This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
    You have to use internet explorer for this, just install the plugin.

http://www.vexcast.com/emPlayer.jsp?cid=923
    IEtab in Firefox will work for this too. Vexcast is good usually

Comment

Ireland leading italy 13-2 as far as im aware so far!
      GWAN!
      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

23-3 now...

Comment

God that Italian line-out is awful
          pandapower99.blogspot.com

Comment

23-8.

God I'd love if Mirco Bergamasco is their kicker for the 6N, I have him on my Fantasy team!

EDIT: nope, wrong Bergamasco!
            Last edited by Emmet; 06-02-10, 15:34.

Comment

Totally undeserved try for the Italians, ah good missed conversion. Might actually do the team a favour though, in reminding them you can never fall asleep no matter how big the lead.
              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

what time does the superbowl start our time?

Comment

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                  Ireland leading italy 13-2 as far as im aware so far!
                  GWAN!
                  ?

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                    Tom Kitt is an early Irish casualty at the Euro Deepstack. Doke got a nice double up (well, as good as) at the start of play.
                    Thought he was one of the chipleaders? What happened?
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                      Thought he was one of the chipleaders? What happened?
                      Tom Kitt gone.
                      I've just noticed that Tom Kitt has hit the rails. gone. Word from the table was that he ran top-pair,good kicker into top-pair, top kicker and then QQ into KK on a ten high flop. Sounds icy cold anyway!
                      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Looks to be have been a few hands that did the damage. First it was AQ into AK on a A high board and then ran QQ into KK on a ten high board.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                          11 pm
                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                            Skys coverage starts at 11, no idea how much of it there is, at a total guess I'd say mid night kick off.

The Champions League final for the first time ever beat the Superbowl in worldwide ratings this year by the way, I found that interesting. I think with saturday finals now it'll become something very like a Superbowl occasion itself.
                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

geesss its hard to see ireland winning this 6 nations if they were [playing a decent team they would be loosing right now

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

First game is when Italy play their most destructive rugby. Its very tough to win big against a team who are happy to just constantly slow you down.

Playing against Italy isn't like playing against any of the other 4 teams, I wouldn't entirely discount the game, but I wouldn't rely on it for too much information.

Pretty shite game to be honest so far.

Comment

Looking to lay Burnley over on the football betting thread,....see thread for details etc.
                                  Hey buddy, did ya get that thing I sent ya?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                    First game is when Italy play their most destructive rugby. Its very tough to win big against a team who are happy to just constantly slow you down.
                                    So Italy +21 at evens was value?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                      I've put money on it, yup

Comment

There is rarely value in handicaps. I bet a lot on American Football and Basketball and I'd say once in every 20 games you see a nice handicap bet.

Comment

The way i see it Italy arnt really an attacking team. They are pure defensive. they know they are going to get beat so they try imo to keep that to a minimum. The other big teams such as France, Wales will constantly push foward leaving gaps for ireland to catch them on the break. Not sure if thats what emmet means but thats the way i see it. I wouldnt let this preformance worry you much.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                            There is rarely value in handicaps. I bet a lot on American Football and Basketball and I'd say once in every 20 games you see a nice handicap bet.
                                            very true, the handicaps are usually very much spot on. ten mins left here and there's 18 points in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                              The way i see it Italy arnt really an attacking team. They are pure defensive. they know they are going to get beat so they try imo to keep that to a minimum. The other big teams such as France, Wales will constantly push foward leaving gaps for ireland to catch them on the break. Not sure if thats what emmet means but thats the way i see it. I wouldnt let this preformance worry you much.
                                              Spot on, they play 80mins of defensive rugby. Hoping to nick a penalty here or there, and maybe a jammy try or two. Even when attacking, they are always looking back over their shoulders in case they're leaving gaps.

Whereas Wales and France, when going forward, commit to it. They are purely confident that they wont be turned over, and as such, are liable on the counter, or on a turnover.

I'd be far more worried if we struggled against Wales like this.

Comment

Superbowl starts at 1 our time.
                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                  yeah, thats what I thought. Huge amount of build up for it if I remember correctly.

Its a serious TV spectacle. Half Time show could be worth a watch too!

Comment

Roughly when will it end? Apparently the Woolshed on Parnell street are showing it but would they not have to close long before its over?
                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

City 2 nil down. Hopefully there will be no comeback there and spurs and villa draw. Would be an excellent day for liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                        Roughly when will it end? Apparently the Woolshed on Parnell street are showing it but would they not have to close long before its over?
                                                        I ran a Superbowl lock in last year. It seems there's about 12 this year now.

Its a case of blind eye itus from the Gardaí. They don't really give a shit cause its not going to be a load of 18yr olds twisted coming onto the streets at 4:30am.

There's Superbowl Parties in Woolshead, Kobra Bar, Tram Co and Captain Americas Tallaght for certain.

Last year we were careful and didn't advertise the venue in case Gardaí saw the posters, this year none of these places seem to give a shit!

Comment

The introductions start at 11pm and the expected kickoff time is 11.25pm. I don't know where you are getting 1 from.

Comment

Coppers are showing it. Free in b4 12 and there's free finger food platters aswell. No ticket required either. Im thinking of going if i can make one of my friends interested in the superbowl which is unlikely!

Comment

Burnely 2 - 0 West Ham.

Poor oul Lee Arama

Comment

Scheduled to finish at 5 but will likely be about half 5 or so cos the Superbowl always runs late.

Dunno bout the woolshed, but Kobra are serving till 9 a.m. Needless to say, thats where I'll be! I'd be very surprised if the Woolshed wasn't serving till at least 5 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  City 2 nil down. Hopefully there will be no comeback there and spurs and villa draw. Would be an excellent day for liverpool.
                                                                  ffs. I know what some people say about it, but literally 2 mins after I posted? ffs bbv.

Comment

Wow just looking at the soccer scores, two own goals in the United game.

Anyways can't wait for the England Wales game, I really think England are a real threat this year and Wales have gone backwards imo. Still should be a cracker.

Comment

Scheduled to finish at 5 but will likely be about half 5 or so cos the Superbowl always runs late.

Dunno bout the woolshed, but Kobra are serving till 9 a.m. Needless to say, thats where I'll be! I'd be very surprised if the Woolshed wasn't serving till at least 5 anyway.
                                                                      Most excellent, as a fantatic nfl fan who can barely tell you who's playing it will be something I wont wanna miss

Comment

ffs. I know what some people say about it, but literally 2 mins after I posted? ffs bbv.
                                                                        lets hope they can score another 3...

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                                          Coppers are showing it. Free in b4 12 and there's free finger food platters aswell. No ticket required either. Im thinking of going if i can make one of my friends interested in the superbowl which is unlikely!
                                                                          yea i saw that - won't it be just packed like every other saturday nite and so anyone that wants to watch it will find it hard?

Comment

3 own goals for pompey.. pretty sick

Comment

wow 3 o.g's in the united match

Comment

lets hope they can score another 3...
                                                                                A united fan wanting City to win? For shame.

Comment

A united fan wanting City to win? For shame.
                                                                                  yea meh i figured they would easily win and decided to do a double city(-1) and italy(+21) - about 11/2 - ugh

Comment

I'd be surprised if woolshed serve that late. They'll stay open but they will most likely stop serving at normal time.

Comment

wow 3 o.g's in the united match
                                                                                      I can't ever remember 3 own goals from one side in a match before.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                        I'd be surprised if woolshed serve that late. They'll stay open but they will most likely stop serving at normal time.
                                                                                        Not a hope they'll stop serving..

If there's money to be made, why not make it? They're breaking the law by remaining open, so why not make the most of it?

2002 World Cup, Ireland playing at whatever O'Clock AM, did you think all those pubs were actually Early Houses?

Its a rule that can be excepted, thankfully!

Comment

I ran a Superbowl lock in last year. It seems there's about 12 this year now.

Its a case of blind eye itus from the Gardaí. They don't really give a shit cause its not going to be a load of 18yr olds twisted coming onto the streets at 4:30am.

There's Superbowl Parties in Woolshead, Kobra Bar, Tram Co and Captain Americas Tallaght for certain.

Last year we were careful and didn't advertise the venue in case Gardaí saw the posters, this year none of these places seem to give a shit!
                                                                                          You ran a party? I was pretty sure it was a couple of people.

And was it not a case that the venue changed last minute so you COULDNT advertise it, as opposed to some genius tactical decision on your part.

Comment

Most excellent, as a fantatic nfl fan who can barely tell you who's playing it will be something I wont wanna miss
                                                                                            Yeah I'm pretty much a one day a year NFL fan, but wouldn't miss it for anything! That being said, I've made more of an effort to keep up to date this year so am a little more educated bout it! Thats not saying much though

yea i saw that - won't it be just packed like every other saturday nite and so anyone that wants to watch it will find it hard?
                                                                                            It'll be more packed than ever And its a Sunday night....

Comment

Originally posted by PhoneMonkey View Post
                                                                                              You ran a party? I was pretty sure it was a couple of people.

And was it not a case that the venue changed last minute so you COULDNT advertise it, as opposed to some genius tactical decision on your part.
                                                                                              Do I know you?

The answer to your first question is yes.

And no to your second.

Comment

yea meh i figured they would easily win and decided to do a double city(-1) and italy(+21) - about 11/2 - ugh
                                                                                                Ah right. I'll let you off then.

Comment

Do I know you?

The answer to your first question is yes.

And no to your second.
                                                                                                  Was it not meant to be held in Tramco and they bailed so ye were struggling for a venue up to 3 days before the actual gig? Im pretty sure thats the case and that ye would have definitely advertised it if it wasnt the case.

Comment

Originally posted by PhoneMonkey View Post
                                                                                                    Was it not meant to be held in Tramco and they bailed so ye were struggling for a venue up to 3 days before the actual gig? Im pretty sure thats the case and that ye would have definitely advertised it if it wasnt the case.
                                                                                                    Pretty 100% sure thats not the case, we had been offered Tram Co, amongst other locations, and only for the manager in Tram Co not thinking it was a great call, we moved it from there.

We advertised it as a Mystery Venue and ran buses to and from the event, this way, the venue was never published, and so neither of us could be easily in trouble over the event.

The posters for the event were printed more than a week in advance, so that should be proof enough that the pulling of Tram Co had nothing to do with it.

I'd appreciate if you wouldn't take an accusatory tone with me on a public forum, "calling me out" is not something I take lightly.

Edit to say - happy to talk more via PM about this if you want any more clarification
                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 06-02-10, 16:49.

Comment

Get in Hull.

Comment

Well done Hull, tyty.
                                                                                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Get in Hull.
                                                                                                          BBV thread title - 'Liverpool will never get 4th place'

That should keep us going good.

Comment

Not a hope they'll stop serving..

If there's money to be made, why not make it? They're breaking the law by remaining open, so why not make the most of it?

2002 World Cup, Ireland playing at whatever O'Clock AM, did you think all those pubs were actually Early Houses?

Its a rule that can be excepted, thankfully!

The gardai will have a word in there ear and tell them they'll look the other way if they stop serving early as this gives the punters 2hours or so of not drinking before they hit the street. I can't actually remember any of the Irish matches in 2002 being on before Pub opening hours.

Comment

The gardai will have a word in there ear and tell them they'll look the other way if they stop serving early as this gives the punters 2hours or so of not drinking before they hit the street. I can't actually remember any of the Irish matches in 2002 being on before Pub opening hours.
                                                                                                              IMO, the Gardaí would be a lot happier letting it go on as planned, and asking the pubs to ensure that people keep it down when they're leaving, than to try and get them to stop serving early.

No point causing a scene / incident, when people just want to watch the game and have a few drinks. Its just unfortunate that our alcohol licensing laws are so inflexible usually.

Comment

The Cameroon game was a 7am kickoff iirc. I remember it was ridiculously early to be getting up anyhow.

Comment

NTL dead for anyone else in the D9 area?

Comment

The Cameroon game was a 7am kickoff iirc. I remember it was ridiculously early to be getting up anyhow.
                                                                                                                    The Spanish game also kicked off before official pub opening hours.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      NTL dead for anyone else in the D9 area?
                                                                                                                      Nope its grand.

Comment

Originally posted by Loki View Post
                                                                                                                        The Spanish game also kicked off before official pub opening hours.
                                                                                                                        you sure? I don't remember when it was, but I know I was in a pub in a rural town at the time.

Edit: Yep, just checked, and it was 20:30 local time, so 12.30 Irish time.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by 6starpool; 06-02-10, 17:22.

Comment

you sure? I don't remember when it was, but I know I was in a pub in a rural town at the time.

Edit: Yep, just checked, and it was 20:30 local time, so 12.30 Irish time.
                                                                                                                          I remember having to bang on the window of the local to get let it. Thats what I was basing it on.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X