This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
    Is it not rumoured to be Whelans neice no?
    daughter would be better

Comment

Average games played during the 2009 / 10 season:

England Squad: 45 games per player
      German Squad: 51 games per player
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The rumour about Gerrard knocking up a 16 year old has been around since before Christmas, and apperantly it was doing the rounds on a smaller scale a few years ago as well in 05. I've only heard the Whelan's daughter bit recently. This is about the 3rd or 4th time the story has been rumours to be breaking within the next day or two, I won't hold my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

That surprising with the German league have only 18 teams. I mean the likes of Joe Cole's injury will take Englands average way down and he barely played in the world cup so it's a bit of a decieving stat tbh!
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
            The rumour about Gerrard knocking up a 16 year old has been around since before Christmas, and apperantly it was doing the rounds on a smaller scale a few years ago as well in 05. I've only heard the Whelan's daughter bit recently. This is about the 3rd or 4th time the story has been rumours to be breaking within the next day or two, I won't hold my breath.
            Very true,
            however strong rumours of the story are circulating from sources that usually get this kind of thing right...popbitch for one.

Which premiership star is being linked to a
            pregnant 16 year-old while his wife is
            linked to a Championship player? We're
            told to expect a high-profile move abroad
            this summer...

that's from april

Apparently already signed for Inter
            Last edited by DeadParrot; 28-06-10, 14:39.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

Don't they have a 3 week Winter break?

Is the Kaiser talking through his arse?.

Comment

nice one robben

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                  nice one robben
                  if there was ever a year for the Dutch to do something, this is it

nice soft draw to this point too
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    if there was ever a year for the Dutch to do something, this is it

nice soft draw to this point too
                    Yeah they've been amazingly quiet so far, usually lots of internal grumblings and racial indifferences. It's a pity they'll probably face the champions elect in the next round!
                    Last edited by The Situation; 28-06-10, 14:29.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Aide : Great work by Robben
                      Mandela : WTF?

Comment

Bloke walks into a brothel and says to the madam, "My taste is a little out of the ordinary, How much is it for total and utter humiliation?"

Madam says "About thirty nine quid"

Bloke says "Wow, is that all? What do I get for that?"

Madam says "An England jersey"

Comment

the dutch have been doing enough, grinding results in a very non dutch manner, been hughly impressed with there organisation. Think with robben they have one of the form players in world and van persie and sjneider are both match winners. Brazil will be a huge test for them as brazil somewhat remind me of them couple of match winners but rely mostly on organisation and grinding teams down through possesion. Wont be a great match between them but could hold likely winners.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                            Quick question:

Any way to prevent the shakes? whenever im involved in a pot, regardless of whether im bluffing or have a strong hand when im cutting my chips my hand shakes ..Not sure if its majorly noticeable but i cant control it, even if im not feeling nervous it happens, its really frustrating.

Is this common and does it settle over time?

Maybe a couple of shots pregame would do the trick
                            You are just nervous. Shaking is caused by an adrenaline rush. Keep a steady rhythm of how you play hands, always take a minimum of a set number of seconds/chip ruffles/whatever/breaths before you put chips in the pot. If you feel like you are getting a rush of adrenaline, take a little longer and take a few deep and calm breaths. Even if you have an obvious decision, think through it a little before you do something, as then you will have a more definite idea of the hand in your mind, and can accept any decision they take better. All those things are just little tricks to calm yourself.
                            Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                              Aide : Great work by Robben
                              Mandela : WTF?
                              He needs his teammates too though.

No man is an island

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                You are just nervous. Shaking is caused by an adrenaline rush. Keep a steady rhythm of how you play hands, always take a minimum of a set number of seconds/chip ruffles/whatever/breaths before you put chips in the pot. If you feel like you are getting a rush of adrenaline, take a little longer and take a few deep and calm breaths. Even if you have an obvious decision, think through it a little before you do something, as then you will have a more definite idea of the hand in your mind, and can accept any decision they take better. All those things are just little tricks to calm yourself.
                                either that or the Bill Werbeniuk method imo

Comment

anybody see "get hm to the greek" yet? stuck between that an shrek for the cinema tonight

Comment

Also, BB, you had 33 on the BB vs 2 shoves with 6bb? (Thats a lot of BBs) Obv fold. Unlucky that they both had AK, but you can't call there with 6bb.
                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

anybody see "get hm to the greek" yet? stuck between that an shrek for the cinema tonight
                                      WHAT???

Missing the fitz 80 FO with 1k added

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                        WHAT???

Missing the fitz 80 FO with 1k added
                                        theres more to life than teh pokers

Comment

This aint a choice shrek all the way love that donkey.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                            This aint a choice shrek all the way love that donkey.
                                            He isn't a donkey, he's an ogre

Comment

Comment

i don't think you could pay me to sit through something with russell brand in it...

Comment

Just saw this on facebook. Made me lol

Spilt beer down my new 40 quid England shirt this afternoon -washed it and left it outside to dry. Just been outside to get it off the line and some bastard has nicked the pegs.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                    i don't think you could pay me to sit through something with russell brand in it...

I'd give my savings to watch his execution.

Comment

Russell Brand is a hero.
                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Russel is just one of those names that doesn't work

Comment

It's not the worst name though - I'd hate to be called Julian!

Comment

I thought forgetting sarah marshal was funny enough and he was in that?

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                              or Nigel

Comment

like Bertie
                                                                FYP and I have to say I'm disappointed in you. El Stuntman would never have let this opportunity go. I blame the FG leadership debacle for knocking you off kilter.

Comment

I thought forgetting sarah marshal was funny enough and he was in that?
                                                                  thought he was very good in it to be fair.

He's an awful pain in the hole usually though.

Comment

or Nigel
                                                                    Pretty soon you'll manage to insult a few poeple on IPB!

Comment

FYP and I have to say I'm disappointed in you. El Stuntman would never have let this opportunity go. I blame the FG leadership debacle for knocking you off kilter.
                                                                      bertie is kinda quaint and cuddly though, you could never imagine someone with that name doing something nefarious could you?

Comment

Just going to send these two posts on to a guy I was in school with called Julian Russell.
                                                                        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                          thought he was very good in it to be fair.

He's an awful pain in the hole usually though.
                                                                          He is mildly and manicly amusing, If the English soccer team had half his confidence they have won the World Cup this year (whilst annoying us with their expletives about their ballbags - pun intended)

Comment

I hear another Death row inmate in the states is opting to be shot by firing squad. He's requested that they use Gerrard, Lampard, Crouch and Rooney.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Jeremy

Comment

Kuyt is such a class act, the type of guy you want for big games. He doesn't panic there, just takes his time and instead of a risky shot he lays on the perfect pass.
                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Bertie isn't a bad name at all - Bertie Bassett, Bertie Wooster...legends!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                    Jeremy
                                                                                    although Jerry is perfectly acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      I hear another Death row inmate in the states is opting to be shot by firing squad. He's requested that they use Gerrard, Lampard, Crouch and Rooney.
                                                                                      Lol, you need another name instead of Lampard though, he actually scored a goal that was not given, with a bullet there would be now doubt.
                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                        Pretty soon you'll manage to insult a few poeple on IPB!
                                                                                        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQW2t4SxvJ0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQW2t4SxvJ0[/ame]

Comment

Bertie isn't a bad name at all - Bertie Bassett, Bertie Wooster...legends!
                                                                                          Willie is a difficult name to get through life with, from the kindergarden to the Fitz some Wag in nappies (still the Fitz) thinks I've never heard Willie or won't he, or other inciteful humourous witty comments on the obvious connotations with the name, however when I met another guy called Willie two weeks ago, it took all my powers of self restraint to Not unload the same onto him. So it's alright you are all forgiven. It's a silly funny name and sounds like your lad. I'm calling my son Sue.

Comment

Stupid last minute goal cost me 3 points in the predictions. Not that I have a hope of winning, but I'd still like as many points as possible.

Comment

You'd think they'd be happy to let a plane full of Israelis go to Auschwitz

Turkey blocked an Israeli military flight from Turkish airspace, in apparent retaliation for Israel's raid on a Gaza aid convoy.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I'd be the winner in any worst name competition in the BBV - Louis Lavelle.
                                                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                  Russell Brand is a hero.
                                                                                                  Damn it, i agree with SM on something

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    Stupid last minute goal cost me 3 points in the predictions. Not that I have a hope of winning, but I'd still like as many points as possible.
                                                                                                    +1.
                                                                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I was a fan of Russel Brand back in his crack cocain/heroin taking MTV days just because he was liable to do or say anything and it often made for some really good cringe tv.
                                                                                                      He also made these low budget documentaries years back I enjoyed, like him or hate him it was very original stuff. This is a part of one episode where he invited a homeless guy to live with him for a few days![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obsLjK4s4IA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obsLjK4s4IA[/ame]
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                        Damn it, i agree with SM on something
                                                                                                        List of enemies
                                                                                                        Ghostface Ste
                                                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Breaking news!

The English Team plane has been diverted from Heathrow to Glasgow, apparently they want to be greeted by cheering fans.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                            And if you're a thoracic breather (you breath from your chest) learn to retrain your breathing so you engage in diaphragmatic breathing or at least abdominal breathing. You can find sites online which show you how.

If you don't exercise then try to get good exercise about 3 times per week. I would also suggest learning how to do progressive relaxation over a period of time to train yourself how to relax your body at will.

Learn mindfulness. You said your hands tremble in pots even when you aren't nervous. That's not true, you are nervous, but you're just not paying attention to what your body is telling you about your emotions. You sound somewhat disembodied, so I suggest learning mindfulness and engaging in it daily to help you become aware of what you're feeling and thinking moment by moment in a nonjudgemental way. There are lots of stuff online about it.

I recommend going to filestube and downloading The Mindful Way Through Depression for the audio files which take you through mindful exercises.

All of these things will result in you being less anxious. The actual reason is that they all affect vagal tonality and increase the ability of your parasympathetic nervous system to calm you down.

I also recommend paying attention to the automatic thoughts you are having which are producing the anxiety. Your thoughts are what is causing your anxiety and your hand shaking. Pay attention to the stream of thoughts and the feelings they produce. When you get home do a thought record:

You are clearly blowing hands out of proportion to their real importance. Become aware of exactly how you are thinking in such ways, notice the feelings they produce, look for cognitive distortions in that thinking:
                                                                                                            This list of cognitive distortions might be causing your negative thoughts. Here's how to identify and stop these distorted thoughts.

and then dispute those cognitive distortions:

and notice how you feel differently after that.

This is CBT. A logotherapy method is to not try to stop the anxious trembling but to play with it - say to yourself that you are going to tremble so much that Michael J Fox will be doing a Nelson Mutzesque laugh at you. Imagine your trembling hands knocking every chip either side of you to the floor, it knocking over the waitresses tray of drinks etc. Then, magically, it is likely to disappear.

Comment

Willie is a difficult name to get through life with, from the kindergarden to the Fitz some Wag in nappies (still the Fitz) thinks I've never heard Willie or won't he, or other inciteful humourous witty comments on the obvious connotations with the name, however when I met another guy called Willie two weeks ago, it took all my powers of self restraint to Not unload the same onto him. So it's alright you are all forgiven. It's a silly funny name and sounds like your lad. I'm calling my son Sue.
                                                                                                              You should call your daughter Dee.

Mate of mine second name is Finn. He's gonna call his son Adolf. Good ole chuckles there.
                                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

A bit of aftertiming here.

Brag:Put a bet on Germany, Argentina, Holland and Bazil to win so just have to wait for one more.

Beat: Only put a Fiver on it

Comment

Anyone know the normal finishing time for the Fitz on a Monday night assuming a decent run in the tourn? I imagine add a couple of hours onto that tonight

Comment

My new Profile picture on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                                                      I'm pretty sure I'd be the winner in any worst name competition in the BBV - Louis Lavelle.
                                                                                                                      Are you kidding? Thats absolute class, I can imagine it in anything from Joyce to a Bogart movie or even an episode of Seinfeld.
                                                                                                                      Obv its gotta be pronounced Louie rather than Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                        That surprising with the German league have only 18 teams. I mean the likes of Joe Cole's injury will take Englands average way down and he barely played in the world cup so it's a bit of a decieving stat tbh!
                                                                                                                        Yeah injuries explain the stat to a certain extent. But all the same, there is a salient point there in terms of the myth that English players enter these tournaments significantly more tired than their counterparts from other nations. There certainly isn't enough of an extra demand on English players for it to be a real reason for their consistent failure at this level.
                                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ah ha! This stuff about names reminded me of what the story I said I'd tell Flushdraw at the felt but couldn't remember what it was when I met him a couple of weeks ago.
                                                                                                                          My Nieces have a friend with what I reckon is a hilarious name but because its the Lads real name and even though hes not all that sensitive about people laughing about it and some of you might even know him I'd not be putting it up here.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 28-06-10, 16:42.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X