X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

house on lakers?

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
      If being positive doesnt include the above aspects then what would be a definition of a positive mental attitude?
      Its the idea that actually thinking positively in some way will change the outcome of the actual event. Taken in poker terms for example the idea that being positive will in some way make it more likely that you will hit your draw is ridiculous. That interview draws on a study that was done with patients who are sick and the myth that says being positive would in some way help them and it turns out to be nonsense. In fact being positive if anything only serves to comfort the actual loved ones of the person who is sick. I mean I am sorry but if I am sick I think I am the one that should dictate how I feel.

On a wider level within a capitalist society we encourage people to be positive as it leads to a false sense of happiness which keeps the world we live in turning. I think more people would question things in our world for the better if they didn't have the horrible attitude of I need to put my head down and stay positive and get past this.

Opr

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.

I feel like this is the kind of subject that people tend to have their minds made up on, and it is very difficult to change or progress views through a discussion. A bit like religion really.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwlZYSFUWIE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            The point is that those individual attributes exist or don't exist. Deciding to be positive doesn't generate them. You make things happen because you do what is required.

Positivity, negativity, optimism, pessimism don't actually change things in of themselves.
            “We don’t see things as they are; we see things as we are.” -Anais Nin
            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm into positive psychology which is the branch of psychology concerned with cultivating strengths rather than ameliorating deficits. If you want to know about this fairly new (founded 1998) field I recommend starting by reading a book by Martin Seligman (giant in psychology) called Authentic Happiness. You can pick it up for few Euro on Amazon and it may be the best few Euro you ever spent, notwithstanding the ghey populist title. Learned Optimism is a good book by him as well.

I thoroughly recommend busting out your video download manager and clipnabber.com to download from Youku Tal Ben Shahar's wonderful course in positive psychology that he did in Harvard in 2008. Starts here and links on side for the rest:

Btw if you don't know how to, you copy the url and go to clipnabber.com and put the url in and it gives you the 12 or so flv files to download. Or you could cousin find the 2006 lectures, but the camera work is better in 2008, so...

Barbera Frederickson has 3 recent 1 hour plus talks on some topics related to her work, she is a seriously good scientist within positive psychology, here's one:
              [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akIprHIagKQ&feature=channel[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                house on lakers?
                The loss of Perkins could be huge but then again Big Baby has stepped up in all the important games so it might work in the Celtics favour.
                There is still a question mark with Bynum, Gasol and Lamar Odom when the real pressure is on.
                I remember the finals two years back and game 6 where the big three just destroyed the Lakers. You can be guaranteed that Ray Allen will be on fire tonight and Garnett too. Pierce has to be big on defense, and the superstar of the Celtics now is Rajon Rondo, if he scores 20 points tonight the Celtics win imo although if the three Lakers I mention above are on their games then the Lakers could still take it even with the Celtics on top form.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wc7LkllDNmQ[/ame]

Quality isn't great but it's still class!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    On a wider level within a capitalist society we encourage people to be positive as it leads to a false sense of happiness which keeps the world we live in turning. I think more people would question things in our world for the better if they didn't have the horrible attitude of I need to put my head down and stay positive and get past this.
                    Opr
                    Very interesting. Being positive is not the same as being naive. One positive view might be to trust in peoples ability to learn and grow, both as individuals and as a society, and to be patient.
                    Also, being positive involves living as you believe is the right way to live for you, and trusting that everything will work out.

Edit: also, maybe, in the (evolutionary) short term, they are putting their heads down because they are afraid, or feel they cannot contribute, or that things cant change, or any one of many other negative aspects? Maybe, while they work this out, the best thing *for them* is to be positive and do their best (or "put their head down" as you put it).

Edit: Maybe those people who actually *do* believe that the world is great just need more experience before they can make an informed choice?

Its the idea that actually thinking positively in some way will change the outcome of the actual event.
                    Opr
                    Yes it can. Two examples, then I'm going to sleep!

(1) you meet a woman you know and want to ask her out. she likes you. Do you think it is more likely that you will ask her out if (a) you have been pessamistic about yourself/job/last girlfriend whatever all day long or (b) out with your mates all day having a great time seeing your favourite band and relaxing, celebrating your juicy new job.

(2) You make a stupid mistake in a poker game. Do you think you will play the next pot better if you (a) lose confidence in your game and berate yourself constantly about making a mistake, always thinking about what you did wrong or (b) brush it off, evaluate what you did wrong, learn from your mistake and let it go?

Also, I didnt watch the video, too long and its too late, so don't assume that I did .

Also, wtf is this... !
                    Last edited by The Tourist; 18-06-10, 00:06.

Comment

Its the idea that actually thinking positively in some way will change the outcome of the actual event. Taken in poker terms for example the idea that being positive will in some way make it more likely that you will hit your draw is ridiculous. That interview draws on a study that was done with patients who are sick and the myth that says being positive would in some way help them and it turns out to be nonsense. In fact being positive if anything only serves to comfort the actual loved ones of the person who is sick. I mean I am sorry but if I am sick I think I am the one that should dictate how I feel.

Opr
                      Pessimist

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                        ship 3rd killarney package, lol
                        Originally posted by keane2097 View Post
                        Ship it.
                        did you win a package as well?

saw this 2nite, new favourite advert:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdTT22rTFY0[/ame]

Comment

Think the RTE website might actually be worth the license fee.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                            I'm into positive psychology which is the branch of psychology concerned with cultivating strengths rather than ameliorating deficits. If you want to know about this fairly new (founded 1998) field I recommend starting by reading a book by Martin Seligman (giant in psychology) called Authentic Happiness. You can pick it up for few Euro on Amazon and it may be the best few Euro you ever spent, notwithstanding the ghey populist title. Learned Optimism is a good book by him as well.

I thoroughly recommend busting out your video download manager and clipnabber.com to download from Youku Tal Ben Shahar's wonderful course in positive psychology that he did in Harvard in 2008. Starts here and links on side for the rest:

Btw if you don't know how to, you copy the url and go to clipnabber.com and put the url in and it gives you the 12 or so flv files to download. Or you could cousin find the 2006 lectures, but the camera work is better in 2008, so...

Barbera Frederickson has 3 recent 1 hour plus talks on some topics related to her work, she is a seriously good scientist within positive psychology, here's one:
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akIpr...eature=channel
                            I read Ben Shahars book "Happier" last year. Although it's more a workbook than a book, took my weeks to do the exercises and I didn't even do every single 1 of them. It's hard to say how much it has helped me but I definitely think I am generally more thankful and much more open to opportunities than I was before.
                            Does that lecture series cover much the same?

Even if it does probably worth my while for a refresh.

Comment

Don't normally post beats but this was to good not to post.

Full Tilt Poker Super Stack $15K Guarantee No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t40/t80 Blinds - 9 players - View hand 759760
                              The Official DeucesCracked.com Hand History Converter

MP1: t10500 M = 87.50
                              MP2: t11710 M = 97.58
                              Hero (CO): t11070 M = 92.25
                              BTN: t12668 M = 105.57
                              SB: t24083 M = 200.69
                              BB: t4175 M = 34.79
                              UTG: t6610 M = 55.08
                              UTG+1: t5180 M = 43.17
                              UTG+2: t4915 M = 40.96

Pre Flop: (t120) Hero is CO with Q Q
                              1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t240, UTG+2 calls t240, MP1 calls t240, 1 fold, Hero raises to t1040, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls t800, 1 fold, MP1 calls t800

Flop: (t3480) J 6 4 (3 players)
                              UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets t1400, UTG+1 folds, MP1 raises to t3240, Hero raises to t10030 all in, MP1 requests TIME, MP1 calls t6220 all in

Turn: (t22400) 9 (2 players - 2 are all in)

River: (t22400) 5 (2 players - 2 are all in)

Final Pot: t22400
                              MP1 shows 5 6 (two pair, Sixes and Fives)
                              Hero shows Q Q (a pair of Queens)
                              MP1 wins t22400

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist View Post
                                (1) you meet a woman you know and want to ask her out. she likes you. Do you think it is more likely that you will ask her out if (a) you have been pessamistic about yourself/job/last girlfriend whatever all day long or (b) out with your mates all day having a great time seeing your favourite band and relaxing, celebrating your juicy new job.
                                That's not being pessamistic[sic], you had a shitty day. Even a realist will feel shitty.

That's not being positive or optimistic, it's being realistic again. You had a (by the sounds of it) great day, saw a gig and got a new job. Of course you are in a good mood.

Don't confuse pessi/opi-mistic with have good or bad days. you need to compare the say day with opti vrs pessi

Like in the second one, which I agree with.

Comment

Positive thinking is complete and utter bullshit.

Opr
                                  Not really, you're not going to think yourself onto the moon, but being positive can be a very useful motivating tool.

edit didnt see Ckids post saying exactly the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    You had a (by the sounds of it) great day, saw a gig and got a new job. Of course you are in a good mood.

Don't confuse pessi/opi-mistic with have good or bad days. you need to compare the say day with opti vrs pessi

Like in the second one, which I agree with.
                                    I agree, but what I'm asking is this: are we more likely to ask her out if we are in that good mood and feeling confident?

The point being, if you are thinking positively versus thinking negatively on any given day, do you think this affects confidence for example. Not sure? Then try it and find out.

Comment

Very interesting. Being positive is not the same as being naive. One positive view might be to trust in peoples ability to learn and grow, both as individuals and as a society, and to be patient.
                                      Also, being positive involves living as you believe is the right way to live for you, and trusting that everything will work out.

Edit: also, maybe, in the (evolutionary) short term, they are putting their heads down because they are afraid, or feel they cannot contribute, or that things cant change, or any one of many other negative aspects? Maybe, while they work this out, the best thing *for them* is to be positive and do their best (or "put their head down" as you put it).

Edit: Maybe those people who actually *do* believe that the world is great just need more experience before they can make an informed choice?

Yes it can. Two examples, then I'm going to sleep!

(2) You make a stupid mistake in a poker game. Do you think you will play the next pot better if you (a) lose confidence in your game and berate yourself constantly about making a mistake, always thinking about what you did wrong or (b) brush it off, evaluate what you did wrong, learn from your mistake and let it go?

Also, I didnt watch the video, too long and its too late, so don't assume that I did .

Also, wtf is this... !
                                      I will try and write a response to the first part tomorrow as I have had a few drinks and the Basketball is starting soon

Just a few random thoughts about your question towards the girl, those are actual events which relates to actual happiness as opposed to a false positive attitude. In what your talking about false PMA is not something that comes into the equation as the events in your question determine your state of mind.

The second question again relates to the same thing. I mean I feel it would be much more detrimental if I was to stay in a poker game after what you describe in which I have forced a false positive attitude as opposed to actually being able to logically confront what has happened then deal with it constructively and afterward evaluate if I can continue in the game. I am pretty sure tilt has come in the past from me not doing this and playing on with a false PMA.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                        If you look at the numbers pledged to either side it looks like the unelected senators must swung it for Kenny. To be fair to Kenny, its natural for him to want to hang on so he can tell his grandkids he was Taoiseach.

Coveney is just being a snake like all politicians begging for his job back.

tbh the whole thing annoys me immensely as it means Labour will get in with more of the seats and their policies are woefully bad for the country imo.

At least if FG had switched over to Bruton the party could say to the electorate (which the polls show don't want Kenny as Taoiseach) "we've made decisive changes to address what you told us" - then they would have waltzed into the next government holding most of the seats. It's actually spectacular how much FG have blown it over the last year and a bit.
                                        Fully agree with all of this in particular the bolded bit. I think one of Labours policies is to increase the higher rate of tax to somewhere in the region of 65% which would be a fcking killer for me personally.

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                        What took you so long to respond. Your a scam artist imo.
                                        And there i was thinking i was the only one who thought this Sheepmaster was FOS.

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                        RTE stooping to a new level of patheticness I didn't think was possible.
                                        Watched the match tonight on Sky+ and Mexico fully deserved the win but srly Irish commentators are probably the only creatures on earth to come out with some of the anti french comments...really pathetic.

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                        We are one bitter bitter nation. My facebook most recents is full of justice/fu france/ fu Henry type stuff.
                                        +1

The point is that those individual attributes exist or don't exist. Deciding to be positive doesn't generate them. You make things happen because you do what is required.

Positivity, negativity, optimism, pessimism don't actually change things in of themselves.
                                        Disagree but as you mentioned most peoples minds are set on these things. From personal experience i have achieved a number of things in life i am pretty sure would not be possible without maintaining a positive attitude. Obviously sickness and other such things cannot be cured by just having a positive mental attitude.

Really impressed with two players from the WC so far who i can see making it to the premiership on the cheap. Both are LB's for Nigeria and Mexico, i think Taiwo and Salsido are the names.
                                        Tough work keeping up with the BBV when you are not on throughout the day, this thread is a beast
                                        Last edited by Jackyback; 18-06-10, 00:49.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                          house on lakers?
                                          Ship the loots on the lakers imo, the loss of perkins means that the Celtics have Rasheed Wallace and Big Baby Davis and Shelden fucking Williams to guard Gasol and Bynum. Rasheed will get 3 fouls before the 2nd quarter is up and running, which means that KG will have to guard Gasol.

All of this is meaningless when Kobe decides to take over and score on the Celtics at will, Pierce is the only Boston player who has a hope of slowing Kobe down and Kobe will just draw fouls and get to the free throw line.

Prediction: Lakers up 10+ by the start of the 4th quarter, Kobe hits early 4th quarter points, game over. The Lakers won't even need the production of the bench that they got in Game 6 to maintain the lead thru Q's 3 and 4.

The only hope the Celts have is that Ray Allen and Pierce shoot the lights out until the end of the 3rd Q, and then the Celtics frenetic defense is enough to slow down Kobe in the 4th.

Comment

I agree, but what I'm asking is this: are we more likely to ask her out if we are in that good mood and feeling confident?

The point being, if you are thinking positively versus thinking negatively on any given day, do you think this affects confidence for example. Not sure? Then try it and find out.
                                            I can't really try it out. Not sure if anybody has the ability to turn on or off a PMA for a day. It's something you do or don't do, or learn to do over time.

I'm a realist.
                                            To is friday, I'm in a good mood, I like fridays.
                                            I'll probably be in a good mood all weekend. Might even approach a few of those girls you mentioned.
                                            Monday, sigh....

Comment

I re-watched The Karate Kid last night.
                                              In life, I now refer to the wisdom of Mr Miagi...

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi
                                              Walk on road, hm? Walk left side, safe. Walk right side, safe. Walk middle, sooner or later get squish just like grape.
                                              Man who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything.
                                              Daniel (staring at poster of man karate chopping wood stump in half): “You think you could break a log like that?”
                                              Miyagi: “Don’t know. Never been attacked by a tree.”
                                              “OK to lose to opponent. Not OK to lose to fear.
                                              Ambition without knowledge is like a boat on dry land.
                                              Balance, not just karate only, lesson for whole life. Whole life, have balance, everything be better."
                                              and obv...
                                              “Wax on… wax off. Wax on… wax off.”
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

* you are more likely to do what is required if you are positive about the chance of success

Last minute of a big match, ball whipped into the box, your rent check is on the game

look like the defense should clear it easily

you have the choice of 3 centre forwards

do you want the one who thinks the centre back is going to miss the ball, it is going to break to him and he is going to score
                                                OR
                                                the one who thinks that defender has not missed a cross all day whats the point, ooh god that came to me quick I wasn't ready for that
                                                OR
                                                god if he does miss I will make a mess of it

young working knees Robbie Fowler or Heskey or Ian Dowie for the rent?
                                                Last edited by Guest; 18-06-10, 01:24. Reason: tori spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                  I re-watched The Karate Kid last night.
                                                  In life, I now refer to the wisdom of Mr Miagi...

and obv...
                                                  you may want to lay off "the wax on wax off" for a few days, you will go blind

Comment

sick crowd

Comment

The new Karate Kid looks good from the Trailer...

Comment

LOL

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OO_zUw8AiA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                        ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                        I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Laf, Pierce doesn't need to shoot the lights out tonight. If Allen does it, and Garnett has a good night, then its down to Rondo imo. That is as long as Pierce does a big job defensively.

Anyways hope its a fitting end to a great series.

Lets Go Celtic!!! One time and all that.
                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

anyone got a working stream for the lakers?

ta!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                              anyone got a working stream for the lakers?

ta!
                                                              Loads of them in the first post in this thread. First one is good quality and working fine for me.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                The new Karate Kid looks good from the Trailer...
                                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY8amUImEu0[/ame]

Looks pretty awful to me, sadly.
                                                                I can't believe that is Jackie Chan, he looks really different/weird to when I last saw him and seems so so wooden, in the trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                  Loved the music in the latest Treme.
                                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDhhWvKNY2k[/ame]

Take that walk...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDuZRMIamJg[/ame]
                                                                  Last edited by oleras; 18-06-10, 01:23.
                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

http://www.atdhe.net/ couple of different streams for the Lakers vs Celtics, can vary in quality, also on ESPN on NTL if you have it.
                                                                    Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                    Laf, Pierce doesn't need to shoot the lights out tonight. If Allen does it, and Garnett has a good night, then its down to Rondo imo. That is as long as Pierce does a big job defensively.
                                                                    Anyways hope its a fitting end to a great series.
                                                                    Lets Go Celtic!!! One time and all that.
                                                                    I'm rooting for the Celtics, but I think it's their defence tha will win if for them if they even have a chance.
                                                                    They have to stop 2 out of 3 of Kobe, Gasol/Artest/Fisher or Odom+the bench. Nobody has been able to stop Kobe in the last 4 years and the Lakers bench were really good in Game 6.

If Perkins was ok for game 7 I would put it as a coin flip, just because of the Celtics veterans, but since he's out I think the Lakers bigs will score and then Kobe will go for 30+ at key moments without the Celtics being able to respond.

Go Celtics obv just can't see it happening :/

Comment

Glad I wasn't on that flight, some bunch of loud tossers.

Edit: lol, were you on that flight?
                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 18-06-10, 01:29.

Comment

Well I'm happy with that first quarter although a little pissed at the foul that was called on KG at the end of it. Woulda been nice if Ray Allen had dropped that 3 right at the very end. Still good start, Pierce is really putting on a masterclass on D so far.

Comment

adverts on in US during sports are lolobesebad

Comment

Well I'm happy with that first quarter although a little pissed at the foul that was called on KG at the end of it. Woulda been nice if Ray Allen had dropped that 3 right at the very end. Still good start, Pierce is really putting on a masterclass on D so far.
                                                                            Yep Rondo getting some points early too, solid job defending the paint by the Celtics, except Lakers getting lots of offensive boards. Needs Allen+Pierce to get shooting!

Comment

If Magic Johnson and the whole showtime gig had not turned me into a Lakers fan as a kid this whole "famous fuck in the front row" lark would probably have me hating the club

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                Disagree but as you mentioned most peoples minds are set on these things. From personal experience i have achieved a number of things in life i am pretty sure would not be possible without maintaining a positive attitude. Obviously sickness and other such things cannot be cured by just having a positive mental attitude.
                                                                                You're missing the point.
                                                                                I don't know what you are referring to above, but says its a business.
                                                                                You decided that you were good enough to go it alone (ie were positive), you went for it and were a success.

If you were negative you wouldn't of tried and obvious wouldn't of succeeded.

Agreed do far.

it's the assumption that you success was due to the positive attitude. It's wasn't, you were always good enough to succeed, being positive didn't change that. It just made you try in the first place. The negative version of you would of too had he tried.
                                                                                You were being realistic in a way.

What about the guy who is positive and fails and ruins his life, a realist wouldn't of done that.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                  Glad I wasn't on that flight, some bunch of loud tossers.

Edit: lol, were you on that flight?
                                                                                  No lol I know what u mean doe head melter's
                                                                                  ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                  I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

a guy i know complained about losing 100notes on spain saying that's 12hours work to get it back, i jokingly said ship 300 on lakers and you'll be even. someone else came along and said they were a cert, and he ended up doing it. just as well he's asleep and not watching the game!
                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-06-10, 02:17.

Comment

Well I'm still happy because we have the lead, Paul Pierce is the star of the show so far. Ray Allen has to step up in the second half though, 1/6 is just not good enough. I forgot to mention Rasheed and Big Baby who both put in solid efforts in the first half.

I am optimistic though, I just have this feeling that Rondo is going to light up the second half, the kid has been the star of the playoffs this year and it would be fitting imo.

Comment

Wow irishpokerboards.com world cup theme.

Comment

Well I'm still happy because we have the lead, Paul Pierce is the star of the show so far. Ray Allen has to step up in the second half though, 1/6 is just not good enough. I forgot to mention Rasheed and Big Baby who both put in solid efforts in the first half.

I am optimistic though, I just have this feeling that Rondo is going to light up the second half, the kid has been the star of the playoffs this year and it would be fitting imo.
                                                                                          The fact the lakers are within 6 despite shooting terribly would have to be a worry for a celtics fan.

Comment

Wow irishpokerboards.com world cup theme.
                                                                                            That bugged the hell out of me, way worse than mid-game.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                              That bugged the hell out of me, way worse than mid-game.
                                                                                              im thinking of making it my home page

lol at the constant advertising

"windows 7 move of the match" or whatever its called
                                                                                              and the "coors cold hard look"

*after the american football season ended I swore no basketball or football till 5 in morning anymore BUT game7 is game7
                                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 18-06-10, 02:35. Reason: *

Comment

What's the story with fouls in NBA. How many does a player need to commit to get expelled/sent off?

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                  The fact the lakers are within 6 despite shooting terribly would have to be a worry for a celtics fan.
                                                                                                  Nope you got that backwards, them shooting terribly is a worry for Laker's fans. I'm happy to see them shoot like that. If you back up the thread I mentioned 3 players before the game.

Gasol is 3/12
                                                                                                  Bynum is 1/5
                                                                                                  Odom is 0/1

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                    What's the story with fouls in NBA. How many does a player need to commit to get expelled/sent off?
                                                                                                    6 fouls.

2 technical fouls. Technicals are given when players give back chat to the refs or get in each others faces after a play or delay the game, stuff like that. Its rare that a player gets two in a game.

Comment

LA shot like this in game 5 and I thought the same as CS but guess its hard to get things going when you start like this. I hate to keep concentrating on Kobe but unless he starts making shots or making plays to give people good looks around him this game is over.

Opr
                                                                                                      Last edited by Opr; 18-06-10, 02:47.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                        Commit 6 personal fouls and you leave the game. Commit 2 technical fouls and you get removed from the court, basically call the refs mum a dirty slut twice and you're gone. Commit one flagrant foul by decking someone as they try to score and you get thrown out.

3rd quarter
                                                                                                        SPOILER
                                                                                                        Celtics just looking like they want it more and great defence, Lakers look like they are lacking in energy/not arsed, go Celts prove me wrong!

Comment

Rondo is sick good on the boards, apparently the size of his hands and the length of his arms are those of the typical 6ft11 NBA player, and Rondo is barely 6ft2 or 6ft3.

Comment

Originally posted by Lafortezza View Post
                                                                                                            Rondo is sick good on the boards, apparently the size of his hands and the length of his arms are those of the typical 6ft11 NBA player, and Rondo is barely 6ft2 or 6ft3.
                                                                                                            He is only 6'1" actually.

Cooker you are right by the way, its all about Kobe and the Celtics are concentrating on stopping him. The other guys that I mentioned don't seem to handle the pressure well when its on them to get baskets.

Comment

Cooker you are right by the way, its all about Kobe and the Celtics are concentrating on stopping him. The other guys that I mentioned don't seem to handle the pressure well when its on them to get baskets.
                                                                                                              Cheers

Comment

if only they could do something with all those rebounds

Comment

Part of that is down to Kobe being a bit of a cnut when it comes to setting up others!???

*whenever I watch the Lakers I do spend a lot of time shouting "pass the ball" at Kobe
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 18-06-10, 03:04. Reason: *

Comment

that guy that does the toyota safety ad sounds like such a drooler.

Comment

Odom really stepped up in that quarter. Ray Allen doing it on D but not on O, just hope Rondo takes over now like he has done so many times.

Comment

Nope you got that backwards, them shooting terribly is a worry for Laker's fans. I'm happy to see them shoot like that. If you back up the thread I mentioned 3 players before the game.

Gasol is 3/12
                                                                                                                        Bynum is 1/5
                                                                                                                        Odom is 0/1
                                                                                                                        Well I was making an indirect reference to all the rebounds LA were getting. But anyway, Kobe needs to turn it on here in the last quarter for the lakers to have a chance. It will be close!

Comment

FU Gasol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X