• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s&g's/Tournaments also a little cash
    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
      Whats this bollox of the whole country hating you?
      never heard of it myself there was some unsavoury players in meath Geraghty John Mcdermott was a dirty player also its hard to like thugs no matter what there medal cabinet says
      in the late 80's and early 90's meath got terrible press as a "dirty team". when I was in Mayo last month I was still getting shuned because of what happened in 96 Some journalist still refuse to give us any credit. Martin Mchugh springs to mind - as a lad of 9 years old I met him after the first Mayo game I asked him who he thought would win the replay. He told me straight out that Meath were the dirties team he ever seen and he hoped mayo would win the replay. Since then he has not said one positive word about meath in his column.

some bitterness runs deep

Comment

The WSOP ME is a few days in now, right? Anyone know what the size of the field was?
        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
          The WSOP ME is a few days in now, right? Anyone know what the size of the field was?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
            in the late 80's and early 90's meath got terrible press as a "dirty team". when I was in Mayo last month I was still getting shuned because of what happened in 96 Some journalist still refuse to give us any credit. Martin Mchugh springs to mind - as a lad of 9 years old I met him after the first Mayo game I asked him who he thought would win the replay. He told me straight out that Meath were the dirties team he ever seen and he hoped mayo would win the replay. Since then he has not said one positive word about meath in his column.

some bitterness runs deep
            In GAA there is a difference between hard men and dirty players.
            Like say Ciaran Whelan trys to be hard but he used throw cheap shots
            Dara o SE another dirty player.
            Players like Maurice Fitzgerald and Colm Corkery were great players but were not dirty.
            And in fairness that meath team from 80s to 90s although excellent footballers were a dirty team.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
              s&g's/Tournaments also a little cash
              some rb whore here should be able to fix you up on the ipoker network. For the bigger gtd tournaments stars and ftp obviously but be preferred to put in a huge volume of hours!

Comment

In GAA there is a difference between hard men and dirty players.
                Like say Ciaran Whelan trys to be hard but he used throw cheap shots
                Dara o SE another dirty player.
                Players like Maurice Fitzgerald and Colm Corkery were great players but were not dirty.
                And in fairness that meath team from 80s to 90s although excellent footballers were a dirty team.
                I cant give an unbiased comment to this because im too involved. imo we were hard but fair (an opinion that is probably flawed in a lot of peoples eyes) but I cant help it and il sure uyou'll grant me a pardon on that one

Comment

They were very dirty, some were thugs imo, the worst ones got the most hero status too.
                  I wouldn't be able to name names as I haven't watched Gaa since I was a kid in the 90's.
                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Cheers, guess poker isn't quite as dead as people assumed it would be by now
                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I cant give an unbiased comment to this because im too involved. imo we were hard but fair (an opinion that is probably flawed in a lot of peoples eyes) but I cant help it and il sure uyou'll grant me a pardon on that one
                      Teams can do very well outta the seige mentality and udner Sean Boylan meath were at times an excellent football team with many great players.
                      Boylan himself is ahugely likeable character maybe he made the boys some breed of witches brew before games that turned tham nasty.

I think the 96 final game againest Mayo when Colm Coyle got sent off and Liam McHale mayos best and most influencial player got sent off turned many againest Meath
                      Mayo have not won an all ireland since 1957 so in many peoples eyes to see Meath win by getting Mayos best player sent off made them angry.
                      it was not premeditated thats the way it happened

Comment

It seems Meath like annoying teams who haven't won things since 1957

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                          I hope meath get crushed in the next round, and that cheating scumbag Sheridan gets slapped around.
                          This is possibly the most retarded comment ive ever heard regards sheridan. What sort of a mindless spanner are you?

joe caught the ball low lunged through a load of bodies and tackles then attempted to kick the ball into the net. The fact he was already over the line had nothing to do with him. He made his best attempt to score - he didnt try and con the ref or anyone else. It was plain as day that it had been carried over the line.

The only mistake or hard feelings should be directed toward the terrible mistake made by the ref. Both with awarding the goal initially and secondly with how he failed to take the two umpires opinions into decision and make a ruling based on this.

Also expecting the players to offer a replay is also retarded. terrible decision made, nothing can now be done, now move on . . . next game etc etc
                          GAA News Website

Comment

World cup Sheep game here if anyone wants to have a go.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Think I poisoned myself. Ugh.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                Stay away from those dodgey beers imo

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                  Maybe I'm missing something here, but surely a replay here would set the same dangerous precedent that it would have had France - Ireland being replayed, namely that refereeing errors occur so often that you would constantly have teams demanding replays?
                                  Referee mistakes occur in every game. This was an unusual occurance though. Time was up when a blatantly illegal goal was scored. There was no time to recover. The team robbed were going for their first provincial title for 53 years.
                                  Comparing this to say a Cork point that was actually wide in the first half of the munster final against Waterford is not really comparing like with like .
                                  There was a similar end to a lower profile match in the 90s' between Carlow and Laois and Laois offered a replay. There would not have been any precedent set by Meath offering a replay here.

Those Meath players could go on to great things over the next few years. This incident will now always be a stain on them and I think when the smoke has all cleared they will wish they had done the more honourable thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                    They were very dirty, some were thugs imo, the worst ones got the most hero status too.
                                    I wouldn't be able to name names as I haven't watched Gaa since I was a kid in the 90's.
                                    Colm Coyle was one of the dirtiest inter county footballers for any county that I can remember

Comment

Nvm,it could be worse.
                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                        Colm Coyle was one of the dirtiest inter county footballers for any county that I can remember
                                        Ah yes!
                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Did a thread just disappear? One slagging off andy black by a first time poster?

i was just going into it to tell him get a life.

If your reading, new guy, get a life!

Comment

Yes it got deleted. Not needed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                              Stay away from those dodgey beers imo
                                              Food, not drink.

Comment

Did anyone see the thread in AH ?

Brazillian Footballer has ex murdered and fed to dogs!

Opr

Comment

Food, not drink.
                                                  Ya, silly me drink rarely poisons you. Ate a kebab from a side street in Turkey years ago and underwent a few days of torture food poisoning as a result.

I would'nt wish it on my worst enemy

Comment

Ya, silly me drink rarely poisons you. Ate a kebab from a side street in Turkey years ago and underwent a few days of torture food poisoning as a result.

The alcohol should make me pretty invincible, I will survive. Don't keep yourself awake worrying. I will make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                      Did anyone see the thread in AH ?

Brazillian Footballer has ex murdered and fed to dogs!

Opr
                                                      Didn't read the thread yet but was reading when the story broke a couple of days ago when he got arrested.
                                                      The full story must be leaking out now. What a nut case if its true

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                        This is possibly the most retarded comment ive ever heard regards sheridan. What sort of a mindless spanner are you?

joe caught the ball low lunged through a load of bodies and tackles then attempted to kick the ball into the net. The fact he was already over the line had nothing to do with him. He made his best attempt to score - he didnt try and con the ref or anyone else. It was plain as day that it had been carried over the line.

The only mistake or hard feelings should be directed toward the terrible mistake made by the ref. Both with awarding the goal initially and secondly with how he failed to take the two umpires opinions into decision and make a ruling based on this.
                                                        Fully agree with this.
                                                        Also expecting the players to offer a replay is also retarded. terrible decision made, nothing can now be done, now move on . . . next game etc etc
                                                        Its a sport and its an amateur sport at that. We were told this evening that the majority of the Meath team were against a replay. Thats wrong and they don't deserve their medals if they think they won it rightfully and don't accept that a replay would be fair and just.

So I too hope they get hockeyed in the next round. I don't even know if a replay would have occurred if they had agreed to it but they should never be against it in the first place.
                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                                                          meathaments
                                                          louthaments

i don't hear anyone saying that waterford should have won by a point last sunday. when it was clear that a cork point awarded from a free was at least 2 feet on the wrong side of the post.

They can hardly complain after getting awarded the ridic free at the end for so occasion no knows but the ref.

lol, you're some tool if you don't think he cheated. He didn't try and con the ref? What do you call celebrating the goal? He knew well it shouldn't have been a goal so wtf is he doing celebrating it? About 59 seconds he runs off to celebrate, then if that isn't enough he goes over to the ref when he goals to the umpires to no doubt tell him it's a goal and then he goes off celebrating when it's finally awarded. Yep, didn't try to con the ref at all.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmanXoIqydk[/ame]

Comment

Only a silly Leinster Final, and Dublin werent even in it, who cares.
                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

ipoker full of fucking donkeys
                                                              Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                Dying myself, also made a ridic bet with Nelius about beating his brother in a race on a GAA pitch and I have a 21m headstart!! He gave me 2/1, his brother is obv ridic quick. Maybe he will take it back!!!
                                                                good to put a face to the name!!

Comment

Saying the Meath team was not dirty in the 80/90's is a bit like saying Demi Moore does not like young cock.
                                                                  Even though the ref made a poor call the supporters of Louth made a show of themselves some of the scences i watched was embarassing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                    ipoker full of fucking donkeys
                                                                    yes; yes it is, that is the point, why else would you play on such appalling software?

Comment

What i meant to say is, ipoker rewards fucking donkeys!! xD
                                                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

stayed up late watching a movie (percy jackson, not bad, ridiculous in parts but the missus liked it.)
                                                                        went to bed and remembered I forgot to kick over an overnight process in work,
                                                                        So.....I'm staying up, going in at 6.30 and will kick it off, open the ports and hopefully sleep for an hour or so until people come in

FML
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Went out to a new bar the other day.
                                                                          I can ony describe it as a cougar bar.

It was pretty empty, so when out for a smoke I found the youngest looking girl there. My wreckoned she was about 28 (i'm 24 btw). So we're chatting away for a while, she asks what the hell am I doing at "this" bar,
                                                                          Me:"I came with friends etc"
                                                                          Her:Me too, [points at group of older women]

At this point probably the oldest on the group sees her pointing and comes over. Pretty much says:
                                                                          Oldie: Hi, I'm Brenda, but everyone calls be Bren, what's your name?
                                                                          Me:Well, actually, my name is Brendan, and most people call me Bren.
                                                                          Oldie:Awh that's cute. I see your talking to my friend so I'll cut straight to the point, Would you like to have sex with a 45 year old tonight?
                                                                          Me:............

Obviously, I declined. So I scored with the 28 year old and went to another bar, turns out she was 35!!! Didn't believe me when I said I thought she was late 20s and I wasn't just after a cougar so I couldn't go home with her. FML

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

It was pretty empty, so when out for a smoke I found the youngest looking girl there. My wreckoned she was about 28 (i'm 24 btw). So we're chatting away for a while, she asks what the hell am I doing at "this" bar,

At this point probably the oldest on the group sees her pointing and comes over. Pretty much says:
                                                                            Oldie:Awh that's cute. I see your talking to my friend so I'll cut straight to the point, Would you like to have sex with a 45 year old tonight?

Obviously, I declined. So I scored with the 28 year old and went to another bar, turns out she was 35!!! Didn't believe me when I said I thought she was late 20s and I wasn't just after a cougar so I couldn't go home with her. FML
                                                                            Does not compute
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                pretty obv fake there PL.

black face and white legs is a give away,tbh

Comment

My first holiday in Turkey was like that. I had been careful about where I eat the whole time. On the last night I eat in the hotel and it was some weird soup like chicken dish.

It took 2 days before it really hit and I ended up with salmonella. It meant a further 2.5 weeks off and god knows how much lighter I was! Was the worst thing ever.

You have to be so careful in Turkey. Great place to visit though.

Comment

I went to Turkey a few years ago on hols,the whole 2 weeks I didn't see 1 turkey.

The following year I went to Hungary,the food was poor and I was hungry.

This year I went to Greece,food was greasey.

Next year,I'm going to The Virgin Islands....

Waka waka.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                      I went to Turkey a few years ago on hols,the whole 2 weeks I didn't see 1 turkey.

Waka waka.
                                                                                      I'm reaching for a hammer so I can break me bollix laughing

Comment

I hope Louth use this as motivation to really tear through the qualifiers

I was sure we would offer a replay
                                                                                        Louth will be playing one of this weekend's four winners. IMO, that will either be Cork, Dublin/Armagh, Derry/Kildare or Down. Bye bye Louth.

FWIW, I don't think it was Meath's place to offer the replay. GAA burying its head in the sand again. They should have made a decision immediately after the game and stuck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          Does not compute
                                                                                          haha, I thought she was 28, but when I found out she was 35 I still wanted to,
                                                                                          I told her I was 25 (dunno why I only added on 1 year), and she was like I know we've been kissing all night, but I can't go home with you you're too young etc

In other news, back online playing poker, currently in an internet cafe, played 3 SnGs at the same time,
                                                                                          1st in number 1 (6 max)
                                                                                          1st in number 2 (full ring)
                                                                                          Currently heads-up in the third (plo hi-lo)

playing live tonight, hopefully keep the run up

Comment

change thread title to 'Mellor romances the elderly' imo
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post

Waka waka.
                                                                                              after that, you can try here

Comment

Mod required..

Can someone please open the WW thread for me asap? I have to run the kids to sports camp and need this done as I wont be back for a bit.

cheers

Comment

Chuck Norris once visited the Virgin Islands, they are now known as The Islands

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                    stayed up late watching a movie (percy jackson, not bad, ridiculous in parts but the missus liked it.)
                                                                                                    went to bed and remembered I forgot to kick over an overnight process in work,
                                                                                                    So.....I'm staying up, going in at 6.30 and will kick it off, open the ports and hopefully sleep for an hour or so until people come in

FML
                                                                                                    WP

Ageist

This is fantastic.
                                                                                                    You probably need to know Will Oldham (Bonnie Prince Billy / Palace Music) to fully appreciate it.
                                                                                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSdZ_yZP8bk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

I think the 96 final game againest Mayo when Colm Coyle got sent off and Liam McHale mayos best and most influencial player got sent off turned many againest Meath
                                                                                                      Mayo have not won an all ireland since 1957 so in many peoples eyes to see Meath win by getting Mayos best player sent off made them angry.
                                                                                                      it was not premeditated thats the way it happened
                                                                                                      I dont understand why Mayo people get angry about this though Mchale ran 60 yards to jump into a row and then started swinging for the fences. It is well documented at the time that the ref wanted to send McHale and McDermot off but the umpire changed his mind by saying "Coyle has to go hes after dropping about 5 of them" both deserved to get the line.

Not that it matters either but if you look at a replay of that game the Mayo lads started that fight so they really engineered their own downfall

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                      Fully agree with this.

Its a sport and its an amateur sport at that. We were told this evening that the majority of the Meath team were against a replay. Thats wrong and they don't deserve their medals if they think they won it rightfully and don't accept that a replay would be fair and just.

So I too hope they get hockeyed in the next round. I don't even know if a replay would have occurred if they had agreed to it but they should never be against it in the first place.
                                                                                                      It was far from unanimous - it was actually very close and the meath CB executive voted in favour of a replay but this got overturned when the full county board met - the report of it being unanimous was to present a united front.

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                      They can hardly complain after getting awarded the ridic free at the end for so occasion no knows but the ref.

lol, you're some tool if you don't think he cheated. He didn't try and con the ref? What do you call celebrating the goal? He knew well it shouldn't have been a goal so wtf is he doing celebrating it? About 59 seconds he runs off to celebrate, then if that isn't enough he goes over to the ref when he goals to the umpires to no doubt tell him it's a goal and then he goes off celebrating when it's finally awarded. Yep, didn't try to con the ref at all.
                                                                                                      stop digging

Comment

McWilliams in blistering form today

I particularly like this:

We are entering into a period of many years that will be precisely the opposite of what we experienced in the boom

Comment

haha, I thought she was 28, but when I found out she was 35 I still wanted to,
                                                                                                          I told her I was 25 (dunno why I only added on 1 year), and she was like I know we've been kissing all night, but I can't go home with you you're too young etc
                                                                                                          I was in Australia when I was 25 and ended up going home with a 35 year old. I wasn't proud of it at the time, but I'd like the chance of a 35 year old now

I dont understand why Mayo people get angry about this though Mchale ran 60 yards to jump into a row and then started swinging for the fences. It is well documented at the time that the ref wanted to send McHale and McDermot off but the umpire changed his mind by saying "Coyle has to go hes after dropping about 5 of them" both deserved to get the line.

Not that it matters either but if you look at a replay of that game the Mayo lads started that fight so they really engineered their own downfall

It was far from unanimous - it was actually very close and the meath CB executive voted in favour of a replay but this got overturned when the full county board met - the report of it being unanimous was to present a united front.

stop digging
                                                                                                          Stop trying to defend Meath of the 90's. No one is buying it, and the more you do, the more people will troll you. Next time you give out about someone getting angry and Liverpool/Man U/Arsenal etc, related stuff, think back to this.

TY.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                            McWilliams in blistering form today

I particularly like this:
                                                                                                            Somebody shut that man up please, who wants to be listening to that kind of depressive nonsense. Why doesn't he just go and kill himself?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Somebody shut that man up please, who wants to be listening to that kind of depressive nonsense. Why doesn't he just go and kill himself?
                                                                                                              goddamn doom and gloom merchant

we have turned a corner after all, that nice Mr Lenihan says so

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                I was in Australia when I was 25 and ended up going home with a 35 year old. I wasn't proud of it at the time, but I'd like the chance of a 35 year old now
                                                                                                                Mickey Monday is your friend

Comment

I wouldn't call Sheridan a "cheating scumbag" because most players would have instinctively taken the same course of action in the heat of battle. However Donal I think your'e being a bit generous when you say he didn't try and "con the ref or anyone else". His pathetic effort to meet the ball with his foot only came when he was in the back of the net and his celebration was clearly done in an effort to deceive those around him. All this can be accepted to a certain extent but what I find hard to stomach is Sheridan's brazen response to the interviewers questions some time after the game. Describing the goal as "perfect" when he and anybody watching knew it wasn't as he sported a smug little grin on his face didn't do him or his team any favours with the general public. As another poster suggested, maybe this is the way Meath like it. As for the possibility of a replay, I dont consider Louth's fight for justice through this avenue to be "retarded". Its certainly not without precedence as has been well documented over the last few days. The fact that it was the defining moment of the game and the last play does make a difference. I cant see how Meath can take any satisfaction from this hollow victory and I honestly believe most teams would have offered a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    Mickey Monday is your friend
                                                                                                                    Pray do tell more? Is this the codename for Coppers on a Monday night or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      Pray do tell more? Is this the codename for Coppers on a Monday night or something?
                                                                                                                      not quite

I think eagle eye has practical experience of it, he is probably the man to give you a few tips

Comment

Eagle Eye has practical experience of everything it seems, from ark building to badger baiting.

Comment

Got my driver theory test in 30 minutes, apparently you are meant to study for it. You need to get 35/40, I've done no prep. Reckon I'm a 5/2 shot to pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X