3x/2.5x raise preflop is highly unlikely to get through resulting in you losing 2-3bb when you miss.

Ive started open shoving any decent hands regardless of position/blinds, i got to a final table yday and my stats were 14/14 lol. you will find more times than not you are getting called off by a hell of a lot worse, sure the variance increases but i find that Jamming premium hands preflop is optimal.

The bubble is where you can really start to inflate your stack, around the bubble im shoving suited connectors, small pocket pairs in position and same applies around the final table bubble, and who cares if you bust out, just open another table

anyway cheers for the sound advise, best of luck when you start doing these again
                                                                          I think you've gotten the wrong message completely.

Play normal poker with premium hands when you have a solid >50bb stack.

Begin loosening as table dynamics and effective stacks start getting towards 25bbs.

Open shoving premium hands regardless of position and stack sizes is exploitable. People will just fold.

Start reading more, and try and forget the way you've played them so far, it doesn't sounds unexploitable to me.

Comment

Yamaha make lovely beginners acoustic guitars, Tanglewood can be hit and miss.

You don't need to be playing a Takemine or a Martin just yet.

I started learning on a second hand POS, and I still have it, its definitely what I play most. Think its more about (WARNING: this sounds ghey) you being comfortable with the guitar, the bond and all that jazz.

Get lessons immediately too, correcting bad posture and positioning is a nightmare, and will take the fun out of the instrument very very quickly.

Comment

I find when i shove people are calling off with worse each time, they may suck out but in the long term im taking their chips.

Playing normal poker in these evn with a 50bb stack is close to impossible, i put in a standard 2.5/3bb raise preflop and im getting like 4 callers, so i upped my preflop raise to 4/5x and im still getting multiple callers, so when i miss a flop im down so many bb's.

i honestly believe shoving the majority of premium hands in these is optimal but im still learning, been reading a lot on 2+2 and trying to improve.
                                                                              Last edited by BrianByrne; 26-07-10, 14:01.
                                                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

You won't need anything fancy to start with. I bought a brand new one from some guy in cork on eBay and he delivered it to my house. I'll look up the link later but it was cheap. Also buy a tuner. There are some good sites that will get you started with a few chords.
                                                                                Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

funny hand from the poker in the pub game... on friday night. I wasn't 100% sure if everyone at the table knew the ranking of hands never mind how to play the game properly...

Anyhows folded to me on the button and I raise to 600 (blinds 100 200) with the monster Ad6d,,, sb folds bb dwells and flat calls.

Flop is 7 6 2 rainbow.... he checks calls my 900 bet on the flop
                                                                                  we both check the turn and the bingo 6 comes on the river.... He checks again and I bet out 1,500 and he calls (eventually) I proudly turn over my rivered trips and he turns over 77 for a house of 7's...

I look around the table for any reaction from people, there was no reaction, except for good hand, and a few of them said unlucky to me... The guy then says that he was worried about a straight....

Later on in the tournament another "special" player comes to my table. Blinds are 200 400 and he makes it 2,400 utg, I look down at pocket kings, and repop to 6K, he insta calls. Flop comes k44 and he ships 20K over the line, obviously I beat him to the pot with my chips... he has AcQc. the river comes an Ace and he celebrates, but it was short lived, when the dealer explained to him that my house of kings beat his Aces I love poker in the pub games..
                                                                                  Last edited by smurph; 27-07-10, 09:05.
                                                                                  Follow me in twitterland

Comment

was that the ME smurph? you've quit the fitz for the pub games now?

Comment

My mission to bring Poker back to the BBV has been a success

Comment

Just watched last nights Top Gear, Tom Cruise is some drooler, from that idiot to the piece on Senna, polar opposites, had a tear in my eye.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                          My mission to bring Poker back to the BBV has been a success
                                                                                          well done BK(insert personal thumbs up here)

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                            Just watched last nights Top Gear, Tom Cruise is some drooler, from that idiot to the piece on Senna, polar opposites, had a tear in my eye.
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            with the mandatory 1-2 on the leader board as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                              was that the ME smurph? you've quit the fitz for the pub games now?
                                                                                              Nop,
                                                                                              Haven't been playing much at all over the last 2-3 months.... when you come back and play, it's the same old faces, so things don't really change, you know yourself
                                                                                              Last edited by smurph; 26-07-10, 14:07.
                                                                                              Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Just watched last nights Top Gear, Tom Cruise is some drooler, .
                                                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFPo33h5asg&NR=1[/ame]

Comment

Awesome piece on Senna alright, it's ridiculous how much his nephew Bruno reminds me of him with the helmut on and visor open!
                                                                                                  Cruise was ok I thought, great lap!
                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

12 bbs 7 handed, am i the only donk that shoves 88 here almost everytime !.

Comment

Buying second-hand is fine. If it's in any way decently built then the sound quality shouldn't deteriorate.

If you want I can give you a few chord books and show you how to string a guitar and stuff while you get set up.

Comment

Yes i would of won the hand but my fold here is the correct play i think.
                                                                                                        i'm sure you know this but just in case, if you had been in that hand the cards dealt would have been completely different due to the RNG, so thinking you would have won is wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                                                          12 bbs 7 handed, am i the only donk that shoves 88 here almost everytime !.
                                                                                                          I certainly shove it, but I don't call a shove with it.

Comment

I never get the Tom Cruise hate, always seems a pretty cool guy to me.

Super charismatic and looks like he really likes life, and why wouldn't you when you are Tom fucking Cruise.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              i'm sure you know this but just in case, if you had been in that hand the cards dealt would have been completely different due to the RNG, so thinking you would have won is wrong.
                                                                                                              If you'd waited an extra .001 of a second before acting, the flop would have been different too.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                I think everyone should tape this to the top of their monitor

for moments like

late in tourni
                                                                                                                tough fold
                                                                                                                flop (hit)
                                                                                                                sit there cursing yourself for not calling
                                                                                                                face
                                                                                                                tilt looking for a shove
                                                                                                                bust

slowly realize you may/would not have hit if you were in hand
                                                                                                                still face with a touch of

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                If you'd waited an extra .001 of a second before acting, the flop would have been different too.
                                                                                                                Now; you're just being a bollix

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                                                                  Buying second-hand is fine. If it's in any way decently built then the sound quality shouldn't deteriorate.

If you want I can give you a few chord books and show you how to string a guitar and stuff while you get set up.
                                                                                                                  Cheers Daire, very kind of you.

I'll drop you a pm over the next couple of weeks.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Help please, How do I post a hand from stars?

Comment

plo hand 10c5c3c10s10h flop the nut flush, c/f river w[eo5iyj[wj54t5v2qwert45tgrthTRbH ;'rpg-p54gw-t5-[few#e
                                                                                                                      #12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                                                                                        click on previous in the top left hand corner
                                                                                                                        then copy the text in here http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Make sure you click "SHOW RESULTS"

then paste the outcome on here
                                                                                                                        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by EnzoScifo View Post
                                                                                                                          Here's a good example:

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                                                                          plo hand 10c5c3c10s10h flop the nut flush, c/f river w[eo5iyj[wj54t5v2qwert45tgrthTRbH ;'rpg-p54gw-t5-[few#e
                                                                                                                          #12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X