Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went back into Tramore after another lovely swim this evening to do a few updates after Kev left but there was nothing going on and I got sucked in to a ridonkulous cash table featuring Sideshow and three locals from the one family who were action happy.
    There were some mad hands, SSBob had a raise and a flop bet called blind against his TPTK ... His opponent looked at them before calling the turn bet and river with his turned two pair (J3)
    In a happier outcome I got check called three streets and re raised for his remaining 60 by JJ on an AKx x A board.

LOL Festival cashaments.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      have you ever seen The Soloist?
      Originally posted by PSV58
      No
      You probably would have walked out,had of went to the cinema to see it.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      There were some mad hands, SSBob had a raise and a flop bet called blind against his TPTK ... His opponent looked at them before calling the turn bet and river with his turned two pair (J3)

LOL Festival cashaments.
      was the J3 suited?

Comment

feel your pain, just busted the 200k on ipoker in 15th, AQ into bb AK obv .... one these days the 5 figure will come.

Comment

Spain are pwning the sporting world. In the last few weeks they have won German Gp, Tour De France, French Open, Wimbledon and the world cup. Lorenzo is going to win the Moto GP championship as well eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
            Spain are pwning the sporting world. In the last few weeks they have won German Gp, Tour De France, French Open, Wimbledon and the world cup. Lorenzo is going to win the Moto GP championship as well eventually.
            The German GP was an Italian victory if anything.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3klDnEJx5MQ&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3klDnEJx5MQ&feature=related[/ame]

7 & 3 imo

Comment

good days fishing 5 trout 12 pike about 40 roach and 2 good bream. No Bad beats today
                Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                  Augmentin 500mg/125mg.

Ya well i hadnt really eat for 2 days before yesterday. I ate my dinner after taking the first one and it went down lovely but since then no interest in eating and my stomach feels very bubbly if that makes sense. I still have ate but have not had the interest i usually would.
                  Augmentin is a broad spectrum antibiotic and as well as killing infections ( killing bacteria) it also kills the good bacteria in your gut. Your get stomach cramps and an awful dose of the runs what can help is replacing the bacteria in your gut by using probiotic yoguarts such as yacukt or similar. There is also a good supliment available in your health food shop for this called "acidophilus" and it's very effective for helping with the side effects of antibiotics.

anyway glad your alive!
                  Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                    good days fishing 5 trout 12 pike about 40 roach and 2 good bream. No Bad beats today
                    what sort of gill net were you using Macs

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                      what sort of gill net were you using Macs
                      I'll leave the gill netting to the bloody FN's that have our lakes and rivers cleaned out like they have in their own countries.... I spend most of my time promoting catch and release with every angler I meet both Irish and Foreign... sometimes get the "no speakie the english" card played at me so I made an easy sign for them to understand!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                      Last edited by Macspower; 26-07-10, 01:51.
                      Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

I'll leave the gill netting to the bloody FN's that have our lakes and rivers cleaned out like they have in their own countries.... I spent most of my time promoting catch and release with every angler I meet both Irish and Foreign... sometimes get the "no speakie the english" card played at me so I made an easy sign for them to understand!!!

did ya never have abream pie?
                        i must admit i like a nice clean river trout and take the odd pike
                        thats some haul of fish for a day
                        in autumn i used have a fishing rod and a shotgun with me too inc ase i could snare a duck or two or if
                        i hooked a real whopper of a fish

Comment

I can just picture you with the shotgun for the whopper!!!

Speaking of whoppers here's one from earlier this year

Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

I can just picture you with the shotgun for the whopper!!!

Speaking of whoppers here's one from earlier this year

a fine fish looks a bit skinny probably after spawning id say ya got a good feed outta him

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                              a fine fish looks a bit skinny probably after spawning id say ya got a good feed outta him
                              Caught, landed, photographed and weighed and returned safe and sound for another day

I was nearly excommunicated in Roscommon over this.... the savages down there think the only good pike is a dead pike!
                              Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

I'll leave the gill netting to the bloody FN's that have our lakes and rivers cleaned out like they have in their own countries.... I spend most of my time promoting catch and release with every angler I meet both Irish and Foreign... sometimes get the "no speakie the english" card played at me so I made an easy sign for them to understand!!!

So what you're saying is you caught the same trout 5 times. And the poor pike

Comment

Went to the National Leprechaun Museum yesterday

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                  If a hotel advertises 24 hour reception does that mean you can check in at anytime? Booking flights somewhere but the only option is to arrive at mid night so we'd be arriving in the hotel at ~1-1.30, it advertises 24 hour reception, check out at 12 and check in beginning at 13:00, what does that mean checking in late wise?
                                  Best to call and find out, might only be a night porter after a certain time.
                                  Also, you should inform anyhow that you are arriving at that time so they don't do anything daft like presume you are a no-show.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Sorry if this has been posted,
                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9zAXMmhobI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                      I agree with almost everything you've posted, including the above, but it assumes that the supply is keen and interested in the demand.

I believe a significant proportion of the unemployed could be working except they have no interest in doing the jobs that are available and they have a massive disincentive to take those jobs regardless because of the welfare system the country has.

We should all strive to be the best we can be and achieve our dreams, but along the way we shouldn't forget that there is a pride to be taken in honest work. Personally I'd rather be working in McDonalds etc than claiming the dole.
                                      I have found that there are flaws in this system, especially with regards to woman.

When I was in Scotland, I went on Maternity leave twice. I received almost my full salary for 3 months. If I had not been working or not accumulated enough PRSI contributions I would STILL have qualified for state maternity benefit.

I have been working part time for the last couple of years after being made redundant. I gave up work 10 days before the baby was born and I had filled in the relevant claim forms for Maternity benefit.

I received a reply to say I did not have enough PRSI and my claim was turned down. After I had the baby I went down and they told me I could claim the dole. I was like wtf? I have a 3 week old baby. They said I MUST be available for work. I argued that it was a redic situation to put me in and the only thing I could do was to claim illness benefit. This was told to me as I knew a girl in that office. I claimed it and after 6 weeks was sent a medical form!

So basically they want to give me fk all. I have been in this country almost 8 years and worked for most of that (I came with a newborn baby and didn't work for a year or so) And since starting work I have had continuous employment.

If I went back to work now, I would have childcare costs of €200 a week for 3 children and that means I am working to pay someone to care for my kids and of no real benefit to myself.

Why the hell would I go and work? it is a crazy situation that it isn't worthwhile atm for me to go get a job.

I don't like the idea of claiming the dole, but it may be something I have to look into once I get the illness benefit stopped.

In Hungary, the country provides free childcare to enable mothers to go back to work. They can NOT do part time, it must be full time to qualify for this. It is compulsory once the child reaches a certain age.

They have introduced a thing here where children of a certain age get free childcare. They scrapped the quarterly payment of 250e per child, off families with children aged 6 and under. This is what they came up with that does NOT benefit me at all.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

On the way to college I noticed that the place is absolutely swarming with guards - Turns out that there was a triple shooting 200 yards down the road from our house last night. Now may be a good time to negotiate rent with the estate agents...

Comment

Hey, little help needed from people who would have a great grounding in Macroeconomics than me.

Giving a guy grinds in Statistics for Business students, and he tells me that he is also repeating Macro Economics, I haven't done it in 2 years, but say I'll have a look through it, and come back and give him a hand.

None of this is ringing any bells though, what should I be reading up on to jog my memory?

Here's a past paper for the class he's repeating. - http://www.library.nuigalway.ie/asse...l/05060955.pdf

Its all based on Keynes, and the IS LM model, which I can't recall ever doing!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                On the way to college I noticed that the place is absolutely swarming with guards - Turns out that there was a triple shooting 200 yards down the road from our house last night. Now may be a good time to negotiate rent with the estate agents...

In the Player's Lounge apparently! I lived pretty much across the road from there for the last year.

Comment

Comment

Interesting session there Paul.

Where and what way were you fishing to get such a diverse bag?

I haven't been able to have an enjoyable session in about 2 years anywhere around Mullingar due to the FN's and their antics.

Comment

Cheers Hitchhiker, but working 9-6 and living back at home means I'll be nowhere near the DCU library this week!

Was kinda hoping for a cheeky online link, the wikipedia on IS LM seems like a different language to me, I'm almost certain I got an A+ in Intermediate Macro Economics in 2nd year, but can't remember anything to do with IS LM!

Comment

Fishing club members discover illegal coarse nets in Co Westmeath

He said Fishmaniak members were in regular contact with the fisheries board and Ifpac, like most foreign anglers, were catch-and-release fishermen.
                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

The Players Lounge is a weird name for a pub.
                                                            I see from photos on their website that they had Aslan playing there.

Comment

Meh,throw all dem thieving foreigners down the well.Employ our own too,like they used to do in the North.Kept all those tadgh catholics in thier rightful place.
                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                Slayer would have been more appropriate imo
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

65 Tvs, Aslan play regularly.

Its like a Bookies with all the tvs with every sport going, but it genuinely is a good pub.

If there's a group of more than 5 of you that want to go that live in the general area, they'll collect you in a minibus for free!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    Slayer would have been more appropriate imo
                                                                    You're a terrible person.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpy_pYXSpPA[/ame]

Comment

I always get confused with Blue Oyster Cult and this scene from Police Academy.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdbt-sx5MDc&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                        65 Tvs, Aslan play regularly.

Its like a Bookies with all the tvs with every sport going, but it genuinely is a good pub.

If there's a group of more than 5 of you that want to go that live in the general area, they'll collect you in a minibus for free!
                                                                        Good innovation, roll the dice on whether you'll need a lift home.
                                                                        65 tv's sounds like overkill, I can't stand Aslan.

Comment

You're a terrible person.
                                                                          funny, Mrs Duke III said that to me yesterday. We were going to Ashtown along that horrible little windy back road from Finglas and she remarked that we'd just gone past the spot where the two Travellers got shot last week. I made some crack about how it was a pity they didn't get a few more of them. Social workers have no sense of humour about stuff like that.

Comment

just back from vegas living in san diego hitting the beach every day ballin with the creeps every night

hard life !!!
                                                                            Last edited by reilly110; 26-07-10, 09:38.

Comment

Social workers have no sense of humour about stuff like that.

You'd be surprised, some of them are terrible people too!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa
                                                                                I think I'm going to try and write a piss take article to see if it will get published in the Independent.

This is the same idiot who write this piece about buying a house for €525k in 08.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/an...t-2106182.html
                                                                                I really really hope that article is a piss take.

Her sense of entitlement is pretty disgustingly overpowering.

Comment

Werewolf X

Reg closing at 12.00, last chance to get in

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III
                                                                                    I think the most shocking part of the article is that she considers Brennans Bread to be a luxury item
                                                                                    Shaws sausage rolled up in a super fresh slice of Brennan's with a bit of ketchup...thats living I tell ya!

Comment

Also, she's doing it all wrong.

I spent €42 last week. And earned €50 by giving grinds. My wage from the 9-6 job is 100% going towards debt, as want to make as big a dent in it as possible before College starts.

Naggins are overpriced, Hipflasks and big bottles are the way to go. Also, coke as a mixer? You've got to be kidding me, a glass of iced water is free. Whiskey and water is excellent drinking.

Chorizo? Let that stuff go and get yourself some good old fashioned ham. Not even honey roast, get the crumbed or carved ham.

Walking/biking everywhere means no taxi/bus bills, which can mount up over the course of a month.

Of course, I amn't a good candidate for an actual test, as I live at home, but I still reckon I could cut my weekly spend down even further and still live/exist/survive in a "decent" state of comfort.

Comment

What is really sad is that the Indo is happy to run this article as it knows that a fair amount of its readership will sympathise with this tale of woe ('poor me, I used to buy a new expensive outfit for every night out and now I buy less new outfits, but still go out once a week, TRAGEDY!') - a lot of its readership are not affected much by the recession (or are in the professional classes who will be bailed out by the poor masses no matter what) and the thought of having to shop in Lidl or having to tone it down a bit is horrifying to them...some D4 matrons are probably thinking that the same could happen to their little Fiachra or Victoria, oh the horror of it all!

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                          Interesting session there Paul.

Where and what way were you fishing to get such a diverse bag?

I haven't been able to have an enjoyable session in about 2 years anywhere around Mullingar due to the FN's and their antics.
                                                                                          Was an interesting day.started off coarse fishing in the morning. Had a nice bag of roach and 2 great bream, 4lb and 7lb , fishing the feeder and a pole.

Finished at about 6pm and went and got the boat out on lough o Flynn to do some fly fishing. Had 5 trout and then had the sport of the day. I lost my fly rig in some reeds and instead of setting up again I decided to pike fish. At the moment the lake is full of small jacks and they are no fun catching them on big pike gear. But catching them with a pike fly on a trout rod is real sport. Had 12 in total. Biggest was about 4 lb but great craic from them on light gear.
                                                                                          Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

I must confess that I've never been in a Lidl or an Aldi

Comment

Aldi is the nutz.

Comment

Especially their 'Chunky' chocolate bar.
                                                                                                Think clubmilk or purple snack, but better.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58
                                                                                                  The Guillamene I presume?
                                                                                                  That one was in Garrarus because the Guillamene was packed at that time but I was in there a few times oover the Weekend as well. I wouldn't swap it for anywhere in the world. My Nephew is living in a house that is just walking distance from it and sitting looking over the cliff 5 beds < 1K month and going down. Awesome.

I must confess that I've never been in a Lidl or an Aldi
                                                                                                  I would have expected you to be a fan of paying less for better quality products, which in the main is what you are getting from them.
                                                                                                  Try a bottle of Lidl's Lucesse Olive oil along side a bottle of Tescos or the branded ones like Phillipe Brerio and you'll see what I mean.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-07-10, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02
                                                                                                    Perhaps suggest setting up a paypal account where we can make donations to her to aid her in her times of need?
                                                                                                    Charity tourney on Stars?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02
                                                                                                      Perhaps suggest setting up a paypal account where we can make donations to her to aid her in her times of need?
                                                                                                      Maybe just a collection of tinned goods & assorted bits and bobs that we can drop into her on D'olier Street.
                                                                                                      My fear being that if given cash, she might lose the run of herself and spunk it all on Brennan's.

Comment

Another weird BBV Coincidence this weekend.
                                                                                                        When I got to my sisters place in Tramore on Thursday she showed me a flyer she had been given by a friend of hers who had lost a dog they were trying to rehabilitate for the dog pound and was in a state over losing it. As we were out walking in that direction a few times we all the time looking out for it and my Daughter spent all weekend looking closely at every dog in town and pointing out every other dog for me to check it out to see if it was the one.

Chatting to Icarus152 at the pokah on Saturday night and he is telling me how his wife is in a terrible state after losing a a dog they were trying to rehabilitate for the dog rescue center !

Any sign of it turning up Icarus?

Comment

Hey, little help needed from people who would have a great grounding in Macroeconomics than me.

Giving a guy grinds in Statistics for Business students, and he tells me that he is also repeating Macro Economics, I haven't done it in 2 years, but say I'll have a look through it, and come back and give him a hand.

None of this is ringing any bells though, what should I be reading up on to jog my memory?

Here's a past paper for the class he's repeating. - http://www.library.nuigalway.ie/asse...l/05060955.pdf

Its all based on Keynes, and the IS LM model, which I can't recall ever doing!
                                                                                                          I done that exam just this summer. *shiver*.

Passed it just by the skin of my teeth, so I doubt I'll be much help to you, but if you need any past papers/solutions PM me and I should be able to get them for you.

Actually I did the Commerce version, thats the arts version, but AFAIK they are the same subject, just different papers.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                            I done that exam just this summer. *shiver*.

Passed it just by the skin of my teeth, so I doubt I'll be much help to you, but if you need any past papers/solutions PM me and I should be able to get them for you.

Actually I did the Commerce version, thats the arts version, but AFAIK they are the same subject, just different papers.
                                                                                                            The guy is in the Commerce class, maybe you know him! Would appreciate some solutions if you have them.

It could just be a case of not understanding the question, though I understand the answer. Has happened a few times when similar courses are taught differently.

If you have anything in computer form I'd appreciate you lashin it onto me at
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-12-10, 16:24.

Comment

The Chorizo is quite cheap and tasty in Aldi or Lidi. I can never get the name of those right but I've a set menu I buy everytime in there

The monthly shop would be
                                                                                                              10-20 cans of chopped tomatoes, 3-5 sticks of Chroizo and that Olives and Sun-dried Tomato combo and the Olive Oil whenever it's needed.
                                                                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

just on the whiole tesco thing
                                                                                                                i normally do the shopping in our household
                                                                                                                tiger days: the shopping reguraly hit the 230+ mark
                                                                                                                reccession days: i have cut this to 140-160
                                                                                                                last week i decided to try tesco online shopping it came to 93E+4E delivery and we had loads of stuff. gotta admit when you don't have 3kids throwing stuff into the trolley it helps and also you don't buy crap that you don't want.

lol at the polish delivery guy when he rang
                                                                                                                polish guy: hi where in youghal is your estate
                                                                                                                me: YOUGHAL!! god no, you have to drive out of youghal towards dungarvan for 15miles, then left for 3miles, then left again for 2miles and iam the house on the right.
                                                                                                                polish guy: sir i don't think we deliver that far
                                                                                                                me: well it didn't say that on the internet
                                                                                                                polish guy: ok....how will i know its your house
                                                                                                                me: there is no other fucking house out here

after 20mins he arrived and brought the whole thing in and landed it on the kitchen table
                                                                                                                for fuck sake i honestly don't know how they can deliver for 4 euros when a taxi from youghal is over 30

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

sticking it to The Man there eight ball!

I like it

Comment

Bloody unlicensed drivers.

A terrified bear goes for an unintended ride after climbing into an empty car in the US state of Colorado.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                                                                                                                      just on the whiole tesco thing
                                                                                                                      i normally do the shopping in our household
                                                                                                                      tiger days: the shopping reguraly hit the 230+ mark
                                                                                                                      reccession days: i have cut this to 140-160
                                                                                                                      last week i decided to try tesco online shopping it came to 93E+4E delivery and we had loads of stuff. gotta admit when you don't have 3kids throwing stuff into the trolley it helps and also you don't buy crap that you don't want.

lol at the polish delivery guy when he rang
                                                                                                                      polish guy: hi where in youghal is your estate
                                                                                                                      me: YOUGHAL!! god no, you have to drive out of youghal towards dungarvan for 15miles, then left for 3miles, then left again for 2miles and iam the house on the right.
                                                                                                                      polish guy: sir i don't think we deliver that far
                                                                                                                      me: well it didn't say that on the internet
                                                                                                                      polish guy: ok....how will i know its your house
                                                                                                                      me: there is no other fucking house out here

after 20mins he arrived and brought the whole thing in and landed it on the kitchen table
                                                                                                                      for fuck sake i honestly don't know how they can deliver for 4 euros when a taxi from youghal is over 30
                                                                                                                      The bit that caught my eye is that you have 3 kids!?

The world is fucking doomed!

Comment

The guy is in the Commerce class, maybe you know him! Would appreciate some solutions if you have them.

It could just be a case of not understanding the question, though I understand the answer. Has happened a few times when similar courses are taught differently.

If you have anything in computer form I'd appreciate you lashin it onto me at with no spaces and the at sign.
                                                                                                                        Just had a look there emmet, and the cnut lecturer has taken down the solutions off blackboard. Had a look in my download folder and I can't see any there either, sorry.

This is the link to past exam papers though FWIW, the relevant course codes are EC213 and EC217.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Denny Crane; 22-12-10, 16:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                          The bit that caught my eye is that you have 3 kids!?

The world is fucking doomed!

legacyaments

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X