This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Does anyone think that the physical similarity in terms of facial looks between his Mum and girlfriend is just a little 'odd'? It was my Mam who twigged me on to this recently when she said "his girlfriend really does look like a younger version of his mother".
    huh?

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
      Nice one
      That commute must have been a bitch!
      More than two and a half years he done it for. And lately he was going to Dublin early hours tue and back thu night . He deserves a medal

Comment

New WW game is good for observers, more from the point of trying to figure out who everyone actually is, rather than their roles.

Comment

Coola buala, I'm offically retired from the IPB, tying the knot soon and some other 'boring' stuff that will no doubt
          mean I'll be less interested in the poker. I enjoyed being a part of the BBV and I think I helped it grow into the
          meandering mess of interesting and semi interesting and oft classic thread that from what I can see is quite unique . At it stands it will probably go on from strength to strength but I'm going to quit whilst I'm marginally ahead. (imo) Ye can probably prop bet on my next post my guess is it will not be within a year at least. If it is ye can quote me on this. I will pay 2k to St Vinno De Paul if ye spot a post from me from July 2010 to July 2011. *that should keep me away* :-)

My predictions for the next 12 months
          Liverpool to secure a top 4 quite easily
          Hernandez to be a roaring success
          The PL to go Brazil crazy
          Spain for the WC
          Nadal for Wimbledon
          MCDowell to score a 2nd major.
          Rafa to fail at Inter *badly*
          Mourino to fall out in Real Madrid and end up at Old Trafford.

Good luck Chimpos. I hope that Murray tosser loses today.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
            huh?

The mother looks like Sonia O Sullivan imo. Not flying to Vegas until next Wednesday but starting to look at alternative flights going out on Friday or Saturday giggigidy goooooo.

Comment

good luck to the future Mr & Mrs Solksjaer
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Also some of ye with the Biblical names (scratch that: most of ye) are failing hard thus far. Get an avatar of your Biblical character and a quote of theirs in yer sig for fuck sake!! Then I can start doling out apt custom titles. Come on, chop, chop!!
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                  Coola buala, I'm offically retired from the IPB, tying the knot soon and some other 'boring' stuff that will no doubt
                  mean I'll be less interested in the poker. I enjoyed being a part of the BBV and I think I helped it grow into the
                  meandering mess of interesting and semi interesting and oft classic thread that from what I can see is quite unique . At it stands it will probably go on from strength to strength but I'm going to quit whilst I'm marginally ahead. (imo) Ye can probably prop bet on my next post my guess is it will not be within a year at least. If it is ye can quote me on this. I will pay 2k to St Vinno De Paul if ye spot a post from me from July 2010 to July 2011. *that should keep me away* :-)

My predictions for the next 12 months
                  Liverpool to secure a top 4 quite easily
                  Hernandez to be a roaring success
                  The PL to go Brazil crazy
                  Spain for the WC
                  Nadal for Wimbledon
                  MCDowell to score a 2nd major.
                  Rafa to fail at Inter *badly*
                  Mourino to fall out in Real Madrid and end up at Old Trafford.

Good luck Chimpos. I hope that Murray tosser loses today.
                  Why do you treat this place like it is some kind of a problem
                  Just come on and talk shyte when you feel like it and don't when you don't.
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                    Also some of ye with the Biblical names (scratch that: most of ye) are failing hard thus far. Get an avatar of your Biblical character and a quote of theirs in yer sig for fuck sake!! Then I can start doling out apt custom titles. Come on, chop, chop!!
                    Yep, very disappointed with the avatars so far.

Any way we would could structure a side game?
                    Thinking of something along the lines of pm'ing a guess list of the 25 biblical names and their original ipb names to H2G2 or Icarus by Friday 11PM at the latest.
                    Then at the end of the game when everyone is revealed whoever has got the most of the 25 correct wins.
                    (Open to nonparticpants only obviously).

Comment

can anyone tell me the online music library that was posted ages ago. The one where you can make and save playlist's etc.

Comment

wtf are you on about with the bible references?

Comment

Fwiw, I think Hodgson is a very good appointment for Liverpool. He will be respected by the players and will get the best out of them, and he won't stand for any BS from the idiots upstairs at Liverpool. He's very shrewd in the transfer market too(some inspired signings for Fulham).

If they keep their current players, I can see Liverpool having a much better season next year.

Imo, Rafa had gotten stale and needed to move on, he will do well at Inter I reckon.

As for Gerrard, what Willie said basically.

Besides i'm more worried about my own team(Newcastle -_-). I can see us going straight back down again. Anyone have an opinion on that?
                          Last edited by Moneymaker; 30-06-10, 11:54.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                            can anyone tell me the online music library that was posted ages ago. The one where you can make and save playlist's etc.
                            found it grooveshark.com was what i was looking for .

Comment

i went over 2000 posts and didn't even notice i meant to do something for it but anyhow better late than never

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

must ... resist .... temptation

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                                  Best of luck to Sean Prendiville who's down to the last 20 of Event #49: $1,500 No-Limit Hold'em

1 Michael Linn 1,410,000
                                  2 Mihai Manole 1,253,000
                                  3 Jonathan Spinks 703,000
                                  4 Benjamin Smith 604,000
                                  5 Chadwick Grimes 591,000
                                  6 Sean Prendiville 574,000
                                  7 Taylor Larkin 570,000
                                  8 Benjamin Eilers 560,000
                                  9 Anthony Spinella 535,000
                                  10 Alexander Kuzmin 462,000

Play continues at 3pm Vegas time for day 3 (11pm our time).

For those of you who can't put a face to a name:

GLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGL GLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGLGL
                                  cheers for the link to the pic, i always thought he was russh on boards...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Why do you treat this place like it is some kind of a problem
                                    Just come on and talk shyte when you feel like it and don't when you don't.
                                    *it's not July yet.*
                                    OK Tony -Here is why. It's perfectly understandable I would have thought.
                                    If I was disciplined I'd have no problems but I'm not. I spend far too much time on the interweb and I need to wean myself off it. 1st here and hopefully the facebook then some other lower key sites. I've frequently chided nephews etc about playing computer games instead of the more physical stuff, I then realised I waste as much time as they do. It's not just the IPB I'm trying to snip it's mostly all the time wasting I've been doing on the net that has stalled projects. So yes I guess the interweb IS a problem for me, it's interfered too much in my life and bang I'm overloaded with too much stuff that is undone. I will always be tempted so I'm giving myself a complete break from here 1st. It's nothing personal to anyone and as you say It's just random shyte I'm spouting but then I find myself drawn into reading other posts , riggers zany observations, Raouls political corner, Stewels battles with real life goonies and now the WW game has the potential to turn me into a complete addict. (great game imo) etc etc etc etc a testament to the success of the site I guess. So in an effort to put some discipline into my real life I'm deinterwebbing myself. Methinks it's fair nuff. And like I said good luck to ye all. I've also got a big year ahead (not ALL good). So in a way the place is a problem (or rather my indiscipline)

So good luck laddies and chimpys and singlewimminwith3kids

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                      grooveshark.com I'd guess? Not sure if I'm allowed link to that so delete if inappropriate
                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

One for the baseball heads and why you should not be on the phone at a game:

Ever get stuck next to the guy in your section who won't get off his cellphone? Well, this video is for you. If you're the one calling, hang up and pay attention....unless you want a Rawlings to the face.

Comment

*it's not July yet.*
                                          Brother Willie is right. He'll never get that barn raised with this kind of carry on.

We'll still be here if and when you decide that projects are ghey, being productive is for suckers, and that the interweb is the lotus fruit of the 21st century. The taste of the juicy indolence is so sweet

"It is impossible to enjoy idling thoroughly unless one has plenty of work to do" - Jerome K. Jerome.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            wtf are you on about with the bible references?
                                            New Werewolf game

Comment

obvious solution to Solksjaer's problem; only post on IPB when you're in work. duh

Comment

obvious solution to Solksjaer's problem; only post on IPB when you're in work. duh
                                                Works for me!

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                  Fwiw, I think Hodgson is a very good appointment for Liverpool. He will be respected by the players and will get the best out of them, and he won't stand for any BS from the idiots upstairs at Liverpool. He's very shrewd in the transfer market too(some inspired signings for Fulham).

If they keep their current players, I can see Liverpool having a much better season next year.

Imo, Rafa had gotten stale and needed to move on, he will do well at Inter I reckon.

As for Gerrard, what Willie said basically.

Besides i'm more worried about my own team(Newcastle -_-). I can see us going straight back down again. Anyone have an opinion on that?
                                                  Well Newcastle were leaps and bounds above what the rest of the championship had last year. i think it's important that newcastle have realistic expecations this year acroos the board from chairman to players and fans. Gone are the days they could compete. firtsly Newcastle have a solid group of players who really are to godd for championship. i think if they can make one or two shrewd signings they will have a chance. Players like Nolan, Gutierezz, taylor, Coloccini, Enrique etc will need some help. They have the great advantage of still being a huge club so raiding championship for players will be easy. I think Hughton is a good man manager and the atmoshpere there is better than it has been in years.

Of course there are problems, Caroll, Best and Ameobi are not going to score enough but there all try hard players. lots of players with point to prove for Newcastle so dont think its all doom and gloom.

Comment

Federer struggling here

don't think I've ever seen him lose a set 6-1 before
                                                    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 30-06-10, 13:49.

Comment

Question for BBV:

I'm selling an old phone of mine to 'Money4urMobile', one of these crowds who pay you cash for your old phone. I would sell it on adverts but it's not in great condition so I would feel a little guilty.

Anyway they have said they will give €98 for it, and I can send it to them by two ways, one is a freepost envelope, and the second is by registered post at a cost of €6.

In view of the fact that the envelope will clearly have 'Money 4 ur Mobile' as the address (postmen might get sticky fingers), and the honesty of these companies could be a bit questionable, is it +/- EV in your opinion's to use the registered post? They recommend to use registered post, I can't help thinking that anything they get in by normal post they just say they never received.

I'm leaning towards registered post, but don't fancy having to queue up in the post office for so long when I could just pop it in the letterbox.

Oh and obv if anyone wants a Nokia N96 in perfect working order but the screen plastic in shite for €95 let me know in the next half an hour!

Comment

Has anybody figured out how the new rapidshare pricing works?
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

*it's not July yet.*
                                                          OK Tony -Here is why. It's perfectly understandable I would have thought.
                                                          If I was disciplined I'd have no problems but I'm not. I spend far too much time on the interweb and I need to wean myself off it. 1st here and hopefully the facebook then some other lower key sites. I've frequently chided nephews etc about playing computer games instead of the more physical stuff, I then realised I waste as much time as they do. It's not just the IPB I'm trying to snip it's mostly all the time wasting I've been doing on the net that has stalled projects. So yes I guess the interweb IS a problem for me, it's interfered too much in my life and bang I'm overloaded with too much stuff that is undone. I will always be tempted so I'm giving myself a complete break from here 1st. It's nothing personal to anyone and as you say It's just random shyte I'm spouting but then I find myself drawn into reading other posts , riggers zany observations, Raouls political corner, Stewels battles with real life goonies and now the WW game has the potential to turn me into a complete addict. (great game imo) etc etc etc etc a testament to the success of the site I guess. So in an effort to put some discipline into my real life I'm deinterwebbing myself. Methinks it's fair nuff. And like I said good luck to ye all. I've also got a big year ahead (not ALL good). So in a way the place is a problem (or rather my indiscipline)

I highly recommend World of Warcraft for a few days to solve this problem.

Comment

he is in big dog doo now.

Comment

Because of something in commentary in Spain vs Portugal, I decided for a change to not watch the ball, and just watch Xavi. It was really interesting it turns out. All he seemed to do was walk around at a slow pace but....he always was in space to accept a pass, and he always had someone in space to pass to.

It seems so simple, why don't they all do it?

When portugal got the ball I saw nothing like that. Instead for example I saw two guys trying to get down the left hand side surrounded by four spanish players, isolated from the rest of their team, and ultimately losing the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                he is in big dog doo now.
                                                                yup although he's had so many break points in this set that he deserves to lose for not converting. Berdych in fairness to him is toughing it out well.

time waits for no man I fear, the Fed Era may be drawing to a close

Comment

Anyone any recomendations for somewhere to stay in London? Heading over for weekend end of July so looking for good location and not ridiculously expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                    Question for BBV:

I'm selling an old phone of mine to 'Money4urMobile', one of these crowds who pay you cash for your old phone. I would sell it on adverts but it's not in great condition so I would feel a little guilty.

Anyway they have said they will give €98 for it, and I can send it to them by two ways, one is a freepost envelope, and the second is by registered post at a cost of €6.

In view of the fact that the envelope will clearly have 'Money 4 ur Mobile' as the address (postmen might get sticky fingers), and the honesty of these companies could be a bit questionable, is it +/- EV in your opinion's to use the registered post? They recommend to use registered post, I can't help thinking that anything they get in by normal post they just say they never received.

I'm leaning towards registered post, but don't fancy having to queue up in the post office for so long when I could just pop it in the letterbox.

Oh and obv if anyone wants a Nokia N96 in perfect working order but the screen plastic in shite for €95 let me know in the next half an hour!
                                                                    In april i sent my N95 8gb off to envirofone. Didn't go registered post and everything went fine. Got a cheque for 129 and the whole process took about 3 weeks. Much handier than selling it. My phone was in perfect physical condition but was absolutely riddled with a virus or two. They never flagged the virus and i got full whack. Thought the whole process was excellent as they tell ya online where you are in your transaction. I wouldn't worry about the extra 6 quid NA but thats only drawing on my experience which went smoothly.
                                                                    Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 30-06-10, 14:35.

Comment

last chance saloon

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                        Anyone any recomendations for somewhere to stay in London? Heading over for weekend end of July so looking for good location and not ridiculously expensive.
                                                                        From booking to bed, we’re here to help you rest easy. Whether it’s our choice of rooms across 800+ hotels, beds you won’t want to leave, our super tasty food, flexible rates that have you covered whatever the weather or our friendly team members who genuinely care about you, these are just some of the reasons we’re one of the most-loved hotels in the UK and beyond

Stayed here last year for a weekend. Beside the Kings Cross tube station so handy for getting around. A basic functional hotel, what you'd expect from a chain - Think it was about £80 STG a night at weekends (actually cheaper than their midweek prices). Ranks quite high on trip advisor as well.

Edit: Seems to be much more expensive on their own site, maybe we booked through ebookers or hotels.com or something.
                                                                        Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 30-06-10, 14:49.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                          In april i sent my N95 8gb off to envirofone. Didn't go registered post and everything went fine. Got a cheque for 129 and the whole process took about 3 weeks. Much handier than selling it. My phone was in perfect physical condition but was absolutely riddled with a virus or two. They never flagged the virus and i got full whack. Thought the whole process was excellent as they tell ya online where you are in your transaction. I wouldn't worry about the extra 6 quid NA but thats only drawing on my experience which went smoothly.
                                                                          Yeah Gillian sold 2 phones through envirofone and it went through no hassles. Both phones went into the same freepost envelope and the cheques arrived at seperate times, but for the full whack

Comment

Fed got the big heart. Amazing tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                              Fed got the big heart. Amazing tennis.
                                                                              he's come right back to the pack in the last few months

retire imo; the greatest player of all time should go out at or near the top

Comment

BOOOOM Fed out, Rafa out in about 90 minutes.

Come on down Mr Murray, your time has come!

Comment

FML

Horse I used owned (in a syndicate) won today at Perth, 15/2. Not a cent on. Wouldn't mind but he broke our hearts.

Is it sad that I am glad for the horse??

Comment

let's not go nuts here

Djokovic for the win (if he can keep his head from exploding)

Comment

murray can be layed at 1.3 - worth a punt?

Comment

massive lol @ equal prizemoney btw

they're basically two different sports

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                          murray can be layed at 1.3 - worth a punt?
                                                                                          General consensus is he's probably too short. Tsonga starts really fast too, so he might trade bigger. Personally think Murray will win in three, en route to scooping the lot.

Comment

General consensus is he's probably too short. Tsonga starts really fast too, so he might trade bigger. Personally think Murray will win in three, en route to scooping the lot.
                                                                                            wow big call re scooping the lot.

I think Il back Tsonga at 4.4 and trade it up

Comment

it's actually fascinating in a way that a grand slam hasn't been for a long time i.e. in terms of genuine potential winners

Soderling, Djokovic, Berdych, Murray all very decent chances

(I'm making the assumption that Nadal's beaten-up body doesn't last today)

Djokovic is my pick, even though he may well be clinically insane

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                FML

Horse I used owned (in a syndicate) won today at Perth, 15/2. Not a cent on. Wouldn't mind but he broke our hearts.

Is it sad that I am glad for the horse??
                                                                                                Absolutely not, all the thrills none of the bills IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                  wow big call re scooping the lot.

I think Il back Tsonga at 4.4 and trade it up
                                                                                                  would layin nadal not be better, from what others are saying?

btw when is the murray game on?

Comment

Im very sad to say i agree.

massive lol @ equal prizemoney btw

they're basically two different sports
                                                                                                    Agreed also.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                      Has anybody figured out how the new rapidshare pricing works?
                                                                                                      Nope. Not yet.

Closest I can figure is you block buy "rapids".

It then deducts rapids at the following rate.

Name Price / day Storage Traffic / day Manager Licence
                                                                                                      RapidSmall 4 Rapids 10 GB 1 GB
                                                                                                      RapidMedium 20 Rapids 50 GB 5 GB
                                                                                                      RapidBig 78 Rapids 200 GB 20 GB
                                                                                                      RapidSupersize 229 Rapids 600 GB 60 GB
                                                                                                      RapidBusiness 449 Rapids 1200 GB 120 GB

So if you have a "small day" it deducts 4 rapids. I suspect a normal day would be 20 rapids. If you are likely to go over 5gb download you should save the links in a d/l managed until you get close to the 20gb mark to extract maximum value/rapid. I presume value increases as you move up the scale but haven't done the maths.

4 rapids seems to be the base rate regardless.

I think the 5k rapids for 49.99 is better value than the previous cost of a year and should last 12 months or so depending on usage.

Edit to add: If you have any free or premium rapid points you need to convert them to rapids sooner rather than later. July 6th is the cutoff.
                                                                                                      Last edited by bp_me; 30-06-10, 15:07.
                                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Djokovic is a surrender monkey and it wouldnt surprise me if he pulls out with one of his mystery illness in running. Mentally he's frail but knowing Federer is out and Nadal likely too will give him a fillip.
                                                                                                        Soderling FTW outright.

Comment

Thats a shocking ruling in the Nadal match.

Comment

The worse thing about that loss by Federer is I don't think he will ever win another slam and considering he doesn't bother with the other tournaments I don't think he will be number 1 again and shall always finish 1 week short of Sampras which would be a huge shame.
                                                                                                            Last edited by cooker3; 30-06-10, 15:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                              would layin nadal not be better, from what others are saying?

btw when is the murray game on?
                                                                                                              its just starting now

all value in laying nadal is gone

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                Djokovic is a surrender monkey and it wouldnt surprise me if he pulls out with one of his mystery illness in running. Mentally he's frail but knowing Federer is out and Nadal likely too will give him a fillip.
                                                                                                                Soderling FTW outright.
                                                                                                                prop bet? Your Soderling vs my Djokovic

Comment

prop bet? Your Soderling vs my Djokovic
                                                                                                                  Ok €100 last longest through stars?. push if KO'd in same round?

edit: if both ko'd in same rd?
                                                                                                                  Last edited by rounders123; 30-06-10, 15:12.

Comment

Rounders getting stitched up there!

Comment

While it would be nice to retire he still has massive earning power for a few years so he will keep pushing on.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                        Ok €100 last longest through stars?
                                                                                                                        booked

if they're both KO'd in same round we call it a draw

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                                          While it would be nice to retire he still has massive earning power for a few years so he will keep pushing on.
                                                                                                                          ^^^^^ Is completely correct but I can never understand why professional sports people who have litterally earned multiple millions need to be concerned about that.

I reckon I could comfortably retire on €1m and maybe even less, and I know their expectations are higher and they've cut their cloth accordingly, but for someone like Fed who is reported to be worth around $150m already....

How much money can you actually spend in a lifetime?
                                                                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X