This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
    LOL at the outrage. Suarez's decision is absolutely superb. Really good stuff. Smart as you can.

He's single-handedly (excuse the pun) from elimination. Anyone who doesn't do that is clueless, very similar to Neil Back in the Heineken Cup back in the day.
    Why dont ya just ride him?
    "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
      wtf - they were robbed, the henry thing was way different - had Henry not handled it, they wouldn't have scored- it would have been still 1-1. whereas 2nite had the player not handled it, Ghana were through.
      It was harsh, im not disputing that, but to say you feel worse for them is horse shit imo, Send them a card in the post if you really feel bad but posting that is lol

Comment

wtf - they were robbed, the henry thing was way different - had Henry not handled it, they wouldn't have scored- it would have been still 1-1. whereas 2nite had the player not handled it, Ghana were through.
        You've got it backwards (shock).
        Ghana weren't robbed because everything that happened was within the rules of the game. Suarez committed a foul and was correctly sent off and a penalty given. (You can debate if the rules are wrong maybe).
        Whereas Ireland could say they were 'robbed', because what happened was outside the rules of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post

Also in paris that night if it had been Robbie Keane to grab the ball out of the air and smack in the winner, the would have made him Taoiseach or something.
          Why not, robbing bastards make popular Taoiseachs.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

LOL at the outrage. Suarez's decision is absolutely superb. Really good stuff. Smart as you can.

He's single-handedly (excuse the pun) from elimination. Anyone who doesn't do that is clueless, very similar to Neil Back in the Heineken Cup back in the day.
            I really dont know if your being sarcastic here but I couldnt agree more if you are being serious.

Its a natural reaction first of all and secondly, like you say, anyone that doesnt do what he did is ridiculously stupid. The only thing I'd say is, without Suarez for the semi, they are in trouble.
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
              I agree with C Kid

Also in paris that night if it had been Robbie Keane to grab the ball out of the air and smack in the winner, the would have made him Taoiseach or something.
              Its always looked on different when its one of our own HF
              "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Yeah, absolute no brainer.

Epic ending. I'd rather Uruguay get through as I think it will be a better match vs the Dutch. Got to feel for Gyan, he will never live that down.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                  The only thing I'd say is, without Suarez for the semi, they are in trouble.
                  More importantly, so is my FF team

Comment

This is funny I think. It is based on a US phone and network. Warning: Takes the piss out of apple fanboys.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      You've got it backwards (shock).
                      Ghana weren't robbed because everything that happened was within the rules of the game. Suarez committed a foul and was correctly sent off and a penalty given. (You can debate if the rules are wrong maybe).
                      Whereas Ireland could say they were 'robbed', because what happened was outside the rules of the game.
                      Robbed of what? a 1-1 draw?

There is also somethin about fair play and all that - but sure obv u have your views and i have mine and we'll agree to disagree.

Comment

Ugh cannot get a hand to hold at all, might knock it on the head before i do my balls before Vegas

Comment

big time lol's at anyone who defends that fucking beach-ball Adidas have produced for the biggest tourni in the world outside the PP win a shirt comp

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            This is funny I think. It is based on a US phone and network. Warning: Takes the piss out of apple fanboys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
                            Latest futurama takes the piss big time.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Ghana were certainly robbed of that goal, but everyone's missing the fact that they threw it away themselves with three disgracefully terrible penalties.

The second miss was embarrassingly bad, Uruguay keeper didn't even celebrate saving it, it was gifted to him.

I feel sorry for them, but they fucked it up themselves.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Leo Varadkar from America

Comment

Robbed of what? a 1-1 draw?

There is also somethin about fair play and all that - but sure obv u have your views and i have mine and we'll agree to disagree.
                                  Yep, I put robbed in quotes for that reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                    Leo Varadkar from America
                                    Pretty class alright

Comment

The way I see it is that Suarez absolutely did the right thing. He knew he would be sent off etc, but surely the blame should lie not with him, but with FIFA for having such a stupid rule book. He did the same as anyone with half a brain would do in that situatioon.

Yeah, it's harsh on Ghana but it could have just as easily been the other way around. Anyway, both teams were so rubbish during the 120 mins that they have only themselves to blame!
                                      Last edited by NewApproach; 02-07-10, 21:59.

Comment

Forget about Ghana, about Suarez, about Fifa's ridiculous rulebook.

Tonight its all about Sebastien Abreu for he has the largest testicles in the world.
                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

2 hours of Glasto highlights on BBC from 11.05

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                            The way I see it is that Suarez did absolutely right thing. He knew he would be sent off etc, but surely the blame should lie not with him, but with FIFA for having such a stupid rule book. He did the same as anyone with half a brain would do in that situatioon.

Yeah, it's harsh on Ghana but it could have just as easily been the other way around. Anyway, both teams were so rubbish during the 120 mins that they have only themselves to blame!
                                            Actually thought it was a decent enough game.

Re 'the stupid rule book' surely you have to accept that if they had the rugby equivalent, a 'penalty goal', for incidents like that, that you would just open up a whole new chapter of injustices.

You know, Arsenal get the penalty goal one week. Next week theres a similar handball in the MUFC game but the ref isn't convinced it was a definite goal and forces them to take a penalty which they miss. SAF explodes in press conference about the injustice of it all. Goons on Sky Sports say 'the one thing we want is consistency' etc.
                                            The rule (in this situation) is fine the way it is imo.

Comment

I wonder will Fifa give Suarez a 2 match ban to respond to the inevitable outrage that will happen.

Comment

the amount of gobshites who have sucked out on me tonight
                                                latest shove AQ, called by A9, although maybe he deserved it for bravery

whats the point of creating an image if the payoff is some muppet doing exactly what you wanted him to do only to suck out
                                                Last edited by Guest; 02-07-10, 22:15.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                  The way I see it is that Suarez absolutely did the right thing. He knew he would be sent off etc, but surely the blame should lie not with him, but with FIFA for having such a stupid rule book. He did the same as anyone with half a brain would do in that situatioon.

would you say the same thing had the ref not giving a peno?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                    the amount of gobshites who have sucked out on me tonight
                                                    latest shove AQ, called by A9, although maybe he deserved it for bravery

whats the point of creating an image if the payoff is some muppet doing exactly what you wanted him to do only to suck out
                                                    Dont start, I even got sucked out on in the shirt tourney on PPP tonight. WTF like, that isnt in the agreement!

Comment

More or less took a bullet for his team, guarenteeing he'll take no part in a semi so his team have a slim chance to qualify(you had to fancy Gyan 2 from 2 from the spot).

Delighted for Uraguay, Forlan in particular he's been one of the few real star performers this WC and Suarez too, his little gamble paid off. Also happy Brazil are gone any1 from Spain/Uraguay or Holland and I'm green Argentina big big red.

Comment

Btw I think in general Suarez is a horrible player, diving, feigning injuries, looking to get players booked but as I said what he did at the end is a no brainer.

Comment

lol football

Comment

Abel Xavier was not called a cheat for doing exact same in last minute of extra time v France in euro200 semi final. Oh yeah - Zidane managed to score that penalty though. Results based reactions ftw

Comment

Actually thought it was a decent enough game.

Re 'the stupid rule book' surely you have to accept that if they had the rugby equivalent, a 'penalty goal', for incidents like that, that you would just open up a whole new chapter of injustices.

You know, Arsenal get the penalty goal one week. Next week theres a similar handball in the MUFC game but the ref isn't convinced it was a definite goal and forces them to take a penalty which they miss. SAF explodes in press conference about the injustice of it all. Goons on Sky Sports say 'the one thing we want is consistency' etc.
                                                              The rule (in this situation) is fine the way it is imo.
                                                              Sky Sports will always have something to complain about though. FWIW something like a penalty goal can only be brought in if there is 'technology' introduced I reckon.

would you say the same thing had the ref not giving a peno?
                                                              Yes, just because the referee missed the incident, doesn't mean the rule is different.

Comment

Look at him there, the cheeky rascal.
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

So tilted reading the soccer forum right now. Why do I inflict this pain on myself.

Comment

oh kylie kylie kylie

Comment

I heart Orbital

Comment

Cracking save by Suarez all the same. In goal for the final imo.

Comment

Why are some of you talking about cheating? Why the lol football comments?

Suarez was caught and the appropriate punishment was handed out.
                                                                          The ball never crossed the line and lol at anyone who thinks a goal should be awarded.

Yeah it's tough on Ghana and I really wanted them to win but c'est la vie,there are no other viable alternatives regarding the rules, simple.

I really hope Suarez gets a 2 game ban, but I doubt he will,no one likes it but he still did the right thing for his team though, no question.
                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

When's season 4 of breaking going to be out? Just finished it off, last few episodes were epic.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                              Why are some of you talking about cheating? Why the lol football comments?

Suarez was caught and the appropriate punishment was handed out.
                                                                              The ball never crossed the line and lol at anyone who thinks a goal should be awarded.

Yeah it's tough on Ghana and I really wanted them to win but c'est la vie,there are no other viable alternatives regarding the rules, simple.

I really hope Suarez gets a 2 game ban, but I doubt he will,no one likes it but he still did the right thing for his team though, no question.
                                                                              It is cheating Danny, no matter what way you look at it. If I was in the situation I would have done the same thing but it is still cheating.

The problem is the rules though, when that happens it should be a goal. Again it comes back to goal-line technology. If it was available you could have the rule to award a goal.
                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                It is cheating Danny, no matter what way you look at it. If I was in the situation I would have done the same thing but it is still cheating.

The problem is the rules though, when that happens it should be a goal. Again it comes back to goal-line technology. If it was available you could have the rule to award a goal.
                                                                                Don't agree with any of this tbh. Feck all to do with goal line technology either, the ref got it all right.
                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                  When's season 4 of breaking going to be out? Just finished it off, last few episodes were epic.
                                                                                  Its only finished the current season a couple of weeks ago so at least nine months I would think.

I feel your pain

Opr

Comment

It is cheating Danny, no matter what way you look at it.
                                                                                    i think it may well have been instinct rather than conscious cheating. though his feigned surpise when sent off was quite funny

Comment

Why the lol football comments?
                                                                                      Blatter
                                                                                      Diving
                                                                                      Fifa
                                                                                      Playing the World Cup with a beach ball
                                                                                      The pitches
                                                                                      The cunt trumpets
                                                                                      Pundits
                                                                                      Diving
                                                                                      The England goal
                                                                                      All the offside goals
                                                                                      Torres dive
                                                                                      Beckham
                                                                                      Terry
                                                                                      Diving
                                                                                      Spitting at the camera
                                                                                      Referees on the take
                                                                                      Dunphy
                                                                                      Dull
                                                                                      Dull
                                                                                      Dull
                                                                                      and did I mention diving?

On the other hand there is Apres Match.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

not sure if anyone has posted this before but the 1st 15 secs of this are lol, somewhere between manga and transformers, with a bit of the lord of the rings thrown in for good measure

Want to know what's going on with Tom 'Durrrr' Dwan at the 2010 WSOP? Of course you do, and so Card Player TV brings you _Durrrr Watch 2010_. In this episode find out about Durrrr's bust hand from the $25,000 short-handed no-limit hold'em event, his new twitter account, and what fellow pros Phil Galfond and Daniel Negreanu have to say about him and his massive bracelet bets.

from 23 secs on also great - somewhere between Club 92, fucked in Ireland, the day today and that bizarre Dublin channel on NTL

Comment

My car is a piece of shit. If I was to get another car, would there be any chance of getting a dealer to take it so that I don't have to get rid of it myself? It wouldn't be worth more than a couple of grand even if I did some stuff that needed to be done to it, and a dealer giving me a grand off another car even would be acceptable to me generally.

In other words, I am very lazy and just want to do the easiest thing possible. NCT is up in Jan, and it will be 10 years old by then as well.

Comment

Africa runs bad.

Comment

My car is a piece of shit. If I was to get another car, would there be any chance of getting a dealer to take it so that I don't have to get rid of it myself? It wouldn't be worth more than a couple of grand even if I did some stuff that needed to be done to it, and a dealer giving me a grand off another car even would be acceptable to me generally.

In other words, I am very lazy and just want to do the easiest thing possible. NCT is up in Jan, and it will be 10 years old by then as well.
                                                                                              Done deal ftw. Though send me the details and I might know someone if you want it gone for 1k (depending on what it is).
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Why the lol football comments?
                                                                                                Shamrock Rovers fans; pious when they are right, smug cunts when they are wrong
                                                                                                LOI ref's

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                  Done deal ftw. Though send me the details and I might know someone if you want it gone for 1k (depending on what it is).
                                                                                                  I'm just generally thinking of it at the moment, but will hopefully replace it sometime in the next 4 months. Wondering how not keen car dealers are in general really to take not great cars. I know I wouldn't buy my car anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                    Africa runs bad.
                                                                                                    i always though they ran pretty good.

Attached Files

Comment

How the fcuk could goal-line technology make any difference in this case, it wasn't over the line.
                                                                                                      (I fear I'm being fished here!)

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                      Africa runs bad.
                                                                                                      Fcuk 'em.
                                                                                                      6 places in this World Cup, 3 wins out of 18 games in the groups, 1 team into the last 16. And if Ghana had have made it to the last 4 then Africa would have been hinting at an increased allocation at (as usual) Europes expense. Thankfully Uruguay got there in the end and Ghana can't cover up an overall dismal African performance.

Comment

Originally posted by 8611 View Post
                                                                                                        not sure if anyone has posted this before but the 1st 15 secs of this are lol, somewhere between manga and transformers, with a bit of the lord of the rings thrown in for good measure

Want to know what's going on with Tom 'Durrrr' Dwan at the 2010 WSOP? Of course you do, and so Card Player TV brings you _Durrrr Watch 2010_. In this episode find out about Durrrr's bust hand from the $25,000 short-handed no-limit hold'em event, his new twitter account, and what fellow pros Phil Galfond and Daniel Negreanu have to say about him and his massive bracelet bets.

from 23 secs on also great - somewhere between Club 92, fucked in Ireland, the day today and that bizarre Dublin channel on NTL
                                                                                                        Is it just me or is her semi-lisp really cute.

Comment

I'm just generally thinking of it at the moment, but will hopefully replace it sometime in the next 4 months. Wondering how not keen car dealers are in general really to take not great cars. I know I wouldn't buy my car anyhow.
                                                                                                          Don't worry about it. Believe me, when I saw a POS driving into the dealership I worked in I was rubbing my hands. Too many reasons to commit to this post as to why it was better to trade in a semi-crap car.

If you do go to a dealer don't let them know that you think your car isn't worth much. Better to overestimate your expectation of the trade in value, listen to the salesmans explanation as to why it's not worth that much and negotiate from there.

Find the car you are interested in before asking the trade in value though. Generally the more expensive the car you are buying the more you should get for your car.

POS = piece of shit

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                            Don't worry about it. Believe me, when I saw a POS driving into the dealership I worked in I was rubbing my hands. Too many reasons to commit to this post as to why it was better to trade in a semi-crap car.

If you do go to a dealer don't let them know that you think your car isn't worth much. Better to overestimate your expectation of the trade in value, listen to the salesmans explanation as to why it's not worth that much and negotiate from there.

Find the car you are interested in before asking the trade in value though. Generally the more expensive the car you are buying the more you should get for your car.

POS = piece of shit
                                                                                                            Oh ya, I've no intention of just saying "take this I don't want anything for it", but it's good to know they don't mind them too much.

I'd probably be looking at spending 10-14k on a car, but I need to srt a few things before I can do it though.

cheers.

Comment

Oh ya, I've no intention of just saying "take this I don't want anything for it", but it's good to know they don't mind them too much.

I'd probably be looking at spending 10-14k on a car, but I need to srt a few things before I can do it though.

cheers.
                                                                                                              Lovely 525 series 04 going for sale for that money Dom

Comment

How the fcuk could goal-line technology make any difference in this case, it wasn't over the line.
                                                                                                                (I fear I'm being fished here!)
                                                                                                                If there was goal-line technology as in replay video then a rule could be there about stopping a certain goal by illegal means. A rule that states in the event that the ball would have crossed the line without illegal intervention a goal shall be awarded.

So they can look back at it and give the goal.
                                                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  Played what I believe was my first ever PLH tournament tonight on PP. $3rebuy. Shipped it for $400. Sweet.

Cheers to ElShambo for alerting me to the tournaments softness only last night.
                                                                                                                  haha. Played this tournament for a second time and shipped it again.

I heart PLH

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                                    Lovely 525 series 04 going for sale for that money Dom
                                                                                                                    I'm thinking of something a *bit* cheaper to run than that Fran, tyvm.

Comment

cheers.

Comment

I agree with this. The only thing I would have done differently was lay on the ground for 10 mins waiting to be stretchered off to try and put the kicker off his task as much as possible.

you see this in GAA the whole time - give away a peno but make sure you give the kicker as much time to think about it as possible

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                          Is it just me or is her semi-lisp really cute.
                                                                                                                          tbh I never noticed the lisp, never got pas the mediocre (and therefore attainable) and irish (i.e. realistically attainable) part of her

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X