Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Singing Eye Of The Tiger, looks back to his old confident self of 2007.
    The Power going to get a wake up call tonight!!!
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
      My Dad's such a degen. He's in Tallaght hospital since last Wednesday, on Saturday he begged the nurses could he be let out for a few hours to go home.

They let him go with strict instructions to be back by the shift change at eight or the night nurses will be panicking over the empty bed.

He legged it over to Molloys to JP's game, chopped it three ways at 7.35 and was back in his bed at 7.50.

He's a header.
      I was running the game yesterday. When he regged, he told me about his escape from the hospital and asked what time the game normally finished. I told him usually about 7:30, he said he would probably be knocked out by then.

So he's still in and the final table was dragging on a bit, I was getting a little worried that it wouldn't finish before he had to be back. When we lost 4th place, your dad suggested the chop. The other two players left are married so they were happy with the deal.

He seemed to really enjoy himself. It must have been a nice break from the hospital. As he was leaving he says to me that if he's still in hospital on Thursday, he might be back for another game!

Comment

Decent stream for D'arrows

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
          I don't think it's racist to have an employ Irish campaign, in theory I agree with it. I think that during these tough times then it's certainly a responsibility for all of us to try and do what we can to benefit the economy, rather than just lie around giving out about the incompetency of bankers, government and the like. I certainly think employers should make an effort to employ Irish if everything else is equal, unfortunately this rarely is. My parents employ about a hundred people through their business and generally try to employ who is best for the position, but if everything was equal would try and employ Irish to ensure their place within the community, and further local relationships as well as the obvious benefits of ensuring their wages go back into the Irish economy.

While thats fine in theory, the sad fact however is that we as a nation have had it so easy and have a very poor work ethic, (I'm including myself in this before anyone points out the hypocrisy of someone who sits at home watching sport going on about this),probably due to having it too easy for a while. Some of the stories that my father has told me about people who he has interviewed would make you cry, Irish people seem to view work as some kind of favour you are performing for your employer rather than the other way round. He'd certainly like to employ Irish people, but the sad fact is that there's not much point when you can employ someone with similar qualifications but is actually grateful for a job, and who certainly work equally as hard.
          People are quick to forget that the Irish have been all over the world looking for work in other countries. How would these Irish immigrants respond to nationalistic employment policies in other countries? A concerted employ Irish movement would be against the law. We are all Europeans when with comes to employment now anyway.

Re. the highlighted bit, how the flip is it the other way around? Says a lot about your perspective IMO.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Whether you guys agree with Mick's point or find it refreshing doesn't take away from the fact that it's a xenophobic position.

The fact that you may show tolerance in other areas of your life (foreign colleagues etc...) doesn't change this fact.

Mick's position displays his 'fear' of foreigners, a fear that he won't get on with them as well as an Irish person, a fear that he won't have anything in common with them.

That fear, is xenophobia.
            I dont have a fear Connor i was a foreigner in other countries for 6 years myself.
            If im xenophobic so be it if thats the worst thing im gonna be in my life ill take it.

If say youd a room to rent in your house and an irish traveller asked to move in would you say sure ya come in? not a fcuking hope or maybe you would.

People base there actions on experience sometimes perjudice
            mine mostly on experience

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
              Decent stream for D'arrows

http://www.wockychannels.com/darts.php
              Get SkyHD you cheapos

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                If i had a little more time i would have taken over this place or at least deleted your account tor something

Up the cats
                Never mind,at least you got to meet one of your heroes,me.
                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Whether you guys agree with Mick's point or find it refreshing doesn't take away from the fact that it's a xenophobic position.

The fact that you may show tolerance in other areas of your life (foreign colleagues etc...) doesn't change this fact.

Mick's position displays his 'fear' of foreigners, a fear that he won't get on with them as well as an Irish person, a fear that he won't have anything in common with them.

Not really, xenophobia is a much stronger word than the sentiment you describe above. It is perfectly logical and not xenophobic at all to assume you will have less in common with foreign people. (Also similarly with people of the opposite gender, sexuality etc etc). Whether or not you think this is a good thing is neither here nor there.

For someone to be xenophobic they need to be irrationally scared or angry at foreigners.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                    Never mind,at least you got to meet one of your heroes,me.
                    You looked exactly as i expected from our numerous MSN convos

Comment

Mental standard so far, could be ridic epic.
                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Mick, I do hope you're not taking any offence from my posts, I regularly have this same argument with good close friends over a pint, it never changes my view of them as friends. Text based arguments can sometimes convey offence where none is meant
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I've no bet on it but Barney certainly does look confident and up for it.
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by JPPoker-Christine View Post
                            I was running the game yesterday. When he regged, he told me about his escape from the hospital and asked what time the game normally finished. I told him usually about 7:30, he said he would probably be knocked out by then.

So he's still in and the final table was dragging on a bit, I was getting a little worried that it wouldn't finish before he had to be back. When we lost 4th place, your dad suggested the chop. The other two players left are married so they were happy with the deal.

He seemed to really enjoy himself. It must have been a nice break from the hospital. As he was leaving he says to me that if he's still in hospital on Thursday, he might be back for another game!
                            Lol, he's mad. He said you thought this was the funniest thing. He did it before when he was a patient at Naas, he legged it around to the loft for a game on the sly and had to sneak back in.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              People are quick to forget that the Irish have been all over the world looking for work in other countries. How would these Irish immigrants respond to nationalistic employment policies in other countries? A concerted employ Irish movement would be against the law. We are all Europeans when with comes to employment now anyway.

Re. the highlighted bit, how the flip is it the other way around? Says a lot about your perspective IMO.
                              Indeed irish have emmigrated in millions to countries like America Canada and Australia and Britain
                              the first 3 are vast countries with huge oppurtuities for immigrants they needed huge populations to work the land mines populate the cities.

britain needed massive numbers for the factories ship yards and building esp during teh war years and the rebuilding.

Trying to get into Oz or the states now is not easy they just dont take anyone if your of use have a skill they need its possible to get in.

Irelands intake of immigrants was mostly for unskilled work in construction or the service industry waitressing cleaning etc
                              construction is all but dead now and many pubs restaurants and hotels are suffering with job losses.
                              We are a small country in population and size and our infrastrucure simply is not capable
                              of the large influx of immigration we recieved.
                              You could argue it was not good enough before our popualtion boom

Being in the EU means we are free to work and travel in fellow member countrys which is sadly what many 10000s of mostly young people will have to do life on the dole does not really appeal.
                              Last edited by Guest; 25-07-10, 18:41.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQMU1S8FhKg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h986aTCAo4w&feature=related[/ame]
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Mick, I do hope you're not taking any offence from my posts, I regularly have this same argument with good close friends over a pint, it never changes my view of them as friends. Text based arguments can sometimes convey offence where none is meant
                                  Not at all it just seems any debate on said issue you have one group saying all them bleeding fordiners are getting free mercs off the government eating our swans and netting our fish

some truth found a tangled gill net the last time i was fishing surroudned by cans of polish lager circumstantial evidence i might add.

Then you have the opposite side all peeps claiming asylum tell the truth none are scammers all foreign nationals work hard none are criminals
                                  all travellers are discriminated againest none ever rob mess there camp site intimidate and run amok
                                  or destroy pubs except in Balbriggan.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                    We are a small country in population and size and our infrastrucure simply is not capable
                                    of the large influx of immigration we recieved.
                                    You could argue it was not good enough before our popualtion boom
                                    Where do you get this stuff from?

Irelands population density is very low. We could do with a few more people. Then we could get to work improving the 'infrastructure' you refered to.

some truth found a tangled gill net the last time i was fishing surroudned by cans of polish lager circumstantial evidence i might add.
                                    This is typical of the latent racist propaganda that creeps into conversation every day. What point are you trying to make here? It is clear which side of the 'debate' you are on and don't need any evidence, circumstantial or otherwise.

Question: What country has the highest number of non-nationals in Ireland?
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                      Thought the mass booing of Alan Brogan from the hill when he was taken off
                                      was disgusting.
                                      Unless I was on a different Hill yesterday this did not happen. Obviously it's hard to tell what is happening on the entire hill when you are on it but I heard not one person boo. Everyone around me was cheering him off. There was a boo for a free that was given against a Dublin player I think about the same time, maybe that was what you heard.

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                      For the most part the punters who embrace the Hill are a pack droolers of the highest order. The last time I was there I made a conscious decision to never go back after Matty Forde,who had scored about a a billion points to single handedly keep Wexford in the game was abused. They launched into some gruesome chant stolen straight from the some English football ground and lashed beer cans at him. Scumminess. It really really annoys me that the hill seem to have some wierd pride in being witty. No your not you shower of pikeys.
                                      I genuinely hate to agree with any of this but it is true. It won't put me off going there though. I've met more genuine GAA fans there than idiots, the problem is the idiots are louder. It's like a nicotine patch for soccer hooligans that don't have a Premiership team to get violent for. I really hate those people.

But Hill 16 to me is full of great memories and, far too often, bitter ones too. I go with the same group of guys I've gone with since I was 15 and I love the whole experience.

That said, I brought my girlfriend there last week and she told me that she loved the atmosphere and the fun that there is on the Hill compared with where she normally sits (Tipp girl, happy out today) but she couldn't get over the invective pouring down on the Armagh players whenever they touched a Dublin player. I have to admit I was embarrassed by it.

To me Hill 16 is the only place to watch a Dublin game properly. It is flawed and it has some awful characters but it is also where I see so many of the Parnell Park crowd who, unlike so many of the idiots who are also there, didn't have to check the programme to figure out who was playing in the Dublin midfield this year. While I bemoan the existence of the latter, I love the fact of the former and I always will.
                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

This is typical of the latent racist propaganda that creeps into conversation every day. What point are you trying to make here? It is clear which side of the 'debate' you are on and don't need any evidence, circumstantial or otherwise.

He was being ironic to demonstrate the idiocy of the extremist point of view that he doesn't share.

However you jumped past that and accused him of having it even though he, tentatively, agrees with your point re: that attitude.

Time for a cultural calm down lads.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Taylor is fucking soul destroying

Comment

Anyone here think playing live with 100% rb would be worth it. I understand its a weird question but what hourly rate could you hope to average ( 50nl winning player ).

Dont want to start a thread about this. Oh yeah rake is 5% capped at €20.
                                            Last edited by tipp86; 25-07-10, 19:18.
                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Seen as there was no mention of the GAA QF draw on here, I went back to the old place to see what people thought. LOL.

There was 3 pages about the draw before it took place and some of them couldn't understand it at all. Like saying Kerry would get Tyrone, although that was impossible. Then when the draw was made some gobshite reckons it was fixed cos the Dubs got Tyrone.

Now there are having another big discussion as to when they think the games will be on. FFS wait til Mon or Tue and we'll all find out together.

Comment

While I agree with most of what you said in your posts the one thing not being taken into account by you is things like the shared sense of humour, cultural references etc

Ive shared house with people from all kinds of places and for the most part it was cool, however even if they are from other English speaking countries like NZ, Aus etc its not always as comfortable as with an Irish person (thats goes both ways, same for them too).

Little things like a bit of slagging when watching the TV etc can easily turn into "what did you say that for".

One of the good things about sharing with de forgieen types is that you tend to spend less time in front of the telly in the first place

tad strong with the xenophobia btw
                                                Last edited by Guest; 25-07-10, 19:22.

Comment

Barneys not done yet

Comment

Some fantastic darts !!
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

What a weekend - saw Predators, Inception, two gigs at the Comedy Festival and a four-band gig in the Lower Deck and now have to get through four pages of the BBV...I'm ready for a few days of sitting on my ass, but the Galway Races start tomorrow and I'm going down on Tuesday morning! :-)

Watched most of the Formula 1 earlier - this season seems one of the best in a good few years, it is still extremely open I think and any one of five drivers can take it I think.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                        Engerland!?

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                        What a weekend - saw Predators, Inception, two gigs at the Comedy Festival and a four-band gig in the Lower Deck and now have to get through four pages of the BBV...I'm ready for a few days of sitting on my ass, but the Galway Races start tomorrow and I'm going down on Tuesday morning! :-)
                                                        Hard life

Comment

Irelands population density is very low. We could do with a few more people. Then we could get to work improving the 'infrastructure' you refered to.

We could do with more peopel to do what exactly?
                                                          the reason european countries can sustain greater popuations per sq mile are many.

We as a country have terrible roads besides some main motorways people waiting for months for hospital beds and operations

what industrys do we have to support a bigger population? please tell me

sure lets all go back building hosues no one needs and the days of 1000s of people employed in assembly lines making computers for Dell

we can go back to a pre famine population of the 1840s and all live on an acre of land and feed a family of 10 on spuds thats one way of getting he population back
                                                          we have 300k people on the dole saying we need more people in the country is delusional
                                                          we cant find jobs for the current population.

And in reference to the gill net ive no doubt it was eastern europeans raping our rivers one of our decent national resourses for food.
                                                          There has been umpteen cases of foreign nationals netting rivers canals and lakes making them unattractive to many tourist anglers costing the country money with loss of tourism

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                            Anyone here think playing live with 100% rb would be worth it. I understand its a weird question but what hourly rate could you hope to average ( 50nl winning player ).

Dont want to start a thread about this. Oh yeah rake is 5% capped at €20.
                                                            sounds like your going to be playing as a prop player in a live game
                                                            if you were a winning player as well could be very profitable i mean if u pay say 10 euro an hour a 6 hour session nets 60 euro with expected profits could be handy money
                                                            even if its 7 50 and hour 6 hour session is close to fifty euro

Comment

BBV heads - more of you should make it your business to get down for the Waterford Masters next year. The value out there over the weekend was unreal

Comment

Imo formula 1 is not a sport. Its about the cars more than the drivers and when you have to let your teammate pass you out it just makes the whole thing a farce.
                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

sounds like your going to be playing as a prop player in a live game
                                                                  if you were a winning player as well could be very profitable i mean if u pay say 10 euro an hour a 6 hour session nets 60 euro with expected profits could be handy money
                                                                  even if its 7 50 and hour 6 hour session is close to fifty euro
                                                                  The downside is that the nights you lose you wont have much RB whereas the nights you win big you will have massive RB. I guess if you adopt a decent BR strategy to the game its fine but a few losing sessions would destroy my online bankroll that is the negative
                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                    Imo formula 1 is not a sport. Its about the cars more than the drivers and when you have to let your teammate pass you out it just makes the whole thing a farce.
                                                                    It's not like this is anything new.

Barichello in Austria in 2002
                                                                    Coulthard in Australia in 1998(and Jerez 1997)
                                                                    Irvine in Japan 1997(and numerous other times)

Heck, back in 60s and 70s it was not unheard of for drivers to have to give their cars to their team-mates if they had an accident/mechanical problem.

It really is a shame though, Massa drove well and deserved the chance to fight for the 1st place on the track. At the same time, Alonso was 31 points ahead of him in the championship.

Comment

Of course you should appreciate having a job, why wouldn't you?

How do we need more people? We needed more people during the celtic tiger as we didnt have enough skilled people to fulfill our growth, and when they came in they did a great job for us. With the recession we need less labour as our domestic supply has obviously gone up exponentially.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                        With the recession we need less labour as our domestic supply has obviously gone up exponentially.
                                                                        I agree with almost everything you've posted, including the above, but it assumes that the supply is keen and interested in the demand.

I believe a significant proportion of the unemployed could be working except they have no interest in doing the jobs that are available and they have a massive disincentive to take those jobs regardless because of the welfare system the country has.

We should all strive to be the best we can be and achieve our dreams, but along the way we shouldn't forget that there is a pride to be taken in honest work. Personally I'd rather be working in McDonalds etc than claiming the dole.
                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                          I believe a significant proportion of the unemployed could be working except they have no interest in doing the jobs that are available and they have a massive disincentive to take those jobs regardless because of the welfare system the country has.

We should all strive to be the best we can be and achieve our dreams, but along the way we shouldn't forget that there is a pride to be taken in honest work.
                                                                          Have to say, I've been amazed at the number of people who've decided not to work just because they can't earn the >€1k a week they used to get 2 years ago. Obviously I'm referring to the (small) courier area, though I imagine it's similar in other basically freelance areas.
                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

If a hotel advertises 24 hour reception does that mean you can check in at anytime? Booking flights somewhere but the only option is to arrive at mid night so we'd be arriving in the hotel at ~1-1.30, it advertises 24 hour reception, check out at 12 and check in beginning at 13:00, what does that mean checking in late wise?
                                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

why does shit like this just seem normal at this stage

Full Tilt, $2 + $0.20 NL Hold'em Tournament, 20/40 Blinds, 7 Players
                                                                              LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BTN: 2,850
                                                                              SB: 2,960
                                                                              BB: 1,505
                                                                              UTG: 4,570
                                                                              UTG+1: 550
                                                                              MP: 4,160
                                                                              Hero (CO): 3,040

Pre-Flop: (60) Q A dealt to Hero (CO)
                                                                              2 folds, MP calls 40, Hero raises to 160, 3 folds, MP calls 120

Flop: (380) A 4 7 (2 Players)
                                                                              MP bets 40, Hero raises to 200, MP raises to 360, Hero raises to 1,120, MP raises to 4,000 and is All-In, Hero calls 1,760 and is All-In

Turn: (6,140) 5 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (6,140) 6 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 6,140 Pot
                                                                              MP showed 6 A and WON 6,140 (+3,100 NET)
                                                                              Hero showed Q A and LOST (-3,040 NET)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Dealer: HARLEYBOY131, it's your turn. You have 12 seconds to act
                                                                                Philsbro: am i the only real person this table
                                                                                Philsbro: that is impossible
                                                                                Dealer: Philsbro, it's your turn. You have 12 seconds to act
                                                                                Dealer: Game #47261276566: HARLEYBOY131 wins pot (850)

Comment

I agree with almost everything you've posted, including the above, but it assumes that the supply is keen and interested in the demand.

We should all strive to be the best we can be and achieve our dreams, but along the way we shouldn't forget that there is a pride to be taken in honest work. Personally I'd rather be working in McDonalds etc than claiming the dole.
                                                                                  I completely agree, that's really why its better that we don't have a fresh impetus of new labour to give the lazy blaggards an excuse!

Just to further this point, a similar issue is when Irish people think investing their savings abroad is a good thing. How can any bank be expected to survive if noone will deposit their funds there. I know people are rightly protective of their savings but its a self-fulfilling prophecy in the sense that if you invest abroad as you believe Ireland is damned, and everyone follows, then you will mostly likely to correct, but for altogether different reasons.
                                                                                  Last edited by Goodluck2me; 25-07-10, 20:58. Reason: Added paragraph

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                    If a hotel advertises 24 hour reception does that mean you can check in at anytime? Booking flights somewhere but the only option is to arrive at mid night so we'd be arriving in the hotel at ~1-1.30, it advertises 24 hour reception, check out at 12 and check in beginning at 13:00, what does that mean checking in late wise?
                                                                                    I wouldnt worry abotu checking in late, only early as they room might not be ready. I'm sure you'd be fine.

Comment

Lovely. Meh messed that up, basically called with AJ, hit J on flop get it in, he has tens hits his set on turn.
                                                                                      Last edited by eagle eye; 25-07-10, 21:02.

Comment

Red Bull New York wonder goal to go 2 - 1 up against City.
                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                                                          I completely agree, that's really why its better that we don't have a fresh impetus of new labour to give the lazy blaggards an excuse!

Just to further this point, a similar issue is when Irish people think investing their savings abroad is a good thing. How can any bank be expected to survive if noone will deposit their funds there. I know people are rightly protective of their savings but its a self-fulfilling prophecy in the sense that if you invest abroad as you believe Ireland is damned, and everyone follows, then you will mostly likely to correct, but for altogether different reasons.
                                                                                          I understand what you are saying, but its in an individuals best interest to maximise their own interest, so cooperation, while better for everyone, is not really feasible in that its not in an individuals best interest.
                                                                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Well, I start a new full time job tomorrow (proper decently paying job for a very good company). Since last December I was labouring for a Fire / Flood damage repair and restoration company. Shite hard dirty work, badly paid - but I was glad to have it. And most importantly, I know for a fact that being in it helped me get the job I start tomorrow because it showed my willingness to work hard if nothing else.

When I was labouring, I was working with guys from Guatemala, The Philippines, Venezuela and a Romanian. Nice lads delighted to be living here and have a bit of work and a few quid. People honestly don't know how good they have it in this country, and I can say from first hand experience that working any sort of job is better than sitting at home doing nothing.
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ran over the final table to take down the Fitz Sunday afternoon €30 FO - let the heater continue

Comment

Werewolf X

Sign ups closing tonight

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                  Well, I start a new full time job tomorrow (proper decently paying job for a very good company). Since last December I was labouring for a Fire / Flood damage repair and restoration company. Shite hard dirty work, badly paid - but I was glad to have it. And most importantly, I know for a fact that being in it helped me get the job I start tomorrow because it showed my willingness to work hard if nothing else.

When I was labouring, I was working with guys from Guatemala, The Philippines, Venezuela and a Romanian. Nice lads delighted to be living here and have a bit of work and a few quid. People honestly don't know how good they have it in this country, and I can say from first hand experience that working any sort of job is better than sitting at home doing nothing.
                                                                                                  Best of luck in the new job.

p.s. Please stop with the sensible posts, I think thats 2 you made recently that i agree with...
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Firstly, congratulations that's great news and good luck tomorrow.

Secondly, I completely agree with the part in bold. Sometimes you have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture. I know if I had somebody in for an interview I would look far more favourably on someone who had worked for the last X period in a job that wasn't related to the area rather than someone who had sat around waiting for the perfect opportunity.

I once went from earning €1k+ a week as a plasterer to combining a FAS Course + part-time Newsagents job + contract cleaning for a grand total of around €200 a week. I've worked at everything from telecoms to plastering to factory operative to door to door sales in order to keep money coming in and avoid being on the dole. My McDonalds statement above wasn't just a throwaway comment, at one point I applied for a job there but the factory job came up first and so I took that.

I accept that not everybody has that option but there are a lot of people who have options open to them rather than joining the welfare merry-go-round and feel that the job is "below them or not worth their while" as you say above people in this country are completely divorced from reality when it comes to how badly they could have it. There's a sickening sense of entitlement that drives me absolutely demented at times.
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

whats the job loyd?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Dublin
                                                                                                        Kerry
                                                                                                        Cork
                                                                                                        Meath

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                                                                                                          whats the job loyd?
                                                                                                          Ah, I'd rather not say if that's okay!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Dublin
                                                                                                            Kerry
                                                                                                            Cork
                                                                                                            Tyrone
                                                                                                            Kildare
                                                                                                            Down
                                                                                                            Meath
                                                                                                            FYP

Comment

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

SB (t1298)
                                                                                                              BB (t2995)
                                                                                                              UTG (t4939)
                                                                                                              UTG+1 (t4064)
                                                                                                              MP1 (t6670)
                                                                                                              MP2 (t5200)
                                                                                                              MP3 (t2763)
                                                                                                              CO (t7851)
                                                                                                              Hero (Button) (t6650)

Hero's M: 21.11

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
                                                                                                              3 folds, MP2 bets t285, 1 fold, CO calls t285, Hero calls t285, 2 folds

Flop: (t1170) 10, 6, 8 (3 players)
                                                                                                              MP2 bets t675, 1 fold, Hero calls t675
                                                                                                              SPOILER

Turn: (t2520) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                              MP2 bets t1555, Hero calls t1555
                                                                                                              SPOILER

River: (t5630) Q (2 players)
                                                                                                              MP2 bets t2670 (All-In),
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              Hero is now thinking: why the fuck am I playing above my BR
                                                                                                              Hero calls t2670

Total pot: t10970

Results:
                                                                                                              Hero had J, J (two pair, Jacks and sixes).
                                                                                                              MP2 had 10, A (two pair, tens and sixes).
                                                                                                              Outcome: Hero won t10970

Comment

Debt collector for the vipers? collection agency

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                  FYP
                                                                                                                  Mine was semi final line up

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                    Mine was semi final line up
                                                                                                                    oh in that case its

Tyrone
                                                                                                                    Kerry
                                                                                                                    Cork
                                                                                                                    Kildare

imho

Comment

I'm scratching my brain trying to think of a very good company PWC or MOPS are my best guesses
                                                                                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

One of the massive problems here is the high rates of social welfare.
                                                                                                                        I have a friend who moved back to ireland from Holland and was offered a job about 400 euro a wek after tax simple 9 to 5 unskilled office job he didnt take it.

He gets 196 euro a week plus rent allowance between him and his girlfriend it covers there house rent for 550 euro amonth, also he gets a medical card.
                                                                                                                        Spin up a 100 a week from some online poekr and he has more money than hed have if he worked.
                                                                                                                        Many people are in the same boat working and feeling like mugs for doing so.

Many people in say the last 2 years have lost jobs through no fault of there own
                                                                                                                        but anyone who couldnt get a job in the celtic tiger years should have there payments stopped.

The country is wrong in so many ways dont have a job no problem heres free money
                                                                                                                        get pregnant without the money to look after said child no problem heres a corpo or council house for you and your child
                                                                                                                        cant afford heroin no problem have free methadone and a free bus pass too

the sense of entitlement especially among those who choose a welfare lifestyle sickens me
                                                                                                                        and what sickens me more is the system that allows it.

Comment

In the Warmup

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds 400 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (t80456)
                                                                                                                          Button (t55424)
                                                                                                                          SB (t46188)
                                                                                                                          BB (t40267)
                                                                                                                          UTG (t27471)
                                                                                                                          Hero (UTG+1) (t4816)
                                                                                                                          MP1 (t8415)
                                                                                                                          MP2 (t96544)
                                                                                                                          MP3 (t146208)

Hero's M: 0.50

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 7, 6
                                                                                                                          1 fold, Hero bets t4416 (All-In), 6 folds, BB calls t416

Flop: (t14432) 7, 3, 9 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t14432) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t14432) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t14432

Results:
                                                                                                                          BB had 3, K (one pair, threes).
                                                                                                                          Hero had 7, 6 (one pair, sevens).
                                                                                                                          Outcome: Hero won t14432

to

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 3000/6000 Blinds 600 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t117320)
                                                                                                                          BB (t228859)
                                                                                                                          UTG (t58061)
                                                                                                                          UTG+1 (t141500)
                                                                                                                          MP1 (t106063)
                                                                                                                          Hero (MP2) (t121334)
                                                                                                                          MP3 (t110165)
                                                                                                                          CO (t163510)
                                                                                                                          Button (t150818)

Hero's M: 8.43

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A, A
                                                                                                                          2 folds, MP1 bets t105463 (All-In), Hero raises to t120734 (All-In), 4 folds, BB calls t114734

Flop: (t355331) 3, 10, 6 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t355331) 7 (3 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t355331) 9 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t355331

Results:
                                                                                                                          BB had J, J (one pair, Jacks).
                                                                                                                          MP1 had A, K (high card, Ace).
                                                                                                                          Hero had A, A (one pair, Aces).
                                                                                                                          Outcome: Hero won t355331

14th in chips now. One time!!!!
                                                                                                                          Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X