Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

happy fathers day
    You forgot England there...

Comment

Ozzie on the RTE panel today

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Ozzie on the RTE panel today
        And already saying Maradona is best manager in the world. Legend.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYklZykouBo[/ame]

The king is back.

Comment

Slovakia. Italy. Brazil. triple up and gonna take the lot. Chooo chooo

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
              Paraguay, Italy, Brazil imo

Galway -8, Limerick +16 in the hurling

TJ Reid first goal 11/1 in the KK game.

Comment

Defo paraguay over Slovakia if there is going to be a winner imo

Comment

Put the gaff on KK today

Comment

Paraguay, Italy, Brazil imo

Galway -8, Limerick +16 in the hurling

TJ Reid first goal 11/1 in the KK game.
                    Limerick +16?? I havnt looked at the hurling games yet il do that now

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                      Put the gaff on KK today
                      Will they beat the 9 point handicap though? I'm not so sure.

I actually think Galway will win Leinster this year and KK will come through the back door to win the AI

Comment

I actually think Galway will win Leinster this year and KK will come through the back door to win the AI
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                          Fail

Comment

From what I hear, they are training harder this year than any other year.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                              From what I hear, they are training harder this year than any other year.
                              Yep, by all acccounts Cody gave them a right old bollocking after the league. With KK not taking the league seriously this year and Galway going for it, I feel that Galway could be peaking too soon for the All Ireland, but perfectly for Leinster. Whereas the Cats are (rightly) all about getting the 5 in a row. They'll just have the one competitve game against Dublin before a Leinster final, Galway will have had the last game of the league series, the league final and 2 Leinster championship games against Wexford and Offaly. Think they might catch a KK team still on their way to peak form in the Leinster final.

The bad thing about this for the rest of us is that while KK may lose one championship game in a season they are unlikely to lose 2, and I'd fancy them to come back to win the big one. Of course not winning Leinster in 2004 was instrumental in them missing out on 3 in a row that year. So there's hope yet!

Comment

I dont know an awful lot about Limerick but surely the handicap is a bit high? 16 points is huge!

I think Kilkenny will easily beat the Handicap - a poorish league campaign by their standards will mean that there will be a lot of players out to prove themselves. Dublin were lolbad against Laois and apart from a good midfielder they really are an average outfit

I also think Galway will easily beat the Handicap. They'll be gunning for Leinster this year and will want to lay down a marker

Comment

I dont know an awful lot about Limerick but surely the handicap is a bit high? 16 points is huge!

I think Kilkenny will easily beat the Handicap - a poorish league campaign by their standards will mean that there will be a lot of players out to prove themselves. Dublin were lolbad against Laois and apart from a good midfielder they really are an average outfit

I also think Galway will easily beat the Handicap. They'll be gunning for Leinster this year and will want to lay down a marker
                                  I expect Dublin to crowd the defense, relying on the tall men like Liam Rushe and Dotsy up front to make up for lack of numbers in attack, this combined with some possible rustiness for KK doesnt fill me with confidence that KK will win by 10 points. Not saying it wont happen, but I'm not putting the dosh on it

The +16 on Limerick is pretty big. They are awful but will do alright for the first while, the question is will Cork want to give them an absolute walloping. I dont think so.

I think Galway are nailed on to beat the 8 point handicap against Offaly though.

Comment

Has there been a goal scored from outside the box yet in this World Cup? Ive never seen so many teams make the wrong decisions so many times with regards passing.

We are a good bit into the World Cup now and yet players cannot seem to control that ball, surely at this stage they would of been able to make adjustments to it, ive seen very little in regards good corners/free kicks/shots been taken they are just blazing them all over the place. Just watching matches is tilting the fuck out of me when you see this constantly happening

I think the only match im gonna watch today is gonna be Brazil im not the biggest fan in the world compared to some of the lads that post here with major in depth analysis but i have watched a good few of the matches and im just not in the mood for it today
                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Great goal Paraguay

Comment

Great goal Paraguay
                                        good finish terrible defending .

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                          good finish terrible defending .
                                          Peach of a pass through for it though as well. Perfect for the game as well.

Comment

Peach of a pass through for it though as well. Perfect for the game as well.
                                            That is some rush/pressure defence Paraguay have put up, once the ball enters their half there are 2on1's or 3on1's for every match up.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                Has there been a goal scored from outside the box yet in this World Cup? Ive never seen so many teams make the wrong decisions so many times with regards passing.

We are a good bit into the World Cup now and yet players cannot seem to control that ball, surely at this stage they would of been able to make adjustments to it, ive seen very little in regards good corners/free kicks/shots been taken they are just blazing them all over the place. Just watching matches is tilting the fuck out of me when you see this constantly happening

I think the only match im gonna watch today is gonna be Brazil im not the biggest fan in the world compared to some of the lads that post here with major in depth analysis but i have watched a good few of the matches and im just not in the mood for it today

The 'jabulani' ball has robbed us of sublime free kicks and the long distance rockets that we should be getting at a world cup.

We should be getting alot more of this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTBAYO0YvW8&feature=fvw[/ame]

and this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPUrYJC8do4&feature=related[/ame]
                                                Last edited by dannydiamond; 20-06-10, 12:30.
                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Nice little piece there at halftime on the BBC about the 1966 North Koreans in the World Cup.
                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                    The 'jabulani' ball has robbed us of sublime free kicks and the long distance rockets that we should be getting at a world cup.
                                                    What did you think of Terry's press conferece comments Danny?

Comment

cliffs?

Comment

cliffs?
                                                        Havent seen the conference but from what I hear he said that its not working for England and the players are going to have a meeting with Capello tonight to voice their opinions on what they should do, and that Joe Cole should be playing cause him and Rooney are the only two who can open up stubborn defences.

Comment

J.Cole is crap. Why do only Ancelotti and myself get this.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            J.Cole is crap. Why do only Ancelotti and myself get this.
                                                            Even Ozzie thinks he's the answer to England's woes. He also recommended a night out on the batter Maradona style

Comment

I reckon you'll be wrong about Dublin, Handicap on 9 is a lot.

Comment

Joe Cole is the best example ever of the joke British press, and how players become infinitely better the less they play.

You'd swear he's Messi by the way they are going on now he's not playing, when in fact he's a super average cockney wideboy, who's just slightly better than David fucking Bentley.

Comment

He handled it very well and said all the right things really. No surprises.

I posted yesterday about the fear of losing and that I thought they'd chocked. He touched on that but expects to see a different England on Wednesday.

It's knockout time now, they just have to have a go.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU1gOvcifj0[/ame]

Comment

Even Ozzie thinks he's the answer to England's woes. He also recommended a night out on the batter Maradona style
                                                                    Second part sounds like fun.

Englands woes are the crappy tactics. Crouch needs to start. If Heskey starts again they will meet France next week, in the airport heading home.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      Second part sounds like fun.

Englands woes are the crappy tactics. Crouch needs to start. If Heskey starts again they will meet France next week, in the airport heading home.
                                                                      If Heskey starts again i'll weep.

I wouldn't be reading too much into the meeting with Capello, i'd imagine this would be a regular thing as opposed a 'we're facing down the manager'.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                        Joe Cole is the best example ever of the joke British press, and how players become infinitely better the less they play.

You'd swear he's Messi by the way they are going on now he's not playing, when in fact he's a super average cockney wideboy, who's just slightly better than David fucking Bentley.
                                                                        Well said.

People think he is class because he can do a stepover and a flick. People don't realise more often that not that flick/stepover leads to a wasted attack. I am delighted Chelsea let him go.

He will probably replace Bentley

Comment

If Heskey starts again i'll weep.
                                                                          Me too, from all the laughing

Comment

KK goal in 45 secs. lol

Comment

strangely poor shooting from KK so far.

Shefflin playing fantastic though.

Comment

FFS Heskey is doing what he is supposed to do, its the players around him that aren't doing it.

The first player that should be dropped off that team is Rooney, he has been woeful in both games. The lad is clearly not even near his normal self. Then drop one of Lampard or Gerrard and it doesn't matter much which one.

Now I'm not gonna tell what the best tactics to play are but at least Lamps/Gerrard will have room to do their thing.

Heskey invariably gets dropped if this happens but its not because of his performances but more because if you play Defoe you play Crouch as they know each other so well.

The biggest problem that any England manager has is that they are forced to play all the big names even though it doesn't make sense. Spain are a great team but Fabregas and Torres have to be happy to sit on the bench, if that team was English the whole country would have blamed the manager for the loss to Switzerland and they would be asking why Fabregas and Torres were not starting. The fact that it was a freak result and Spain were extremely unlucky would never be discussed.
                                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I have my own theory on England's constant disappointment at World Cups.

Basically they are so socially retarded and out of touch with reality that as soon as they have to leave the comfort of their clubs, and usual surroundings that they cannot cope. We've heard numerous reports that the players are bored, and cannot stand the camp with grumblings about Capello's authoritative attitude.

England historically perform better with a manager who the players like and can relate too, Robson and Venables for example. A "gaffer" kind of figure who can put their arm round the overpaid children and boost their huge egos even further. Tactically superb managers like McClaren and Sven will struggle as most of the England players are too stupid to hold a conversation let alone comprehend the tactical aspect of the game that foreign teams seem to pick up so easily. I'm convinced they would actually do better with a Maradona type manager who let them kinda do their own thing.

Comment

Basically they are so socially retarded and out of touch with reality that as soon as they have to leave the comfort of their clubs, and usual surroundings that they cannot cope. We've heard numerous reports that the players are bored, and cannot stand the camp with grumblings about Capello's authoritative attitude.

England historically perform better with a manager who the players like and can relate too, Robson and Venables for example. A "gaffer" kind of figure who can put their arm round the overpaid children and boost their huge egos even further. Tactically superb managers like McClaren and Sven will struggle as most of the England players are too stupid to hold a conversation let alone comprehend the tactical aspect of the game that foreign teams seem to pick up so easily. I'm convinced they would actually do better with a Maradona type manager who let them kinda do their own thing.
                                                                                    so basically, hit the nightclubs for the next few nights, and they should cruise through to the finals.
                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Henry Shefflin becomes the all time top scorer in championship hurling with 440 points. What a player.

Comment

LOL at the dublin half forward getting mowed over

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                          so basically, hit the nightclubs for the next few nights, and they should cruise through to the finals.
                                                                                          Can't be any worse!

Comment

Yeah agree with this, very good point.
                                                                                            ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                            I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                              FFS Heskey is doing what he is supposed to do, its the players around him that aren't doing it.
                                                                                              Don't get me wrong Heskey's done alright.
                                                                                              He needs to be dropped to change the team around. Yeah, Rooney's been dire but it's in Englands interest to try and get the most out of him.

Ironically it's because Rooney has been so bad that Heskey has to go, if you know what I mean.

Comment

KK's rustiness showing a little bit. They should be completely out of sight. 10 wides in the first half. Dublin forwards lolbad.

Comment

Don't get me wrong Heskey's done alright.
                                                                                                  He needs to be dropped to change the team around. Yeah, Rooney's been dire but it's in Englands interest to try and get the most out of him.

Ironically it's because Rooney has been so bad that Heskey has to go, if you know what I mean.
                                                                                                  The only reason to drop Heskey is if they are dropping Rooney also.

You cannot depend on a player thats been a pale shadow of himself. This is the England problem that I'm talking about, it seems that the big name players can do no wrong. Even if they play horrendously they still get selected.

Rooney has to be dropped due to loss of form, changing things around is not going to improve him, the guy is clearly not up to it at the moment. Why that is I don't know but its got nothing to do with tactics.

Comment

lol Setanta Ireland. World Cup, championship hurling, and US Open golf on elsewhere, these lads are left showing Namibia v Georgia live Rugby Union

Comment

lol Setanta Ireland. World Cup, championship hurling, and US Open golf on elsewhere, these lads are left showing Namibia v Georgia live Rugby Union
                                                                                                      Don't worry there are a few houses in south Dublin who will rate this as the biggest sporting event of the day

Comment

balls i forgot about that

Comment

Henry Shefflin becomes the all time top scorer in championship hurling with 440 points. What a player.
                                                                                                          Always a pleasure to watch him play even in the Black and Amber.

I'd take the points record with a pinch of salt though as the Leinster championship is infinitely easier than Munster year on year.
                                                                                                          Last edited by Sirtoyou; 20-06-10, 13:56.

Comment

shipp the triple up

Full Tilt, NL Hold'em Tournament, 15/30 Blinds, 8 Players
                                                                                                            LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG+1: 4,880
                                                                                                            MP1: 5,075
                                                                                                            MP2: 7,955
                                                                                                            Hero (CO): 5,110
                                                                                                            BTN: 4,740
                                                                                                            SB: 4,410
                                                                                                            BB: 5,000
                                                                                                            UTG: 4,770

Pre-Flop: (45) 2 2 dealt to Hero (CO)
                                                                                                            UTG raises to 60, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls 60, MP2 calls 60, Hero calls 60, BTN raises to 270, SB calls 255, BB folds, UTG calls 210, MP1 folds, MP2 calls 210, Hero calls 210

Flop: (1,440) 2 K 9 (5 Players)
                                                                                                            SB checks, UTG checks, MP2 bets 1,440, Hero calls 1,440, BTN raises to 4,470 and is All-In, 2 folds, MP2 calls 3,030, Hero raises to 4,840 and is All-In, MP2 calls 370

Turn: (15,590) 6 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (15,590) 3 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 15,590 Pot
                                                                                                            MP2 showed A K and LOST (-5,110 NET)
                                                                                                            Hero showed 2 2 and WON 15,590 (+10,480 NET)
                                                                                                            BTN showed T K and LOST (-4,740 NET)

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I reckon you are on to something there!

You are wrong about Joe Cole though, he is a proper footballer, might be no good but he along with Rooney (and maybe A. Cole) is the only lad in the England team who could fit into the Spanish/Dutch/Brazilian style of play

Joe Cole's actual problem is that he is probably an idiot

Your Gerrards/Lampards etc are not footballers in any historical/fluent sense they are Soccer Players (you should know now what the soccer word means to a Sligo man )

there is not the intelligence in English football that you find in others countries (even in ours))

I think it is social rather than just footballer thing, If you hear the comedian Micky Flanagan talking about growing up in the old east end of London and the attitude to life most around him had, its shocking tbh
                                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 20-06-10, 14:16.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                Now I'm not gonna tell what the best tactics to play are but at least Lamps/Gerrard will have room to do their thing.
                                                                                                                Are you saying you don't know, or you don't care to tell?

Comment

So the world cup has been some fun punting so far, still waiting on a winning bet.

Ghana V Aus - 2.5+ goals at 13/8.

Double on England v Algeria (+2.5) and USA Slovenia (draw)

Argentina V South Korea 2-0 at half time, put it on when after they went 1-0 up and Samuel fucked up in the last minute of the half.

Spain V Switzerland - +2.5 goals

Argentina V Nigeria - + 2.5 goals

Argentina V Nigeria - Argentina -1

South Africa V Mexico - Mexico win.

A few random first goalscorer bets too that were no good.

I quit, well probably not.

Vietnam is amazing btw.

Comment

OMG, please no this can't happen.

Comment

Italoly.

Comment

errrmm.... do we laugh or celebrate that goal hahaha

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X