This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
    Im not noted for my music loving(i can never hear the words because its drowned out by the music) so im pretty sure now that i prefer music without words.
    I just seen this ad on tv, seems like some great ambient sounds(is ambient the right word?). Anyone know any similar music to this or a band that does this type of thing?
    Ulrich Shnauss might be just the ticket.

ulrich schnauss's profile including the latest music, albums, songs, music videos and more updates.

I have three of his albums and this is my favourite - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Strangely_Isolated_Place
    eoghanlyons.com

Comment

This guy is louder, and a bit more "epic". You might still like him.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qRLepzXvnA[/ame]
      eoghanlyons.com

Comment

Going to Amsterdam in September

Anyone reccomend anywhere to visit/do for a first timer.

Comment

interesting thread
          I don't want to be overly descriptive here, as he might be reading...

i got lots of lolz out of it
          interesting twist in there

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Im not noted for my music loving(i can never hear the words because its drowned out by the music) so im pretty sure now that i prefer music without words.
            I just seen this ad on tv, seems like some great ambient sounds(is ambient the right word?). Anyone know any similar music to this or a band that does this type of thing?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyi7F1yrVTc[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L_DQKCDgeM[/ame]

Two good starting points imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post

prostitutes/drugs/museums/canal boat trip/visit rotterdam/take a trip to see the sea defences

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsZsC...eature=related
                Royksopp maybe swedish dudes or norwegian scandis anyhow

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                  prostitutes/drugs/museums/canal boat trip/visit rotterdam/take a trip to see the sea defences
                  You were doing fine till u said Rotterdam horrible kip hookers on boats in utrecht something unusual lived in Holland for 3 years and Rotterdam and Venlo 2 biggest dives i saw over there

Comment

Sorry if this has already been posted

Thought this looked a bit familiar...

Pam was on vacation with her family and mugged at gunpoint. Her credit card was stolen, her money and police are not really helping her out.
                    Through all this, Pam still managed to find the time to email a million people and ask for their help, indirectly… This is the scam I received in an email today. The goal is most likely to put out this story without asking for help directly, in hopes that someone will write back.
                    Perhaps someone might write back and offer words of support and when they do, the scammers will turn up the heat, play on that kindness and eventually end up taking a ton of money from an unsuspecting person – don’t let that person be you!
                    Here is the phishing attempt I received:
                    ——————————
                    Hello,
                    I’m sorry for this odd request and I’m writing this with tears on my eyes due to the situation of things right now,I’m stuck in London United Kingdom with my family,we came down here on vacation and we got Mugged at GUNPOINT.. worse of it was that cash cell phone and credit cards were stolen , it’s such a crazy and terrifying experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% helping, but the good thing is that we still have our passports…Our return flight Leave back home Today,But i still have problem in sorting out the hotel bills ..
                    Now I’m freaked out …
                    Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Eight-Ball View Post
                      just stick to the brass,s and the drugs.

Comment

5 star Mammy,v good
                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Going with the GF so the hookers I might have to give a miss

Also good place so said drugs/museums/booze

Comment

Banana Bar.

Comment

Was wondering what Icarus was talking about when he said five star mammy! when did that get put on and what did I do to earn a tagline?
                              And what cuss word is the five stars hiding lol

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions and links lads they are great. Ill check into Brian Eno soon.

edit: first heard some of this type music from Terje Rypdal off the 'Heat' soundtrack which is one soundtrack i love. And just checking it there now Zuutroys Brian Eno has a couple on it too.
                                Last edited by rounders123; 01-07-10, 20:10.

Comment

Have been told Swiftmarc wont be beaten in the last at leopardstown

Comment

Going with the GF so the hookers I might have to give a miss

Also good place so said drugs/museums/booze
                                    Being a bit nostalagic here but was a great coffee shop bar called hill street blues on
                                    Warmoesstrat slap bang in midddle of red light right beside a cop shop and smart shop shrooms etc pool tables and really relaxed.

If your going to smoke some weed go easy on it seen many a young lad felled like a tree after smoking too much too fast can be very strong stuff supposedly

if your with mates common sense someones too mashed or locked look after them lots of junkies and crooks make a living off mugging tourists even if red light is heavily policed.
                                    Dont buy anything off the street unless its food

clueless what the club scene is like now but was agreat spot called trance budda back in lae 90s early 00s and be loads of flyers for after partys which would go on till maybe 2 the next day unlike the shyte here finished at 3 and on the street.
                                    Some of the characters at these have to be seen to be believed have fun
                                    Last edited by Guest; 01-07-10, 19:57. Reason: spelling

Comment

God I love the world Cup

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p8LxpD4PeQ&feature=player[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                        5 star Mammy,v good
                                        Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                        Was wondering what Icarus was talking about when he said five star mammy!
                                        Yeah, but the way Icarus wrote it I thought it referred to you being 5starpool's mammy.

Thought there had been some kind of Jeremy Kyle/ Jerry Springer type family secret that we weren't aware of that had suddenly become public.

Comment

Originally posted by Leviticus View Post
                                          lay the bollix off this nag

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                            lay the bollix off this nag
                                            Hes a gelding

Comment

Hes a gelding
                                              nag in my eyes means horse are you a eunuch

Comment

Did you escape from the village?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions and links lads they are great. Ill check into Brian Eno soon.
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aij0xQQ2ZkE[/ame]
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_ZZo3ft4Sg[/ame]
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl4rwMZWATs[/ame]
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbPogBmwrew[/ame]
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCIAJRCxNGU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLK70Ipe-tI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                    Yeah, but the way Icarus wrote it I thought it referred to you being 5starpool's mammy.

Thought there had been some kind of Jeremy Kyle/ Jerry Springer type family secret that we weren't aware of that had suddenly become public.
                                                    I'm just a young thing! how could I be his mammy lol lol

Comment

nag in my eyes means horse are you a eunuch
                                                      I dont think you get it

Comment

[QUOTE=MegaSin;109084]God I love the world Cup

Not content with sitting out the days off, I went savegely looking for anything world cup related online and came across the official world cup tune.

I was probably the only one to miss it but it just seems perfect for this worldcup.

Warning: naff video and really looks like an ad for Coca Cola.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDrkU0rzFu8&feature=channel[/ame]
                                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I dont think you get it
                                                          I don't think you get that you are not meant to post outside the thread with that username either

Comment

Any of those biblical type posts here again I have no problem with banning them, and that includes from the werewolf place.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              Any of those biblical type posts here again I have no problem with banning them, and that includes from the werewolf place.
                                                              Thou shalt not ban

(listen to yor mammy )

Comment

crap - didnt log on in time to tell you guys what key I used for the ciphers.

Hope you guys are good at code breaking

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                    crap - didnt log on in time to tell you guys what key I used for the ciphers.

Hope you guys are good at code breaking
                                                                    You obv just ran well those 1st two games

Comment

Luke Flanagan is so retarded on the Bogs issue.

I wonder whether he caught more of the stupid from all the ganja or from being in politics?
                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 01-07-10, 21:13.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                        Ugghh, an actual coke and hookers story. Can't say it now as typing on phone, but its interesting! Anyway, woke up an hour late for flight. Now on the two day train to Prague. Well going to Zurich on a sleeper and hoping I can get from there to Prague.

Lol at 18 pm notifications - guessing ww got fun!
                                                                        Just bloody type it and don't keep us all in suspense! will pass the time surely

Comment

CS Grevenmacher 3-3 Dundalk

Not a bad result at all. Dundalk should be looking to progress for definite now

Comment

Exploding whale?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkwIRuW6fdQ&feature=player[/ame]

Comment

Thar she blows
                                                                              can you imagine the stink that came from that

Comment

Thar she blows
                                                                                can you imagine the stink that came from that
                                                                                No worse than the dance floor in Coppers on a Saturday night i'd imagine.

Comment

jbravado is on tv, E4 +1, Accidently on Purpose

Comment

Mel Gibson goes mental.... again.

Everyone should probably say goodbye to Mel Gibson. Mel Gibson told the mother of his love child that the way she was dressed would get her “raped by a pack of n***ers,” Radar Online has learned exclusively. Mel’s disgusting words are on audio tape. Radar has heard the tape, which also includes Mel telling Oksana […]

Comment

@ Rounders...forgot the Peace Orchestra. They might be what you're looking for too.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOgQyIMX_XU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9kPIp4MtX0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrhZs6M5Z3w&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

After the hamster security question it seesm they gave up...I think...Kinda...still unsure...kinda...

OMG!!!Lets come to think of it, theres no way I can pick up money here in Scotland on my name with western union if we are not really stuck here...Well let's forget about everthing if you know you can't help,I beilive We'll surely get help from another person ....I just want you to know this can also happen to you aswell...
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Aslan are awsome.

That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                              Aslan are awsome.

That is all.
                                                                                              QFT

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9k4bFe6IN8[/ame]
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                Aslan are awsome.

That is all.
                                                                                                Aslan were regular visitors in my local nightclub years ago and were always good value.

Went to see them in Mallow during my goatee phase and naturally enough I was called up on stage to accompany Christie Dignams goatee for a duet of 'Crazy World'.
                                                                                                I'm sure the ten pernod and blacks conspired to help me sound even more like a strangled cat than usual.

Performed a very succesfull dive off stage after the song and my pernod fuelled mates miraculously managed to catch me, it was fkin awsome!!
                                                                                                Last edited by dannydiamond; 01-07-10, 23:04.

Comment

Poker just kicked my ass again and this video made me laugh.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-K_FpxaYGw&feature=player[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                    Aslan were regular visitors in my local nightclub years ago and were always good value.

Went to see them in Mallow during my goatee phase and naturally enough I was called up on stage to accompany Christie Dignams goatee for a duet of 'Crazy World'.
                                                                                                    I'm sure the ten pernod and blacks conspired to help me sound even more like a strangled cat than usual.

Performed a very succesfull dive off stage after the song and my pernod fuelled mates miraculously managed to catch me, it was fkin awsome!!
                                                                                                    It really is all about timing, not the jump, Aslan, wrong place, wrong time...leaving out Christys other short comings of course.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Just saw them at lepordstown. Same set they have been doing for 20 years but jesus every song is great came home and have made in dublin on now. Great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                        After the hamster security question it seesm they gave up...I think...Kinda...still unsure...kinda...

OMG!!!Lets come to think of it, theres no way I can pick up money here in Scotland on my name with western union if we are not really stuck here...Well let's forget about everthing if you know you can't help,I beilive We'll surely get help from another person ....I just want you to know this can also happen to you aswell...
                                                                                                        From what I've read about these people I don't think they give up that easily. You've responded (a one in a 100 chance), you look as if you are ready to send money (probably 1 in a hundred of the 1 in a hundred).
                                                                                                        I'd say they'll be back tomorrow, asking for money as their Scottish crisis intensifies, and casually ignoring the whole hamster thing.
                                                                                                        Or maybe they'll research 'most common hamster names' on the web and take a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                          It really is all about timing, not the jump, Aslan, wrong place, wrong time...leaving out Christys other short comings of course.
                                                                                                          I've done many stage dives and it's all about luck really that my nose has only been broken once.

I remember back in the day when there was a real glut of really good Irish bands playing live around the country(91/92ish?) that there wasn't at least one big success in England, I always thought that Aslan could have been the one to make it.
                                                                                                          They had some quality tunes and always put on a great live show.
                                                                                                          This was the tune that should have put them on the map.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VLC4340bPE&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

... I always thought that Aslan could have been the one to make it. ...
                                                                                                            Well they did didn't they?
                                                                                                            They didn't make millions but they are still out doing they seem to enjoy it which is more than most of the rest of the bands from that time.

Comment

Esther, IMO

Comment

I like your cunning plan to siteban Lazare.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                  Well they did didn't they?
                                                                                                                  They didn't make millions but they are still out doing they seem to enjoy it which is more than most of the rest of the bands from that time.
                                                                                                                  When I say 'make it' I mean to become popular outside of Ireland,and to perhaps make the millions you refer to.
                                                                                                                  They were certainly good enough at the time and had some great tunes.
                                                                                                                  My mates had a band at the time and gigged regurlarly around the country and the rumour went that if it wasn't for Christy Dignam acting the pr1ck to everyone he met with the authority to make them superstars that they could have had a real shot.
                                                                                                                  Apparantly his ego always got in the way.

Don't get me wrong they've obviously done well for themselves and work hard but I remember at the time being told that his attitude was holding them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Esther, IMO
                                                                                                                    It's a fair cop.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    I like your cunning plan to siteban Lazare.

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lazare
                                                                                                                    I've been waiting to do that for a while. Never liked him anyways.

Comment

It's a fair cop.

I've been waiting to do that for a while. Never liked him anyways.
                                                                                                                      Maybe because i am very drunk...this intrigues me, lets see in the morning if i have as much intrest,
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Don't get me wrong they've obviously done well for themselves and work hard but I remember at the time being told that his attitude was holding them back.
                                                                                                                        Do you think they make much with their gigs around the place?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          Do you think they make much with their gigs around the place?
                                                                                                                          I'm sure the do very well but that was obviously not the point I was making.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X