• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's been years since i saw this classic

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-rWnQphPdQ[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
      Euro 2012 draw on this morning. Anyone know if it's live online anywhere?
      Edit: Just noticed it's on RTE 2.
      RTE2 11.10, Hope we miss France

Comment

Buying a bicycle - read this

BSO - bike shaped objects

Edit:
        I was talking to Yuletired / Solskaer during the break yesterday.
        He did a bit of club cycling in the past and is thinking of getting a Dawes Galexy, a touring bike, and asked me how much did I think it would cost, mentioning €1,500. I looked it up tooday and it is 1,150 sterling.
        Lesson: He wants to do some long distance cycling on a bike designed for that purpose, so he will buy a bike well known as a reliable, sorted bike. And he knows enought to pay the price to get the right product. Afaik DeVore also has/had a Dawes Galexy.

Figure out what you want the bike to do, then buy the bike suited to that.
        Don't buy a nice looking bike, then find out it is not suited to the task.
        Last edited by kincsem; 07-02-10, 11:24.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

No need for a road bike for commuting imo, get a hybrid like the Specialized Sirrus.
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Group H one to avoid so far, Cyprus and Iceeland there

Comment

Rep Ireland
                Macedonia
                Armenia
                Andorra

so far

Comment

In a group with Maceonia Armenia an Andorra a the moment.

Comment

Euro 2012 draw: Ireland in group B with Macedonia Armenia & Andorra so far

Comment

Jinx, touch wood.

Sounds ghey.

Comment

Switzerland/Denmark and Croatia to follow please

Comment

Ye were sitting poised too, yeah?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                            Rep Ireland
                            Macedonia
                            Armenia
                            Andorra

so far
                            And Slovakia

Comment

Bollocks. Handy top seed please.

Comment

Group B

Russia
                                Slovakia
                                Rep Ireland
                                Macedonia
                                Armenia
                                Andorra

Germany, Turey Austria lol

Comment

Host could pull off a spectacular comb over with those eyebrows

Comment

That'll do pig, that'll do.

Comment

So, can't type with more than one finger so it's probably posted already, but.....

Group B:

Rep of Ireland
                                      Macedonia
                                      Russia
                                      Armenia
                                      Slovakia
                                      Andorra
                                      Russia

Discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                        So, can't type with more than one finger so it's probably posted already, but.....

Group B:

Rep of Ireland
                                        Macedonia
                                        Russia
                                        Armenia
                                        Slovakia
                                        Andorra
                                        Russia

Discuss.
                                        How many go through?

Comment

England
                                          Switzerland
                                          Bulgaria
                                          Wales
                                          Montenegro

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                            England
                                            Switzerland
                                            Bulgaria
                                            Wales
                                            Montenegro
                                            Bastards. That is a dream group.

Comment

Sorry, too many in my list. Russia, so good I named it twice.
                                              Apologies

Comment

Not the worst draw for Euro 2012 at all. We are in a group with Slovakia, Macedonia, Armenia, Andorra and Russia. Could have been much much worse ! Group of Death - Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakstan and Azerbajian. Good luck to the last two lads in that group anyway !
                                                No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                  How many go through?
                                                  At the conclusion of qualifying, the team at the top of each group will qualify automatically. The second-placed team with the most points from games versus the first-, third- fourth- and fifth-placed teams will qualify also. The remaining eight second-placed teams will contest two-legged playoffs for the right to join them.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                    For smoothies or any other breakfast stuff, get some of that whey protein powder that weightlifters use. Helps you make serotonin while you sleep that night, far more effective than prozac etc.
                                                    unless you are actually doing activity to utilize the excess protein i.e. weight lifting etc all your going to be left with is expensive urine - there isnt really much need for the non active population to be adding whey protein to smoothies IMO

Comment

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                      Could have been much much worse ! Group of Death - Germany, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Kazakstan and Azerbajian. Good luck to the last two lads in that group anyway !
                                                      LOL this is nothing close to a group of death! Austria and Belgium are rubbish, both ranked in the 60s in the world. Pretty decent draw for the Kaza and Azer.

Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland is the most competitive group and poor Scotland got stung landing Spain and Czech Rep.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        LOL this is nothing close to a group of death! Austria and Belgium are rubbish, both ranked in the 60s in the world. Pretty decent draw for the Kaza and Azer.
                                                        im pretty sure he was being sarcastic?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                          im pretty sure he was being sarcastic?
                                                          I doubt that

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                            Can you see any reason to not go with a bike like this?

Didn't realise there were so much technical details for bikes!
                                                            I googled the Carrera Virtuoso. The 2009 model got a very favourable review as an entry-level bike.

But did you notice it said "Size: Under 51". It is an end of range 2008 model. I am 5' 8" and my bikes are 54 cm. So an "Under 51" bike would suit someone of about 5'5" to 5'6" imo. You might need to pay more for a 2009 model to get your size.

I said earlier the first thing you need to get right is to get the right size frame for your height.

The next poster says "no need for a road bike ("racer") if you are commuting, get a Specialized Sirrus.

I have a Specialized Sirrus. They cost about €800. Nice advice but outside your price range I think.

The wheels on my best bike cost €600, so if you are paying about €250 for a new bike you are getting a basic model. But get the right size/

Comment

Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Cyprus, Iceland is the most competitive group and poor Scotland got stung landing Spain and Czech Rep.

fair enough
                                                              No Sig To See Here

Comment

unless you are actually doing activity to utilize the excess protein i.e. weight lifting etc all your going to be left with is expensive urine - there isnt really much need for the non active population to be adding whey protein to smoothies IMO
                                                                +1

Comment

Meteor do the most annoying adds, the fkcing cranky tea lady moaning about the office lads cleaning up after themselves is just pure muck, wtf. I'd empty the bledin kettle over that hag

Back today in the 270 event, trying to catch the last hour of the golf now as Quiros tries to putt himself out of contention.

great group for Ireland, somebody up there taking pity at last.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post

great group for Ireland, somebody up there taking pity at last.
                                                                    No doubt wel still manage to fcuk up in the most heart breaking of fashions

Comment

[QUOTE=Solskjaer;8061]Meteor do the most annoying adds, the fkcing cranky tea lady moaning about the office lads cleaning up after themselves is just pure muck, wtf. I'd empty the bledin kettle over that hag

I said the same to my missus about a week ago. Can she not just be happy for them? the wagon

Comment

Originally posted by shortstack View Post
                                                                        I think actually we got it spot on this year. We needed to be down to 27 players after 22 or 23 levels in order for it to finish as a 3 day event.

2011 will see 2 start days and the biggest change we will have to make there is to start a little earlier on each day one as we will have to play 12 levels on day one to make sure we lose as near to half the field as possible.

After that I think we will be looking at 7/8 levels a day with 90 mins for the final two days.

I think the fact that pretty much everyone who I have seen post so far about the structure this year did not play it and that every comment I have heard from the people that did play it is that it was fantastic says it all.

Anyone looking to play the €200 game would be best advised to get up here early to register. We open at 12pm for registration and will be capping the tournament at 200 players.
                                                                        I guess it does! I think your post neatly covers the situation, best of luck with the rest of the weekend and any future events you will be involved in.
                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

'expensive urine' That should be added to the tags
                                                                          Last edited by Bless You; 07-02-10, 12:18.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post

The next poster says "no need for a road bike ("racer") if you are commuting, get a Specialized Sirrus.

I have a Specialized Sirrus. They cost about €800. Nice advice but outside your price range I think.
                                                                            He can get the Elite model for £449 on sale atm since it's the 09 model http://www.evanscycles.com/products/...-bike-ec016918

10 model is much dearer

Work out how much you'll save here

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post

Posted by Elshambo
                                                                              Porrdige for breakfast is supposed to be good for those who dont get time to eat during say if you can eat it

The really lazy way to make porridge.

Get a Pyrex measuring jug / bowl (6" to 8" wide measuring jug with handle is good).
                                                                              One measure porrige / two measures water / pinch of salt if you like [measure?: small cup]
                                                                              Microwave it for about three minutes (or whatever works).
                                                                              Honey on top if you like.
                                                                              Milk

Eat it out of the jug / bowl.

If you are too lazy to do that you are lazy champion.

I played the €270 Green Joker Poker game yesterday. Had my 20,000 starting stack up to 20,300 at the break .
                                                                              Just after the break chased to the river with QdKd and rivered a Q. A boards poster surprised me with QQ. Lost 15,000 there.
                                                                              Then anted away to less than 2bb getting nil hands. Q8o no match for same posters 666.

if you can eat it as in if you dont find it disgusting

Comment

Opinions ?

How old is too old to emigrate?
                                                                                No Sig To See Here

Comment

Never!

Comment

...
                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 07-02-10, 13:00.

Comment

can anyone tell me where id find the cheapest flights to orlando at the end of april ???

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                          can anyone tell me where id find the cheapest flights to orlando at the end of april ???
                                                                                          ebookers is a pretty good website as it gives you the comparison between airlines but id then ring the airline directly to cut out the middle man

Comment

I don't think Belgium are rubbish, or at least I don't think they will be for much longer anyway. They have a few decent young established players like Fellaini and Vermaelen, and Defour at Standard Liege is highly rated. I'm glad we avoided them anyway.

it took somebody questioning Belgium's footballing talents for me to break my posting duck over here. Weird.

Comment

sometimes you might find a cheap option via connections. Try http://www.dohop.com

Comment

does age how much to do with it though? i would have thought loads of other stuff would have a much bigger weighting than that.

Comment

Full draw for Euro 2012

Ill underline the teams im picking to go through

GROUP A: Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium, Austria, Turkey, Germany
                                                                                                  GROUP B: Andorra, Armenia, Macedonia, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Russia
                                                                                                  GROUP C: Faroes, Estonia, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Italy
                                                                                                  GROUP D: Luxembourg, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Romania, France
                                                                                                  GROUP E: San Marino, Moldova, Hungary, Finland, Sweden, Netherlands
                                                                                                  GROUP F: Malta, Georgia, Latvia, Israel, Greece, Croatia
                                                                                                  GROUP G: Montenegro, Wales, Bulgaria, Switzerland, England
                                                                                                  GROUP H: Iceland, Cyprus, Norway, Denmark, Portugal
                                                                                                  GROUP I: Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Scotland, Czech Republic, Spain

I picked all 14 but obviously some of my picks could end up playing each other in the playoffs.

Comment

today is the last day of my christmas holidays. tough life!
                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-02-10, 13:16.

Comment

Anyone able to tell me what's wrong with these mp3 players? They look amazing for the general price of about £20, but surely there's some catch:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-16GB-MP3-M...item27af25ae0e
                                                                                                      There's a really good chance its 4gb (or less) and will lie to your computer and have shocking battery life. Have been stung before by cheap imitation crap from ebay.
                                                                                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

ebookers is a pretty good website as it gives you the comparison between airlines but id then ring the airline directly to cut out the middle man
                                                                                                        the cheapest ive found so far is 400 dont think im gonna get much cheaper ??

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                          does age how much to do with it though? i would have thought loads of other stuff would have a much bigger weighting than that.
                                                                                                          No serious relationship, could get a job elsewhere pretty easily ( I reckon), have US citizenship and EU obviously so that's 26+ countries to choose from, good health, little debt, family all grown, parents in good health etc.

Anything else I'm missing?
                                                                                                          No Sig To See Here

Comment

If you are coming up with a pros and cons list for immigrating and the cons list contains:

- will miss the Late Late Show

then you are probably too old...

otherwise jump on that boat, plane, hovercraft etc
                                                                                                            RTE Player ftw
                                                                                                            No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                              the cheapest ive found so far is 400 dont think im gonna get much cheaper ??
                                                                                                              is that return? that sounds pretty good tbh

Comment

...

Comment

Watching Up in the Air at the moment.

Don't see what all the fuss is about. Good but not great.

Comment

is that return? that sounds pretty good tbh
                                                                                                                    yeah thats return i thought that would be the best...but you never know what the bbv thread will come up with

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                      today is the last day of my christmas holidays. tough life!
                                                                                                                      well technical friday was...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                                                                          Full draw for Euro 2012

Ill underline the teams im picking to go through

GROUP A: Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Belgium, Austria, Turkey, Germany
                                                                                                                          GROUP B: Andorra, Armenia, Macedonia, Republic of Ireland, Slovakia, Russia
                                                                                                                          GROUP C: Faroes, Estonia, Slovenia, Northern Ireland, Serbia, Italy
                                                                                                                          GROUP D: Luxembourg, Albania, Belarus, Bosnia, Romania, France
                                                                                                                          GROUP E: San Marino, Moldova, Hungary, Finland, Sweden, Netherlands
                                                                                                                          GROUP F: Malta, Georgia, Latvia, Israel, Greece, Croatia
                                                                                                                          GROUP G: Montenegro, Wales, Bulgaria, Switzerland, England
                                                                                                                          GROUP H: Iceland, Cyprus, Norway, Denmark, Portugal
                                                                                                                          GROUP I: Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Scotland, Czech Republic, Spain

I picked all 14 but obviously some of my picks could end up playing each other in the playoffs.

You need two more teams!
                                                                                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X