This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
    Can anyone recommend anything good on tv tonight?
    The General 10pm TV3

Comment

Wow. That was immense. Whatever defensive fkinks Germany have to iron out they play some sweet football. Love the way Muller celebrates his goals,like a young fella leaping around in the field. He is a charismatic mofo to boot.Swoooon!
      Genuinly think thats a huge weakness with the English team-they seem utterly detached from reality-pampered loons living in some demented money ridden world. Ze Germans and other nations,at least seem more grounded in the real world.

Now. Messi time. More swoon. Love. Football.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
        LOL at Irish fans saying anything about England keeping it classy after the French debacle.
        We don't tend to boo national anthems though!

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
        Im off football until we get the video ref. Until then its baseball all the way.
        Perfect game mess up ring a bell?

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
          Before I draw a close to this sorry episode,i'll just highlight that bringing on Heskey when we were indesperate need for goals and Crouch itching for a look in, no matter how desperate the situation pretty much sums it all up.

Utterly ridiculous.
          That was the final straw.

Crouch's scoring record for England is top drawer, for him not to get a kick and have Heskey in the country is a shambles.

Think Fabio was levelling England in the qualifiers just to purposely wreck their hopes and dreams in the World Cup, not sure what his evil motives are for this yet though.

Im buying into the whole English players need some foreigners in their team to help them or else they are just shit. They disappoint every time when on paper they should be realistic challengers.

Upson, Johnson and Heskey arent up to that level.

Rooney was the worst player on the pitch in all 4 games for whatever reason, Lampard and Gerrard dont deliver for their country time and time again.

I actually think we have better prospects for Euro 2012 than you do at this stage.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I will be aftertiming about an English victory in a few hours.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I won a free bet on Messi for top scorer in a bounty tournie on Boyles,feel a little aggrieved he hasn't at least 3 in the bag already(he could have had 5 by now), but haven't given up hope,he's one guy that could bag 4 in a game.

Messi 6 - 0 Mexico, will do nicely!
              Last edited by dannydiamond; 27-06-10, 17:56.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post

Crouch's scoring record for England is top drawer, for him not to get a kick and have Heskey in the country is a shambles.

Think Fabio was levelling England in the qualifiers just to purposely wreck their hopes and dreams in the World Cup, not sure what his evil motives are for this yet though.

. They disappoint every time when on paper they should be realistic challengers.

I actually think we have better prospects for Euro 2012 than you do at this stage.
                Yep.

Interesting.

Yep.

Can't argue with that!

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                  Can anyone recommend anything good on tv tonight?
                  Highlights of England V Germany, ITV1 10:35.

My moneys on Germany 4-1. They have some really pacey players that could tear Englands defence apart.

Capello doesn't seem to have a balanced team and my guess is that the italian will leave his most prolific goalscorers on the bench when England go behind.

Lol England.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                    Exact same problem as Italy. Capello convincing Scholes to play would have been massive, just like Italy missed Pirlo, Scholes is about the only English player that can control a game with simple passes.
                    Do Come in Mr Huddlestone, we have missed you.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Capellol
                      Capelo smilie B<) or today B<(
                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Im buying into the whole English players need some foreigners in their team to help them or else they are just shit. They disappoint every time when on paper they should be realistic challengers.

Upson, Johnson and Heskey arent up to that level.

Rooney was the worst player on the pitch in all 4 games for whatever reason, Lampard and Gerrard dont deliver for their country time and time again.

England need defensive midfielders simple as that. Every other department they are fine in.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Capellol
                          DownSon (upson!)
                          Lamptard
                          Muellered

Comment

Just a couple of tiny bits of food for thought:

- England strolled their qualifying group. So people have to think about what (if anything) changed since last November?;

- Last November you looked at the English team and their center back pairing / left back and said "that might be the strongest defense of any team in the World Cup". Then Ferdinand got crocked repeatedly; there was the whole Terry saga; Ashley Cole had his run in to the tournament also disrupted. As such, a key strength to their team became a problem area;

- Heskey was a genuine contributer to the qualifying campaign, but went completely off the boil between November and the end of the season - enduring some of his worst form ever at club level. Gerrard's season got worse and worse and worse. Rooney got an inhibiting injury towards season's end also;

I'm not saying that England as they were last November should have been favourites for the WC of course. But the above certainly begins to point towards why there was such a disparity between what was expected of them (hype) and what they were actually capable of in the tournament (reality).

The lads in RTE got it spot on. The disallowed goal WAS horrendous. But when you assess the overall flow of the 90 minutes and tournament as a whole thus far, the end scoreline was a fair reflection of the respective abilities of the two teams.

I think there are fundamental problems with the type of footballers representing England that leaves Capello (or anyone) with their work cut out. The default setting for these guys at club level is to play a certain type of game, in a certain set up that is very different to what is required to win an International tournament.

Gerrard, Terry, Ferdinand, Lampard, James and Cole are guys that started today who will be on a downward trajectory in their careers in two years time; and significantly disimproved in four. But they weren't good enough. Different players, of a different disposition are required.
                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Do Come in Mr Huddlestone, we have missed you.
                              Huddlestone is very slow, he can only work if you are playing to defensive mids like Tottenham do.
                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                England need defensive midfielders simple as that. Every other department they are fine in.
                                Yeah forgot Barry, he is also out of his depth.

But the midfield and strikers didnt fire either.

Rooney, Heskey, Lampard, Gerrard and Lennon were all terribad, far from fine.
                                On paper not too bad, in practice a load of shit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Lampard played well today.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                    Lampard played well today.
                                    Did ok today, im talking about the tournament as a whole.
                                    Compared to his contributions for Chelsea the same player doesnt turn up for England.

Comment

Did ok today, im talking about the tournament as a whole.
                                      Compared to his contributions for Chelsea the same player doesnt turn up for England.
                                      Well of course not! At Chelsea he plays in a balanced midfield, on a team with a lethal first target, and the players to provide great fluidity and diversity of options around him going forward. They also have a rock solid back four, and very good goalkeeper.

Could you honestly say any of that about the England 11 that lost today?

Comment

As LL pointed out out at their respective clubs they have a balanced team. Rooney injury was huge blow, like Torres for Spain you can't just come back to form after an injury straight away. If Spain played a 4-4-2 with Alonso and Xavi in the centre midfield they would have no chance of winning the WC. The problem for england is they don't even have a defensive mid who is close to good enough. Barry is fine but again he simply isn't a defensive midfielder.

Comment

Man this game has started so well. Great football.

South American teams > Rest of the World and its not even close

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                            Man this game has started so well. Great football.

+1
                                            Great start

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                              Bubbleking just collapsed I reckon
                                              I have serious <3 for Meath right now. Really great performance havnt seen the likes of that in the last 10 years. Felt sorry for the Dubs at the end because the width of the post was the difference between a close game and a thumping

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                Well of course not! At Chelsea he plays in a balanced midfield, on a team with a lethal first target, and the players to provide great fluidity and diversity of options around him going forward. They also have a rock solid back four, and very good goalkeeper.

Could you honestly say any of that about the England 11 that lost today?
                                                Yeah well he will look better in one of the best sides in the world as opposed to a team with bad tactics and some bad players but i still think hes never performed for England as well as he might have been expected to.

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                As LL pointed out out at their respective clubs they have a balanced team. Rooney injury was huge blow, like Torres for Spain you can't just come back to form after an injury straight away. If Spain played a 4-4-2 with Alonso and Xavi in the centre midfield they would have no chance of winning the WC. The problem for england is they don't even have a defensive mid who is close to good enough. Barry is fine but again he simply isn't a defensive midfielder.
                                                I just dont think they are technically sound enough to put a deep run in a World Cup if Rooney was fit or not.

Do you think with the right formation they could have been contenders in this World Cup??

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                  Mexico from Central America are playing pretty well too I think.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                    Mexico from Central America are playing pretty well too I think.
                                                    Latin America FTW

Great when 2 LAGS play each other....loads of action.

Comment

Miles offside

Comment

A mile offside for that one.

wow, what a clusterfuck of a situation.

lol FIFA

Comment

Blatter should be extra proud of himself today.

Comment

Today is brilliant. These poxy decisions in massive WC games should seal the move to technology and a challenge system. England and Mexico will make a lot more noise than the FAI are capable of making.

Comment

Yeah well he will look better in one of the best sides in the world as opposed to a team with bad tactics and some bad players but i still think hes never performed for England as well as he might have been expected to.

I just dont think they are technically sound enough to put a deep run in a World Cup if Rooney was fit or not.

Do you think with the right formation they could have been contenders in this World Cup??

With better and formation they'd have performed a lot better and could have gone far if they got a Uruguay type of draw.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                A mile offside for that one.

wow, what a clusterfuck of a situation.

lol FIFA
                                                                FIFA really are about as moronic an organization as it is possible to have without the hand of Bertie Ahern being involved

Not allowing tv replays for decisions but allowing them in the ground so the players, officials and fans can see a fuckup has happened

idiotic!

btw what is bertie at these days

feel really sorry for Mexico, a really good game has been ruined but now hope they fall apart and Higuain picks up a couple more goals
                                                                SPOILER
                                                                on him at 20/1 for top scorer, its in WC thread so not an aftertime
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 27-06-10, 19:06. Reason: *

Comment

3rd eye. lol at Heinze lashing his head off the camera in the 2nd goal celebrations!.

Comment

And there's my top scorer bet looking even better now.

Higuain, at 16/1 before the WC. 4 goals now. Ship it.

Comment

Watching this game with an Argentine is lol, every decision shouting at the screen "por dios" or asking "donde esta mi mess!?!"

anytime Argentina have an attack hands flying in the air screaming Vamos

Anytime a Mexican makes a foul "la puta que te pario" - the whore that gave birth to you

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                        Watching this game with an Argentine is lol, every decision shouting at the screen "por dios" or asking "donde esta mi mess!?!"

anytime Argentina have an attack hands flying in the air screaming Vamos

Anytime a Mexican makes a foul "la puta que te pario" - the whore that gave birth to you
                                                                        might make that my new sig

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                          "la puta que te pario"
                                                                          "yore ma"
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ENGLAND HAVE A NEW COACH.

It's picking them up at Heathrow in the morning.

Comment

I didnt think whores gave birth. If anything it was very kind hearted and unselfish of her to give birth to him if she was a whore.

Comment

ALso,

That goal was not offside, just in case you guys were confused. I told her it was offside but I dont know anything about football because I'm Irish

The Mexicans are just conchudos for complaining, trying to cheat

She knows about football because shes argentine and she watches the World Cup every four years

Comment

Part I of my Vegas trip report is HERE

As always, when I open the floodgates I write too much!

What a day of sport, awesome so far.

Comment

Skin and bone second half if the row at halftime is anything to go by, looked like the ref was going to get lynched i can understand the frustration but the Argies are sooo much better atm.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
                                                                                      And there's my top scorer bet looking even better now.

Higuain, at 16/1 before the WC. 4 goals now. Ship it.
                                                                                      Got him at 28/1! Villa is still a major contender with 3 goals and a game in hand, Higuain should also have 5; great chance before the break.

Comment

ARGENTINA!!!!!!!!!

mexico deserve there fate they should never be thier own country anyway part of the United states if you ask me, USA having two teams in the world cup is a disgrace. Diego rocks him and his mates look like thugs.

Second half should be mighty.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                          Got him at 28/1! Villa is still a major contender with 3 goals and a game in hand, Higuain should also have 5; great chance before the break.
                                                                                          Jaysus, nice.

It's between Villa, Muller and Higuain alright. Depends what team goes the furthest.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                            Highlights of England V Germany, ITV1 10:35.

My moneys on Germany 4-1. They have some really pacey players that could tear Englands defence apart.

Capello doesn't seem to have a balanced team and my guess is that the italian will leave his most prolific goalscorers on the bench when England go behind.

Lol England.
                                                                                            I watched the game live, not sure I could force myself to watch the highlights!

Unlike 99% of Belfast (where I'm from), I like to see England doing well at international level. I support United, so it would be imo hypocritical to support the likes of Rooney only some of the time.

I think (like everyone else) the manager got it wrong big time.
                                                                                            - I agree with Oscar in that Scholes would have been a valuable experienced midfielder who will give 100% every match.
                                                                                            - As much as Lampard seems to deliever consistently for Chelsea, he seems to be a constant let down for England, would deffo like to see the team without him, even for a trial period.
                                                                                            - I think Gerrard should stay, just don't stick him on the left, he has one of the best finishing touches in the game, use it.
                                                                                            - Rooney is the best striker in the premiership imo, but he's better when permitted to drop deep imo, so stick an out & out striker up there with him and let him drop back to run the defence ragged. Crouch would have been the best partnership for him I think.
                                                                                            - Barry is worthy of a spot, would keep him, don't think there's a better alternative out there either.
                                                                                            - I think Johnson played well (relative to the team performance), although imo Upson is a no no. He's simpy out of his depth as I see it.
                                                                                            - Ashley Cole was the best defender for them (from what I see), albeit not as sharp as we're used to seeing every weekend.
                                                                                            - Terry was woeful imo, he seems to have lost focus or something & from what I could see managed to lose sight of the opposition repeatedly which usually result in another conceeded goal.
                                                                                            - Keepers - James/Green - whatever, if the defence actually do their job, the keeper isn't under as much pressure & either are good enough imo.
                                                                                            .
                                                                                            . .

Comment

Just listening to Lampard there. He said 'there are players who will carry on', wondering if thats a suggestion he is retiring from International football?

I wouldn't blame him, he got lots of stick from England fans since he became a starter.

Comment

Jaysus, nice.

It's between Villa, Muller and Higuain alright. Depends what team goes the furthest.
                                                                                                Don't rule out Messi yet, he could score four in the second half here, capable of anything.

Comment

Jaysus, nice.

Don't count out Fabiano yet either.

Comment

I didnt think whores gave birth. If anything it was very kind hearted and unselfish of her to give birth to him if she was a whore.
                                                                                                    Maybe she became a whore after the birth to pay the bills etc.

Comment

or Tevez....wow

Comment

Goal of the tournament so far imo...wow
                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Simply stunning goal.

Comment

Wow...nearly tore a hole in the net.

Comment

The commentators say that the goalkeepr looked like he would be tough after Tevez's goal

"PArejo tu abuela.." tough your grandmother, haha

3-0, ya esta chabon, relax now

Comment

What an epic day,

Ship the PB half marathon by a good 10 minutes in Enniscorthy this morning, time to plan for a sub 3.30 in Dublin
                                                                                                                Distance 20.92 km | Time 1:43:23 | Pace 4:56 /km | Elevation 221 m

Ship the England lay for a cool 1k

Ship Cape Blanco (slight aftertime) to pay for all the food & drink in the pub today

Variance
                                                                                                                Dublin are shit
                                                                                                                I lost €50 out of my pocket which considering the day i had you think would not annoy me but for some reason it does

Comment

Comment

Comment

Take a bow son....take a bow...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                        Ha, he gives the camera some puck after doesn't he?

Comment

Argentina v Germany has the potential to be a fantastic game.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X