• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Give up easier to just buy the game.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olzBJd-slXo

Video of me hypnotising a mate in the three crowns in temple bar at the weekend. poor enough quality but a good subject!
      If you went SLEEP on someone and left them there how long would they stay like that?
      Can/have you used your powers for evil?
      Could some scummer make a girl really want to have sex with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
        If you went SLEEP on someone and left them there how long would they stay like that?
        depends on the person. but indefinitely with the right person
        Can/have you used your powers for evil?
        Never
        Could some scummer make a girl really want to have sex with them?
        Doubtful I believe some people DO use it for sex, but I'm guessing theres a certain level of consent in there.
        http://mobro.co/zuroph
        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
          are they not the same crowd who were involved in a scandel regarding irishopen tickets or something,couple of years back?
          im prob wrong though.
          not sure i didn't hear anything

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
            i have been playing online since i was 16 and not had any real success..that said i have never truly assigned bankrole management either.
            Not trying to get at you but do you think this is because:

a) You aren't good enough
            b) You haven't practised good bankroll management

also 500 isn't a bankroll, its a buyin

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Hardly helpful?

Comment

also 500 isn't a bankroll,
                Ah, it would be for 5c/10c no?
                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Hello all. I'm obv the slowest person on the planet as I've only just discovered this site this week.

New Poker Ireland article online now.

Hoping to post a bit more in the theory forum so hopefully some will be on hand to lambast me.
                  http://www.pokerireland.ie

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    why do you mere mortals doubt me?
                    it's been a good day people

just stuck all the loots (€300) from today's spin on Djokovic @ 4/1, on Sunday night we drink champagne!

or Buckfast
                    Ship it!. Well at least theres nobody left now that isnt entirely beatable.
                    On sunday i expect the winning post to be accompanied by a General Zod picture

Comment

When i say no real success this doesn't mean i have never won, i haven't tracked my long term wins/losses online but id say its close to even..when i say no real success i mean, i cash in an MTT win maybe 100, withdraw thn deposit 20 a week later, and have never really progressed. This was mainly due to the fact that i was in education and had no means to make money to invest in poker and if cashed in a tournament i couldnt wait to get my hands on it.

Its true im not good enough, im always seeking to learn and improve, and i believe i can do that regardless be it live or online,
                      At the end of every live session i feel i have learned so much and i can genuinley say i am improving as a player, be it over a small sample size.

I agree to you and others 500 may seem very little and i wont argue, it would mean im way under rolled but its all i can currently afford to invest in poker and i was looking for advise on how best to utilise this.

Also for the cash games im used to it would be 5 buyins and about 14 low stake tournament buyins. If i stuck to tournaments i could get a lot of live experience but as many pointd out the 20+5 with skipped blind levels, small clocks are full of donkeys and it may not be worth it.

Thanks for yor response anyway.
                      Last edited by BrianByrne; 30-06-10, 22:02.
                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by rag2gar View Post
                        Hello all. I'm obv the slowest person on the planet as I've only just discovered this site this week.

Hoping to post a bit more in the theory forum so hopefully some will be on hand to lambast me.
                        Lol, I was thinking of stealing your username about 3 hours ago(I actually checked to see if it had been used). Welcome sir
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Lol welcome Gary. Good to have you here, better late than never. Please do post more!

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                            Hardly helpful?
                            Actually its the most helpful reply he got. The best thing he could do is learn how to play before blowing his 500. If you can't beat online, then longterm you won't beat live either. The passage i quoted was by far the most revealing part of his post, & as far as I could tell no-one noticed or commented on it.

Comment

Wanna mod Werewolf?
                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                Ah, it would be for 5c/10c no?
                                Yeah of course, 50 buyins. He wants to play live though so it's not a bankroll.

Comment

SC
                                  AMC AMC
                                  CM CM
                                  DM
                                  DL DC DC DR
                                  GK

Play a pressing direct game, give one AMC a free role and make the other essentially a second striker, use your full backs to give you width (You may have to play around with the with ball without ball windows), have a striker who can finish and you'll be champions league winner in no time no matter who you're managing imo
                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Actually its the most helpful reply he got. The best thing he could do is learn how to play before blowing his 500. If you can't beat online, then longterm you won't beat live either. The passage i quoted was by far the most revealing part of his post, & as far as I could tell no-one noticed or commented on it.
                                    may have read your tone wrong sorry my bad.

Well plenty of people pointed out 500 is not a lot to play live with but would be a comfortable bankroll for lots of small stake approaches to online wether it be micro cash, stts, or small multi tables. I said he should learn online and see the 500 if he wishes to play live as nothing more than a few nights out because he will be underolled, lack experince, be playing games with high variance etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sledgejammer View Post
                                      sc
                                      amc amc
                                      cm cm
                                      dm
                                      dl dc dc dr
                                      gk

play a pressing direct game, give one amc a free role and make the other essentially a second striker, use your full backs to give you width (you may have to play around with the with ball without ball windows), have a striker who can finish and you'll be champions league winner in no time no matter who you're managing imo
                                      stop playing fullbacks!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I'm going to download CM01/02, I've put it off but I need to test your fullback theory...I swear to god though if I'm not crushing after five games I'm going back to my old formation. Not much of a threat I know, but it'll happen
                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Too busy promoting Kick-Ass?
                                          sigpic
                                          www.d4events.com

Comment

Not sure if this was posted

Nigerian president suspends team after poor showing

Comment

jesus

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                I'm going to download CM01/02, I've put it off but I need to test your fullback theory...I swear to god though if I'm not crushing after five games I'm going back to my old formation. Not much of a threat I know, but it'll happen
                                                Well if you figure out how to get download working tell me. Yeah well im sure lots of formations work but i know that game does not regognise fullbacks.

Comment

this is the one i used

Comment

Thats absolutley brilliant Zuroph!
                                                    How long have you been practicing hypnosis?

How did you learn?
                                                    Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLOWvBqZdhw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Te9M2M73gqI[/ame]

me and Ant tried out some permanosis on her later in the evening. the first thing I did, before the video is running is just say "do you think you could lift that bottle?" planting a bit of doubt in her mind. as soon as she heard it, she couldnt even lift her arms. In the videos above, she's hypnotised so she can only speak chinese, and hypnotised to believe her friends tits have grown massively.
                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Brian, 500 clams...1 question, have you been on a sun holiday with a few of the mates ?
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                          yeah but when that is downloaded no idea how get it working.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                            Brian, 500 clams...1 question, have you been on a sun holiday with a few of the mates ?
                                                            Sun coke and hookers sounds way more fun - is that what you are gettin at oleras?

Comment

Download a programme called alcohol 120%, in it 'mount' the .iso file you downloaded there (I forget exactly how to do that but it's very straight forward I think). It basically tricks your computer into thinking you've a second CD drive and in that is the old CM 01/02 CD, from there just install it as normal

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                Download a programme called alcohol 120%, in it 'mount' the .iso file you downloaded there (I forget exactly how to do that but it's very straight forward I think). It basically tricks your computer into thinking you've a second CD drive and in that is the old CM 01/02 CD, from there just install it as normal
                                                                will try it agin, if not ill have to wait till my IT guy (ditpoker) gets back from his Holibobs.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

No mate, sounds like a grand idea tho!
                                                                  I think when my settlement comes through i might go on a holiday or buy a car lol that would be ironic.
                                                                  Last edited by BrianByrne; 30-06-10, 22:51.
                                                                  Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                                    Thats absolutley brilliant Zuroph!
                                                                    How long have you been practicing hypnosis?

How did you learn?
                                                                    For only €250 of your bankroll I'm sure he can hypnotise you to give you unbeatable confidence at the poker table! And if that fails he can probably hypnotise you to see big tits for €5

Comment

hahahaha thats hilarious!
                                                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Zuroph (or hotspur maybe?), can you explain hypnotism to me in some sort of scientific way? It really doesn't sit well with me!

PL whose graph is that?

Comment

will try it agin, if not ill have to wait till my IT guy (ditpoker) gets back from his Holibobs.
                                                                          download daemon tools lite, right click the file, open it with daemon tools, click view files.

Comment

Best Tactic i've ever used for Cm 01/02

uses no fullbacks, here's a download for anyone interested: http://www.sendspace.com/file/c7ojrg
                                                                            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Brag: Finally got CM to download and work despite being clueless - download the alcohol thing that was mentioned and its easy.

It says there is not enough memory to play - whats that about?

Beat: i've never played this game in my life.
                                                                              Last edited by Ace; 30-06-10, 23:09.

Comment

download daemon tools lite, right click the file, open it with daemon tools, click view files.
                                                                                nope so now have tried three differnt things still no ggod. How come when i download it it saves to my desktop as a media file?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                  Zuroph (or hotspur maybe?), can you explain hypnotism to me in some sort of scientific way? It really doesn't sit well with me!

PL whose graph is that?
                                                                                  There is no evidence that a distinct state of hypnosis exists. I subscribe to the cognitive behavioural theory of hypnosis. To put it simply, the woman in that video acted like she did because she believed that there is this thing called hypnosis and it results in you becoming hyper suggestible and not being in control of your behaviour.

If you convince somebody that hypnosis does something else, such as increases your control, then they won't experience any apparent loss of volition.

I can't remember which famous hypnotherapist said it, but he said that the people you see being hypnotised on stage in shows are the same people who would end up with a lampshade on their heads after a few drinks.

There is nothing you can do with hypnosis that you cannot do without hypnosis. The only difference with hypnosis is that you call it hypnosis and it has some idiosyncratic inductions and stuff.

Anyone familiar with the social psychology literature on persuasion and the things you can get people to do such as Stanley Milgram's famous experiment ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment ) will know that using the idea of hypnosis is unnecessary to get people to do incredible things.

Comment

any idea what time it starts, or what time we should get out there? got a hospital appointment monday morning, so cant head til after then. whats the deal, just wander the course and pick a spot to watch?
                                                                                    No idea, but I imagine the earlier the better. The crowds are huge so if you arrive too late you are likely to miss out on the better vantage points. Irrelevant though if you plan on following a few golfers around. I'd be surprised if Samuel Jackson isn't there, he is a huge golf fan and obviously he does a lot of charity work.

I haven't been to this in the previous years it has been on, but I imagine it will be pretty tedious. Big crowds + only one golfer worth watching per fourball + nothing for them to play for doesn't sound like the greatest combo for the spectator. Still lets hope the weather is nice and it's enjoyable!

It is a fantastic event for the area though, all credit to J.P., he has done wonders with it.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

PL whose graph is that?
                                                                                      Wiki;
                                                                                      contemporary research suggests that it is actually a wakeful state of focused attention[2] and heightened suggestibility,[3] with diminished peripheral awareness.

My sister would probably be a better person to ask on this, she's currently doing a Phd in Psychology based on time perception, and a portion of her research is based on hypnotic alteration of time, she's in touch with quite a few scientists studying it at present, I'll see if I can get any links off her.
                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                        No idea, but I imagine the earlier the better. The crowds are huge so if you arrive too late you are likely to miss out on the better vantage points. Irrelevant though if you plan on following a few golfers around. I'd be surprised if Samuel Jackson isn't there, he is a huge golf fan and obviously he does a lot of charity work.

I haven't been to this in the previous years it has been on, but I imagine it will be pretty tedious. Big crowds + only one golfer worth watching per fourball + nothing for them to play for doesn't sound like the greatest combo for the spectator. Still lets hope the weather is nice and it's enjoyable!

It is a fantastic event for the area though, all credit to J.P., he has done wonders with it.
                                                                                        bring camping chairs with? will throw em in the van anyway.
                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Right im quitting before i cry or blow up my PC.

Comment

nope so now have tried three differnt things still no ggod. How come when i download it it saves to my desktop as a media file?
                                                                                            download that alcohol thing first.
                                                                                            then download cm from that link - it will be a zip file on your desktop
                                                                                            then extract the files - it will be a normal file on your desktop
                                                                                            Then run that alcohol programme - right click the blank screen that comes up and select "add image" - select the file thats on your desktop which opens up and then select the CM0102. Then when this is in the Alcohol programme, right click on it and select "Mount on Device". This will get it working.

Comment

Lazy Sod

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                download that alcohol thing first.
                                                                                                then download cm from that link - it will be a zip file on your desktop
                                                                                                then extract the files - it will be a normal file on your desktop
                                                                                                Then run that alcohol programme - right click the blank screen that comes up and select "add image" - select the file thats on your desktop which opens up and then select the CM0102. Then when this is in the Alcohol programme, right click on it and select "Mount on Device". This will get it working.
                                                                                                Will give it one more go tommorrow, oddly i really want to play it now despite playing new football manager cause that and 97/98 were great games.

Comment

Samuel L Jackson is there: http://www.jpmcmanusproam.com/player...l-jackson.html

Comment

legend. now, what to get him to sign.
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Don't bother with the chairs, not even sure you would be able to bring them in. For the Irish Opens in Adare we watched whichever golfers we wanted to for a few holes. Everybody is going to be watching Tiger so I would only do it for a few holes tbh there's tons of other famous players worth watching John Daly, Olzabal etc etc We also would pick another few holes with good vantage points par 3 's etc and stay there for a good while. Back to the bar for a few pints, trying to get taxis out of Adare at goodness knows what time etc etc. It's a great crack, enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                        Don't bother with the chairs, not even sure you would be able to bring them in. For the Irish Opens in Adare we watched whichever golfers we wanted to for a few holes. Everybody is going to be watching Tiger so I would only do it for a few holes tbh there's tons of other famous players worth watching John Daly, Olzabal etc etc We also would pick another few holes with good vantage points par 3 's etc and stay there for a good while. Back to the bar for a few pints, trying to get taxis out of Adare at goodness knows what time etc etc. It's a great crack, enjoy.
                                                                                                        whats parking like out there? queue-tastic? I've not played at the manor so don't know the course well, must look up a map for vantage points
                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Parking was suprisingly not too bad, was pleasantly surprised with the setup. The 6th and 16th par 3's are class viewing.
                                                                                                          Last edited by thedini; 30-06-10, 23:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                            Brag: Finally got CM to download and work despite being clueless - download the alcohol thing that was mentioned and its easy.

It says there is not enough memory to play - whats that about?

Beat: i've never played this game in my life.
                                                                                                            I'm using windows XP so I had to right-click on the cm0102 executable file (the one you click in your start menu), and click properties. Go through the tabs there and click run as compatible with Windows 98. Dunno about Vista or Windows 7.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafortezza View Post
                                                                                                              I'm using windows XP so I had to right-click on the cm0102 executable file (the one you click in your start menu), and click properties. Go through the tabs there and click run as compatible with Windows 98. Dunno about Vista or Windows 7.
                                                                                                              did the exact same and it worked - cheers

Comment

Have it installed, tried about 5 different updates and still doesnt work as cannot extract the new data into the date folder. pissing me off by now

Comment

I'm guessing everyone is running is under adminirator?

Comment

massive lol @ equal prizemoney btw

they're basically two different sports
                                                                                                                    DING DING DING

Utterly ridiculous, I don't even watch women's tennis these days.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                      DING DING DING

Utterly ridiculous, I don't even watch women's tennis these days.
                                                                                                                      Sexist pigs.

Comment

Are all versions of CM as easy as the one I played ('08 maybe)?

It's fun to see the young hot shot players of the game breaking through in real life.

Unfortunately young Liverpool hot shot striker Craig Lindfield appears to be without a club atm. Young Chelsea hot shot Ben Sahar hasn't popped up on the radar but he's at Espanyol.

Saw Chelsea's young player Stich playing in the world cup, young Nilis too playing for Greece.

Ahhh, no, screw you guys, I'm not going down that path again....anyway the game was waaaay too easy.

Comment

watching that spike lee documentary on kobe, jesus i know fuck all about basketball.
                                                                                                                          Yeah, it's an awesome eye opener all right. The section where he explains that they don't actually work off any set plays but instead work on developing multiple sequences of options off different sets is fascinating.
                                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X