This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
    Free Pizza on its way! I don't even really want it, but if it's free...
    wont deliver to me

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
      do you have to order anything to get the free pizza?
      There is a minimum delivery charge snag when you try to order it online. So I checked the terms and conditions, and rang them up and basically didn't get off the phone until a pizza was on the way. I have to give a nominal delivery fee when the guy gets here. Fair enough.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
        There is something really odd going on, thats the exact same thing I got told the other day.

There have been a few people who have not had internet over the past few days in different areas on different days.
        something odd alright I can't find anywhere that a cable was dug up between here and the exchange.
        I'll be standing outside the exchange when the boys roll up in the morning so they'll have to postpone their arsing around reading the sun until they get to work on my line.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Loved the music in the latest Treme.
          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
            Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
            This is excellent, except the number 7, which is just depressing. The rest were full of lols though!
            Didn't really explain how some of them managed to lose so much money, like $100 million+.

I'll have a great time when I win, no regrets.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
            Sucking it to the body with a daily regime of Smoothies and B12 supplements for the last few days, as was getting concerned that the heat was sweating out too many good things. Bet the body doesn't know what's hit it, but after just the few days have a tonne more energy.

Didn't realise making your own smoothies could work out so cheap - picked up a cheap-ass blender for €10 and then about five days worth of fruit costs €5 (can't imagine it'd be that much more expensive anywhere else really). Just sticking to strawberry, orange and banana smoothies for this week, but they taste amazing. Works out as an excellent breakfast or snack. Five-a-day ftw!
            I always feel fairly sh1t after a smoothie, don't think they agree with me.
            It'd be nice if that plan would work for me but I doubt it. :-/

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
            I know it has been linked here before but I can't express enough how good Zonal Marking is, really insightful articles on tactically what goes on during games. He also predicted the tactics and quality of most teams far better than any other publication that I have read.
            Zonal marking was obv the problem with Benitez!
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Anticipating a quality Apres Match now
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Lol at wrapup music

Comment

RTE stooping to a new level of patheticness I didn't think was possible.

Comment

Brag: Just had one of those free pizza hut pizzas (thank you Mexico).

Beat: Not that hungry after having dinner earlier.

Variance: Pizza wasnt all that hot.
                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post

Variance: Pizza wasnt all that hot.
                      They probably made them just before the last France match.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                        Indeed. Apres match eases the pain though.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                          They probably made them just before the last France match.
                          Had occurred to me. The trusty microwave solves those issues though
                          May you live in interesting times!

Comment

We are one bitter bitter nation. My facebook most recents is full of justice/fu france/ fu Henry type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                              Watching the golf, what do you mean?.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                We are one bitter bitter nation. My facebook most recents is full of justice/fu france/ fu Henry type stuff.
                                +1

Comment

Good time for a clearout on facebook imo.

Comment

Whats the bets a number of these toolish type think Henry was the one who scored the goal in Paris?

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                      Watching the golf, what do you mean?.

Kept harping on about justic etc etc

Comment

My facebook seems to be quiet on the matter. Higher quality of friends or no friends? Who knows.
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          Whats the bets a number of these toolish type think Henry was the one who scored the goal in Paris?
                                          Well there's 1 girl who thinks B.O'Driscoll plays for Munster and her Karma comment was just lol.

'Henry that'll teach you to be offside"

Comment

My facebook seems to be quiet on the matter. Higher quality of friends or no friends? Who knows.
                                            nothing about it on mine either, but i doubt my friend list is a football heavy demographic!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                              nothing about it on mine either, but i doubt my friend list is a football heavy demographic!
                                              More of a badminton man?
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

My facebook friends are more inclined to making sophisticated Ulysses references
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  My facebook friends are more inclined to making sophisticated Ulysses references
                                                  Mine go something like this

Better get more pizzas on Pizza hut!!!!! Go on Mexico........ Aaaaa-rrrreeeeeee-bbbaaaaaaaa.........
                                                  about an hour ago · Comment · Like

LOL
                                                  ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                  I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                    Most of them have to wait till someone informs them tomorrow as they don't actually watch football.

Comment

2 weeks without t'internet was shockin..i missed 70 pages of BBV. Cliffnotes anyone?

Plus if Nicnic sees this i sent you a pm
                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Brag - I didnt back France

Beat - didnt back Mexico or the draw either but thats not the point

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iBDlJEabiI[/ame]

Really enjoyed this. Some comedy gold in it and some great memories. He really is a great entertainer!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                            Brag - I didnt back France

Beat - didnt back Mexico or the draw either but thats not the point
                                                            if only u didn't go for nigeria earlier on 3/4 2day so close

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                              if only u didn't go for nigeria earlier on 3/4 2day so close
                                                              yeah because what I bet actually effects the outcome

Comment

Phantom Lord you the man. Most of your posts I feel like thanking or agreeing with on some level.

Disclaminer have drank two cans of 29c beer which is usually enough to help me find religion the next day prob putting this as equivalent to drunken text to an ex.

Comment

yeah because what I bet actually effects the outcome
                                                                  In fairness you're practically this lad

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oATzS3f-iac[/ame]

Comment

shold went with my gut and did mexico for the double. Fcuk it worth losing few quid to see them ambitionless fcuks out.

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                                                      2 weeks without t'internet was shockin..i missed 70 pages of BBV. Cliffnotes anyone?

Plus if Nicnic sees this i sent you a pm
                                                                      • V for Vendetta got a new towel.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                        In fairness you're practically this lad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oATzS3f-iac
                                                                        If luck is all variance then I am due a Monstrous heater

Comment

If luck is all variance then I am due a Monstrous heater
                                                                          or a BJ off a waitress

Comment

Get it into the olympics imo

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPk3U45yAXI[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by the aul switcharoo View Post
                                                                              RaoulDuke arrived back from his so called 'holiday'. In reality he was commanding Mossad interventions close to Gaza, while simultaneously organizing an attempted coup within the ranks of Fine Gael (I may have imagined all this)
                                                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                RaoulDuke arrived back from his so called 'holiday'. In reality he was commanding Mossad interventions close to Gaza, while simultaneously organizing an attempted coup within the ranks of Fine Gael (I may have imagined all this)
                                                                                Id say he has imagined it a few thousand times himself

Comment

Moment of peacefulll bliss long passed. Get it in with middle set last 150 for the top ten stack of the 60k on Stars-up against a middler,bare middler. And I know,KNOW,as in genuinly fucking KNOW I will never fade that ten. Not in this life,thats just poker for me.

Im not sure why poker hates me,like actually LOATHES me. I certainly play badly a good bit of the time but the demented beats (that I actually can feel are coming,yeah like the old fish in yout live game who says "lol I could feel it") I actually do,they just never end.

Poker I hate you in equal measure,just so you know. You cnut.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                    Moment of peacefulll bliss long passed. Get it in with middle set last 150 for the top ten stack of the 60k on Stars-up against a middler,bare middler. And I know,KNOW,as in genuinly fucking KNOW I will never fade that ten. Not in this life,thats just poker for me.

Im not sure why poker hates me,like actually LOATHES me. I certainly play badly a good bit of the time but the demented beats (that I actually can feel are coming,yeah like the old fish in yout live game who says "lol I could feel it") I actually do,they just never end.

Poker I hate you in equal measure,just so you know. You cnut.
                                                                                    did you ever wonder if you thought positive that your luck would change - its a new strat im thinking about

Comment

did you ever wonder if you thought positive that your luck would change - its a new strat im thinking about
                                                                                      Like Mike the Mouth?

+ in all fairness sam your running fairly hot this year in life.

Comment

Positive thinking is complete and utter bullshit.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          Positive thinking is complete and utter bullshit.

Opr
                                                                                          Aside from gambling etc which is a pretty much lol affair for me at this stage

positive thinking is pretty essential in life if you ask me

Comment

Aside from gambling etc which is a pretty much lol affair for me at this stage

positive thinking is pretty essential in life if you ask me
                                                                                            Being false positive is a different thing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJGMFu74a70[/ame]

Opr
                                                                                            Last edited by Opr; 17-06-10, 22:43.

Comment

Thats taken to the extreme and utterly rediculous

Comment

Nah Im positive enough when I feel like Im going to get a nice hold in. Its freaky,like pokers some weird torturing entity that wants me to know one million percent Im not supposed to be invloved with it. Not a logical way to think about the pokes,especially after playing for years but thats how I roll poker,your horrible horrible creature.

Comment

I've really been missing Apres Match, but god bless Youtube! This one from earlier is absolute genius. I'm in tears watching it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkRZbY9XgKo[/ame]
                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thats taken to the extreme and utterly rediculous
                                                                                                    That interview doesn't solely focus on the extreme and explores it in more depth. I really feel that its one of the greatest myths that as a society we propagate to our detriment.

I am not championing that woman as I have my problems with her views but I do think it will get anyone thinking on the subject which is a good thing.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                      That interview doesn't solely focus on the extreme and explores it in more depth. I really feel that its one of the greatest myths that as a society we propagate to our detriment.

Opr
                                                                                                      Its really one of those things that "If its not doing you any harm then it must be doing you some good" Im a big believer in positive thinking even if its solely just for keeping myself sane

Comment

The George Hook one was excellent aswell. Really enjoyed tonights one aswell.

Comment

Im listening to that video there OPR and I think my idea of positive thinking is different to theirs. They seem to say that getting cancer / losing your job is a good thing as it will make you a better person etc.

My idea would be well I'll grit my teeth and get through this. It wont be end game for me etc ect - if that makes sense?

Comment

ship 3rd killarney package, lol

Comment

My idea would be well I'll grit my teeth and get through this. It wont be end game for me etc ect - if that makes sense?
                                                                                                              People confuse resiliency, mental toughness and the ability to work hard with the sweeping idea of "being positive". The whole idea of PMA is a comfortable way for people to generalise aspects of human behaviour that are difficult to contextualise and understand.

Comment

People confuse resiliency, mental toughness and the ability to work hard with the sweeping idea of "being positive". The whole idea of PMA is a comfortable way for people to generalise aspects of human behaviour that are difficult to contextualise and understand.
                                                                                                                If being positive doesnt include the above aspects then what would be a definition of a positive mental attitude?

Comment

If being positive doesnt include the above aspects then what would be a definition of a positive mental attitude?
                                                                                                                  The point is that those individual attributes exist or don't exist. Deciding to be positive doesn't generate them. You make things happen because you do what is required.

Positivity, negativity, optimism, pessimism don't actually change things in of themselves.

Comment

Im listening to that video there OPR and I think my idea of positive thinking is different to theirs. They seem to say that getting cancer / losing your job is a good thing as it will make you a better person etc.

Any experience can make you a better person, if you learn something from it. Thinking positively allows you to do this without wasting your precious time on being negative.

Comment

The point is that those individual attributes exist or don't exist. Deciding to be positive doesn't generate them. You make things happen because you do what is required.

Positivity, negativity, optimism, pessimism don't actually change things in of themselves.
                                                                                                                      yeah but one could argue that those attributes cant exist without being positive.

by the way this is my favourite Apres match (me being a GAA head and all)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDC5DGPJ1CI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDC5DGPJ1CI&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Ship it.

Comment

Rubbish.

Why not set yourself a challenge? Monitor your thoughts over the weekend. Any time you feel you are thinking negatively, completely *ignore* that train of thought. Don't try to refute it, just ignore it.

Instead, think about something you like, or are looking forward to, or whatever works. This is actually quite difficult in practise, requiring a lot of dicipline, but stick with it and note the cumulative effect on your mood.

Start each day with 30 minutes of *really* actively thinking positively and then follow it through during the day.

See if you still feel the same way on monday.

This is an interesting project for anyone. Don't expect to get it perfect. The effects are subtle at first, but very real.

Good luck & have a good weekend.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by The Tourist; 17-06-10, 23:33.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X