This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    EagleEye I am not going to derail a very good in the well thread by Oldjude but will you please extend on your comment about me?
    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
      i guess i understand the appeal of sports now; it's just about getting to needle people, yeah?
      The Sports Team From My Area is Superior to the Sports Team From Your Area.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
        No they're not! The Sports Team From My Area is vastly Superior to the Sports Team From Your Area.

Comment

Ive started reading those Stieg Larsson nonsense thrillers. OMG they are absolutley poker addictive. Very very enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
            No they're not! The Sports Team From My Area is vastly Superior to the Sports Team From Your Area.
            Lads this is Ireland get it right

The Sports Team I like From the area I have never been to is Superior to the Sports Team you like From the area you have never been to.

Comment

figured as much.
              I met you a few years back and you seemed like a decent guy at the time but since then from reading all you post in the BBV and other parts of the poker forums I've come to the conclusion that you have an ego the size of planet earth at the very least.

I'm sure we will meet in the future at some time and if you wish to discuss it there and then I've no problem with that.

Fyi I've really no time for a certain DBC but if you did what was put up on a youtube to me you would be currently walking around with less than a complete hand. That video led me to believe that you haven't a clue how to act around people and are an ignoramous at best.

I enjoy life for the most part and I don't think anybody on this site who has met me in person would have bad things to say about me. I can disagree with people at times but I try not to insult them. As a matter of fact I try and help people out if I get the opportunity and I get pleasure from helping others. I was wrong to do what I did in the OldJude thread but I'm man enough to apologise to him for doing it. And I was willing to accept anything he had to say in return but its clear he is a bigger man than that.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I'm after bering accosrted in the queue for food by a very big man in a very bad mood looking for me to explain my comments about him on boards.

I had to explain that I think he might of being mixing me up with Eagle Eye.

Not a happy camper IMO.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It's ridiculous how much better Taylor actually is than anybody else.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I'm after bering accosrted in the queue for food by a very big man in a very bad mood looking for me to explain my comments about him on boards.

Not a happy camper IMO.

Comment

I'm a little tea-pot.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Not a happy camper IMO.
                        I wouldn't worry about him , He only think's he's a hard man and he's fk all good on the street anyway.
                        He is really just a big cuddly luvable hoor

Comment

Catch Me If You Can has just started on BBC, great film IMO

Comment

how long does it take for funds to be deposited into Moneybookers when you withdraw from Party does anybody know please?

Comment

figured as much.
                              That's uncalled for gimmeabreak.
                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                Starvin Marvin...

If you want a bet on the darts tonight, i'll take Barney -1.5 and Whitlock +9.5 if you want $20 on either of them?
                                Was out all evening.

What you fancy in the final, we might be able get a wager going??
                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Awesome soundz

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDwAG4EDpDA[/ame]
                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

you just reminded me of a great mash up

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQCh_Dr2p4[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                      i really do like jedward

Double edit: gimps
                                      Last edited by Icarus152; 25-07-10, 00:06.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                        9 points flatters Louth quite frankly. In so many ways, Dublin have been brilliant - but their lack of ruthlessness in front of the Louth goal is shocking. Kerry would be at least 15 points up on that level of opposition. etc, etc, etc...
                                        I agree so strongly with most of your post Lloyd. We should have absolutely buried Louth today. However, surely you must be able to see the huge improvement in so much of what Dublin are doing over the last 3 weeks.

I have no illusions about beating any of the big 3. I just can't see it happening. But I also believe that there have been a lot of positives to think about over the last few weeks.

To echo your other point though, I totally concur about Louth. Some Dub fans were singing "Louth are the Champions" to the tune of Queen with a bunch of Louth men in the pub I was in beforehand and there was a genuinely nice atmosphere between the fans today I thought. I feel sorry for Louth and I hope they bounce back next year.
                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                          Some Dub fans were singing "Louth are the Champions" to the tune of Queen with a bunch of Louth men in the pub I was in beforehand and there was a genuinely nice atmosphere between the fans today I thought.

Comment

Dexter season 5 trailer, looks fucking awesome!!!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCMbW-BRE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                              I didn't make any comment about Meath did I?

Like it or loathe it Meath were pure shite in the Leinster final and should have won it by a greater margin than they beat Dublin but instead they got an incredibly fortunate goal that they didn't deserve and, even if it would have been a peno, as a direct result Louth lost the game.

Louth are a county who get nothing in intercounty terms and they, rightly or wrongly, feel that they had their best chance in years stolen from them. On a day when their team were beaten before any Dublin player even touched the ball is it beyond the petty parochialism of some elements of GAA to allow them some morsel of dignity in imagining the victory that was so cruelly snatched from them?

I don't think Meath cheated. They didn't try and con the ref, it was his mistake to make. But I do think that acting as if Meath were the rightful champions is a little more than rich and less than kind.
                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

What a shitty week on the personal and poker front...it hurts loosing 30% of the roll to a lucky drooler who ran like jesus. Taking a break so fcked off. BTW fully agree with the post above Keith.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                  Dexter season 5 trailer, looks fucking awesome!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUbCM...layer_embedded
                                                  Half way through season 2 of Six Feet Under and so strange to see Dexter play the character he does in it !! (He plays a gay funeral undertaker, btw) anytime he has a "moment" with a man i keep expecting him to produce a syringe and stick it in their necks !!
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist View Post
                                                    you just reminded me of a great mash up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whQCh_Dr2p4
                                                    If you like mashups, there's only one DJ worth listening to imo...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JBAxkZun3s[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                      If you like mashups, there's only one DJ worth listening to imo...
                                                      He be the king alright.
                                                      eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                                                        He be the king alright.
                                                        One of the best live gigs I've ever been to. Pulls everyone up onto stage, Andrews' Lane Theatre was absolutely jammed.

Man I'd love to go see him again, was at Base Bar on Wicklow street on a Friday night a while back and they have a mashup DJ, he was good, but no comparison.

Comment

Mashups leave me cold.
                                                          They remind me of the type of shit I used to do with a tape deck when I was 12.

Comment

Mashups leave me cold.
                                                            They remind me of the type of shit I used to do with a tape deck when I was 12.
                                                            you must've been a seriously talented individual, or else have had the most excessive cassette setup going!

E603 is a pretty decent artist too, for any of the Girl Talk afficionados.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJDKZvkSu44&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

I was looking for something to do early tomorrow afternoon for a couple of hours and discovered a fantastic looking festival of world cultures is going on in Dun Laoghaire. It's really big by the looks of it and has loads of incredibly cool and fun looking things to do:

Comment

I was there today hotspur, I wasn't sure what exactly you were supposed to do, so just wandered around for a while, ate some food that I wouldn't normally ask for, and then sat on the grass and had pints while some dude banged on a nice drum.

it was nice.

Would go again (will be there tomorrow I reckon sure)

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                  I was looking for something to do early tomorrow afternoon for a couple of hours and discovered a fantastic looking festival of world cultures is going on in Dun Laoghaire. It's really big by the looks of it and has loads of incredibly cool and fun looking things to do:
                                                                  http://www.festivalofworldcultures.c...=sunday&o=type
                                                                  Definitely worth checking out. The festival has been around for 10 years or so.

Comment

you must've been a seriously talented individual, or else have had the most excessive cassette setup going!
                                                                    You've found me out.
                                                                    I think I just used to record a bit from one thing, then another, then back to the original, so it was never actually mashed up. But it still reminds me of this.

I had promise.

Although, when I was very young, I rememeber having a portable (portable in those days meant about the size of a toaster) tape player with a microphone attached, it was red and yellow and the nuts.

Comment

Have a laptop like this I want to get rid of.

Can anyone explain why it's still possible to get €150e + for it?
                                                                      It's at least 5 years old, why would people both when they could buy a new one for 300 or so...

Also, the one I have - no matter how many times I've reinstalled - just keeps blue screening and won't boot in.
                                                                      Sick of it now, don't understand as I've used the cd provided to do a fresh re-install and started adding service packs and it still happens
                                                                      each time. Could it be a hardware problem?
                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 25-07-10, 03:00.

Comment

Have a laptop like this I want to get rid of.
                                                                        PSU (wire was sampled by enthusiastic puppy then expertly joined in one place and used, safely, for two years)

I admire that sellers honesty.

Comment

Yea, I'll probably have to do similar.
                                                                          They overheat and shut off eventually, in my experience.

Don't know why people would buy a laptop that is 5 years old.
                                                                          In my experience, they get noisy and shit over time.

Comment

Were any of those offers genuine? Maybe its cause I'm drunk but the whole 3 pages read like a pisstake - offer 100, then 120, then 130, then 140, get him all excited thats he about to get the asking price ; then offer 50.

I doubt its worth much more than scrap.

Comment

Nah, wasn't a piss take. There are similar adverts and sales.

What's funny is that I paid €1500 for this laptop 5 years ago and am wondering why people would pay €150 for it.
                                                                              loltechnologyandfallingpricings.
                                                                              Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 25-07-10, 04:09.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qMHNFOtjYk[/ame]

Comment

Reminds me of
                                                                                  [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2cYWfq--Nw[/ame]

and

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKji7M4Wpec"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKji7M4Wpec[/ame]

Comment

Boingggggggg

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Mad Men S04 starts tonight!

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Greetings from Kinsale,

Some of the golf heads on here might be interested in this.
                                                                                        I have six green fee vouchers that we won't be using for Kinsale Golf Club for sale.
                                                                                        Two are for the Old Head course and Four for Kinsale GC. They're valid from now until the end of the 2010 season.
                                                                                        Fire me a PM if you're interested, will swiftpost them along to you.

Mods, please delete if inappropriate.

Comment

To eagle eye gimmeabreak maybe ye should just meet.

Damo used to annoy the life out of me on this until i met him last week and he seemed like a nice fella.

I wasnt overly happy with the way he ran a straight flush into my nuts flush tho
                                                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post

Damo used to annoy the life out of me on this until i met him last week and realised he could crush me with one hand.

I wasnt overly happy with the way he ran a straight flush into my nuts flush tho
                                                                                            fyp.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                              IPB Boxing match with proceeds going to Charity?

Comment

Nurse bouncy castle party took an ugly turn early on with me exiting said castle at great speed and landing on my face. Was sure I'd lost some teeth at least but I got away with it thankfully. Face is cut up pretty good though. Thankfully Cptn. Morgan dulled the pain at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                  Nurse bouncy castle party took an ugly turn early on with me exiting said castle at great speed and landing on my face. Was sure I'd lost some teeth at least but I got away with it thankfully. Face is cut up pretty good though. Thankfully Cptn. Morgan dulled the pain at the time.
                                                                                                  Do mine own eyes deceive me or is there a lack of pics with this post?

Comment

Sumo suits,imo.

Comment

Obv a Zuutroy level.

Comment

IPB Boxing match with proceeds going towards medical bills?
                                                                                                        fyp

Comment

LOL, I was speed reading this post and I misread exiting for excited and thought you had got overly excited on the thing and shot your load!! (Don't ask, my head is fried this morning!)

That would probably have been worse then what really happened. And at least there were loads of nurses to fight over taking care of you. Are the teeth all grand in the end??

Comment

Me Likes. I can help organise this if there is any interest shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                              Do mine own eyes deceive me or is there a lack of pics with this post?
                                                                                                              sorry too lazy and hung over to be bothered looking for my phone and cables to upload pics!

@Ste...how the hell did you read that! Obv a male nurse was first on the scene...fml. Yeah teeth are grand.

Comment

sorry too lazy and hung over to be bothered looking for my phone and cables to upload pics!

@Ste...how the hell did you read that! Obv a male nurse was first on the scene...fml. Yeah teeth are grand.
                                                                                                                A hangover is transitory,pictures last a lifetime.We can wait.

Comment

You do know Icarus and me may or may not have access to Mod powers later on when we get Kev bladdered...PICS OR BAN
                                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

We'll wait!!

LOL, just to rub sand in the wound.

And I've no idea how I read that. I've an exam tomorrow on Cognitive Psychology and my head is fried with theories of Perception, Attention and the likes, probably something to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                      You do know Icarus and me may or may not have access to Mod powers later on when we get Kev bladdered...PICS OR BAN
                                                                                                                      A certain Wexford IPB'er tried to ban me from Kev's account but couldn't finkel out how to do it.

Comment

Does anyone have any info on the festival of world culture in dunlaoghaire today . Is it a family thing ?
                                                                                                                        Have a spanish student staying with us and would like to go somewhere interesting with the kids .

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                                          Does anyone have any info on the festival of world culture in dunlaoghaire today . Is it a family thing ?
                                                                                                                          Have a spanish student staying with us and would like to go somewhere interesting with the kids .
                                                                                                                          Elaborate please. And again pics or ban imo. Refer to earlier post
                                                                                                                          Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 25-07-10, 11:11. Reason: spelling
                                                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X