This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Over the last couple of years, i've been telling the kids bedtime stories. They've been telling their friends and i'm looking into the idea of getting my stories/ideas into a book to see if there's any interest.

The stories base themselves around a particular character who is the focal point in every story. If it takes off, there's a chance cuddly toys/merchandise from it, and further down the line the line maybe cartoons or something.

From what i read, you can't patent ideas or characters, you can only copyright them, so would i need to get a book published in order to copyright the character and ideas? Alternatively, is there a way to get the character/idea patented before i go down the long line of getting a book published?

Any other useful ideas/info/sites that might help me along the way. Cheers

Tony
    I really dont think it's appropriate to be telling your kids stories about solskjaer

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Make a first draft of a book along with an overview of your characters drawings etc and send out a couple of copies to children's book publishers with a copyright notice printed on the document.
      That was what i was thinking but didn't know if i could trust them not to steal it (obv don't think my idea is the best thing in the world, but would like to give it a go). I know what the character looks like, but Gillian had an idea where we get a couple of the local schools involved to design some characters and get them published in the book to get people talking and get the idea a bit more widespread

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
        I really dont think it's appropriate to be telling your kids stories about solskjaer
        I don't think "He used to always come on a sub and score a few goals despite looking like a 12 year old" would really do it for them!

Comment

Over the last couple of years, i've been telling the kids bedtime stories. They've been telling their friends and i'm looking into the idea of getting my stories/ideas into a book to see if there's any interest.

The stories base themselves around a particular character who is the focal point in every story. If it takes off, there's a chance cuddly toys/merchandise from it, and further down the line the line maybe cartoons or something.

From what i read, you can't patent ideas or characters, you can only copyright them, so would i need to get a book published in order to copyright the character and ideas? Alternatively, is there a way to get the character/idea patented before i go down the long line of getting a book published?

Any other useful ideas/info/sites that might help me along the way. Cheers

Tony
          does any of these stories involve a character called "daddy flushdraw" and how he won the main event by knocking out the baddie "phil the walloper ivey" when he hit a royal flush vs the wallopers flopped straight flush???

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            The English have always had a dismal attitude towards UEFAs coaching system/badges.

You probably recall the fuss when UEFA wouldn't rubberstamp Glen Roeder and Gareth Southgate as managers because they didn't have the 'A' License. The PL chairman overruled UEFA and allowed the clubs to appoint Roeder and Southgate after tabloid campaigns that could be summed up as "these guys have been pros for 15 years, how dare those interfering clowns at UEFA tell us they can't be managers just because they haven't done some silly course".
            Yup. Time for them to change their tune imo.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

That was what i was thinking but didn't know if i could trust them not to steal it (obv don't think my idea is the best thing in the world, but would like to give it a go). I know what the character looks like, but Gillian had an idea where we get a couple of the local schools involved to design some characters and get them published in the book to get people talking and get the idea a bit more widespread
              Tony you have my permission to use Oswald the Owl , created by me in 1st class, he had 5 owlets and both his owlone and owlfella were still alive. I killed him off as I took to the cidona when my teacher refused to allow Oswald to curse. All silver and gold stars were withheld and my A+ became a D. ALL because Oswald wanted to kick the bollox out of a few other forest creatures. I was writing for my public (my classmates) so this early exposure to censorship killed off my enthusiasm. Feel free to use Oswald in a more passive role in your book. Maybe a BBV type oracle for the innocent forestlings to question. Nigel the grasshopper was hooked on sugar and his teeth fell out , I was ahead of myself with the fellow also.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                not to burst your bubble or anything but I doubt there's going to be a huge market for kids storybook characters called 'Danny the Degen' or 'Paddy the Punter'
                Pity there wasn't a copyright on this joke

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                  Obv check with a professional but ...
                  AFAIK you don't need to be published to assert copyright.
                  Make a first draft of a book along with an overview of your characters drawings etc and send out a couple of copies to children's book publishers with a copyright notice printed on the document. I think that if you created a Website and started publishing it there you would also be able to assert copyright.
                  AFAIK
                  mail it to yourself first using registered post, DO NOT open the post when it arrives, put it safely away

its not copyright but is legally some form of proof that you dreamt up the characters/story at a certain date/time.

search the web for the above, bound to be written about somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                    AFAIK
                    mail it to yourself first using registered post, DO NOT open the post when it arrives, put it safely away

its not copyright but is legally some form of proof that you dreamt up the characters/story at a certain date/time.

Yeah my brother did this with his band. They recorded a song/put the lyrics in writing and them mailed themselves a registered letter which is still unopened. I didn't think it held any legal status, but i'll have a look and double check. Cheers

Comment

AFAIK

I've heard this before, fairly sure it's a legally acceptable way of copyrighting something yourself.

Up north we have 'Citizen's Advice' - basically free legal advice service, contactable via email etc, tbh they're pretty good.
                      Assuming there isn't an equivalent of that down here, I'd drop them an email, can't hurt imo.
                      Last edited by one ill cat; 28-06-10, 10:36.
                      . .

Comment

I used tell some cracking Robin&Rosie bedtime stories to my little brother. Always making Mr. Ship out to be a job dodging lay about drunken womanizer. Always had the little bastard in stitches.

Robin & Rosie: Oh look theres Mr Ship lets go to talk to him

Robin & Rosie: Hello Mr Ship?

Mr Ship: Hello Kids did you bring my whiskey like i asked you?

Robin & Rosie: Well no but mummy said she'd be over later with a picnic

Mr Ship: Blast it but i suppose thats better than nothing. Hope your father isnt coming over too?

Robin & Rosie: what are you building Mr Ship

Mr Ship: Traps for blagards who been poking their noses around here lately, i spotted their footprints in the sand. These traps should be good enough to break their legs those little blighters.

Robin & Rosie: Oh look here comes mummy

Mr Ship: Already? i thought you said later?, Ok kids make yourselves scarce......now wheres me old spice

Comment

Does your house number have any bearing on your property’s risk of fire, flooding or

Link
                          Does your house number have any bearing on your property’s risk of fire, flooding or burglary?
                          If your home is your castle you have probably spent time and effort getting it just the way you want it.

The idea of that being shattered by an event like a fire, flooding or a burglary is unthinkable to many of us. Quite apart from the obvious worries over our family’s safety, catastrophes affecting our homes can have an enormous emotional and financial impact.

It makes sense to do all you can to protect your property, and to cover yourself should the worst happen. But has it ever occurred to you that some house numbers are just luckier than others?

Lucky number seven?

Yes, I know that sounds rather ridiculous and please don’t shoot the messenger, but the clever chaps and chappesses at insurance giant AXA have worked out which house numbers are the most and least unlucky by analysing home insurance claims made.

Received wisdom tells us that seven is a lucky number and 13 unlucky for some. Indeed, the insurer’s research revealed that 12% of people would be put off buying a house numbered 13 while 6% would look for a house number seven or their own particular lucky number. Who are these people and what are their other priorities when buying a property?

Anyway, they’re wrong. AXA reckons that if you live at number 33 you are the most unlucky, since this house number has the worst record in terms of burglaries, fires and flooding.

You can feel rather more smug if you reside in number 76, apparently the luckiest house number.

It has even produced a helpful list of the top 10 lucky and unlucky house numbers – clearly, essential reading if you are looking to buy!

Top 10 unlucky house numbers
                          1 33
                          2 34
                          3 86
                          4 22
                          5 92
                          6 94
                          7 55
                          8 65
                          9 84
                          10= 36
                          10= 96

Top 10 lucky house numbers
                          1 76
                          2 81
                          3 47
                          4 75
                          5= 89
                          5= 90
                          7 78
                          8 63
                          9 79
                          10 17
                          Interesting study. I stayed at a #17 for a while, it was quite good tbh.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                            Link

Interesting study. I stayed at a #17 for a while, it was quite good tbh.
                            17 for me for last 10 years.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Xzhnu9DVc&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Spanish players in warm up.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                Was pretty scary but also fun, did run into a wall though, very painful. Scored a penalty too which I normally can't do sighted!
                                How far did your team get? My mates won the thing, probably best I didnt go as I'd have been on there team and no doubt ballsed it up!

Each member of the winning team got €50 worth of Paddy Power bets so they put it all together and bet on Ghana to win in 90 minutes. Sigh

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                  17 for me for last 10 years.
                                  The 17 I was at was had a few burglarys in it's time (not while I was there), it's possible this one down to the sh1t poor windows and back door rather than the number on the house.
                                  I'm in a 19 now but going to wait for a 33 before I move.

I wonder if I contact people on daft asking them what number the property is, will they be obliging?
                                  They probably will be if they have a decent number, so I guess it's a decent strategy.
                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Yeah my brother did this with his band. They recorded a song/put the lyrics in writing and them mailed themselves a registered letter which is still unopened. I didn't think it held any legal status, but i'll have a look and double check. Cheers
                                    It puts a recorded date and time on your idea, they then have to prove they had the idea before they had contact with you

not even sure it has to be registered but better safe than skint

Comment

Originally posted by p_larkin99 View Post
                                      How far did your team get? My mates won the thing, probably best I didnt go as I'd have been on there team and no doubt ballsed it up!

Each member of the winning team got €50 worth of Paddy Power bets so they put it all together and bet on Ghana to win in 90 minutes. Sigh
                                      Got knocked out on penalties in the first round, we entered two teams and asked could we play each other in the first match thinking it was going to be a mini-league rather than straight knock-out. The others made it to the final so must have lost to your mates. I discovered afterwards in the pub that a couple of the guys were cheating their holes off when they played us, was not impressed, especially considering I destroyed myself when I ran into the wall!
                                      "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by The Guardian
                                        Prior to this tournament, there were only 2,769 English coaches holding Uefa's top qualifications. Spain has produced 23,995, Italy 29,420, Germany 34,970 and France 17,588
                                        Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                        Probably the crux of the issue really when you get right down to it.
                                        Agree completely! Interesting to see the stats. English football is still saturated by coaches favouring an archaic approach to the game. It's always struck me as a sort of anti-intellectualism.

Comment

It puts a recorded date and time on your idea, they then have to prove they had the idea before they had contact with you

not even sure it has to be registered but better safe than skint
                                          What is to stop anyone sending themselfs a recorded delivery and not sealing the envelope ? I really cant see that having any legal standing whatsoever, too many loopholes.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                            What is to stop anyone sending themselfs a recorded delivery and not sealing the envelope ? I really cant see that having any legal standing whatsoever, too many loopholes.
                                            I'm sure Kayroo could oblige with some advice on this one.

I always heard the registered letter was the way to do it regarding song lyrics etc.
                                            So long as there is a clear time/date stamp made on it.
                                            Think the Swift Post method would be best these days as you can follow the pathway of the delivery on the internet.

An post wouldn't register a letter that wasn't sealed as far as I know.

Comment

Rigger thinking about all the avenues, brain must be always on the go
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Bozzer View Post
                                                Agree completely! Interesting to see the stats. English football is still saturated by coaches favouring an archaic approach to the game. It's always struck me as a sort of anti-intellectualism.
                                                Its not even just the coaches, the whole culture of football in England suffers from out-dated prehistoric views.

England, and Ireland, have a completely different way of looking at how football should be played and coached. Technical proficiency and football intelligence arent top priorities like they are in many other nations, the Netherlands or Spain for examples. Physicality and the "dogged" attitude are valued most, and while this is successful to a degree to be a really high level team you need to be technically brilliant and have a high level of football awareness.

The thing is, its such a waste for England as their passion for the game is probably only beaten by the Brazilians and even then its pretty close. If they coached their players better from a younger age, given the level of interest in England and the love for the game, they could easily be the best side in the world.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                                                  blinds were 1.5k - 3, i was in the big blind with like 15k.

Early position raiser, then a reraise from a rock (putting me all in )...i folded, turned out they both had AK and i was miles ahead
                                                  dont let yourself get down to 6bb in the first place but you have to call it off there imo

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                  meh the guy beside you was in total shock when he saw the QQ - she probably would have spike a 10 though.

nope i'm gone - gifted 30k to some chap(think u were there for that? ) -
                                                  then lost another 30k in a 3 way pot - assumed i was ahead on the turn, only for guy in seat 1 to flop Quads - meh

and then 88<A9 (same guy that had K10 v ur AA) - was fun game though.
                                                  the only thing worse than folding QQ there is showing it you tit

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                  Round 2 qualifier fixtures:

Kildare/Antrim v Leitrim
                                                  Dublin v Tipperary
                                                  Cork v Cavan
                                                  Offaly v Waterford
                                                  Galway/Sligo v Wexford
                                                  Fermanagh v Armagh
                                                  Down v Longford
                                                  Westmeath v Derry

Fer V Arm the pick of them really.
                                                  Armagh will destroy fermanagh - most of them games are foregone conclusions

Comment

What's the difference between Edward Woodward and frank lampard?

Woodward got to be the equaliser

Comment

in space of like 10 seconds had AA loose to 22 on 3 differnt tables, love getting AA that often mind.

Comment

Has there been any statements by Fifa yet?
                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Hyzepher View Post
                                                          Ace & BrianByrne - nice meeting you in the Voodoo last night. I was in seat 9.

first time there and it was a great tournie for the low buy-in etc. The table was great fun and some really great plays etc. Should be back again. Finish 11th when my AK hit KK - should have done better the way I was playing but at thta stage I felt I needed to make plays with the big hands.
                                                          O right cool, yea was fun (till i gave u 30K) nice meeting you

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                          dont let yourself get down to 6bb in the first place but you have to call it off there imo
                                                          Not much you can do when you go all in and get a donkey to call off with K10, lose and be on 6 bb's

the only thing worse than folding QQ there is showing it you tit
                                                          i show 64o so i might as well show QQ - makes zero difference really.

Armagh will destroy fermanagh - most of them games are foregone conclusions
                                                          Just like Mayo game?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                            Has there been any statements by Fifa yet?
                                                            FIFA refusing to comment

Comment

X Factor auditions are on in the National Conference Centre today (think it's the first public event to be held there as well)

entertainment quotient of watching obviously talentless, dressed-up-to-the-nines teenage gobshites (plus their equally dumb parents) on the way over is priceless, might have to go over for a closer look this afternoon

misanthropy ftw
                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just a quick post to lol at people who thought england had much of a chance yesterday and lloyd for picking out the USA as potential semi-finalists. LOL.

On the england thing:
                                                                Don't think you can blame the manager when it was the players who didn't perform. Gerrard has made a career of being over-rated. When he doesn't have a player near him who can tackle and pass he get's found out.(Hamann/Alonso)
                                                                Lampard also needs a good defensive mid to do his thing.
                                                                Barry is lol
                                                                Milner is just not good enough
                                                                England actually needed Hargreaves fully fit, don't think they have any other options
                                                                Carrick can't play that role, he's not good enough positionally and is too slow.

Comment

Brazil v Chile.

Over 2.5 goals 10/11
                                                                  Over 3.5 goals 5/2.

Like?
                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                    Just a quick post to lol at people who thought england had much of a chance yesterday and lloyd for picking out the USA as potential semi-finalists. LOL.
                                                                    Yeah you're right, both teams were beaten in an equally convincing fashion.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Well not really.

When you show QQ and fold and get shown 1010, you look like an idiot, you feel like an idiot, and you feel tilted. When you have 64o, i don't know why you'd show either, but it won't tilt you if they show 42o.

The sense of "I'm great" and other people on the table saying "Nice fold" doesn't compensate for the times you look like an idiot

Comment

Well not really.

When you show QQ and fold and get shown 1010, you look like an idiot, you feel like an idiot, and you feel tilted. When you have 64o, i don't know why you'd show either, but it won't tilt you if they show 42o.

The sense of "I'm great" and other people on the table saying "Nice fold" doesn't compensate for the times you look like an idiot
                                                                        I don't tilt, and it didn't annoy me at all - if i go wit my read thinking i'm behind then i'll fold, otherwise i call.

btw was talkin to wes he's still alive and well so you won't be gettin his car

Comment

I don't tilt, and it didn't annoy me at all - if i go wit my read thinking i'm behind then i'll fold, otherwise i call.
                                                                          Wow you've changed since the last time i played with you!

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                            Brazil v Chile.

Over 2.5 goals 10/11
                                                                            Over 3.5 goals 5/2.

Like?
                                                                            3-0
                                                                            4-2
                                                                            4-0
                                                                            3-0
                                                                            6-1
                                                                            1-1
                                                                            5-0

Meetings between the two teams stretching back to 2006. Averaging more than 4 goals per game...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                              3-0
                                                                              4-2
                                                                              4-0
                                                                              3-0
                                                                              6-1
                                                                              1-1
                                                                              5-0

Meetings between the two teams stretching back to 2006. Averaging more than 4 goals per game...
                                                                              Can't believe you just jinxed this into a bore 0-0 draw. Boourns!

Comment

Wow you've changed since the last time i played with you!
                                                                                2 years?

Comment

Bit of a lol @ endless england post mortem tbh - so i may as well throw in my 2c.
                                                                                  They are not a top tier team and haven't been since I started watching soccer. I know I'm not as knowledgeable as a lot of the posters here about it but I think a lot of ye get caught up in the hype and are still fooled by it. They will be amongst the favourites again in euro 2012 and wc 2014. God only knows why.

In qualifying they are always a top seed so they have an easier passage to the tournament in the first place. At the tournament they are always a top seed - based on what, simply baffles me. They didn't even qualify for euro 2008 yet they are a top seed for the world cup but France and Portugal beaten finalists and semi-finalists last time around are second seeds.
                                                                                  England have not made any significant impact on a tournament since 1996 and are top seeds time and time again. They have not reached a final of a tournament since 1966. They have reached one semi-final ever in a tournament not played on home soil and that was 20 years ago.

I don't know how many of ye remember the portugal-england game from euro 2000 when england were 2-0 up after twenty minutes and then got owned for the remaining 70 and lost 3-2. It sticks out for me anyway as the match where I realized england were not as good as we were being told and as far as I'd be concerned nothing has changed in ten years - well maybe they've actually gone further backwards. And they had good players back in 2000 too - better players than this years lot imo.

And after the Slovenia game when I saw the experts on tv saying that now they were free from the pressure and might be more suited to play against better teams, all I could think of was the poker posters(not on this site) who cant beat 50nl but feel they could beat 5/10 cause their opponents would be more sophisticated. Such bullshit and yet we're expected to swallow it.

tbh I feel sorry for england fans put through this torture every couple of years although I think the whole fool me once, shame on you etc mantra should be applied. Maybe if england could accept what they are - a cut below the real powerhouses - they would have better tournaments in general. Although maybe they won't accept that until they are seeded appropriately

/rant ( sorry dannydiamond)

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                    I'm sure Kayroo could oblige with some advice on this one.

I always heard the registered letter was the way to do it regarding song lyrics etc.
                                                                                    So long as there is a clear time/date stamp made on it.
                                                                                    Think the Swift Post method would be best these days as you can follow the pathway of the delivery on the internet.

An post wouldn't register a letter that wasn't sealed as far as I know.
                                                                                    You need to prove you had the idea first and that it was original.

Please bear in mind that I am not an intellectual property expert in the traditional written form, my IP area is really internet generated content.

However, the basic principles are likely the same except with the internet there's almost never a question of when the material was generated. Using the registered post seems a good idea so long as the seal on the envelope was never broken it would certainly go some way to proving you had the idea first on the balance of probabilities.

You might also want to email someone you trust with a draft outline of the concept. The unique time signature on the email would also help to prove when you had the idea.

Obv not legal advice but just throwing an eye on it from my perspective that seems a reasonable course of action.

Also, just so ya know, the copyright persists for 70 years after the death of the author according to the Copyrights and Related Rights Act 2000. So the kids would be happy out if you made a mint from it too.
                                                                                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

monster queue outside the NCC now

come on Rain Gods, one time

Comment

2 years?
                                                                                        Probably has been. Some game in the Fitz i think. Then again, if people can't change in 2 years there's something wrong! We've probably played online tho seeing as you play similar O8 games on ipoker.

Comment

Missing Missy (David Thorne strikes again)

From: Shannon Walkley
                                                                                          Date: Monday 21 June 2010 9.15am
                                                                                          To: David Thorne
                                                                                          Subject: Poster

Hi
                                                                                          I opened the screen door yesterday and my cat got out and has been missing since then so I was wondering if you are not to busy you could make a poster for me. It has to be A4 and I will photocopy it and put it around my suburb this afternoon.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
                                                                                          This is the only photo of her I have she answers to the name Missy and is black and white and about 8 months old. missing on Harper street and my phone number.
                                                                                          Thanks Shan.

From: David Thorne
                                                                                          Date: Monday 21 June 2010 9.26am
                                                                                          To: Shannon Walkley
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Poster

Dear Shannon,
                                                                                          That is shocking news. Luckily I was sitting down when I read your email and not half way up a ladder or tree. How are you holding up? I am surprised you managed to attend work at all what with thinking about Missy out there cold, frightened and alone... possibly lying on the side of the road, her back legs squashed by a vehicle, calling out "Shannon, where are you?"
                                                                                          Although I have two clients expecting completed work this afternoon, I will, of course, drop everything and do whatever it takes to facilitate the speedy return of Missy.
                                                                                          Regards, David.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 9.37am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Poster

yeah ok thanks. I know you dont like cats but I am really worried about mine. I have to leave at 1pm today.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 10.17am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Poster

Dear Shannon,
                                                                                          I never said I don't like cats. Once, having been invited to a party, I went clothes shopping beforehand and bought a pair of expensive G-Star boots. They were two sizes too small but I wanted them so badly I figured I could just wear them without socks and cut my toenails very short. As the party was only a few blocks from my place, I decided to walk. After the first block, I lost all feeling in my feet. Arriving at the party, I stumbled into a guy named Steven, spilling Malibu & coke onto his white Wham 'Choose Life' t-shirt, and he punched me. An hour or so after the incident, Steven sat down in a chair already occupied by a cat. The surprised cat clawed and snarled causing Steven to leap out of the chair, slip on a rug and strike his forehead onto the corner of a speaker; resulting in a two inch open gash. In its shock, the cat also defecated, leaving Steven with a foul stain down the back of his beige cargo pants. I liked that cat.
                                                                                          Attached poster as requested.
                                                                                          Regards, David.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 10.24am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

yeah thats not what I was looking for at all. it looks like a movie and how come the photo of Missy is so small?

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 10.28am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

Dear Shannon,
                                                                                          It's a design thing. The cat is lost in the negative space.
                                                                                          Regards, David.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 10.33am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

Thats just stupid. Can you do it properly please? I am extremely emotional over this and was up all night in tears. you seem to think it is funny. Can you make the photo bigger please and fix the text and do it in colour please. Thanks.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 10.46am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

Dear Shannon,
                                                                                          Having worked with designers for a few years now, I would have assumed you understood, despite our vague suggestions otherwise, we do not welcome constructive criticism. I don't come downstairs and tell you how to send text messages, log onto Facebook and look out of the window. I am willing to overlook this faux pas due to you no doubt being preoccupied with thoughts of Missy attempting to make her way home across busy intersections or being trapped in a drain as it slowly fills with water. I spent three days down a well once but that was just for fun.
                                                                                          I have amended and attached the poster as per your instructions.
                                                                                          Regards, David.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 10.59am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

This is worse than the other one. can you make it so it shows the whole photo of Missy and delete the stupid text that says missing missy off it? I just want it to say Lost.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 11.14am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 11.21am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Poster

yeah can you do the poster or not? I just want a photo and the word lost and the telephone number and when and where she was lost and her name. Not like a movie poster or anything stupid. I have to leave early today. If it was your cat I would help you. Thanks.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 11.32am
                                                                                          Subject: Awww

Dear Shannon,
                                                                                          I don't have a cat. I once agreed to look after a friend's cat for a week but after he dropped it off at my apartment and explained the concept of kitty litter, I kept the cat in a closed cardboard box in the shed and forgot about it. If I wanted to feed something and clean faeces, I wouldn't have put my mother in that home after her stroke. A week later, when my friend came to collect his cat, I pretended that I was not home and mailed the box to him. Apparently I failed to put enough stamps on the package and he had to collect it from the post office and pay eighteen dollars. He still goes on about that sometimes, people need to learn to let go.
                                                                                          I have attached the amended version of your poster as per your detailed instructions.
                                                                                          Regards, David.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 11.47am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Awww

Thats not my cat. where did you get that picture from? That cat is orange. I gave you a photo of my cat.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 11.58am
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Awww

I know, but that one is cute. As Missy has quite possibly met any one of several violent ends, it is possible you might get a better cat out of this. If anybody calls and says "I haven't seen your orange cat but I did find a black and white one with its hind legs run over by a car, do you want it?" you can politely decline and save yourself a costly veterinarian bill.
                                                                                          I knew someone who had a basset hound that had its hind legs removed after an accident and it had to walk around with one of those little buggies with wheels. If it had been my dog I would have asked for all its legs to be removed and replaced with wheels and had a remote control installed. I could charge neighbourhood kids for rides and enter it in races. If I did the same with a horse I could drive it to work. I would call it Steven.
                                                                                          Regards, David.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 12.07pm
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Awww

Please just use the photo I gave you.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 12.22pm
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Awww

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 12.34pm
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Awww

I didnt say there was a reward. I dont have $2000 dollars. What did you even put that there for? Apart from that it is perfect can you please remove the reward bit. Thanks Shan.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 12.42pm
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Awww

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 12.51pm
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Awww

Can you just please take the reward bit off altogether? I have to leave in ten minutes and I still have to make photocopies of it.

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 12.56pm
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Awww

Date: Monday 21 June 2010 1.03pm
                                                                                          Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Awww

Fine. That will have to do.

Comment

makes a huge difference imo
                                                                                            now villian knows that whenever there is arun of events involving you in a hand you won't call a shove unless you have KK+

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Beat: So sick of work today
                                                                                              Variance: Its raining
                                                                                              Brag: Going to Vegas on Wednesday morning

Comment

WC 2cents from WC. (oh why not I'm an unappreicated genius imo)
                                                                                                My solution if tried I guarantee you fourth spot in the tournament (sez he rafalike)

Lose the League Cup for premier League teams in the season when there is a tournment finals on.
                                                                                                Cut the PL down to 15 teams max.
                                                                                                Players should be banned from talking to the press unless sanctioned by the FA (and briefed)
                                                                                                Paul Scholes should be cloned
                                                                                                In the year of the tournament finals , the season should be paused in March and the final games recommence after the tournament
                                                                                                Sepp Blatter is soon up for reelection, get the Bush family to show you how to rig it. (or else get Liam Brady to shoot him)
                                                                                                Tell the press to fk off we're busy. They are not your friends, they are sado-masochistic in their ambition for their team.

The Kaiser himself sez the English are burnt out every world cup/euro cup. He is 100% correct imo. Burnout is more damaging when it's mental.
                                                                                                Check out the performance of the Chelsea/Utd players for their countries.
                                                                                                Unfortunately though England have only 2/3 excellent players as I said before the tournament the rest are mediocre.
                                                                                                There are some potential good Intl players around though, Shawcross for example. A Few others.

The real WC began this weekend, the cream will rise and SPAIN for the WC 2010 victory (and it shouldn't be even close) get on. 5 to 1 should be still available.
                                                                                                I've got Brazil and the Argies in a draw and I thought that would be a certain kiss of death, we'll see , sorry Argies Brazil, you are doomed.

Give ye a chance to LOL at me, I'm backing Chile to win tonight (eeeeeeeek)

Comment

btw was talkin to wes he's still alive and well so you won't be gettin his car
                                                                                                  Defo Hellmuth-esque now.

And if anyone folds a big hand pre and gets shown a worse one it annoys them, this is a fact of being human.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

lol, some Jedward wannabies just turned up in a speedboat

this has potential

Comment

Holland/Brazil 2.2 on betfair. Any reason why this shouldnt be lumpage?

Comment

Holland/Brazil 2.2 on betfair. Any reason why this shouldnt be lumpage?
                                                                                                        is that just to go through? (i.e. no matter whether it's ET\pennos etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                          Defo Hellmuth-esque now.

And if anyone folds a big hand pre and gets shown a worse one it annoys them, this is a fact of being human.
                                                                                                          The difference about reading players for being strong and weak is also massive depending on where you're playing, and there's plenty of value in Voodoo.

Donal might of read her for huge strength, but maybe 1010 is a massive hand for her so that's the read she gave off.

Similar to when someone is allin with AQ. You can get weak and strong signals from difference players depending on how they feel about the hand and the situation. I've seen some people thinking they have the mortal nuts with AQ so no-one can be blamed for reading them as being strong.

Comment

is that just to go through? (i.e. no matter whether it's ET\pennos etc)
                                                                                                            I think its just 90 mins but may include ET im not sure

Comment

I think its just 90 mins but may include ET im not sure
                                                                                                              I certainly wouldn't want to take it on a 'win in 90 mins' basis anyway

looking at PP's match odds to win in 90 mins (Neth 2/5, Bra 4/7), that's exactly 2.2 so you're not exactly getting valooooo anyway

Comment

lol, some Jedward wannabies just turned up in a speedboat

this has potential
                                                                                                                Wait until they see what Louis Walsh does to make their hair go up straight. There is something about Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                  Just heard from a English journo friend that a huge story about an England International is likely to break tomorrow or the next day. Mofo won't tell me what it is or who it is about but he does say its huge. He said they have been sitting on it unlike what happened with Terrygate until England's world cup campaign was over. He says it just has to clear the lawyers now.

I'm gonna bug him all day tomorrow to try and find out who it is.
                                                                                                                  gerrard & whelan's daughter imo
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    gerrard & whelan's daughter imo
                                                                                                                    is that true? I've heard it on a few occasions over the last few days

Comment

when I posted that here I thought people were goading me into leveling myself??

Comment

Is it not rumoured to be Whelans neice no?
                                                                                                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I think it's important to be a grammer Nazi when it comes to the German language. I'm pretty sure thread title should read eine Weltmeisterschaft.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 28-06-10, 13:58.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X