X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
    Elaborate please. And again pics or ban imo. Refer to earlier post
    She is 16 and absolutely a stunner and is also the nicest and well mannered teenager i have ever had in my company. I can only hope that my own 2 will turn out half a good or as nice as she is . They are all going home on tuesday and we will miss her terribly.

BTW if anyone FYP's this post i will find you

Comment

Its pretty freakin sore. Pic didn't turn out great, cant see the bruising.

Attached Files

Comment

Probably wont get back online today. Best of luck to all the IPBers left in Waterford.

Comment

Shit zuutroy that looks painful!
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Just getting 6 seasons on Bear Grylls at the minute. Gonna be serious viewing done. I'll prob have to get me some Stella and a wife beater for the couch slump.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
              Does anyone have any info on the festival of world culture in dunlaoghaire today . Is it a family thing ?
              Have a spanish student staying with us and would like to go somewhere interesting with the kids .
              Lots of family stuff to do there. No parking spaces tho, get the dart.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                She is 16 and absolutely a stunner and is also the nicest and well mannered teenager i have ever had in my company. I can only hope that my own 2 will turn out half a good or as nice as she is . They are all going home on tuesday and we will miss her terribly.

BTW if anyone FYP's this post i will find you
                You wont be saying that when you catch some lad sneaking ou your front door after giving her a good aul pastin for he night Where are you living anyway Wanna bring he family down to the sunny south east for the Masters
                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                  Just getting 6 seasons on Bear Grylls at the minute. Gonna be serious viewing done. I'll prob have to get me some Stella and a wife beater for the couch slump.
                  I used to enjoy watching him until I saw one episode where he was practicing throwing a stick so as to catch himself a rabbit. There were horses nearby, why didn't he just kill one of those, mucho mucho meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                    I agree so strongly with most of your post Lloyd. We should have absolutely buried Louth today. However, surely you must be able to see the huge improvement in so much of what Dublin are doing over the last 3 weeks.

I have no illusions about beating any of the big 3. I just can't see it happening. But I also believe that there have been a lot of positives to think about over the last few weeks.
                    Who have we played? Since we got blown out by Meath we've played:

- Tipperary to whom I mean no disrespect when I say they simply don't match up with what Dublin have to offer both athletically and technically;
                    - Armagh who are a bit beat up in a lot of respects and have a natural tactical approach that suits us to play against down to the ground;
                    - Louth who were mentally destroyed after the Meath injustice;

I do see improvement, particularly in terms of how the Half Back and Midfield lines are competing in the middle of the park. But the deficiencies we have in front of either set of goal posts are still plain to see, and have only been a non issue due to the paucity of the opposition we've faced.

All the elements to get blown out Meath / Kerry style before the end of this Championship are still very much there. The Brogan's and O'Gara are going to struggle against an athletic back three and simply don't convert a high enough percentage of their possession into scores to keep us ticking over against decent opposition. While the full back line is going to get ripped apart by any good bulk scorer. Even with Louth as poor as they were yesterday, they still achieved far too many easy scores / simple frees. There is just zero cutting edge where there needs to be.

Now, obviously all of this exists within a wider context of what can be reasonably expected given the talent level of this particular squad. I never expected us to win the Championship. But there is far too much talent there to be getting blown out in the manner of the Kerry / Meath games. I'm still for getting rid of Gilroy as of now. Right from the start of the league campaign the approach has been way off for me.
                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I finally understand the buzz about inception!! fuckin hell!
                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                        Was out all evening.

What you fancy in the final, we might be able get a wager going??
                        You can have Barney +8.5?

Double or quits on the $20 from the last bet?

Comment

Yeah pretty pissed to be missing Festival of World Cultures. Its usually a brilliant weekend.

Comment

Awkward moment there where a 3 call center rep asked me how is my weekend going i mean what do you say back they cant really be having a good one.
                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                              Who have we played? Since we got blown out by Meath we've played:

- Tipperary to whom I mean no disrespect when I say they simply don't match up with what Dublin have to offer both athletically and technically;
                              - Armagh who are a bit beat up in a lot of respects and have a natural tactical approach that suits us to play against down to the ground;
                              - Louth who were mentally destroyed after the Meath injustice;

I do see improvement, particularly in terms of how the Half Back and Midfield lines are competing in the middle of the park. But the deficiencies we have in front of either set of goal posts are still plain to see, and have only been a non issue due to the paucity of the opposition we've faced.

All the elements to get blown out Meath / Kerry style before the end of this Championship are still very much there. The Brogan's and O'Gara are going to
                              struggle against an athletic back three and simply don't convert a high enough percentage of their possession into scores to keep us ticking over against decent opposition. While the full back line is going to get ripped apart by any good bulk scorer. Even with Louth as poor as they were yesterday, they still achieved far too many easy scores / simple frees. There is just zero cutting
                              edge where there needs to be.

Now, obviously all of this exists within a wider context of what can be reasonably expected given the talent level of this particular squad. I never expected us to win the Championship. But there is far too much talent there to be getting blown out in the manner of the Kerry / Meath games. I'm still for getting rid of Gilroy as of now. Right from the start of the league campaign the approach has been way off for me.
                              GP

Thought the mass booing of Alan Brogan from the hill when he was taken off
                              was disgusting. The guy has been clearly struggling of late and was having a bit of a nightmare yesterday but he has been a great servant to the county over the years including two all stars seasons and certainly didn't deserve the that reaction from our ‘fans'. It's not like he was hiding out there either, his honesty of effort can't be questioned. Made me cringe I must admit!
                              Profit before people.

Comment

boylepoker software, why is the password not working for the poker software when it works for the main login to the site?
                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                  Its pretty freakin sore. Pic didn't turn out great, cant see the bruising.

I'm pretty sure he meant pics of nurses, no one cares about your face (no offense )

Comment

LOL Felipe Massa must have had a FML moment there having to let his team-mate Alonso through into the lead!
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

For the most part the punters who embrace the Hill are a pack droolers of the highest order. The last time I was there I made a conscious decision to never go back after Matty Forde,who had scored about a a billion points to single handedly keep Wexford in the game was abused. They launched into some gruesome chant stolen straight from the some English football ground and lashed beer cans at him. Scumminess. It really really annoys me that the hill seem to have some wierd pride in being witty. No your not you shower of pikeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                          GP

Thought the mass booing of Alan Brogan from the hill when he was taken off
                                          was disgusting. The guy has been clearly struggling of late and was having a bit of a nightmare yesterday but he has been a great servant to the county over the years including two all stars seasons and certainly didn't deserve the that reaction from our ‘fans'. It's not like he was hiding out there either, his honesty of effort can't be questioned. Made me cringe I must admit!
                                          Well yes, obviously while I don't think O'Gara or AB are up to it I would never contend it is because of a lack of effort on their parts. BB frustrates me a helluva lot more than the other two ever would.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                            For the most part the punters who embrace the Hill are a pack droolers of the highest order. The last time I was there I made a conscious decision to never go back after Matty Forde,who had scored about a a billion points to single handedly keep Wexford in the game was abused. They launched into some gruesome chant stolen straight from the some English football ground and lashed beer cans at him. Scumminess. It really really annoys me that the hill seem to have some wierd pride in being witty. No your not you shower of pikeys.
                                            Yes, yes. This!

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                              Nah, wasn't a piss take. There are similar adverts and sales.

What's funny is that I paid €1500 for this laptop 5 years ago and am wondering why people would pay €150 for it.
                                              loltechnologyandfallingpricings.
                                              Moore''s Law.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                boylepoker software, why is the password not working for the poker software when it works for the main login to the site?
                                                different password maybe?

Comment

From the Waterford Masters thread, deserves to be seen in the BBV.
                                                  Originally posted by KevIRL
                                                  Waterford's Darren Reilly won the €170 side event last night. At about 5am the last 3 players did a deal agreeing to pay Darren the full first place amount and chop second and third between the other 2 players and play on for the trophy

The hand after the deal was made saw one players bust out. The other player then said he didnt want the trophy and that was the end of the side event! lolsideeventaments
                                                  I want that man to represent me in my next pay review with my boss.

Comment

Was that Darren that used have something to do with Aces before BigSlick took over.
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Hmmm seems to be something odd going on with this aircraft http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSSWnXQsgOU DOOH!!

mysterious has to be the worst poster I've ever encountered on a discussion forum.

Comment

I snipped this picture from this article, its a guy selling poker souvenirs, who honestly would want a signed picture from Kathy Liebert??? You could probably say who would want any of them but i just found her inclusion a little strange.

Attached Files
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Does anyone know if/when they are planning on introducing new cigarette boxes with pictures of diseased lungs on them?

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                            Was that Darren that used have something to do with Aces before BigSlick took over.
                                                            Yeah, he was partners with Duncan when they opened.
                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodluck2me View Post
                                                              Cliff notes?
                                                              This idiot who I haven't seen since about 1992 but am 'friends' with on fb created this xenophobic page called 'employ Irish' with all the usual ignorant 'I'm not racist but...' shite on it.

I emailed him (I didn't know for sure who he was until afterwards) telling him how much of a retard he was and he posted my email on the page, got lots of abuse from his fellow droolers.
                                                              I then had an email spat with him which ended with him saying 'yeah yer sister'

I linked to the page here and urged people to report it for incitement to hatred and facebook deleted it the next day.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                This idiot who I haven't seen since about 1992 but am 'friends' with on fb created this xenophobic page called 'employ Irish' with all the usual ignorant 'I'm not racist but...' shite on it.

I emailed him (I didn't know for sure who he was until afterwards) telling him how much of a retard he was and he posted my email on the page, got lots of abuse from his fellow droolers.

I linked to the page here and urged people to report it for incitement to hatred and facebook deleted it the next day.
                                                                The universal thing about guys like that is they are so blinded that they genuinely think they are doing the right thing. Sad really.

Comment

Not sure what othyer stuff was on page but saying employ irish is hardly incitement of hatred is it? there may ahve been more things said
                                                                  It seems one cant have any sort of debate on the immigration issue without bena bigot, racist xenophobe etc.
                                                                  Ive heard many stories here about taxi drivers giving out about dub taxi drivers complaining about foreigners etc,never heard a story of and bad things happening with foreigners
                                                                  ive had non national drivers taxi men taking wrong routes giving wrong change always not enough
                                                                  had my fair share of irish gimp drivers too
                                                                  i think as our economy continues to suffer that xenophobia will only increase unfortunately

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055976368

mysterious has to be the worst poster I've ever encountered on a discussion forum.
                                                                    I can't believe his behaviour is being endorsed by a mod as well and allowing him to post in the manner that he does. He is a loon.

On another note, I was reading this thread there the other day. Made me really angry once they moved onto the youtube clips of idiots playing dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                      Not sure what othyer stuff was on page but saying employ irish is hardly incitement of hatred is it? there may ahve been more things said
                                                                      Mick, saying 'Employ Irish' by itself on a platform such as fb is inciting hatred imo. There was a lot more to it than that anyway, but I would consider that statement by itself xenophobic.
                                                                      It seems one cant have any sort of debate on the immigration issue without bena bigot, racist xenophobe etc.
                                                                      Quite likely because people who have a problem with immigrants are ignorant, bigoted, racist xenophobes. This page was no debate!

Ive heard many stories here about taxi drivers giving out about dub taxi drivers complaining about foreigners etc,never heard a story of and bad things happening with foreigners
                                                                      ive had non national drivers taxi men taking wrong routes giving wrong change always not enough
                                                                      had my fair share of irish gimp drivers too
                                                                      i think as our economy continues to suffer that xenophobia will only increase unfortunately
                                                                      People relate stories here of ignorant neanderthal racist taxi drivers because they're post worthy.

A Kenyan taxi driver turning left instead of right is hardly gonna set the BBV on fire

Comment

Jaysus that's the best game of hurling ive seen in years. Epic stuff.

Comment

Epic game alright, unlucky on Galway

Comment

Very, Tipp just shaded it imo. Galway manager showing a lot of class in defeat.

Comment

Mick, saying 'Employ Irish' by itself on a platform such as fb is inciting hatred imo. There was a lot more to it than that anyway, but I would consider that statement by itself xenophobic.
                                                                              Quite likely because people who have a problem with immigrants are ignorant, bigoted, racist xenophobes. This page was no debate!

People relate stories here of ignorant neanderthal racist taxi drivers because they're post worthy.

A Kenyan taxi driver turning left instead of right is hardly gonna set the BBV on fire
                                                                              I had an advert placed for a room in my house with irish person preferred is that xenophobic? serious question

reason being id people who i could not understand calling me many had very poor english
                                                                              if an advert says girl wanted for house to live in is that sexist?

i had a nigerian taxi driver tell me all americans are stupid one night i told him my grandfather was american and most nigerians are crooks and scammers did that make me racist?
                                                                              not gonna coment anymore or ill have pavee point or someother shower of gimps bombarding me with hate mail

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                Epic game alright, unlucky on Galway
                                                                                Galway bottlers like the limerick footballers and Mayo footballers too.

Comment

I once had an indiantaxi driver in his thickist indian accent give out about those "fucking black nigerian taxi men". I just laughed and went silient for 25 minutes.

Comment

Did the GAA not include the full time rule in the championship this year?

The half-time and full-time whistle will not be blown until the ball has gone out of play to avoid the controversy which arises when play is brought to a halt while a team is attacking
                                                                                    If they did - this is worse than the meath/louth decision - ref seem to take the easy way out there at the end, heard one of the rte panel mention it but just others just joked about it.

Comment

I had an advert placed for a room in my house with irish person preferred is that xenophobic? serious question
                                                                                      reason being id people who i could not understand calling me many had very poor english
                                                                                      Yes it is Mick. 'Fluent English speakers only' however isn't.

if an advert says girl wanted for house to live in is that sexist?
                                                                                      I don't think it's sexist, there's plenty of legitimate reasons why you would prefer one sex over the other living with you. Absolutely no legitimate reason for refusing someone based on their skin colour or country of origin.

i had a nigerian taxi driver tell me all americans are stupid one night i told him my grandfather was american and most nigerians are crooks and scammers did that make me racist?
                                                                                      Yes, both of you.

Comment

Yes it is Mick. 'Fluent English speakers only' however isn't.

I don't think it's sexist, there's plenty of legitimate reasons why you would prefer one sex over the other living with you. Absolutely no legitimate reason for refusing someone based on their skin colour or country of origin.

Well cultural differences can be pretty big in fairness.
                                                                                        If i lived with a muslim guy say and i had my dog in the house he might be offended as dogs are seen as unclean.
                                                                                        I prefer living with irish people even if i have a german and russian house mate at the minute
                                                                                        they prefer to stay in there room and watch tv on pc maybe its me
                                                                                        i find id have more in common with an irish person than someone from abroad so theres a legitimate reason for ya

Yes, both of you.
                                                                                        was just areaction on my part to his waffling

Comment

I'm not so sure. If the only reason for choosing an Irish person over a foreigner was that they were Irish, then maybe there is grounds for argument. But if the manager says that the customers would rather be served by a local instead of a foreigner, or a similar reason, than I think this is fair enough. This is something I have come across in rural areas.

Comment

I don't think it's racist to have an employ Irish campaign, in theory I agree with it. I think that during these tough times then it's certainly a responsibility for all of us to try and do what we can to benefit the economy, rather than just lie around giving out about the incompetency of bankers, government and the like. I certainly think employers should make an effort to employ Irish if everything else is equal, unfortunately this rarely is. My parents employ about a hundred people through their business and generally try to employ who is best for the position, but if everything was equal would try and employ Irish to ensure their place within the community, and further local relationships as well as the obvious benefits of ensuring their wages go back into the Irish economy.

While thats fine in theory, the sad fact however is that we as a nation have had it so easy and have a very poor work ethic, (I'm including myself in this before anyone points out the hypocrisy of someone who sits at home watching sport going on about this),probably due to having it too easy for a while. Some of the stories that my father has told me about people who he has interviewed would make you cry, Irish people seem to view work as some kind of favour you are performing for your employer rather than the other way round. He'd certainly like to employ Irish people, but the sad fact is that there's not much point when you can employ someone with similar qualifications but is actually grateful for a job, and who certainly work equally as hard.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                              Yeah, he was partners with Duncan when they opened.
                                                                                              He struck me as someone who could pull that deal off.

Pretty sickened i wasnt in croker for that was all set to go until i got out of the car after driving home from waterford and could hardly walk. Didnt think car, luas and a walk from o connel street was the best idea.

Think Tipp was the slightly better team. I really dont think that there will be much between them and Waterford. Kilkenny will beat Cork and id fancy them to win again in the final whoever they play.
                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I don't agree with all of SICKPUPPY's posts, but I certainly find his direct take on things refreshing. I think people are far too inclined to leave no wiggle room from the accepted "PC" standard on everything.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  I can't believe his behaviour is being endorsed by a mod as well and allowing him to post in the manner that he does. He is a loon.

On another note, I was reading this thread there the other day. Made me really angry once they moved onto the youtube clips of idiots playing dumb.
                                                                                                  Oh wow! 40 posts in and I am face palming hard.

This is an absolute gem:

Originally posted by TalkieWalkie
                                                                                                  Ok, is Dublin city Council, AKA Dublin Corporation, a Corporation ?

Of course, if we could prove the Gardai are a corporation there would be uproar !!

It takes a bit of common sense.

You don't pay road tax and you are stopped by the cops, they take you're car, then you go to court, then you get fined, possibly jailed. But they are not fining or jailing you, they do it to the "legal fiction entity" they have created for you, your birthcert. They can not do this to a free human being, so they create another entity. When you agreed to being that entity, you give them jurisdiction over you.

MR or MS CAPITAL LETTERS

Comment

I'm often slagging her articles off, so I thought it was only fair to link to this one, interesting and well thought out article by Victoria Cohen

Ron Fanelli was a poker player: loud, brash, rightwing, ex-US navy. Victoria Coren liked him. Then last week she learned that he had confessed to killing bar girl Wanphen Pienjai in Thailand and chopping up her body

Comment

I think sickpuppys point is fine. I would prefer if i had a free room for it to be someone irish. I say that and i work with foreigners who i have great time for and are lovely people.

In saying that it would not be just foreigners it would have to be people in my rough age group and have some things in common with me.
                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH8-6JW-rUA&feature=player[/ame]

Comment

My last post on the issue of cultural differences
                                                                                                          4 years ago my 2 house mates got a chinese girl in the house i was not about basically i worked and lived in casino.
                                                                                                          One mate had an asian fetish after travelling the other just wanted anyone in the house.

The girl was nice but had literally no english at all.

Was tough explaining stuff about bills tv licence normal stuff and her first time away from home she was clueless about cleaning etc.

She went back to china for 5 weeks and day before she left said my friend stay in my room for when im gone to my mates

ffs i said a complete stranger for 5 weeks no i said tried to explain that she could not just sublet her room despite paying rent i was called stupid irish something and she moved out when she came back

lived witha disaster of a french chick whod come home locked and leave grill on and set of fire alarm constantly
                                                                                                          had a few fools of irish hosue mates through the years here and abroad
                                                                                                          but these and other cultural differnces is why id prefer to live with irish people

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                            A certain Wexford IPB'er tried to ban me from Kev's account but couldn't finkel out how to do it.
                                                                                                            If i had a little more time i would have taken over this place or at least deleted your account tor something

Up the cats

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                              You can have Barney +8.5?

Double or quits on the $20 from the last bet?
                                                                                                              Its on!!!

Tonights the night the real Barney makes his comeback.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

My Dad's such a degen. He's in Tallaght hospital since last Wednesday, on Saturday he begged the nurses could he be let out for a few hours to go home.

They let him go with strict instructions to be back by the shift change at eight or the night nurses will be panicking over the empty bed.

He legged it over to Molloys to JP's game, chopped it three ways at 7.35 and was back in his bed at 7.50.

He's a header.

Comment

Ive burned a few euros on Barney @ 6/1, i think hes ready for Phil now

Comment

lol crazy people

Comment

Whether you guys agree with Mick's point or find it refreshing doesn't take away from the fact that it's a xenophobic position.

The fact that you may show tolerance in other areas of your life (foreign colleagues etc...) doesn't change this fact.

Mick's position displays his 'fear' of foreigners, a fear that he won't get on with them as well as an Irish person, a fear that he won't have anything in common with them.

That fear, is xenophobia.

Comment

11/2 for a 9 darter anyone?

Comment

Best walk on in the business Barney

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X