This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hitchhiker....
    what happened with that orgy thing in prague? did that go ahead yet?

or did you think better off it?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Second prediction out the window now. Balls

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
        Slovakia. Italy. Brazil. triple up and gonna take the lot. Chooo chooo

Im sticking to GAA punting at least I know something about it

Comment

Im sticking to GAA punting at least I know something about it
          You got KK right anyway. They were a bit rusty as I expected, but I didnt factor in just how awful Dublin are.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Have a double on Italy NZ in the handicap draw -2 and Brazil ftw to get me out of the hole though. One time.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Trying a one-time thing at qualifying thing for the WSOP supersat tonight. (then presumably trying a one-time thing at getting $12k or heading over to WSOP. Have $60 in the account for the $8 rebuy, plus have this bad boy of a present in the corner for support:

Haven't opened it yet, but the reviews of it are fairly spectacular. Will be highly disappointed if it tastes like normal Chivas Regal. But, yeah, the main thing is the qualification to the WSOP supersat (insert pacman smilie about here)
                I'm doing exactly the same thing tonight, except mine's a bottle of 12 year McCallan's. Good luck, and don't forget to post updates in the thread in online discussion!
                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Ah ....... glad you asked!

Nah, there was two problems.

Well essentially we took her out on the first night (she just flew back today) and got her so drunk she couldn't touch a drop of drink for the next four days. Without that social lubricant the chances withered a bit. Also, the gf got some bad news (not that bad, but bad enough that she also had to fly home today to Russia) and that disincentivised her a bit towards the three of us hopping into bed together.

Didn't even suggest it was on my mind obv; you'd almost think i was the nicest bf ever if you didn't know any better

Still, have definitely laid the groundwork for the next visit!
                    probably for the best
                    i could see things being a bit awkward in the morning.

but hey if the gf is up for it and she has a willing friend then well played with the not letting on you were dissappointed act. i wouldn't stay to quiet about it though as she might think that you are not interested in it

keep us informed on any further developments

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Trying a one-time thing at qualifying thing for the WSOP supersat tonight. (then presumably trying a one-time thing at getting $12k or heading over to WSOP. Have $60 in the account for the $8 rebuy, plus have this bad boy of a present in the corner for support:

Haven't opened it yet, but the reviews of it are fairly spectacular. Will be highly disappointed if it tastes like normal Chivas Regal. But, yeah, the main thing is the qualification to the WSOP supersat (insert pacman smilie about here)
                      Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                      I'm doing exactly the same thing tonight, except mine's a bottle of 12 year McCallan's. Good luck, and don't forget to post updates in the thread in online discussion!
                      hhmmmm
                      maybe i should rush out and buy a bottle of 30yr midleton rare

but hey if i can win the $10 donkament(me being the biggest) iam in atm i will be happy with that

Comment

LOL at the French. They go to train, Domenech has a fight with the fitness coach as they are warming up. Fitness coach quits, team director upon hearing this, then quits. Team get back on bus without training and go home. Make Keane and McCarthy look functional.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                          LOL at the French. They go to train, Domenech has a fight with the fitness coach as they are warming up. Fitness coach quits, team director upon hearing this, then quits. Team get back on bus without training and go home. Make Keane and McCarthy look functional.
                          It was Evra that had the fight with the fitness coach apparently, Domenech intervened.

Comment

Domenech is clearly a headcase as well as a terrible coach. They should just sack him now and bring Blanc out.
                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Try it with a drop of milk.
                              Sounds disgusting, but tastes absolutely sublime.
                              glglgl

Comment

Italy looking like they'll face a Holland V Italy last 16 tie. Added to a possible Brazil v Spain last 16 tie and theres some heavyweight contenders going to bite the dust.

Comment

My week at PLO25

Comment

Comment

Bent is fine, if you revolve your entire game around the fact that he doesn't do anything apart from score goals which to be fair to him he does very well.

But he isn't able to play with Rooney, contributes nothing to open play, and isn't going to have that bit of magic that could make the difference in a world cup. As a fifth choice striker he's just a waste of a player, whether Heskey is any different in that regard is debatable but at least he's proven as a useful international striker.

LOL.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                        Bent is a goalscorer, Heskey isnt. While playing the target is not one of his main strengths, he offers more than simply that. Heskey cannot finish, cannot beat a man, isnt capable of a clever pass. Bent can do all this a lot better than Heskey. No I'm not saying he is a world class player but he offers a fuller package that someone to toss the ball to and hope it bounces favourably off him. More than this, England shouldnt have a Lump, play Gerrard behind Rooney and have options on the bench that can score.
                                        The status quo of a 'lump' to hold the ball up and pass to the talented striker is terribly outdated and it is ridiculous that English mentality and apparently a lot here believe it is the most effective way to win the WC.
                                        It is effectively a waste of a player.
                                        The big man little man combo(not that rooney is a traditional little man) works when the big man can score and is capable of using the ball
                                        Shearer and Sutton worked because of this.
                                        England should be aiming for more of a Daglish Rush type combo.
                                        i amaze meself sometimes
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

LOL.
                                          Yes, Darren Bent is definitely the answer to England's problems.

With Bent and Joe Cole starting, I'd have them favourites for sure.

Comment

Slovakia. Italy. Brazil. triple up and gonna take the lot. Chooo chooo
                                            quoted again for lols - I wonder how this will affect the market for the 3rd game

Comment

Evras press conference was intresting,basically said Anelka wasnt the man to blame. As far as I could read it he basically was saying publically that Domenach is a chancer.

Comment

He will probably think you are being serious so FYP.
                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

quoted again for lols - I wonder how this will affect the market for the 3rd game
                                                  Maybe 2010 is the year you run bad - your gettin all the bad luck out of the way this year - and you'll run good from then on.

Was probably a good idea that you didn't go to vegas this year

Comment

Look, I know I'm in the minority here but Heskey is meant to be a striker.
                                                    One on one against Howard in the 1st game, NOONE in the stadium expected heskey to score, not even Heskey.
                                                    The ironic thing about it is he was still the best England player over the 2 games.
                                                    However, playing Heskey allows the long ball to be the dominant tactic for England. The point being made against Bent was all he can do is score.
                                                    Looking at the last two games, Bent would have made a huge difference.
                                                    The initial 3 games should have been easy, there were no world class defenders in these games.
                                                    Bent could have went to town here.
                                                    Then, after scoring like a Loon against the likes of Algeria would be primed to do a Schillaci for the WC.
                                                    Im maybe not being concise in my argument but I'm still a little drunk

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                      Evras press conference was intresting,basically said Anelka wasnt the man to blame. As far as I could read it he basically was saying publically that Domenach is a chancer.
                                                      linkage?

Comment

Gmail down for anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by BlindLimper View Post
                                                          Gmail down for anyone else?
                                                          Working fine here.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                            Working fine here.
                                                            +1

Comment

think iam starting to get the gist of this poker now

when you have KK and no ace comes on the flop, you could then assume that someone else is holding AA as this reduces the chance of an ace on the flop, which btw would seem to be another given when holding KK

Comment

Look, I know I'm in the minority here but Heskey is meant to be a striker.
                                                                One on one against Howard in the 1st game, NOONE in the stadium expected heskey to score, not even Heskey.
                                                                The ironic thing about it is he was still the best England player over the 2 games.
                                                                However, playing Heskey allows the long ball to be the dominant tactic for England. The point being made against Bent was all he can do is score.
                                                                Looking at the last two games, Bent would have made a huge difference.
                                                                The initial 3 games should have been easy, there were no world class defenders in these games.
                                                                Bent could have went to town here.
                                                                Then, after scoring like a Loon against the likes of Algeria would be primed to do a Schillaci for the WC.
                                                                Im maybe not being concise in my argument but I'm still a little drunk
                                                                Darren Bent scores goals when the ball is put in front of him with nobody but the goalkeeper to beat.
                                                                How does this happen you ask? Generally he is put through on the counter, he has blinding pace and a great finish.
                                                                Jermaine Defore is very similar to Bent in that he is very quick and possesse a very good finish but he does more too, he will go and help the team when they are defending which Bent won't ever do, he can pass the ball which Bent is unable to do, he can hold the ball up which Bent is unable to do.

See the problem is that you keep harping on about Heskey and comparing him to Bent, Defoe and Bent is who you should be comparing.
                                                                Every team needs options and Heskey is the preferred option with Rooney, if its not working then you have a big man who can score goals in Crouch but with a lot less presence than Heskey, and a very quick goalscorer in Defoe.

There was never any need for Bent, I do think he improved a bit last season and Steve Bruce will get the best out of him but there is no way he should have been in the squad ahead of who was picked. And to be quite honest I would bring Gabby Agbonlahor, Bobby Zamora or Carlton Cole ahead of him too.

I don't agree that Bent would have made a difference in the last two games as Defoe is Bent+ more talent, although it has to be said that anybody would have done better than Rooney but we're not discussing Rooney here as he was certain to be in the squad.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVNLgFJf_nM[/ame]

Should be it. Basically saying there is a traitor in the ranks,but reading between the lines seems to suggest Domenach allowed the leak to happen.

Helps if you can speak French!
                                                                  Last edited by Closed_Account; 20-06-10, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVNLgFJf_nM

Should be it. Basically saying there is a traitor in the ranks,but reading between the lines seems to suggest Domenach allowed the leak to happen.
                                                                    Thanks for posting that.

* now wheres that Rosetta Stone French.

Comment

Soccer is boring, but without a fully functioning broadband connection and a laptop is is completely unwatchable.

Fck you Eircon you shower of lazy cnuts. 5 poxy days and they still haven't fixed my line.

It was kind of funny and quite gratifying to have to wait ten minutes for the pictures of the World Cup Girls to load.
                                                                      Oh and the wan in the yelllow top with the dark hair on her own wins and it ain't even close.
                                                                      Last edited by Strewelpeter; 20-06-10, 16:58.
                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                        I reckon you are on to something there!

You are wrong about Joe Cole though, he is a proper footballer, might be no good but he along with Rooney (and maybe A. Cole) is the only lad in the England team who could fit into the Spanish/Dutch/Brazilian style of play

Joe Cole's actual problem is that he is probably an idiot
                                                                        Joe Cole is about as far removed from the Spanish style of play as you can get. That is all about consistently making the right decision, keeping things simple, holding on to the ball and intelligent short passing play, or attempting to do all of those things anyway. Cole is completely and utterly woeful at about all of those things. He's about as braindead as they come, has ruthless consistently with making the wrong decision, over complicates everything and loses possession like it comes with a curse but can occasionally do something spectacular because he does have very good natural technique. Cole wouldn't get in a Spain squad of 50 players never mind 23.

Not sure what's more epic, NZ today or France's implosion, despite it's poor first round of games I'm really enjoying the world cup now
                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zEZbnF9V8Y&feature=channel[/ame]
                                                                          Last edited by a-k-47; 20-06-10, 17:07.

Comment

sickaments

Full Tilt, NL Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 6 Players
                                                                            LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: 4,935
                                                                            BTN: 5,255
                                                                            SB: 4,910
                                                                            Hero (BB): 4,940
                                                                            UTG: 5,220
                                                                            MP: 5,690

Pre-Flop: (45) 8 8 dealt to Hero (BB)
                                                                            UTG calls 30, MP calls 30, 2 folds, SB calls 15, Hero raises to 105, UTG calls 75, MP calls 75, SB folds

Flop: (345) Q K 8 (3 Players)
                                                                            Hero bets 180, UTG raises to 510, MP folds, Hero raises to 1,440, UTG raises to 5,115 and is All-In, Hero calls 3,395 and is All-In

Turn: (10,015) 4 (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (10,015) K (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 10,015 Pot
                                                                            Hero showed 8 8 and LOST (-4,910 NET)
                                                                            UTG showed K 8 and WON 10,015 (+5,075 NET)

Comment

Oleras and anyone else who is interested, Bruce Sprinsteen's Hyde Park DVD is top notch, 'nuff said!!

Comment

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a final round in a major as I am tonight. Would love if Ernie and Phil start really strong to make it even more competitive, but I guess it's Dustin's to lose from here! He has been playing great, and I don't see any reason why he should implode, but he is plenty short enough at the minute I reckon with Tiger breathing down his neck...

Comment

For WSOP ME sats on FT, do they do the same as PokerStars and put the money into your account or do they just sign you up to it?

Comment

What time coverage start for the US Open?

Crazy looking leaderboard, the top 8 are well scattered.
                                                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

i have an a/c with fulltilt but i cannot recieve rakeback as it is associated with an affiliate, but i don't know who this affiliate is.

i have e-mailed support and asked them to release the name of the affiliate to me. but they have refused saying that its their privacy policy.

i have asked them to close my a/c and allow me open a new a/c for rakeback purposes, but no good.

i have threatened to move my business elsewhere and they are not to bothered (that was my trump card). this really sucks as i think the fulltilt software is the nuts, and don't particuarily like the software on stars or ipoker.

the kunundrum for me now is i want to play the wsop sat tonight and don't have any funds left on fulltilt, so iam looking at shipping the full $640 on for the game.

i feel sick at the thought off giving those stubborn cunts another $40

the wife has a rakeback a/c but it is hard to get money onto this a/c as she refuses to allow her credit/card details to go online.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                        For WSOP ME sats on FT, do they do the same as PokerStars and put the money into your account or do they just sign you up to it?
                                                                                        They sign you up according to site, but can get cash if win another one elsewhere
                                                                                        If it's the $1 sat, only 20,100 runners left, gl!

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                          They sign you up according to site, but can get cash if win another one elsewhere
                                                                                          fairly sure you can take the cash

Comment

Doke and Durrr

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                              I thought it was a sat for the MSOP.

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                              fairly sure you can take the cash

ugh. I'll check the site, not wasting my time with this if I can't get the cash.

Comment

Sun 1 - 0 Emmet

Comment

just realised tupac is playing in goal for the ivory coast .

Comment

This is one of the craziest music videos I have ever seen.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GOZjlwIwfk[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Fantastic finish from Fabiano.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                        This is one of the craziest music videos I have ever seen.

Opr
                                                                                                        Was posted a few weeks back, its the nuts alright

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                          Italy looking like they'll face a Holland V Italy last 16 tie. Added to a possible Brazil v Spain last 16 tie and theres some heavyweight contenders going to bite the dust.
                                                                                                          And just noticed that the winners of these 2 ties would play each other in the quarter finals. Really opens the draw up for an outsider in the other half.

Comment

Hand ball imo...Some finish though
                                                                                                            "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                                                              Hand ball imo...Some finish though
                                                                                                              Two hand balls even.

Comment

Didn't think it was a handball, see it again after the game but anyways brilliant goal.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                  Didn't think it was a handball, see it again after the game but anyways brilliant goal.
                                                                                                                  you don't deserve your username

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                                    you don't deserve your username
                                                                                                                    His tagline however is entirely deserved

Comment

Disaster for Ivory Coast, goal difference is going to be crucial.

Comment

Good night to have Kaka capt in the FF.....24 points

Pity my one transfer was to move out Fabiano though

Comment

It was only a 1pt bet to juice up on Brazil, but if this had of went through 3 seconds earlier. Bet was processing for about 10 seconds before Elano scored 13/8 now

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X