This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    Hmmm... if you hadn't been the one who posted it I'd say they are some decent bets. The Meath one in particular.
    Dont just tak BK's word for it Keith

Comment

This is one of the funniest lines i've ever read on IPB from The SheepMasters betting challenge.

Originally posted by TheSheepMaster
      All funds must be escrowed the Wednesday before the first Saturday that matches take place.

The escrow must not only be a well known member of this forum. But also someone who has plenty of money such as Marty Smyth or some other big winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        This is one of the funniest lines i've ever read on IPB from The SheepMasters betting challenge.
        Is Marty busto?
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Whats the deal with people robbing other peoples uploads to youtube? You see the same clip but by 10 different people I remember zuroph videoed something uploaded it to youtube and within a few minutes somebody had downloaded and reupped it their account.
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
            Is Marty busto?
            Far from it i'd imagine...

Comment

Is DBC the Sheepmaster?

Comment

Does anybody know who he is? I just thought it was a troll/level account when it just appeared one day.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                  Is DBC the Sheepmaster?
                  Deffo not imo.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

he's some walter anyway.

@TD I presume its people hoping to get the mosts hits to their account. Remember that youtube profit share now. My few videos have pulled me in the massive sum of €5.52 in the last few months. so if they poach videos and get their hits up they run a chance of celaning up in the adverts piece.
                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSheepMaster View Post
                      Denamrk are an extremely average team and Cameroon will not light up any matches by their standards. I predict a draw and a very boring match.
                      Cameroon have been notable by their utter disorganisation. Both in the friendlies preceding the WC and in the first game.

Denmark v organised in defence but only have Bendtner as an attacking option.

Under 1.5 goals 6/4 with lads and Denmark 6/4 win is appealing.
                      To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                        he's some walter anyway.

@TD I presume its people hoping to get the mosts hits to their account. Remember that youtube profit share now. My few videos have pulled me in the massive sum of €5.52 in the last few months. so if they poach videos and get their hits up they run a chance of celaning up in the adverts piece.
                        I did not know that, could you explain it a little?

Comment

Originally Posted by TheSheepMaster
                          Denamrk are an extremely average team and Cameroon will not light up any matches by their standards. I predict a draw and a very boring match.
                          Denmark comfortably won a group that included Portugal and Sweden. They were unlucky against Holland and are definitely an above-average, if obviously defensive team.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                            I did not know that, could you explain it a little?
                            Once you have a video that doesnt have any copyright infringement etc, and it reaches a certain amount of view per day, youtube will contact you and ask you to consider placing ads on your viedo. you set up a google adsense account, and share the profits. I've youtube ads on 4 or five of my videos, and they seems to generate a few cent a day, if you got one BIG viral video, the money earned would be pretty decent i'd say. My sky video I couldnt put forward as i don't own the rights to the footage, but even so, if it got a huge amount of views, you'd get some spill over to your other videos and earn money that way. its pays in two ways, you get a payment from youtube directly, and a payment from google adsense. It used to only happen for massive hit videos, but these days i'm getting offered for lower and lower hit videos.
                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Once you have a video that doesnt have any copyright infringement etc, and it reaches a certain amount of view per day, youtube will contact you and ask you to consider placing ads on your viedo. you set up a google adsense account, and share the profits. I've youtube ads on 4 or five of my videos, and they seems to generate a few cent a day, if you got one BIG viral video, the money earned would be pretty decent i'd say. My sky video I couldnt put forward as i don't own the rights to the footage, but even so, if it got a huge amount of views, you'd get some spill over to your other videos and earn money that way. its pays in two ways, you get a payment from youtube directly, and a payment from google adsense. It used to only happen for massive hit videos, but these days i'm getting offered for lower and lower hit videos.
                              How many hits are you talking?

Comment

Hmm interesting i had no idea, i do hate those fucking ads thou! Cheers for that man, may you become ridiculously wealthy from that

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  The SheepMasters betting challenge.
                                  I'm not sure if he is a scammer or not - I don't think so, but I know a few here have surmised that he might be.
                                  But if anyone is thinking of taking him up on his betting challenge theres a bit of a hole in it.

Lets say the first week I bet 50 points - now we all know the bookies have a ~10% (more on correct score stuff) edge on footie bets so its reasonable to expect that I might lose 10 or 20 of those points. I'm immediately behind and I lose another 10 or 20 points the following week. Meanwhile the clever Sheepmaster has not had a bet at all. He never plays as much as a point, just watches me lose to the bookies margin in my fruitless attempts to get back level.
                                  The way the contest is currently framed someone who never bets a point is going to beat the 95%+ of losing punters.

Comment

I only got offered on my first video when it reached around 80k views I think.
                                    then next one was at 45k
                                    I got asked about sky news one almost straight away, so around 1000 views in a day. it might either be down to how quickly the views were coming in, or how well my other videos had done, I dunno. just checked account there, I'm up to €7!!! loaded! still, one viral hit, and you could clean up. imagine the clicks those 22million view videos are getting if someone watching my videos are clicking through every day. I checked there and on one video there was only 2 clickthroughs the other days, but I got $2 from it obviously because they bought something, so having relevent ads is a clear help too.
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                      I'm not sure if he is a scammer or not - I don't think so, but I know a few here have surmised that he might be.
                                      But if anyone is thinking of taking him up on his betting challenge theres a bit of a hole in it.

Lets say the first week I bet 50 points - now we all know the bookies have a ~10% (more on correct score stuff) edge on footie bets so its reasonable to expect that I might lose 10 or 20 of those points. I'm immediately behind and I lose another 10 or 20 points the following week. Meanwhile the clever Sheepmaster has not had a bet at all. He never plays as much as a point, just watches me lose to the bookies margin in my fruitless attempts to get back level.
                                      The way the contest is currently framed someone who never bets a point is going to beat the 95%+ of losing punters.
                                      So he's scamming without scamming (a trickster if you will), along the lines of I bet you any money that Queen are singing that song, ...... you lose, it's Freddie Mercury etc.

Comment

I only got offered on my first video when it reached around 80k views I think.
                                        then next one was at 45k
                                        I got asked about sky news one almost straight away, so around 1000 views in a day. it might either be down to how quickly the views were coming in, or how well my other videos had done, I dunno. just checked account there, I'm up to €7!!! loaded! still, one viral hit, and you could clean up. imagine the clicks those 22million view videos are getting if someone watching my videos are clicking through every day. I checked there and on one video there was only 2 clickthroughs the other days, but I got $2 from it obviously because they bought something, so having relevent ads is a clear help too.
                                        I got offered it after only 1300 views.Never bothered doing it though.

Comment

Carlito's way TV3 10pm tonight. Havent seen it in ages. Nice one.

Comment

Down + 2

Meath - 2

Denmark

Lumpage agus shipage imminent
                                            so far its business as usual...
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Nice magic trick with the beer Mike

Comment

FU Down. 8 points in the first 20 mins, then 2 more for the rest of the game wtf.

Comment

so far its business as usual...
                                                  Lol the RTE panel are baffled as to why Down imploded - I think I should ring them up and explain

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    FU Down. 8 points in the first 20 mins, then 2 more for the rest of the game wtf.
                                                    my bad

Comment

Carlito's way TV3 10pm tonight. Havent seen it in ages. Nice one.
                                                      They throw it out every 3 months. Quality film.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                        So he's scamming without scamming (a trickster if you will), along the lines of I bet you any money that Queen are singing that song, ...... you lose, it's Freddie Mercury etc.
                                                        I'd be inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at the moment, I'd say he's just phrased his challenge really badly.

Comment

my bad
                                                          Meath-Laois on rte.ie shortly in case you werent aware

Comment

Meath-Laois on rte.ie shortly in case you werent aware
                                                            Thanks yeah I have it up here. Im most confident about this one....

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

The 95%+ losing punters figure includes those who have no bankroll management and bet higher when they win, those who bet on ridic markets where there are multiple outcomes such as horse racing with no clue what they are at.

Its very easy to triple your bankroll over a season as long as you have discipline.

Comment

Very interesting from souness there saying that the Altitude camp is wrong for England. Especially interested in when Bill pushed him on it saying that surely the medical team should have gotten it right, and Souness said "they have got it wrong. And I know a bit more about it, that I'm not willing to say here". Inside info from the camp then?
                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Back garden BBQs. The dinner of Kings.

Comment

Very interesting from souness there saying that the Altitude camp is wrong for England. Especially interested in when Bill pushed him on it saying that surely the medical team should have gotten it right, and Souness said "they have got it wrong. And I know a bit more about it, that I'm not willing to say here". Inside info from the camp then?
                                                                    Possibly from Ray Clemence, I'd imagine those two would be good mates.

Comment

anyone be able to tell me if i win a package to the WSOP thru pokerstars 2mro can i just take the cash as i am not old enough to play?
                                                                      http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                                        anyone be able to tell me if i win a package to the WSOP thru pokerstars 2mro can i just take the cash as i am not old enough to play?
                                                                        Afaik it goes into your account i think i read somebody posting that here awhile ago, not 100% but im sure somebody will be able to answer it.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                          Afaik it goes into your account i think i read somebody posting that here awhile ago, not 100% but im sure somebody will be able to answer it.
                                                                          Yeah goes into your account unless they changed things this year. You can withdraw it too, if you win a second package you only get w$ for it so you can't take it out.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
                                                                            Thank you for contacting PokerStars.

The PokerStars 2010 Prize Package for the World Series of Poker includes the
                                                                            following:

• $10,000 WSOP Main Event buy-in
                                                                            • $1,000 for travel and expenses
                                                                            • 8 nights hotel accommodation at the Palms (or a cash equivalent) worth $1,000
                                                                            • Shuttle Bus to and from the Rio

Please note that the $1,000 for travel and expenses will be credited into
                                                                            your account as soon as you qualify. Also, as players have to buy-in for the
                                                                            event (we are not able to register them) the $10,000 for the WSOP Main Event
                                                                            buy-in will be also credited in your account (within five days from your
                                                                            qualification). Finally, if you decide you are not attending the event, you
                                                                            can specify this in the registration form and the $1,000 for hotel
                                                                            accommodation will also be credited into your account.

In total it will be $12,000 that you can either cashout for you to use in
                                                                            anything you would like to or leave it in your account for further use.

Please keep in mind that if you choose to participate in the event, players
                                                                            who sign the PokerStars World Series Terms and Conditions document - and
                                                                            agree to wear PokerStars branded clothing exclusively throughout the Main
                                                                            Event - will be entitled to receive the following bonus incentives:

• Free 2011 PokerStars Caribbean Adventure (PCA) or North American Poker
                                                                            Tour (NAPT) prize package for those who cash in the Main Event
                                                                            • 50,000 VPPs (VIP Player Points) on January 1st 2011
                                                                            • Main Event Champion Bonus - $1,000,000 split between cash and tournament
                                                                            credit for live and online events
                                                                            • PokerStars player bag
                                                                            • Invitation (+1) to PokerStars Player Party on July 11th
                                                                            • Free suite upgrades for Supernova and Supernova Elites (if rooms available)

For full details on the prizes and incentives, as well as all the
                                                                            requirements players must agree on to qualify for them, please visit the
                                                                            following link:

You have reached a page at PokerStars™ which no longer exists. Visit our homepage or the sitemap to find the page you're looking for.

For everything you need to know about the World Series of Poker and more,
                                                                            please visit the dedicated WSOP website at:

Also you may wish to have a look at our WSOP FAQ page located on our website
                                                                            at:

You have reached a page at PokerStars™ which no longer exists. Visit our homepage or the sitemap to find the page you're looking for.

Should you require further assistance in regard to this or any other matter,
                                                                            please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Andrea Ji
                                                                            PokerStars Support Team

Comment

No player I'd rather have one on one that Eto'o

Comment

lol Denmark

Comment

lol Bubbleking
                                                                                  FYP

Comment

cheers BK, on cameroon, and 1-0 cameroon.
                                                                                    lol, hold!!!
                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                      I read Ben Shahars book "Happier" last year. Although it's more a workbook than a book, took my weeks to do the exercises and I didn't even do every single 1 of them. It's hard to say how much it has helped me but I definitely think I am generally more thankful and much more open to opportunities than I was before.
                                                                                      Does that lecture series cover much the same?

Even if it does probably worth my while for a refresh.
                                                                                      Yes it covers similar stuff, but the lectures are way better than that book is imo.

Comment

LOL

Check out the coverage of the Argentina-Scotland rugby international on Setanta Ireland. It's like being back in the 80's

I expect Bill McLaren to take over the commentating very soon

Comment

pokerstars is down for me atm, would anybody be able to tell me the buyin for the wsop sat tomorrrow night?

thx

Comment

Originally posted by hornswaggl View Post
                                                                                            pokerstars is down for me atm, would anybody be able to tell me the buyin for the wsop sat tomorrrow night?

Thx
                                                                                            $350+$20

Comment

WTf is going on in this game???
                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                WTf is going on in this game???
                                                                                                4-4 imo

Comment

The least prestigious entry ever in IMDB.
                                                                                                  The illustrious career of Anne Sellors
                                                                                                  Anne Sellors. Anne Sellors was born in 1952, in Sheffield, UK. A clever and creative child, she excelled at school. Her love of theater and cinema led her to go on to study drama. Her love of children, her fun loving nature and her desire and willingness to encourage others' potential led her to take her drama education and her extra curricular knowledge of the same into the classroom, where...
                                                                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                      4-4 imo
                                                                                                      RTE panel are agreeing with you Ace.

Comment

South Africa police have admitted to having problems with drug dealers, thieves and sex fiends during the World Cup. The say things should improve once John Terry and his family fuck off home.

Comment

Lidl maths fail

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Part 1 correct (so far), part 2 you bubblekinged

Comment

ship meath minus 2

Comment

\0/

Comment

ship meath minus 2
                                                                                                                  2day could be the turning point,

Comment

Lovely goal.

Comment

Fathers Day has started early for me. I received socks, a copy of The Van and dinner out tomorrow from the missus with a Karate Kid boxset from the kids. Very strange selection from the kids might be something to do with the eldest lad taking up Karate last week

Thank god for Sky+ to record the golf currently watching Karate Kid 1 and no doubt 2 and 3 to follow later if the kids have their way. At least i have a bottle of wine near gone with a 2nd ready and waiting.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post

I've a sudden urge to try ketamine, orange seems to be my ballpark.
                                                                                                                        2 years ago on Stephen's Day night, I went from the pub back to a party in some apartment block fueled up with ~15 pints+shots. I was offered some of said drug and apparently took way too much. I was completely fecked and experienced the dreaded K-hole. Couldn't move and was sitting on the floor of the party tripping out pretty hard. Came out of it and realized I still existed but I had feck all control over my body. I went to the jacks for a piss but there was a cue, couldn't hold it and so went outside. It took about 5 mins to get down the stairs while clutching on to the banister for dear life and I'd 1/2 pissed myself. Only realized after I'd zipped up that I had chosen one of the neighbours front window to piss on and some lad was looking out at me. WTF do ya do...freak out and leg it obv! Freaking out wasn't a problem but legging it was as I the messages from my brain weren't getting delivered. I imagine I looked like the dentist from Mr Bean after he had the anesthetic injected into his leg. Thankfully villain didn't give chase.

Eventually got to the front gate but needed a code to get out(FML). There was no way in hell I was going back to the party and I doubt the neighbour would be too obliging after waking up to some bollox pissing all over his window. Only way out was to climb the 12 foot spiked fence. Got myself mentally as ready as possible which was tough enough in itself and managed to hold it together. I got to the top and threw my left leg over. The thought of not being able to have any kids should I fuck this part up was pretty sobering let me tell ya! I didn't think I was going to be able to get my right leg over without loosing balance and was in a bit of a quandary over how to play it. Presume it was a funny site if there was anyone watching some lanky string of piss doing some new form of freestyle gymnastics. My arms were giving giving out so just went for it, hurled my leg over and threw myself away from the fence. Landed pretty hard on my back n but thankfully didn't break anything. Looked back up at the fence n just burst myself laughing. The walk home was pretty painful as my legs gave out on me countless times including when I was in a shop getting smokes with ~7 people in the place.

Never again!!!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Jesus I'm some gobshite
                                                                                                                        It's all an illusion

Comment

Fathers Day? Ah fuck. Yet again its slipped my mind

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X