This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    Avalon House on Georges / Amies Street (?, well whatever that street is that Georges street turns into) is the place to go imo. Nice place and next to the Jackpot and Coppers Likely to be full this time of the year though.
    Aungier St that is between georges st and wexford st, always packed whenever i go by it! either really really cheap or really really good eith way win win! plus €30 freeze out in the Jackpot starting at 7pm 10k stack 20 min blinds!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
        I didn't get much of a response when I asked during the week so thought I'd try again - anyone got the skinny on what's worth doing / avoiding while in Berlin? Leaving for four days and nights on Thursday
        I was there for 2 days a few weeks ago, didn't get to do much in 2 days but saw enough to know it's a really cool city.

You should definitely hire a bike and cycle round the city (if possible do a cycling tour with a guide). All the sights are pretty spread out and there's loads of squares dotted round the city which act as focal points. The city's nice and flat so the cycling is dead handy and the German roads couldn't be more cycle-friendly. Definitely get in a guided tour at some stage because the amount of history in the city is ridic and cycling round without a guide you really miss out on a lot.

In terms of nightlife, I was in a few decent bars on Oranienburgerstrasse and the swanky expensive bars are up near Potsdamerplatz. A few friends of friends live over there so they were able to get a few of us into clubs on the second night but a lot of the clubs don't like letting in non-German speakers or non-regulars, as we found out on the first night when we had to abandon our club plans and head to bars instead. Find out which clubs are tourist-friendly before heading out (Tresur was a good spot for tourists to go supposedly, although I didn't go myself so don't blame me if it's shite).

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          Louth were robbed. Ref was shocking at the end.

Edit: Some Louth fans acting like scumbags though.
          dont condone what the fans did in the slightest

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
          The Ref??? How could the umpires miss that in fairness??
          you have two umpires there. neither flagged the goal. yet you go talk to only 1 umpire for 5 seconds and give the goal!???

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          They hadn't raised the green flag until the ref went up and told them to award the goal. They should have been stronger obviously, but the ref just told them to award it it seems.
          thats how i saw it too

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
          Just back from the match - just wow. First of all I didnt see any attacks on the referee or stewards but I was going crazy at the time so Im not surprised I missed it.

Pure rollercoaster of emotion - It was hard to make out the scramble in the goal mouth at the end because we were so far away. We were desperate for someone to put the ball over the bar. Then its in the net and the hill erupts.

Next thing the referee is going in to talk to the umpire and the hill goes so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

The time between the Ref going in to talk to the umpire and the awarding of the goal seemed like the longest 10 seconds of my life. Iv really found a new meaning to the term - the sweetest desperation in the world

AT the end of the day we robbed Louth - Im disgusted some of their supporters did that. But louth are known for it in fairness
          To say louth are known for that is such a ignorant comment which i take alot of offence to. Unfort due to a few mindless thugs today i dont have much legs to stand on, but still think your out of order saying that.

So proud of how louth played today. Alot of very good club mates and friends on the team. They played their hearts out and didnt get over awed by the occasion. Shame not to put the game out of site with the many missed chances. The players and everyone involved have alot to be proud of.

Think the referee was very much in the wrong. Took a rash decision and in his haste to look authoritative he makes this decision without atleast taking the opinion of his two umpires who obviously were in a better position than he was.

Finally, what the supporters did to the ref was 100% out of order. Itll take the focus off what was and should be the only talking point of the game. Under no circumstances should it ever be acceptable to act like that no matter how hard done by a team is. In fairness to peter fitspatrick he tried to chase away the neanderthals also.

Gutted is the only word that springs to mind, wish i had been there - and feel rightfully proud of the guys on the pitch.
          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            a v boring game of hurling.
            You got a decent sweat for a while
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Eoin Kelly steps up, you just can't beat munster final day.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

To say louth are known for that is such a ignorant comment which i take alot of offence to. Unfort due to a few mindless thugs today i dont have much legs to stand on, but still think your out of order saying that.

So proud of how louth played today. Alot of very good club mates and friends on the team. They played their hearts out and didnt get over awed by the occasion. Shame not to put the game out of site with the many missed chances. The players and everyone involved have alot to be proud of.

Think the referee was very much in the wrong. Took a rash decision and in his haste to look authoritative he makes this decision without atleast taking the opinion of his two umpires who obviously were in a better position than he was.

Finally, what the supporters did to the ref was 100% out of order. Itll take the focus off what was and should be the only talking point of the game. Under no circumstances should it ever be acceptable to act like that no matter how hard done by a team is. In fairness to peter fitspatrick he tried to chase away the neanderthals also.

Gutted is the only word that springs to mind, wish i had been there - and feel rightfully proud of the guys on the pitch.
                Donal I know your heavily involved in Louth GAA so I apologise if I was offensive - that comment of mine was out of order and I realise that its only a small minority of louth supporters that behave this way. In my experience (Navan 2002 and the O byrne cup final this year there was similar scenes of attacking players)

However I was wrong to tar all Louth people with the same brush - I know players involved in the set up too and they are 100% sound

sorry for the comments

Comment

[QUOTE=Semibluff;113957]dont condone what the fans did in the slightest

you have two umpires there. neither flagged the goal. yet you go talk to only 1 umpire for 5 seconds and give the goal!???

After watching the whole thing again,i think its fair to say the ref (and umpires) performed appalingly there. total injustice

Comment

I was at the game so it was sometimes hard to see but my counter to saying Louth were robbed is Louth got At least 4 really soft frees in the 2nd half right in front of goals - again Im not saying this is right im just making the point that decisions tend to even themselves out

Comment

Donal I know your heavily involved in Louth GAA so I apologise if I was offensive - that comment of mine was out of order and I realise that its only a small minority of louth supporters that behave this way. In my experience (Navan 2002 and the O byrne cup final this year there was similar scenes of attacking players)

However I was wrong to tar all Louth people with the same brush - I know players involved in the set up too and they are 100% sound

sorry for the comments
                      no probs at all

im just on my period after that result anyways!
                      GAA News Website

Comment

im still getting it.
                        Yikes

WP Waterford.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Another day out for Kev.

Comment

Tony Browne is some hero

Comment

GAA >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> soccer

Comment

another epic finish to a match...
                                "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Methinks the lady doth protest too much

Comment

lol

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA[/ame]

i really want 8 trendmills and 3 friends

Comment

he is around so long. I remember Waterford playing Offaly in an U21 final many moons ago and Tony Browne and Brian Whelahan were the stars of the show.

have to say that was an awful game, both teams are pretty useless. I hope I am busy the day of the replay as I dont want to have to watch through another game like that. Based on what we have seen so far there is nothing to worry Kilkenny out there. Maybe Offaly can sneak into an All Ireland final via the back door
                                        Wexford FTW

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                          Wexford FTW
                                          maybe next year lol

Comment

Combine this

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                            Think we should have a bbv weekend away to all go on the piss with HH..
                                            with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA

i really want 8 trendmills and 3 friends
                                            And what could possibly go wrong
                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

got this from the Hoganstand website. I know hes wearing no. 13 but its a louth supporter and not a player. Ran straight up to mark ward after the game and punched him - WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                maybe next year lol
                                                remember 96! or what ever year we won it! F it if the english/german's/itailans etc can bring up past glorys to reson why they dont need to win surly wexford can as well!

Comment

he is around so long. I remember Waterford playing Offaly in an U21 final many moons ago and Tony Browne and Brian Whelahan were the stars of the show.

have to say that was an awful game, both teams are pretty useless. I hope I am busy the day of the replay as I dont want to have to watch through another game like that. Based on what we have seen so far there is nothing to worry Kilkenny out there. Maybe Offaly can sneak into an All Ireland final via the back door
                                                  My uncle Derek was good mate's with Brian back in the day and gave him one of the sticks he used winning the All Ireland final as a memento, 99 iirc? Even better again was his younger brother Alan, misplaced his own hurley and was late for a match one day so grabbed Brian Whelehan's stick and split it straight up the middle.

This is the story of how my uncle Alan went on to became a Hurley mender .

Comment

got this from the Hoganstand website. I know hes wearing no. 13 but its a louth supporter and not a player. Ran straight up to mark ward after the game and punched him - WTF?

IMO short arse there really picked the wrong guy to hit a smack.

Comment

GAA is a joke of an organisation. The Gardai and stewards at the Louth match are equally incompetent(sp). Great to see the ref doing his best to rig the Cork match as well.
                                                      Last edited by Teddie; 11-07-10, 17:00.

Comment

remember 96! or what ever year we won it! F it if the english/german's/itailans etc can bring up past glorys to reson why they dont need to win surly wexford can as well!
                                                        Wexford are out of this years hurling championship philip

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                          GAA is a joke of an organisation. The Gardai and stewards at the Louth match are equally incomptent(sp). Great to see the ref doing his best to rig the Cork match as well.
                                                          i think 1 steward tried to help and is now hospitalised - sickening tbh

Comment

I don't understand why the GAA lunatics are getting so worked up about the match-winning score in the Meath game. Looked a clear try to me, definite downward pressure.

Well done Meath.

Comment

i think 1 steward tried to help and is now hospitalised - sickening tbh
                                                              That must have been the guy panned out in the tunnel.

Comment

Look forward to O'Shea or some other muppet of his ilk going on about soccer hooligans showing up at the home of the GAA

Comment

I went to see Predators, I thought it was terrible. The first half an hour was pretty good, I reckon a 6 or 7 out of ten, depending on how generous you were feeling,
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  beat: I wanted to bet with my friend the mexican would be the first to die but he hmmmed and hawwed and we never made the bet

The second half and hour was mediocre, a 4 out of ten at best, but the last third was a trainwreck. 1/10. I got the impression the editing was really bad, I kept gettin the feeling they had missed some of the plot. Mind you that might not be a bad thing, as the plot is so retarded, the less you get to see of its nonsense the better. It was one of those films that relys so heavily on chliches of the genre that they don't even bother fleshing them out, they assume you know the chilche and don't have to bother with the actual fleshing out of the narrative. There are one or two ridiculous plot twists that are so f*cking stupid they actually increase your enjoyment, but unfortunately they are pretty rare.
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  For instance when the doctor decides to turn evil, when the both of them are trapped in a pit about to be killed by a predator. Why do it then? It decreased his chance of survival. It served no purpose whatsoever except for saying "ha ha fooled you stupid audience"

I don't mind suspending my disbelief for a film, but asking you to suspend your logic making facility for 90 minutes is a bit much. There are so many plot holes some of the holes have holes in them. And not in a good way. I know a lot of people don't care about the plot in action films, but even the action scenes are rubbish. Two predators fighting (don't ask) appeared just like you would imagine two drunken rednecks fighting, rolling over each other and seemingly only remembering they had high tech weaponry after a couple of minutes.

Edit: Where did they get all the bloody ammo from!
                                                                  Last edited by Hectorjelly; 11-07-10, 17:11.

Comment

Not long til Counties have their own firms and a large chunk of the crowd look like this

Also, GAA is a joke of an organization. The sport is good to watch but it is terribly run.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      Not long til Counties have their own firms and a large chunk of the crowd look like this

Also, GAA is a joke of an organization. The sport is good to watch but it is terribly run.
                                                                      They look just like the thugs from kindelstown celtic.....

Comment

Wexford are out of this years hurling championship philip
                                                                        to quote your tag line "Quitters never win, Winners never quit." forget the backdoor rule were from wexford we will break in the window!
                                                                        Last edited by pgodkin; 11-07-10, 17:15.

Comment

They look just like the thugs from kindelstown celtic.....
                                                                          lol

Funny cause it's true. Good team though few years back.

Comment

to quote your tag line "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."
                                                                            its time for matty to step up for ye in the football an lead ye all to salvation cos i truly am fcuked up listening about winning the 96 all ireland.
                                                                            But just for old times sake this is for you

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KIUTKyrNng[/ame]

Comment

tbh after today I would be in favor or reintoducing fencing to croke park and other grounds around the country. Safety of players and officials is paramount at the end of the day

Comment

tbh after today I would be in favor or reintoducing fencing to croke park and other grounds around the country. Safety of players and officials is paramount at the end of the day
                                                                                Was always jumped anyway wasn't it?

Comment

its time for matty to step up for ye in the football an lead ye all to salvation cos i truly am fcuked up listening about winning the 96 all ireland.
                                                                                  But just for old times sake this is for you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KIUTKyrNng
                                                                                  i'm goin use the same line when i dog someone on line to responed to that great vid

"i know you can't see me, but im fist pumping and dancing around the place now!"

Comment

lol

Funny cause it's true. Good team though few years back.
                                                                                    We played em one time around halloween in there home pitch. it was like beiruit with all the black cat bangers being fcuked at us on the pitch. They had also set fire to a bit of scrub so they could signal the mob.
                                                                                    they had about a hundred loyal fans on there side line. i got the ball on the wing and was free and was kicked 3 times by 3 different fans and the referee laughed and said play on.
                                                                                    they beat us 2.1 but also took our souls and one of the guys brand new alloys too

oh the happy memories of playing the wicklow League

Comment

Was always jumped anyway wasn't it?
                                                                                      yeah but it would give people involved time to get to safety

Comment

...
                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-07-10, 17:29.
                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

We played em one time around halloween in there home pitch. it was like beiruit with all the black cat bangers being fcuked at us on the pitch. They had also set fire to a bit of scrub so they could signal the mob.
                                                                                          they had about a hundred loyal fans on there side line. i got the ball on the wing and was free and was kicked 3 times by 3 different fans and the referee laughed and said play on.
                                                                                          they beat us 2.1 but also took our souls and one of the guys brand new alloys too

oh the happy memories of playing the wicklow League
                                                                                          That is because you are culchies though. They did have some good players. Absolute kip of a place. Funny how Greystones thinks it's posh and upper market yet half it is full of scum.

Kilcoole is where it's at.

Comment

At what point was it decided that the fencing wasnt required at these matches. Was it not made into a regulation that all championship matches be behind a fenced enclosure.

Comment

yeah but it would give people involved time to get to safety
                                                                                              True, but not a proper solution. Just tell people to STFU and keep them off the pitch, get with the times GAA.

Comment

That is because you are culchies though. They did have some good players. Absolute kip of a place. Funny how Greystones thinks it's posh and upper market yet half it is full of scum.

Kilcoole is where it's at.
                                                                                                Culchies or not we werent long about being brought up to code

All those north eastern wicklow towns have serious mental issues anyway

Comment

showed this on the west ham forum and someone saying it is a player, louths Colm Judge?

i dont follow the sport so wouldnt have a clue

Comment

Culchies or not we werent long about being brought up to code

All those north eastern wicklow towns have serious mental issues anyway
                                                                                                    I think everyone in Wicklow has mental issues

Who did you play for? What Division?

Comment

True, but not a proper solution. Just tell people to STFU and keep them off the pitch, get with the times GAA.
                                                                                                      I agree that GAA are behind the times but it is very hard for stewards to hold back 25k + fans charging at the one time. both county boards should be fined and court appearences for people who assaulted officials

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                                                                                                        showed this on the west ham forum and someone saying it is a player, louths Colm Judge?

i dont follow the sport so wouldnt have a clue
                                                                                                        hes wearing the same number but i dont think its him - I could be wrong. I hope its not him

Comment

I agree that GAA are behind the times but it is very hard for stewards to hold back 25k + fans charging at the one time. both county boards should be fined and court appearences for people who assaulted officials
                                                                                                          It is done in other sporting events effectively. Ban it and do things properly, they have plenty of money. If they really cared they could do it. See what is said about this soon enough anyway.

Comment

ugh anyone playin the SE game?

Comment

I think everyone in Wicklow has mental issues

Who did you play for? What Division?
                                                                                                              Carnew AFC of course . the highest we got was division 1. We had about 4-5 soccer players and the rest of us were gary nevilles

Comment

Wow. What a second half, I've said it before but under Davy fitz this Waterford team know how to hang on and grind. Tony fucking browne, what a hero. 37 years old and able to come up with something like that after 73 mins of play.

Comment

lol, looking at the RTE replayer. It seems the fan wearing the 13 jersey is actually the guy who tries to block Colum Judge from attacking the ref as well.

Last edited by Teddie; 11-07-10, 17:37.

Comment

that no.13 is deffo an imposter. Check out this video

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYzCJ4QKMV4[/ame]

Comment

Edit : Snip - whyno posted link already.

Big lol at the ref calmly booking the Louth no 6 at 0:40 as half a stadium of people are baying for his blood - and the more threatening ones are approaching fast! Wtf are you thinking man? Get off the fucking pitch!

Benefits of youtube?...the comments obv

jayo1066
                                                                                                                      25 minutes ago
                                                                                                                      a teacher from louth ruined my leaving cert when he handed out the wrong english paper a year ago,today justice was done as louth were robbed in the same way as i was of my leaving and louth just showed themselves to be a pack of culchie travellers

MrTheleprechaun
                                                                                                                      14 minutes ago
                                                                                                                      @jayo1066 your a retard...your blaming a louth teacher for your old man and so called mother doing a bad job raising you, you retard...go back to school and stop smoking heroine you retard....
                                                                                                                      Last edited by BobSloane; 11-07-10, 17:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                        Ah feck, just got a call from the landlord about 'noise last night'. He's such a sound guy that feel bad for letting him down. He's a London lad and himself and his czech wife are both croupiers. So convined his wife (aka the landlady) is into me as she keeps on sending me suggestive texts

EDIT: she just sent me a text saying 'there's a first time for everything =D'. This was in response to a fairly innocous text message.
                                                                                                                        I think they may be lining you up for a different kind of threesum.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist View Post
                                                                                                                          Does anyone else think those facebook photos & name should be taken down? Maybe I'm just getting old.
                                                                                                                          Ok, now the GAA is over, does no-one else have a problem with this? Really??

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X