This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
    He's the only player on the pitch who looks like he can make something happen
    After the last run to the corner he looks bolloxed. He really shouldve bagged a goal though.

You play in waterford with md this weekend???
    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Puyol made Robben look like Usain Bolt there
      Bolt is black ya thick cnut

Comment

Can't believe I stayed down in Waterford to watch this shyte.
        Now I have to decide whether to wait for the penos before driving home.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
          After the last run to the corner he looks bolloxed. He really shouldve bagged a goal though.

You play in waterford with md this weekend???
          No I was busy, I'll win tramore instead.

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
          Bolt is black ya thick cnut
          Damo me auld flower, your a figure of amusement to me.

Comment

Stupid question but I hope that 1st goalscorer bets still apply to ET?

Comment

Are paddy power doing the no score money back on this game. If so what type of bets.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                Are paddy power doing the no score money back on this game. If so what type of bets.
                First/last goalscorer, Wincast, Scorecast I think

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                Nope, 90 minutes only.

Fuck Villa anyway handed a chance on a plate and misses, cost me a decent 4 figure sum
                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

90 mins only

Comment

Cool Bet Kuyt to score first and Holland to win. But did em seperate.

Comment

No I was busy, I'll win tramore instead.

Damo me auld flower, your a figure of amusement to me.
                      Its amazing how i can always make people smile. It's what keeps me getting up every day.

Comment

Its been a story of 2 keepers so far .

Comment

Xavi is a class player and all but the thing that annoys me about him is his constant whining to the ref for the player that fouled him to be booked.

Webb should've booked him there for that. He takes so much time on the ball he is obviously going to be fouled.

Comment

The soccer is so lolbad I wrote up a Waterford POV review of the match today.

Overall I think its one we had a huge opportunity to win, but some poor decisions from the line ultimately cost us. Lawlor was obviously subbed cause h was likely to get a red card. I can understand the reasoning behind the change, put Prendergast in on Aisike and Nagle out in wing back, unfortunately with hindsight we saw the error of the decision. But meh, results based thinking there, it was an understandable decision, we could of course have risked the red, but hindsight is a great thing eh?

The triple substitution didnt need to happen when it did, cause Kelly had goaled. Just before the goal we may as well have thrown caution to the wind, but once the goal went in there was no need for a clear out. At least 2 of the lads should have been told to sit back down or keep warming up. The issue with this substitution was 2 fold - firstly we took off Foley and Moran, both were having very good games, Moran with 3 points. Secondly the raft of subs seemed to send a sort of panic signal to the team, suddenly despite being back to being 1 point down after the goal they lost any sense of shape and seemed to just want to go for more goals. We didnt score again for almost 10 minutes!

From an individual point of view

Hennessey - Did very well I thought, he couldnt be faulted for either of the goals, made a couple of nice stops from tricky half shots as well. Also he supported his full back line very well, swept up and made some important clearances. He looked very assured any time he had short ball played back to him.
                            Murphy - Played very well again. The guy continues to be Mr Reliable.
                            Lawlor - Done excellently. At last a possible solution to our full back woes. He stood up well to Aisaike and wasnt intimidated by him. He correctly gave away some fouls to stop possible/likely goals but got his booking then another warning and was probably one more foul away from a red. Just needs to learn a bit more cute whoor-ness
                            Connors - Again excellent. What a find this boy is.
                            Browne - Brilliant to see him score the goal at the end. A fine end to another good outing
                            Brick - Brilliant. He caught a load of ball, broke out with the ball countless times and showed good awareness to set uo Kelly for his goal.
                            D Prendergast - Didnt have the best of days, but not a bad one per se either. Will hopefully be out to improve next time out
                            Sullivan - Excellent first half, not so good in the second half, but not bad either
                            Foley - What a great season he's having. Was disappointed to see him been taken off. He could have made a big difference in the final part of the game
                            Moran - Was largely anonymous in the first half, but very good in the second. Again I feel he could have had a big impact on the end of the game if left on.
                            Molumphy - A good game, yet again he impressed me with the amount of times he came out with the ball from a scrum type situation.
                            Kelly - His best overall game for Waterford in some time I felt. He done a huge amount of work overall and defended tigerishly when needed
                            Mullane - Up and down, scored 4 lovely points and kept Waterford in it at key times, but will be disappointed with some of his first touch. Looked a constant threat though
                            Walsh - Wasnt fantastic, but didnt get a whole load of opportunities
                            E McGrath - Wont be overly happy with his performance, I still think he is better as an impact sub. His pace can really trouble teams late on if introduced when legs are tiring

Subs
                            S Prendergast - Had a decent amount of time on the field, but was largely ineffective
                            Nagle - Wasnt brilliant and badly caught for the 2nd goal, improved later though
                            Dan, Ken, M Shan - Didnt have a lot of time on the pitch, but Maurice impressed most from the 3 of these

Comment

Game of the gods Kev. Can't wait to get back into it after being out for over a year and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                yeah, fully agree with this, although hope we've all saved her, because as you've said 'she is exceedingly pretty'!
                                Added
                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by J10spades View Post
                                  Game of the gods Kev. Can't wait to get back into it after being out for over a year and a half.
                                  Hurling is so >>>>>>>> soccer it isnt even funny.

I could understand the first half didnt look much on the TV, but the intensity and commitment on show was amazing throughout it. The atmosphere from throw in was crackling. The second half was outstanding, BCB is well wrong saying these are 2 bad teams, okay they might not beat KK, but KK currently are just a class apart of everyone. Since 2002 Waterford and Cork have met 10 times in the championship. 4 wins each and 2 draws, in terms of overall points in the 10 games Cork are just 4 points ahead. What a rivalry.

Comment

Iniesta is a bollox for waving around for the card there...

Comment

thankfully bookie bets are top scorer not golden boot as muller gets golden boot afaik for more assists

have bet on spain from start :stresssmiley:
                                      spain on peno's would be perfect

about fucking time a dutch lad got sent off

Comment

What a load of bollox

Comment

Watching the Netherlands always reminds me of
                                          [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0O-2oAvNTo&feature=related[/ame]
                                          Can't remember the show, just the theme tune
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

urrrgh for Torres. Never nice to see. Although I bet some gobshites will be delighted.

Comment

Best player in the world scores to win the World Cup for the best team in the world, justice done, those Dutch foulers didnt deserve to win after their first half display.

Torres is more injury prone than Darren Anderton.
                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Spain are the champions.

But more important Paul the octopus has a 100% record

Comment

After having sat through that utter rubbish I was hoping to at least get the drama of a penalty shootout. Torres getting injured just crowned what was an awful WC final!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    urrrgh for Torres. Never nice to see. Although I bet some gobshites will be delighted.
                                                    If I was running Liverpool id whip the 70 million or whatever was being offered for him out of their hands

his style of play; playing on the edge, always injecting pace, I fear his legs/hamstrings are if not gone, they are defo in serious trouble

Comment

thats a disappointing result.

So txted the stripper drunkingly, and she txted me back there a while ago. now she is pretty decent looking but obviously there is a chance im riddled as eye is still swollen as it might not be a mosquito bite. gamble gamble and take the chance?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                        Spain are the champions.

But more important Paul the octopus has a 100% record this year
                                                        FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                          16 hours play to bubble the Irish Series Of Poker, oh im loving life at the moment.
                                                          ul mate, Anyone we know left?

Comment

That game was shite - but somewhat fitting as an end to WC 2010, I really found it disappointing, particularly considering how excited I was about it before the tournament began.

I'm no fan of Dunphy but I think he was right in saying that some aspects of the match really highlight the worst of the game at the moment; the indiscipline and the constant badgering of the ref to award frees and cards, there should be zero tolerance for this behaviour, just enforce (by way of yellow / red cards) the way refereeing decisions are accepted in rugby, how hard can it be?!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

So txted the stripper drunkingly, and she txted me back there a while ago. now she is pretty decent looking but obviously there is a chance im riddled as eye is still swollen as it might not be a mosquito bite. gamble gamble and take the chance?
                                                              Paul the Octopus says 'YA Go for it'

Comment

Kudos to New Zealand the only unbeaten team at the World Cup.

*bastards cost me a fortune
                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

8 eps into Friday Night Lights, very very good. The wimmins are ridiculously hot

Comment

Crap game, crap celebration, crap ref, crap vuvuzellas, crap stage, crap Sepp Blatter, crap beach ball. Crap world cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post

Texting?, "thats nowhere".

Comment

Did Villa finish top scorer? Has my big €5 punt on spain/villa at the start paid off

Comment

FFS First bet of the WC that comes in for me is void. Iniesta as first goalscorer at 14/1 sweet/gg/wp but void as its in extra time. UUUURGGHHH

At least I get money back with PP

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                            Did Villa finish top scorer? Has my big €5 punt on spain/villa at the start paid off
                                                                            If you bet on top scorer you will get paid 1/4 of your stake at the price. If you backed for Golden Boot you lose, Muller won that.
                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Forlan won the Golden Ball, delighted for him. I though it should have been either him or Villa.

Comment

Very poor world cup all round, glad it's over, but not impressed with Torres late injury, although if it keeps the likes of Chelsea away it is some consolation. Hopefully he will stay and not be haunted by injury.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                  If you bet on top scorer you will get paid 1/4 of your stake at the price. If you backed for Golden Boot you lose, Muller won that.
                                                                                  Winner/Top Goalscorer paid at 1/4 cos of 4 way tie. Balls anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                    thankfully bookie bets are top scorer not golden boot as muller gets golden boot afaik for more assists
                                                                                    Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                    Dead heat rule 4 is a fucking bollix tbf
                                                                                    id have made more if was your stake at 1/4 the odds

1/4 odds ew, all 4 ended on same amount so I made more money from him making the ew money
                                                                                    than finishing top

Was on Villa at 8/1 btw

*ya ya ya I know its the way it is to make it easier to work out in the shops pre-computers
                                                                                    but its still bollix
                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 11-07-10, 21:48. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                      didn't someone have a bet the torres won't be at liverpool come start of season v someone else here, if his injury is bad - someone here will be very happy and the other sad

Comment

FFS First bet of the WC that comes in for me is void. Iniesta as first goalscorer at 14/1 sweet/gg/wp but void as its in extra time. UUUURGGHHH

At least I get money back with PP
                                                                                        Be thankful you didn't do him anytime goalscorer where you dont get money back. Clearly they should rename the bet anytime(except extra time)

Comment

Eamonn Dunphy- played for Millwall and did a pizza comercial!

Apres match is brilliant!

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                            Eamonn Dunphy- played for Millwall and did a pizza comercial!

Apres match is brilliant!
                                                                                            Dennis Irwin,

"I know my head's too big for my body but i still should have got more panel time"

That was fantastic!

Comment

I'm getting to the stage where I'd pack in watching football if I didn't support Liverpool. I used to try and watch all premiership games on tv, try and catch the premiership and match of the day, La liga, Champions league, UEFA cup ec but now I pretty much only watch Liverpool games, the "big matches" or CL 1/4s or so. It [ains me to say it but I'm delighted the WC is over so I don't have to watch any more crap games. Bring on the nfl season.

Comment

Brag: ended up in profit after a miserable WC from a betting perspective

Beat: had Villa scored first tonight I'd have added a few grand to my profit line

Variance: Had the werewithal to stick a few quid (small enough) on a Spain/Holland & Mueller double this afternoon when I saw it was 14/1 & 16/1 respectively
                                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                  I'm getting to the stage where I'd pack in watching football if I didn't support Liverpool. I used to try and watch all premiership games on tv, try and catch the premiership and match of the day, La liga, Champions league, UEFA cup ec but now I pretty much only watch Liverpool games, the "big matches" or CL 1/4s or so. It [ains me to say it but I'm delighted the WC is over so I don't have to watch any more crap games. Bring on the nfl season.
                                                                                                  100% this. I was checking this morning when the regular season starts. Sept 9th NFL is back

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                    8 eps into Friday Night Lights, very very good. The wimmins are ridiculously hot
                                                                                                    True and True
                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Lol. Have seen myself twice in the stands during the Louth match highlights on the Sunday Game there.

I knew wearing blue would pay off

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                                        Lol. Have seen myself twice in the stands during the Louth match highlights on the Sunday Game there.

I knew wearing blue would pay off
                                                                                                        were you foaming at the mouth, spitting blood and chewing on a babies arm?

nice top

Comment

Justice.
                                                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Just saw the Sunday Game there - disgraceful scenes to say the least! Never seen the like before.

Comment

Saw a beat up old hippie style van earlier, white with a blue stripe.
                                                                                                              It had a picture of Bob Marley on the side smoking a splif and a picture of Jesus on the back giving the finger, and the sound of 'Out of Space' coming from it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qriH-8yeqcE[/ame]

Oh - and it had 'Down with this sort of thing!' painted on the side.

It was like some sort of beautiful dream.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Jasas rigger, thought you'd prefer the original!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uijFctBM47M[/ame]

Comment

Actually, it may have been the original. Can't say for sure.
                                                                                                                  Would make more sense.
                                                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

So how did the sheepmaster finish up with his imaginary bets???

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                      Actually, it may have been the original. Can't say for sure.
                                                                                                                      Would make more sense.

na id say you were right, your average Irish " Picture of Bob Marley with a spliff" reggae fan would not know who Max Romeo is

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                        Just back from the match - just wow. First of all I didnt see any attacks on the referee or stewards but I was going crazy at the time so Im not surprised I missed it.

Pure rollercoaster of emotion - It was hard to make out the scramble in the goal mouth at the end because we were so far away. We were desperate for someone to put the ball over the bar. Then its in the net and the hill erupts.

Next thing the referee is going in to talk to the umpire and the hill goes so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

The time between the Ref going in to talk to the umpire and the awarding of the goal seemed like the longest 10 seconds of my life. Iv really found a new meaning to the term - the sweetest desperation in the world

AT the end of the day we robbed Louth - Im disgusted some of their supporters did that. But louth are known for it in fairness
                                                                                                                        This whole post is beyond contempt

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                                                          So how did the sheepmaster finish up with his imaginary bets???
                                                                                                                          he is more a sheepmistress at the moment

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X