Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun hand from the 8.80 rebuy on stars. Standard?

And keep her lit Germany!

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 8.8 Tournament, 50/100 Blinds (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

UTG+1 (t4296)
    MP1 (t4548)
    MP2 (t7612)
    CO (t6809)
    Button (t3000)
    SB (t825)
    Hero (BB) (t5130)
    UTG (t4185)

Hero's M: 34.20

Preflop: Hero is BB with 2, K
    UTG calls t100, 6 folds, Hero checks

Flop: (t250) 7, 3, 3 (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: (t250) 10 (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets t100, Hero calls t100

River: (t450) A (2 players)
    Hero checks, UTG bets t900, Hero calls t900

Total pot: t2250

Results:
    Hero had 2, K (one pair, threes).
    UTG had 6, 8 (one pair, threes).
    Outcome: Hero won t2250
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Easy winner to ship the million sweepstakes.
      "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
        good finish neuer did well to keep the header down imo

Comment

Johnson is very poor agreed, but Upson is continously out of position. Why is their best centre back sitting in the bench?
          Of course a Spurs fan and Ledley King is a class act in fairness but I don't think himself and Terry work well together but tbh I think Capello might be better to use that 3-5-2 option he was considering, with King playing on the left of a back three, Terry in the centre and Upson on the right. Push Ashley Cole up and take off Johnson.

I don't think you can blame Upson alone for that goal, Terry has to take some blame for it.

@Chips, I have nothing against Glen Johnson and I thought he might even be one of the stars of the World Cup tbh but he has been caught out of position so many times. And if you get to see the second goal again, have a look at where Johnson is, and remember it was the left midfielder Podolski that scored it.
          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
            Stop now please! Maybe they can ask for a replay afterwards like we did.I am sure they will go mad if they go our but of all countries we cant criticise them if they do.
            The ref probably just met with Jogi Loew at half time too. I can see him retiring like Anders Frisk when he starts receiving death threats tomorrow.

In fairness though the ref had about 5 players in front of him when Lampard shot. Howler for the linesman obv.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
              Of course a Spurs fan and Ledley King is a class act in fairness but I don't think himself and Terry work well together but tbh I think Capello might be better to use that 3-5-2 option he was considering, with King playing on the left of a back three, Terry in the centre and Upson on the right. Push Ashley Cole up and take off Johnson.

I don't think you can blame Upson alone for that goal, Terry has to take some blame for it.

@Chips, I have nothing against Glen Johnson and I thought he might even be one of the stars of the World Cup tbh but he has been caught out of position so many times. And if you get to see the second goal again, have a look at where Johnson is, and remember it was the left midfielder Podolski that scored it.
              Terry was more at fault than Upson imo. Where was he standing for the kickout? Terrible positioning. AND letting it bounce... centre half 101... Don't let it bounce. Upson was bad but it was mainly Terrys fault imo.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

he came across to cover muller for the two centre backs who where completely caught out from the little flick over the top. If he hadn't of come over muller was free one on one with james.

anyways game is back on guarenteed the ref gives england a peno after seeing that mistake LOL

Comment

Sep Blatter needs to be taken out by the roots. Gadaffi was right FIFA are an international mafia.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                    I think David Cameron is already lining up a delegation to head to SA to petition Blatter and FIFA to introduce goal line technology.
                    you don't even need technology

any average joe would do to stand on the line and call it as he see's it

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                      anyways game is back on guarenteed the ref gives england a peno after seeing that mistake LOL
                      Interesting point - anyone know if the ref has a TV in his dressing room so that he'd have seen it at half time?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Interesting point - anyone know if the ref has a TV in his dressing room so that he'd have seen it at half time?
                        i dont think he needs to see anything he knows it was in from the reaction of basically everyone in the stadium i think him and the linesman were the only two to not see it

Comment

england need to get the ball down germany's left wing, yer man boateng was just watching and letting england get crosses in in the first half.

Comment

Yes Fabio, take off your best attacking outlet.

EFSIGUJVWEKLFSHDGNVUEFIJKSDLHVCNEFIJKSDHVCJNQED

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnbaByMz_Ec[/ame]

Comment

It has been a while since i have seen a team torm apart so much, wp Germany
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Im off football until we get the video ref. Until then its baseball all the way.

Gil Renard: Don't get greedy, son. Don't get greedy. What we need now is a sacrifice. A winning team has to know how to manufacture runs. Coop taught me that. He used to say the most beautiful play in the game is a sacrifice fly, and you know why?

Richie Renard: 'Cause you give yourself up for the team?

Gil Renard: And it doesn't even count against your average. That's why baseball's better than life - it's fair.

Comment

Went to green up the 15.5 I have on Germany expecting them to be < 6
                                    They are still 8.2 surely that's a bit of value with only Argentina between them and the final?
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                      Went to green up the 15.5 I have on Germany expecting them to be < 6
                                      They are still 8.2 surely that's a bit of value with only Argentina between them and the final?
                                      Semi final against possibly Spain?

Comment

good news for england johnson misses the next match at least

Comment

They're still going to use the Lampard disallowed goal as an excuse even though they've been completely outplayed for 90% of the game. King on bench is crazy. Even a 75% fit ledley is better than Terry and Upson!
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

The way is paved for Solksjaer's return from self-imposed exile to the BBV.

Comment

Semi final against possibly Spain?
                                              Ah! OK. The draw is different than I expected, I thought they'd meet the winners of Uraguay Ghana,
                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 27-06-10, 15:51.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                very tilting being in Vegas and not being able to watch the ITV aftermatch debate. Wotn be able to see the front page of tomorrows tabloids either.
                                                I think most of the papers can be got online, check em tomorrow for laughs.
                                                Get the latest news, sport, celebrity gossip, TV, politics and lifestyle from The Mirror. Big stories with a big heart, always with you in mind.

The Best for News, Sport, Showbiz, Celebrities

All the best news stories, sport & showbiz from the Daily Star, the top destination for big laughs.

The Sun already has URA* USELESS REFEREE as a headline.

* Hes Uruguayan.

Comment

Very disappointing end to England's campaign. I know Danny Diamond will be gutted, I feel for you man.

Hard to know how good the Germans are but they have certainly set down the first marker of this World Cup with that performance.
                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Officials ruined what could have been a great second half of football. Chasing a game against such a strong German side was always going to be hard. That said, defensively England were terrible and were always struggling when Germany had the ball.

Comment

Probably the worst performance from a top ten world football nation I've ever seen in a competitive tournament.

There is no way Capello should be allowed to keep his job.

Comment

Hard to know how good the Germans are but they have certainly set down the first marker of this World Cup with that performance.
                                                        The solidity of there winners mentality always amazes me. I mean Podolski has had a nightmare at club level, not getting into the bayern team and being shipped to average Koln where he's been poor.

Ozil has always had the talent but he's been ultra inconsistant for Bremen, amazing one day and flatter to decieve the next. They put on the famous German jersey and turn into world beaters!
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

RTE are riding us with all these extended ad breaks.

Comment

If you insist on playing 442 then you can not have a midfield of milner, gerrard, lampard and barry as thats four players who have played center midfield for there team all year. I dont care who you are playing people out of postion will not give that team balance. gerrard wandering, if he is going to play him behind rooney. if you insist on playing 442 drop him or one of the other midfelders. Ok milner did ok delivering balls but other than that was not impressed.

Though lampard was best of a poor bunch today to be honest. Maybe its a case that these players have been found out when not playing alongside there beeter club players, gerrard was poor for liverpool last year maybe cause alonso not there, lampard and essien, rooney scholes, terry carvalho.

players who had decent world cups for England ashely cole, jermaine defoe, david james that is all.

Comment

Delighted England went out. Woeful tactics and deserved to be humiliated.

Heskey played huge part in the campaign.

Crouch didn't get a minute. Joke!

Nah nah nah nah hey hey hey, goodbye.

Comment

Very disappointing end to England's campaign. .
                                                                THe start and middle weren't much better to be fair. The disallowed goal will overshadow a shambles of a performance throughout the tournament.

Comment

One other thing, England cannot keep the ball. You won't beat the decent teams without being able to keep the ball. Not good enough, end of.

Comment

Bubbleking just collapsed I reckon

Comment

Irish Derby soon to start on RTE 1. FWIW I think Carraiglawn is a huge price on betfair

Comment

Glen Johnson was at fault for the Podolski goal, and I need to see the other one again but he is on the wrong side of Upson for the Klose goal too or not as I just seen a replay of it.
                                                                        big bag of lol's

you a gaa player? because your view of a fullbacks job is pure Gaa
                                                                        football is not a game of "stay with your man" like the gaa

For the second goal he came across into the cover position due to both CB's leaving a massive hole

If he doesn't come across muller(?) was clean thru on the keeper

His only possible fault was not coming across quick enough, but that would not have affected the goal

To look at him for the first goal is even more lol, Terry sold his hole, Upson was not in a decent cover position behind him (may be the fault of Terry for being so bad)

*once again I would like to publicly thank Martin O'Neill for acting the prick and scuppering the Barry to Liverpool transfer
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 27-06-10, 16:14. Reason: *

Comment

Doomfontaine

Comment

betting on football is ez, maybe i should start a syndicate

Comment

lol Dublin imo

Comment

Wow What a result for O'Brien
                                                                                1 Cape Blanco
                                                                                2 Midas Touch
                                                                                3 Jan Vermeer

2 Lengths between them all. Class.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                  Irish Derby soon to start on RTE 1. FWIW I think Carraiglawn is a huge price on betfair
                                                                                  6th, could need further. Didn't run a bad race but never got into it. Fair play to APO'B, 1-2-3 in yet another Irish classic.

Comment

Probably the worst performance from a top ten world football nation I've ever seen in a competitive tournament.

Jaysus, have you forgotten France already?

Comment

DubLOLin

Wouldn't fancy meeting them in the qualifiers all the same

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                        The solidity of there winners mentality always amazes me. I mean Podolski has had a nightmare at club level, not getting into the bayern team and being shipped to average Koln where he's been poor.

Ozil has always had the talent but he's been ultra inconsistant for Bremen, amazing one day and flatter to decieve the next. They put on the famous German jersey and turn into world beaters!
                                                                                        Podolski didn't have a bad season, never mind commentators telling you that. He plays left midfield for Cologne and they aren't a great club and as a result he spends a lot of time in his own half defending. He is not expected to score a load of goals at club level, he just does that for Germany who are a very strong international side and he has license to get forward without having to worry too much about defensive duties.

The reason he didn't work out at Bayern is because he was being played up front as they had Ribery playing left midfield and he is not a forward.

Comment

Carslberg don't do sporting Sundays, but if they did.....

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                            LOL, i just posted on a mate's facebook that surely this is the best day ever for your standard country GAA head.

Comment

Its like some sort of magical midyear Christmas has been invented.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                they wouldn't do this one

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Very disappointing end to England's campaign. I know Danny Diamond will be gutted, I feel for you man.
                                                                                                  Thanks EE, fairly depressing stuff.

England were absolutely dreadful.
                                                                                                  Well played Germany, they were excellent and looked like scoring every time they got hold of the ball.

I'm fully expecting his resignation within the next couple of weeks.

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                  The disallowed goal will overshadow a shambles of a performance throughout the tournament.
                                                                                                  I don't think it will at all actually.
                                                                                                  Yeah it was a clear goal but there will be no defence for that performance, pretty sure every journalist and pundit in England will tap into the small pool of commonsense they've been saving up all these years.

Jaysus, have you forgotten France already?
                                                                                                  This is an awful lot worse imo.

Disastrous world cup especially considering such a promising qualifying campaign, i'm at a loss to understand it all tbh, underperforming is one thing but this afternoons debacle was nothing short of shameful for every single person involved in the England camp.

As a footie fan today was huge for me with the excitement and anticipation that can only come from something like this. Obv it all turned out in pretty much the worst way possible but I guess at least I got that out of it. Time to turn my hopes and dreams back to Liverpool now.

Stupid game anyway.
                                                                                                  Last edited by dannydiamond; 27-06-10, 17:08.
                                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post

Disastrous world cup especially considering such a promising qualifying campaign, i'm at a loss to understand it all tbh, underperforming is one thing but this afternoons debacle was nothing short of shameful for every single person involved in the England camp.
                                                                                                    Exact same problem as Italy. Capello convincing Scholes to play would have been massive, just like Italy missed Pirlo, Scholes is about the only English player that can control a game with simple passes.

Comment

As a matter of interest was the Klose goal offside? Was watching it on rte but only saw one replay and they didnt really dwell on it

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                        Doomfontaine
                                                                                                        Capellol

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                                          As a matter of interest was the Klose goal offside? Was watching it on rte but only saw one replay and they didnt really dwell on it
                                                                                                          The first goal.... can't be offside from a goal kick.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                            Exact same problem as Italy. Capello convincing Scholes to play would have been massive, just like Italy missed Pirlo, Scholes is about the only English player that can control a game with simple passes.
                                                                                                            Would have made little difference.

You can talk about systems and team selection but when the players who take to the pitch can't even string a couple of passes together there's little hope.

These are players that do a job for their clubs throughout the season and there's alot of quality there but the manager hasn't figured out how to get the best from them when they're playing/living together in a tournament environment.
                                                                                                            What's worse is that good players forget how to do the basics and play ball when they pull on an England shirt. Nothing short of shocking from that group of players.
                                                                                                            Last edited by dannydiamond; 27-06-10, 17:24.

Comment

Capellol
                                                                                                              DownSon (upson!)

Comment

Last edited by Moneymaker; 27-06-10, 17:31.

Comment

Lamptard

Comment

Before I draw a close to this sorry episode,i'll just highlight that bringing on Heskey when we were indesperate need for goals and Crouch itching for a look in, no matter how desperate the situation pretty much sums it all up.

Utterly ridiculous.

Comment

where can I find the argentina/mexico teams named for tonight

Comment

Can anyone recommend anything good on tv tonight?
                                                                                                                        .
                                                                                                                        . .

Comment

argentina obv

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X