This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Argentina v Germany has the potential to be a fantastic game.
    Definitely - if they both continue with the open, attacking play it could be a cracker!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
      Definitely - if they both continue with the open, attacking play it could be a cracker!!!!
      neither are really capable of defending so shud be good, think they have been two most impressive teams this world cup. Dutch will stroll tommorrow but really aint played much so far.

Things are heating up!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
        Don't count out Fabiano yet either.
        yeah fabiano is a real contender. Germany argentina will be a fantastic game to watch...really confident argentina can go all the way now, a brazil argentima final would just be so sexy
        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Darn, didn't know this was Ossies last night on RTE. What a gent.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Properly fucked my left shoulder today in our league match. Went in for a sliding tackle and as I was sliding along face down afterward felt it pop out. Sat up and my shoulder was where my chest is, all rolled forward and scrunched up.

Pushed it with my right hand and it kinda slipped back into place. Couldnt move my hand for a few minuted afterwards though, was real weak. Then feeling slowly came back and I played on as thought I was imagining things. Cant move it now though. Can even lift a glass with it.
            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
              Properly fucked my left shoulder today in our league match. Went in for a sliding tackle and as I was sliding along face down afterward felt it pop out. Sat up and my shoulder was where my chest is, all rolled forward and scrunched up.

Pushed it with my right hand and it kinda slipped back into place. Couldnt move my hand for a few minuted afterwards though, was real weak. Then feeling slowly came back and I played on as thought I was imagining things. Cant move it now though. Can even lift a glass with it.
              That's gonna hurt in the morning. I remember the last time I broke a couple of bones in my foot ( an artic drove over it ) , I carried on working for the rest of the day thinking it'll be grand. Adrenaline is an amazing drug.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                That's gonna hurt in the morning. I remember the last time I broke a couple of bones in my foot ( an artic drove over it ) , I carried on working for the rest of the day thinking it'll be grand. Adrenaline is an amazing drug.
                I hope not, if its as bad or worse in the morning I wont be able to drive and Id rather not sit through a day of work in this pain. Calling in sick on a Monday is proper dodgy though so I might just grin and bear it.

It was so innocuous. Strange one. If your right though, and it gets worse, Im gonna properly be in bits in the morning. Even typing this shit one handed is frustrating as hell.
                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I hope not, if its as bad or worse in the morning I wont be able to drive and Id rather not sit through a day of work in this pain. Calling in sick on a Monday is proper dodgy though so I might just grin and bear it.

It was so innocuous. Strange one. If your right though, and it gets worse, Im gonna properly be in bits in the morning. Even typing this shit one handed is frustrating as hell.
                  Um, if you've broken or dislocated a bone you'll be able to get an official confirmation of same.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

bad day for the Roses. Justin imploding in the US.

cliffs on the last two weeks ?

Hi Danny.

LOLUSACHIMPS

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                      would love to have seen him live a few years back
                      but time has done his voice no favours

pity
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

Hi Danny.

LOLUSACHIMPS
                        The Dubs are shit

Comment

Get to an A and E now the sooner you get it seen to the better.

Could have serious damage to ligaments and tendons esp if was a full dislocation

i dislocated my ankle 4 months ago and still have trouble walking even with lots of physio and it been relocated an hour after the injury pure curse the sooner you get a professional
                          opinion and action the bigger dont just sleep on it and hope it recovers get medical advise and treatment now good luck.

Comment

The Dubs are shit
                            they are the Waterford of football

Comment

Hi Danny.

LOLUSACHIMPS
                              It's only a cnut of a game Willie.

I just watched 'highlights' a while ago for some reason, lol, I love the pain.
                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

they are the Waterford of football
                                With any luck we will draw ye in rd 2 of the qualifiers. Think we are guarenteed home advantage and our beloved (busto) county board will doubtless sell home advantage back to the Dubs for a bumper Croker payday

EDIT - also could be worse, they could be the Mayo of football

Comment

Hi Danny.

LOLUSACHIMPS
                                  Welcome back sir. Didn't miss you quite as much as anticipated. Well done

Comment

Argentina v Germany has the potential to be a fantastic game.
                                    Stevie Wonder Ray Charles on the line again ? hmmm that sounds rascist, someone give me a blind white mans name? oh yeah ->Gareth Barry.

Comment

play off

love to see Corey win but Bubba Watson(great name) would be acceptable, he plays golf like Happy Gilmore. missed some monies by 1 shot.

Soain and nadal double still a good bet

Comment

Stevie Wonder Ray Charles on the line again ? hmmm that sounds rascist, someone give me a blind white mans name? oh yeah ->Gareth Barry.
                                        Let it all out, just get it out of the way as fast as possible please.

Where were you btw, I was awaiting the Rob Greene jokes with baited breath?

If I wasn't so lazy i'd post the transcripts of the back and forth text messages between me and a German mate this afternoon,that'd give you a good laugh.

Arranging a round of golf for next week, i'm pretty sure he just wants to laugh at me for three hours.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                          Huddlestone is very slow, he can only work if you are playing to defensive mids like Tottenham do.
                                          He's exactly what they needed in that team, someone who is always available to collect the ball deep and spray it around with regularity to start moves off. He always has one of the highest % of pass completion in premiership games compared to Barry who tries the killer ball too often with a shocking success rate!

England have an obsession with getting they're percieved best 11 on the pitch with know second thought to how well balanced the team is! Compare this to Brazil, he left out creative talents such as Diego and Ronaldinho but picked arguably players with less ability such as the likes of Elano and Gilberto Silva but it's a sacrifice that has payed off for them!

I'm very surprised Capello got his tactics and in particular his substitutions so wrong, but he'll always be a hero in my eyes for his successful time at Milan
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

If I wasn't so lazy i'd post the transcripts of the back and forth text messages between me and a German mate this afternoon,that'd give you a good laugh.

Arranging a round of golf for next week, i'm pretty sure he just wants to laugh at me for three hours.
                                            I was really hoping for a 5-1 scoreline and then drag up your post from the other day..

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                              The General 10pm TV3
                                              Not mad about the movie, though the soundtrack is excellent. This was the only Richie Buckley I could find on YouTube(shite quality)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkHHwFyh9dc[/ame]

Probably won't be appreciated until he's dead, a la Rory Gallagher.

Comment

I was really hoping for a 5-1 scoreline and then drag up your post from the other day..
                                                lol, I was well aware that one of you b@stards was waiting to pounce on that alright.

Comment

did I mention Meath are class

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                    would love to have seen him live a few years back
                                                    but time has done his voice no favours

pity
                                                    Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                    Quiet the oposite i think, his voice last time i saw him was very good, both nights in the point may09.

Only reason i wont go sunday, and i have said it before, he just is not any good live anymore, he seems to just go through the motions, such a pity. That and its outdoor with support acts...ughhhhh.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

I really think Barry is the most overrated player in English football.

da English should just ban the tabloids, the pressure of the press is too much for the wag shaggers. I think the is a dearth of talent in the UK, it's been clear for years but yer bulldog spirit has no chance when ye play 60 games a season and then ezpect to play well in the WC compare the amount of games Rooney plays to yer average German. mental and physical burnout imo
                                                      Last edited by Solskjaer; 27-06-10, 21:57.

Comment

Shot Bubba.

Comment

Why on earth do England want to sack Capello, they wont get anyone else remotely in his class. The problem clearly is two-fold, and neither is the manager.

1 - Their players are, always have been, and always will be criminally over-rated and this batch is not even nearly good enough to win a world cup. How many England players would get their game for Spain? Ashley Cole and Rooney? Even Rooney would be iffy if Torres was actually at his best, and he under performed. Without him they'd nobody truly world class in the team.

2 - The players seem unmanageable. Terry's actions speak for themselves and they aren't conducive to a successful team. No matter who you are you can't run a team like that, look at France. For all Maradona's craziness he seems to have grafted a real team spirit there, and that's half the battle. Don't get rid of Capello, instead give him carte blanche to axe anyone who's causing problems regardless of reputation. This'll only get you so far, because of 1, but it'll help.

The manager isn't the problem, he's a world class manager with a record that is completely and utterly beyond reproach. Clearly the problems lie elsewhere.
                                                          Last edited by Sledgejammer; 27-06-10, 22:11.
                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Agree with a lot of what you're saying and his record does speak for itself but do you not think some of his team selections and tactics were questionable in this World Cup??
                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

On the face of it, I'd probably have done things differently. But when me and someone with Capello's record disagree, it's most likely me that's wrong. You have to keep in mind that he see's so much more in training and working every day with these players, I'm sure what's obvious to us is also obvious to him but he knows alot more than we do.

I agree with his Joe Cole non-selection, which is the main topic of controversy. The chap got injured as a mediocre player and in his abscence somehow morphed into Leo Messi. He is not good and has absolutely no brain. Chelsea aren't in the business of letting top class players go on a free for a laugh.

EDIT - Andy Gray talking about the fact that it's down to Capello being foreign. Good call Andy, look at the sheer number of world class English managers out there...Oh wait...Hahahaha he just suggested David Beckham or Alan Shearer. One time, FA! Make it happen!
                                                              Last edited by Sledgejammer; 27-06-10, 22:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post

The manager isn't the problem, he's a world class manager with a record that is completely and utterly beyond reproach. Clearly the problems lie elsewhere.
                                                                As bad as the players were the manager is just as much to blame,he's the boss he is in charge and he pretty much has had 'carte blanche' already for the last 2 years.
                                                                It worked a treat in the qualifiers but in that closed tournament environment it clearly hasn't.

His refusal to play Gerrard where he is most effective is baffling when we were obviously in need of some more punch up front. I said before the Germany match that Crouch would be perfect for that game, yet he brings Heskey on when we needed goals, unbelievable.

The players simply haven't performed but the managers refusal to addresse problems from previous games is baffling.
                                                                He needs to hold his hands up along with the players,he did after the Algeria game and I admired him for that but we'll see what he has to say when the dust settles.

The interview after the game was painful to watch ,asking him if he's going to resign straight after getting knocked out of the world cup is cringeworthy,the poor bloke looked lost and I felt sorry for him tbh.

I guess the question is, is he the man to completely rebuild from scratch,perhaps, but I just don't know anymore.

I expect he'll be gone within the next couple of weeks. Fk knows who'll replace him.

Any chance of tempting 'arry away from spurs?
                                                                Last edited by dannydiamond; 27-06-10, 22:31.

Comment

You can't sign 40 players a season on ridiculous wages or bankrupt football clubs as an international manager, 'Arry would die of boredom. Don't see the reason why the manager has to be English, if there's no world class English managers around and you're paying the wages of a world class manager than look elsewhere surely. Why accept less just because of where they're born? It's not like English managers have achieved anything with England for the guts of half a century now.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                    Quiet the oposite i think, his voice last time i saw him was very good, both nights in the point may09.

Only reason i wont go sunday, and i have said it before, he just is not any good live anymore, he seems to just go through the motions, such a pity. That and its outdoor with support acts...ughhhhh.
                                                                    I'll be going because I'm being brought, quite looking forward to it.

And just LOL at the voice comment
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

bought new laptop yesterday and have now got through the remaining Treme and Breaking Bad i have missed, cracking shows but now nothing left to watch

Comment

SHIP!!!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds 500 Ante (9 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP1 (t86161)
                                                                        MP2 (t52242)
                                                                        MP3 (t190112)
                                                                        CO (t81886)
                                                                        Button (t35225)
                                                                        SB (t122803)
                                                                        Hero (BB) (t49440)
                                                                        UTG (t53667)
                                                                        UTG+1 (t37554)

Hero's M: 4.71

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
                                                                        6 folds, Button bets t12000, 1 fold, Hero raises to t48940 (All-In), Button calls t22725 (All-In)

Flop: (t75950) K, 5, K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t75950) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t75950) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t75950

Results:
                                                                        Button had A, A (two pair, Aces and Kings).
                                                                        Hero had K, A (three of a kind, Kings).
                                                                        Outcome: Hero won t75950

Don't think I've been this lucky in a hand before but I'll take it anyway I can it!
                                                                        Last edited by Caf; 27-06-10, 22:46.

Comment

You can't sign 40 players a season on ridiculous wages or bankrupt football clubs as an international manager, 'Arry would die of boredom. Don't see the reason why the manager has to be English, if there's no world class English managers around and you're paying the wages of a world class manager than look elsewhere surely. Why accept less just because of where they're born? It's not like English managers have achieved anything with England for the guts of half a century now.
                                                                          I never suggested that the manager has to be English.
                                                                          There just doesn't seem to be any options if Capello goes. I'm sure there'll be some huge inquest by the FA, which there should be for a position paying such an astronomical wage but they've done it before and it hasn't worked.

I was very confident in Capello before the WC kicked off, there was no reason not to be.

I don't know what it is, yeah the players are overhyped but in all fairness there's alot of quality in that squad and England had every chance going into the game today despite recent performances.

I don't know what went wrong in all honesty,perhaps an english manager might not be such a bad idea,maybe the players will relate to him on a different level. It can't get any worse anyway.

Comment

On the face of it, I'd probably have done things differently. But when me and someone with Capello's record disagree, it's most likely me that's wrong. You have to keep in mind that he see's so much more in training and working every day with these players, I'm sure what's obvious to us is also obvious to him but he knows alot more than we do.
                                                                            That's one thing about football that I never got. You've managers paid millions who work with the players everyday and who's sole purpose is to manage the team. While every punter who's watched 90mins of football at the weekend and has read the sports section of his tabloid paper thinks he has some incredible insight that the manager doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                              That's one thing about football that I never got. You've managers paid millions who work with the players everyday and who's sole purpose is to manage the team. While every punter who's watched 90mins of football at the weekend and has read the sports section of his tabloid paper thinks he has some incredible insight that the manager doesn't.
                                                                              Makes for far more fun debates though

Comment

Why on earth do England want to sack Capello, they wont get anyone else remotely in his class. The problem clearly is two-fold, and neither is the manager.

1 - Their players are, always have been, and always will be criminally over-rated and this batch is not even nearly good enough to win a world cup. How many England players would get their game for Spain? Ashley Cole and Rooney? Even Rooney would be iffy if Torres was actually at his best, and he under performed. Without him they'd nobody truly world class in the team.

2 - The players seem unmanageable. Terry's actions speak for themselves and they aren't conducive to a successful team. No matter who you are you can't run a team like that, look at France. For all Maradona's craziness he seems to have grafted a real team spirit there, and that's half the battle. Don't get rid of Capello, instead give him carte blanche to axe anyone who's causing problems regardless of reputation. This'll only get you so far, because of 1, but it'll help.

Might not be the whole problem but he must take a a large part of the blame. He played most his best players in roles they never play at with their clubs.

Comment

Danny, what about Steve McClaren?
                                                                                  Don't scoff, hear me out.

The nations who generally know what they are doing at international level (Brazil, Argentina, Italy) never have a problem reappointing managers two or even three times, even if the previous stint has ultimately ended in failure.

McClaren was a couple of goalkeeping howlers v Croatia home+away from qualifying for Euro08. Since then he's got a Dutch title with traditional no-hopers Enschede. This summer various Bundesliga clubs were fighting for his services (which probably makes him the most in-demand English manager in Europe!). If he gets a German title in the next two seasons would he have done enough to be rehabilitated enough to get the 2014 or 2016 England gigs? Or is he poison for ever in England?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    I'll be going because I'm being brought, quite looking forward to it.

And just LOL at the voice comment
                                                                                    Hey, i may drive past and give a little listen after work

Bobsloan stuck his set up last night, seemed very small, hope he rocks.

If you are staying the night and want some places to eat and drink let me know.

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                    bought new laptop yesterday and have now got through the remaining Treme and Breaking Bad i have missed, cracking shows but now nothing left to watch
                                                                                    Ahhh, Treme season finale, havent brought myself to watch it again, too hard, maybe in a couple of weeks, words cannot describe how good that show is.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Capello's major problem imo is he treats them as functioning, intelligent, normal people when clearly they are far from it.

Comment

I actually found it funny today when i was watching the panels reaction on BBC one of the pundits i cant remember which one said "i think its time to give and english manger the chance" in the last 60 years or so there has only been two foreign managers Eriksson and Capello i was thinking wtf!
                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

every player in the England team has stephen Ireland syndrome

Comment

i agree with a lot of this, i honestly think the Fa need to look at a new model as they are unattched from the premier leauge, its all well and good to see english players hyped up lampard, gerrard, cole all great far of course all top players, rooney plays for anyone in the world but whats lacking is talent coming through aswell as an understanding of how to get this team ticking. the germans failure about 10 years ago led them to reaccess youth policy in the whole country. Any leauge team without a acadmey was forced to start one and they are now reaping the benifits of these football centers all under Sammers guidance, at one stage they were 17, and 21 champions.

However the reasons this model works there is Bundesliga teams play young german players. the english clubs with the big premership money wont risk young talent but play forgein players. Even the utd youth system has slowed down. The german u21 team that beat england u21s has many representaives at the world cup England has milner and hart.

Each country has differnt circumstances a lot was made of Argentina leaving out Riquleme, Zanetti and Cambiasso but there not Maradonas men. He picked players who will play for him and its evediant that all is well in that camp beacause of this. Young people in Argentina worship him so natural they wanna play for him.

An English manager needs to pick a team that suits his sytem not players because they are big players for there club. I said it before world cup and ill say it now England had problems that needed to be addressed and they were never sorted. My point is now England need to be brave and play some younger players, Johnson, Young and see if they can do it. They may like the germans be deemed infiorior to whats gone on before but the lampards and gerrards have been aswell so at least they would be capellos team cause this is still erikissons when you look at it closely.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              Danny, what about Steve McClaren?
                                                                                              Don't scoff, hear me out.

The nations who generally know what they are doing at international level (Brazil, Argentina, Italy) never have a problem reappointing managers two or even three times, even if the previous stint has ultimately ended in failure.

McClaren was a couple of goalkeeping howlers v Croatia home+away from qualifying for Euro08. Since then he's got a Dutch title with traditional no-hopers Enschede. This summer various Bundesliga clubs were fighting for his services (which probably makes him the most in-demand English manager in Europe!). If he gets a German title in the next two seasons would he have done enough to be rehabilitated enough to get the 2014 or 2016 England gigs? Or is he poison for ever in England?

At the stage now where any England fan would gamble with practically any manager with his coaching badges i'd say.

If a manager with the pedigree of Capello has those players playing like a Sunday league team, there's hope for anyone.

Yeah McClaren would be definate no fly zone for the FA and or because of the fans. The more I think about it I can see them trying to appoint an English manager though. Back to basics and all of that.

Comment

Capello leaves England, big hodgy leaves fulham to go be England boss and Liverpool appoint Capello. Result for liverpool me thinks.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                  Capello leaves England, big hodgy leaves fulham to go be England boss and Liverpool appoint Capello. Result for liverpool me thinks.
                                                                                                  Lol, I had this conversation with someone five minutes ago!!

Comment

Goal of the tournament so far imo...wow
                                                                                                    Villas vs Honduras was better imo.

Comment

For those of you who have forgot its starting back tonight.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va1Gyl5cUjQ[/ame]
                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

wag shaggers.
                                                                                                        lol, WP willie

Comment

My mate asked me if I saw the England goal.

Unfortunately I missed it, I was too busy refereeing the match.

Comment

Went out in 15th in the Voodoo end of month game after 7.5 hours

Went completly card dead the last 2 hours, picked up AA but were no good vs K10
                                                                                                            got a doube up from Ace the next hand but it all went down hill from there.

Ace was still going strong when i left. TID
                                                                                                            Last edited by BrianByrne; 27-06-10, 23:43.
                                                                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Hey, i may drive past and give a little listen after work

Bobsloan stuck his set up last night, seemed very small, hope he rocks.

If you are staying the night and want some places to eat and drink let me know.

Ahhh, Treme season finale, havent brought myself to watch it again, too hard, maybe in a couple of weeks, words cannot describe how good that show is.
                                                                                                              Thanks, I expect it will be a hit and run.
                                                                                                              Just finished Treme this minute watched the last four episodes over the weekend.
                                                                                                              Awesome series, what a soundtrack.

Stumbled across this site today with photos of ritual costumes taken in West Africa which was very interesting in the context of the Treme Indians.
                                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Brag - another world cup jersey in the bag, thanks PPP.

Which to get this time BBV? Spain away and Holland away already secured (USA away was out of stock)

Comment

Some Argie accent there from Peter Collins!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post

Ace was still going strong
                                                                                                                    that the €60 game? What payouts like? UL

Comment

Brag - another world cup jersey in the bag, thanks PPP.

Which to get this time BBV? Spain away and Holland away already secured (USA away was out of stock)
                                                                                                                      The white Ghana Jersey is quality.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post

Ace was still going strong
                                                                                                                        Ace runs so bad though wit big hands,

AA<AK all in pre
                                                                                                                        AQ = A9 all in on AA103 board
                                                                                                                        folded QQ(to your astonishment) to be shown 1010

was good putting name to face
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Ace; 27-06-10, 23:46.

Comment

Fantastic day, i'm finally catching up with the rest of the world.

Knocked out two seasons of the wire in the past week (watching it with the other half, so she's slowing my progress down somewhat)

Just finished my third episode of the first season of Entourage (watching it on my tobler, so will be done in no time)

Went into carphone warehouse to ask about my Nokia N97 getting fixed (piece of shit phone that would be great if it actually worked) Came out with a brand new HTC Desire for twenty euro.
                                                                                                                          What a quality little phone. Gmote app is class, controlling pc from your phone FTW.
                                                                                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X