This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
    Ive three prefered methods of dealing with chuggers.

"Im sorry. Im driving."

"Im sorry. Im a homosexual."

"Im sorry. I have erectile disfunction."

These need to be delivered pretty deadpan,for the last one its optimal when approached by a good looking female chugger-intense eye contact is also a plus.
    I usually point at the top of a nearby building and say "look at the monkey!".
    I'm long gone when the finish looking.
    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
      Was going to go for the Nah your all right thanks post and leave it up for a few hours. Couldnt pull the trigger though! Yeah that would be sweet-when are you over? Im coming home to go back to college at some stage in August but prob not til towards the end of the month.
      ha, that would have been crushing! i haven't anything booked yet, but probably heading over on the 1st and spending about a week in munich and a few other bits and pieces then berlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
        Don't worry about avatar, but Inception is the dogs bollox!!
        I haven't seen avatar
        3d pocahantas by all accounts so never bothered.
        A mate will not stop going on about the tree of life so I feel I may have missed out
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
          What acc you want the loot shipped to Tony??

I dream of the day i eventually win a bet off you.
          Barney could reel off 6 on the trot, you never know!

There's always Painter +9.5 if you want double or quits!

FlushdrawIRE on stars tho, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            When I posted later that night Danny that it was deleted, I was wrong, he just blocked me, but FB deleted it anyway the next day. Good result.

I figured out who he was too, and deleted him from my friends list.

I laid into the moron over a couple of emails, he posted one of them on the page.
            Good result as you say getting it blocked, he come up with any more genius lines?

Only reason why it popped into my head, had a stupid fucker of a taxi driver last night, get in "Drimnagh please" he starts so "these black drivers are ruining it" i actually said to myself im gonna try and wind this fucker up so it was a fun drive home for me, but i think i might just get out the next time a driver starts something like that.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Re chuggers I couldnt bring myself to say anything smart purposely because they're usually collecting for the blind or down syndrome or a worthy cause(at least thats what it says in the tin!) and i always feel they may have a family member who is afflicted with what theyre collecting for so i wouldnt like to be smart.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                dunno what kind of answers you're expecting to that question!
                Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                As i pmd BK i feel the correct approach for beating 20nl 6 max is constant aggresion. 3 bet like its going out of fashion these guys know what your doing but most will call and falter to 2 or 3 streets of aggression. Most regs at this level cant 4 bet light take advantage of this.

Also now that regs at even 20nl have a good idea of 3 betting they dont necessarily have a clue how to 3 bet in way to gain most +ev. They also will surrender very easy to light 4 bets.

Maybe im incorrect in this statement but just my thoughts from playing 20nl a few months ago.

Thats ok I think I will give ipoker a whirl for awhile - Im beating 25nl over on party for 11bb/100 (brag obviously) over 30k hands - but their loyalty programme sucks and the rake at the micros is pretty disgusting.

Hopefully getting a good deal set up now so I wouldnt mnd taing a small hit in the win rate department once I was making it up in the RB - im not sure if its +ev overall il have to wait and see.

Anyway wedding time

Comment

I was approached by a chugger last week at the Central Bank, I was walking along with my ipod blaring, she sees me and gives me this big smile and bounces over towards me mouthing the words 'Hi there, would you have a moment'

I roared at her 'SORRY, I CAN'T HEAR YOU, MY MUSIC IS TOO LOUD'

she frowned and mouthed the words, 'turn it down then you prick'

I lol'd and walked on.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                    Good result as you say getting it blocked, he come up with any more genius lines?

Only reason why it popped into my head, had a stupid fucker of a taxi driver last night, get in "Drimnagh please" he starts so "these black drivers are ruining it" i actually said to myself im gonna try and wind this fucker up so it was a fun drive home for me, but i think i might just get out the next time a driver starts something like that.
                    lol, you always seem to bump into the stereotypical Dublin taxi driver.

As for your man's genius lines, his final retort was, 'yeah your sister'

Comment

I got abused by a chugger at the bottom of Grafton Street.
                      I was walking and talking with someone but I saw him out of the corner of my eye and shook my head a little to further show my disinterest in being engaged.

He opted to walk backwards and into my path...

Him: Would you like to help blah blah blah animals.
                      Me: No, I hate animals.
                      Him: (pointing, shouting and looking around) THIS GUY HATES ANIMALS, WHAT HAVE THEY EVER DONE TO YOU, I BET THEY HATE YOU TOO.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I dunno i think Tylerdurden just has that confererate look to him

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                          He probably just sounds like he will agree with taxi drivers.

/stereotype

In other news, Phil Taylor is a twat. Brilliant darts player, but a twat all the same.

Comment

Oh that reminds me, some gypo also put a curse on me in Temple Bar.

Again, I was walking and talking with someone, some malnourished English guy holding a book like it were a baby made a beeline for us and I just shook my head slightly uttering 'No, thanks'.

He went off on a rant screaming...

Him: 'THERE WAS NO NEED TO BE SO RUDE, I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK IF YOU WANTED TO HEAR A POEM.
                            Me: I wasn't rude, fuck off.
                            Him: (waving his hands up and down and around) I'M PUTTING A CURSE ON YOU NOW, I'M A BLAH BLAH BLAH ANCIENT GYPSY, I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, YOU'LL HAVE A LIFETIME OF BAD LUCK 'HOMINAHOMINAH-OOH-BLAHBLAHBLAH-HARRYPOTTEResqBULLSHIT'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                              Oh that reminds me, some gypo also put a curse on me in Temple Bar.

Again, I was walking and talking with someone, some malnourished English guy holding a book like it were a baby made a beeline for us and I just shook my head slightly uttering 'No, thanks'.

He went off on a rant screaming...

Him: 'THERE WAS NO NEED TO BE SO RUDE, I WAS JUST GOING TO ASK IF YOU WANTED TO HEAR A POEM.
                              Me: I wasn't rude, fuck off.
                              Him: (waving his hands up and down and around) I'M PUTTING A CURSE ON YOU NOW, I'M A BLAH BLAH BLAH ANCIENT GYPSY, I BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT, YOU'LL HAVE A LIFETIME OF BAD LUCK 'HOMINAHOMINAH-OOH-BLAHBLAHBLAH-HARRYPOTTEResqBULLSHIT'.
                              Only for him you'd have won the lotto by now

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                Remember reading your rant about taxi drives slagging black drivers and then next nite in a taxi and had to listen to it - ugh so annoying...

Comment

Actually, I'm not sure if he said a lifetime or some set period of time, like 'x' years.
                                  I haven't noticed any difference in my luck, still none.
                                  Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 23-07-10, 20:10.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                    Zing!!

Check out the quick wit on Kev dawg

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                      Remember reading your rant about taxi drives slagging black drivers and then next nite in a taxi and had to listen to it - ugh so annoying...
                                      Figured out the difference between call and clock yet Donal!

Comment

Check this out...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCA-XbBT9Rc[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          If it wasn't for luck, I'd win everytime.

Comment

Best way to treat an agressive chugger is to ask them if they have change of a tenner. If the say no, then just walk on. If they have the change then you refuse to give them some as you suspect they are pocketing money.
                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Inception

SPOILER
                                              One thing that's still bugging me. When they're trying to figure out how to get back to reality in emergency when heavily sedated, the chemist dude explains that he created a sedative that has no effect on the inner ear meaning a tip over will still be able to startle the dreamer awake.

But they all go under, all sedated. They can't be 'killed' awake and there's no way of the air hostess knowing they're in danger.

As far as I can see that scene was meaningless, did I miss something?

Comment

final table small tourni, pays 5

button with AA
                                                raise get call by BB
                                                shove flop
                                                get call
                                                he had pocket 5's
                                                he made 555 on flop
                                                would have put me 1st or 2nd

couple of hands later, im shortstack in mid pos, get AQ
                                                shove
                                                called by AK
                                                outski in 10th

getting bored of this happening!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                  Also have a 14kg watermelon for some reason - guess you just cut the fokkers in half and start slurping?
                                                  You might need a somewhat bigger one to try this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xq9QJVKR_1Q[/ame]
                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I love sushi so much it isn't natural. It's the ginger that does it for me I think. I don't know why my friends shot down my idea of delivery sushi in Dublin last weekend. I alone would keep it in business.

Comment

The WA cafe near galway harbour does yummy sushi. Zen up in belfast also good.

Does anyone have any travel advice for getting to central america? Guatemala specifically. Was debating about flight to miami, a few days r and r then on down from there.
                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                        The WA cafe near galway harbour does yummy sushi. Zen up in belfast also good.

Does anyone have any travel advice for getting to central america? Guatemala specifically. Was debating about flight to miami, a few days r and r then on down from there.
                                                        Max Power is your man, he's been to Guatemala.

Comment

Lol, last time I was down that way, the USSR still existed. And there was an Aeroflot from Shannon to Habana, with connections from there. Them were the days.

So, no actual advice

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            I haven't seen avatar
                                                            3d pocahantas by all accounts so never bothered.
                                                            A mate will not stop going on about the tree of life so I feel I may have missed out
                                                            Yeah, it's great to watch, but presumably it's not still available to watch in 3D in the cinema, meh. There'll be other great looking 3D movies in the future for P_L to watch at some stage.

Inception

SPOILER
                                                            One thing that's still bugging me. When they're trying to figure out how to get back to reality in emergency when heavily sedated, the chemist dude explains that he created a sedative that has no effect on the inner ear meaning a tip over will still be able to startle the dreamer awake.

But they all go under, all sedated. They can't be 'killed' awake and there's no way of the air hostess knowing they're in danger.

As far as I can see that scene was meaningless, did I miss something?
                                                            SPOILER
                                                            Yeah, I have a bug bear about a part with this too. The inner ear thing is NB IMO because AFAIK you can be woken by the "kick" at any level below, so they can be "kicked" awake the whole way up to that level. BUT, and here's my bug bear.

The sedative also apparently increases brain function so that time passes at 20x the rate, as you go down, now lower levels don't matter cos you can be kicked back up to the level above, and so you can get all the way up to the Van, using kicks. BUT, because the flight is 9 hours, and as you say the flight attendant doesn't know when to wake them, they're under for 9 hours in real time. This equates to 9*20 or 180 hours, (this is how long the time HAS to be in the first level down, based simply on the brain function thingy and time going slower.

So, that means that we're meant to believe that that initial car chase (bit with the train), hiding out in the warehouse and the Van chase is supposed to last 7 and a half days!! (180/24)

It's nit picking but it did annoy me.

Another question I had was how come there is gravity in the Snow level, if there's no gravity in the Lift level, surely gravity should follow on down??

Enough of the nit-picking, still a great film, and I was probably just paying too much attention to every little thing second time around.

I'm still not sure about the whole Wedding ring thing!

Comment

I was in Nicaragua for a couple of days last year. We flew to Orlando, spent a bit of time there and then flew direct to Managua (capital of Nicaragua) from there, it was pretty painfree. IIRC we used American Airlines and it was pretty reasonable.

Mad spot, the city was pretty dangerous and I'd imagine Guat might be similar, check out the CIA info page on it to see if there's anything dodgy happening at the mo, we went there during elections and it was pretty strained in the city. We basically got a taxi from the Airport to the bus station and got straight out of dodge. we were visiting Mrs05's sister, who spends alot of time in Central America, she basically said we shouldn't stay in the city, she lived there doing humanitarian aid in a slum, and the local tough nuts liked her so she was apparently safe, but a few of her friends had been kidnapped and the likes. She stayed in Guatamala for a few months and I'd ask her for advice for you, but she's currently out of internet/phone range in deepest darkest Columbia ATM. She's on the US "watch list" now for a time when she was working on the Mexican side of the US border giving water to people who tried to walk through the desert. Mad yoke altogether she is!!

EDIT: I forgot to say, once outside the City, the place was amazing and well worth a visit IMO!!! And I'd presume Guatamala would be similar. They have the maddest busses ever, the drivers are complete lunatics and they're more interested in making sure they have the right tunes blaring then watching the road. I think all the bus drivers are wannebe DJ's TBH. It's also kinda cool seeing lads hopping on, throwing bikes and all sorts onto the roof, while the drivers basically refuse to stop, so even old people are jumping onto the busses!
                                                              Last edited by Ste05; 23-07-10, 23:15.

Comment

Sister in law pics or GTFO imo
                                                                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Sister in law pics or GTFO imo
                                                                  LOL, I'd be shot!! I thought I had a handy pic of one of those buses, but I can't find it

They're kinda like this:

Obv. they're not as bad as this, but you get the idea:

They're all ex US school buses re-painted with, bug ass speakers and a DJ system installed

Comment

http://cristgaming.com/pirate.swf =

Comment

As for your man's genius lines, his final retort was, 'yeah your sister'
                                                                      You should of come back with "so's your face" its just a classic.

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      Any style tips to get rid of this look?

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                      He probably just sounds like he will agree with taxi drivers.

/stereotype

In other news, Phil Taylor is a twat. Brilliant darts player, but a twat all the same.
                                                                      Zing! Oh how nice Dom (fucking culchies )

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                      What was your man banging on about?

Yeah this growing up and getting a conscience over the last couple of years isnt all its cracked up to be im all about having a laugh and a joke about ethnicity but sometimes its just a little much.

I should really start a Peter Griffin type "Grinds My Gears" thread, bus drivers lately been tilting the bejaysus out of me!

Comment

Astral Weeks still a good album, only 42 years old.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QzDWIOUnM0&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QzDWIOUnM0&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrOgYjp20j0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrOgYjp20j0[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          I love sushi so much it isn't natural. It's the ginger that does it for me I think. I don't know why my friends shot down my idea of delivery sushi in Dublin last weekend. I alone would keep it in business.

EDIT:
                                                                          Does this need spoiler tags????

I mean it's pretty explicit sushi IMO.
                                                                          Last edited by newbie2; 24-07-10, 00:46. Reason: It might need spoilers tags

Comment

^^^^ I'm starving!!!!

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Anyone else get the smell of fish from her ?
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

FML

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (SB) ($169.85)
                                                                                BB ($179.45)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
                                                                                Hero bets $1.50, BB raises to $3.40, Hero raises to $9, BB raises to $21.40, Hero calls $12.40

Flop: ($42.80) 3, J, 10 (2 players)
                                                                                BB checks, Hero bets $25, BB raises to $54.60, Hero calls $29.60

Turn: ($152) 10 (2 players)
                                                                                BB bets $103.45 (All-In), Hero calls $93.85 (All-In)

River: ($339.70) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: $339.70 | Rake: $0.50

Results:
                                                                                Hero had K, K (two pair, Kings and Jacks).
                                                                                BB had J, A (full house, Jacks over tens).
                                                                                Outcome: BB won $339.20

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                  Anyone else get the smell of fish from her ?
                                                                                  Feck, I'm too late!

Comment

Just back from Inception, It was awesome!

Comment

Jeez I really gotta see Inception soon!

Comment

Darth Vader robs bank.

Comment

just in fro wedding - gfiend was making shapes 2wards getting a proposal - she was told to GTFO. whan asked why I said I was saving for winter fest she was imressed till she found out it was teh pokers - bac i Go to worshiping the chief , the gretest pyer f them all

Comment

First record I bought, long before you guys were born.
                                                                                            Australian group, one hit wonders.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSowZcvoqr4&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSowZcvoqr4&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

The chief can slam a recolving door

Comment

a women once had sex with the chief.

the chief immediately 2 outered her to the face - proving once and for all that he is the master of run awsome and we shoud all be privilaged to sit at the table with him and marvel at his awsomeness

Comment

Just watched City Of God for the first time, some movie.

BK i wish i was as drunk as you right now.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

He's not drunk, he's high on Chief.

Comment

the chief is a substance that is illegal in 31/32 counties - it s legal in cork because of lol cork people etc etc - i think its time for bed

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dll9its0Jj0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dll9its0Jj0[/ame]

Comment

Brave anti-police song.
                                                                                                          Listen at 1:50 for entry requirements

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2cnRCCHR1k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2cnRCCHR1k[/ame]

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtxan0bJw7k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtxan0bJw7k[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                              Obv. they're not as bad as this, but you get the idea:

Glad to hear transport has improved somewhat in the last 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                the chief is a substance that is illegal in 31/32 counties - it s legal in cork because of lol cork people etc etc - i think its time for bed
                                                                                                                Honestly BK, you really shouldn't go near IPB when you're pissed. It's not even cringeworthy, it just makes you look like a fool

Comment

BK has convinced me to invent the USB breathalyser

I think we would benefit the most.

Comment

BBV Help?
                                                                                                                    Wrecking my head trying to google search for the name of an economist.
                                                                                                                    He was on the frontline at some point last year, I thought he was a professor of Economics at one of our universities here but can't find him at all, he's non-national, eastern european-ish I think, beardy.

Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                      BBV Help?
                                                                                                                      Wrecking my head trying to google search for the name of an economist.
                                                                                                                      He was on the frontline at some point last year, I thought he was a professor of Economics at one of our universities here but can't find him at all, he's non-national, eastern european-ish I think, beardy.

Anyone?
                                                                                                                      I googled ''east european economist was on frontline I think might have a beard'' and got this

Comment

Nah, bit older, darker, more swarthy.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_En3UlgVN6E[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZmDWltBziM&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X