This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    If there was goal-line technology as in replay video then a rule could be there about stopping a certain goal by illegal means. A rule that states in the event that the ball would have crossed the line without illegal intervention a goal shall be awarded.

So they can look back at it and give the goal.
    Fair enough - I guess we/I was misintepreting what you meant by 'goal-line technology'.
    Last Saturday (LampardGate) on various forums 'goal-line technology' meant having an electronic chip in the ball or something which beeped when the ball went over the line, or a Hawkeye setup at the goalposts, or men in white coats standing beside the goal.

To be honest thinking about it, you are talking about video reffing and referrals - its a different kettle of fish to what is generally meant by goal-line technology.

Comment

Ship the deepstack on Boyles.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        haha. Played this tournament for a second time and shipped it again.

I heart PLH
        Nice one man, got horribly dogged twice on your table, by I think Anuch and some other random guy. Wp!

Comment

If there was goal-line technology as in replay video then a rule could be there about stopping a certain goal by illegal means. A rule that states in the event that the ball would have crossed the line without illegal intervention a goal shall be awarded.

So they can look back at it and give the goal.
          They have rules in place for when someone does that though, it's called penalty and a red card. It isn't Suarez fault the Ghana player missed it. Huge respect for him to absolutely bury the first penalty in the shoot out btw, that took unreal bottle.

Anyway where does it stop with that, what if you stop a goalbound shot but it's possible someone else if they stretched like Dhalsim could have cleared it off the line behind you? It isn't feasabile, you get a massive chance at a goal and the opposition team is down a man, that's plenty of punishment (in this case it wasn't too relevant that a red card was produced but it usually would be). Every player in world football would have done what Suarez did including all 23 members of the Ghana squad, sucks that they missed but that's football. Lead to an absolutely epic finish though, game of the tournament so far I'd say. Excellent last penalty, but is it not results based thinking to praise that one and yet damn the French guys penalty in the English play offs this season...?
          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

It is cheating Danny, no matter what way you look at it. If I was in the situation I would have done the same thing but it is still cheating.

The problem is the rules though, when that happens it should be a goal. Again it comes back to goal-line technology. If it was available you could have the rule to award a goal.
            If you think thats cheating then isn't hacking down an attacker when you're the last man cheating too? Same punishment is handed out(generally) for both.

Btw my point is you can't logically consider it cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
              LOL at the outrage. Suarez's decision is absolutely superb. Really good stuff. Smart as you can.

He's single-handedly (excuse the pun) from elimination. Anyone who doesn't do that is clueless, very similar to Neil Back in the Heineken Cup back in the day.
              Preach it. Please do more of this like you can and stop your trolling. Presuming your wild crap is trolling

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                So tilted reading the soccer forum right now. Why do I inflict this pain on myself.
                Right!

TBF cooker you come out with some shit too. So do most BBV people. So do I.

lol soccer. Fucking love it though.

Comment

haha. Played this tournament for a second time and shipped it again.

I heart PLH
                  Throw the kev down the well. So IPB can understand PLH. And when we do, we have a big party.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb3IMTJjzfo[/ame]

Comment

I thought Suarez's post match antics were shocking though. Up on shoulders, being paraded around the pitch like a hero. Horrible to watch.

Everyone would of done the same as Suarez on the goal line. No question.

But after avoiding certain elimination in such a way, show some respect and celebrate in private ffs.

Thats the last thing a stadium full of Ghanian's need to see.
                    eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post
                      I thought Suarez's post match antics were shocking though. Up on shoulders, being paraded around the pitch like a hero. Horrible to watch.

But after avoiding certain elimination in such a way, show some respect and celebrate in private ffs.

FFS it is like how people today salute him but slated Henry. FUCK UP!

He did what he had too and I gurante at time it was instinct not doing what he had too. Think of the emotion that lad went through in 15 mins. Shut up ffs. I do not blames him one bit, likeI dont blame Henry *

* Still like abusing the French.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                        FFS it is like how people today salute him but slated Henry. FUCK UP!

He did what he had too and I gurante at time it was instinct not doing what he had too. Think of the emotion that lad went through in 15 mins. Shut up ffs. I do not blames him one bit, likeI dont blame Henry *

* Still like abusing the French.
                        So many mistakes in that but basically how can you not be delighted as Suarez when you thought you fucked your country over. ffs like. Im not from Cork like.

Comment

Yossi Benayoun at the Bridge. Delighted. Squad player upgrade from J.Cole. I cannot wait for pool to fall apart and Chelsea walk with the league this year, I also won't bring up by bookmarks from Lloyd. I will be classy unlike Lloyd.

15 days till Pre Season at Palace. Blue is the future of the PL, Clifford in 2 years for WC(qualifying) is future of Ireland and Chelsea. I cannot wait. United will fall away too. Didn't think I would be this age for it. Hurry up EPL 10/11.

Chelsea Chelsea

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAhfZUZiwSE&playnext_from=TL&videos=S5kvVW 25yxs[/ame]
                            eoghanlyons.com

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MkUX_zKkGI&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

I posted to much.

Postcount +++

Comment

It is nearly here

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCXUXzenLSw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JmH0AZG0IU[/ame]

SKY ftw tbh

Comment

can anyone help me with a virus i cant get rid of on my computer. it has installed itself on the bottom right with icons. names itself "sysinternals antivirus". It tells me i have viruses, yet its just one of them trojans looking t get you to buy their software etc.

Ive used avg/windows defender/adware and none have picked anything up. Spybot has told me there is a Fraud.detection malware. When they finish their scan, it says to click to remove problem as per normal - i click it yet the problem still exists.

Someone suggested resetting factory settings on my lappy - sony viao using vista . . .

Can someone please advice me on this - its doing my head in aswell as obviously affecting safety of computer

(it shuts my comp off some times whilst i run virus scans, wont let me click on links on google search results, instead brings me to a random search engine/spam result)

ideas pleaseeeeeeeeee
                                    GAA News Website

Comment

If only Rob Green was as good as Suarez.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                        If only Rob Green was as good as Suarez.

Look at the keeper! Ugh can't blame Suarez, zero to hero. It is why I love football, anything can happen. No technology please.

Comment

Originally posted by UraiseIfold View Post

The amount of people saying everyone would do the same is starting to tilt me.
                                          Not everyone would, I've seen many times where the last defender attempts to block the ball with their body or get their head to it, even in vain.

The guy is not a hero either, he did what he had to do and it's a pity it worked out, but to see him get lauded for it is a bit stomach churning.

Yossi Benayoun at the Bridge. Delighted. Squad player upgrade from J.Cole. I cannot wait for pool to fall apart and Chelsea walk with the league this year, I also won't bring up by bookmarks from Lloyd. I will be classy unlike Lloyd.

15 days till Pre Season at Palace. Blue is the future of the PL, Clifford in 2 years for WC(qualifying) is future of Ireland and Chelsea. I cannot wait. United will fall away too. Didn't think I would be this age for it. Hurry up EPL 10/11.

Chelsea Chelsea
                                          Liverpool will wipe the floor with you.
                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                            can anyone help me with a virus i cant get rid of on my computer. it has installed itself on the bottom right with icons. names itself "sysinternals antivirus". It tells me i have viruses, yet its just one of them trojans looking t get you to buy their software etc.

Ive used avg/windows defender/adware and none have picked anything up. Spybot has told me there is a Fraud.detection malware. When they finish their scan, it says to click to remove problem as per normal - i click it yet the problem still exists.

Someone suggested resetting factory settings on my lappy - sony viao using vista . . .

Can someone please advice me on this - its doing my head in aswell as obviously affecting safety of computer

(it shuts my comp off some times whilst i run virus scans, wont let me click on links on google search results, instead brings me to a random search engine/spam result)

ideas pleaseeeeeeeeee
                                            Anytime I've had a problem malwarebytes sorted it for me http://www.malwarebytes.org/

you may need to download it to a usb stick on another computer, if your not able to download it on your laptop.

Edit: Looks like you may have to use something called rkill.com, before trying to run malwarebytes http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/viru...nals-antivirus
                                            Last edited by ComradeCollie; 03-07-10, 09:52.
                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                              The amount of people saying everyone would do the same is starting to tilt me.
                                              Not everyone would, I've seen many times where the last defender attempts to block the ball with their body or get their head to it, even in vain.

The guy is not a hero either, he did what he had to do and it's a pity it worked out, but to see him get lauded for it is a bit stomach churning.
                                              Last seconds of the game, he had no choice. He's a hero to all the uruguayans anyway as what he did kept them in the WC

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                Last seconds of the game, he had no choice. He's a hero to all the uruguayans anyway as what he did kept them in the WC
                                                I understand the concept, if I were his country man, I wouldn't consider him a hero.
                                                I'm sure he isn't to all Uruguayans.

And of course he had a choice.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

+1 on Malware bytes, its head and shoulders above all other stuff IMO.

If you cant run it, there is another good tool called combofix that is pretty nifty at fixing borked systems

http://www.combofix.org/downloadlink.php
                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Chelsea Chelsea
                                                    I rememeber seeing Conor Clifford for D.D.S.L winning the Kennedy Cup against Waterford in Limerick about 5 years, he looked an exceptional talent then and had already sorted out his youth scholarship move to Chelsea, from what I saw of him v United this season gone he has improved no end and is a bright hope for the future I hope for his sake Chelsea loan him out to a big Championship club or a lower end Premier one. The more top level first team football he plays the better for his future and Ireland's central midfield for years to come.

Also if my United can keep Hargreaves fit and a decent back 4 out regularly then I think they can push Chelsea all the way.

Comment

drunk texts are the bane of my life

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                        drunk texts are the bane of my life
                                                        lol details please Emmet

Comment

Did hitchhiker not post something the other day about some trip report he had coming up?
                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

He mentioned something about hoke and cookers IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                              He mentioned something about hoke and cookers IIRC
                                                              Hopefully its gonna be epic!

Comment

lol details please Emmet
                                                                Think I posted last week about drunk texting the girl I'd been on a date with, 8 hours after the date, while she was on her way to work.

Obviously she wasn't impressed, and I've had no contact since.

Last night, I deemed it a good time to try strike up a conversation again, while very under the influence once again! I woke up this morning and checked my sentbox, and immediately regretted it even further!

100% convinced that she believes I am an alcoholic drug dealer.

disaster

Comment

lol at the Suarez Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?i...1017696?ref=ts
                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

what are peoples opinions on Germany at 3.4? they seem a bit long to me?

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post

ideas pleaseeeeeeeeee
                                                                      I uninstalled it off a mates comp using this guide

Sysinternals Antivirus is a new rogue antispyware program from the same family of malware as XJR Antivirus, AKM Antivirus 2010, etc. The malicious program usually installed itself onto your computer without your permission and knowledge, with the help of trojans. When the trojan is started, it will download and install Sysinternals Antivirus onto your computer.

Comment

Those rouge security infections are a pain in the hole but they are keeping me employed at the mo.

If you know of anyone that paid for the "subscription" that they recommend, make sure they contact their bank and cancel the card.

Comment

Suarez... surely the simple answer is a rule change...no penalty, award a goal, and send him tf off.

Comment

Suárez is a hero. In some way he was lucky, not many people get to be in a situation like that, he literally had no choice. I wouldn't want to be on a team with anyone who wouldn't re-act the same way. It's not really cheating, as cheating implies some sort of deception. He stuck his hands up in the air as if he was the goalkeeper.

What makes it so awesome is that it was the perfect situation, last kick of the game, if it goes in they are out and his red card is thereby meaningless. I've often seen players get red cards in other situations which were really stupid, because either there was so long in the game left a player for a goal was not a good trade off, or cynically taking down a player when there is a good chance he isn't going to score anyway. This was different though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                              Suárez is a hero. In some way he was lucky, not many people get to be in a situation like that, he literally had no choice. I wouldn't want to be on a team with anyone who wouldn't re-act the same way. It's not really cheating, as cheating implies some sort of deception. He stuck his hands up in the air as if he was the goalkeeper.

What makes it so awesome is that it was the perfect situation, last kick of the game, if it goes in they are out and his red card is thereby meaningless. I've often seen players get red cards in other situations which were really stupid, because either there was so long in the game left a player for a goal was not a good trade off, or cynically taking down a player when there is a good chance he isn't going to score anyway. This was different though.
                                                                              Yep, agreed. There was a debate on 2+2 a few months ago about this too, think it was when Adam Johnson got that super late injury time winner against Sunderland when he curled it over the man on the line who only tried to head it when he could have easily stopped it with his hand. When it's last kick of the game stuff it's a no-brainer. Poker players of all people should realise this.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prrv6_CUyF0&feature=youtube_gdata[/ame]

Comment

what happened mrs flushdraws horse last night??

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                                                                                    what happened mrs flushdraws horse last night??
                                                                                    The people at the finishing post just rang - he should be along shortly

Also - Germany to get an Early goal for some quality Greenage but Argentina to win please

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                      The people at the finishing post just rang - he should be along shortly

Also - Germany to get an Early goal for some quality Greenage but Argentina to win please
                                                                                      looks like i saved myself 20 sobs then

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Actually scratch that a goal for either team for some huge greenage.

Bankruptcy if this finishes 0-0

Comment

Considering getting a tattoo, anyone have one done and could recommend a decent place?
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                                                                            Considering getting a tattoo, anyone have one done and could recommend a decent place?
                                                                                            I got mine done in this place, was good and clean they look like they do some good work. If i ever get another one i would defo go back to them.

Comment

that armagh match is level atm

Comment

BOOM

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                                                                                  what type of tattoo you gettin??

Comment

BOOM
                                                                                                    happy days???

Comment

Keeper made a pretty serious rick there
                                                                                                      Setting himself up expecting the ball to come thru the players at the front stick straight into his hands without a touch is pretty lolbad imo

/
                                                                                                      Not a big lover of backing the horses but
                                                                                                      Did a 2Euro super yankee today (did a few singles as well)
                                                                                                      boiling 6 horses down to 5, dropped out a 2/1 horse, kept a 10/1 horse

so far 2 have come in and the 10/1 placed
                                                                                                      I now expect the 2/1 to steam in

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                                                                                                        happy days???
                                                                                                        greened the B*llox out of it. Market has gone crazy. Time to sit back and enjoy methinks.

might throw 2 euro on no corners at 999/1

Comment

greened the B*llox out of it. Market has gone crazy. Time to sit back and enjoy methinks.

might throw 2 euro on no corners at 999/1
                                                                                                          buh bye 2-er

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

LOL @ thinking there was any thought at all put into it. It was a natural reaction to a point blank header that would have been the exact same in the first minute of a meaningless game, nothing more.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-07-10, 14:16.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              LOL @ thinking there was any thought at all put into it. It was a natural reaction to a point blank header that would have been the exact same in the first minute of a meaningless game, nothing more.
                                                                                                              I'm not so sure. As a goalkeeper at sunday league amateur level, I used to warn my defenders not to handle the ball in redcard/penalty situations or commit professionals foul in the box if it was the first half of the game or if we were leading by two goals or more. But if it was in the last 30 minutes or so and the scoreline merited it then they should do it.

I'd expect that players at the level of a World Cup would be receiving similar advice/tactics.

Comment

Pigsticker has to be one of the unsung heroes of this World Cup. His performances have been absolutely immense so far. I know England were made of fail, but he completely dominated the midfield in that game, and he's doing the same in this one.
                                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Maradonna coke and vuvuzela pic link please

Found it
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-07-10, 15:07.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                    Pigsticker has to be one of the unsung heroes of this World Cup. His performances have been absolutely immense so far. I know England were made of fail, but he completely dominated the midfield in that game, and he's doing the same in this one.
                                                                                                                    He is an absolute class act. He does everything so well.

Comment

small bet on Argentina at 7.1 - they look like scoring and it will be a major trade up if the nick one.

Choo Choo

Comment

Jeez that was a bit of a sweat on Armagh, thought it would have been a 3/4 point victory. Still, it will cover this weekends debauchery

Comment

Meh bought the index at 2.6 for 25 quid a goal, thought it could be party time with the goal after only a few minutes.

Argentina really look devoid of ideas going forward unless Messi is instigating the attack.

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X