This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
    WTF Muller get's golden boot? do i not get a bet i have on Villa??

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-thomas-muller
    Originally posted by Rigger View Post
    I didn't understand this either yesterday, nobody won.
    In the event of a tie it's decided by who had the most assists. Muller had 3 and therefore gets the golden boot.

If you backed top scorer you'll get 1/4 the odds. If you backed Golden boot you get nothing.
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Vodafone. But they are abdicating responsibility and blaming eircom. "Its out of our hands really, we've reported the problem to eircom and they'll let us know when its fixed".
      Isn't your phone line with Eircom?
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Isn't your phone line with Eircom?
        No I went with Esat in 2005, and they got took over by Vodafone last year.
        I'm with Eircom in the sense that all the landline infrastructure is owned by eircom, but i've never got an eircom bill. Vodafone (and other similar providers) effectively lease the infrastructure lines from eircom.

I think thats how it works anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
          Q:What's the differance between Meath and France?

SPOILER
          A: NOTHING
          I know this was tounge in cheek but people who cant see the difference between what happened yesterday and the France game need to cop themselves on

edit - sigh theres a FB page maybe your right Ciaran

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...4686790&v=wall
          Last edited by Bubbleking; 12-07-10, 15:26.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
            back to civilization. did i miss much?
            Look for HH's posts in here from Friday/Saturday, especially the deleted one, but read in order, or better still find the first one mentioning the Czech, and then read the thread from there until the deleted post from him that I deleted after it got it's couple of days in the sun.

Not hedgehog funny, but far more adult I guess you could say, Don't look at the deleted post until you read the ones building up to it. It ends in FB pervage.

Comment

It just gets better...

"[Paul the octopus] has also been subjected to abuse by disgruntled fans of teams he predicted would lose.
              After Argentina lost to Germany in the quarter-final, Argentines threatened to kill the octopus and put him in a paella."

Paul the octopus retires

Comment

''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Italian Tv is interesting...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2zzDIIf7_o
                  That channel is the equivalent of ITV, and that programme is probably the Italian equivalent of the Saturday evening Ant and Dec slot.

It's no wonder Berlusconi gets elected, he gives the people what they want!

Comment

Any interest here in renewing a Fantasy Premier League comp for IPBers?

KevIrl may be planning to run it but I'm happy to set it up and run if it he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      I know this was tounge in cheek but people who cant see the difference between what happened yesterday and the France game need to cop themselves on

How? I made the comparison yesterday just after the game as well.

In one case a player deliberately did something illegal to make his team win (handball in Henrys case), in the other a player deliberately did something illegal to make his team win (carried/threw the ball over the line in the Meath case). Both knew that what they did was against the rules, yet both did it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

In one case a player deliberately did something illegal to make his team win (handball in Henrys case), in the other a player deliberately did something illegal to make his team win (carried/threw the ball over the line in the Meath case). Both knew that what they did was against the rules, yet both did it.
                        the difference is that Henry deliberately handled the ball twice - he made a conscious decision to cheat to gain an advantage. Joe Sheriden made a burst towards the goal to try and score and in the insuring scrap he found himself in a position over the line - he made an attempt to swing a foot at the ball but missed so it was basically a throw and the ref should have awarded the free out.

tl;dr - Henry meant to cheat joe didnt

Comment

pull the other one

Comment

just cause they break the rules doens't mean anything - what about the professional foul a louth defender did on a meath attacker when they were winning by 3 points, he was running in clear on goal and he made no attempt at the ball and went straight for the man - that was deilberate, "illegal" and against the rules - and got only a yellow card.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                              just cause they break the rules doens't mean anything - what about the professional foul a louth defender did on a meath attacker when they were winning by 3 points, he was running in clear on goal and he made no attempt at the ball and went straight for the man - that was deilberate, "illegal" and against the rules - and got only a yellow card.
                              This game could go on a long time.

My point was more that if any Meath fans were outraged at Henrys handball, they should not try to defend this one.

BK - I disagree somewhat with your view of the incident, but that is to be expected.

Comment

you can see here at 1.40 that Joe makes a clear attempt to swing a boot at it - saying he cheated like henry is a bit insulting and very unfair to him imo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmanXoIqydk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmanXoIqydk[/ame]

Comment

tl;dr - Henry meant to cheat joe didnt
                                  LOL
                                  Its much more likely IMO that what Henry did was an instinctive reaction than Sheridan's carry on yesterday.

Meath are going to offer a replay tonight anyway.

Comment

Well as somebody who has no attachment to either team I do agree that Sheridan did try and kick the ball. It should not have been a goal but Sheridan did try and kick it.
                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                      http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/0712/rta.html

Jaysus Donegal have it tough with road deaths. 7 people in their early 20s

Been up there before, loads of the young lads are crazy on the road. No doubt going to a pub or club and the 7 in the car told your man to boat it. Little sympathy as well tbh.

Comment

you can see here at 1.40 that Joe makes a clear attempt to swing a boot at it - saying he cheated like henry is a bit insulting and very unfair to him imo
                                        You being serious? They both cheated to gain their advantage, end of. It really is that black and white as well.
                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmanXoIqydk
                                          So when he gets up after scoring the try and then throwing the ball at the back of the net and starts jumping up and down celebrating the 'goal' what is he trying to do?

Get a grip man, just because you are pure Meath doesn't give you the right to re invent reality.

Comment

In fairness I agree withe BK here. Joe obviously took a swipe at it wih his foot but missed it. He is nowhere near a cheat. Obviously just a free out. What Henry did was deliberate and cheating but its about time wee got over it haha
                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

WTF Muller get's golden boot? do i not get a bet i have on Villa??

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-thomas-muller
                                              Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                              In the event of a tie it's decided by who had the most assists. Muller had 3 and therefore gets the golden boot.

If you backed top scorer you'll get 1/4 the odds. If you backed Golden boot you get nothing.
                                              I got paid 1/4 odds on Villa with PP. But it was in a Top Scorer market, so that'd make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                Well as somebody who has no attachment to either team I do agree that Sheridan did try and kick the ball. It should not have been a goal but Sheridan did try and kick it.
                                                And when he missed and landed on his arse he then threw the ball into the net.

And as I said its the running off celebrating the goal that confirms his intentions.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmanXoIqydk
                                                  Some block by the Louth defender to stop the initial goal. Is he not in the back of the net when he tried to kick the ball??

Also, notwithstanding that some twat apprently hit him, did people hear Sean Boylan on Newstalk this morning? He was nearly defending that it was a legitamate goal as he said that Sheridan was pushed over the line

Also was ranting about Louth wasting time prior to goal etc... very strange views i thought

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                    You being serious? They both cheated to gain their advantage, end of. It really is that black and white as well.
                                                    +1

Comment

And when he missed and landed on his arse he then threw the ball into the net.
                                                      No I'm talking about when he is on the ground, he tried to kick the ball when he was on the ground after it left his hands.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Pretty obvious the ref played extra expecting meath to get the point to bink a replay so he could earn himself some €€€ but it back fired pretty badly for him.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                          No I'm talking about when he is on the ground, he tried to kick the ball when he was on the ground after it left his hands.
                                                          The ball was so far over the line at that stage that if he did get a boot to it then it would have been almost at the back of the net, never mind the line. That was a window dressing attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                            Some block by the Louth defender to stop the initial goal. Is he not in the back of the net when he tried to kick the ball??

Also, notwithstanding that some twat apprently hit him, did people hear Sean Boylan on Newstalk this morning? He was nearly defending that it was a legitamate goal as he said that Sheridan was pushed over the line

Also was ranting about Louth wasting time prior to goal etc... very strange views i thought
                                                            yeah Paddy Keenan made an unreal block - I really feel sorry for him he is an outstanding player and a really nice chap. if anyone deserved to lift the cup yesterday it was him

Sean is very sick at the moment so I think what he was saying on the radio needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. He was very upset over being struck so id say he was trying to get back at Louth by picking up on petty points (which isnt like sean at all in fairness)

Its hard to know if there will be a replay or not I have heard from 2 very good sources and 1 says there will and the other says there wont. So its anybodys guess what will happen now
                                                            Last edited by Bubbleking; 12-07-10, 16:09.

Comment

The ball was so far over the line at that stage that if he did get a boot to it then it would have been almost at the back of the net, never mind the line. That was a window dressing attempt.
                                                              I don't think so, I don't think the player knows exactly where he is in a situation like that, he just kept playing. It should not have been given as a goal but I don't think the player was intentionally cheating as has been said here.

Comment

1/4 the odds paid out on villa/spain, forlan top gs but half the odds on van persie top arsenal gs, something doesnt add up.

Comment

There were facebook groups on the go within 30 minutes of the final whistle.

I watched the match yesterday and was sickened by the way Louth lost and the reaction of a certain element of the "fans".

Comment

bubbleking, you seem to be trying to dig your way out of a hole here. Keep going....

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                                      1/4 the odds paid out on villa/spain, forlan top gs but half the odds on van persie top arsenal gs, something doesnt add up.
                                                                      Did he not score the same amount as Bendtner? If so then it's right, although I haven't really been keeping track.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                        bubbleking, you seem to be trying to dig your way out of a hole here. Keep going....
                                                                        explain please?

how am I in a hole and how am I trying to dig myself out?

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                          Did he not score the same amount as Bendtner? If so then it's right, although I haven't really been keeping track.
                                                                          yes he did but why 1/2 the odds for that bet and 1/4 for the other 2?

Comment

yes he did but why 1/2 the odds for that bet and 1/4 for the other 2?
                                                                            because 4 players scored 5 goals in total. Muller/Villa/Snedjer/Forlan therefore there were 4 winning selections 1/4

Comment

It's half your stake in a dead heat, not half the odds.

So, can anyone explain why I always run so bad whenever I move up levels? 3.5 buyins below EV today. KK < JJ AIPF earlier, then this kick in the nutsack:

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO ($100)
                                                                              Button ($154.75)
                                                                              SB ($66.50)
                                                                              Hero (BB) ($131.30)
                                                                              UTG ($37.80)
                                                                              MP ($243.95)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, J
                                                                              4 folds, SB calls $0.50, Hero bets $3, SB calls $2

Flop: ($6) 6, 6, 7 (2 players)
                                                                              SB bets $4, Hero raises to $12, SB calls $8

Turn: ($30) J (2 players)
                                                                              SB checks, Hero bets $12, SB raises to $24, Hero raises to $102, SB calls $27.50 (All-In)

River: ($133) 5 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $133 | Rake: $3

Results:
                                                                              SB had 5, 5 (full house, fives over sixes).
                                                                              Hero had A, J (flush, Ace high).
                                                                              Outcome: SB won $130
                                                                              Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 12-07-10, 16:22.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I assume then you think ghana were cheated out of the WC?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                  Yeah i thought it was expensive alright. From the Centraal Station down to Rusland would be decent 20-25 min walk + if carrying suitcase/bags whatever. Can always get a tram from outside the station which is very handy, loads of them aroound. I usually stay in a hostel on Damrak (bout 5 mins walk) there or the only hotel i have stayed in is the A-Train Hotel http://www.atrainhotel.com/index.php up near the station. Its a converted railway building which was ok but wouldn't overly recommend it.

To be honest everwhere is fairly walkable wherever you stay and the trams are frequent and easy to use. Also loads of taxis
                                                                                  last time I went I got a fairly sweet deal with easytobook.com
                                                                                  going with the missus, may I suggest the Swiss Hotel or the Krasnapolsky

Both very central and both cheap enough, if you look around, lastminute.com etc

Got the swiss for €250 for 4 days in November (for the Sinterclaus parade, magical) and the Krasnapolsky for 3 days in Summer for much the same
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                    Vodafone. But they are abdicating responsibility and blaming eircom. "Its out of our hands really, we've reported the problem to eircom and they'll let us know when its fixed".
                                                                                    pm'd
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

What? That incident was spotted and punished within the rules. Henry and Meath cheated and didn't get caught.

Comment

Going for a 6 miler in 40 degree morning heat with four of them overhead pedestrian bridges thrown in was probably not a good idea.

Comment

What? That incident was spotted and punished within the rules. Henry and Meath cheated and didn't get caught.
                                                                                          The definition of cheating is to "decieve by trickery". That is what Henry did.

I dont see any cheating in being bundled over the line and swinging a boot at the ball in desperation

Comment

Uruguay were punished according to the rules in place. The ref didn't make a mistake. Suarez committed a foul and got punished.

Meath did not get punished due to refereeing incompetence.

I tend to be reluctant to throw around the cheat moniker though. I mean if someone tackles a player who has gone by them, knowing they won't get the ball, is it cheating? Or when someone grabs someone's shirt, is it cheating? Maybe it is, and we should use the term a lot more than we do, but these things tend to be classified as fouls.

Ultimately the Henry, Sheridan and Suarez incidents are not really any different. They all knowingly committed an indiscretion that they knew to be beyond the rules of the game. The difference is that some are caught, and others aren't.

Having said all that, I'm sure in the aftermath of the Henry incident I joined various retarded facebook groups and if I was a Louth fan Id probably have done so again.

Comment

Top goalscorer was 1/4 odds fair enough, should the double be 1/4 the odds also?.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                                Ultimately the Henry, Sheridan and Suarez incidents are not really any different. They all knowingly committed an indiscretion that they knew to be beyond the rules of the game. The difference is that some are caught, and others aren't.

.
                                                                                                The difference is that henry and Suarez knew what they were doing - joe was bundled over the line hardly a conscious decision?

Comment

The definition of cheating is to "decieve by trickery". That is what Henry did.

I dont see any cheating in being bundled over the line and swinging a boot at the ball in desperation
                                                                                                  Fair enough so, what exactly did you see then?

Comment

Fair enough so, what exactly did you see then?
                                                                                                    couldnt make it out at the match but judging from the tv replays it looks like joe grabbed a breaking ball and was pushed/fell/dived forward where a number of players ended up in a heap and joe ended up over the line where he tried to kick the ball.

I would admit it was cheating if he intentionally threw the ball into the net but he made some effort to kick it

Comment

The difference is that henry and Suarez knew what they were doing - joe was bundled over the line hardly a conscious decision?
                                                                                                      Ha I actually went off on a mini-rant and never addressed this. I don't follow GAA enough to offer a very informed opinion but his attempted 'kick' could be seen as him trying to deceive the officials.

Comment

Bump
                                                                                                        Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Top goalscorer was 1/4 odds fair enough, should the double be 1/4 the odds also?.
                                                                                                          Unfortunately Yes, this is fair and correct.
                                                                                                          Would be easier understood if you thought of it in terms of two seperate bets.

So if you had Horse A and Horse B both at 9/1 in a €1 double you hope for €100 back.
                                                                                                          Horse A dead heats and you have 50c x 9/1 = €5 going onto the second horse who wins so you get €50 back.
                                                                                                          So one element of the bet being halved in price has halved the whole bet.

Same thing applies to your bet because its still a double despite the 'special' price you were quoted.

Edit : It shows what rank bad value these double prices are by the way, some people will be getting less back than if they'd just done a single on Spain.
                                                                                                          Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-07-10, 17:15.

Comment

AJ check your PM's
                                                                                                            Think I've found the issue

Comment

Thats not even raoulmoatly funny...

Comment

Sorry i was under the impression that if you cheat you cheat - regardless of the punishment, my defintion is obv wrong.

Comment

on the way out to play a match

game looks like it will be replayed - very big gesture if it goes ahead

Comment

on the way out to play a match

game looks like it will be replayed - very big gesture if it goes ahead
                                                                                                                    lol gaa-aments. any excuse.

Comment

At least they didn't give you the stake back in tokens.

Comment

Watching the footage of that meath louth incident, I think the main question absolutely HAS to be asked of the ref. WTF was he doing running in and telling his umpire to put up the goal flag. Umpires didnt put up a flag, clearly they had info... but the ref refused to talk to them about it and just marked it as a goal.. There's something not right there, and it needs investigation.
                                                                                                                        Conspiracy theorists would be checking his local bookies.
                                                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                          Watching the footage of that meath louth incident, I think the main question absolutely HAS to be asked of the ref. WTF was he doing running in and telling his umpire to put up the goal flag. Umpires didnt put up a flag, clearly they had info... but the ref refused to talk to them about it and just marked it as a goal.. There's something not right there, and it needs investigation.
                                                                                                                          Conspiracy theorists would be he lives in meath supposely.
                                                                                                                          FYP

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X